PDA

View Full Version : Ana, Venus on Rod Laver Day Session, no women at night - Monday OOP

mckyle.
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:16 AM
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/schedule13.html

No night match for women :(

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:18 AM
because hewitt is on and they want him on as soon as the night session starts...can't have venus saying no again lol besides, molik is playing in the doubles match so that's the excuse i guess :shrug:

mankind
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Well....women's doubles.

mckyle.
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:20 AM
because hewitt is on and they want him on as soon as the night session starts...can't have venus saying no again lol

That's what I'm thinking. They put the two women's matches that should be blowouts on Rod Laver because they want to be sure that Lleyton starts at exactly 7:30.

Poova
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:20 AM
LOL a women's doubles match in the night session just cos it's got an Aussie in it?

CHRIST. :o

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:21 AM
o0o0 but i guess its better since the winners of those matches have to play each other and its better that they don't have to wait on some long drawn out men's match like the other day :o

Tennisation
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:21 AM
:haha:after Venus put tournament officials in their place yesterday, I don't think they can afford to put her in the night session of any of the men's match go the distance again.

DownTheLine21
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I like this, since the night session matches are 3:30 AM here.

TheBoiledEgg
i'm glad....... going back to work tomorrow after not going last week.

so wont miss much, plus i got Tue & Wed off as well.

Dexter
:rolleyes: @ doubles on VFA... They should've put all singles on 2 biggest courts instead.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:23 AM
LOL a women's doubles match in the night session just cos it's got an Aussie in it?

CHRIST. :o

gotta love the aussies...they give hewitt and all the other aussies prevalence over everyone else...kinda sad since they won't win anyways :o

mckyle.
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:24 AM
And Petrova/Radwanska/Blake get a huge slap in the face. 4th round match on MCA? :o

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:24 AM
however if the directors were anywhere near smart they should have put on hewitt after the doubles :rolleyes: if all the other matches are blowouts then he still has poor recovery time....:o

DownTheLine21
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:25 AM
On ESPN2, it seems that we'll at least see Ivanovic-Wozniacki and Williams-Domachowska in their entirety. We'll probably see little snippets of Hantuchova-Kirilenko and nothing of Petrova-Radwanska.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:26 AM
And Petrova/Radwanska/Blake get a huge slap in the face. 4th round match on MCA? :o

if it's one thing i can say though...is that even though the US Open does the same thing with the big US players they tend to put the crowd pullers on the big courts and leave the doubles to the other courts...

mckyle.
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:27 AM
On ESPN2, it seems that we'll at least see Ivanovic-Wozniacki and Williams-Domachowska in their entirety. We'll probably see little snippets of Hantuchova-Kirilenko and probably nothing of Petrova-Radwanska.

This is a great thing :D

I get to see Wozniacki and Domachowska play for the first time :D

And I don't have to stay up late to watch a women's match :bounce:

Erika_Angel
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:30 AM
About the people complaining that the Australian's get the night matches etc ... The Australian tennis fans love watching their players play, no matter who they are, no matter who they are playing. The night matches are televised prime time, hence if an Aussie is in them they would attract higher ratings.

kirilenko_ishot
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:31 AM
i don't want another 4:30am finish :zzz: so i don't mind not having a women's night match
half the crowd will probably leave after the hewitt match anyway

mckyle.
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:32 AM
i don't want another 4:30am finish :zzz: so i don't mind not having a women's night match
half the crowd will probably leave after the hewitt match anyway

The women's match didn't cause the 430am finish. It was Federer's long-ass marathon. So maybe they should just take all the men's matches off of Rod Laver?

killercars
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I'm sure ESPN2 will sure the entire Venus/Marta match and only show a few minutes of Kirilenko/Hantuchova before the Federer match begins. Is there any way to get a live stream of the Kirilenko match on Vodafone in the US without access to ESPN360?

RND
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Molik/Mirza on RLA. :eek:

But I'd like to watch this match.It's fun to see Mirza OVERPOWER the men. :lol:

Dodoboy.
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:49 AM
pathetic!...first of all doubles should be before the mens match or not even on that court!

harloo
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:54 AM
TA is going to take care of it's players. I don't see a problem with that at all. The fans want to see their own Aussie's compete in matches and do well. ESPN has done a great job this year. They've shown many top women play tennis on ESPN2 and the ESPN360 coverage is amazing. They even allow you to watch matches from the previous days along with covering six courts live.

ESPN will most likely have interactive programming for Wimbledon, and Direct TV usually does interactive for the French and US Open.

Instead of complaining maybe it's time for an upgrade.:tape:

venus_rulez
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Wow, I bet if Molik was entered in the Wheelchair event, they'd still put her on Rod Laver

scottsue
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:13 AM
gotta love the aussies...they give hewitt and all the other aussies prevalence over everyone else...kinda sad since they won't win anyways :o

I love these kind and caring comments! Not! How do you know the Australians will not win?

scottsue
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Wow, I bet if Molik was entered in the Wheelchair event, they'd still put her on Rod Laver

Oh my God! An official complaint is needed here! Australian Open officials are putting Alicia Molik on centre court. Do you not think we would like to see our players!!!!

The Kaz
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:38 AM
And I'm going to Vodafone Arena tomorrow...:sad: :sobbing:

Damn doubles (although it does feature Janky and Darya :)) :o

V-MAC
Jan 20th, 2008, 12:44 PM
On ESPN2, it seems that we'll at least see Ivanovic-Wozniacki and Williams-Domachowska in their entirety. We'll probably see little snippets of Hantuchova-Kirilenko and nothing of Petrova-Radwanska.

Yeah hopefully British Eurosport will also show both Ana's and Vee's matches in their entirety too

kolan
Jan 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Oh my God! An official complaint is needed here! Australian Open officials are putting Alicia Molik on centre court. Do you not think we would like to see our players!!!!

:lol:

Thats exactly it. The AO organisers are not putting "the best" players on "the best" court. They are simply accomodating for the large number of fans that pay to see Hewitt and Molik. It would be stupid to ask them all to cram round one of the outside courts coz a few people on wtaworld thinks they are not worthy enough to be there and are gonna lose anyway. :confused: