PDA

View Full Version : OMFG serena what's that ??!!!

debby
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I"m extremely dispointed with serena's performance
She's still in her post-miami07 game ... with rust, and errors. All she does is serving aces.
How can she hope she'll defeat Justine with that crap, I'll be grateful if she even passes through vaidisova ...

doni1212
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Fuck off, :fiery:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:57 AM
You try playing on this gritty surface and tell me if you don't appear a little rusty.

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Serve is :worship: like always, but her groundies are really lacking in penetration, Jarmila has played well though...

Mina Vagante
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Calm down :o
Yes she's rusty but she always is on the 1st round.
She'll get better :)

mckyle.
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Fuck off, :fiery:

Calm down. She is being too passive.

You're so defensive just when he's stating what he's seeing.

mdterp01
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:01 AM
:rolleyes: Serena always says her first round match is her toughest nerve wise. Its a new surface and this player is someone she's never played against and is a hard hitter. First round of a slam...new year...give her a break. She did win the first set ya know!

Bijoux0021
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:03 AM
She'll get better in later rounds. In a way, it's good that she's being challenged right now. It can only benefit her.

Nemo_Kool
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:04 AM
OMFG the match isnt over yet!

swissmr
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:05 AM
You try playing on this gritty surface and tell me if you don't appear a little rusty.

Serena was practising in Australia as early as anyone and she played on this surface at Hopman Cup. That's not a valid excuse, she's been playing like this for months.
Only thing that remains as good as ever is the serve.

Lets not forget though, many top players are crap in the first round.

Louis Cyphre
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I"m extremely dispointed with serena's performance
She's still in her post-miami07 game ... with rust, and errors. All she does is serving aces.
How can she hope she'll defeat Justine with that crap, I'll be grateful if she even passes through vaidisova ...

maybe a bad day :shrug:

Serenidad.
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:07 AM
This is always "firstroundrena?"

No true Serena Fan should be surprised. She plays 20% Groundgame, 100% Serve Game, 1 Safety Break, A little drama for the fans, wins.

Lucemferre

debby
Yes she's rusty but she always is on the 1st round.
She'll get better :)

Yeah but :S seriously, didn't she change her forehand or something in the middle of last year ? I mean, when i watch vid from OA07 and every match she played before, that doesn't look at all like what i've been used to seeing for about 10 months...including what i see today
Serena what happened?I thought it was just a physical problem linked to her unfitness ... but it actually seems to be tecnical
What do you think

(and i'm not criticizing- of course what she does is in general very well, but it's not well compared to her true level ... )

doni1212
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Serena was practising in Australia as early as anyone and she played on this surface at Hopman Cup. That's not a valid excuse, she's been playing like this for months.
Only thing that remains as good as ever is the serve.

Lets not forget though, many top players are crap in the first round.

Too bad your fave will only have one round to get over it, :haha:

mckyle.
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:09 AM
srsly doni, why are you getting so defensive? its strange. :unsure:

swissmr

K doni.

Tennisstar86
you do realize her opponent is just hitting out swinging as hard as she can on everything.....Serena's playing fine if you ask me.... shes being passive, but thats cause her opponent is just going for broke basically...

iamhe
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:10 AM
This is the 1st round. A little rusty is expected and acceptable.

Take it easy.

canuckfan
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:11 AM

So clever as always.

What would this board do without your witty insults

doni1212
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:12 AM
srsly doni, why are you getting so defensive? its strange. :unsure:

I'm sorry. I just realize what you guys are saying and it makes me really mad. Some of the things Serena is doing is frustrating me also. I want her to play like last year. But we also have to realize this is the first round. But my expectations are high. I want an all Williams final with Serena winning, but if Venus wins I'll be fine with that too. Sorry again, :cool:

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Jankovic lost the first set, I don't see a "OMFG Jelena..." thread. Serena does have nerves in the first round. She will warm up, all Serena needs to do is hold for the rest of the second set.

TennisSTUD
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I think her outfit is worse than her play right now.

matty
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:21 AM
She seems slow...footwork not looking too great. She's admitted to being depressed. I wonder if she's on an anti-depressant that makes her mind and physical movemnent not as sharp as it used to be?
I wonder if her mental talk is holding her back...

C'mon Serena, get fierce and kick some ass!

vettipooh
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:22 AM
She won!! That's all that matters!!! :bounce:

roxi
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:24 AM
She looked fine to me!!! Not her best preformance, but it was easy.

Vamos.
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:27 AM
She has been like this since French Open 07'. Things have to change. She needs to be more aggressive.