PDA

View Full Version : Serena Talks Up Lindsay

LethalLindsay
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Check out this quote from Serena.....................I love it!

One opponent Williams was keen to talk up was former world No.1 Lindsay Davenport - back on the tour after giving birth to her first child.

Davenport, who like Williams in 2007 goes into Melbourne unseeded, takes on Italian Sara Errani in the first round.

"She's my ultimate role model. I'm speechless because she looks better than me and she's seven months out from having a baby," Williams said.

"I'm convinced if I had a baby, seven months later I'd probably still be in the hospital trying to get over the pain."

RJWCapriati
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:40 AM
:yeah:

LindsayRulz
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Serena :hug:

Here is Maria's comments on Lindsay's comeback :

Q. That being the case, I don't want to talk about your potential second‑round matchup, but Lindsay Davenport is a player who had a long time out of the game while she had a child. Are you surprised at how she's managed to come back the way she has?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I mean, bottom line is you know that she's a dedicated champion. She's really good at what she does. You know, I'm sure that if she puts her mind onto something, something particularly like tennis, where she's very good at it, and gives it 100%, I'm sure that she, without a doubt, is going to be playing on a good level again. You know, but she's also at a different part in her life.

But saying that, I think, you know, we've got to take care of business in the first round first.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:49 AM
I agree with Maria response they both have to take care business in the 1st round before you can talk about the second round. Everyone talking as it a fore gone conclusion that Lindsay and Maria will win their first rounds they should but anything can happen.

The Daviator
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Wonderful comments from Serena :worship: Her and Lindsay always got on well :)

hurricanejeanne
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Love the comments from Serena. :D

RayRob
Jan 13th, 2008, 04:09 PM
They are some kind words from Serena!
I'm looking forward to Lindsay's match tonight but I don't know if I should wake up in the middle of the night like I would usually to watch it...I just started a new job and got into the habit of going to bed early (it takes 1 hour to drive work)....I don't want to be tired already at my new job.....having said that it is only every other day. hmmmm.
Hope you are all well! I have been in kind of a semi-retirement state from these boards. I should return more often though because BBC tennis doesn't always give me the news about Lindsay that I require.

Bye for now all.
Rache

Elldee
Jan 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
They are some kind words from Serena!
I'm looking forward to Lindsay's match tonight but I don't know if I should wake up in the middle of the night like I would usually to watch it...I just started a new job and got into the habit of going to bed early (it takes 1 hour to drive work)....I don't want to be tired already at my new job.....having said that it is only every other day. hmmmm.
Hope you are all well! I have been in kind of a semi-retirement state from these boards. I should return more often though because BBC tennis doesn't always give me the news about Lindsay that I require.

Bye for now all.
Rache

She's on the third biggest court [Margaret Court Arena] so I'd personally, if you have work the next day, not risk waiting up and it not being shown anywhere and wait for the big second round match.