PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's schedule?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Golovinjured.
Oct 30th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hey guys,

For what my opinion is worth, I can tell you what I witnessed in Linz. Like you said, she did not seem happy at all the whole practice, then at the end she talked quite rude to Vera Zvonareva. Don't know what happened, but really it was a very heavy atmosphere there. Though, she seemed to play quite good. Is she always breathing that heavily? Cos it's the first time I see a player do it that loud...

I wonder if Jelena's lonely up there, alone on her pedestal :rolleyes:

I don't know why she's sulking all the time, well that's the impression I get anyway from most of the youtube videos. Sure, she's had a very hard few years, but things are getting better so in theory she should be happier. I don't know what's up with the attitude? I mean, she's getting WC's and is being allowed to play whenever she wants, it's not like there aren't any outlets for her. She should be honoured to practice with the likes of Vera and be given that chance to measure up her game against the Top 10, and she acts like a bitch. That won't help her at all as she attempts to rejoin the likes of Vera in the games elite.

The only thing I could think is bringing her down is Bikic's. It has to be that environment around her, there's nothing else. She is playing fairly good tennis, Top 100 atleast. I just hope she doesn't see this year as though she failed. She didn't. This is the most she's played, and the most success she's had since 2003. But her goals need to be set, and then reached without making new ones for herself. She got to Australia a year ago saying she wanted to be Top 100 by years end, then after the Australian Open she said Top 50 and now she's saying Top 20 is achievable. All this, and she hasn't even reached her first goal yet.

Jelena, please re-assess. Her first concern should be getting inside the Top 150. She has many points to defend in January, but nothing for 3 months after that. After those 3 months, she should be inside not only the Top 150, but also the Top 100. Hopefully this also means automatic entry into the French Open/Wimbledon/US Open. Hopefully with some maindraw wins at WTA level, she could potentially be around the Top 50 by the end of 2009, but not much higher IMO. However I can't see any of that happening with the Bikic brothers in her camp. While she's in Australia, if she's in Australia, it's absolutely pivotal that she finds a new coach, or atleast gets some help while she's here. Physically or mentally, but hopefully both. She needs some guidance.

Golovinjured.
Oct 30th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I can't see my post :sobbing:

EDIT..

That's weird.. lucky I copied and pasted :p

Golovinjured.
Oct 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Hey guys,

For what my opinion is worth, I can tell you what I witnessed in Linz. Like you said, she did not seem happy at all the whole practice, then at the end she talked quite rude to Vera Zvonareva. Don't know what happened, but really it was a very heavy atmosphere there. Though, she seemed to play quite good. Is she always breathing that heavily? Cos it's the first time I see a player do it that loud...

I wonder if Jelena's lonely up there, alone on her pedestal :rolleyes:

I don't know why she's sulking all the time, well that's the impression I get anyway from most of the youtube videos. Sure, she's had a very hard few years, but things are getting better so in theory she should be happier. I don't know what's up with the attitude? I mean, she's getting WC's and is being allowed to play whenever she wants, it's not like there aren't any outlets for her. She should be honoured to practice with the likes of Vera and be given that chance to measure up her game against the Top 10, and she acts like a bitch. That won't help her at all as she attempts to rejoin the likes of Vera in the games elite.

The only thing I could think is bringing her down is Bikic's. It has to be that environment around her, there's nothing else. She is playing fairly good tennis, Top 100 atleast. I just hope she doesn't see this year as though she failed. She didn't. This is the most she's played, and the most success she's had since 2003. But her goals need to be set, and then reached without making new ones for herself. She got to Australia a year ago saying she wanted to be Top 100 by years end, then after the Australian Open she said Top 50 and now she's saying Top 20 is achievable. All this, and she hasn't even reached her first goal yet.

Jelena, please re-assess. Her first concern should be getting inside the Top 150. She has many points to defend in January, but nothing for 3 months after that. After those 3 months, she should be inside not only the Top 150, but also the Top 100. Hopefully this also means automatic entry into the French Open/Wimbledon/US Open. Hopefully with some maindraw wins at WTA level, she could potentially be around the Top 50 by the end of 2009, but not much higher IMO. However I can't see any of that happening with the Bikic brothers in her camp. While she's in Australia, if she's in Australia, it's absolutely pivotal that she finds a new coach, or atleast gets some help while she's here. Physically or mentally, but hopefully both. She needs some guidance.

Just Do It
Oct 30th, 2008, 11:09 AM
This is all so confusing :(

I just hope she will go to Australia and have a normal schedule in 2009.

I am off till late December guys :wavey:

DokDi
Oct 30th, 2008, 04:12 PM
:wavey:

Now we will have to wait in one and a half month before Jelena hopefully will be back in action for the playoff.

Let's hope she will work very hard during the off-season and then she will come back stronger and better than ever before....;)

King Aaron
Oct 30th, 2008, 04:25 PM
:smash: Jelena! :rolleyes: You can't be a bitch to someone who's actually doing you a favour.

I don't know why she's not playing Ismaning. So much for setting a Top 20 goal.

:topic: Craybas lost to a Canadian qualifier in straight sets in Quebec. I'm not sure if that player is a future prospect or not and I highly doubt the qualifier was ranked in the Top 200.

~Eclipsed~
Oct 30th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hey guys,

Is she always breathing that heavily? Cos it's the first time I see a player do it that loud...

:lol: Do you mean her grunt? Or is she that out of shape? :shrug:

:topic: Craybas lost to a Canadian qualifier in straight sets in Quebec. I'm not sure if that player is a future prospect or not and I highly doubt the qualifier was ranked in the Top 200.

If it makes you feel any better that qualifier is through to the QFs in Quebec. :p

stefi62
Oct 30th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Well, that's not really a grunt. You can hear in on the video, at the exact ame time the ball hits the racquet.

~Eclipsed~
Oct 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Well, that's not really a grunt. You can hear in on the video, at the exact ame time the ball hits the racquet.

Wow you must be a new fan of Jelena if you never heard of the SHOOOO!!

That's her trademark. :yeah:

Slutati
Oct 30th, 2008, 08:15 PM
No, I don't think he/she's talking about SHOO, you can totally hear her breathing :o Especially at the end of the video when she's running...

Jeca, why you being mean to Vera? :weirdo: Maybe Vera was crying or something

Dominic
Oct 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Tell us what she said to Vera!

Uranium
Oct 31st, 2008, 12:28 AM
No, I don't think he/she's talking about SHOO, you can totally hear her breathing :o Especially at the end of the video when she's running...

Jeca, why you being mean to Vera? :weirdo: Maybe Vera was crying or something
I know, I heard it right before and after the shoo, maybe she is getting in a deep breath to let out a big SHOOO.
Maybe she made Vera cry:sobbing:

Dominic
Oct 31st, 2008, 03:19 AM
Hey guys,

Can you please tell us alot more details? Like how did she play, was she able to win many rallies against Vera? How was her backhand, her forehand, her serve, her movement? And what did she look like she was saying to Vera? etc. thanks

Привет
Oct 31st, 2008, 04:36 AM
No offence to stefi62, but in all honesty, no one can know what happened if anything between Jelena and Vera. Sometimes people are just in a terrible mood and they are short and abrupt with even their closest friends, so I am personally not going to read too much into something like this. :)

Sometimes I think that it gets way too obsessive in here. I mean how much have we seen of Jelena? Nothing, a few pictures, a few 10 second videos of a rally, and then a few seconds of her shown watching Vera's match. We can't accurately judge whether she is happy or unhappy from just this. :shrug:

jd4eva
Oct 31st, 2008, 08:47 AM
I agree. A lot of people tend to get over-analytical when it comes to Jelena. She seemed to be hitting fairly ok in that clip.

And I don't think that her and Vera really fought. Let's not forget that there were pics of her watching Vera's match a couple of days after they practised. So it seems unlikely that they fought, or if they did, it seems unlikely that it was serious.

Dominic
Oct 31st, 2008, 03:14 PM
No offence to stefi62, but in all honesty, no one can know what happened if anything between Jelena and Vera. Sometimes people are just in a terrible mood and they are short and abrupt with even their closest friends, so I am personally not going to read too much into something like this. :)

Sometimes I think that it gets way too obsessive in here. I mean how much have we seen of Jelena? Nothing, a few pictures, a few 10 second videos of a rally, and then a few seconds of her shown watching Vera's match. We can't accurately judge whether she is happy or unhappy from just this. :shrug:

I totally get what you mean but at the same time, I don't think it would kill her to smile or to look like she is enjoying what she'S doing once in a while. If she is going to really try and make a push for the top 20, she will have to adopt the best possible attitude and she needs to be very positive. Attitude is a very big part of it, especially for her, along with freaking commitment.

Graf~Dokic
Oct 31st, 2008, 03:56 PM
Does anyone of you know when the entry list for the tournaments starting Jan. 1, 2009, come out?

Ballbasher
Oct 31st, 2008, 04:15 PM
It used to be 6 weeks before the tournament, but don't know with the new roadmap ;)

King Aaron
Oct 31st, 2008, 05:24 PM
If it makes you feel any better that qualifier is through to the QFs in Quebec. :p
The WTA site has her as the loser in her 2nd round match. :shrug:

Also, I don't think we're saying she fought with Vera, just that she was speaking rather rudely. :confused: Which I still think is not good on her part because let's face it, Vera isn't dying to practice with Jelena is she? I'm sure she would have liked it if Jelena was at the very least, pleasant to her. Of course this is all based on that report by stefi62.

And I think they were playing practice sets in the video?

Just Do It
Oct 31st, 2008, 05:41 PM
I also believe she might be rude to Vera, it wouldnt surprise me at all, but from the other side she was watching all her matches in Linz ... I doubt she would if they had some kind of fight.

~Eclipsed~
Oct 31st, 2008, 10:10 PM
The WTA site has her as the loser in her 2nd round match. :shrug:

:lol: yeah sorry I think i got her result confused with Oudin's suprise result.

Graf~Dokic
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Has anyone an idea, when the entry lists for Brisbane and Auckland will be published? Also, I think TA should hurry up to announce the participartors for AO WC playoff... :) ;)

Just Do It
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Oh I am so nervous already :lol: Cant wait for AO PLay offs :lol:

DokDi
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Has anyone an idea, when the entry lists for Brisbane and Auckland will be published? Also, I think TA should hurry up to announce the participartors for AO WC playoff... :) ;)

I think the entry deadline for the playoff is on 28th November, so we just have to wait until then....for the WTA events I'm not sure....

cn ireland
Nov 16th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Come on Jelena, give us all some good news before xmas by entering the playoff and Brisbane/Auckland:)!

Graf~Dokic
Nov 17th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Come on Jelena, give us all some good news before xmas by entering the playoff and Brisbane/Auckland:)!

It would be a very smart move by Jelena if the entered the weaker one of Brisbane or Auckland... I don't know which one it is though...

DokDi
Nov 17th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I think it's Auckland, cause many top-players have confirmed their entrance in Brisbane...

King Aaron
Nov 17th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Entry lists usually come out 6 weeks before the tournament starts, not sure if we'll be able to get a hold of the list this time.

Uranium
Nov 17th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I am sure there will be Aussie articles about what event she'll play, no worries.
I hope she plays Auckland

Slutati
Nov 17th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I just want her to play, I don't care what tournament. :(

SM
Nov 18th, 2008, 12:20 AM
doesn't matter which tournament she plays, the ball is really in Jelena's court as to whether she wins......she has all the tools to beat most players, just depends on which Jelena shows up to the tournament.

Graf~Dokic
Nov 23rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
I know I'm annoying, but why is TA so lame at announcing the entry list for this WC playoff?? :confused: :sad:

Golovinjured.
Nov 23rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Because TA is LAAAAAAAAME LAME LAME LAME lame LAME.

DokDi
Nov 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Wednesday 3rd December guys!..."Only" 9 days left...:yippee:

slavicpower
Nov 23rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Tuesday 2nd December guys!..."Only" 8 days left...:yippee:

Is that when the entry list comes out?

DokDi
Nov 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Is that when the entry list comes out?

Yes, but now I rechecked and it's on 3rd December, so 9 days to go!

Graf~Dokic
Nov 23rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Yes, but now I rechecked and it's on 3rd December, so 9 days to go!

It's a shame... :rolleyes: I can remember last year when there was an entry list already mid-November. ;)

Graf~Dokic
Nov 30th, 2008, 11:01 AM
If TA is on time (:rolleyes:), then we should have an entry list for the AO WC playoff in 3 days. ;) Can't wait for it...

Golovinjured.
Dec 1st, 2008, 09:43 PM
Can we all come back here and post? I don't want this thread to die.
So much history here :hearts:

OZTENNIS
Dec 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM
It has just been reported in GM that Dokic will play an exhibition against Hantuchova sometime in 2009 in Monte Carlo.

Don't know how accurate the source is though

Slutati
Dec 1st, 2008, 10:13 PM
OMG I hope it's true. :hearts:

IceHock
Dec 1st, 2008, 10:19 PM
my two faves, from the little article, they both seem serious about 2009.

Just Do It
Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
It has just been reported in GM that Dokic will play an exhibition against Hantuchova sometime in 2009 in Monte Carlo.

WOW :eek: I hope it is true !!

DokDi
Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
That definitely sounds interesting.
The AO playoff lists to be announced tomorrow!:)

Dominic
Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:59 PM
If TA is on time (:rolleyes:), then we should have an entry list for the AO WC playoff in 3 days. ;) Can't wait for it...

The sad thing for me is that I dont even care about that, I just can't wait for her to play. And that is not soon.

King Aaron
Dec 2nd, 2008, 04:25 PM

:speakles:

cn ireland
Dec 2nd, 2008, 05:20 PM
It'd be great if Dokic played Hantuchova, Jelena needs all the matches she can get against top players if she wants to compete with them again:)!

Graf~Dokic
Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Has anyone already got the entry list for the AO WC playoff? :confused:

DokDi
Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
It should have been out today, but there's only the men's list. Even though it says women's.:confused: http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/default.aspx?id=4&pageId=13877

Graf~Dokic
Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
It should have been out today, but there's only the men's list. Even though it says women's.:confused: http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/default.aspx?id=4&pageId=13877

So, there are two men's entry lists. :rolleyes: Oh, come on, TA, we're living in the 21st century and not in the 19th or whatever, so get it together with your lists. It can't be that difficult. ;)

DokDi
Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I knew they would screw up something:rolleyes:

Just fix it soon...

Graf~Dokic
Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I knew they would screw up something:rolleyes:

Just fix it soon...

I hate that so much. :( The thing I hate most is tardiness. People may be silly or weird or unintelligent or whatever, but not being on time... I hate that. :fiery:

Maybe it's because I'm German. :angel:

jela_dokic
Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
nice pick of Steffi....

I love her a lot!!!

Graf~Dokic
Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:55 PM
nice pick of Steffi....

I love her a lot!!!

Thank you... It's one of her fantastic sliced backhands. :hearts: :hearts:

BTW: Jelena lost an exhibition match today against Daniela Hantuchova 1-6 1-6. :sobbing: That can't be true. :sobbing: Why isn't Jelena in Australia training?

IceHock
Dec 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Thank you... It's one of her fantastic sliced backhands. :hearts: :hearts:

BTW: Jelena lost an exhibition match today against Daniela Hantuchova 1-6 1-6. :sobbing: That can't be true. :sobbing: Why isn't Jelena in Australia training?

if you read the other exo thread, jelena went because she was in talks with daniela's coach, while daniela asked carlos rodriguez to be her coach, except he can't. so basicly jelena was looking for a coach.

Golovinjured.
Dec 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
I don't want to believe it :unsure:
There isn't anything on the internet about it AT ALL. Except for those 2 GM threads, and 1 Blog that references the GM thread.

Seem weird to anyone else?

& why the fuck would she come to Australia, and go to Monaco, then go back to Australia? This girl's apparently short of cash, remember?

Just Do It
Dec 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
First of all, Rada is the only person who saw her in Melbourne. The thing is he lives in Sydney, what would he be doing in Melbourne :shrug: Maybe he saw someone else :shrug:

I doubt Jelena was in Australia at all this year and I am scared this score is true :sad: :scared:

DokDi
Dec 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Yes I agree with JDI, I'm afraid this might be true:help:

Just think about it, if Jelena was in AU I'm sure there would be an article about her or somethin.g There were about 3 articles in "the Age" about her preparation. Very strange that there's nothing when she acutally is there!..:confused:

Just Do It
Dec 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I am guessing that match against Hantuchova was today, and Jelena is off to Australia tomorrow. Losing 1 and 1 is not a big deal. I am sure she will train hard in Australia.

Slutati
Dec 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
LOL, I'm sure that match didn't even happen. I mean, please Daniela serving 12 aces and 86% points won on second serve :spit::haha:

~Eclipsed~
Dec 3rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Maybe Daniela mentally knew she had to step it up for Jelena. ;)

Slutati
Dec 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
:lol: I'm a Daniela fan, but I just don't believe this at all. Besides the poster who made that thread is a bit :weirdo: anyway.

Uranium
Dec 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
I don't believe that, they didn't know when they were gonna have it and then they play it immediately?:confused:

Philip
Dec 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
So they played an exhibition... no media attention, no website, no ticket sales, no crowd.

Seems to me no exhibition ;)

rada
Dec 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
First of all, Rada is the only person who saw her in Melbourne. The thing is he lives in Sydney, what would he be doing in Melbourne :shrug: Maybe he saw someone else :shrug:

I doubt Jelena was in Australia at all this year and I am scared this score is true :sad: :scared:

I Live in Melbourne ;) h
Have been for the last 6 months

OZTENNIS
Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
Jelena is on the Playoff entry list!
http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/image.aspx?assetid=RDM39785.878868831

hdfb
Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:28 PM
:woohoo: I am SO SO there.

Mr.Kardashian
Dec 4th, 2008, 01:57 AM
:)

DokDi
Dec 4th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Go Dokic!!:D

HillaryDuffFanBoy: Could you please take some photos and videos?;)

Havok
Dec 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM
It's great that she's playing it, but can somebody please explain to me WHY she's playing it? Is she afraid TA will not be giving her a MDWC for the Aussie Open based on her performance last year? I mean with her ranking, she's a direct entry into the AOQ draw.:shrug:

Anyways just glad she's playing something, can't wait for her to crush everybody.:rocker2:

Just Do It
Dec 4th, 2008, 06:20 PM
She needs match practice anyway.

cn ireland
Dec 4th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Great news Jelena:bounce::bounce:!

Naldo: I suppose Jelena would like to win the playoff so the TA couldn't say she didn't deserve it. It also looks good to TA and maybe she'll get a WC in Brisbane;)!

Привет
Dec 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM
It's great that she's playing it, but can somebody please explain to me WHY she's playing it? Is she afraid TA will not be giving her a MDWC for the Aussie Open based on her performance last year? I mean with her ranking, she's a direct entry into the AOQ draw.:shrug:

Anyways just glad she's playing something, can't wait for her to crush everybody.:rocker2:

I'm not sure if it's still like this, but the playoff was something that players were required to participate in to be considered for any WCs for the Australian Open.

Playing the playoff is not going to hurt Jelena. She'll get some matches in, hopefully she'll go through unscathed and at least make the semis. If she can win it, then I think we can expect to see MD WCs indefinitely coming her way for whatever tournaments she wants to play.

I really hope she comes to Brisbane. :D

Havok
Dec 4th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure if it's still like this, but the playoff was something that players were required to participate in to be considered for any WCs for the Australian Open.

Playing the playoff is not going to hurt Jelena. She'll get some matches in, hopefully she'll go through unscathed and at least make the semis. If she can win it, then I think we can expect to see MD WCs indefinitely coming her way for whatever tournaments she wants to play.

I really hope she comes to Brisbane. :D
Cool I wasn't aware of this! I know this will give her match practice, but still found it a bit odd she was going to participate in it. Though it's played very early and will not get in the way of the real Aussie WTA events in which she can get direct entry into qualies and/or WC offers.:banana: I love this time of year!

Golovinjured.
Dec 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah, it's a requirement for anyone who wants a WC. Jarmila Gajdosova entered it last year, withdrew injured, but still entered just to meet the prerequisites.

It's going to be good. Match practice, and smacking down some of those Aussie girls will show why she deserves a WC over anybody else.
Let's just hope Rogowska isn't in her group. :unsure:

SOOOO EXCITED!!
New outfits, new videos, new pictures, new opponents. :drool:

Just Do It
Dec 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
New outfits, new videos, new pictures, new opponents.

:banana:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 5th, 2008, 05:09 PM
LMFAO I just read that whole exhibition thread about the Hantuchova "match"... that's one of the classics, I must say. :sobbing:

King Aaron
Dec 5th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Why did only 3 players get direct acceptance into the WC play-off draw? :o :tape:

Philip
Dec 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Why did only 3 players get direct acceptance into the WC play-off draw? :o :tape:
I think I read somewhere you had to be ranked in the top 250 to gain direct acceptance, the rest are by "invitation only". :tape:

Just Do It
Dec 5th, 2008, 06:35 PM

You have to be top250 to enter directly. Others need a WC.

DokDi
Dec 6th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Jelena is 66 out of MD in Brisbane and 61 out of MD in Auckland. Which one do you think she'll play?

The following week she is 79 alternate in Sydney and 82 in Hobart...

Uranium
Dec 6th, 2008, 02:01 PM
82 in Hobart and 79 in Sydney that is weird:lol:
I hope she plays Auckland, but just as long as she plays I'll be happy.

King Aaron
Dec 6th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I think I read somewhere you had to be ranked in the top 250 to gain direct acceptance, the rest are by "invitation only". :tape:
You have to be top250 to enter directly. Others need a WC.
Thanks.

They should lower the entry requirements, at this rate, there will always only have 3-5 direct entries. :o

cn ireland
Dec 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I agree with Uranium, I don't care where she plays as long as she plays at least 1 warm up tournament before the AO:)!

Golovinjured.
Dec 10th, 2008, 02:37 AM
So...

Brisbane/maybe Auckland
Hobart (depending on whether she gets a MDWC or not for the Australian Open)
Australian Open

:D:D

I wonder if she'll get MDWC's for all of them.
Honestly, I would not be disappointed if she has to play qualifying in Brisbane. I'd hate her to play Ivanovic or Hantuchova (:unsure:) in R1. Atleast in quallies she'd have the realistic opportunity of more matches/wins/points.
MDWC's for Hobart and Australian Open though.

I'm scared of what's to come after the AO, though.
They asked her in the tennis.com.au interview, and she said it would depend on her form & ranking.

:scared:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 10th, 2008, 04:47 AM
They asked her in the tennis.com.au interview, and she said it would depend on her form & ranking.
LMFAO

aka let's enjoy the Aussie season while it lasts

Just Do It
Dec 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM

Jesus :spit: Does that mean : I am coming back to Zagreb, taking 2 months off, and then I will start playing European spring clay ITF's ?

Slutati
Dec 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Oh don't worry guys, she's gonna play a lot after she wins AO. :inlove:

Mr.Kardashian
Dec 10th, 2008, 09:28 PM
omg if she wins the AO i would die of happiness

hdfb
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:17 PM
^:lol: All of us would

But yeah it's always a case of "What next?" each year after the Australian Open.

I want her to stay in Aus and play some challengers.

Philip
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:53 PM
A comeback Capriati style would be immense! :p ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 11th, 2008, 06:23 AM
When does the WC playoff start?

Oswald56
Dec 11th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Dec 15

hdfb
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I'm definitely gonna be there on Monday. :D

Golovinjured.
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Are you going to get videos and photos for us?

jela_dokic
Dec 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
great news.... I hope Dokic will play a full calendar this year... and a lot of WTA Tour Tournaments....

Good Luck Jela in Australia and hpe she will get a lot of points to bring her ranking high!

cn ireland
Dec 11th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Jelena is #65 in qualies for AO:)!

IceHock
Dec 11th, 2008, 09:08 PM
So basicly she will be qualies even if she doesn't get a WC somehow, is that right?

hdfb
Dec 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Are you going to get videos and photos for us?

Photos I can, videos should be a yes.
I actually should be able to go every day of the week. But I don't want to because I want to work. But I didn't get any shifts this week as it's Christmas wind down period.
Cursed me for hoping not to get too many shifts in the week of the AO play-off, now I get none. :(

Havok
Dec 12th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Photos I can, videos should be a yes.
I actually should be able to go every day of the week. But I don't want to because I want to work. But I didn't get any shifts this week as it's Christmas wind down period.
Cursed me for hoping not to get too many shifts in the week of the AO play-off, now I get none. :(

Well then you're hired by us to stalk Jelena and take as many photos and videos as you can!:hehehe:

Just that we pay nothing.:D

Uranium
Dec 12th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Well then you're hired by us to stalk Jelena and take as many photos and videos as you can!:hehehe:

Just that we pay nothing.:D

:lol::bounce:

Ballbasher
Dec 23rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
4th January:
Brisbane [MDWC]

11th January:
Hobart [alts]
Sydney [alts]

18th January:
Melbourne [MDWC]

:bounce: :bounce:

slavicpower
Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Hope she plays Sydney instead of Hobart

So Disrespectful
Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:35 AM

I don't. The field is always very strong in Sydney and Jelena would probably be in over her head. Ideally the quality of her opponent would gradually progress, but it's just as likely that she'd draw a top seed in the first round.

Hobart is a safer bet. She can play herself into form and there shouldn't be anyone capable of utterly trashing her.

Graf~Dokic
Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:08 PM

I hope not... :sad: The field in Sydney is too strong at the moment for her. If she's aiming for extra match practise, Hobart would be a better option.

Ballbasher
Dec 23rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
I want her to play Sydney,too, but in qualifying! :)

Graf~Dokic
Dec 23rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
I want her to play Sydney,too, but in qualifying! :)

OK, qualifying would be good, but please not a MD WC!! ;)

cn ireland
Dec 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'd rather she played Hobart than Sydney (which I think she will do cos she won a few matches there last year) as I think she can defitinely get some good wins under her belt there:)!

Having said that, if she plays Sydney, i'm still happy:lol:!

Golovinjured.
Dec 23rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
It's most likely Jelena will play Hobart, she made that her priority tournament for that week anyway. I'd be surprised if she entered a tournament like Sydney, where the cutoff is so high.
Then again, last year out of nowhere she played a Tier II, and that was it. :lol: :cuckoo:

The possibility of matches (and wins) in Hobart is much greater, she must play there.

Golovinjured.
Dec 30th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Brisbane - MD
Hobart - in alternates
AO - MD

:inlove:

When do lists come out for post AO events?
If she's not on the list for Pattaya or Paris (is it Paris?) ... I'll be shitting myself.

Graf~Dokic
Dec 30th, 2008, 11:42 AM
When do lists come out for post AO events?
If she's not on the list for Pattaya or Paris (is it Paris?) ... I'll be shitting myself.

Yes, it's Paris indoors. :)

I hope, she plays in Pattaya, because in Paris, even Sharapova and Serens have entered. :eek: So, Pattaya would be better for Jelena.

cn ireland
Dec 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I'd be very surprised if Jelena played Paris because presuming she plays Hobart that'll be 3 tournaments in a row and i'm sure she'd like a week or 2 off.

However, if she does play Paris i'm not going to complain;)!

martinafan
Dec 30th, 2008, 11:14 PM
I am greedy and just want jelena to play Sydney qualifying because I can go watch her for free ;) lol

But i do honestly think the best thing for Jelena this year is to play lower tournaments (the tier 3 and 4's from last year - what are they called now?!?!?!)....I wouldn't want her to start playing the tier 2's (or whatever they are called) until a few months down the track - she needs to work her way up towards them IMO.

But still, i'll just be happy that she's playing somewhere lol.

Uranium
Dec 30th, 2008, 11:29 PM
International events;)

GeeTee
Dec 31st, 2008, 12:44 AM
Pattaya or even some of the Aussie ITF events after the AO would be my preference (but it was my pref even moreso last year and didn't happen...)

Freakan
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Jelene is on entry list for Pattaya :) She's 22nd alternate.

Babolatpro880
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:42 PM
That's at least in qualifying, good news :bounce:

Uranium
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Also heard that she is an alt for Paris.

Babolatpro880
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, but 45 out. I'm sure there will be withdrawals and she would be able to play qualifying (probably) if she wanted in Paris, but I'd stll much rather see her play in Pattaya.

Harvs
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:41 PM
play pattaya JD:):)

Golovinjured.
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I'd like to see her in Pattaya, such a weak field, I'd be shocked if she couldn't qualify.

Just Do It
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Oh well, we are moving on ... any news on Sydney/Hobart WC's ?

Just Do It
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:49 AM
From Brisbane website :

Dokic will now focus on playing the qualifying rounds at the Medibank International Sydney

DokDi
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:48 PM
From The Age:

I'm both really happy and really disappointed," said Dokic, who heads to Sydney, where she has received a wildcard into qualifying.

So the schedule for the upcoming weeks:

Medibank Int. Sydney: QWC
Australian Open 2009: MWC
Pattaya: 22nd alternate
Paris: 45th alternate

cn ireland
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I'm surprised she's playing qualies in Sydney as it'll be a much tougher field than Hobart but then again a win or 2 in qualies would do wonders for her ranking;)!!

Golovinjured.
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Chosen for Fed Cup :D:D
Feb 4-7.

SM
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:33 PM
Looks like Jelena and Sam will be leading Australia in singles, judging by Casey's form, or lack of

cn ireland
Jan 21st, 2009, 08:12 PM
Looks like Jelena and Sam will be leading Australia in singles, judging by Casey's form, or lack of

At the moment she definitely deserves to play singles;)!

jumpingjoe
Jan 22nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
Just noticed that Jelena is on the Entry List for the 25K in Mildura, Australia. The event is the week after Fed Cup and is played on Grass.

schorsch
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
:speakles: grass :drool: but maybe she will withdraw now... mite have been a backup tourney.

Just Do It
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Just noticed that Jelena is on the Entry List for the 25K in Mildura, Australia. The event is the week after Fed Cup and is played on Grass.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:29 PM

Ballbasher
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:37 PM

LindsayRulz
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:16 PM

DokDi
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:51 PM

~Eclipsed~
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:43 PM

King Aaron
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:57 PM

Petkorazzi
Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:27 PM

auntie janie
Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:44 PM

hdfb
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:03 PM

ninanina19
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:30 PM

cn ireland
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
There's no way Jelena's playing that 25K!!!!!!!!!

I think she'll take a week or 2 off after FED Cup and then hopefully play on the WTA tour!

OZTENNIS
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:40 PM

:lol:
That tournament is the same week as Pattaya City, Jelena won't play Mildura

Daniel K
Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
Apparently Jelena isn't on the entry list for Pattaya anymore so hopefully she's just taking a break

Oh and :speakles:

jumpingjoe
Jan 23rd, 2009, 05:22 AM
she probably decided against Pattaya once she got the call for Fed Cup which I believe is to be played in Perth, Australia.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 23rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
LMFAO I was wondering when that was gonna end :bigcry:

Vulturepova
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
I wanted to post here, but I was scared of the speakles so I couldn't :scared:

But I can now :)

I dont know if Jelena should go for smaller or bigger tournaments after Australia, I think that playing against high ranked people is spurring her on. I just hope she can keep up her level.

Thank God she's back, tennis is interesting again :hearts:

Golovinjured.
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
She doesn't need to play ITF's anymore. That would just be going backwards, but good to see she is committed. She should have played them last year but didn't.
Must stick to WTA from now on, her ranking permits it.

deepsand
Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
haha at all the :speakles:

i really, really, really don't see her playing that either.
probably gonna take a break after fed cup.

but i was thinking today - before i saw this thing about her on the list for a grass itf tournament - that i cannot wait to see her at Wimbledon! well - i actually can - all because she'll be making the quarters at the Aus Open.

doktor
Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
i think were in for a big surprise come claycourt season... remember how much clay tournies and practice she played last year her movement should be pretty good...

Graf~Dokic
Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:44 PM

:lol: :lol: @ you guys.

I don't think she'll play that 25k either.

Babolatpro880
Jan 23rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
I dunno, I wouldn't really mind her playing the 25K since it's on grass and in Australia after being here for like a month already anyway.

cn ireland
Jan 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
I dunno, I wouldn't really mind her playing the 25K since it's on grass and in Australia after being here for like a month already anyway.

No Jelena needs to carry her momentum onto the WTA Tour, playing a 25K now would be of no benefit to her!

Babolatpro880
Jan 23rd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Players ranked higher than Jelena have done the same in the past. It's also economically logical.

Golovinjured.
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:23 PM
Well, it will cost her alot less to stay in Australia playing $25K's. Remember, she has a $60,000 debt. :tape:

doktor
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
yea but even winning the 25K is only worth like 3 grand isn't it?

GeeTee
Jan 24th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah but 50 ranking points (twice as much as last year for a 25k) isn't too bad.

According to the ITF site, Jelena only has about three days to officially withdraw from Mildura...

PS - Mitch, where's your head at? :rolls: :timebomb:

Uranium
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Jelena might actually play singles rubbers at Fed Cup, since she is playing better than Dellacqua, and Dellacqua is good at doubles and can play with Rennae:p

ninanina19
Jan 24th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Well, it will cost her alot less to stay in Australia playing $25K's. Remember, she has a $60,000 debt. :tape:

I'm pretty sure she is going to start earning much more than that from her sponsors soon.

ninanina19
Jan 24th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I'm hoping Jelena can get consistent results for the rest of the year as well. She's obviously playing well here because she's in front of her home crowd and is used to the courts and conditions but what about when she gets out. I wonder how she will do at IW and Miami assuming she plays there (she should get into Q right?). If she could give a good show in those tournaments and the clay court ones, we could see her in the top 50 by Roland Garros.

So Disrespectful
Jan 24th, 2009, 06:36 AM
If Jelena wins tomorrow, she shouldn't have to worry about playing 25ks ever again.

Привет
Jan 24th, 2009, 07:34 AM
^^ Even if she doesn't win tomorrow. How many players who make 4th rounds at Slams play on the ITF tour at all, let alone in 25k's?

Philip
Jan 24th, 2009, 08:15 PM
^^ Even if she doesn't win tomorrow. How many players who make 4th rounds at Slams play on the ITF tour at all, let alone in 25k's?
The ones who have done nothing else but make the 4th round a slam maybe ;)

But yeah, she should move forward not back from this :)

Lennval
Jan 24th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Casey got her ranking playing a lot of 25k, i hope Jelena with her new ranking can make wta events :)

Привет
Jan 25th, 2009, 02:52 AM
The ones who have done nothing else but make the 4th round a slam maybe ;)

But yeah, she should move forward not back from this :)

I see your point. :) But Jelena with her new ranking should definitely be looking to play in WTA qualifying or higher ITFs at the very least.

Havok
Jan 25th, 2009, 05:48 AM
:speakles: I missed the speakles party!:speakles:

Highly doubt Dokic will play that 25K event. She probably even forgot she had entered it.:o

schorsch
Jan 25th, 2009, 07:21 AM
It wouldnt be that bad to go play the challenger. She can iron out her game some more with matchplay blitzing through the draw, win points and win a title and feel confident...

doktor
Jan 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM
i think she should be feeling confident enough... and imagine if she lost...

SM
Jan 25th, 2009, 01:19 PM
well shes going to be ranked about 90 now, she can get direct entry to WTA events now....no need for ITFs! she has beaten 3 players in the top 30 this week!!!!!!

Just Do It
Jan 27th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I just hope she wont disappear now :unsure:

DokicPova
Jan 27th, 2009, 10:20 AM

Exactly. i hope she keeps it up

Just Do It
Jan 27th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I just checked. Fed cup stars on 4th february, so that is next wednesday.

Huntress55
Jan 27th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Well at least she has a little bit of a break now. I think fed cup will only help her even more if she plays some good matches there.

powerbackhand
Jan 27th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Q. Does this result give you the confidence as you approach the bigger tournaments and maybe ask for wild cards and rather than playing some of the smaller events to build your ranking up?

JELENA DOKIC: I don't think I will play any smaller tournaments. I think my ranking itself will get me in enough tournaments. I don't think I will go back and play challenges. I think There's no sense in doing that.

Harvs
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:11 AM
WOOOO no more shitty non-livescoring challengers:)

goroos1994
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Is there an actual schedule sheet on her site like other ones have on their officials or not? Its hard as I don't know when she's playing at what tournament it is.

Golovinjured.
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:25 AM

:sobbing::sobbing:

Well at least she has a little bit of a break now. I think fed cup will only help her even more if she plays some good matches there.

The fact that she's already committed to Fed Cup is most important. Making a schedule and sticking to it.
I think we may even see a better Dokic after Fed Cup, with the influence of David Taylor for a week. Borna has done well to get Jelena in shape, but there's stuff she needs to do on court to make things easier for herself.
She uses that crosscourt forehand WAYYYYYY too much, second serve needs to be safer/more topspin, and she needs to start coming into the net the finish off some of those rallies. She used to have a good net game, and she seems to have lost a lot of that, whether it's panic at the net, or not I don't know.
Taylor will help Jelena, and Borna with that.

...;14879389']WOOOO no more shitty non-livescoring challengers:)

They were kinda fun, though. :hearts:

Golovinjured.
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Jelena needs an official website. :(

goroos1994
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I thought this was one: www.jelena-dokic.com
or is that a fansite?

Golovinjured.
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:32 AM
None are official, it's just all fan stuff.

goroos1994
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Maybe we could find someone to make it? Surely there has to be one for an upcoming top 50 player!

SM
Jan 27th, 2009, 12:03 PM
why wouldnt she wanna play? its not aus open 2006.

she is playing like a top 8 player right now....out of 128 of the worlds best, she made it to the round where 8 remained!! and did better then alot of those who lost in the qtr :worship: BRAVO

she will have the most confidence shes had since probably 2000!:eek:

Just Do It
Jan 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
why wouldnt she wanna play? its not aus open 2006.

she is playing like a top 8 player right now....out of 128 of the worlds best, she made it to the round where 8 remained!! and did better then alot of those who lost in the qtr :worship: BRAVO

she will have the most confidence shes had since probably 2000!:eek:

Because that is Jelena, and you never know with her :scared: :rolleyes:

Just Do It
Jan 27th, 2009, 03:53 PM
So :

4th February Fed Cup
16th February Dubai 46 places out of MD, most likely to get in qualies without a Wild Card.

Of course, she is 2nd in MD of that 25k event, but I doubt she will play ? :unsure: That event is after Fed Cup.

Babolatpro880
Jan 27th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Rosh used to run Jelena's official site, but stopped after a while. jelena-dokic.com is probably the best fansite I've seen for her.

cn ireland
Jan 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
So :

4th February Fed Cup
16th February Dubai 46 places out of MD, most likely to get in qualies without a Wild Card.

Of course, she is 2nd in MD of that 25k event, but I doubt she will play ? :unsure: That event is after Fed Cup.

Jelena said in her press conference that she has no reason to go back to ITFs now and intends to play WTA tournaments now that her ranking is high enough:bounce:!

Don't worry though, if she take a week or 2 off after FED Cup though as I think she'll need a rest;)!

Just Do It
Jan 27th, 2009, 08:23 PM
If she plays Dubai she wont have a week off at all, because she will most probably have to play Dubai qualies on friday.

goroos1994
Jan 27th, 2009, 09:12 PM
I still think we need a Jelena site like Sam's one... i'm having problems keeping up in what tournaments and when she'll be on always going to tennis.com

Philip
Jan 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I dont think Jelena will play Dubai? Surely she'll want a week off after fed cup.

Vulturepova
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I thought this was one: www.jelena-dokic.com
or is that a fansite?

OMG, this brings back memories! I used to look at that site all the time back in the day :D

No more challengers :banana:
Though I liked them cause she usually won them :drool:

GeeTee
Jan 28th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Now that she's unlikely to play ITFs I'd like to see her:

Play Pattaya week after Fed Cup (she'd probably get MD W/Card)
Play Dubai (at least qualifying)
Couple weeks break/training in Monte Carlo
Over to US for the compulsory Indian Wells/Miami tournies

After that it depends who Australia is playing for Fed Cup II a coupla weeks later.

Hope that by this time, her ranking could be around 60.

Golovinjured.
Jan 28th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I think she must base her schedule around Indian Wells and Miami. POINTS BONANZA!

Just Do It
Jan 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I really hope she will not play Pattaya. Even if she would get a MDWC she would have only one day off after fed cup = not good.

Babolatpro880
Jan 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I think she must base her schedule around Indian Wells and Miami. POINTS BONANZA!

Have the entry lists come out for those tournaments yet? Because if not she HAS to play them because the top 100 or whatever are automtically entered.

Golovinjured.
Jan 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Feb 04: Fed Cup
Feb 09: Mildura $25K (1st in MD)
Feb 16: Dubai (46th in alts)
Feb 23: Acapulco (44th in alts)

Lists not out for Indian Wells or Miami so she HAS TO play them.

Larry Scott :hearts:

Ballbasher
Jan 28th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Jelena won't be able to play IW after all [without a hopefully secured WC ;)]

Belmont Lad
Jan 28th, 2009, 05:08 PM
After the Fed Cup (Feb 4-8), Dokic is heading to Memphis to play in a WTA tournament before the $US4.5million Indian Wells tournament in California.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24976887-2722,00.html

Philip
Jan 28th, 2009, 06:43 PM
After the Fed Cup (Feb 4-8), Dokic is heading to Memphis to play in a WTA tournament before the $US4.5million Indian Wells tournament in California.

:bounce:

cn ireland
Jan 28th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Thats great news:bounce:!

Now thats a smart schedule, playing a smaller tournament in the U.S.A. before IW and Miami!

doktor
Jan 29th, 2009, 12:11 AM
No mention of Dokic yet, but a pretty heavy draw... happy that she feels confident enough to play this tournie...

Caroline Wozniacki 12 DEN 07/11/90
Victoria Azarenka 16 BLR 07/31/89
Sofia Arvidsson 55 SWE 02/16/84
Sabine K Lisicki 56 GER 09/22/89
Anne V Keothavong 60 GBR 09/16/83
Lucie Safarova 61 CZE 02/04/87
Pauline B Parmentier 62 FRA 01/31/86
Jill Craybas 64 USA 07/04/74
Alla Kudryavtseva 68 RUS 11/03/87
Marina Erakovic 69 NZL 03/06/88
Kristina Barrois 89 GER 09/30/81
Severine Bremond 93 FRA 08/14/79
Julie Coin 95 FRA 12/02/82
Jarmila Gajdosova 98 SVK 04/26/87
Maria Elena Camerin 101 ITA 03/21/82
Stephanie Cohen-Aloro 103 FRA 03/18/83
Melinda Flipkens 109 BEL 01/10/86
Melanie South 110 GBR 05/03/86
Stephanie Foretz 113 FRA 05/03/81
Ekaterina Bychkova 114 RUS 06/05/85
Julie Ditty 115 USA 01/04/79
Lucie Hradecka 116 CZE 05/21/85
Vavara Lepchenko 120 USA 05/21/86
Michelle Larcher de Brito 129 POR 01/29/93

alex14
Jan 29th, 2009, 05:14 AM
looks like a competitive event, also great to see gajdosova playing there as well.

Sectumsempra
Jan 29th, 2009, 06:00 AM
look at the #1 player in the draw :devil:

Cankarlo
Jan 29th, 2009, 06:42 AM
look at the #1 player in the draw :devil:

yeah, I was thinking of it as well:devil:

DokicForever
Jan 29th, 2009, 08:39 AM
yeah it looks competitive! Good luck jelena! Do your best! Im happy also she feels confident to enter this tournament too

Golovinjured.
Jan 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
So..

Feb 09: **BREAK** (but still committed to Mildura $25K)
Feb 16: Memphis (but not in list, but in Dubai list)
Feb 23: Acapulco..

Привет
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Jela on the WTA! :banana: Even though the highest seed is Wozniacki in Memphis, I'm not expecting Jela to be able to replicate her results in Melbourne every single week on the tour. She had a huge crowd support behind her and everything just seemed to be really clicking for her this week. I'm not saying I don't think she can beat those players again, or even beat even better players, but it's not going to be like she's going to do it week in week out.

Just Do It
Jan 29th, 2009, 10:30 AM
So..

Feb 09: **BREAK** (but still committed to Mildura $25K)
Feb 16: Memphis (but not in list, but in Dubai list)
Feb 23: Acapulco..

Are you sure about it ?
Jelena is 45 out of MD in Acapulco ...

Golovinjured.
Jan 29th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I didn't think she was, maybe she is.

I just read a few of the first pages of this thread, it's like a lifetime ago. So funny how worried we were. LOL

Vulturepova
Jan 29th, 2009, 11:08 AM
So she is playing Memphis then? It doesn't look that scary, I just hope she doesn't meet Caro early cause she might want revenge.

I cant believe she is so far out the MD in Acapulco, Im guessin she would be in MD if her new rank was used? :confused:

auntie janie
Jan 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Jelena finally withdrew from Mildura. :D

cn ireland
Jan 30th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Jelena finally withdrew from Mildura. :D

Thats good news, not that she would've ever played it anyway;)!

Привет
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Jela fans have gone from rueing 25k withdrawals to celebrating them! :banana:

hdfb
Jan 30th, 2009, 11:36 PM
^LOL so true. Times sure have changed.

cn ireland
Jan 31st, 2009, 10:59 AM
Jela fans have gone from rueing 25k withdrawals to celebrating them! :banana:

I know, who would've thought that 12 months ago:lol:!

DokicForever
Jan 31st, 2009, 02:06 PM
lol

DokicPova
Jan 31st, 2009, 02:43 PM
is she playing IW?

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 31st, 2009, 08:19 PM
Tennis is so boring when Jelena isn't playing. Fed Cup please.

Philip
Jan 31st, 2009, 11:51 PM
Tennis is so boring when Jelena isn't playing. Fed Cup please.
:lol: I second that.

What a great two weeks we've all had though :D

deepsand
Feb 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM
what up dudes and dude-ettes?
i've been away from this place for a few days - and i was tryna catch up right now - but i'm a bit distracted coz the men's final is on :S
could someone give me a definitive summary of her schedule? :) thanks in advance.

Golovinjured.
Feb 1st, 2009, 08:42 AM
Feb 09: **BREAK**
Feb 16: Memphis
Feb 23: Acapulco

& Indian Wells

Something like that. :D:D

jela_dokic
Feb 1st, 2009, 05:35 PM
does Jelena will not play in pattaya? when does we now if Jelena will play a singles place on fed cup? any fed cup tie?

cn ireland
Feb 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
Feb 09: **BREAK**
Feb 16: Memphis
Feb 23: Acapulco

& Indian Wells

Something like that. :D:D

I like this schedule:yeah:!

Let's hope she sticks to it:)!

Uranium
Feb 1st, 2009, 06:13 PM
Venus, Flavia and Jelly in Acapulco:inlove:

Going from fast indoors of Memphis to slow clay in Acapulco will be tricky for Jelly.

Golovinjured.
Feb 1st, 2009, 10:24 PM
She might skip Acapulco, and just play Memphis before Indian Wells. :shrug:

doktor
Feb 1st, 2009, 11:27 PM
shes still not on any of the lists for memphis...

Golovinjured.
Feb 1st, 2009, 11:58 PM
She'll have to enter Memphis as a WC, I'd say.

In The Zone
Feb 2nd, 2009, 01:01 AM
Dokic will be getting a WC into Memphis.

IW and Miami are not mandatory for her since she is in qualifying but she will be there. Only the top 84 are automatically entered (12 qualifiers).

Alizé Molik
Feb 2nd, 2009, 03:16 AM
yeah i agree golovinj, I doubt she'll fly all the way to acapulco and then go to IW

xcrtbckhnd
Feb 5th, 2009, 02:12 AM
It would be very strange to throw in a clay court tournament if Jelena is planning on playing IW and Miami thought, right? But it's Jelly, so you never know I guess?

jumpingjoe
Feb 5th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Exciting news Jelena fans....Jelly has accepting a wildcard into the qualifying draw of Memphis. I am sooo excited that Jelena will be coming back to the US...YAHHHHOOOO.
http://sev.prnewswire.com/computer-electronics/20090204/CG6699204022009-1.html

Golovinjured.
Feb 5th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Fuck Yeah :rocker2:

Golovinjured.
Feb 5th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Memphis only has a 16 player qualifying draw, so does this mean she only has to win 2 matches?

Ballbasher
Feb 5th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Yes :)

schorsch
Feb 5th, 2009, 06:58 AM
ah well, at least she'd get more points out of it :p

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Ajde! :armed:

cn ireland
Feb 5th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Great news:bounce:!

SHOO them all aside Jelena;)!

ninanina19
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Will Jelena get into IW qualifying?

Zhao
Feb 6th, 2009, 12:18 AM
she doesn't need to go qualifying in IW right? the main draw is 96 players....

ninanina19
Feb 6th, 2009, 12:38 AM
she doesn't need to go qualifying in IW right? the main draw is 96 players....

The entry list was made before the end of the AO though.

Vulturepova
Feb 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Jelena in Memphis :banana:

Im so greedy now that Jelena is back on WTA, I want her to play every week :drool:

(If she decides to keep a schedule like 2003, this isnt out of the question :unsure:)

DokicPova
Feb 7th, 2009, 05:24 PM
when is her next match (qualy of memphis)?

cn ireland
Feb 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM
when is her next match (qualy of memphis)?

Yes, which should be on next weekend sometime;)!

SM
Feb 9th, 2009, 01:37 PM
SHE MENTIONED HAVING TIME OFF BEFORE INDIAN WELls?? well thats what i read in todays daily telegraph...SAId something like she wants about 2 weeks off before Indian Wells so she can recover from the past few weeks, wise choise :)

SM
Feb 9th, 2009, 01:38 PM
It was an article based on interviews she gave after her last win over diane at fed cup...

jela_dokic
Feb 9th, 2009, 11:26 PM
why Jelena accepted a WC into the Qualy, while her name appear in the main draw players for Memphis?

http://www.rmkchampionships.com/1/players/ take a look at this...:S

~Eclipsed~
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:45 AM
hmm interesting, I know this entry list was originally put together based off her old ranking, but the RMK website has her new ranking listed. I hope this means she is DA into the MD now. :cool:

Ballbasher
Feb 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I really think that's not the Main Draw List, but a list of all players with their new rankings & Jelena still has to play QUallies, I could be wrong very well though! ;)

~Eclipsed~
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Hopefully you are wrong. :p

Ballbasher
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I don't know if I want to be wrong, two quali matches may help her to find some rhythm!

Just Do It
Feb 10th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I don't know if I want to be wrong, two quali matches may help her to find some rhythm!

But she played a lot matches this year :lol:
She should play MD IMO.