PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Russian Headcases?

kabuki
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:38 AM
Kuznetsova?
Chakvetadze?
Zvonareva?
Kirilenko?
Safina?
Petrova?

I know that it is dangerous to stereotype, but there sure seems to be a lot of mental midgets hailing from Russia. (Particularly at this AO) Bad rep me if you will, but WTF?

korben
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:41 AM
but there sure seems to be a lot of mental midgets hailing from Russia. ?

It is in their blood. They either run away with it (all sports) or lose narrowly.

Poova
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:43 AM
To be fair half the WTA Tour are headcases. :shrug:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:43 AM
The only real headcase out of them is Chakvetadze for earning over a million dollar on tour last year and not moving to a gated community.
It's like winning the lottery and staying in Compton.

kabuki
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:46 AM

Good point. Maybe there are just so many good Russians, they just have more opportunities to be headcases. :lol:

Cp6uja
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:52 AM
After about one hour of matches:

Petrova - Radwanska 6-1 3-0
Kirilenko - Hantuchova 6-1 3-1

And both lose at end :eek::eek::eek:

serenaback
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:56 AM
[QUOTE=Wannabeknowitall;12357924]The only real headcase out of them is Chakvetadze for earning over a million dollar on tour last year and not moving to a gated community.
It's like winning the lottery and staying in Compton.[/QUOTE

Hell naw, lol. this is too funny:lol: but true. Can i ask you if you are black by any chance?

DimaDinosaur
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:10 AM
After about one hour of matches:

Petrova - Radwanska 6-1 3-0
Kirilenko - Hantuchova 6-1 3-1

And both lose at end :eek::eek::eek:

:worship: Aggie Radwanska is the CHAMP!!! Of course she can come back!!!

As for Daniela, I don't know how she came back. Kirilenko must have stopped playing tennis

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:13 AM
the wta Russians are very emotional/temperamental group. if they can harness their emotions, it can become a deadly asset... otherwise, it can be a plaguing weakness.

Mic-190286
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:29 AM
The only real headcase out of them is Chakvetadze for earning over a million dollar on tour last year and not moving to a gated community.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Both me laugh out loud. hah!

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:45 AM
Hell naw, lol. this is too funny:lol: but true. Can i ask you if you are black by any chance?

Yes I am.

treufreund
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:00 AM
I don't know how it happens but Myskina, Dementieva, Petrova, Zvonareva, Chakvetadze, Kirilenko, Kuznetsova all seem to have regular meltdowns.

bellascarlett
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:19 AM

:lol: :lol:

goldenlox
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:09 AM
As compared to who? Who is not a mental midget besides Justine?
No one wins shit on this tour besides Justine.

Chakvetadze is 6-0 in finals. She overachieves more than anyone on the tour besides Justine.

Cp6uja
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:00 AM
As compared to who? Who is not a mental midget besides Justine?
No one wins shit on this tour besides Justine.

Chakvetadze is 6-0 in finals. She overachieves more than anyone on the tour besides Justine.Sharapova is one of three mantaly strongest players on tour (with Serena and Henin) and Chakvetadze is one of three mentaly strongest players of new generation (with Sharapova and Ivanovic) and also, when is in good shape, Dementieva is great warrior... but all others is

:help::help::help::help::help:
:help::help::help::help::help:

BTW...
Is some Russians posters here still belive that Sharapova not desserved to play at Beijing Olympic and represent Russia (b/c Fed Cup)??? At field with Henin, Sisters, Serbians, (Davenport, Mauresmo, Vaidisova) she have better chances to reach gold than any other Russians bronze!

miffedmax
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:56 PM
I have to agree with the poster who said most of the WTA is headcases. You could certainly argue that the French are even more mental than the Russians, and Ree and Vee (the only Americans who count) have certainly had inexplicable meltdowns. And sorry, but if Juju can lose to Mauresom-twice-- in Slam finals she's got at least a trace of headcaseness about her.

I'd have to say Sharapova is to me the mentally toughest consistently. She has bad days, and depends a lot on her serve to keep herself grounded, but I think when she wins it's because of her mental toughness. I'm not saying she's not a great athlete, because she is, but by the same token when she beats Serena, Venus, Justine and just pwns poor Dementieva she is beating women who are more athletically talented than she is.

The only thing I can figure about Lena is that she is genuinely manic-depressive.

goldenlox
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:00 PM
And you can argue that the Serbs are the biggest headcases. Or the Czechs. Or the French.
Or any other nationality. The Russians are super strong on this tour, millionaire after millionaire.
Nadia has 7 singles titles, plenty of doubles titles, Hopman Cup title, Fed Cup title. Nadia is not a great mover, not a perfect athlete. But she's earned over $6 million and almost $100,000 here.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:13 PM
This things happen from time to time ,

But Sharapova is still there , go Mashaaaaaa

slamchamp
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:35 PM
And you can argue that the Serbs are the biggest headcases. Or the Czechs. Or the French.
Or any other nationality. The Russians are super strong on this tour, millionaire after millionaire.
Nadia has 7 singles titles, plenty of doubles titles, Hopman Cup title, Fed Cup title. Nadia is not a great mover, not a perfect athlete. But she's earned over $6 million and almost $100,000 here.
You're always finding excuses, I really like Nadia but she's a headcase. She finds it difficult also to close matches(eg. makarova)

goldenlox
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:41 PM
Nadia has had a pretty good career.
And she doesn't demand 24/7 security like that other headcase.

slamchamp
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:43 PM
Nadia has had a pretty good career.
And she doesn't demand 24/7 security like that other headcase.:confused: :cuckoo:

frontier
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:51 PM
These Russians are all alike,from Petrova,Dementieva and other faceless 'ovas'.The only strong player is pova,the rest are just quantity not quality.:p.Did anyone see the look on Maria when she won over Anna a few days ago it really was a kodak moment,if looks can kill she would have killed Anna that day.The next day she falls flat....:p

gmak
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:15 PM
nadia and dinara are the worst headcases in this group, by far :(

pav
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:19 PM
These Russians are all alike,from Petrova,Dementieva and other faceless 'ovas'.The only strong player is pova,the rest are just quantity not quality.:p.Did anyone see the look on Maria when she won over Anna a few days ago it really was a kodak moment,if looks can kill she would have killed Anna that day.The next day she falls flat....:p
If I wrote anything slightly along those lines about players you support,ie. "faceless ovas" the red dots and accusations of being a troll would be flying! but pefectly alright to group most russians in a convenient basket. Be even slightly negative about certain players and abuse breaks lose, but no problem dishing it out,talk about double standards!

goldenlox
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:35 PM
frontier is a troll, and very proud of it.
The most stupid of Williams trolls are very proud to be trolls