PDA

View Full Version : Family Circle Cup 2004

tennisrocks123
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:28 PM
does anyone know the whole story behind this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k71ezy5CC4k&feature=related

schynder and martinez have always had bad blood?

tucker1989
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:33 PM
It's finally on YouTube!

It's basically what you see on the video, if I recall correctly. Patty was not happy with Conchita, so she started to behave that way. Apparently there was a big blowup in the locker room, with objects and words being thrown. Now if we only had video of that!

.Andrew.
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:36 PM
Patty was basically angry that Conchita wanted to use the same ball that she won with. At a point, she took the ball and put it in her pocket. :lol:

matty
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:48 PM
Wow, poor sportsmanship from Patty at the end. At least shake her hand...you don't have to mean it or like it.

RJWCapriati
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:51 PM
Patty :worship:

GoConchi
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:59 PM
Very poor sportmanship from Schnyder! Not wanting to shake hands is bad enough but putting her hand up and then taking it away was just chldish, like putting the ball in her pocket!!!
I thought she was a bit strange with the whole Kournikova thing!
At least Conchi won the match and beat her agin a few weeks later in Fed Cup! Great reaction form Conchi after winning the last point.

Helen Lawson
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:51 PM
I can't vouch for what happened before the match, but I was there for that one and a few others with Conchita that week. Conchita's pre-serve activity is extended and full of superstitions all the time for anyone. She always wants to use the same ball as the last point if she won, she plays around with multiple balls, pulls at her underwear and plays with her ponytail, then she serves. That's how she is. She grossly exaggerated this with Patty. She did it with Petrova the day before and with Venus the day after, but it was very exaggerated against Patty. Obviously on purpose. Patty started to get unravelled in the middle of the first set where she was making faces at the crowd like Conchita was crazy. I thought maybe she was making a joke. Wrong. She was mad. It got worse and worse, at one point Patty took the ball after Conchita won the point and hit it into the stands so Conchita couldn't get it. Conchita acted all oblivous and innocent, but it was orchestrated by her from the first point. Toward the end of the second set, the point ended with both near the net and Patty yelled something in a foreign language that people later said was German and translated to "disgusting bitch." Conchita pretended not to hear, but they were only about 10 feet from each other. When the match ended, they approached, Patty held out her hand and as Conchita went to shake it, Patty yanked it back and snarled. Conchita started shrugging like she has no idea why Patty would do that. The crowd was going CRAZY. Well over half were booing Patty while the rest were cheering Patty. Patty stomped off really fast waving to the crowd like she's some kind of rock star. Only in Patty's world!
Anyway, it was hilarious. Conchita did this on purpose and it had the desired effect. Patty lost it and played poorly as a result.

rollup
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:05 PM
:haha: at Patty putting the ball up her skirt. Loved it!!!

partbrit
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Patty had told the chair umpire a few times to ask Conchita to please move on, but to no avail. She said, in an interview, that the reason she put her hand out and then took it away was that she wanted to make sure Conchita was close enough to hear what she had to say to her. God only knows what that was.

Helen Lawson
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Patty had told the chair umpire a few times to ask Conchita to please move on, but to no avail. She said, in an interview, that the reason she put her hand out and then took it away was that she wanted to make sure Conchita was close enough to hear what she had to say to her. God only knows what that was.

I know!!! If Patty was willing to shout "disgusting bitch" at her in German, I can old imagine what she'd say to her in private! :o