PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain why Marta Domachowska played so horribly in 2006-07?

chuvack
Jan 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Marta was a very promising player in 2005. But then for 2 years she could not even beat players ranked below #200 in the challengers, she was a total disaster. And now suddenly from November she start winning like a Top 20, something like 16 of last 17 matches. Any information would be appreciated.

Reuchlin
Jan 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Poles put a lot of pressure on their athletes.
Radwanska gave her motivation and took away the pressure.
It's easier when you can share the pressure
justine/kim
Ana/Jelena
1,000 Russian Girls
Williams sisters

chuvack
Jan 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM
wasn't she injured last year?

no, Domachowska never had big injury troubles. She just started losing and losing without cause.

Sally Todd
Jan 20th, 2008, 05:49 PM
On another thread, someone was saying she had some trouble with a coach. :(

Another thing to consider is that Domachowska has been going to school. Think of how Jankovic had a stretch of trouble when she was focused on getting her degree -- an experience that's probably good in the long run.

On the positive side, Marta loves her some blue hard courts! :D She posted that great result on Memphis's blue courts in '06 and has already avenged the girl who beat her in the Memphis final -- Arvidsson -- here. Now it's on to a battle with Memphis's queen, Venus.

papru
Jan 20th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Marta has had some personal problems at home, then people say she had affair with her coach Paolo Cannova who was fired by her mother when she find out... After that Marta started to argue with her mother, she couldnt decide for herself but had to listen to the mother instead... she couldnt find herself. but now everything has been worked out :D

chuvack
Jan 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Now it's on to a battle with Memphis's queen, Venus.

perhaps spanking would be a better word choice.

Monica_Rules
Jan 20th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Loss of form, loss of confidence but shes got it back now.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 20th, 2008, 06:20 PM

If Marta couldn't get inspired to beat Venus at Amelia Island just days after the Pope died, I don't think it's going to happen here. :lol:
Spanking is appropriate.

justyna
Jan 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Poles put a lot of pressure on their athletes.
Radwanska gave her motivation and took away the pressure.
It's easier when you can share the pressure
justine/kim
Ana/Jelena
1,000 Russian Girls
Williams sisters

oh please.. yeah, we put soooooooooooooo much pressure on our athletes.. what would u say about andy murray, huh..? THIS is somebody under pressure. Domachowska - no way.
The problem is that her mom and ex-sponsor used to make decisions for her. Whenever she's had good results, they changed her coach w/out a reason ..
First there was Tomas Janda, who changed her game a lot - she played with more top spin, less risk and her mentality got better.. She reached a Sopot semifinal then.. After this tournament he received a text message "thank u for yr work, but that's it".. Nice, huh..? He said that he's 100% sure that Marta wouldn't have sent him such message and that it was her mom.. And her mom, confronted about it, admitted that she didn't like the fact that marta doesn't hit as hard as she used to.. Well, hell of a reason to fire someone, isn't it..?

Then there was a coach from the US, Iwona Kuczynska - this relationship ended in a really really bad manner when marta's mom accused her of being an alcoholic and taking drugs.. She realized that she's fired when she bought a newspaper in the morning..She wanted to clear her name in court, but there are no information on whether there is/was a trial or not..

And then there was the italian guy, Paolo Canova, who reportedly had an affair w/marta and her mom could not stand that and fired him.. After that incident Marta decides a little bit more herself.. But you know what..? This is just sick and I think that she is old enough and smart enough to finally realize that her mom knows NOTHING about tennis and that she should make such important decisions on her own.. That's why she's now coached by Pawel Ostrowski, who was her 1st coach and was also fired by her mom a long time ago..:)

A'DAM
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Well justyna seems to know Marta's life very well :weirdo:

Sometimes you need to fall to raise up stronger...

jonny84
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Its just great that Marta has won seven matches in a row. Hopefully she can climb up the rankings over the year and win her first title.

justyna
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Well justyna seems to know Marta's life very well :weirdo:

Sometimes you need to fall to raise up stronger...

omg, u'r right - i sounded like a total retard and stalker..:P.. it's not as bad as it looks..:p

drake3781
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I know in 2006 US summer hardcourts she was traveling competely alone, at least no coach, and I didn't see any friend or family either. I heard a call on the staff system that a player needs a hitting partner, and they sent out somebody (young local guy) to hit with her for practice.

esquímaux
Jan 20th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Extenuating circumstances.

Sally Todd
Jan 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM
If Marta couldn't get inspired to beat Venus at Amelia Island just days after the Pope died, I don't think it's going to happen here. :lol:
Spanking is appropriate.

Alright you two, I see your point. I'm high from Marta wins and not thinking logically.

But if ever there was a time for a Marta fan to dream big, it's now. :D

I actually like Vee more, but I'd love for this match to deliver some surprises. We'll see.

St.Sebastian
Jan 20th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I know in 2006 US summer hardcourts she was traveling competely alone, at least no coach, and I didn't see any friend or family either. I heard a call on the staff system that a player needs a hitting partner, and they sent out somebody (young local guy) to hit with her for practice.
poor Marta
Hope it's going to be a better year for her

HTE
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Good luck Marta, keep up the great results ;)

polishprodigy
Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
Ah, Marta spoke of court cases she suffered through over the past two years. This must have been because of Kuczynska!

Natash.
Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM

Wasn't quite the spanking, now was it? :) :devil:

grassie
Apr 25th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Iwona Kuczynska? She used to be a tennis player herself. Anyone know what she's doing now?

Joe.
Apr 25th, 2010, 04:09 PM
:weirdo:

Adrian.
Apr 25th, 2010, 04:11 PM
:cuckoo: