PDA

View Full Version : More imitations of players

Borris
Jan 20th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Some of them are funny! Make sure you watch the last one of the WS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTopkDlr548

DaMamaJama87
Jan 20th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I guess Belgians don't know about the history of blackface.

or at least I hope that's the reason :tape:

Ksenia.
Jan 20th, 2008, 03:31 PM
what else is new... those imitations have been done too many times

A'DAM
Jan 20th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Boring

Willam
Jan 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Not funny :shrug:

Marshmallow
Jan 20th, 2008, 04:47 PM
:rolleyes: @ EVERYTHING til the Venus and Serena part! Then WTH? That's quite offensive... Serena does not have an Afro, that is not her skin tone (i didn't see any skin make up on the Nadal character and he's tanned)... There was nothing funny about the actions as though the humour was meant to be derived from her appearance, her ethnicity. Practically dehumanised, characteristic of racial prejudice!

Is this Belgian humour? :help:

kolan
Jan 20th, 2008, 04:57 PM
:rolleyes:

:help: needed for this man. :tape: what a loser!!!

Borris
Jan 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I guess the shop was out of Serena's skinn color..... man, loosen up .... it's just a youtube-clip, you act like the Ku Klux Clan just passed past your house and put a burning cross.

What it learns about Belgium is maybe this: Belgium urgently has to invest in its wigshops ...

Marshmallow
Jan 20th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I guess the shop was out of Serena's skinn color..... man, loosen up .... it's just a youtube-clip, you act like the Ku Klux Clan just passed past your house and put a burning cross.

What it learns about Belgium is maybe this: Belgium urgently has to invest in its wigshops ...

No - wise up! We shouldn't loosen up on racial prejudice that perpetuations racial stereotypes and so racial discrimination.

If no effort is made to match nadal's skin colour, there's no real need to make the effort with Serena's... just imitate her actions. Instead, - her 'exotic' appearance / difference is emphasised. She's made different from all the others, like some different species.

Overlooking the fact that it's just NOT FUNNY... it could be offensive to a lot of people. It's insensitive to say the least - the 'character' doesn't even look like a real-life person (unlike the others).

I'm sorry but it's just stupid!

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 20th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Geez. It's pretty sad actually :awww:

SunriseSunset
Jan 20th, 2008, 06:28 PM

If the shop was out of their skin colours:rolleyes::
a)He should've not done this ignorant video, because a great impressionist shouldn't have to dress up at the same time OR tell us beforehand who he's imitating. We should be able to tell.
b)Serena/Venus are not that dark, so he could've mixed the dark make-up with lighter ones. Since when do shops run out of make-up or whatever. Does that happen regularly in Belgium?

There's always one person saying "lighten up" or "don't play the race card":rolleyes:. Racists don't have to brandish burning crosses or a white pointy hat. It can be more subtle. 1/5 rating from me. I don't which category it fits into on Youtube so I can report it.

His impressions were okay, not funny, just bland until V and S. Yes Venus proudly wore her beautiful natural texture once, but I've never seen Serena's out so why portray them with an afro? Even Nadal with red hair?! What's this guy smoking?:tape:

schorsch
Jan 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Are you kidding me ? I think he put a lot of effort into the video and after all this is all just a joke, so it there's no reason to talk about racism whatsoever. You know exacly he didnt intend to bei racist.
Justine's part was hilarious :haha: He didnt have the Ree/Vee grunt down though. It would have been funnier with a similar grunt.

Marshmallow
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM
Are you kidding me ? I think he put a lot of effort into the video and after all this is all just a joke, so it there's no reason to talk about racism whatsoever. You know exacly he didnt intend to bei racist.
QUOTE]

There was nothing in the skecth about the Serena's character.

If you want to Mock Serena... put some Huge balls in your chest and booty, put on some constipated facial expressions now and again, and 'i'm in pain' grunts. Don't move for balls, instead opt to call your opponent a'BITCH' or shout out 'LUCKY SHOT'.

Don't just make yourself look like a charcter in a Ministrel show, and scream like sharapova. If it is not intentional, be senstivie to the fact that such a thing could offend people. It's was insenstive and ignorant. There was no similarity at all to Serena or Venus.

From Wiki:
[quote]The minstrel show, or minstrelsy, was an American entertainment consisting of comic skits, variety acts, dancing, and music, performed by white people in blackface or, especially after the American Civil War, African Americans in blackface. Minstrel shows portrayed and lampooned blacks in stereotypical and often disparaging ways: as ignorant, lazy, buffoonish, superstitious, joyous, and musical.

http://www.chronicleworld.org/tomsite/bookarch/books12/pics/Golly.jpg

Groenefelder25
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:32 PM
:lol: at the mary pierce one

serenus_2k8
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:51 PM
I didnt really get the Henin one?? :confused:

imdamoon
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
hehe, that was a pretty funny video.

sfselesfan
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:10 PM
Some of them are funny! Make sure you watch the last one of the WS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTopkDlr548

Umm...I don't find blackface amusing.

SF

iheartjelenaj
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:47 PM
I didnt really get the Henin one?? :confused:

notice how he put fake boobs on for the other women, like pierce or the williams sisters, but not for henin.

Cleopatra
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM
No - wise up! We shouldn't loosen up on racial prejudice that perpetuations racial stereotypes and so racial discrimination.

If no effort is made to match nadal's skin colour, there's no real need to make the effort with Serena's... just imitate her actions. Instead, - her 'exotic' appearance / difference is emphasised. She's made different from all the others, like some different species.

Overlooking the fact that it's just NOT FUNNY... it could be offensive to a lot of people. It's insensitive to say the least - the 'character' doesn't even look like a real-life person (unlike the others).

I'm sorry but it's just stupid!
Absolutely agree. This is a very offensive, racial stereotype.