PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks this is the best AO in a long time?

rada
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:17 AM
I'm really loving the matches i have seen and so many of the seeds left :)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:27 AM
yes i am too...on the men's side more so because they have had exciting challenges from the lower ranked players but i know the women's side will even this out with the QF's especially on the top half

korben
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:27 AM
so many of the seeds left :)

In 32 seed era, I think this was first time when four unseeds made it to last 16 :wavey:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:07 AM
On the mens side it's good quite the opposite on the women's side. I've only seen one women's three setter and that was only the final set of jankovic-paszek on the 1st day.
WTA needs classic 3 setters to get even with the men in melbourne

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:29 AM
i think it has been very very good! full of drama and tight matches.

DimaDinosaur
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:39 AM
on the men's side, it's really good!! and women's matches....welll...... what can you expect?

RR-87
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:41 AM
i hate it cause i have nobody to support since all russians lost :sad:

only Misha left :scared:

RJWCapriati
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:45 AM
I enjoyed the women's tournament last year with the return of Serena but the men are really impressing this year.

maximus82
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:50 AM
The women's matches have all been rather dull in my opinion. None of the top players have been taken to a third set (except the one Jelena match...and that was ugly ugly tennis). Am hoping for some close contests in the QF, SF, and F.

Basically the women's matches for the top seeds have all been: Young girl / journeywoman plays better than they normally do, keeping the score somewhat close to the top seeds for the first part of sets....and then they choke/get tight/seeded player steps it up and wins the set. OVER and OVER and OVER. :yawn:

Reuchlin
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:51 AM
The women's matches have all been rather dull in my opinion. None of the top players have been taken to a third set (except the one Jelena match...and that was ugly ugly tennis). Am hoping for some close contests in the QF, SF, and F.

Basically the women's matches for the top seeds have all been: Young girl / journeywoman plays better than they normally do, keeping the score somewhat close to the top seeds for the first part of sets....and then they choke/get tight/seeded player steps it up and wins the set. OVER and OVER and OVER. :yawn:

lol, so true.

Dexter
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:53 AM
I do. It depends on the QFs results though from my personal point of view. There's been some great matches though and lots of upsets = lovz it.

historystupid
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:57 AM
There are young power(Ivanovic,Sharapova,Radwanska), consistent top players(Jankovic,Hantuchova), and great champions(Henin,Venus,Serena). I have nothing to expect more than this.

Junex
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:22 AM
The Womens side is actually more exciting!

this is the GS in as many years that finally showcased the young up and coming players to be able to go toe-to-toe with the Champions.

mankind
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:31 AM
The men's side has been quite good in the last 48 hours. Federer looks beatable for once. You kind of lose that mystique after being taken to 5 sets in the 3rd round. I love the fact that Youzhny is proving me right, upsetting Kolya like that. I'm loving Tsonga's run. Nadal's quarter has been a bit tame, but I'm looking forward to seeing Nole squash Hewitt in a few hours time. But Nalbandian's out, that's a huge shame.

As for the women, I wish Sveta could have gotten further, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from Radwanska. I wasn't really impressed after her defeat of Sharapova last year, but I'm impressed now. I only wish Kirilenko could have made the quarters instead of "Little Miss Boring" Hantuchova. :yawn:

mckyle.
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:35 AM
The women's quarterfinals are going to be great!

Hachiko
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:38 AM
Yeah definitely one of the best tournaments I've been able to see. Just need Ana to win the whole thing. I love the blue courts too.

AJZ.
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:20 AM
The whole thing is just fantastic :worship: Really good tennis from everyone.
Only disappointment so far are Aspelin/Knowle and Srebotnik/Sugiyama's early exits :o :sad:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:49 AM
I think this really has been on of the best GS events in a while.

I think 3 of the 4 quarterfinals will be REALLY competitive (not so sure Jelena will put up a huge fight against Serena, I don't think Ana will take a set off of Venus, but I think it'll still be a tight match), and honestly, the whole tournament has been very fulfilling :yeah:

asiandude
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:37 AM
There are young power(Ivanovic,Sharapova,Radwanska), consistent top players(Jankovic,Hantuchova), and great champions(Henin,Venus,Serena). I have nothing to expect more than this.

consisten top player(hantuchova, jankovic)- thats a big joke.so far, only henin is consistent.

fifiricci
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:38 AM
On the men's side maybe, but not on the womens'!! I've not seen one decent womens' match yet. Hope that will change in the next few days though ................

Just Do It
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I agree I love this tournament, amazing matches. The best match of the tournament is Jankovic-Paszek at the moment.

Poova
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:25 AM
Well after that dramatic first day it's dipped a lot on the women's side, while the men have been playing some superb matches. But I think from now the women will beat the men. :)

kjn
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Most upsets and scares... Interesting indeed! Even Federer got a scare now that's fantastic!!!

Aerien
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
I love how the young and lower ranked players on both tours have stepped up. :)

Il Primo!
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
Berdych, Davydenko and Berdych already out. Not that exciting to me.

Huntress555
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:44 AM
I love it because we've had so many great stories out of it, and great matches! Its been incredible!