PDA

View Full Version : AO 4th Round: Venus Williams def Marta Domachowska 64 64

svetaisthebest
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:32 AM
Venus Congratz :D

Bad Luck Marta She played really well throughout the match

Fan_of_Venus
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:32 AM
Great job V :rocker: I was worried there for a minute.

Expat
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:33 AM
help venus what was that
now ana is the favorite to win the quarters

cartmancop
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:35 AM
Good job Venus! & well played Marta, definitely going to be a good year for her I think...

Next match is a big opportunity for Venus, she'll have to play well!

Lucyxx
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:36 AM
To use Venus' words from the Sania story, 'good tennis' was displayed for the people today.

Despite the score early, Marta wasn't allowed to get to net early.

Interested in seeing Marta's year progress.

Marta must've felt comfortable on that blue court as it is similar to Linz.

Some ridiculous errors by Marta at key moments kept her from winning the first set.

BigBabeTENNIS
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:39 AM
Well Done Venus She Played A Smart Gam Will Need To Play Better Against Anna

wgam
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:40 AM
congrats Venus

:bowdown: Marta :hug: what a great match:eek:

BigBabeTENNIS
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:41 AM
Only 16 Erros From Venus Nice To See

junlee_vee
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:42 AM
help venus what was that

:haha: :haha:

BigBabeTENNIS
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:47 AM
Anna Didnt Play That Well Before Venus Needs To Attack The Backhand Like She Did In Wimbledon And Usopen

Milito22
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:58 AM
Marta :hug:

2moretogo
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:58 AM
To use Venus' words from the Sania story, 'good tennis' was displayed for the people today.

Some ridiculous errors by Marta at key moments kept her from winning the first set.

Exactly. Marta was going for broke the entire match, unfortunately she didn't change her tactics at all in key moments; HOWEVER, Venus moved really well (I have to disagree with you TY) and forced a lot of those errors. Also, I think the match was close given the very "soft" net cord played a role @ key moments for both players, and as there were SUBLIME Winners, there were also SURREAL errors from both.

:haha: :haha:

:kiss: At the end of the day, I think Venus' movement was key here. Marta's serves were deep and well placed and Venus fought hard with mixed results to get those balls back into play.

I think the issue for Venus moving forward is that 1st serve goes missing for prolonged periods still. HOWEVER, I still think Venus is the favorite in the QF. (though it MIGHT go to three this time:angel:)

gmokb
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:00 AM
Only 16 Erros From Venus Nice To See
I agree, it was great to see her making less errors, which is a good thing cause if she did she could be out of the singles. i just can't understand why Vee had the girl dicating to her, a qualifier at that.

Infiniti2001
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:08 AM
help venus what was that

Are you one of those who expect Venus to blow her opponents off the court or is this sarcasm? :shrug: Venus played a fiesty opponent, but she just waited until the she ran out of gas and her stats have vastly improved over the course of the tournament.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/491/4thrdne5.jpg

LeRoy.
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:11 AM
I thought Venus played well. Also i think Sania and Marta were ideal preparation before she plays Ana and I expect Venus to win against her in straight sets.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:33 AM
I didn't see this match, but the result is a bit better than the one against Sania.

Still... some work needs to be done. Ana will take this result a a positive one.

sky20748
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:40 AM
I just get the sense that venus is saving herself for the later rounds.it's like she has reversed the rolls and instead is waiting for her opponents to make the errors.remember at us open she had a thriller with jelena and it took alot out of her and she was no good for the semis.she is pacing herself which she needs to do.

sky20748
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:42 AM
hell anna got tested by wozniacki so she has to clean up some things as well.it's anybody's game.it will depend on who is more aggressive.i hope vee comes thru but if she dont i wont be pissed cuz she made it to the quarterfinals.hell she outlasted the number 2 and number 6 so you go venus

Black Mamba.
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:42 AM
I just get the sense that venus is saving herself for the later rounds.it's like she has reversed the rolls and instead is waiting for her opponents to make the errors.remember at us open she had a thriller with jelena and it took alot out of her and she was no good for the semis.she is pacing herself which she needs to do.

Vee is playing very methodical tennis and it's getting the job done. I believe your right about her picking it up in the later rounds.

xr6turbo
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:45 AM
Go Venus! Good luck in the quarters :)

Chance
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
Good job V :)
Lked how V came to the net. Still needs to raise her level because Ana is playing really good tennis.....

Avid Merrion
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:58 AM
:bounce: congrats Venus!! :D
best of luck in the quarter final....:hug:

louisa2k2
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:27 AM
It was a good match Marta played pretty well, much better than against Na Li the other day. It will be interesting to see how the venus v Ana match goes.

kaki
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:04 PM
I really liked what I saw from Venus,she is playing a controlled game,raising the level when needed.My only concern is I hope she will look fresher then in the early rounds and play with alot of punch,that the way I used to see her play.