PDA

View Full Version : AO 3RD Doubles: A.Bondarenko/K.Bondarenko def D.Hantuchova/L.Davenport WALKOVER

DimaDinosaur
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:38 AM
:sad: :mad::fiery::drink::awww::banghead::bigcry::crazy: :tears::sobbing::boxing::armed::timebomb::crying2: :hysteric::shout::explode::rain::(

What the hell? (sigh) There goes Hantuchova's only chance at winning a title at this AO

Dexter
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:51 AM
That's disappoiting for Lindsay as they stood a real chance to take this title, but I saw it coming. :(

rockstar
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:53 AM
how sad, really :(

this means that daniela knows how good her singles draw is, and we all know what usually happens :tape:

Lucyxx
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:53 AM
Result worth noting. Lindsay's development relies heavily on doubles match play.

Rtael
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:05 AM
I hope Lindsay never partners her again. :shrug:

stefi62
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:07 AM
Alona and Kateryna will be Cara and Liezel's next opponents in next round.
That's sad! I would have adored watching Cara and Liezel vs Lindsay and Daniela.

mandy7
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:08 AM
Maybe lindsay just couldn't find a sitter!
No need to bitch at Daniela

Mikey.
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:14 AM
Was there a reason given by either daniela or lindsay?

stefi62
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:15 AM
Was there a reason given by either daniela or lindsay?

From WTA tour website:

Bondarenko/Bondarenko (UKR/UKR) d. Davenport/Hantuchova (USA/SVK) w/o (Hantuchova: foot injury)

cheo23
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:18 AM
This girl NEEDS to get it TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keadz
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:20 AM
LOL foot injury. Anyway, Dani is concentrating on singles now...that means she will try really hard...and....oh god

CONGRATS ON THE SEMI FINAL AGA!

peanuts
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:21 AM
Maybe lindsay just couldn't find a sitter!
No need to bitch at Daniela

:lol: For some reason that made me laugh.

Lunaris
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:24 AM
Foot injury :lol:
Ok, Lindsay did the same last year in Bali so they're even now.

keirana332
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:31 AM
Foot injury :lol:
Ok, Lindsay did the same last year in Bali so they're even now.

:lol: Yeah they're taking turning taking the heat for pulling out.
Honestly while Daniela benefits tactically in singles from getting more rest by pulling out of doubles, it probably wasn't too much of a disappointment to Lindsay who likely wanted to get home for a few days with her son and husband, the latter of which she doesn't get to spend as much time with on tour. It's probably a bit of a relief for her, after all I don't really think doubles is high on her priority list this year and not really a reason to stick around in Aus.

Still definately a disappointment they're not playing, would have loved to see them do well here

Mattographer
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:54 AM
Congratulations Aga in advance :)

mandy7
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:01 AM
why congratulating aga in advance?? :shrug:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:13 AM
Result worth noting. Lindsay's development relies heavily on doubles match play.

I disagree with you Lucy. Lindsay development relies on playing matches that part I agree with you on but not necessarily doubles. I would have like to see Lindsay and Dani play as Dani is not on the schedule for tomorrow and see how they went if they played Black and Huber who would've been their opponents in the quarters if they had won but it's a moot point now. I also thought they had a pretty good shot at winning the title and the oz open is the only doubles slam Lindsay hasn't won and she played in eight finals. :)

*Jool*
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
I'm loving this commitment from tenis players ...
:o

hurricanejeanne
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:29 AM
It's a bummer, but you can't really blame Daniela for pulling out. I hope Lindsay isn't too disappointed though. I guess it's just not in the cards for Linds to ever win the doubles title in Melbourne.

donniedarko
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:48 AM
why congratulating aga in advance?? :shrug:

How come you're a fan and you don't know what for your fave is known?She'll try too hard and loose easily to Radwanska.That's it.

mandy7
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:52 AM
How come you're a fan and you don't know what for your fave is known?She'll try too hard and loose easily to Radwanska.That's it.
You think i don't know?
That's funny.
I just don't believe in it.
It's very well possible that Aga will win, but Daniela has the same chances.
I have faith in Daniela.

*Joey*
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:52 AM
I am dissapointed from Daniela's reaction, they should have win this match, and even the title.

But in another way, she finished her match against Makiri and it was already time for her to play their doubles match. For sure, she could have take an hour or so to relax so that's probably help the decision to retire.
Plus, she has a really good opportunity to reach her first Slam semis here. I don't underestimated Aga but Daniela will fight all the way and will never give up. She's a veteran now and Aga as tons of time to gain her experience, maybe she'll do like Makiri.
However, go Dani! :kiss: Let's make the semis! :hearts:

The Daviator
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Shame, but this is such a huge chance for Dani I don't blame her for pulling out, I hope they play together again :) And actually complete the tournament :lol:

Cat123
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:03 AM
So dissapointed. :sad: I was gutted that Amelie & Sveta pulled out as well.

MisterMan
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:24 AM
Wow. If I were LD, i'd be pissed. Daniela gets a chance to play with an Icon of Tennis and she fakes an injury ? Lindsay will not be happy about this - I'd hate to be Daniela when the two of them ever play singles against each other !

The Daviator
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:26 AM
Wow. If I were LD, i'd be pissed. Daniela gets a chance to play with an Icon of Tennis and she fakes an injury ? Lindsay will not be happy about this - I'd hate to be Daniela when the two of them ever play singles against each other !

:lol: Lindsay is chill, she won't mind too much :p

Mic-190286
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:44 PM
I'm not bitching at Dani, i know Lindsay did the same in Bali & that many players do the exact same thing, but in general i hate that players do this. Don't enter if you don't think you will be committed.

Also i though they had a really good chance.

Also, and i find myself surprised that i'm saying this (!), the Williams haven't pulled out and are still in the singles. It CAN be done.

daniela86
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:55 PM
I wanted them to take the title :sad: :sad:
Hopefully Dani won't lose against Aga now :o

Dave.
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:00 PM
:sad:It would have been nice for them to play, Lindsay and Dani had a great shot at winning the title.

But I totally respect Daniela's decision. This is the biggest opportunity of her career, she does not want to have anything mess it up. Lindsay pulled out in Bali and then beat Daniela in the final (I would be mad if someone did that to me), so Daniela pulling out isn't bad. For both of them, singles was always a priority and they both understood this. Perhaps she learned from Lindsay's experience in 2005, where she played through the heat to reach both finals and ended up giving the title to Serena in the end. I just hope they will play with each other later in the year because they are certainly a great team!

I hope Daniela takes full advantage of this draw, and I would hate for her to have been tired against Radwanska just because she played doubles. Good luck Daniela.:worship:

As for Lindsay, her incredible comeback continues soon at Fed Cup. She has a 19-2 singles record and a 5-1 doubles record so far this comeback.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:18 PM
They do but I'm worried that Dani might pull out.
This is the best chance she's ever seen at making the semis and I think she might try to put her focus on that. Understandable of course but I really hope it doesn't happen.

I told yall Dani would pull out.
Oh no she wouldn't do that. That's not her thing. ;)
When a shot at the semis of a slam is on the line, the best shot probably for her, you do what you got to do to stay focused on the prize.
This could her one and only chance at playing for a slam final.
The same people who are saying oh no Venus won't pull out, she's going to have to make a choice on it sooner than later and likely she'll pull out.

IceHock
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:27 PM
i'm sure the both of them discussed before pairing up that if 1 of them or both of them went deep into singles, that they'd pull out of doubles, obviously i'm disappointed as they make a good combo.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:33 PM
i'm sure the both of them discussed before pairing up that if 1 of them or both of them went deep into singles, that they'd pull out of doubles, obviously i'm disappointed as they make a good combo.

Of course they did.
Lindsay could and should have played with Lisa Raymond but I'm sure Lisa didn't want to take a risk like that especially when she knows her spot at the Olympics is far from guaranteed.

So Lisa played with Schiavone, someone she knew she could depend on and then they lose to Strycova/Vaidisova who is a dangerous team.
Maybe Lisa should have played with Lindsay after all. ouch

DownTheLine21
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Am I missing something? People are declaring Radwanska the winner because of the foot injury, but this injury is fake. It's obviously just a smart ploy to rest and train for her QF match. This gives me hope that Hantuchova might not disappoint after all.

Lunaris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
I just read one interview with Daniela where she said it was Lindsay's idea to pull out from from doubles. :p
Daniela appreciated the idea though.