PDA

View Full Version : Venus is simply too much for Marta

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:24 AM
Nice effort Marta... you're just out of your league...

SharapovaFan16
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:26 AM
I wouldn't talk too soon. If anything this shows how weak Venus is heading into her next round (if she gets thru. I mean it's on her racket to close out the match and she is struggling to do that. Good thing Venus has a favorable draw.

Chowksa with the break! Who is out of who's league?

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:28 AM
Yeah, I guess it does look kinda bad when I post this just before Marta breaks, but come on... Does anyone here think she really has a chance at this point?

junlee_vee
This is obviously a joke thread...Marta is playing extremely well! But Venus is playing fairly clean tennis, her serve is just ineffective against this girl right now. She's loving that pace!

bellascarlett
And then Venus gets broken...:lol: I mean can you at least wait till the match ends. :help:

RenaGOAT
'Pova fan, Kirilenko is looking pretty good right now BTW...

brent-o
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:29 AM
Um, are we watching the same match? Venus is in no way "simply too much" for Marta. It's still a close match.

gmokb
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:29 AM
I am a big Venus fan and I cajn tell you that I am worried about her playing Ana IF she gets through here.

SharapovaFan16
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:30 AM
I am a big Venus fan and I cajn tell you that I am worried about her playing Ana IF she gets through here.

I think Venus & Ana is going to be an ugly ugly match. The one who isn't the ugliest will get through.

Wannabeknowitall
Some of yall really like to jinx a player.

faboozadoo15
Maybe you should change your username to RenaSHEEP.

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:31 AM
And then Venus gets broken...:lol: I mean can you at least wait till the match ends. :help:

Anyone can call it after the match (and they will). Live by the sword, die by the sword.

SharapovaFan16
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:31 AM

No shit someone mentions Kirilenko and she gets broken at love!

Kenny
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:32 AM

I agree.

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:32 AM

Some of yall are a really superstitious lot... Venus will win regardless.

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:33 AM

As I said...

Babolatpro880
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:34 AM
Venus really wasn't "too much" for Marta though. Marta hit with Venus the entire match, and Domachowska actually had more winners and errors than Venus had, so one might even argue that Domachowska lost it on her errors. It was a good match, fun to watch.

sorceress
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:34 AM
I think Venus & Ana is going to be an ugly ugly match. The one who isn't the ugliest will get through.

LOL.

mdterp01
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:35 AM
I'm not worried. Venus came out flat in this match, but she will step it up vs Ana. Remember how poorly she looked at Wimbledon, only to turn it on in the second week. If you look at Venus' numbers, she played a good match. I think she underestimated her opponent though. She won't underestimate Ana. Totally different match.

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:37 AM
I'm not worried. Venus came out flat in this match, but she will step it up vs Ana. Remember how poorly she looked at Wimbledon, only to turn it on in the second week. If you look at Venus' numbers, she played a good match. I think she underestimated her opponent though. She won't underestimate Ana. Totally different match.

That's what I'm talkin about.

Venus wasn't really playing that well, but the outcome was never in doubt... Marta was game, but just overmatched.

junlee_vee
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:39 AM
This is the last time I'm going to say this people...when Venus and Ana play, Ana is out of her league! Always has been (except for their very first meeting which was still won in straights by Venus).

All the hype and speculation for a tough, tight match has never come to fruition before, and I doubt it will this time.

mdterp01
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:39 AM

goldenslam888
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:41 AM
wow, is that bottom half of the draw lame or what?

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:43 AM
wow, is that bottom half of the draw lame or what?

It's been remarked.;)

new-york
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:55 AM
too much was m.i.a. today.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:56 AM

Some of us were talking about the Hantuchova/Kirilenko match which has gone haywire.
I already mentioned that Venus could win this match with one good leg a hand tied behind her back and an eyepatch.

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:59 AM
Some of us were talking about the Hantuchova/Kirilenko match which has gone haywire.
I already mentioned that Venus could win this match with one good leg a hand tied behind her back and an eyepatch.

My apologies...

gmokb
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:07 AM
God I hope so. Based on Ana's match Vee should win easily but its Vee we are talking about here. Ana has no weapon to harm her but I can almost guarantee that Vee will create some. I am just keeping by fingers cross and have faith that she will be able to pull it off.

Matt01
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:21 AM
Nice effort Marta... you're just out of your league...

Wrong observation. Stupd thread.

And your username is very disturbing as well :rolleyes:

Karsten Braasch
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:25 AM
But Marta is hot and Venus is grotesque, shouldn't that count for somthing?

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:39 AM
Wrong observation. Stupd thread.

And your username is very disturbing as well :rolleyes:

Oh no...
Matt doesn't like my post or my username... whatever shall I do now?:rolleyes:

sweetpeas
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:36 AM

Just love you!!!!!!!!!!Right on!!!!!!!!!!:wavey::bounce::kiss::):cool:

Matt01
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Oh no...
Matt doesn't like my post or my username... whatever shall I do now?:rolleyes:

Well, to stop posting crap would be a good start...but that's probably already asked too much from you...

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 12:08 PM
Well, to stop posting crap would be a good start...but that's probably already asked too much from you...

I'll get right on that Matt... anything you say... you're my hero:rolleyes:

I can only hope to one day be a winner like you so that I can jump into threads I don't like simply to insult the thread starter... that's what the really cool people do.

So Disrespectful
Jan 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM
But Marta is hot and Venus is grotesque, shouldn't that count for somthing?

As mean as it is, I have to admit I found that funny. :lol:

Matt01
Jan 21st, 2008, 12:22 PM
I can only hope to one day be a winner like you

Forget about it. You'll always be a loser :wavey:

RenaGOAT
Jan 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM
Forget about it. You'll always be a loser :wavey:

Oh Matt... don't be like that... come over here and shed some of your coolness on me :kiss: