PDA

View Full Version : Marta is returning Venus' bomb serves very well

mdterp01
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:36 AM
I mean she's sending those first serves back with interest. Wow...I'm impressed. This girl came to play and is really taking it to Venus. This first set is key. If Marta can take it, Venus could be in some trouble.

tennisbear7
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:41 AM
I'm surprised that someone with a great game like Marta could be ranked so low/had to play qualifying.

mdterp01
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:44 AM
Well it appears as though Marta will be one to watch in 2008. They talked about how she was really doing well before, then slid down, but that she is now trying to regroup and show the talent she initially did.

Tennisstar86
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:45 AM
I'm surprised that someone with a great game like Marta could be ranked so low/had to play qualifying.

didnt you hear the commentators about her coach? Love can mess a person up... look at Lauryn hill.....

Medina
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:46 AM
but she cant get a serve iun herself

DaMamaJama87
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:46 AM
I'm impressed but Venus has figured her out now. She's two points from losing the first set and her chances of doing anything go down DRASTICALLY after that. Still, good showing for the Pole.

Natash.
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:47 AM
Can we safely say that Marta is beating herself? :)

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:47 AM
I mean she's sending those first serves back with interest. Wow...I'm impressed. This girl came to play and is really taking it to Venus. This first set is key. If Marta can take it, Venus could be in some trouble.

Venus took the first set and the reason being is that Marta started fash and kind of shook Venus up, but Venus didn't crack and Marta's level dropped.

mdterp01
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:48 AM
Well, Venus stayed calm, dug her teeth in, and took control of the first set. She always shows such little emotion in her games, but you can tell by her reaction at the end of the first set that she wants it and has lots of emotion.

Infiniti2001
She sure is returning well. Meanwhile Venus is cool , calm and collected as usual :lol:

Kenny

I agree.. she definitely doesn't like what her ranking is.

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:49 AM
Can we safely say that Marta is beating herself? :)

Yes and Venus is doing her part too.

DragonFlame
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:49 AM
its so fucking anonoying when a player screws things up so much for herself. :rolleyes: Domachowska was ahead 2 times and gave it away within 2 minutes on her own serve both times. Venus played a REALLY REALLY bad set and she still won 6-4. Venus can't play worse then she did in this set so she'll close it out easily now.

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:52 AM
its so fucking anonoying when a player screws things up so much for herself. :rolleyes: Domachowska was ahead 2 times and gave it away within 2 minutes on her own serve both times. Venus played a REALLY REALLY bad set and she still won 6-4. Venus can't play worse then she did in this set so she'll close it out easily now.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, but if she can get up a break of serve, she'll be on her way.

Infiniti2001
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:53 AM
The first set from Venus was not great, but it wasn't really, really bad either :rolleyes:

Serenidad.
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:54 AM
Venus doesn't have the best placement ever except on the slice deuce court. The rest of them are just horrible. When she serves into the body that is her trying to go down the T most of the time. Her ball toss is so far right so that even her down the T is slicing inward a little.

Yeah, she's dealing with the speed though. I'd rather hit a 105 on the line than a 115 just in the box.

bellascarlett
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:56 AM
didnt you hear the commentators about her coach? Love can mess a person up... look at Lauryn hill.....

Can someone give me the story on her coach?!?

Infiniti2001
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:58 AM
Can someone give me the story on her coach?!?

In street terms ---they were fucking and things went sour after a while :shrug:

Serenidad.
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:01 AM
I also heard her mom was almost as bad as Samanatha Stevenson.

bellascarlett
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:03 AM
In street terms ---they were fucking and things went sour after a while :shrug:

lol thanks...hopefully there was more drama than just that...

mdterp01
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:05 AM
FINALLY, one of those net cords becomes lucky for Venus and throws off Marta's timing.

junlee_vee
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:06 AM
How the FUCK was the first set bad for Venus? She had so few errors and this girl played great. God you people are stupid!

gmokb
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:07 AM
Yes and Venus is doing her part too.
Doing her part? That's a mild way of putting it. You would think that by now Venus would have worked out her kinks and be match ready but no, she has a qualifier running her all around the court. Vee looks like the qualifier instead.

BK4ever
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:09 AM
Venus has a shitty serve (in terms of direction), always has. I always believed in Marta. I still do. I hope she learned her lesson from messing around with her coach.

Natash.
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:11 AM
lol thanks...hopefully there was more drama than just that...

Her mother :) Had a lot of control over Marta and I think Marta has finally broken away from that control.

harloo
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:12 AM

Venus didn't play too well the first set but the big points she stepped up as usual. Marta is very good but that serve isn't going to cut it against Venus.;)

Tennisstar86
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:14 AM
How the FUCK was the first set bad for Venus? She had so few errors and this girl played great. God you people are stupid!

yeah... They are...the Haters see qualifier and go crazy even though shes not playing like one

And the obsessed expect Venus to slaughter anyone she steps on court with... and if she doesnt.... shes playing "******"

Kenny
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:15 AM
Someone tell venus to fix her collar please! :)

faboozadoo15
FINALLY, one of those net cords becomes lucky for Venus and throws off Marta's timing.

:confused: Now there's something worth posting about...

DragonFlame
Venus didn't play too well the first set but the big points she stepped up as usual. Marta is very good but that serve isn't going to cut it against Venus.;)

exactly, no doubt venus will close this. It's gonna be interesting versus ivanovic though. To my oppinion ivanovic didn't play well too and i would have said venus would routine her but seeing this im doubting again... Hopefully it's gonna be an interesting match.:)

new-york
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:16 AM
she's not doing a good job with V's second serve though.

faboozadoo15
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:16 AM
Venus has a shitty serve (in terms of direction), always has. I always believed in Marta.

WHAT?

bellascarlett
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:17 AM
Her mother :) Had a lot of control over Marta and I think Marta has finally broken away from that control.

Thanks. :) I wish my commentators would spill dirt like the others. They seem to not know anything about the players' backgrounds at all. Research people.

drake3781
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:20 AM

YEs I am very annoyed with her DFs and wide/long errors now. :rolleyes: Very annoyed.

Tennisstar86
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:20 AM
Venus doesn't have the best placement ever except on the slice deuce court. The rest of them are just horrible. When she serves into the body that is her trying to go down the T most of the time. Her ball toss is so far right so that even her down the T is slicing inward a little.

Yeah, she's dealing with the speed though. I'd rather hit a 105 on the line than a 115 just in the box.

I like how you're in venus' mind and know where she wants to serve it everytime....:rolleyes:

Natash.
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:21 AM
Those dropshots though. :hearts:

Serenidad.
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:22 AM
WHAT?

Venus' placement sucks see my post on page 2.

drake3781
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:23 AM
Does Marta look really sunburned, though, or is it just my screen? :lol:

Tennisstar86
the drop shots are nice... the girls on tour need to take some tips from her... cause the other players ive seen try to drop venus and Serena :tape:

gmokb
Come on Vee, a ace and wrap this up

Serenidad.
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:24 AM
I like how you're in venus' mind and know where she wants to serve it everytime....:rolleyes:

I like it too.

mdterp01
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:29 AM
JESUS, Venus!!! No drama in this second set, please!!!

harloo
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:29 AM
exactly, no doubt venus will close this. It's gonna be interesting versus ivanovic though. To my oppinion ivanovic didn't play well too and i would have said venus would routine her but seeing this im doubting again... Hopefully it's gonna be an interesting match.:)

I think the difference is the confidence level. Regardless of how much people talk about Ana's great form she still freezes during the big moments. I like her very much and think she has a great future but it might take her a while to get over the grand slam jitters. Today in the second set proved to me that she isn't necessarily ready to take out the big guns here.

On the other hand Venus always believes she can win regardless if she's not playing well. Venus' is very unpredictable. She can come out and totally dominate her opponent or struggle throughout the match. That's why I feel the outcome of their encounter will depend on what Venus shows up.

It should be an interesting match-up. Of course I'm rooting for V.:)

junlee_vee
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:35 AM
Is Venus going to have to have ANOTHER easy straight setter against Ivanovic? I love how everytime they play, everybody's like "ooh this match should be interesting! This will be a big test for Venus!" and she ends up winning easily.

papru
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:42 AM
great match from Marta :worship: she hit more winners (18) but hit also twice as many ues as venus (30) :sad:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 21st, 2008, 03:09 AM
well tbh venus needs to take some serving tips from rena or nicole....her serves tend not to be placed well and can become predictable, especially the second serve...so no matter how hard or fast it is, if you know where its going you've got a great chance at returning