PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's schedule?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

cn ireland
Jul 24th, 2008, 06:07 PM
^ That is a good sign, she must be going to US :banana:

I really really hope so but the rational side of me reckons she's just taking another week off to rest cos she's entered for another 25K in Germany the following week :rolleyes:.

It would be great if she finally decided to move it up a level though :D!

Golovinjured.
Jul 25th, 2008, 12:17 AM
That's weird. Surely she shouldn't need 2 weeks rest to compete again, especially after winning her final match 6-0 6-0 :shrug: Maybe she is planning on going to the US, but why wouldn't she withdraw from the next German 25K aswell?

We haven't heard a murmur from MilanDokic in a while :sad:

$uricate
Jul 25th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I suggest we all stop complaining and just be happy she's playing and not buying paprika and tomatoes dressed in rags in some belgrade square.

She knows what she's doing, she doesn't need our suggestions, when she feels she's ready to go back to WTA she will ;)

I agree!

But you know, peasant chique is sooooooooooo in right now :hearts: Maybe she is just riding out that fashion wave in Germany before unleashing the patented Tomato/Ragamuffin look on the Russian public :shrug:

Just Do It
Jul 25th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Maybe she just w/d from that 25k event to have time to go to Berlin on Obama's speech :shrug:

slavicpower
Jul 25th, 2008, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=JustDoIt;13696557]Maybe she just w/d from that 25k event to have time to go to Berlin on Obama's speech :shrug:[/QUOTE

I don't think she'd see eye to eye with Obama considering Jelena is a Seselj supporter hgaha :kiss:

cas-per
Jul 25th, 2008, 01:30 PM
^ Well, that would be the only logical explanation :shrug: But from the other hand, she did not enter a single tournament in US :confused: Maybe she asked for a Wild Card ?
With Jelena,any logical explanation just doesn't exist:sad:,she's
just going with the wind:confused:

cn ireland
Jul 25th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Now I know that this is probably NOT true but i've just read a post on www.jelena-dokic.comthat on another Dokic site a poster had a sighting of JD boarding a plane from Berlin to NY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't blame if it turns out to be lies but i thought everyone would be interested;)

This would be fantastic news if true:)!!!!!!

P.s. when on the site go to forum and then entry lists thread!!!!!!

Just Do It
Jul 25th, 2008, 08:17 PM
So she indeed went to Berlin to see Obama :lol:

Uranium
Jul 25th, 2008, 08:26 PM
interesting:scratch:, but going to Flushing Meadows this early is:tape:, so hopefully she'll enter the challengers here in NY with her WCs:p

Philip
Jul 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Hmmm... Interesting ;)

Golovinjured.
Jul 25th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Oh I hope she has :hearts:

Harvs
Jul 26th, 2008, 12:10 AM
arrrgh how amazing would it be to see her in the USA...:)

Mr.Kardashian
Jul 26th, 2008, 05:24 AM
i hope it is true ;)

So Disrespectful
Jul 26th, 2008, 06:22 AM
So someone who just happens to be a fan of Jelena, just happened to be at the Berlin airport right as she was boarding, and was at the same gate or nearby to where Jelena boarded, despite having no prior knowledge of Jelena's plans and in spite of the fact that this person also had a different fight/destination? Coincidentally, this person also posts on her website.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seems a bit too ideal. While saying that, I'm somehow convinced in the back of my mind that she is in NY. :lol:

Harvs
Jul 26th, 2008, 06:29 AM
So someone who just happens to be a fan of Jelena, just happened to be at the Berlin airport right as she was boarding, and was at the same gate or nearby to where Jelena boarded, despite having no prior knowledge of Jelena's plans and in spite of the fact that this person also had a different fight/destination? Coincidentally, this person also posts on her website.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seems a bit too ideal. While saying that, I'm somehow convinced in the back of my mind that she is in NY. :lol:

i feel the exact same way haha

cn ireland
Jul 27th, 2008, 01:18 PM

I completely agree with you too;). I don't think its true but i'm really hoping that she's in the USA at the moment:D

martinafan
Jul 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM
i hope she's already been guarenteed a WC for the bronx challenger, cause she's NOT on the entry list for it on the ITF website.

I'm VERY confused as to her plans now?!?!?!?!?!?!

cn ireland
Jul 27th, 2008, 01:48 PM
i hope she's already been guarenteed a WC for the bronx challenger, cause she's NOT on the entry list for it on the ITF website.

I'm VERY confused as to her plans now?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think all Dokic fans can agree with you there :lol:!

I'm just hoping that she'll play USO qualies:D.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 27th, 2008, 02:50 PM
So we have no idea if Jelena is even playing this week, right?

Just Do It
Jul 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
No, Jelena did not enter a single tournament before US OPEN ( not counting German 25k and Russian 50k ). I am hoping she will get a WC for Cincinnati, starting 11th August.

cas-per
Jul 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Maybe she's playing in Beijing:shrug:

DokDi
Jul 27th, 2008, 03:31 PM
From Dokic live-chat:

karoline: Hello. Im not sure who might be interested, but i saw Jelena in New York airport - JFK airport. I was going on holiday, can't believe i saw her!!! she had many people around her though

Freakan
Jul 27th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Seems that Jelena has fans at every airport in the world :tape:

King Aaron
Jul 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Seems that Jelena has fans at every airport in the world :tape:
:o :lol: Yeah. Someone should post and say they saw her in Beijing's airport next?

muniu
Jul 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM
It's a little bit unreal for me , hope it's true though :shrug:

jela_dokic
Jul 27th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I hope she will get a WC for Cincinaty or at least to practice to the US Open Qually

Good Luck Jela!!!

cn ireland
Jul 27th, 2008, 08:12 PM
From Dokic live-chat:

karoline: Hello. Im not sure who might be interested, but i saw Jelena in New York airport - JFK airport. I was going on holiday, can't believe i saw her!!! she had many people around her though

Oh please let this be true :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Darop.
Jul 27th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah right :haha:

Philip
Jul 28th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I saw Jelena boarding at Leeds-Bradford airport on a flight heading towards Benidorm.

Maybe shes decided to take a holiday? :shrug:

;)

Golovinjured.
Jul 28th, 2008, 01:37 AM
:spit: I get the feeling this is very.. um.. bullshit :lol:

SM
Jul 28th, 2008, 07:30 AM
i saw her boarding a space shuttle, destination uranus

azza
Jul 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I saw her peaking of her nut at ARQ she was being all lesbian and getting it on to I kissed a girl By Kate Perry.

True story.

$uricate
Jul 28th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I saw her at the airport heading to Valencia, when I asked her camp at the check-in they said something about this; http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/spanish-festivals/la-tomatina-tomato-battle-bunyol.htm

Maybe she is heading out early to get some practice in :shrug:

Golovinjured.
Jul 28th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Jelena is quite the lesbian jet setter. I thought that new haircut looked questionable dyke-ish ;)

On a good note, check this out. Go to the Tennis Australia home page, and go right down the bottom of the page in the middle :) Jelena is #5 Aussie girl on rankings and on homepage.

Top 5 Men Top 5 Women
1 Lleyton Hewitt 28 1 Casey Dellacqua 39
2 Chris Guccione 91 2 Samantha Stosur 78
3 Joe Sirianni 147 3 Alicia Molik 141
4 Robert Smeets 148 4 Jessica Moore 181
5 Peter Luczak 153 5 Jelena Dokic 185

So Disrespectful
Jul 28th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Soon to be number 3 :)

Slutati
Jul 28th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Well at least no one saw her buying paprikas and tomatoes again :bigcry::sobbing:

$uricate
Jul 28th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Well at least no one saw her buying paprikas and tomatoes again :bigcry::sobbing:

I dont want to alarm you Marko, but when I met her she did smell a bit like bolognaise :unsure:

jela_dokic
Jul 28th, 2008, 04:25 PM
please, say something that will be true....

Where the hell is Jelena right now? Is she in NYC?

Slutati
Jul 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I dont want to alarm you Marko, but when I met her she did smell a bit like bolognaise :unsure:
:spit::haha:
Ohnoes :sobbing::bigcry:

Philip
Jul 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
We need Milan! :p

vutt
Jul 28th, 2008, 09:03 PM

You forgot rags :angel:

MilanDokic
Jul 28th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Hi People!

I sent a text message to Sava yesterday, who is with Jelena now, and I hadn't been received an answer, what is very strange...

He always replies to me quickly!

DokDi
Jul 29th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Something strange is really going in here...:eek: , though we know for sure that nobody saw her at Berlin Airport. One of the idiots at Dokic-chat confessed.:sad:

"Gilles: Ok ok. I made it all up. I was just bored and hoped to get some excitement out of this. My mind is strange. But I'm not karoline? Someone joined in on my joke without me even knowing."

DokDi
Jul 29th, 2008, 09:24 AM
OMG, it starts to get even stranger.

Dokic has withdrawn from $50,000 Penza, Russia

But is still on the entrylist for $25,000 Hechingen

martinafan
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:07 AM
OMG, it starts to get even stranger.

Dokic has withdrawn from $50,000 Penza, Russia

But is still on the entrylist for $25,000 Hechingen

Yep - extremely confused now!

Golovinjured.
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Ok, so as of right now Jelena is only entered into 2 events in the near future. This German 25K and the US Open? This is so weird, hopefully after this 25K she starts some hardcore hardcourt training :bounce: But hopefully she finds some competitive matches somewhere.

Savo texted back yet Milan?

$uricate
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I hate it when this happens :(

She starts putting the pieces together and then all of a sudden she disappears.
Curse that she-devil for putting a spell on me and making me care so much :sobbing:

Mr.Kardashian
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:49 AM
have some patience guys.... but i know its frustrating not knowing...

Привет
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:52 AM
:rolls: @ Suricate's avatar. I knew something was wrong with the picture but I had to look twice to see that it's actually Jelena's face.

Привет
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
This normally happens and then something wack happens and suddenly Jelena's logic is revealed to her fans. Either that or we don't hear from her for months and start to make up stories about vegetables and spice.

Just Do It
Jul 29th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Well it makes sense, maybe she will play next week in Germany and then have one week off before US open qualies. Forget it, she is not playing any hard court warm up before US OPEN :lol:

Dokic-Fan
Jul 29th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I think it's the best Jelena could have done, when she withdrew from that 50k event in Russia. If she won that tournament, she would have had to travel straight to the US to play quallies... She would have had only one or two days off. :(

Now, she'll take her 4th title of the year in Hechingen next week and then travel to NYC for US Open quallies. Good schedule, Jelena! :bounce:

Philip
Jul 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM
lol some people here make me laugh :p

the fact is we cant expect jelena to play every week on the itf tour, otherwise surely she'll burn out.

lets just pray she is in the US Quallies and maybe plays that 25k the week before. ;)

doktor
Jul 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
She's so freakin confusing!!! But lets not get too down on her, its only been like a week since she won in Darmstadt... i hope she plays US Open Qualies... And gets to the first round... imagine Jelena Dokic on TV!!! Again...

King Aaron
Jul 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM
She better play that German $25K. :armed:

cn ireland
Jul 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Something strange is really going in here...:eek: , though we know for sure that nobody saw her at Berlin Airport. One of the idiots at Dokic-chat confessed.:sad:

"Gilles: Ok ok. I made it all up. I was just bored and hoped to get some excitement out of this. My mind is strange. But I'm not karoline? Someone joined in on my joke without me even knowing."

As expected but let's hope she will be seen in NYC in the next few weeks:D.

As for Jelena's schedule, she's entered a 25K event in Moscow the week of USO qualies but its only down as a priority 2 (and she's not on the entry lists for any other itf event that week) so hopefully Priority 1 is USO:bounce:!

jumpingjoe
Jul 29th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but Jelena has already withdrawn from her priority 1 the week of the US Open Qualies. If you look at the list for the 25K event in Belguim (hardcourt)you will see that Jelena actually withdrew on the 23rd of July. :confused:

Slutati
Jul 29th, 2008, 07:51 PM
what? Ohnoes :bigcry:

Freakan
Jul 29th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Players set their priorities only between ITF's. There are no priorities for WTA tournaments, so this means nothing :)

Slutati
Jul 29th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Phew! Well ok then. Go Jeca :banana::bounce:

Just Do It
Jul 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM
What ? :unsure:

$uricate
Jul 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM
OMG! I never even realised Jelena had won Darmstadt the other week :lol: :crazy:

I was on holiday at the time with no internet access, I was confused when everyone said she won her last match in a double-bagel :scratch:

:woohoo: Go Jelena!

Im happy again! And Im never going on holiday ever again!

However I have been away for 3 weeks this year and Jelena won her 3 ITF titles in those weeks, maybe its like the butterfly effect or something? Maybe I need to go away again soon :D

Golovinjured.
Jul 30th, 2008, 10:01 AM
OMG! I never even realised Jelena had won Darmstadt the other week :lol: :crazy:

I was on holiday at the time with no internet access, I was confused when everyone said she won her last match in a double-bagel :scratch:

However I have been away for 3 weeks this year and Jelena won her 3 ITF titles in those weeks, maybe its like the butterfly effect or something? Maybe I need to go away again soon :D

Around US Open time is a good time of year. ;)

So next week she's scheduled to play this German $25K, the week after will be a rest, and then midway through the next week US Open qualifying starts? Hopefully she hits the hardcourts as soon as she wins this German $25K :p It would have been very good to see her commit to a leadup event, but I guess it will do as long as she gets sufficient practice on the surface.

Anyway, if she doesn't play ever again in her whole life, atleast Jelena went out with a 6-0 6-0 win :)

Mr.Kardashian
Jul 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
i dont think we will see her at the us open unfortunately... she seems to be sticking to a patient plan this year of gaining matches, ranking points, prizemoney and confidence but hopefully we will see her on the wta or higher itf events in the near future. if not this year then in Australia in January so I can see her =)

Golovinjured.
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Honest to god I believe Jelena will play the US Open - purely because she has so little commitments over the next month or so.

Freakan
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I think she will play at USO - just to try to do well in bigger tournament once again. If she does well, she'll probably try to play WTA tournaments, if not - she'll go back to ITF's.

Just Do It
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM

Just disappear and never come back :unsure:

j/k

Daniel K
Jul 30th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Hmm yeah i think she'll play this German 25k and then fly over. That would make sense. Although Jelena isn't none for her sensible decisions. Then hopefully she'll play quallies at some of the European indoor events which wouldn't involve too much traveling.

DokDi
Jul 30th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Jelena has withdrawn from $25,000 Moscow 4-Multisport, Russia!
Same week as the US Open qualification.

It looks like she has finally made her decision!:bounce:

muniu
Jul 30th, 2008, 03:04 PM
:unsure:

$uricate
Jul 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Just disappear and never come back :unsure:

j/k

:sobbing:

I'll leave during the US Open qualies and see what happens ;)

cosmic
Jul 30th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Oh, I sooooooo want Jelena to play the USO! :bounce: Don't know why, but I gotta feeling she'll play it. :hearts::hearts::hearts:

King Aaron
Jul 30th, 2008, 04:43 PM

Was just going to say it's a matter of time before she withdraws from this event and before I can say it, she's already withdrawn. ;) :hearts:

Win the next $25K and then go to the States to kick butt Jelena! :kiss:

cn ireland
Jul 30th, 2008, 08:42 PM

Please let this mean that she's going to play USO qualies:bounce:.

OZTENNIS
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:32 PM
:bounce:
Jelena has entered in the 2008 Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic in Bali :bounce:
She is No.63 on the alternates list.

HOPE SHE CAN PLAY :D

cosmic
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:46 PM
That is just great! :bounce: Hope Jelena will kick some asses over there. :devil: When does Bali start?

Harvs
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:52 PM
aaaaaaaaaaargh! YES YES YES YES YES!

auntie janie
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:56 PM
It's great to finally see her name on a WTA entry list. I hope she won't withdraw!

Havok
Jul 31st, 2008, 01:35 AM
Awesome. Come on Jelena, please play the USO Qualies and don't withdraw from Bali.

hdfb
Jul 31st, 2008, 01:47 AM
So this is so confuzzling.

Next week she will play 25K in Germany
Week after is US Open qualies
And then Bali in the week after the end of US Open.

Is that right?

Uranium
Jul 31st, 2008, 01:52 AM
So this is so confuzzling.

Next week she will play 25K in Germany
Week after is US Open qualies
And then Bali in the week after the end of US Open.

Is that right?

she better withdraw from Germany, but will probably get another fine:o

Golovinjured.
Jul 31st, 2008, 03:46 AM
OMG SHE ENTERED A WTA EVENT! OMG OMG OMG

This has made my day!

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:13 AM
So her schedule now is:

Aug 4-11 German 25K
Aug 11-18 week off

then I guess she'll have a couple more days off and US Open quallies will start midweek on Wed or Thu, Aug 20 or 21 (i think)

Sounds good to me. Although ideally she should screw the German 25K and enter the Bronx event as a warmup on the week of Aug 11. She'll have no hardcourt matchplay under her belt, its unfortunate.

Havok
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:49 AM
Dave, were you by any chance at the Roger's cup on Tuesday afternoon? Red shirt, white shorts with some blue print on it?:scared: With another dude with a red shirt and blue pants?:weirdo:

Thought I saw someone that resembled you, but I was far up; bought the cheap seast since I bought for 4 straight days.:lol:

Anyways speaking of Dokic, yes she is retarded going into the USO qualies without playing any hardcourt matches since her 2r exit from the Aussie Open qualies in the month of JANUARY. Hopefully the time between the German ITF and the start of the USO Qualies is enough time for her to have some tough practices on the hardcourts before she tries to qualify for the USO.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:55 AM
Dave, were you by any chance at the Roger's cup on Tuesday afternoon? Red shirt, white shorts with some blue print on it?:scared: With another dude with a red shirt and blue pants?:weirdo:

Thought I saw someone that resembled you, but I was far up; bought the cheap seast since I bought for 4 straight days.:lol:
Was there Monday and Tuesday but wasn't wearing red, and didn't have CC tickets, wasnt really interested in the lineups so stuck to BN and the outer courts. Didn't go today but I'm gonna be there tomorrow. You going?

Havok
Jul 31st, 2008, 05:00 AM
Yup going tomorrow and Friday. I bought my tickets all in one shot on Tuesday. CC usually sucks during the first 3 days, but whatever. Haven't really ventured to the outer courts this year, pretty much planted myself at CC or BN. Nobody on the outer courts has pulled my attention more than those on either CC or BN.

BN was jam packed for the Safina/Rodionova match this morning, CC was probably empty for the shit that was Schnyder/Nicolescu.:rolls:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 31st, 2008, 05:15 AM
Yup going tomorrow and Friday. I bought my tickets all in one shot on Tuesday. CC usually sucks during the first 3 days, but whatever. Haven't really ventured to the outer courts this year, pretty much planted myself at CC or BN. Nobody on the outer courts has pulled my attention more than those on either CC or BN.

BN was jam packed for the Safina/Rodionova match this morning, CC was probably empty for the shit that was Schnyder/Nicolescu.:rolls:
LMAO. BN and the outer courts have been really fun so never bothered with CC. Watched Stevenson's first doubles match pis talked to her for 10 secs and got her autograph, gonna watch her against Zvonareva's team at 11am demain on court 9. :haha: Excited for that. Might have a hookup for free CC tickets but if not I'll be sticking to BN the rest of the day, the lineup is tres fun.

Maybe I'll see you la la.

martinafan
Jul 31st, 2008, 11:56 AM
that's fantastic news that Jelena has entered Bali! :bounce:

Also that will hopefully mean that she'll be doing the asian indoor swing at the end of the year....a good 4 tournaments in asia at the end of the year would be amazing!

Just Do It
Jul 31st, 2008, 12:29 PM
That is amazing :yeah: 25k - USO - Bali :yeah:

scottsue
Jul 31st, 2008, 01:02 PM
Be great if she did play Bali!

King Aaron
Jul 31st, 2008, 05:17 PM
:woohoo: Is she finally moving up a level? I hope she is.

Anyone know what was last year's cut-off at Bali? :confused:

cn ireland
Jul 31st, 2008, 05:22 PM
Its fantastic news that Jelena is on the entry list for Bali :banana:

Hopefully she now feels ready to compete at WTA level again, starting with the USO :bounce:.

Ballbasher
Jul 31st, 2008, 10:32 PM
It's not on the sheet :confused:
But Shengnan Sun got in directly and her career-high was #233.

Ballbasher
Jul 31st, 2008, 10:33 PM
Jelena seemed also very confident and relaxed after the final saying: I have to say that I hope that I won't be back next year. :lol:

Philip
Aug 1st, 2008, 12:07 AM
Jelena seemed also very confident and relaxed after the final saying: I have to say that I hope that I won't be back next year. :lol:
This was after Darmstadt? :lol:

Thats a good sign lol.

Slutati
Aug 1st, 2008, 12:37 AM
OMG :hearts:
That's so cool, we all hope so Jelena :worship:

Golovinjured.
Aug 1st, 2008, 09:38 AM
I want Milan news :D

I really hope Jelena starts playing the WTA again, it seems like thats the plan, but it'd be nice to get some sort of reassurance.

$uricate
Aug 1st, 2008, 09:45 AM

Shes still a bitch :hearts:

Just Do It
Aug 1st, 2008, 12:33 PM

Really ? :tape:

Ballbasher
Aug 1st, 2008, 01:17 PM
Yes ;)

cn ireland
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM

I love this comment from Jelena, shows that she's motivated to get back to WTA level again :hearts:

So Disrespectful
Aug 1st, 2008, 03:56 PM
US Open and Bali :worship:

King Aaron
Aug 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
It's not on the sheet :confused:
But Shengnan Sun got in directly and her career-high was #233.
:) Jelena will most likely get in directly then.

:lol: :hearts:

Привет
Aug 2nd, 2008, 03:20 AM
Can't wait for US Open qualies and Bali! :yippee:

ozfan44
Aug 2nd, 2008, 10:04 AM

ill second that!! :worship:

$uricate
Aug 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM

Im gonna have to third that too then! :lol: :bounce:

slavicpower
Aug 4th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I have a feeling Jelena withdrew from Hechingen :eek:. I know there will be one lucky loser

martinafan
Aug 4th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I have a feeling Jelena withdrew from Hechingen :eek:. I know there will be one lucky loser

well according to the ITF site she is in the draw as the second seed.....

cn ireland
Aug 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Good to see that Jelena is due to play again this although its not known who she'll play yet.

Good Luck JD, hope she wins the title and leaves ITFs behind :bounce:.

Ballbasher
Aug 4th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I feel like Jelena will withdraw too :unsure:
Please Don't:)

cn ireland
Aug 4th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I feel like Jelena will withdraw too :unsure:
Please Don't:)

I don't think she will but part of me is afraid that she'll play and get injured causing her to miss USO qualies.

So JD if you don't feel 100% at anytime during the tournament: Withdraw!!! USO is more important;)

Just Do It
Aug 4th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I also think she'll w/d. MD should be out soon, so we'll see.

Ballbasher
Aug 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Main Draw was already out when I posted it ;) I still think she'll withdraw! :unsure:

jela_dokic
Aug 5th, 2008, 05:09 AM
It´s the same to me, I think that Jelena needs more confidence on her game, to have the chance to go to NYC and show her wonderfull way of play and get some important points...:D

Good luck Jelena....wherever you are!

Love ya!

$uricate
Aug 5th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I hope she plays this week. I am just excited, no matter where she is playing.

I was thinking today about how, if Jelena were to play consistently, like she has been doing this year, surely she can get somewhere near her best level over time :shrug:

There is no way you can be number 4 in the world and then never have good results again. To me lack of momentum was the main problem these last 4 years. I really hope Im right :unsure:

Mr.Kardashian
Aug 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM
i agree.... with some consistent training, a genuine commitment to the game and some momentum elevating her onto the wta events more regularly, Jelena could be a top 50 player this time next year without a doubt.

cn ireland
Aug 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Just an entry list update (WTA :D)

Bali: ALT #49

Guanghzou: ALT #49

cn ireland
Aug 6th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Jelena is on the entry list for a WTA event in China in September. She's currently alternate #53:D!

Philip
Aug 6th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Its great shes on the WTA lists, but im worried her plans may change now she lost early in the 25K today :scared:

cn ireland
Aug 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Its great shes on the WTA lists, but im worried her plans may change now she lost early in the 25K today :scared:

So am I:confused:. But hopefully she'll just put it down to a bad loss and continue on with her schedule. It'd be a shame if she didn't play the USO just because of 1 loss.

I suppose only time will tell as to how Jelena reacts to this defeat!!

jela_dokic
Aug 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Jelena, please go to the US Open...will be a better training for you...:D

Good luck in NYC...:D

And then Bali and China...:D

Freakan
Aug 6th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Jelena committed to 25k in Katowice on 25th August :eek: It's the same week as 1st week of US Open :o Now I'm really torn - I want her to play USO qualies and to qualify but on the other hand if she plays in Katowice I might be able to go there and see her...

hdfb
Aug 7th, 2008, 03:04 AM
^Is there a priority for that?

DokDi
Aug 7th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Priority 1.

Mr.Kardashian
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Where is Katowice??

Just Do It
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:53 AM
^ Poland :o

I am glad she entered that Chinese event after Bali :yeah:

ce
Aug 7th, 2008, 01:24 PM
guys i dont think she is playing Us Open

cn ireland
Aug 7th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Jelena committed to 25k in Katowice on 25th August :eek: It's the same week as 1st week of US Open :o Now I'm really torn - I want her to play USO qualies and to qualify but on the other hand if she plays in Katowice I might be able to go there and see her...

This is a really strange decision from Jelena:eek:. I really hope that she had committed to this along time ago in case she didn't make USO qualies:rolleyes:.

Anyway at this moment in time she is still on the USO entry list which is a good sign:).

cas-per
Aug 7th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Ana Jovanovic and some other players are still on entry list,and Ana(also priority 1 Katovice) will play us open Q,she announced on press conference.Deadline for Katovice is 12.08.
Jelena will probably play us open,and tournaments in Asia.
And for me, first round result, was more than expected.

Slutati
Aug 7th, 2008, 11:46 PM
We are bitching way to much tbh, we should just be happy she's playing :sobbing:

Dominic
Aug 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM
We are bitching way to much tbh, we should just be happy she's playing :sobbing:

I definately don't agree with that. We all know Jelena has the talent to be a lot better ranked than that and her scheduling is often incredibly stupid so it is frustrating.

Havok
Aug 9th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Well I like the fact that she's actually taking some weeks off between playing. That was one of the many things that plagued her during her downfall; she played 24/7 and never took proper breaks from the tour.

$uricate
Aug 11th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Im not sure about this Katowice thing :unsure:

I thought at first that maybe she would play here if she didn't qualify for USO, but why would she fly all the way to Poland for a 25K then travel to Asia for the following events :scratch:

I really wish she had at least tried some events in the US before trying to qualify for a slam.

Ballbasher
Aug 11th, 2008, 09:12 PM
She won't go to the US at all; she's out of New York!

Fretchap
Aug 11th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Jelena :sad: Gonna have to wait for the FO to see her in another GS than the AO :sad:

muniu
Aug 11th, 2008, 10:59 PM
pls Jelena come to Katowice :eek: I want to see you !! :woohoo:

Harvs
Aug 11th, 2008, 11:17 PM
idiot.

OZTENNIS
Aug 11th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Well really that was expected, no warm up tournaments, no WTA matches since May...so yeah :sad:

Slutati
Aug 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM
NOOOOOO :bigcry::sobbing::sad:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 12th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Yawn.

Mr.Kardashian
Aug 12th, 2008, 10:51 AM
at least she is being patient... i think we will see her at the slams next season

cn ireland
Aug 12th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I'm really annoyed and disappointed with Jelena for withdrawing from USO because she could've at least won a match or 2 and maybe even qualified :sad: :sad: :sad:!

cn ireland
Aug 12th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Jelena is on the entry lists for 2 ITF events for the week commencing 1st September:

50K Slovenia: Qualies #8 Priority 1
75K France: Qualies #18 Priority 2

Darop.
Aug 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM
For the last time:

EVERYONE SHUT UP AND BE HAPPY SHE'S PLAYING!!!!

Sorry, just felt I needed to remind people of that. When she feels she's beyond the 25k stage, she'll stop playing them. I know someone who talked to her in Florence, and apparently Jelena said that she wants to be able to beat these players easily, consistently, and even when seh's having a bad day before going on to higher tier tournaments.

If she played the USO quallies and lost second round, that would really do nothing for her ranking nor her confidence.

Babolatpro880
Aug 12th, 2008, 06:30 PM
For the last time:

EVERYONE SHUT UP AND BE HAPPY SHE'S PLAYING!!!!

Sorry, just felt I needed to remind people of that. When she feels she's beyond the 25k stage, she'll stop playing them. I know someone who talked to her in Florence, and apparently Jelena said that she wants to be able to beat these players easily, consistently, and even when seh's having a bad day before going on to higher tier tournaments.

If she played the USO quallies and lost second round, that would really do nothing for her ranking nor her confidence.

I totally agree with that. This is Jelena's comeback, and we're disappointed because she's finally doing it the right way and not rushing it?

The US Open could potentially have helped her ranking quite a bit. For example, if she qualified and managed to get a good first round draw and win a match, she would earn around 90 points- good to bring her up to around 133. However, there would also be the potential for a repeat of Australia, losing early in the qualifying and getting disappointed and taking another long layoff. She is going about this the right way, and seems to be looking to move up the challenger circuit by committing to 50 and 75Ks. I don't think she's ready to make the step to WTA events personally, so I'm pleased that she is going to continue plugging away in the challengers.

Babolatpro880
Aug 12th, 2008, 06:34 PM
And a couple other positive notes: Jelena has won 80% of the matches she has played this year!

And she has also earned the 6th most points in 25K challengers this year in only five events. The top four have 13, 9, 8, and 11 events respectively!

King Aaron
Aug 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I'm not surprised. But it's disappointing to know nonetheless. I so can't wait for her to start kicking ass on the WTA again. :( I guess patience is a virtue.

Philip
Aug 12th, 2008, 07:15 PM
i guess this has positives and the obvious negatives for us.

at least shes doing it on her own terms, i mean just playing the majority of itfs this year has got her back in the 180s. I'd rather this than just getting WCs to WTA and GS and getting nowhere.

hmmmm...
I think my heart told me she she would be back and competing at top level by now, cracking the top 50. obviously the head says something different.

Roll on AO09 ;)

Harvs
Aug 12th, 2008, 10:50 PM
i think its very disapointing. playing 25k challengers each week can only do you so well...

JD should have played the US Open, stupid girl:sad:

Uranium
Aug 12th, 2008, 11:57 PM
She's so stupid:fiery:, I wonder if she makes the decisions or her coach:rolleyes:

Havok
Aug 13th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Jelena is on the entry lists for 2 ITF events for the week commencing 1st September:

50K Slovenia: Qualies #8 Priority 1
75K France: Qualies #18 Priority 2
Wow she signed up for a 50K and 75K. Maybe she's done with these silly 25K events.:banana:

~Eclipsed~
Aug 13th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Wow she signed up for a 50K and 75K. Maybe she's done with these silly 25K events.:banana:

Let's hope so. :)

Now if only she could get away from clay...

Philip
Aug 13th, 2008, 04:19 PM

Maybe shes eyeing up that RG title next year? ;)

cn ireland
Aug 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Maybe shes eyeing up that RG title next year? ;)

Now that Henin's retired she can see a clear run to the title;).

Slutati
Aug 13th, 2008, 05:20 PM
:eek: Where in Slovenia is that tournament? :)

Havok
Aug 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM

:lol:

Honestly I don't really mind the fact that she's been playing on clay so much. Longer rallies, so it will get her fit much faster. Plus playing on clay is probably the most mentally challenging surface since you need to concentrate much more because of the longer rallies. Improves your strokes quicker also because you hit more balls during your match.

Though eventually I do hope she starts to hit the hardcourts because her results will be much better than on clay.;)

cn ireland
Aug 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM
:eek: Where in Slovenia is that tournament? :)

Maribor:D!

louloubelle
Aug 14th, 2008, 01:50 PM

Honestly I don't really mind the fact that she's been playing on clay so much. Longer rallies, so it will get her fit much faster. Plus playing on clay is probably the most mentally challenging surface since you need to concentrate much more because of the longer rallies. Improves your strokes quicker also because you hit more balls during your match.

Though eventually I do hope she starts to hit the hardcourts because her results will be much better than on clay.;)
Good point - I expect she feels that her game isn't quite 'on' to tackle a slam as yet and therefore is building stamina and her strokes for 2009.

~Eclipsed~
Aug 14th, 2008, 07:37 PM

Good points. :yeah:

So maybe one could say her scheduling is smart.

Slutati
Aug 14th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Maribor:D!
Ugh too bad. :( If it was in Ljubljana I could go. :sad:
Jelena in Slovenia :inlove:

Just Do It
Aug 15th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I just got back home and saw She w/d from USO :speakles:

Can anyone give us a list of all events Jelena entered ?

cn ireland
Aug 15th, 2008, 06:24 PM
August 25th : 25K Katowice (Poland) MD #1 Priority 1

September 1st: 50K Maribor (Slovenia) Q #2 Priority 1

September 15th: WTA Guangzhou (China) Alt #28
WTA Tokyo (Japan) Alt #52

September 22nd: WTA Seoul (Korea) Alt #36

Just Do It
Aug 15th, 2008, 06:26 PM
^ :lol: She wont play those events in Asia, it would be ridiculous not to play USO and then to go to Asia.

cn ireland
Aug 15th, 2008, 06:32 PM
^ :lol: She wont play those events in Asia, it would be ridiculous not to play USO and then to go to Asia.

I doubt she'll play either, it wouldn't make sense but then again it is Jelena :lol:.

Just found out that Jelena has also entered a WTA event in Seoul the week commencing Sept 22nd. She's ALT #36:D.

auntie janie
Aug 15th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I haven't checked in a while to see if JD is still on the entry lists for the WTA events but i'll be optimistic and presume she is:D!

Yep, she's signing up for all of them now, even Tier 2 Beijing and Tier 1 Tokyo. :yeah: This is a big change from a few weeks ago when she wasn't signing up for any WTA events, not even the Tier 4s.

So I do have some hope that she'll do her own Asian swing and hit at least a couple of these upcoming events. Maybe she just wants to return to the Tour a little bit away from the spotlight of Europe or the US. As always with Jelena, we'll just have to wait and see when the draws come out, because I doubt we'll be seeing any interviews!

Just Do It
Aug 15th, 2008, 08:05 PM
^ But what's the point of playing them when she is not going to US OPEN. She is so weird :confused:

cosmic
Aug 15th, 2008, 09:29 PM
If she had gone to play a Grand Slam after playing all these 25K's, it would have been soooo wierd. I think she's made such a smart choise choosing to play lower WTA tournies in Asia. It's not such a strong field over there in Asia, and I think that Jelena has a good chance there. Go, go, JD! :yeah:

Philip
Aug 16th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I hopes she plays those WTAs!!

Mr.Kardashian
Aug 16th, 2008, 12:20 PM
its not that wierd... she is slowly working her way up and a slam might be too much at this stage in her mind... im so excited about the asian circuit!

JellyDelight
Aug 16th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I must say, I'd have loved to see Jelena playing in a GS.

However, I think she has got her sensible head on, when signing up to play other WTA events. This I feel is her best option for a long term strategy to get back to where she belongs!

I'm thinking tortoise vs hare here!!! :D

$uricate
Aug 16th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Jelena is gonna play more Asian events?

Please b true! I can see why she skipped the US Open, and is gonna play WTA later though, it makes more sense.

Go JD! :banana:

cn ireland
Aug 16th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I don't want to get my hopes up too much but the fact that she's entering alot of Asian events may suggest she'll play some of them but I think she'll need some wildcards:D!

cosmic
Aug 16th, 2008, 11:39 PM
She can play qualies, she doesn't need a WC for that. At least, I hope so.:angel:

scottsue
Aug 17th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I would love to see her playing in Asia! She is very popular in Hong Kong after doing well in the Watson's Water Challenge a few years back!

cn ireland
Aug 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
She can play qualies, she doesn't need a WC for that. At least, I hope so.:angel:

Well she's only in the ALT list for most of them at the moment, but i'm sure there'll be many withdrawals over the next few weeks so she might get into qualies without 1:D.

~Eclipsed~
Aug 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Well she's only in the ALT list for most of them at the moment, but i'm sure there'll be many withdrawals over the next few weeks so she might get into qualies without 1:D.

Definitely. Have you ever seen some of the qualifying draws after the USO for the Asian tournaments. :tape:

cn ireland
Aug 18th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Jelena has withdrawn from the 75K event in France from Sept 1 but is still on the entry list for the 50K event in Slovenia the same week.

ce
Aug 18th, 2008, 02:27 PM
:scared:
she is going to Slovenia,so close,yet so far away :sobbing:

cn ireland
Aug 18th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Just found out that Jelena has also withdrawn from the WTA event in Bali :sad:.

Harvs
Aug 18th, 2008, 10:46 PM
omg im going to find this girl and give her a clubbing.:lol:

but seriously...:o:mad::fiery:

auntie janie
Aug 18th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Just found out that Jelena has also withdrawn from the WTA event in Bali :sad:.

Not good. :(

cosmic
Aug 19th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I just hate to see her w/d-ing from any tourney, especially WTA tournies... But who knows why she's doing it... Maybe she's planing her schedule for a change. :smash:

Uranium
Aug 19th, 2008, 12:28 AM
That 1st round straight set loss in the 25K is scaring me now:unsure:

fouc
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:20 AM
is it confirm that dokic is to play in 25k Katowice, Poland 25-31 Aug? i would love to see her, but on the other hand that would be a rather weird decision

Havok
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Ugh Jelena please stop withdrawing from tournaments!

~Eclipsed~
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Jelena has withdrawn from the 75K event in France from Sept 1 but is still on the entry list for the 50K event in Slovenia the same week.

She was probably withdrawn automatically since she is further up the list for Slovenia. ;)

OZTENNIS
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Jelena :scared:
Hope she plays somewhere soon

Just Do It
Aug 19th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Jelena enteres Athens 100k +H starting 8th September :hearts: Priority 1 :hearts:

cn ireland
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Jelena enteres Athens 100k +H starting 8th September :hearts: Priority 1 :hearts:

Yes this is great news:bounce:. Hope she plays here:hearts:

cn ireland
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Updated Entry Lists

August 25th: 25K Katowice, Poland. MD #1 Priority 1

September 1st: 50K Maribor, Slovenia. MD #8 Priority 1

September 8th: 100K +H Athens, Greece. ALT #8 Priority 1

September 15th: WTA Guagzhou, China. ALT #28
WTA Tokyo, Japan. ALT #52

September 22nd: WTA Korea, South Korea. ALT #36
WTA Beijing, China. ALT # 58 Priority 2

September 29th: WTA Stuttgart, Germany. ALT #43
WTA Tashkent, Uzbekistan. ALT #16

cosmic
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Now this makes sense! :yeah:

Just Do It
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:42 PM
So :

Poland > Slovenia > Greece. Jelena coming to the Balkans :hearts:

If I would have a visa or valid Croatian passport I would go to Slovenia :(

Philip
Aug 19th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Well I doubt she will play 5 weeks in a row in different countries too, so I'd expect some withdrawls from there.

Good to see the commitments though :)

Vincey!
Aug 20th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Nice to see her in some WTA at the end of the year :hearts:...finally she's planning to play higher ITF too....I was quite surprised to not see her in the qualies of the USopen but well I guess she didn't want to make the trip to the US

cn ireland
Aug 20th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Well I doubt she will play 5 weeks in a row in different countries too, so I'd expect some withdrawls from there.

Good to see the commitments though :)

No she definitely won't play 5 weeks in a row, i'd be happy if she just plays 1 or 2 of the WTA events;).

ce
Aug 20th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Slovenia and Greece
i need VISA :sobbing:

Jakeev
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:59 PM
Kinda bummed not to have seen her go to New York. She could have had a decent showing and put some needed money in her bank.

But if she is injured or just not ready for WTA major events then she is being smart in her comeback.

King Aaron
Aug 21st, 2008, 08:42 PM
^Exactly. And seeing the kind of players winning through the 1st and 2nd rounds just makes it worse.

OZTENNIS
Aug 22nd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Carn Jeca, can't wait to see you back on court :)

cn ireland
Aug 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
Jelena is on the entry lists for 2 WTA events commencing September 29th:D:

Stuttgart Tier 2: ALT #43

Tashkent Tier 4: ALT #16

Just Do It
Aug 22nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Jelena entered Taskhent TIER IV starting 29th September. She is currently 16th ALT :)

Edit : Just read it ^

I hope she gets in Stuttgart and all other European indoor tournaments that are following.

slavicpower
Aug 22nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
I have a feeling she'll withdraw from Katowice :sad:

cn ireland
Aug 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM

I don't think she will. I reckon this is a very important tournament for JD cos I think if she wins it she'll definitely move up to higher ITFs and if not we could see her withdrawing from the higher level events:rolleyes:.

Dokic-Fan
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:25 AM

No, I don't think so... It would be very stupid, because if she had planned to withdraw from Katowice, it would have made more sense to do it 2 or 3 weeks ago and not just before the tournament starts. ;)

cosmic
Aug 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM
So is she gonna play in Poland?

Just Do It
Aug 24th, 2008, 09:14 PM
^ Main draw tomorrow.

Uranium
Aug 25th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Ugh, she better play.
i am still pissed she withdrew from USO:(

Freakan
Aug 25th, 2008, 10:09 AM
3 more player withdrew from Katowice, I have a feeling Jelena is one of them :(

Just Do It
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
According to N.M poster, Jelena talked to supervisor of the tournament today and said she is ariving today in Katowice :yeah:

Darop.
Aug 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM
She's in the main draw, so I guess she's playing now :shrug:

$uricate
Aug 25th, 2008, 05:23 PM
:banana:

muniu
Aug 25th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I'll see her omg I'll see her , fucin awesome. :woohoo:

cn ireland
Aug 25th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Yay:banana:

Good luck Jelena:bounce:

1st match against Polish qualifier Kosinska ranked #592 in the world!

Ballbasher
Aug 26th, 2008, 04:16 PM
New Entry Lists were published today:
Priority #1:50k Mestre #23 in Q
Priority #2:100k Sofia #10 in alts

cn ireland
Aug 26th, 2008, 04:41 PM
New Entry Lists were published today:
Priority #1:50k Mestre #23 in Q
Priority #2:100k Sofia #10 in alts

I guess she's not going to play the WTA events for that week then:sad:.

On a more positive note at least they're higher ITFs:D.

Just Do It
Aug 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
^ Yes. I actually doubt she'll play WTA events this year at all. But playing 50,75 and 100k's is fine for me.

SM
Aug 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM
yup...and she will be able to get wildcards for the WTA events in Australia in January. Would be awesome if she got maindraw WC at goldcoast followed by sydney/hobart

:D

jela_dokic
Aug 27th, 2008, 02:37 AM
When does those tournaments start?

What Tournaments does Jelena will lose for those ITF?

Freakan
Aug 30th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I met Jelena yesterday ans she said she won't play in Asia at all. She said she'll play 'whatever is in Europe'. When I asked her if she plans to stay in Europe till the end of the year, she replied it's too soon to tell.
If I have time, I'll post report and some pics :)

Ballbasher
Aug 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks a lot :D
Rather expected she wouldn't go to Asia at all.

Just Do It
Aug 30th, 2008, 03:44 PM
WOW you are lucky :lol:

ce
Aug 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
you met her :bigcry:

cn ireland
Aug 30th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I met Jelena yesterday ans she said she won't play in Asia at all. She said she'll play 'whatever is in Europe'. When I asked her if she plans to stay in Europe till the end of the year, she replied it's too soon to tell.
If I have time, I'll post report and some pics :)

Thanks for the info;).

Its good to hear some schedule info. She is on the entry list for a WTA event in Stuttgart, so maybe she'll play that:hearts:.

cosmic
Aug 31st, 2008, 03:25 PM
I can't wait to see Jelena step it up a lil. :hearts:

cosmic
Sep 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM
Bad news, Jelena has withdrawn from both Athens and Sofia... :sad:

Philip
Sep 1st, 2008, 05:41 PM
aw no :(

Philip
Sep 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM
At least shes still in Slovenia though?? :confused:

cosmic
Sep 1st, 2008, 06:49 PM
I guess... She's also scheduled to play in Italy (50K) in 2 weeks from now. So no 100K's this year and I guess she's ain't going to Asia either...

cn ireland
Sep 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM

This is disappointing news but i'll still be happy if she plays the 50K in Slovenia this week!

Just Do It
Sep 1st, 2008, 07:15 PM
It looks she does not wanna play 3 tournaments in a row. I am wondering what her plans are ?

Edit : It looks after Maribot will make a one week break, and then is playing Mestere 50k in Italy.

MilanDokic
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
Hi guys!

I talked to Jelena's brother, Savo, a few minutes ago.

He didn't know that Jelena withdrew from these three events. His opinion: Jelena rated her last defeat as serious, and Savo think that Jelena wants to change something, and it needs some time...

I am waiting for official info from Savo...

Slutati
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:35 PM
I love it when she's all crazy :hearts:

Just Do It
Sep 1st, 2008, 11:43 PM
Like she has anything to lose. Just play, and good form will come :rolleyes:

hdfb
Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Ugh cmon Jelena! Seriously I hope in January she plays a lot of the ITFs in Australia.

Babolatpro880
Sep 2nd, 2008, 04:13 AM
This better not be just a delayed 2006.

~Eclipsed~
Sep 2nd, 2008, 05:50 AM
i'm kinda disappointed, but no one could have expected her or anyone else to play for that matter like a month or so of tournaments in a row. Not even Jankovic does that. :lol:

Freakan
Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
I guess she's just losing her motivation. When it was 1:3 and BP for Sevastova in 3rd set, she totally tanked the rest of the match. She looked miserable during whole day, she argued with someone when talking on the phone. She looked great during the practice but during the match not only she didn't seem to be enjoying the game, she also got angry at herself when she was missing 1st serves (and her serve was really bad, she made far more than 10 DF and instead of 2nd serve she was basically hitting just another 1st serve). There was no "Ajde!" or "Come On!" after hitting a great winner, sometimes she was even still complaining after hitting a winner. She also smiled like nly 4 times during the day - twice while talking to Bikic, once after making a very stupid UE and once when she was posing to a photo with me:p
One more thing - it's hard to improve if you're coach is you hitting partner and he is worse player than you are :o
But I also have to say that the conditions in Katowice during her match were tough - it was raining, it was vey cold and for a player with such a risky game it wasn't easy to find any rhythm.
I have to say I'm afraid she might stop playing for a longer while now :o

Harvs
Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
i wouldnt want to play either if i were playing these shitty little tournaments... especially when she knows the highs of the tour.

but i spose thats her own fault for not playing more bigger events.

cosmic
Sep 2nd, 2008, 02:12 PM
Jankovic has 22 tournaments under her belt, and I clearly remeber Dokic having even 32 when she was at her best.

Just Do It
Sep 2nd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Freaken, just saw your avatar :hearts:

King Aaron
Sep 2nd, 2008, 02:42 PM
I guess she's just losing her motivation. When it was 1:3 and BP for Sevastova in 3rd set, she totally tanked the rest of the match. She looked miserable during whole day, she argued with someone when talking on the phone. She looked great during the practice but during the match not only she didn't seem to be enjoying the game, she also got angry at herself when she was missing 1st serves (and her serve was really bad, she made far more than 10 DF and instead of 2nd serve she was basically hitting just another 1st serve). There was no "Ajde!" or "Come On!" after hitting a great winner, sometimes she was even still complaining after hitting a winner. She also smiled like nly 4 times during the day - twice while talking to Bikic, once after making a very stupid UE and once when she was posing to a photo with me:p
One more thing - it's hard to improve if you're coach is you hitting partner and he is worse player than you are :o
But I also have to say that the conditions in Katowice during her match were tough - it was raining, it was vey cold and for a player with such a risky game it wasn't easy to find any rhythm.
I have to say I'm afraid she might stop playing for a longer while now :o
Thanks for the report. Ugh. :sad:

cn ireland
Sep 2nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
I remember posting that I felt the 25K in Poland was very important for Jelena because I felt that if she'd won it she'd have moved onto higher ITFs and if she didn't she'd withdraw from them.

Unfortunately it looks like I was right:sad:

cosmic
Sep 2nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
It's not the end of the world. I mean, she's not at her best and she's not where we all expected her to be, but she's playing again and she's back. OK, she's back in the top 200... but she's back. :)

Uranium
Sep 2nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Does anyone think what MilanDokic meant was that Dokic won't play until Australia next year, I have a feeling so:(

Just Do It
Sep 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Does anyone think what MilanDokic meant was that Dokic won't play until Australia next year, I have a feeling so:(

Oh dear, I think the same :( She entered some British hard court tournament ( 75k ) starting 22nd September with priority 1. She is so not playing it :spit:

Jelena still on the entry list of Mestre 50k 15th September :scared:

cosmic
Sep 2nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
A hard court tournament??? Maybe that's a solution! Jelena has been playing so many clay court tournaments and we all know that's not her favourite surface. I think it'd be good idea for a change.

cn ireland
Sep 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
It'd be great if Jelena played the 75K event in the UK, but I doubt she will:(.

DokDi
Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
I think she'll either play Mestre 50k starting 15th September, or the 75k in UK week after that. My guess is 50k Mestre, but on the other hand maybe she prepares for hardcourt and has the UK event as her first priority....who knows

cosmic
Sep 3rd, 2008, 11:17 PM
I'd like her to play a hard court tournament.

ABitwoofy
Sep 4th, 2008, 05:33 AM
i dont like her chances of playing the in the aus open... was kinda hoping she would get her game together this year