PDA

View Full Version : does A-Rad have staying power?

Reuchlin
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:50 AM
Does Aga have top 15/20 staying power for the next 5-7 years? or will she be struggling to stay in the top 60 once her Aussie Open points come off next year...?

DimaDinosaur
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:51 AM
i think she can make the top 4 easily

saki
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:41 AM
I love Aga, I've been a fan of hers since she reached the Wimbledon fourth round in 2006. I think she's got a lot going for her. A ton of variety, the best lobs and drop shots the tour has seen in a youngster since Hingis. Most importantly, I think, she's very composed. She doesn't seem to let a bad loss get her down.

That said, I think she's being a little bit over-hyped at the moment. I think she is capable of having a top 20 ranking for the next few years and a top 10 ranking for 2-3 years whenever she hits her prime but I don't think she's top 5. I'd love to see her get there, I just don't see it myself.

Jakeev
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:14 AM
Although Radwanska is a great young player, I still think she has a game that can be exploited easily by the more powerful players. Sveta and Nadia are no slouches, but Aggie proved to be much mentally stronger than either player.

When it comes to her game, I just can't seem to pinpoint if she is gonna be huge or not. I can see her being majorily dangerous on slower surfaces such as this one in Melbourne but how she does in a calender year for the next several I think we will just have to wait and see.