PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Venus Catching Hell?

Lolo8
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:29 PM
Venus wasn't the only one who declind to be moved. Sania Mizra was also asked and declined. So why does Venus get all the blame? Last year they accused someone in Serena's box of trying to use his watch to disrupt Vadisolva's serve:lol: Why is that people are always trying to stir up controversy with them?

DimaDinosaur
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:45 PM
They are black and tennis is a pre-dominately white sport, you do the math

In Nike's "Every sport needs a hero" commercial, Sharapova was chosen as the "hero" in tennis. She's blonde, she's white, like a lot of female tennis players who catch media attention..........notice how in terms of looks, they're everything opposite of Venus and Serena

Marcell
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Controversy sells,and add a Williams name to the equation and you have a major story. Also, they need an excuse to explain Hewitt's loss.

Mikey.
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM
It's called tall poppy syndrome. ;) When people stick ahead of the pack, the others left behind try to pull them back and criticise them. Maybe its jealousy... intimidation...? Who knows? :shrug:

V-MAC
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:59 PM
I don't know but I was really angry while I was reading Vee's latest post-match interview. It sounded like an interrogation :rolleyes:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:54 PM
because she's going to win the tournament. the hate is coming early lol.

kiwifan
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
I don't know but I was really angry while I was reading Vee's latest post-match interview. It sounded like an interrogation :rolleyes:

Usually I just shake the bullshit off but that really pissed me off too.

Why even inject that shit into the situation. :(

Obviously someone with an agenda.

As for why Mirza isn't catching shit...

...when a Rock Star and his buddies get in trouble who's name is in the headlines? :cool:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Venus wasn't the only one who declind to be moved. Sania Mizra was also asked and declined. So why does Venus get all the blame? Last year they accused someone in Serena's box of trying to use his watch to disrupt Vadisolva's serve:lol: Why is that people are always trying to stir up controversy with them?

He did have a shiny watch and it wouldn't be the first time someone went out of their way in Serena's match to disrupt.
i.e. Jackie Long acting like a fool in Miami.

I don't even see a controversy with Venus.
She said no. Hewitt didn't lose. Hewitt would have lost against Novak anyway.

And it's only silly to think they're being the only one looked at with scrutiny.
If I remember correctly, the board couldn't stop talking about Sharapova and bananagate for months.
And they wouldn't stop talking about what happened in her post match interview.
That's how they operate with many of the top players.

The funny thing is you're stirring up controversy just as the people you are accusing of doing so were.
It kinda makes me think, that you're no better than them.

Ari
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:45 PM
They are black and tennis is a pre-dominately white sport, you do the math

In Nike's "Every sport needs a hero" commercial, Sharapova was chosen as the "hero" in tennis. She's blonde, she's white, like a lot of female tennis players who catch media attention..........notice how in terms of looks, they're everything opposite of Venus and Serena

Actually, just for clarification, it is a Gatorade commercial. And Sharapova signed an endorsement deal with gatorade.

serenus_2k8
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:03 PM
I wouldnt have expected any less from the media tbh.

I just hope this gives Vee some fire in her belly and she can turn this round :D

Winston's Human
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:59 PM
They are attacking Venus because she has the strength to stand up for herself and assert her rights.

Sania is probably not being attacked because they suspect that she would have rolled over to their demands without Venus' insistence to not alter the schedule.

Direwolf
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:09 PM
Because..
Venus represents the whole WTA..
shes the Statue of Equal Rights

thats faith

its really annoying..
cuz she has been fighting these
battles since she was just a kid..

Helen Lawson
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:20 PM
People are jealous as hell!!

Serena-rules-no1
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:20 PM
Venus sucks

she should take some class lessons from Serena

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:25 PM
Sania is probably not being attacked because they suspect that she would have rolled over to their demands without Venus' insistence to not alter the schedule.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Mirza has dealt with death threats, people burning effigies, and Jews and Moslems alike hating her for playing doubles with certain players, and she still goes to India and yet you think she would roll over for these demands?

Really now?

twight6
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM
Do you think anyone would care if they were saying Sania refused to move? No.

And, if it was Sania vs. Whothehellcares on that court and they said no, you know damn well that if they really wanted to move them, they just would have done it. But because it's Venus it's much more high profile and they would get much more shit for moving her.

GoDominique
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:28 PM
So if you are kindly asked to do something to accomodate others and you do it, it's called "rolling over"?

What is this world coming to.

twight6
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM
They are attacking Venus because she has the strength to stand up for herself and assert her rights.

I don't think Sania would have "rolled over", but I think that they wouild have a much easier time forcing Sania to change courts than Venus. And I don't mean Sania would be more persistent, I mean they would receive a lot more shit for making a higher profile Venus move than really an (unknown?) Sania.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:30 PM
Do you think anyone would care if they were saying Sania refused to move? No.

Hmmm... Let's see.
Well. There's a good portion of India and the Moslem world who hates her.

And that's about a billion people. And then you factor in the ones that have gone out of their way to try to make her life miserable.
It's a lot of people sweetie.

Use a little prudence next time. :wavey:

faboozadoo15
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:32 PM
So if you are kindly asked to do something to accomodate others and you do it, it's called "rolling over"?

If that's the attitude, why couldn't Hewitt's match be moved to Vodofone? Venus's match was scheduled first.
When they asked her to move, there was STILL a match going on on that court. It would be silly to switch.

If Hewitt's main concern was just getting through to the next round, he could have gone to Vodofone if he wished.

twight6
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:35 PM
Hmmm... Let's see.
Well. There's a good portion of India and the Moslem world who hates her.

And that's about a billion people. And then you factor in the ones that have gone out of their way to try to make her life miserable.
It's a lot of people sweetie.

Use a little prudence next time. :wavey:

What I'm saying is that they create much more controversy with Venus. There are a lot more (important?) people that come from Venus saying no. The fact that Venus is a celebrity even outside of tennis, and such a big name means that they can start shit by using her name. If they say "Sania Mirza went against the AO and refused to move", people say "who the hell is Sania Mirza?" But if you say Venus did it, it instantly turns into "Venus is a bitch, Venus had no right to do that, Venus is a terrible person", even from people who know nothing of tennis or the situation.

faboozadoo15
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Last year they accused someone in Serena's box of trying to use his watch to disrupt Vadisolva's serve:lol: Why is that people are always trying to stir up controversy with them?

If you watched the match, you eaily could have seen that light was bouncing all over Vaidisova's face for a good portion of the match, and the trash bomb in Serena's box was holding his watch up and aiming at several points.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:44 PM
If that's the attitude, why couldn't Hewitt's match be moved to Vodofone? Venus's match was scheduled first.
When they asked her to move, there was STILL a match going on on that court. It would be silly to switch.

If Hewitt's main concern was just getting through to the next round, he could have gone to Vodofone if he wished.

Again that's like asking Tim Henman in his prime at Wimbledon to move to Court 1 because Venus is playing against Nathalie Tauziat.
Different part of the world, different standards.

Why is it so hard for some of you to grasp that Venus is not as important in Australia as Hewitt as Hewitt is not as important in the US as Venus.

Maybe this will help for you.
Monica Seles is not as important in Poland as Graf as Graf is not as important in the rest of the world as Seles.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:49 PM
What I'm saying is that they create much more controversy with Venus. There are a lot more (important?) people that come from Venus saying no. The fact that Venus is a celebrity even outside of tennis, and such a big name means that they can start shit by using her name. If they say "Sania Mirza went against the AO and refused to move", people say "who the hell is Sania Mirza?" But if you say Venus did it, it instantly turns into "Venus is a bitch, Venus had no right to do that, Venus is a terrible person", even from people who know nothing of tennis or the situation.

No. They don't. I just told you that a good portion of the world hates Mirza for her daily actions.
No.
If Sania Mirza was the top of this story, there would be effigies burning in India.

Have you ever heard someone burning an effigy of Venus? NO.

No matter if people form an opinion on this, they wouldn't go out of there way to make Venus' life miserable.
There are people who are crazed enough to KILL Mirza for this.

GoDominique
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM

1. It was about the CROWD. The ticket-holders for the night session. Is that sooo hard to grasp that it was logistically impossible to move the Hewitt match? :weirdo:

2. What is Vodofone?

roarke
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:25 PM

There is a difference in being accommodating and being the instrument in your own demise. Most of you who are maligning Venus for not moving were expecting her to contributing to her own downfall in this tournament. Let me explain something to you.... this is an individual sport. Each player is out to win the biggest prize. Outside of illegal activity it is within the player's best interest to give him or herself every advantage to win the prize. Venus was looking out for herself and so was Sania, as every player would have done, even Roger. It is easy to say you would do something different than someone else especially if you are not faced with that situation.
If Venus had moved to the other court chances are she would not have gone to bed until maybe 3 am in the morning. With her schedule the next day and the day after that, it would not have given her the recuperative time to make a good showing. Venus because of her health struggles need her rest. I am sure all these things were taken into consideration when she advise the TD she did not want to move. Of course too few of you can see the reasons for her answer because you are so misguided by your internal demons that you have chosen to malign the woman instead. Venus has made many concessions in many tournaments over the years. Maybe they should get a more competent TD who can actually do the job. We donít see that but we are so quick to blame the athlete when itís the TD who screwed up!

To GoDom, BBB Serena-rules, and others of the same ilkÖ.... Try to make friend ----- join a club, get a hobby, go to church .. For Godís sake Do Something! Friendship will relieve your vapid nature.

Stamp Paid
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
Venus sucks

she should take some class lessons from SerenaOMG these new Serena fans! Posters like you really make us old gals look bad. :(

nozaroc
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:54 PM
Some in Australia are trying to blame the Hewitt loss on the late start in his previous game-nevermind Hewitt and his camp saying outright that it played no part. Venus stands out more than Mirza in this 'controversy' because she's more well-known. If she had moved-she probably would have had to drop her doubles match or risk a lack of rest for her singles match last night. Not to mention Mirza. If you saw the Venus/Domachowska match, Domachowska made a surprisingly strong showing. With a depleted Venus, it's possible she could've pulled an upset.

Personally, the blame should be going to the organizers, and I don't doubt for a minute that if it was, say , Petrova, they wouldn't have asked, they would've just moved them. But hey, it happened, a day of great tennis happened anyway, and move on.

Mrs. Peel
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:54 PM

Mirza has dealt with death threats, people burning effigies, and Jews and Moslems alike hating her for playing doubles with certain players, and she still goes to India and yet you think she would roll over for these demands?

Really now?

:lol::lol::lol:

gmokb
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:54 AM
Some in Australia are trying to blame the Hewitt loss on the late start in his previous game-nevermind Hewitt and his camp saying outright that it played no part. Venus stands out more than Mirza in this 'controversy' because she's more well-known. If she had moved-she probably would have had to drop her doubles match or risk a lack of rest for her singles match last night. Not to mention Mirza. If you saw the Venus/Domachowska match, Domachowska made a surprisingly strong showing. With a depleted Venus, it's possible she could've pulled an upset.

Personally, the blame should be going to the organizers, and I don't doubt for a minute that if it was, say , Petrova, they wouldn't have asked, they would've just moved them. But hey, it happened, a day of great tennis happened anyway, and move on.
I am prepared for the crowd to be anti-Venus and boo her in the next match. I only she is strong enough not to let it break her, like Serena at the French

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:57 AM

Really now?

Which Jews have opposed her playing doubles with certain players? :confused: If you're going to make bold statements like that you better have facts.

If Jews are going to have a problem with anyone that has to do with Mirza, it's Shahar Peer. Not Mirza. You better retract that statement.

Infiniti2001
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Which Jews have opposed her playing doubles with certain players? :confused: If you're going to make bold statements like that you better have facts.

If Jews are going to have a problem with anyone that has to do with Mirza, it's Shahar Peer. Not Mirza. You better retract that statement.

patiently waiting to hear from Mr Knowitall :lol:

sorceress
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:07 AM
It could have to do with the fact that Venus is still in the tournament and Sania plays doubles with an Australian player.

Marshmallow
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:08 AM

But GoDom - there was a match going on on VoDOfone Arena, that in theory could have gone on, til past 1am itself. Venus and Sania had already been waiting 3-4 hours, I think it's unfair to expect them to have to wait even longer, so a fan favourite / other people can have their way. It's not the most reasonable request to ask of someone.

There is a need for times to be assertive, and i think this was one of them.

supergrunt
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:17 AM
I don't think some people get the big picture. :(

supergrunt
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:17 AM
and how many times has that jerk Federer been on Vodafone? when has he had to move over?

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:20 AM

Why should I retract anything especially when you know exactly what I'm talking about. :lol:
Sorry when have Jews ever gone about putting blame on their own when they could easily place it on someone else and please don't go into the Old Testament for your answer.
They're human just like everyone else and it just happens to be a human trait we all take on.

I mention the statement when it comes to Shahar and Mirza once.
Every other post in this thread is moslem, moslem, moslem.
I did not go about on a quest to smear Jews and I'm sure even you can see that.

I used the incident which is one compared to the other countless time moslems have complained about Mirza as an example to show that there's no proof that Mirza would have "rolled over" in this situation,in fact it shows the total opposite.

So no I'm not going to retract it and hopefully you can find a constructive way to use your sensitivity on the issue.

CoolDude7
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:21 AM
They had asked Venus and Sania if they WANTED to move, they said "No"! However, they still could have been moved technically, so it was not Venus fault! They had the right to ask her and to deny her wishes. Venus told them that she would not like to move and they listened! It's not Venus Fault.....

VishaalMaria
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:24 AM
I am prepared for the crowd to be anti-Venus and boo her in the next match. I only she is strong enough not to let it break her, like Serena at the French

They won't boo her. I don't think it's that bad.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:25 AM
Why should I retract anything especially when you know exactly what I'm talking about. :lol:
Sorry when have Jews ever gone about putting blame on their own when they could easily place it on someone else and please don't go into the Old Testament for your answer.
They're human just like everyone else and it just happens to be a human trait we all take on.

I mention the statement when it comes to Shahar and Mirza once.
Every other post in this thread is moslem, moslem, moslem.
I did not go about on a quest to smear Jews and I'm sure even you can see that.

I used the incident which is one compared to the other countless time moslems have complained about Mirza as an example to show that there's no proof that Mirza would have "rolled over" in this situation,in fact it shows the total opposite.

So no I'm not going to retract it and hopefully you can find a constructive way to use your sensitivity on the issue.

Yeah so I'll ask again, which Jews have opposed her (Mirza) playing doubles with certain players (let's not beat around the bush - Peer)? :confused:

Your post explains why Mirza would not have rolled over in this situation. Fine! Good! But what have the Jews got to do with any of this or Mirza? Seriously! :confused: You are ridiculous.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:25 AM

:confused:

You have issues.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah so I'll ask again, which Jews have opposed her (Mirza) playing doubles with certain players (let's not beat around the bush - Peer)? :confused:

Your post explains why Mirza would not have rolled over in this situation. Fine! Good! But what have the Jews got to do with any of this or Mirza? Seriously! :confused: You are ridiculous.

I'm ridiculous?
How the fuck am I suppose to know what Jews have opposed Mirza playing doubles?
I don't even know the which Moslems don't want Mirza to breath but I know they exist. :lol:

So you're telling me that you believe not one Jew had an issue with Mirza playing with Peer?
OK. I'm not going to continue this convo with you because your sensitivity on the issue is too immense for your ass to have some common sense.

You were on a accusational tone from the get-go with your private messages which I already warned you when it comes to private messaging me so I'm sorry I'm going to bad rep you for that.
And the option you gave me in the second message, well that's just not an option.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:41 AM
I'm ridiculous?
How the fuck am I suppose to know what Jews have opposed Mirza playing doubles?
I don't even know the which Moslems don't want Mirza to breath but I know they exist. :lol:

So you're telling me that you believe not one Jew had an issue with Mirza playing with Peer?
OK. I'm not going to continue this convo with you because your sensitivity on the issue is too immense for your ass to have some common sense.

You were on a accusational tone from the get-go with your private messages which I already warned you when it comes to private messaging me so I'm sorry I'm going to bad rep you for that.
And the option you gave me in the second message, well that's just not an option.

Bringing up the Jews randomly to accuse them for doing things they didn't is something I have a lot of issues with. I called you out on it. You have no evidence. I'm not asking for specific Jewish names - you know this, you're clutching at straws here. I'm asking if there are any prominent Jewish groups that spoke up against Peer partnering Mirza. :rolleyes:

And in the private message, all I posted was in the headline READ: and then the link of my post in the message. THAT is NOT accusative. :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:54 AM
Bringing up the Jews randomly to accuse them for doing things they didn't is something I have a lot of issues with. I called you out on it. You have no evidence. I'm not asking for specific Jewish names - you know this, you're clutching at straws here. I'm asking if there are any prominent Jewish groups that spoke up against Peer partnering Mirza. :rolleyes:

And in the private message, all I posted was in the headline READ: and then the link of my post in the message. THAT is NOT accusative. :tape:

What are the prominent Moslem groups that have spoke out against Mirza?
There are none you idiot, Moslem fundamentalist is used in every mentioning of an incident.
I never mentioned anything about specific Jewish names.

I find this to be hilarious.
Because this is what Venus is supposedly in trouble for.
If this was something that could even be conspired to look anti-semitic or wrong, then one of the mods or admini would have deleted it a while ago.
You're requesting me to retract it.
I'm saying NO and because you're not getting your way you're interrogating me just as the Venus was post match.
This is really funny.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:00 AM
What are the prominent Moslem groups that have spoke out against Mirza?
There are none you idiot, Moslem fundamentalist is used in every mentioning of an incident.
I never mentioned anything about specific Jewish names.

I find this to be hilarious.
Because this is what Venus is supposedly in trouble for.
If this was something that could even be conspired to look anti-semitic or wrong, then one of the mods or admini would have deleted it a while ago.
You're requesting me to retract it.
I'm saying NO and because you're not getting your way you're interrogating me just as the Venus was post match.
This is really funny.

The fact that you're bringing up Venus shows you're really clutching at straws. I've been supporting Venus ALL THROUGHOUT this.

In fact, I was AT the match. I would've been FUMING if they had moved Venus-Sania from Rod Laver Arena. So please, bitch, save it! :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about Mirza and Muslim groups. She's got enough problems from her own country that we're all aware of. You said specifically that the Jews were opposed to her playing with certain players meaning Shahar. I said which Jews? You can't just bring up the Jews randomly without any evidence. Do you understand this concept? Do you understand how wrong this is? You need to read some history books.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:17 AM
The fact that you're bringing up Venus shows you're really clutching at straws. I've been supporting Venus ALL THROUGHOUT this.

In fact, I was AT the match. I would've been FUMING if they had moved Venus-Sania from Rod Laver Arena. So please, bitch, save it! :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about Mirza and Muslim groups. She's got enough problems from her own country that we're all aware of. You said specifically that the Jews were opposed to her playing with certain players meaning Shahar. I said which Jews? You can't just bring up the Jews randomly without any evidence. Do you understand this concept? Do you understand how wrong this is? You need to read some history books.

What does you supporting Venus have anything to do with my epiphany?

Oh no you didn't. You did not think you could call me a bitch and get away with it.
Someone hold my earrings!!! You messed with the wrong black person.

Listen you narrow-minded yellow-belly scum of the earth piece of shit, I don't have to look at history to know we're not infallible and that we can dislike other groups for no fucking reason.

How about you wrap your generic comprehension over that.
Now drop it before I drop you.

Because right now my reading skill are at a 5, if I get to 10, you're ass will be spinning so much you won't even know what fucking day it is.
Do not try me.

twight6
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:21 AM
:unsure:

MinnyGophers
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:52 AM
lol, this is almost better than a good tennis match.
**sits back and enjoys popcorn**

mykarma
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:00 AM
Hey Venus fans. She doesn't give a damn what others think about her decision. She did what she thought was best for her and who doesn't like it can kiss her booty. Let the haters bitch and moan all they want to.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:19 AM
What does you supporting Venus have anything to do with my epiphany?

Oh no you didn't. You did not think you could call me a bitch and get away with it.
Someone hold my earrings!!! You messed with the wrong black person.

Listen you narrow-minded yellow-belly scum of the earth piece of shit, I don't have to look at history to know we're not infallible and that we can dislike other groups for no fucking reason.

How about you wrap your generic comprehension over that.
Now drop it before I drop you.

Because right now my reading skill are at a 5, if I get to 10, you're ass will be spinning so much you won't even know what fucking day it is.
Do not try me.

This post barely makes sense.

If you cannot even provide a link - I'll even accept a wikipedia link - you are just a liar. You're just making up things.

When you make a claim you need to back it up with facts. I thought everyone knew that.

mykarma
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:48 AM

If you cannot even provide a link - I'll even accept a wikipedia link - you are just a liar. You're just making up things.

When you make a claim you need to back it up with facts. I thought everyone knew that.
Oh hell, wannabe and saml in a debate. :eek: Since neither is ever wrong this debate will probably go on till the end of the tennis season. :sigh:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:51 AM

Sweetie, it's not that I'm lieing it's that you're lieing to yourself.

You've already said enough for me to know that you have a equivalent brainwork of Tara Reid after a week of partying in Ibeza.

No you don't. There are people in my country and your country right now that are in jail for less.
I don't feel like looking for every damn thing just because someone who says they're a fan of tennis doesn't keep up.
Shyt I had to try to do that for Gimblestob on menstennisforum because they didn't know what he said about women's tennis a few years ago during the US Open Series.
I couldn't find the article on here but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and that doesn't mean he's less of an asshole because I can't find it.

I think I've gone out of my way to show that the possibility exist.
If you don't like it, then I suggest you be like a lemming and don't fight the urge to jump off the cliff.
That's all I can say for someone who takes on the simpliest of animalistic habits and then tries to take on me.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:57 AM
Oh hell, wannabe and saml in a debate. :eek: Since neither is ever wrong this debate will probably go on till the end of the tennis season. :sigh:

No, actually it has ended as far as I'm concerned because he made a foolish remark without any evidence.

This is what he said:

Mirza has dealt with death threats, people burning effigies, and Jews and Moslems alike hating her for playing doubles with certain players

Now from a news source:

Mirza initially agreed to play with Peíer in Bangalore, but later retracted, telling Peíer ďItís best that we donít play together this time to prevent protests against my cooperation with an Israeli. There is no reason to arouse their ire (Muslims).Ē

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3217231,00.html

So I asked show me evidence where Jews would be upset with Mirza playing with Shahar? What have Jews got to do with Mirza? :confused: He can't show that. He dropped the word "Jews" in for the sake of just dropping it in. There's something wrong with that.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:02 AM
Sweetie, it's not that I'm lieing it's that you're lieing to yourself.

You've already said enough for me to know that you have a equivalent brainwork of Tara Reid after a week of partying in Ibeza.

No you don't. There are people in my country and your country right now that are in jail for less.
I don't feel like looking for every damn thing just because someone who says they're a fan of tennis doesn't keep up.
Shyt I had to try to do that for Gimblestob on menstennisforum because they didn't know what he said about women's tennis a few years ago during the US Open Series.
I couldn't find the article on here but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and that doesn't mean he's less of an asshole because I can't find it.

I think I've gone out of my way to show that the possibility exist.
If you don't like it, then I suggest you be like a lemming and don't fight the urge to jump off the cliff.
That's all I can say for someone who takes on the simpliest of animalistic habits and then tries to take on me.

This post is irrelevant.

All right. Here's the question.

Why would Jews have a problem with Mirza playing doubles with Peer?

And we're not talking about individual racists here because anyone can be a racist. We're talking about Jews as a group as a significant Jewish group.

Answer that question for me please.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:09 AM
Now from a news source:

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3217231,00.html

So I asked show me evidence where Jews would be upset with Mirza playing with Shahar? What have Jews got to do with Mirza? :confused: He can't show that. He dropped the word "Jews" in for the sake of just dropping it in. There's something wrong with that.

Your source is something put in parenthesis, that we can't even assume Mirza said.

You're making an assumption on an assumption the writer made.
That makes you an ass squared. :lol:

If you would have just went to the kid's table and let the adults talk a few hours ago, then you really wouldn't be embarassing yourself right now.
I really don't mind because the good reps are just rolling in.

mykarma
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:17 AM
Your source is something put in parenthesis, that we can't even assume Mirza said.

If you would have just went to the kid's table and let the adults talk a few hours ago, then you really wouldn't be embarassing yourself right now.

:lol:

mykarma
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:20 AM

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:34 AM

You really are uneducated. You should read the whole article to understand the point she was trying to make. In journalism, using parentheses do not mean you assumed that's what the person said. Have you heard of a word called "context"?

And besides, I asked you a question so perhaps you should answer? Or you don't have an answer? :confused:

Actually I just feel sorry for you because not only am I getting good reps but apparently A LOT of posters here have a very low opinion of you.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:35 AM
This post is irrelevant.

All right. Here's the question.

Why would Jews have a problem with Mirza playing doubles with Peer?

And we're not talking about individual racists here because anyone can be a racist. We're talking about Jews as a group as a significant Jewish group.

Answer that question for me please.

OK. I have enough problems finding out why some white people have an issue enough with black people to hate according to this board and now you would like me to somehow solve the 4,000 year old question on why two faiths have issues with each other. :lol:

If I knew it, then I would be getting the Nobel Peace Prize right now.
Until then could you perhaps live in the world in which we all live in, not the valium tripping world you've constructed for yourself to make sure the voices in your head don't start to act up and tell you to do things that you don't want to do.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:37 AM
OK. I have enough problems finding out why some white people have an issue enough with black people to hate according to this board and now you would like me to somehow solve the 4,000 year old question on why two faiths have issues with each other.

So this is a 4,000 year old question?

The two faiths have issues with each other?

Please! Seriously, you need to read. You need to get some education. Because this is embarrassing.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:44 AM
So this is a 4,000 year old question?

The two faiths have issues with each other?

Please! Seriously, you need to read. You need to get some education. Because this is embarrassing.

It's not embarassing, just you're not comprehending what I'm saying as usual.
Moslems can trace their origin to Abraham thru Ishmael.
The seed basically was planted there.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand a concept of origin or that there are still examples in this world of people hating for the slightest differences.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:58 AM
It's not embarassing, just you're not comprehending what I'm saying as usual.
Moslems can trace their origin thru Abraham thru Ismael.
The seed basically was planted there.

So? :confused: Everyone knows this.

But what has that got to do with the two faiths having issues with each other? :confused:

Here's a little lesson. Muslims have always recognized Jews as the People of the Book. They (Jews), like Christians, were given mostly equal treatment in Islamic countries throughout most of history. Why do you think a lot of Jews went to Islamic countries after their expulsion from Spain?

The current and relatively recent conflict is not a religious one but a political one after the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948. So what's this about, a "4,000 year old question on why two faiths have issues with each other"? You need to do some reading.

Anyway, that was a snapshot, I hope it has been a good lesson for you. And take the parentheses lesson for free too. ;)

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:10 AM
So? :confused: Everyone knows this.

But what has that got to do with the two faiths having issues with each other? :confused:

The current and relatively recent conflict is not a religious one but a political one after the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948. So what's this about, a "4,000 year old question on why two faiths have issues with each other"? You need to do some reading.

Anyway, that was a snapshot, I hope it has been a good lesson for you. And take the parentheses lesson for free too. ;)

If everyone knows this then why are you acting as if you don't. :lol:

Uh huh. And the Moslem and Christians have been fighting wars for years and the Jews have just been the innocent bystanders.

I think we've found the reason behind why you're so adamant, the idea that it's possible for a certain portion of a certain group to have done any wrong is impossible for you.

BTW, the snapshot is blurred, you better invest in a new camera or better yet a new point of view.
Now I'm going to take a nap for Justine/Sharapova hopefully you're gone when I get back.
Of course saying that, you'll probably post to fulfill the obvious void you feel is there when it comes to your existence.
Don't worry. It's still there.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:20 AM
If everyone knows this then why are you acting as if you don't. :lol:

Uh huh. And the Moslem and Christians have been fighting wars for years and the Jews have just been the innocent bystanders.

I think we've found the reason behind why you're so adamant, the idea that it's possible for a certain portion of a certain group to have done any wrong is impossible for you.

BTW, the snapshot is blurred, you better invest in a new camera or better yet a new point of view.

So now you've gone from talking about Muslims and Jews and their 4,000 year conflict to conflicts between Muslims and Christians? :lol:

Child, you are too much.

Look, answer my question about why Jews would have a problem with Sania partnering Shahar. That's all I want to know.

If Jewish people had a problem with it (the partnership), they would take it out on Shahar. They haven't and besides Shahar is technically irrelevant. This thread is about Venus and Sania and their night match. NOT Shahar.

Do you know how silly you look?

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:31 AM
Look, answer my question about why Jews would have a problem with Sania partnering Shahar. That's all I want to know.

If Jewish people had a problem with it (the partnership), they would take it out on Shahar. They haven't and besides Shahar is technically irrelevant. This thread is about Venus and Sania and their night match. NOT Shahar.

Do you know how silly you look?

And I told you, I can't answer the question of why a person would hate another because I don't live my life that way.
I'm sorry that's not how the world works all the time, it sounds rational but when you play the blame game some people do anything to place blame on anyone outside of themselves or their grouping.

This thread was about Sania and Venus.
I made a comment about why Sania wouldn't roll over and you've gone about taking that comment and blowing it way out of proportion and that's why we are where we are now.
That and the fact that you had to go out of your way to call me a bitch after giving me an ultimatim in a private message isn't helping the issue at hand you simpleton.
I'm not retracting the comment and as much as you would like me to look a fool, it's not happening.

So I'm going to say the same thing Brie said to Nicole on ANTM Cycle 5.
So what do you want me to do now?

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:45 AM
And I told you, I can't answer the question of why a person would hate another because I don't live my life that way.
I'm sorry that's not how the world works all the time, it sounds rational but when you play the blame game some people do anything to place blame on anyone outside of themselves or their grouping.

This thread was about Sania and Venus.
I made a comment about why Sania wouldn't roll over and you've gone about taking that comment and blowing it way out of proportion and that's why we are where we are now.
That and the fact that you had to go out of your way to call me a bitch after giving me an ultimatim in a private message isn't helping the issue at hand you simpleton.
I'm not retracting the comment and as much as you would like me to look a fool, it's not happening.

We're not talking about individuals here. There are racist white individuals, racist Asian individuals and so on... You mentioned a collective "the Jews" specifically.

And I'm asking you AGAIN why the Jewish collective would have a problem with Sania partnering Shahar? You cannot answer this.

If you know a Jewish person who hates Sania for some reason, and I'm asking you why he, in particular, hates her and doesn't want her to partner Shahar, fair enough. Your answer would suffice. As it is, you said the Jews have been hating her. This is a collective, not an individual.

Yes, I get the point about Sania not rolling over for anyone. That point could've been made without mentioning the Jews.

Sometimes, admitting that you're wrong is not a bad thing. If you understand the reasons behind the Holocaust and the reasons behind the new antisemitism you would understand why this is a sensitive issue.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:59 AM
We're not talking about individuals here. There are racist white individuals, racist Asian individuals and so on... You mentioned a collective "the Jews" specifically.

And I'm asking you AGAIN why the Jewish collective would have a problem with Sania partnering Shahar? You cannot answer this.

If you know a Jewish person who hates Sania for some reason, and I'm asking you why he, in particular, hates her and doesn't want her to partner Shahar, fair enough. Your answer would suffice. As it is, you said the Jews have been hating her. This is a collective, not an individual.

Yes, I get the point about Sania not rolling over for anyone. That point could've been made without mentioning the Jews.

Sometimes, admitting that you're wrong is not a bad thing. If you understand the reasons behind the Holocaust and the reasons behind the new antisemitism you would understand why this is a sensitive issue.

According to some on this board, blacks can't be racist, so maybe you want to talk to them about that.
Again I don't know why a collective group would hate another group regardless of the "excuse" history gives for it.

Sometimes admitting you're a pain in the ass is warranted thing too but I don't see you doing that.
Yesterday was MLK day in the US, I could be sensitive to every little crumb I see but you don't see me acting like a bat out of hell in the name of MLK.

So how about you back the fuck off and actually fight as hard for an issue that is important as you would do for something that isn't.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:09 AM
Again I don't know why a collective group would hate another group regardless of the "excuse" history gives for it.

So you think that the Jews hate Muslims and therefore are opposed to Sania partnering Shahar in doubles? Yes or no?

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
So you think that the Jews hate Muslims and therefore are opposed to Sania partnering Shahar in doubles? Yes or no?

The first part of that question is a generalization and I don't make thought processes on generalization.
You must not know me or just be fucking stupid to even write that.

And I'm not going to answer a question that leads off on the basis of a generalization.

I never mentioned there was a collective group of Jews as I didn't mention there to be a collective group of Moslems.
There are extremist, no matter what you want to ignore that are on a both side.
You yourself said that this and that can be racist.

You blew something out of proportion and again I refuse to retract that statement.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:24 AM
The first part of that question is a generalization and I don't make thought processes on generalization.
You must not know me or just be fucking stupid to even write that.

And I'm not going to answer a question that leads off on the basis of a generalization.

You're the one that said you do not know why a collective would hate another group. So you were assuming that a certain collective does hate another group. In this case, we're talking about Jews and Muslims. Yes? If you cannot admit this you don't have the maturity to continue this conversation.

It's a "yes" or "no" question. :confused:

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:26 AM
Actually, the fact that you cannot answer "no" speaks volumes about your mindset.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Actually, the fact that you cannot answer "no" speaks volumes about your mindset.

And the fact that you won't give up says a lot about your mindset as well.

And I refuse to retract that statement.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:31 AM
You're the one that said you do not know why a collective would hate another group. So you were assuming that a certain collective does hate another group. In this case, we're talking about Jews and Muslims. Yes? If you cannot admit this you don't have the maturity to continue this conversation.

It's a "yes" or "no" question. :confused:

The "yes" or no" question.
You want something to be concrete in life when that's just not the case all the time.
You keep pressing for something that's not there.

No I said I don't know why a certain collective hates another regardless of the "excuse" history gives it.
If anyone has shown their lack of maturity when it comes to this issue it's you.

You continue to accuse me of doing something, which is just place Jews in my statement for the hell of taking a stab at them which is just not true.

And I refuse to retract that statement.

And you have some fucking nerve to talk about maturity in an issue when you went out of your way to call me a bitch, you classless prick.

You don't have the sense you were fucking born with and I say that in a way that puts no fault on your parents for that.
Obviously they tried their best and you just failed.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:43 AM
You continue to accuse me of doing something, which is just place Jews in my statement for the hell of taking a stab at them which is just not true.

I accuse you of this because this is true. You said Jews ... hating her for playing doubles with certain players - meaning Shahar. This doesn't make sense; why would Jews hate a player - any player - for PARTNERING one of their own? Think about this, does that make sense to you?

And I know what you're going to say you DON'T know why an individual or a collective hates another group. Okay! But if a Jew or Jews already hate Sania Mirza just for being a Muslim, it's not going to make a difference whether she partners Shahar Peer in doubles. They ALREADY hate her.

So either way, you are wrong.

Anyway, I'm over this because you are obviously ignorant and stubborn.

homogenius
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:45 AM
God is dead.Next.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
I accuse you of this because this is true. You said Jews ... hating her for playing doubles with certain players - meaning Shahar. This doesn't make sense; why would Jews hate a player - any player - for PARTNERING one of their own? Think about this, does that make sense to you?

Anyway, I'm over this because you are obviously ignorant and stubborn.

Look in the mirror honey. You'll see the same damn thing but ugly on the inside and out.

I can't answer that because as I've said before there are plenty of examples of people in this world today hating people for the slightest differences.
It doesn't have to make sense. This fucking world doesn't make any sense.
And that's why i said you don't have the sense you were fucking born with.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:52 AM
Look in the mirror honey. You'll see the same damn thing but ugly on the inside and out.

I can't answer that because as I've said before there are plenty of examples of people in this world today hating people for the slightest differences.
It doesn't have to make sense. This fucking world doesn't make any sense.
And that's why i said you don't have the sense you were fucking born with.
Yeah look at my revised post, posted before yours:

And I know what you're going to say you DON'T know why an individual or a collective hates another group. Okay! But if a Jew or Jews already hate Sania Mirza just for being a Muslim, it's not going to make a difference whether she partners Shahar Peer in doubles. They ALREADY hate her.

So either way, you are wrong.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:56 AM
Yeah look at my revised post, posted before yours:

What an idiot.
Whose to say there's ever been a consistentcy with hate.

The joy you actually got out of confusing yourself that there was a right and wrong is sad.

I can admit I'm wrong in many cases but I see no point in doing when the only issue is you blowing something this way out of proportion.

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:00 AM
What an idiot.
Whose to say there's ever been a consistentcy with hate.

That sentence doesn't make sense.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:09 AM
That sentence doesn't make sense.

Just keep telling yourself that.
It's really sad the joy you seemed to get into confusing yourself there was a right or wrong.

I can admit to being wrong but I see no point in doing so when the issue here is you blowing something way out of proportion.

And I still refuse to retract my statement. :lol:

Now since you tried some New York **** shit on me to try to ruin my night with this :bs:, I was trying to take a nap remember, I hope your biggest nightmare becomes reality. :lol:

Goodday.

Paneru
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:55 AM
As always, Venus handles herself
with so much grace! :cool:

She gave her answer point blank.
She didn't mince or dance around anything.

People can take it or leave it.

Jakeev
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Frankly I think people are making more of this than they should. Ton's of commentators and others have applauded Venus and Sania for not giving in.
Good for them I say.

mykarma
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
As always, Venus handles herself
with so much grace! :cool:

She gave her answer point blank.
She didn't mince or dance around anything.

People can take it or leave it.
Whew! Back on topic.

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Frankly I think people are making more of this than they should. Ton's of commentators and others have applauded Venus and Sania for not giving in.
Good for them I say.

And the loudest among them was Mary Carillo for all of you who insist that she can't stand Venus. Just remember that prior to the next rant.

SF