PDA

View Full Version : The Old vs The New

spiritedenergy
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:01 AM
This is more than a clash between nations, this is a statement of power between 2 generations. 2 legends of tennis vs. 2 rising stars.

Who will win?

I feel the Serbs will prevail, and finally the page of tennis history will be turned once and for all.:devil:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:02 AM
Well it didn't work for the Belgians when the Williams Sisters were both in the draw, I doubt it's going to work for the Serbs.

mankind
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:04 AM
It's not Serbia v USA, it's Ana v Venus. I hate this nationalistic crap when it comes to tennis. Like Petrova wearing a Russian visor. It's an individual sport, except when they play Fed Cup or Olympics.

Oh, and BTW, I think Venus will trash Ana, unfortunately.

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:05 AM
This is more than a clash between nations, this is a statement of power between 2 generations. 2 legends of tennis vs. 2 rising stars.

Who will win?

I feel the Serbs will prevail, and finally the page of tennis history will be turned once and for all.:devil:

You hang onto that hope ;)

Maybe someday it will work out for you.

spiritedenergy
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
You hang onto that hope ;)

Maybe someday it will work out for you.

:haha:

Serena was really off and lazy though, maybe she didn't wake up on the right side that day... I felt bad for her.

Anyways, make room for the Serbian sisters!:bounce:

roelc
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
it is the first time since the us open 2004 that no Belgians or Williams-sisters reached the semi-final (and even final!) of a GS!!!

this could be the 'change of guard' - GS

but I doubt it