PDA

View Full Version : Is Venus injured?

Reuchlin
Jan 17th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Camile is playing good, but Venus is so slow

atptour03
Jan 17th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Venus is just playing way too sluggish. I think she is fine. It's just one of those days.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 17th, 2008, 01:41 AM
I think she is.... Camilia is "pinning" her to the wall right now...

Direwolf
Jan 17th, 2008, 02:24 AM
i dont think so..
somehow..
i have a feeling that
Venus is saving herself for something.!!
she was playing just like hong kong..
she was very reserved..

rollypooly
Jan 17th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I'm leaning to more of Venus being patient and putting more pressure on her opponents as the week continues. Hopefully I'm right...

bigdsyy
Jan 17th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hope to watch the game of venus vs Li Na @ Round 4

bradchazz
Jan 17th, 2008, 05:48 PM
After watching the match I have a nagging thought that Venus is suffering from some type of injury, be it the illness that hindered her at the Us Open or from a lingering hamstring injury suffered during the Hong kong tourney. I pray that I'm wrong but I feel she has an injury and is just keeping it to herself, like always.
Hopefully, it's just a bad start a la last year's Wimbledon and she can find her best game for the next and later rounds.

bradchazz
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
As is turns out my thoughts about Venus were spot on. From the first match of the Aussie open I knew she was injured. A key part of Venus' game depends on her movement. If she is not moving well, the quarterfinal performance is the result. The statistics alone should be a red flag (only 4 ground strokes winners) I mean come on! Anyone looking at the stats alone should know something was up with her. Like I said I had the feeling from day one.
On the bright side though, Venus took the lost well and I would be crazy to take it harder than her. She seems to be in a good place. If the Lord wills, this will only be a slight speed bump for Venus, in what I pray will be a very Slamtastic year!
Heres to Venus' recovery and hopefully the remaining year will be full of good health, happiness, and dreams fulfilled.