PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's schedule?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Darop.
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know which tournaments are next for Jelena?

Golovinjured.
Jan 11th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I have absolutely no clue, sorry, but I doubt we'll hear anything until the end of the Aus. Open. She has a few possibilities though. There are a number of 25K ITF tournaments after the Aus Open on grass and hardcourt she could possibly contest, or she could go straight back to the WTA tour and play tournaments like Pattaya City, although she would need a MD or Q Wildcard.

I hope she stays in Australia and plays atleast 2 ITF tournaments, that would almost certainly rank her in the 300's, and then maybe have a go at qualifying for some WTA tournies. If she does well enough Tennis Australia could give her a WC into Roland Garros, if they had any sense, which they dont, so i doubt it.

Jelena....aint she just so sweet! i lub her

ce
Jan 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM
"Jelena....aint she just so sweet! i lub her"

:lol:
i hope she plays itf now ,until she gets to play q for turniz

matty
Jan 11th, 2008, 07:55 PM
She sounds really frustrated, but she needs to just keep plugging away. It's going to take a lot more than 2-3 mo.s of hard work to get back to the top.

Stay positive Jelena--you can do it!!!

Does she have any sponsors? I hope she has some money or financial backers. She had stressed that TA wasn't helping her at all, financially. Do you think she's strapped for cash?

Just Do It
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I believe she will try to get Pattaya MDWC. She earned around 5000$ in two weeks, I am not sure is that enough to go to India, but hopefully she is not broke.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
We'll have to wait and see. I wish reporters would have asked her about this after the Tanasugarn loss instead of bringing up shit like Fed Cup. :weirdo:

Tennace
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I really hope she plays lower tiered WTA events after this since she can definately compete with players in the top 100 as she has shown. There is not point in moving backwards and playing ITFs now after getting 5 WTA wins already :shrug:

OZTENNIS
Jan 11th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Yeah but she's only allowed 6 wildcards for the entire season...she's already used 2, playing WTA events now would mean she would require wildcards still...and then she might have used her quota up come Roland Garros/Wimbledon/US Open

hdfb
Jan 11th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I think she should play one ITF at the very least so she can get more confidence.

vutt
Jan 11th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah but she's only allowed 6 wildcards for the entire season...she's already used 2, playing WTA events now would mean she would require wildcards still...and then she might have used her quota up come Roland Garros/Wimbledon/US Open

Is't Grand Slams ITF events? So she used only one...

scottsue
Jan 12th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I am not quite sure where she should go really. I can see pros and cons for both playing itf's and wta's. I suspect though that Jelena is rather an inpatient young lady and she is going to want to play more WTA events as soon as possible. She has beaten top 100 players and will wish to do so again. I think there is now some fire in her belly and she is is wanting this very badly. When she gets huffy like this she often tends to play better. I reckon she will try for Pattaya in Thailand.

Ben.
Jan 12th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I hope she realises that she needs to take her time on getting back to the top & to begin with she just needs to play some small ITF events in Australia just to get extra match play. All the better I say, but if she gets into Pattaya City by Q WC & does well there then its good also.

She just needs to be relaxed & realise that she will have a few losses here & there.

Alizé Molik
Jan 12th, 2008, 03:03 AM
yeh but that's not Dokic, she hates loosing and she'll always be upset and frsutrated after a loss, but as scotsue said, normally that kind of frustration makes her play better in the next tournament, I would like to see her play some Australian ITFs before she goes overseas though, just to show TA that she really means business, willing to do whatever it takes.

Just Do It
Jan 12th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I just hope she wont play New Zealand 10k event next week :o

IMPOSSIBLE
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I'd love to see Dokic in Stockholm in August, the qualies cut off last year was No Ranking so she can definitly get in if she has a ranking by then :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I just hope she wont play New Zealand 10k event next week :o

which event is it an ITF ?

Golovinjured.
Jan 12th, 2008, 11:31 PM
She should go to the ITF tournie in Mildura now that its a 50K event. Does anybody know the rankings points for each round of a 25K and a 50K ITF tournie? And does anyone know how the money is allocated?

I mean how many points for a first round, second round and so on..and how much is earned for a first round, second round etc..etc..

auntie janie
Jan 13th, 2008, 12:41 AM
She should go to the ITF tournie in Mildura now that its a 50K event. Does anybody know the rankings points for each round of a 25K and a 50K ITF tournie? And does anyone know how the money is allocated?

I mean how many points for a first round, second round and so on..and how much is earned for a first round, second round etc..etc..

Scroll down this page for the points info:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/Pdfs/rankings/howitworks.pdf

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:01 AM
thanks lad..

ps..what do u think of my new sig

sorry to go off topic

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:18 AM
OK So heres Dokic's situation:

She will currently have a ranking of about 475 with 37 ranking points (15 AO Qualifying, 22 Hobart)

If she plays Mildura, a 50K ITF event, and wins, she will either get 35 or 45 ranking points, and this will place her either around 320 or just inside the top 300. This would place her as the #10 Australian female, and that is including Rodionova and Gajdosova.

I think she should play in Mildura. Not only will it up her ranking even more, but after her loss to Tanasugarn, i think it will give her back some of her confidence. She should destroy those girls there, especially on grass.

azza
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:36 AM
hopefully her next tournament isnt the 2010 AO WC playoff.

SeanyQ
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:21 AM

She will currently have a ranking of about 475 with 37 ranking points (15 AO Qualifying, 22 Hobart)

If she plays Mildura, a 50K ITF event, and wins, she will either get 35 or 45 ranking points, and this will place her either around 320 or just inside the top 300. This would place her as the #10 Australian female, and that is including Rodionova and Gajdosova.

I think she should play in Mildura. Not only will it up her ranking even more, but after her loss to Tanasugarn, i think it will give her back some of her confidence. She should destroy those girls there, especially on grass.

Australia doesn't have any $50k women's ITF's.
Mildura is $25k for the women, followed the next week by Berri (SA) $25k.
25 points for winning a $25k....

OZTENNIS
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I read in The Australian that she was returning to the ''events on the fringe of the WTA Circuit''... we shall know if she will play Mildura in less than a weeks time

Babolatpro880
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I read in The Australian that she was returning to the ''events on the fringe of the WTA Circuit''... we shall know if she will play Mildura in less than a weeks time

Oh there was real news about her schedule? :bounce:

That to me sounds like she'll be playing Pattaya City, and after that :confused:

If she's playing the lower tiered events, that might mean she's gonna play the low tier clay court events as opposed to the high tier indoor events or the Middle Eastern tournaments.

We might see Jelena in like Vina del Mar/Bogota/Acapulco (if she's really gonna play that much). I wouldn't be that surprised if she played those events, because in 2005 she played Estoril/Rabat/Prague. Hopefully by that time Jelena will be into tiptop shape again, because she'll need to be to play on clay.

Ben.
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:37 AM

I just had a look at the rankings & she's not on there yet. she will be on the rankings i think after the completion of the AO.

Ben.
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Hopefully whatever event she plays next it'll be a good sign just knowing that she is gonna keep on playing.

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 04:18 AM
yeah definately. I seen in another post by OZTENNIS on another thread that said Mildura was upgraded to a 50K event, but i checked on the ITF website and it's still listed as 25K but im not sure. If she were to win 2 25K events in Mildura and Berri she would be on the fringe of the top 300. I really hope she plays atleast 2 ITF tournies in Aus before heading off to the WTA circuit. She needs the matchplay and the confidence.

She probably won't be listed on the rankings until after the Aus Open, but she will be listed on Race Rankings on monday, although it probably won't include the points she earned at AO qualifying. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Babolatpro880
Jan 13th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Oh my god. She will NOT be on the rankings until she earns points at another event AFTER the Australian Open for the 2309834098603689th time.

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 04:50 AM
what about the tournament she played in march last year?

march last year + hobart + AO = 3 tournies?

Ben.
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:09 AM
the itf tournament that she played in march last year she had to qualify & if you don't qualify you earn no pts. so therefore it doesn't count.

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:10 AM
ok i dont want to hear about rankings anymore..its annoying

she'll be ranked soon..how about we just call this her potential ranking ok..

Babolatpro880
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I've explained this at least four or five times.

The only zero point events that count are mandatories that a player was automatically entered in and withdrew from. These five events ARE: the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbledon, the US Open, and Miami.

Jelena will NOT have a ranking after the Australian Open.

REPEAT. Jelena will NOT have a ranking after the Australian Open.

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:11 AM
omg shhhh

Babolatpro880
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:12 AM
ok i dont want to hear about rankings anymore..its annoying

she'll be ranked soon..how about we just call this her potential ranking ok..

Then stop bringing it up and being wrong every single time.

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:15 AM
ur wrong

i emailed wta..and thay replied and said any player is ranked after three tournament appearances

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:15 AM
no i kid

i dont like being wrong..but accept that I am

but it is a ridiculous rule

Babolatpro880
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Well, it IS the rule. So stop acting like a twelve year old.

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:20 AM
fair enuf..how old r u anyway? if u dont mind me askin

im only 14 :) so i guess acting twelve isnt terribly bad

Babolatpro880
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I'll be eighteen in a couple weeks.

And one thing you'll learn in the next four years is that when someone has to tell you the same thing four or five times, they get annoyed.

And this thread is about Jelena's schedule, so this is the last I'll be posting about any of this.

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:26 AM
cool..so i get the last say :D your on here an awful lot arent you babalotpro880, shouldnt 17 year olds have a life by now?

WHOOOOAAAAA somebody got buuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrned

Jelena kicks ass

Ben.
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I've explained this at least four or five times.

The only zero point events that count are mandatories that a player was automatically entered in and withdrew from. These five events ARE: the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbledon, the US Open, and Miami.

Jelena will NOT have a ranking after the Australian Open.

REPEAT. Jelena will NOT have a ranking after the Australian Open.

true :yeah:

GeeTee
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Let's forget about WHEN her ranking kicks in...but her potential rank IS important..

Otherwise, she's no hope of starting in the tournaments like Pattaya that Babblepro seems to be dreaming she is in..

Points from Hobart and AO would give her notional 475 (37 pts) which would only really get her into 10k or 25k events without the limited wild-card assistance (max of 3in MD, 3in Qual for both ITF and WTA events).

Even if she played and won both Berri/Mildura events, her ranking would only be around 290, still nowhere near good enough to make a serious attempt to get into WTA events on a regular basis.

Her best option might be to travel back to her European base to compete in $10-100k events in France, Spain, Italy, Belgium or Greece and build her points back up. The close proximity means she has alternatives if her ranking isn't good enough to get into her first preference.

These events run through until May - and if she has success in these events - quite a few on clay, she may well be able to move up to the WTA IVs in Estoril or Prague, which would be solid preparation for Roland Garros.

Golovinjured.
Jan 13th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Let's forget about WHEN her ranking kicks in...but her potential rank IS important..

Otherwise, she's no hope of starting in the tournaments like Pattaya that Babblepro seems to be dreaming she is in..

Points from Hobart and AO would give her notional 475 (37 pts) which would only really get her into 10k or 25k events without the limited wild-card assistance (max of 3in MD, 3in Qual for both ITF and WTA events).

Even if she played and won both Berri/Mildura events, her ranking would only be around 290, still nowhere near good enough to make a serious attempt to get into WTA events on a regular basis.

Her best option might be to travel back to her European base to compete in $10-100k events in France, Spain, Italy, Belgium or Greece and build her points back up. The close proximity means she has alternatives if her ranking isn't good enough to get into her first preference.

These events run through until May - and if she has success in these events - quite a few on clay, she may well be able to move up to the WTA IVs in Estoril or Prague, which would be solid preparation for Roland Garros.

:worship: Well said!

Casey Dellacqua showed us last year that you don't need to play only the WTA circuit to be successful. Last year, prior to the US Open, Dellacqua had competed in 13 25-100K ITF tournaments, and only 8 WTA tournaments. In this time her ranking jumped from 157 to 90. Dokic should take note and follow a similar path in 2008.

Looking at Caseys results last year following the Australian Open, she played 25K ITF's in Melbourne, Perth and Kalgoorlie, in a row. She won each of these tournaments and won 75 ranking points in the process, and when you see the players she beat it seems like a very easy 75 points. In the 15 matches, she only played 1 player in the top 200, 1 in the top 300 and 1 in the top 400. The rest were all unranked or outside the top 400. Dokic has shown she can beat 100 players somewhat comfortably, so she should not have alot of trouble against the players outside the top 400. I hope someone lets her know her options instead of just assuming she should play the WTA circuit.

Babolatpro880
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:46 PM

I didn't make it up. Oztennis said that a newspaper reported that Jelena would be returning to events on the fringes of the WTA circuit, not the ITF circuit. That would point to Pattaya City, not Paris, and not ITFs.

Just Do It
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Jelena have two options. One is to play Pattaya and 2nd is to play that Australian 25k event ( grass ) ! Both startin on February 4th.

Uranium
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:09 PM
i think Pattaya qualifying would be good if she keeps form.

jumpingjoe
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:33 AM
i think the best bet for jelena is to use her wildcards into the qualifying draws of tier III and tier IV events. She seems to play better when she is against higher quality players. If she could string together a few wins at these events here ranking would rise a lot faster than if she were to play on the itf circuit. I fear that if she returns to the ITF circuit she may fade off into the abyss once again.

Dokic Pierce
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Has anyone else noticed that most of the players Jelena has beaten at Hobart went on to win their 1st Round matches? Can't help but wish TA had given her a damn wildcard :devil:

Cankarlo
Jan 15th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Has anyone else noticed that most of the players Jelena has beaten at Hobart went on to win their 1st Round matches? Can't help but wish TA had given her a damn wildcard :devil:

I was thinking it as well. Shvedova won easily yesterday and Meusberger beat Granville in easy two. :eek: I am not convinced that Meusberger is a great player. She was very weak when I saw her against Mauresmo in Wimbly last year for the first time. Anyway she can win. But the situation that TA made :help: I hope Jelena is still training right now.

Freakan
Jan 15th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Jelena didn't commit to any tournaments starting on 4th February, so if she won't be given a WC to Pattaya (or some challenger), then we'll probably see her playing next year :wavey:

Just Do It
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Freaken, there is no point of commiting, because Jelena does not have wta ranking yet, and she does not have to be on entry list to get WC.

Freakan
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:19 PM
And she doesn't have to be ranked to get into qualies of 25k (withou being given a WC)... I'm just saying that it's a bad sign...

Philip
Jan 15th, 2008, 06:32 PM
:scared:

Just Do It
Jan 15th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Well, obviously she wont play 25k qualis. Hopefully she will go to Pattya and do some damage there :armed: I am always optimistic.

Dokic Pierce
Jan 15th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Can someone contact the Pattaya organisers to see if she has asked for a WC?

Golovinjured.
Jan 17th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I'm not going to, but I'm going to ring up the organizers of the Mildura ITF 25K and see if she'd contacted them at all. It's frustrating because there really isn't any way of knowing whether she'll continue playing or not. I'll be OVERLY EXTRAVAGANTLY IMMENSLY RELIEVED when I see her name in a main or qualifying draw.

Babolatpro880
Jan 17th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I'm not going to, but I'm going to ring up the organizers of the Mildura ITF 25K and see if she'd contacted them at all. It's frustrating because there really isn't any way of knowing whether she'll continue playing or not. I'll be OVERLY EXTRAVAGANTLY IMMENSLY RELIEVED when I see her name in a main or qualifying draw.

When are you planning on doing that? Any info would be much appreciated obviously.

jumpingjoe
Jan 17th, 2008, 03:17 AM
i wouldnt get your hopes up....i really dont think she is going to play a 25K itf. I have a strong feeling that she may wind up in pattaya. apparently she has practiced since loosing in AO qualifying so that makes me believe that she is serious about coming back. i certainly hope so:)

OZTENNIS
Jan 19th, 2008, 05:41 AM
she's not on the list for mildura, so she isn't playing there (unless she gets a wildcard)

matty
Jan 19th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Too bad she doesn't have a "real" up to date website to let people know what's up.

Привет
Jan 20th, 2008, 03:48 AM
I hope Jelena continues to play somewhere. Pattaya City would be nice.

Just Do It
Jan 20th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I really hate this. We should do something. Pattaya is in 7 days, and still nothing about WC's. Where can I find tournament director email or something ?

Привет
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:11 PM
sonyericssonwtatour.com would be a start. :)

Just Do It
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:16 AM
:lol: I doubt they have any informations on Jelena.

Cankarlo
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:34 AM
The post that I send for you in GM was from wta's offical site.

Babolatpro880
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:37 PM
:lol: I doubt they have any informations on Jelena.

I think that he meant that the place to start to try to find a way to contact the Pattaya tournament director would be on the WTA website.

MilanDokic
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Jelena returned to Zagreb, where she is training for her next event that will start in two weeks.

I really don't know which tournament it will be, but will have info soon!

Babolatpro880
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:41 PM
:( I wish she stayed in Australia. Do you know if Chris Johnson went with her Milan?

Uranium
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Jelena returned to Zagreb, where she is training for her next event that will start in two weeks.

pattaya is in 2 weeks:hearts:
PLEASE PLAY QUALIES DOKIC.:worship:

Philip
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:05 PM

back to zagreb :scared: ....

please dont just give up jelena.

Babolatpro880
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM
pattaya is in 2 weeks:hearts:
PLEASE PLAY QUALIES DOKIC.:worship:

WOW, so maybe I wasn't making everything up when I said I thought she'd play Pattaya :p

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
2 weeks from today, meaning the tournament starts on February 4th?
It could mean that Jelena is planning to play one of the challengers that week:
10K Mallorca, Spain
10K Vale de Lobo, Portugal
25K Cali, Columbia
25K Mildura, Australia
25K Sutton, Great Britain
75K Midland, USA

I'd say that Jelena is probably done with 10K events already, and it would be weird for her to go to Zagreb only to return to play an event in Australia, so I'd guess she's planning on playing either Sutton or Midland. I guess there's some chance she might be getting a WC into either Open de Gaz or Pattaya as well, but I think she's probably planning on going to a challenger event.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:04 PM
Why the hell is she back in Zagreb? I thought she was basing herself in Australia now. :rolleyes:

Whatever. Play soon.

MilanDokic
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:30 PM
Jelena gave an exclusive interview to one of the world's magazines, and she can't talk about things she told to them until they publish it!

Don't worry Dokic fans, I will inform you!

C'mon Jeco!

Uranium
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:45 PM
Jelena gave an exclusive interview to one of the world's magazines, and she can't talk about things she told to them until they publish it!

C'mon Jeco!

:worship:thanks, inform us soon please:bounce:

OZTENNIS
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
:rolleyes: Zagreb :help: much better off here in Oz...
Hope she is back on the court soon and she is ranked once more :)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
I saw her practicng on the eve of the AO!!!

azza
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Jelena Dokic (YUG)

Just Do It
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Zagreb :scared: :scared: :scared:

Pattaya city and Open Gaz de France are possible tournaments in 2 weeks. I doubt she will come from Australia to Zagreb and then to go back to Pattaya. I guess she will ask for Gaz de France wild card :shrug:

Cant wait for that interview !!!

Golovinjured.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
FINALLY some news on her continued comeback. Atleast we can assume she'll be playing on anyway. I hope she doesn't play Open Gaz de France, I'd rather see her reach quarters or semis in Pattaya then fail in qualies in France. In any case I wish her all the luck.

Ben.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Don't why she is going back to Zagreb :shrug: but its her choice & we must respect it. She knows what to do I reckon, maybe she is gonna play an ITF event in Europe which why she is going to Zagreb.

Just Do It
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
I am wondering who with is she training there, Borna ? :o

Going back to Zagreb is a bad decision, Zagreb destoryed her at first place.

Gaz De France - 3 MDWC's and 4 QWC's still to be announced.

Golovinjured.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, agreed. But wasn't there something going around about her mother leaving Damir to help, or should i say "help", Jelena and be there for her. Maybe she went back there to have a coffee with mumsy?

Tanasugarn isn't playing Gaz de France is she? :lol:

Just Do It
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
MDU, Jelena's mum went to AUSTRALIA to help her, so I dont get it, what is Jelena doing in Zagreb when her mother is in Sydney :spit:

Hopefully,everything will be clear after that interview is out.

Golovinjured.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah hopefully it will be.

I just hope that the evil mastermind Damir hasn't sent Jelena's mum to her. I just don't get it, she's finally having a proper crack at a comeback and now her mother decides this is the best time to reconcile. It seems hardly fair for Jelena, she doesn't need the drama.

NOTE: If i'm incorrect please correct me, I'm not entirely positive about Jelena's relationship with her parents, this is just what I assume from what I hear.

:topic: Does anyone know how to change the text above your avatar/below your username. Like Sammy 4 eva !!! has "have a great '08 Sam" instead of "Senior Member" like most users have.

Just Do It
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think you have to be a premium member to do that ( to pay 30$ I think ).

Uranium
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Jelena's mom left Damir to be with Jelena, there's no conspiracy to sabbotage her.
Jelena SHOULD play Pattaya qualifying, its so easy.

Tennace
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:57 AM
Am i the only person hoping she will avoid ITF events? I really think she should stick to WTA events, i mean she already showed she can clearly compete in them :shrug: Im hoping she plays Paris whether it is qualies or MD, I think it will be good for her.

Golovinjured.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
Yeah I've changed my mind and think she would be ready for WTA events. But I think she needs matchplay, and if she was awarded a MD WC into Paris she could play a top seed in the first round and be beaten. I'd much rather see her qualify in Pattaya and win a few MD matches. Atleast if she plays one more tournament, anywhere, she will finally be ranked.

Dokic-Fan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
I'm so sad that Jelena left Australia and has gone back to Zagreb. That's terrible. Her possibilities on training are much better in Australia. I don't think she would have lost about 16 kg if she had stayed in Zagreb.

And it would have been better to play Pattaya because this tournament is not as high-levelled as Open Gaz de France Paris. There are stronger opponents...

Cankarlo
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
When this interview will get published? I am wondering so much what her plans are for the next month???

Philip
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Well any news would be great right now. Hope to hear something soon... :scared:

Just Do It
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:02 PM

C'mon Jeco!

Milane, da li znas nesto konkretno ? Makar kad ce intervju izaci ?

vutt
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:25 PM
I'm seeing a lot of whooo-aaah about her relocating to Europe, but I woder how much regular WTA aussie girl on tour actually suppose to stay down there after OZ Open. Sure there is very short Asian tournies period, but main bulk of WTA action actually relocates to Europe. So reasonable for her will be heading to Europe as well.

Well having said all that something in me tells that tere is probably a lot of more emotions going on with her than it meets the eye. Is it good or bad only time will tell...

Vamos Feńa
Jan 24th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Well having said all that something in me tells that tere is probably a lot of more emotions going on with her than it meets the eye. Is it good or bad only time will tell...

I'm pretty frightened about next few days... :scared:

Привет
Jan 24th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I think that he meant that the place to start to try to find a way to contact the Pattaya tournament director would be on the WTA website.

Correct! ;)

Jelena, wherever you are, just play tournaments soon. You've proven that you can beat top 100 players, you need to keep playing!

Golovinjured.
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:04 AM
is there any news on Pattaya or Paris for Jelena?

**prays to lucifer**

King Aaron
Jan 27th, 2008, 03:27 PM
To be honest, I'm pretty annoyed she went back to Zagreb. :o

That's just not a good place for her to be basing herself.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:01 PM
:2006:

Just Do It
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM

No way.

Philip
Jan 27th, 2008, 07:42 PM
:o

Привет
Jan 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Please don't let this be another 2006 Jelena. :( She's trained so hard to let it slip away, and this time she's proven to herself and everyone that she can beat top 100 players.

OZTENNIS
Jan 28th, 2008, 08:39 AM
:rolleyes: :yawn:

Golovinjured.
Jan 28th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Cmon Jelena. Play somewhere! She'll surprise us turning up somewhere in the next few weeks. Just pop up from out of nowhere!

What was that about an interview she had that hasn't been released yet? I think MilanDokic said it..not sure though..any update on that?

up!
Jan 28th, 2008, 09:25 AM
come on Jelena !!

So Disrespectful
Jan 28th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I can't believe this. It's getting really hard to keep faith in Jelena now. We've given her so many chances, she needs to enter some tournaments instead of sitting on her ass eating in Zagreb. :o

Golovinjured.
Jan 28th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I can't believe this. It's getting really hard to keep faith in Jelena now. We've given her so many chances, she needs to enter some tournaments instead of sitting on her ass eating in Zagreb. :o

Jeezuz Mary of Nazareth! Little respect mate? She'll prove all the doubters wrong in the next few months..

I just hope she doesn't prove me wrong when i say she'll prove the doubters wrong.. ... .. ..... .. if i make any sense at all .. .... ... ..

Maybe she's just trying to get down to her 'ideal' playing weight of 62kg before she plays so much, cause carrying less weight around would lower her injury risk for sure.

So Disrespectful
Jan 28th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Jeezuz Mary of Nazareth! Little respect mate? She'll prove all the doubters wrong in the next few months..

I just hope she doesn't prove me wrong when i say she'll prove the doubters wrong.. ... .. ..... .. if i make any sense at all .. .... ... ..

Maybe she's just trying to get down to her 'ideal' playing weight of 62kg before she plays so much, cause carrying less weight around would lower her injury risk for sure.

I don't doubt her at all, she'd easily make it back if she set her mind and body to it. It's really just a shame that Jelena didn't apply for a wildcard into Pattaya.

Golovinjured.
Jan 28th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah I'm definately with ya on that one mate! I just wish Dokic herself would give us an update on what her plans are! It's bloody frustrating!

I still love her more than Angelina Jolie loves an African orphan though..

IMPOSSIBLE
Jan 29th, 2008, 04:19 PM
dokic on alternates list for $25,000 Capriolo

n.sad
Jan 29th, 2008, 04:32 PM
good luck, finally on some entry list!!!!!!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 29th, 2008, 04:39 PM
It's something, I guess.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:56 PM
At least she is playing...

OZTENNIS
Jan 29th, 2008, 09:05 PM
It doesn't mean that she will play...remember '06 :help:
It's a start but don't get your hopes up people

ce
Jan 29th, 2008, 09:20 PM
:help:
:unsure:

Just Do It
Jan 29th, 2008, 09:51 PM
25k event :o

She was in solid form in Australia,she should start playing ASAP. This tournaments is starting in 2 weeks :o

Ajde though.

Dokic Pierce
Jan 29th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm going to assume she has gone back to lose the extra weight and start her run to the French Open by beginning in the 25'ks. :)

Uranium
Jan 29th, 2008, 10:27 PM
3rd alt :banana:
she can get in.

Golovinjured.
Jan 29th, 2008, 10:52 PM
YES! GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS! GOOD ON YA JELENA, SO VERY PROUD! JUST DON'T PULL OUT!!!

Is this a Clay tournie?

Uranium
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:03 PM
^carpet

Golovinjured.
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks mate..is there a link where I can see the entry list? I can't find it..

Golovinjured.
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:15 PM
i know this sounds crazy but i had a dream about Jelena last night, and in my dream i came on here and she was on an entry list of a 25K, except it was in Sarasota and something. Anyway, my subconscience was close :)

aaahhh sweet sweet love :couple: Me n Jelena were destined to be weren't we :inlove:

Uranium
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
its on itftennis.com

Golovinjured.
Jan 30th, 2008, 12:31 AM
She isn't third alternate Uranium, they haven't put them in positions yet.

Scroll down the alternate list and there are still ranked players there..hopefully enough withdraw so she can make qualie draw..its a shame she didnt stay in australia and play Mildura.

The same points are on offer, its on grass (Wimbledon QF, SF) and she'd have the support of the Australian public behind. Plus there aren't even any players left on the alt list, and the qualie draw is only half full. Woulda been great, but its OK. But it's like she's all alone over there playing. Does she have some sort of entourage? Like coaches, trainers, friends etc.

Ben.
Jan 30th, 2008, 01:31 AM
well its just good to see her name on an entry list again (whether its MD, qualies or alternates). maybe it'll be good if she plays some of the ITF european events as she'll need to travel a lot once she gets more success & yes she will obviously have her entourage to support her.

thats why she probably went to zagreb, to prepare for the clay maybe.

scottsue
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Good news. I am surprised though that she is entered into 25's as I felt sure she would want to dive straight into the big events.

Golovinjured.
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Dokic is 265th Alternate in Capriolo :sad:

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100017261&event=&order=Position

What are the chances of her making it in qually draw do you think?

Ben.
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I really do not know, and since she is a priority 1 this will be the only tournament that she wants to get in to.

Just Do It
Jan 30th, 2008, 10:05 AM
:lol: She wont make. There are at least 30 players withouth a ranking in front of her :o

She will get a wild card, though.

Golovinjured.
Jan 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Ok :sad: but you only get 6 WC's a season aye? I really wish she'd stayed here in Aus and just played Mildura. They're already out of alternates and there are heaps of unranked players in quallies. Then she wouldn't have to use up a Wildcard.

How many points do you get for the stages in a 25K ITF? (1st round, 2nd round, quarters, semis, finals, win).

She's on 38 points so far i believe?

Ben.
Jan 30th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Winner gets 25 pts
Finalist gets 17 pts
Semifinalist gets 12 pts
Quarterfinalist gets 7 pts
2nd Round loser gets 4 pts
1st Round loser gets 1 pt

If you qualify you get 1 pt

Ben.
Jan 30th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Thats for a 25K event

Golovinjured.
Jan 30th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Ok, this may be getting a little ahead of myself but I dont care. If she competes in Carpiolo she will finally have a WTA ranking...again. This is how it will work, keeping in mind she currently has 37 potential WTA ranking points from Hobart (22 - 2nd Round Qualifier) and the AO qualifying (15 - 2nd Round of Qualifying).

If she attains a QWC and doesn't qualify, she will gain 0 points and have a WTA ranking of 469-475.

If she attains a MDWC and loses MD 1st Round, she will gain 1 point and have a WTA ranking of 457-468.

If she attains a QWC, qualifies, and loses MD 1st Round, she will gain 2 points and have a WTA ranking of 453-456.

If she attains a MDWC and loses MD 2nd Round, she will gain 4 points and have a WTA ranking of 438-446.

If she attains a QWC, qualifies, and loses MD 2nd Round, she will gain 5 points and have a WTA ranking of 431-437.

If she attains a MDWC and loses MD Qtrfinals, she will gain 7 points and have a WTA ranking of 420-423.

If she attains a QWC, qualifies, and loses MD Qtrfinals, she will gain 8 points and have a WTA ranking of 414-419.

If she attains a MDWC and loses MD Semifinals, she will gain 12 points and have a WTA ranking of 394-398.

If she attains a QWC, qualifies, and loses MD Semifinals, she will gain 13 points and have a WTA ranking of 387-393.

If she attains a MDWC and loses MD Final, she will gain 17 points and have a WTA ranking of 377.

If she attains a QWC, qualifies, and loses MD Final, she will gain 18 points and have a WTA ranking of 375-376.

If she attains a MDWC and wins MD Final, she will gain 25 points and have a WTA ranking of 348-352.

If she attains a QWC and wins MD Final, she will gain 26 points and have a WTA ranking of 344-347.

QWC = Qualifying Wildcard
MDWC = Maindraw Wildcard
MD = Maindraw
Would place Dokic in WTA Top 450 = GREEN
Would place Dokic in WTA Top 400 = BLUE
Would place Dokic in WTA Top 350 = RED

If anything here is wrong please tell me and I'll edit faster than you can say "damir dokic is a loon"

jumpingjoe
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:10 PM
okay...everyone needs to relax. The fact that she is entered in a tourney is great news. I really dont think this is like years past...in years past, she has waited several months to enter any tournements. This one is only two weeks after the Australian Open.

Secondly, I dont think it is a surprise that she left Australia. After the open, no one stays there because there are not many tourneys there. Plus, what is the point of playing on grass right now anyways? I think heading back to Europe is smart because that is where most of the tourneys are over the next few months.

Also, I doubt she has been sitting around....she was spotted on a practice court at Melbourne Park after losing in the qualies. If she had no intention to continue her comeback, why would she have been practicing at all? Lets give her a chance and see what happens, I really think it is a good sign that she has entered this ITF event. Now if she withdraws, then we can all freak out and loose faith.

jumpingjoe
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:12 PM
btw...dokic is now 260 on the alt list.

matty
Jan 30th, 2008, 11:03 PM
C'mon...just somebody up there let Jelena have a succesful comeback-it's not her fault her dad's a bit loony...

Golovinjured.
Jan 31st, 2008, 03:15 AM
People comparing this year to Dokic's comeback in 2008 need to look at the differences.

2006:

AO WC Playoff - Won
MD WC into Hobart - Lost in 1st Round
MD WC into Aus Open - Lost in 1st Round

2008:

AO WC Playoff - Reached Qtrs but retired to Rogowska.
Q WC into Hobart - Qualified, reached 2nd Round (defeated 3 top 100 players)
Q WC into Aus Open - Lost in 2nd Round of qualifying to Tanasugarn (former top 30), but defeated Erakovic in 1st Round(who the week before reached semi's in Auckland)

The success has been much more promising this year than in 2006. Although she won the AO WC Playoff in 06, that was when she had been playing somewhat regularly. I believe she only lost this year in WC Playoff because she had barely played in 2 years. She's shown too much progress and promise to give up now.

Привет
Jan 31st, 2008, 08:45 AM
I hope that she does well here. She needs to come to these tournaments with the desire to get back to the top, because anyone can see that if she managed to have the results that she did at Hobart then she should be having good results at these 25k tournaments.

I agree with jumpingjoe. The next big season coming up is clay (there are Miami and Indian Wells and some other random tournaments), and if Jelena can get some good results on the clay then she might be able to request some qualifying WC's into some WTA level clay tournaments later on in the year.

Just do well, Jelena. :)

So Disrespectful
Jan 31st, 2008, 09:11 AM
I think it's actually worse for Jelena to play 25k's than nothing at all in a sense. If she loses early here, her confidence will evaporate instanly. I think it's also harder for Jelena to play at her level against girls like this.

jumpingjoe
Jan 31st, 2008, 01:41 PM
if she is really serious about this comeback then a few losses are not going to kill her confidence. If anything, she should expect them. No matter what her ranking is, she is going to lose matches, every player does, it is part of being a tennis player. I still stand by what I said earlier. For the moment...everyone needs to stop criticizing Jelena and just to wish her well. Also, lets hope she actually gets into the draw because she is 259 on the alt list.

If she pulls out, which I dont think she will, then we can all freak out.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 31st, 2008, 04:14 PM
Just to clear something up... Capriolo is played on carpet, not clay.

Привет
Feb 1st, 2008, 08:28 AM
:lol: Thanks Dave. I guess an Italian looking name for a tournament makes everyone, including myself, assume that it is on clay. ;)

I just want Jelena to play. :shrug: She's obviously still got the talent to be in the top 100. I just want her to play because if she is playing regularly than it's only a matter of time really. Someone with her talent should not stay around the 400-500 ranking mark for too long because she's better than that.

scottsue
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:02 AM
What a shame she did not show up in Pattaya. Very waek qualifying draw and she could have done some real damage in the main draw as well.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:54 AM
What a shame she did not show up in Pattaya. Very waek qualifying draw and she could have done some real damage in the main draw as well.

I agree... I just hope she shows up for this challenger...

Golovinjured.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:51 AM

Yeah me too. But she will, she 's a legend :)

Just Do It
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
I am still waiting for that interview :spit:

Uranium
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:07 AM

if she makes qualy draw:o

Harvs
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:48 AM
I think it's actually worse for Jelena to play 25k's than nothing at all in a sense. If she loses early here, her confidence will evaporate instanly. I think it's also harder for Jelena to play at her level against girls like this.

lol. she has no other choice. she cant get into the higher tournaments until she improves her rankings by playing in these challengers.

ce
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Please just play :o

Cankarlo
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:22 PM
she is no #200 in alternates.

Schnyderfreak
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Up to #186 now. this could be going to look like a wc ?? there's always hope especially with Jelena!!

Cankarlo
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:23 PM
up to #180 now.

JellyDelight
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Up to 94 now!

They're dropping like flies!

ce
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:11 PM
:eek:

Schnyderfreak
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Up to 94 now!

They're dropping like flies!

:lol::worship::worship::worship:

:devil: they know someone's gonna wipe em off the court so they're going to another tournament instead

cn ireland
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Jelena is also entered in a 10k event in Germany the following week. Currently alt #275

Freakan
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:42 PM
She won't get in for sure, today was the deadline for withdrawals. Hope she can get a WC.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
She entered a 10K? :weirdo: I don't get it, she beats 3 consecutive top 100 players in Australia, and yet feels the need to drop down to the lowest of the lows. I don't understand these decisions at all, seriously. Doing well in a 10K will do virtually nothing for her ranking, or her wallet.

Blah.

Just Do It
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:51 PM
10k :o

If she plays this 25k event, she will get a ranking, she could enter 25 and 50k's without a wild card then. Just play a fucking tournament and everything will be easier then. Rada said somebody called Capriolo, and they said Jelena will get at least QWC.

Harvs
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:29 PM
yay i hope so :)

Uranium
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Her commitment is only for a month of big competition in Australia:o.
She should be on tier IVs instead of Challengers, but whatever as long as she wins matches.

Vamos Feńa
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Well it's obvious, Jelena wants to capture her 1st ITF singles Title :haha: ;)

To be honest, Jelena, I wonder what do you think you're doing...
Get that f^$#% ranking and stop comitting to 10K's :rolleyes:

Golovinjured.
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:23 AM
10K! WTF!!! Oh well, as long as she's playing some matches i spose. She still wouldn't be fully fit yet. I'd rather see her make her 'WTA' comeback when she loses some of her weight and has adjusted to being a tennis player again. I don't blame her for taking it easy, but a 10K is certainly a strange choice. She would have won the 25K's in Mildura and Berri, it's a real shame :(

Golovinjured.
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Where's MilanDokic? I want to know what she said in that supposed 'interview'..

I hope Jelena doesn't give up..she might just be laying low until the French Open where she will SHOCK THE WTA UNIVERSE AND AVENGE HER SLIDE FROM WTA ROYALTY BY RISING TO THE HEIGHTS OF WTA...ROYALTY!

My Crystal Ball tells me: Jelena will make 3rd round of Roland Garros after recieving QWC. Then will make 4th round at Wimbledon.

Uranium
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Where's MilanDokic? I want to know what she said in that supposed 'interview'..

I hope Jelena doesn't give up..she might just be laying low until the French Open where she will SHOCK THE WTA UNIVERSE AND AVENGE HER SLIDE FROM WTA ROYALTY BY RISING TO THE HEIGHTS OF WTA...ROYALTY!

My Crystal Ball tells me: Jelena will make 3rd round of Roland Garros after recieving QWC. Then will make 4th round at Wimbledon.

Dokic sucks on clay, not really, but kinda.
MilanDokic is reliable he/she runs hr website.;)

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:06 AM
It's her least favorite surface, but she doesn't suck on it by any means.

Uranium
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:12 AM
It's her least favorite surface, but she doesn't suck on it by any means.

yea, i was sure how to say it, but if she's still making a lot of UEs clay isn't good for her.

Tennis Fool
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Regarding the Buchen 10K everyone is crying over...looks like the food must be good to have Barbora Strycova and several players in the Top 250 playing there. Nice to see Bovina's name there too. Sesil is even on the list :p

Привет
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:44 AM
If Jelena does well in this 25k (provided she plays it), then I doubt she would then go and play a 10k. Just play something, Jelena.

Golovinjured.
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Is anybody going to watch the Capriolo event? I want to know how fit she is when she plays there, which she will :) hopefully..

Golovinjured.
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:03 AM
If she plays in Capriolo, and she gets her ranking..which should be atleast top 500 no matter of her results there, does that mean she could be qualify for the Buchen qually draw or maindraw directly? with no need for a WC?

What are the points for a 10K?

Uranium
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
well is buchen week after if so she would still have no ranking since they take weeks before rankings.
if in 2 weeks, yea

Just Do It
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Who knows maybe they ofered her some appearance money ? :o

Golovinjured.
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Actually i don't have much of a problem with Jelena playing this 10K in Germany after taking a few things into account. I think its pretty obvious Jelena will want to base herself in Europe for a few months, for stability and maybe not enough money to travel around the world, perhaps until Roland Garros, agreed?

And if you look at the tournaments on that particular week, she didn't really have much choice did she?

25th Feb - 2nd March 2008
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Acapulco (Mexico)
Memphis (US)
25K Florida (US)
10K Sant boi (Spain, EUROPE, clay)
10K Buchen (Germany, EUROPE, carpet)
10K Wellington (NZL)
10K Benin City (Nigeria)

So, by staying in Europe, she could only choose from the 10K in Spain, or in Germany. As Capriolo, the 25K before Buchen, is on carpet it's easy to see why she chose the 10K in Germany. She'll be accustomed to the carpet surface from the week before,hopefully :)

Now, the week after! As far as I know, there are 5 tournaments running. The WTA tournament in Bangalore, a 50K in Las Vegas, another 10K in NZ, a 10K in Spain on clay, and a 25K in Belarus played on Carpet. My best bet is that she'll commit to the tournament in Belarus. Firstly because its on carpet, and secondly because it's still in Europe.

What does everyone else think about her scheduling so far?

Babolatpro880
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I think she should've gone to Nigeria :p

cn ireland
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Just an entry list update:

25k Capriolo, Italy (Feb 18th): Alt #92

10k Buchen, Germany (Feb 25th): Alt #273

Btw I also agree with Mr.Dokic. Jelena didn't really have much of a choice for the Feb 25th week so I'd rather see her on an entry list for a 10k than nothing at all!

Just Do It
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I think it is stupid to waste WC's on 25k's or even 10k tournaments. She should play one 25k event, get a ranking and then she wouldnt need a wc for 10k MD or 25k Q draws.

Just play.

OZTENNIS
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I don't think she'll play in Belarus

Darop.
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Jeez, so much talk and Jelena hasn't even stepped on court yet.

I hope she just gets her ass out there and plays, wherever.

Tennis Fool
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:26 AM
What are the points for a 10K?

10Ks, I imagine, suck for those who have been in GS semis. You get 1 point if you win the 2nd rd...count up to 6 for the championship.

cn ireland
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Capriolo: alt #91

Buchen: alt #264

Does anyone know when the Main Draw and Qualy wildcards will be announced for Capriolo?

Привет
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Jelena will hopefully play this 25k, do well, get a ranking soon, then enter tournaments without using WC's.

Just Do It
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Jelena will hopefully play this 25k, do well, get a ranking soon, then enter tournaments without using WC's.

Yeah only that :o

matty
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I just hope Jelena stays positive and focused.

You can make it back, Jelena, just believe!

azza
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Whens that italy futurs tournie?

Привет
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Yeah only that :o

I said 'hopefully'.

Alizé Molik
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:07 AM
hopefully she'll just continue to win matches and build confidence, at this stage i think that's the only wise thing to hope for.

Belco
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Good luck :D

OZTENNIS
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:33 AM
For some of you who are dying to see Jela back on the rankings, she is already back on the Tennis Australia Rankings at No.18, behind Lauren Breadmore and ahead of Shannon Golds...

Here's the link (download) if you want it:
http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/image.aspx?assetId=RDM38756.6715027546

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:50 AM
For some of you who are dying to see Jela back on the rankings, she is already back on the Tennis Australia Rankings at No.18, behind Lauren Breadmore and ahead of Shannon Golds...

Here's the link (download) if you want it:
http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/image.aspx?assetId=RDM38756.6715027546

Thanks mate. That is one comlicated ranking system though :tape: Good on ya Tennis Australia. Can't wait to see Jelena competing again in Capriolo! I hope she does well...less than a week now and she might be on court! :lick:

King Aaron
Feb 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hope she's been working hard and training instead of sitting in front of the telly and eating a bag of chips.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 11th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hope she's been working hard and training instead of sitting in front of the telly and eating a bag of chips.
This is what I'm worried about. :sobbing: It's just so hard for me to imagine her really working hard in Zagreb. At least when she was in Australia I knew she was focused on tennis and not fucking off.

Please don't be obese now, Jelena. You worked so hard to lose all that weight in the last few months. :sobbing:

Just Do It
Feb 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM
This is what I'm worried about. It's just so hard for me to imagine her really working hard in Zagreb. At least when she was in Australia I knew she was focused on tennis and not fucking off.

2nded, especially when one guyfrom Zagreb said no one saw her on tennis courts in Zagreb this year :(

OZTENNIS
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:22 PM
You know, maybe she's not even in Zagreb?? Maybe she went there briefly to do a couple of things and then she has gone to Italy???

Just a thought? At least she's still on the entry list guys, that's definitely a positive :)

cn ireland
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Update:

25k Capriolo: #86 Alt

10k Buchen: #200 Alt

Still no announcement of any wildcards on itf site, surely they'll have to reveal them soon:(!

Cankarlo
Feb 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Jeca has withdrawn from Buchen :( But still in the alternates of Capriolo.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I'm almost encouraged by the fact that she pulled out of a 10K. :o

Golovinjured.
Feb 12th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'm not. I'd rather her play in a 10K than not play at all. I hope she plays in Capriolo....

Was Buchen priority 1 for Dokic? If it was, does that mean she can't play anywhere else that week?

Golovinjured.
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I want Milan_Dokic to sign on and give us a Dokic update! C'mon Jelena show us what you're made of!

FOR THE LAST TIME! IS ANYBODY GOING TO CAPRIOLO TO WATCH THE TENNIS!? What about you Cankarlo? Anybody?

Cankarlo
Feb 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I am not going to see Jelena in Capriolo. I am Italian but not living in Italy.

Cankarlo
Feb 12th, 2008, 12:25 PM
But I have an Italian sport channel (named sport channel),usually shows challenger tournaments from ıtaly. I hope I can watch Jeca from it.

Just Do It
Feb 12th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Buchen :o

Something is telling me she wont show up in Capriolo :o

Belco
Feb 12th, 2008, 04:14 PM
:sad:

Freakan
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Jelena is on entry list for 25k in Minsk (3th March) as 223th alternate.

Just Do It
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Jelena going to Belorussia, part one.

Highlandman
Feb 12th, 2008, 06:39 PM
At the moment it's like the same like in 2006 :o Hopefully it won't continue like that.

I mean she has beaten Shvedova, Meusburger & Erakovic easily & also won against Martina Müller :o Didn't she realize it? :sad: And also a win over Eugenia Linetskaya.

With wins like that she could easily return to Top-100, but on these low challengers her own level would drop down again too and she loses maybe again to players like Valverdu-Zaira, Gatto-Monticone, di Guiseppe etc. etc. :o :sad:

ALLEZ Jelena!

Highlandman
Feb 12th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'm not. I'd rather her play in a 10K than not play at all. I hope she plays in Capriolo....

Was Buchen priority 1 for Dokic? If it was, does that mean she can't play anywhere else that week?

Too bad she does not play there, Buchen is not far away for me :o :sad:

Привет
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM
If Jelena is able to do well in Capriolo and then Minsk, hopefully she will then start to look at WTA tournaments.

Golovinjured.
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Actually i don't have much of a problem with Jelena playing this 10K in Germany after taking a few things into account. I think its pretty obvious Jelena will want to base herself in Europe for a few months, for stability and maybe not enough money to travel around the world, perhaps until Roland Garros, agreed?

And if you look at the tournaments on that particular week, she didn't really have much choice did she?

25th Feb - 2nd March 2008
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Acapulco (Mexico)
Memphis (US)
25K Florida (US)
10K Sant boi (Spain, EUROPE, clay)
10K Buchen (Germany, EUROPE, carpet)
10K Wellington (NZL)
10K Benin City (Nigeria)

So, by staying in Europe, she could only choose from the 10K in Spain, or in Germany. As Capriolo, the 25K before Buchen, is on carpet it's easy to see why she chose the 10K in Germany. She'll be accustomed to the carpet surface from the week before,hopefully :)

Now, the week after! As far as I know, there are 5 tournaments running. The WTA tournament in Bangalore, a 50K in Las Vegas, another 10K in NZ, a 10K in Spain on clay, and a 25K in Belarus played on Carpet. My best bet is that she'll commit to the tournament in Belarus. Firstly because its on carpet, and secondly because it's still in Europe.

What does everyone else think about her scheduling so far?

WA-HOO!! I like it when I'm right :drool: Wildcards for Capriolo should be announced in the next two or three days. Fingers crossed Jelena can score one of those..

Golovinjured.
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:53 PM
If Dokic plays anywhere near the way she played in January, Dokic SHOULD cream these girls. She defeated M. Erakovic 6-4 6-1 in AO Quallies, and last week Erakovic won the 25K in Mildura.

Jogi
Feb 12th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I hope she used the time after the AUs-OPen to train hard as she did before in order to get her fitness and game back on track, anything else would be a huge setback
her results will tell

Philip
Feb 13th, 2008, 12:36 AM
play jelena play!

xcrtbckhnd
Feb 13th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I guess at this point, no news is good news, right? Hoping Jelena plays well in Italy and then keeps going in Minsk! Actually, I'm just hoping Jelena plays at all!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Feb 13th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Please play Jeca :D

hdfb
Feb 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Please Jelena! Ajde!

rada
Feb 13th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Looks like dokic has no WC :(

Golovinjured.
Feb 13th, 2008, 12:29 PM
ATTENTION! DOKIC DID NOT GET A WILDCARD INTO QUALLIES OR MAINDRAW IN CAPRIOLO!

MD Wildcards were given to: Vivienne Vierin, Alice Moroni, Astrid Besser and Anna-Giulia Remondina (all ITALY)

Q Wildcards were given to: Annalisa Bona, Susanna Mussi and Laura Gambarini (all ITALY)

Go Here (http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100017261&event=&order=Position) If You Don't Believe Me.. :bigcry: :bigcry: but i wouldn't make this up :bigcry:

I actually thought there were 4 Qualifying WC's, yet only 3 have been handed out. Can someone verify how many there are? tobi?

** please be a 4th qualifying wildcard and please let it go to JELENA DOKIC **

Just Do It
Feb 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
One QWC still avilable, I am sure tournament director offered that QWC to Jelena, but it looks Jelena did not answer whether she will accept it or not :o

So 2006 :o

Philip
Feb 13th, 2008, 02:09 PM
oh no. :o

Philip
Feb 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM
is there a possibility that she is just going to show up at the sign in date for quallies to see if she can get it in without QWC? :help:

:sad:

scottsue
Feb 13th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Not a good sign at all.

Just Do It
Feb 13th, 2008, 02:43 PM
It looks Jelena did not ask for WC at all, but they still left one QWC for "any case " :spit:

Cankarlo
Feb 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Maybe still they didn't offer to her. If they don't offer to her,Jelena can not do anything. So, we have to be positive till we get a new information about the situation.

Just Do It
Feb 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
All QWC's have been given, no Jelena.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM
2006. End of.

I can't believe she did this.

Just Do It
Feb 13th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Me too. When I just remember how optimistic she was in Australia, all those interviews .... damn ! She is one big cheater. She came back to Australia and said things like : I love playing tennis, I will play full schedule and similar shit just to get Wild Cards and take some money :o

Damn, Was that worth it ? Coming back to Australia, training hard for 5 fucking months, just to earn 5k $ and go back to Zagreb ?

I really dont get it, that does not have sense at all !!! I hope Jelena will prove me wrong and play some events ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cankarlo
Feb 13th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I guess she is thinking not to waste her WC oppurtunities with smaller events. Of caurse It is not the same with the year of 2006. As she said, Jelena loves tennis and she has to be stupid if she made all these hard works for only Aussie season. She lost 16 kgs for nothing??? She has some goals. She just tried her chance in this event. But failed. Next up Minsk. If she can get in, then she will automatically be in the tournaments. Because she will get a ranking at least.

OZTENNIS
Feb 13th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Well well, if this is the case...Jelena was lucky to get any wildcards from TA...seems like Italy (and the ITF) have run out of time for her

Philip
Feb 13th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Joy. :sad:

Babolatpro880
Feb 13th, 2008, 09:37 PM
She can still sign in and probably make it into the qualifying draw. 25K qualies generally have unranked players in them. We should basically know by Friday whether or not she's playing. Because if someone's name is in a qualifying draw, it means they signed in to get there, so she'd definitely be in Italy. I think we should wait and see if she plays before we start berating her for not playing. She might surprise us.

Dokic Pierce
Feb 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
2006. End of.

I can't believe she did this.

You are all so dramatic :rolleyes: We haven't even heard anything from Jelena but you are all happy to assume the worst. :sad:

Let's just wait for some news from Jelena herself - and please, trust the girl instead of downing her at every opportunity. :angel:

Havok
Feb 13th, 2008, 10:13 PM
What. The. Hell.

Jelena please show up somewhere next week.

Freakan
Feb 13th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Come on people, stop dreaming! We've been too optimistis for the last few years. European 25k's are too strong, she won't get in without a ranking. Unless she plays 10k's or gets WC's, her career is pretty much over.

OZTENNIS
Feb 13th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Just ONE MORE POINT FOR A RANKING :o

Ben.
Feb 14th, 2008, 03:33 AM
You are all so dramatic :rolleyes: We haven't even heard anything from Jelena but you are all happy to assume the worst. :sad:

Let's just wait for some news from Jelena herself - and please, trust the girl instead of downing her at every opportunity. :angel:

I agree, I mean realistically she might not play some events for months but who knows she could play in the next few weeks.

Dokic Pierce
Feb 14th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Everyone is just so depressing about Jelena simply because she isn't playing RIGHT NOW. We don't know what the story is.

She could be taking the time to get super fit, or waiting for an opening at an event without the need for a wild card, or she could be back at home eating a packet of chips.

My point is, you have an option of believing the good or bad scenario in the absence of any fact otherwise, and most of you always go for the bad scenario.

Let's looks on the positive side! It's been a great start to the year, and hopefully she will be back shortly after working hard on her fitness :D

Start posting good messages of support instead of rumblings about "how she is gone, done etc"

:kiss:

azza
Feb 14th, 2008, 05:42 AM
lol at Jelena Dokic

Darop.
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:58 AM
She needs ONE FUCKING TOURNAMENT to get a decent ranking which will alow her to play in challengers. PLAY A BLOODY 10K QUALLIE AND GET A RANKING. Not that hard.

Golovinjured.
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:23 AM
They still haven't announced the 4th WC for qualifying in Capriolo on the ITF website yet so Jelena could still get it, who knows. She'll play somewhere I'm sure, it won't be long and she'll be ranked again, and as soon as she's ranked she'll be able to get entry into any 25K she wants. Hope you're working hard Jelena :)

Harvs
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:47 AM
She needs ONE FUCKING TOURNAMENT to get a decent ranking which will alow her to play in challengers. PLAY A BLOODY 10K QUALLIE AND GET A RANKING. Not that hard.

lol agreed. play a point and retire for all i care haha... she just needs that ranknig to start

Golovinjured.
Feb 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
They still haven't announced the 4th WC for qualifying in Capriolo on the ITF website yet so Jelena could still get it, who knows. She'll play somewhere I'm sure, it won't be long and she'll be ranked again, and as soon as she's ranked she'll be able to get entry into any 25K she wants. Hope you're working hard Jelena :)

Woops! My bad :p Yeah all WC's have been given :bigcry: bad luck fair lady Dokic :bigcry: Oh well, just train as hard as you can for Minsk. Ahh I can see the headlines now :drool:

"JELENA DOKIC TRIUMPHS IN MINSK, DEFIES THE ODDS"

:D I'm a little upset bout the no show in Capriolo, but only Jelena knows what's best for Jelena, right? By the way..is there any chance at all that she can still play in Capriolo? Any chance at all?

Just one ranking point and she'll be ranked Top 500!

Just Do It
Feb 14th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Mr Dokic, Jelena will NOT go to Minsk :rolls:

Cankarlo
Feb 14th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I think she will play an Itf tournament when she automatically be in the qualifiers or in the maindraw. She saves her 4 WC for the big tournaments.

Golovinjured.
Feb 14th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Mr Dokic, Jelena will NOT go to Minsk :rolls:

did she tell you this? :o she's on the entry list for Minsk so as far as i'm concerned she's heading to Minsk to compete, provided she is awarded a WC.

Please don't pay out on me just because i show a little faith in Jelena. Sure, she hasn't really proved us right in the past, but i'm allowed to have hope for her.

Golovinjured.
Feb 14th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I think she will play an Itf tournament when she automatically be in the qualifiers or in the maindraw. She saves her 4 WC for the big tournaments.

Yeah very true. But why did she pull out off Buchen? I really wish she'd stayed in Australia for the extra month to play the 25K's in Mildura and Berri, the qualifying draws were only half full, she would have made them with no ranking :bigcry:

I just read this article about her, it was just after her R1 win over Erakovic at the AO Quallies. Seemed to lift my spirits abit, even though I had read it before..

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23034961-5010361,00.html

Just Do It
Feb 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Mr Dokic, If Jelena is about to play something, she will play in Italy or Germany or any other country close to Zagreb. She would even need a visa for entering Belorussia. I would be SHOCKED if she plays it.

Golovinjured.
Feb 14th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Mr Dokic, If Jelena is about to play something, she will play in Italy or Germany or any other country close to Zagreb. She would even need a visa for entering Belorussia. I would be SHOCKED if she plays it.

Too easy mate. We're all here to do one thing anyway, and that's to support her 2008 campaign, in its highs and lows. this looks as though it could be a low, but really no knows anything. where's MilanDokic for fucks sake? we need some Dokic news from his inside sources :worship:

King Aaron
Feb 14th, 2008, 02:43 PM
*smh* I can't believe I actually believed and trusted Jelena when she said all those things.

Philip
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:39 PM
what i dont understand is why she hasnt played another tournament since ausopen, she wouls have a rank and be able to enter almost any of these 25ks. :shrug:

well i hope she comes out of the woodworks sometimes soon... if not, its roll on ausopen 2009 :rolleyes:

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 14th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Maybe she's injured? :shrug:

Doubt it though.