PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's schedule?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Just Do It
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM
Well, the most important thing is that Guy actually met Jelena in Zagreb, they talked for 2 hours and that she does not live in Zagreb anymore :yeah:

Belco
Apr 22nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Faith is slowly building :)

i hope bikic robbers are out of her life :D

doktor
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:07 AM
I can't help it... i'm getting excited again... damn Jela. C'mon this time for real!

Sash1
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:21 AM
JELENA Dokić će se posle tri meseca od poslednjeg meča, odigranog u drugom kolu Australijen opena, ponovo vratiti na teniski teren. Posle sastanka u Zagrebu sa nekadašnjom četvrtom igračicom sveta, dobre vesti doneo je Dušan Grujić, predsednik Teniskog kluba Partizan.
- Ispunjen je jedan od najvažnijih preduslova za Jelenin uspešan povratak u svetski vrh. Pomirila se sa ocem Damirom i uskoro će se videti posle četiri godine - istakao je Grujić.
Jelena Dokić će se na teren vratiti 28. aprila u Fesu (Maroko), na turniru četvrte kategorije. Sa severa Afrike preseliće se u Italiju, gde 10. maja počinju kvalifikacije za izuzetno jako takmičenje u Rimu, koje se održava odmah po završetku muškog mastersa. Plan je da se Dokićevi sastanu u Večnom gradu, što su se načelno i dogovorili. Jelena se nada da će dobiti “vajld kartu” za kvalifikacije, pošto je poslala prijavu za specijalnu pozivnicu, jer na osnovu trenutnog rejtinga ne bi mogla da učestvuje.
- Zaboravila sam sve što se dešavalo prethodnih godina. Želim da krenem ispočetka, spremna sam za taj izazov - poručila je iz Zagreba 25-godišnja teniserka, čijom je pojavom na svetskoj sceni počela velika ekspanzija tenisa u Srbiji.

http://www.novosti.co.yu/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=120138&datum=2008-04-23

New article today - basically says that she will play Marocco tourny (tier 4) 28.04. She has asked for Rome WC and will hopefully play qualies there. She's also arranged to meet Damir in Rome.

OZTENNIS
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
:eek: :)
Thanks for translation ;)
Morocco aye :eek: very surprised that she is getting more wildcards...Rome would be good too, interesting to see if she can get a qualie wildcard
1 more tournament to get a ranking again :scared:
Still hope she'll represent Australia :scared:

Just Do It
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
That is great, I guess. But will she be able to win a match there ? Oh, she will at least get a point and get her ranking back :banana:

Just Do It
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Zaboravila sam sve što se dešavalo prethodnih godina. Želim da krenem ispočetka, spremna sam za taj izazov - poručila je iz Zagreba 25-godišnja teniserka, čijom je pojavom na svetskoj sceni počela velika ekspanzija tenisa u Srbiji.

I forgot what was hapening in the past years. I wanna start again, I am ready for that challenge, Jelena said.

This sounds .... hmmmm .... used ? :unsure:

Make it for real this time Jelena.

OZTENNIS
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Yes, sounds familiar...hopefully she just plays again...still doubt it will be much more than an Australian style comeback

Ben.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
great to hear maybe, but however until it actually happens im not gonna get too excited.

is she even on the rabat qualies list for sure? cause someone asked if she was playing there & TBE said no. so I won't believe it until she actually plays.

Just Do It
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
^ She cant be on the entry list because she is unranked.

Golovinjured.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'm excited if you can't tell :D I won't pee my pants until the 28th though :lol: She's so lucky that she can just decide to play whenever she feels like it aye

Ben.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:26 AM
^ She cant be on the entry list because she is unranked.

i know she's unranked, duh :lol:

Harvs
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
oooooo hopefully:):):)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:36 AM
Please let this be true!

Uranium
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
I knew she would play Fes or Prague, she is playing Fes, can't wait, weak qualifying, so she should qualify:bounce: and hopefully do well in main draw, but lets not get a head of ourselves:angel:

Uranium
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
how great would it be to see pics of her in Fes, looking like her old form ala 2003,:drool:, can't wait!

Golovinjured.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
How do you guys really think she will look? I'm not sure, hopefully she's just as fit as she was when she left Australia - if not fitter. I hope she doesn't have to lose heaps of weight again to get competitive. Let's pray that Brie Whitehead enters quallies somehow and draws Jelena QR1 :lol: Just to make sure she gets a win under her belt.

Golovinjured.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
:lol: just looked at 2007 Fes Quallies and little Brie Whitehead was there :lol:

Just Do It
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
*praying* for Brie - Jelena QR1 :lol:

I am sure Jelena gained some weight ... hopefully she was training during this break.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Wow.

Please be true. :bigcry: Jelena has me wrapped around her little finger, I can't stay mad at her. Play! :hearts:

P.S. I can't imagine she looks great at this point, but I hope to God I'm wrong.

Highlandman
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Great to hear and hopefully it will come true :D :awww:

And please, please also Strasbourg :awww:

Just Do It
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
This is gonna be a thunderous come back.

Slutati
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
OMG, please be true, please be true.
Jelena:sobbing:

Uranium
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
This is gonna be a thunderous come back.

get outa here, that's my old avatar, but smaller :ras:;)

King Aaron
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Eh I hope she was at least training once a week when she disappeared after the AO. :unsure: While this is all exciting news, I'm so scared she'll just turn up unfit and play like crap then go hide in a hole again.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:59 PM
While this is all exciting news, I'm so scared she'll just turn up unfit and play like crap then go hide in a hole again.
I'm sure she'll do exactly that but at least she just might play a few more matches :lol: It would be depressing to find out she's officially played her last pro match ever..

Uranium
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
I doubt she would play those 2 tournies than stop because the grass season is coming and thats her favorite

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
I doubt she would play those 2 tournies than stop
Does anything surprise you with Jelena anymore? Cause she's done it too many times not to expect it, no matter what the circumstances are.

I'll just say let's wait and see..

Uranium
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
yea...but with the grass season coming i would think she would want to play grass

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
yea...but with the grass season coming i would think she would want to play grass
My point is you think she'd do a lot of smart things but she inevitably does the opposite. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if she does it again. Personally I've come to accept the fact that this is how she is.

Just Do It
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
If she is really with Damir again, she wont make the same mistake again.

And he has $$$ :hearts:

ce
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
she is gonna meet Damir in Rome :woohoo:
Jelena and Damir :hearts:
that means wins :hearts:

Darop.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
I'm scared to get my hopes up :unsure:

If she gets into quallies in Rome I'll be there 100%.

cn ireland
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
This is all excellent news:bounce::bounce::bounce:!!!!!! Please let it be true cos i'm getting excited about her return:hearts::hearts:.

If this is true these tournaments should all be about getting some decent wins under her belt and hopefully getting a good enough ranking to get into in Wimby Qualies. Because for me Jelena can always do some damage at this Slam:hearts::hearts:.

dokicz09
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
yess she is always dangerous;d but do you think that she is gonna play Maroco Qua.? or she want to get into maindraw????

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Oh God. I have a glimmer of hope again. Not good.

azza
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:25 PM
Jelena and playing in the same sentance :lol: :rolls:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
So excited!

Fretchap
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
I hope this is true :bounce: Waiting to see Fes draws coming out....

Golovinjured.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
When do they come out? This week?

If it's this week I can't really see it happening, unless this been in the works for a month or so...

Привет
Apr 24th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Oh God. I have a glimmer of hope again. Not good.

Me too. :sobbing: Although I'm clearly more gullible than you, mine is more than a glimmer. :(

doktor
Apr 25th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Agreed... way more than a glimmer... i'm so freakin excited... if she gets back top 100 she would be an incredibe floater in the draw for any tourny... the top 20 would be scared shitless...

Philip
Apr 25th, 2008, 09:42 PM
hmm i want to know what all the "jelena's career is about to be over, she is gona announce retirement soon" stuff was all about a month or so ago :lol: ;)

:bounce:

Philip
Apr 25th, 2008, 09:50 PM
OMG, you really think Jelena will play these tournaments? :eek:

Unfortunately, her career is almost over!
just to illustrate my point above :p

Golovinjured.
Apr 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM
:lol: too funny that is

Jelena you kick ass!!!!!!!

Darop.
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Which is her next tournament? Any news?

Golovinjured.
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Apparently she asked, and recieved a QWC into $25K Florence and then Rome tier1 I think..

So Disrespectful
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Apparently she asked, and recieved a QWC into $25K Florence and then Rome tier1 I think..

Why not the main draw? It's not like there will be any other marquee players there :rolleyes:

Vulturepova
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I dont know if playing 25Ks is the way to go, Jelena needs to play against top class players if she wants to improve. Maybe play a couple of small tournaments to do something about that serve though!

Im assuming it would be a quali WC for Rome? Qualies are better cause she can build up a momentum rather than just draw a seed in round 1.

I thought she may play Zagreb 75K cause its in Croatia.

Mr.Kardashian
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
i heard about Rome but she needs a lot of match play in some ITF events to get some consistency, particularly on that serve. One match she served 11 aces and the next 11 double faults!

Привет
Apr 30th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I would like to see a MDWC in Florence and QWC in Rome, but whatever Jelena can get atm is great! Just as long as she doesn't have a shocker in her qualifying matches in Florence.

Darop.
Apr 30th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I thought she would play Zagreb instead of Florence :shrug:

Just Do It
Apr 30th, 2008, 06:34 PM
^ Please, keep Jelena away from Zagreb.

cn ireland
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Well to be honest I don't mind where she really plays just as long as its somewhere. Maybe the 25K might give her a good chance of ironing out those service problems before the Rome qualies.

Graf~Dokic
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:11 PM
When will the WCs for Florence be announced??

IceHock
Apr 30th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Some are already gone, 3 in fact, but looking at the draw if she doesn't win the tourney or at least the semi's, then there's somethingw rong, i've never heard of any of the players really outside of a few.

Ben.
May 1st, 2008, 03:06 AM
well, wherever she plays it'll benefit her match fitness & she can work out those few kinks in her game. plus it couldn't hurt to learn the art of consistency, while still being agressive.

but I like her schedule, its good :)

killy
May 1st, 2008, 10:26 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she already on Florence Q, without the need for a WC?

Graf~Dokic
May 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she already on Florence Q, without the need for a WC?

No, you aren't wrong. She made it directly into the Q draw, beacause 5 WCs were already been given out and Jelena doesn't need one any longer. ;)

Just Do It
May 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM
Jelena is still 3rd alternate. I am sure at least 3 players wont show up so she should get in Q draw without wasting a WC.

Golovinjured.
May 1st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Jelena is still 3rd alternate. I am sure at least 3 players wont show up so she should get in Q draw without wasting a WC.

Are you sure? I just checked the ITF site and it said she is 26th, and final, entrant into the Qualifying Draw. Did you look somewhere else?

Just Do It
May 1st, 2008, 12:36 PM
Oh, I checked again and she is indeed already in Q draw. I guess that is good, she wont have to use a WC. Q draw should be out tomorrow ?

Slutati
May 1st, 2008, 12:39 PM
That's great news. Good luck, Jelena. Ah, life is so much easier now that she finally has a ranking again:D

Philip
May 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM
That's great news. Good luck, Jelena. Ah, life is so much easier now that she finally has a ranking again:D
I think she got into this tournament with no ranking ;)

but i know what you mean! :)

CCCP1
May 1st, 2008, 02:37 PM
oh thats great news, hopefully she plays

cn ireland
May 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM
Glad to see she's in qualies without using up a WC:D. Hope she manages to qualify and win a few main draw matches here:hearts:.

ce
May 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
please play Jelena :unsure:

IMPOSSIBLE
May 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
no WC for WTA Rome,

looks like its another $25,000 in Italy

Slutati
May 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Dokic deserves a wildcard:fiery:
I hope it was her decision not to play there or something.

Just Do It
May 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
That is pathetic. Gabba got a Q WC, and Jelena easily defeated her yesterday ... ugh :o

WhatTheDeuce
May 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
She probably didn't ask for one, people.

Slutati
May 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I hope she doesn't have another bitchfit and decides not to play for 3 months:scared:

Highlandman
May 7th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hm, I also doubt she really asked. Maybe she wants to focuse on Florence and to do very well there :)

Maybe she goes to Strasbourg or Istanbul then? Could be possible IMO.

Just Do It
May 7th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Jelena entered 25k Caserta, Italy, starting next week. She is 3rd ALT at the moment.

Highlandman
May 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Jelena entered 25k Caserta, Italy, starting next week. She is 3rd ALT at the moment.

The last entries for her without any ranking. :)

jumpingjoe
May 7th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Okay so here is my feeling on Tier I Rome...as much as I love Jelena and hope that she is successful in this comeback, I dont think she deserves a QWC or MDWC into the event. She needs to show everyone that she is for real this time...that means playing week in and week out without vanishing for months at a time. Besides, she is doing well in Florence right now, she should see that tourney through, and ask for a MDWC into Caserta next week and hopefully string together a few more wins. After that I think she should pull out of the 10K and see if maybe she can get a wildcard into Strousburg.

Again I love Jelena but I just dont think she is ready/deserving of a Tier I wildcard yet. Does anyone agree?

DokicForever
May 7th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Maybe Jelena should ask for a wildcard into DFS classic? i know it is far away but she is a past champ and all? What do you guys think?

Привет
May 7th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I hope Jelena doesn't have to play qualifying in Caserta, if she plays there. I'm with jumpingjoe, asking for a WC into Strasbourg would be smart. It's normally a weak tournament, isn't it?

Just Do It
May 8th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Is there a chance Jelena could get SE for the upcoming 25k event if she reaches semis in Florence ?

Golovinjured.
May 8th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Is there a chance Jelena could get SE for the upcoming 25k event if she reaches semis in Florence ?

I should hope so.. You'd think they'd grant her a MDWC or something..probably not though :(

Florence is in Italy, Casserta is in Italy. Are players allowed to play both events at the same time? She's alternate 3 isn't she?

Just Do It
May 8th, 2008, 08:14 AM
She cant play two events at the same time. If she reaches for example semi final in Florence, she wont be able to play Casserta qualies, so they will have to give her SE. SE is basicly something like a MDWC.

Golovinjured.
May 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Does it use up one of her WC's though?

Just Do It
May 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I dont think so, but I am not sure, would have to ask someone who is into it.

OZTENNIS
May 8th, 2008, 09:10 AM
^^^^
No, she can only get special exempt if she makes the final in Florence.
And no, it doesn't use up a wildcard...

OZTENNIS
May 8th, 2008, 09:18 AM
DOKIC...loses in Florence Q/F...WTA#378
DOKIC...loses in Florence S/F...WTA#364
DOKIC...loses in Florence F...WTA#348
DOKIC...wins in Florence...WTA#317

:)

~Eclipsed~
May 9th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Ugh she definitely needs to pull out of that $10k and play qualifying in Strasbourg or Turkey. She would easily get into either one of their qualifying draws. But i dont' think a MDWC would be a bad idea either.:cool:

Golovinjured.
May 9th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Ugh she definitely needs to pull out of that $10k and play qualifying in Strasbourg or Turkey. She would easily get into either one of their qualifying draws. But i dont' think a MDWC would be a bad idea either.:cool:

Yeah I agree. Playing a $10K is really just a waste of time for Jelena. Not enough points are on offer and truth be told her level of play would probably be lessened by playing players ranked so low.

I'd like her schedule to look like this..

25K Florence ITA (CLAY)
25K Caserta ITA (CLAY)
Strasbourg FRA (CLAY)
**WEEK OFF** [first week of Roland Garros]
50K Surbiton GBR (GRASS) [second week of Roland Garros]
Birmingham GBR (GRASS)
**WEEK OFF**
Wimbledon GBR (GRASS)

What do you guys think?

Привет
May 9th, 2008, 07:02 AM
That schedule looks great to me.

Jelena should try and get a WC into Strasbourg. I think that would be a great move. If she can do well in Caserta next week then she will be carrying some nice form into a WTA tournament.

Ben.
May 9th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Sounds like a good schedule for me :D

She should play qualies at Strasbourg & Birmingham just to provide with a few challenges here & there (if she wins her matches of course). As for Wimbledon, well hopefully she can get into qualies with a WC, she's done well at Wimbledon in the past, however she might need to do well in the grass events to prove to the wimby organisers that she's worthy of that WC. Well the Rome organisers didn't give her a WC so she might need to do a lot more match play.

All of this is just my opinion, there is no right or wrong here.

OZTENNIS
May 9th, 2008, 07:26 AM
She needs to be careful with her wildcards...she has already used 4 (she got one for Florence quallies yeah?) and that means she has only 2 more left...
So maybe Strasbourg and Birmingham isn't an option...only 1

Привет
May 9th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I think Jelena needs to play Strasbourg. If she can follow up the good tournament this week in Florence and do well in Caserta, then she's gonna have some form behind her.

Golovinjured.
May 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I think Jelena needs to play Strasbourg. If she can follow up the good tournament this week in Florence and do well in Caserta, then she's gonna have some form behind her.

I'm actually feeling the opposite. The clay is almost over for now, so I'd much rather her play the 50K on grass in Britain, and then use her final WC's in Birmingham, and then Wimbledon, really focus on the grass. I think this would bring her the most success, and the most points.

I don't know what she would do in the week of Strasbourg in that case though :shrug: I hope Jelena has a plan for the next few months in terms of tournament schedule and that. I have this little portion of my brain warning me not to get to excited because she may disappear for 3 months once more :sad: I'll enjoy it while she's around though anyway :drool: Sexy, fit Jelena :hearts:

Привет
May 9th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Hmm. I'm not sure now. If Jelena had more than 2 WC's left I'd say try to use them at Strasbourg, Roland Garros, and Wimbledon. Or maybe even that would be a bad idea. :scratch:

As long as Jelena is playing and moving up the rankings, that's all that matters.

Babolatpro880
May 9th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Jelena on grass :hearts:

WhatTheDeuce
May 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
She can't play Strasbourg if she plans to play RG quallies. Right?

King Aaron
May 9th, 2008, 04:08 PM
She can't play Strasbourg if she plans to play RG quallies. Right?
She can play Strasbourg qualies and RG qualies. But the Hobart + AO qualies
fiasco will happen again. :lol:

Babolatpro880
May 9th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I'm sure she's only entered that 10K because there are no challenger events higher than a 10K that week. It seems like she really wants to play a lot of events in a row again, which is great since she's playing so well :)

cn ireland
May 9th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Well the drawsheet for Caserta is out and Jelena is understandably not in qualies (cos she wouldn't have been able to sign in). Hope she uses the SE.

Slutati
May 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Why are people talking about RG qualies:confused:
I love RG, but she was always great on grass, so I want her to play Wimbledon:hearts:

WhatTheDeuce
May 9th, 2008, 07:21 PM
She can play Strasbourg qualies and RG qualies. But the Hobart + AO qualies
fiasco will happen again. :lol:
Exactly. :lol: Hence a big no-no to Strasbourg. Plus that'll be too much tennis heading into RG anyway, especially if she's still planning to play Caserta next week.

Why are people talking about RG qualies:confused:
I love RG, but she was always great on grass, so I want her to play Wimbledon:hearts:
Why not both? :unsure: I'd be disappointed if Jelena didn't request a WC of some sort into RG, I want to see her playing at all the slams again.

Привет
May 9th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I like your idea, Dave. If Jelena requests WC's into Roland Garros and Wimbledon and does ok, then she should have a ranking high enough to enter 25k's, right?

Golovinjured.
May 10th, 2008, 01:41 AM
I like your idea, Dave. If Jelena requests WC's into Roland Garros and Wimbledon and does ok, then she should have a ranking high enough to enter 25k's, right?

Her ranking should now rise to about 350 when her points from Florence are added. The maindraw cut off for the 50K Fukuoka maindraw this week was 385, for the 50K in Romania it was 444 and for the 50K in Florida the cutoff was 384. Even for the 75K tournament in Zagreb a ranking of 350 would get her easily into the qualifying.

Jelena will now have a ranking high enough to play week in week out without having to worry about making the cut at 25K/50K level. I really would prefer her to hold onto her last 2 WC's until the grass, I think that's her best shot at some success at WTA level.

$50K Surbiton (direct entry)
Birmingham [WC]
**WEEK OFF**
Wimbledon [WC]

Привет
May 10th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Her ranking should now rise to about 350 when her points from Florence are added. The maindraw cut off for the 50K Fukuoka maindraw this week was 385, for the 50K in Romania it was 444 and for the 50K in Florida the cutoff was 384. Even for the 75K tournament in Zagreb a ranking of 350 would get her easily into the qualifying.

Jelena will now have a ranking high enough to play week in week out without having to worry about making the cut at 25K/50K level. I really would prefer her to hold onto her last 2 WC's until the grass, I think that's her best shot at some success at WTA level.

$50K Surbiton (direct entry)
Birmingham [WC]
**WEEK OFF**
Wimbledon [WC]

I like the look of that, but I'd change it to:

Roland Garros WC (if she get's the Australian MD WC, if not then I don't think she should request a QWC, better to save it in case she needs it over in the UK)

50K Surbiton

& then if Jelena has one WC left, either Birmingham or Wimbledon, whichever she can get. But if she still has 2 WCs left, try to get a WC into both tournaments.

That was confusing. :rolls:

WhatTheDeuce
May 10th, 2008, 04:11 AM
All I know is I'll be upset if she doesn't play Roland Garros. :sad: I'm greedy, I want Jelena in a slam NOW! :(

Привет
May 10th, 2008, 04:19 AM
If I'm being selfish then I want Jelena to play Roland Garros, Surbiton, and Wimbledon.

There's always great coverage of Wimbledon on Australian free to air, and I want to watch Jelena! :o

~Eclipsed~
May 10th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Well she was refused a WC for Strasbourg which is good i think. She'll need a week off and then she should try to get a QWC for RG.

Surbiton starts the second week of RG, right? If that's the case, she should could still play. Let's be real, if she played RG qualies and qualified, she probably won't make it into the second week of RG.

I just hope Jelena plans out her schedule right and doesn't burn out.:cool:

Just Do It
May 10th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I cant believe they did not give her a wild card.

cn ireland
May 10th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Well i've just read on jelena-dokic.com/board that while the director in Strasbourg initially declined Jelena a MDWC, when many of her fans complained he has now said he will consider her if Mauresmo, Wozniacki or any other top 10 players don't request 1.

Golovinjured.
May 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM
:bounce:

Yeah I translated some of the comments are he said he refused her -> all said Dokic should have gotten one, and a few said Kimiko should have also. I think only one or two said ALG should get one :lol:

Just Do It
May 10th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Jelena should refuse him now :shrug:

Golovinjured.
May 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM
:lol: yeah actually thats a better idea. Teach him a thing or two ;)

cn ireland
May 10th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Jelena should refuse him now :shrug:

Well personally I don't think that Jelena should refuse any wildcards that may be offered to her. Her ranking doesn't allow her to be fussy at the moment;).

Just Do It
May 10th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Jelena should ask for a MDWC in Istanbul. Turks love hot blonde girls :shrug:

jumpingjoe
May 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
i agree 100% with cn ireland. to refuse a wildcard into a wta event would be stupid. She is on a great roll and could only benefit from playing there. If she wants to prove a point to this guy she will take the wildcard and win the tournament, not refuse his offer because he intially said she wouldnt get one, that would be petty.

Uranium
May 10th, 2008, 01:51 PM
i'd rather she didn't waste one of her WCs on this tournament

jumpingjoe
May 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
i think if she were to win a couple of rounds there it would not be wasting a wildcard...even if she won two matches, she would recieve more ranking points and more exposure on the tour level which she is going to need. That could put her ranking right around 300 or barely inside the top 300 which would mean she would start making the qualifying draws of these lower tier tourneys.

jumpingjoe
May 10th, 2008, 01:58 PM
i know we are all hoping that she will show up in the qualy draw for the french open but i dont think its going to happen....much better shot of seeing her in the wimbledon qualy draw. btw...what is the ranking cut off for the qualy draws at slams?

Uranium
May 10th, 2008, 02:00 PM
she would need a QWC for Roland Garros, i want Dokic to get grass tourny WC rather than clay

jumpingjoe
May 10th, 2008, 02:11 PM
a grass court WC would be nice...i think she stands a good chance of getting one into the qualies of wimbledon. They always base things off past performance rather than rankings....honestly i just hope she keeps playing and doing well so that soon we wont have to be discussing her needing wildcards into events!!!!!

Babolatpro880
May 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
i know we are all hoping that she will show up in the qualy draw for the french open but i dont think its going to happen....much better shot of seeing her in the wimbledon qualy draw. btw...what is the ranking cut off for the qualy draws at slams?

Usually around 250ish.

cn ireland
May 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I think they'll use this week's ranking(12th May) for the Wimby qualies and because her ranking won't be high enough, she probably need a wildcard.

King Aaron
May 10th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'd rather Jelena withdraw from Caserta and try and make Istanbul qualies. I'm pretty sure it's going to be very weak.

If she has to give up RG, then so be it. A good run in Istanbul is better than winning Caserta in my opinion, and she'll have an idea of how she stacks up against Top 100 players. Besides, I really think the chances of TA giving her the WC is pretty slim. :shrug:

After that get some WCs for the grass tournaments and Wimbledon. :angel: And smack the bitches dead. :armed:

Just Do It
May 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM
How many wild cards left to Jelena this year ? I think shewillstay in Italy and play Caserta. And does anyone know how much money she earned for 25k title ?

Highlandman
May 10th, 2008, 04:45 PM
How many wild cards left to Jelena this year ? I think shewillstay in Italy and play Caserta. And does anyone know how much money she earned for 25k title ?

Around 3000 $ . I just know that Roesch go 2940 $ for winning Bari 25k last year as qualifier, so I think it is same for Jelena now.

ninanina19
May 10th, 2008, 04:45 PM
She only earned something like $2800-3000.

Havok
May 10th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I know Jelena's best surface is grass, but she's been playing great on clay. I want her to get a WC into Roland Garros. Right now she's the most comfortable on clay seeing as though she's played the majority of her matches on the dirt, plus she's won a title on it coming out of the qualies draw!

I'd like to see her get an MD wild card, though. I think she's proven enough to get one, and not have to go through the gauntlet and get an MD spot through the qualies draw. If that doesn't happen, I'm not sure I'd want her to waste a WC for qualifying. Just one win at a Slam will give her a shitload of ranking points, which will allow her to shoot up the rankings; she just needs to draw somebody easy :p.

Right now she should be concentrating on the clay and think about grass when Roland Garros is over and done with for her sake. She's got 2 WC's left, one should be used during the clay court events imo.

WhatTheDeuce
May 10th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I agree, Naldo.

Babolatpro880
May 10th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I agree as well. If she does well enough at the clay events, she won't need wilcards for much longer. I'd rather she gets her ranking up high enough to be able to stop using wildcards as soon as possible.

Привет
May 10th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I'm in agreeance. :) But I think that if Jelena can't get the MD WC for Roland Garros, then I'm in two minds.

I don't know whether I'd like to see her enter a claycourt WTA tournament, or to use both of her WCs on grass events.

muniu
May 10th, 2008, 11:36 PM
btw Jeca is in Gorizia Entry list (q)

xcrtbckhnd
May 11th, 2008, 01:01 AM
btw Jeca is in Gorizia Entry list (q)

Thanks for noticing that - I hadn't! I wonder if she will actually play a $10K now that she just won a $25K?

jela_dokic
May 11th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Does anyone knows when jelena will be in action again?

Is she in Caserta? Does she think about play innstambul o strasburg?

CCCP1
May 11th, 2008, 02:58 AM
When will the Australian wild card for Roland Garros be announced?

azza
May 11th, 2008, 03:14 AM
When will the Australian wild card for Roland Garros be announced?

Samantha Stosur

scottsue
May 11th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Is that confirmed azza? She can get in on that protected ranking thing can't she??? I reckon after this Jelena has to be in with a good shot but knowing TA they will give it to injured Moore or struggling Molik!

Temi4 fromLatvia
May 11th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Is she in Caserta?

She's in the MD!:bounce:

CCCP1
May 11th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Someone posted in the Strasbourg entry list thread, that if no top 10 players want to play in Strasbourg then Jelena will get the main draw wildcard :D

OZTENNIS
May 11th, 2008, 09:57 AM
:)
That would be awesome :drool:
Stupid tournie director :lol: eat his words

muniu
May 11th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I hope she won't play Goriza , better take week off Jeca :D

Jelena RG MDWC :hearts: I wish she got it...

~Eclipsed~
May 12th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I know this is a bit of a dead issue, but can she PLEASE withdraw from the $10k next week and either play Istanbul, Strasbourg, RG qualies or take a week off.:cool:

So Disrespectful
May 12th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I hope she wins one or two matches here, gets a Strasbourg WC and then tanks her next match. :)

WhatTheDeuce
May 12th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Highly doubt she ends up playing a 10K at this point. I'd be disappointed in her, it would be as if she was trying to hold herself back on purpose.

Привет
May 12th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Jelena wouldn't play a 10k after winning a 25k. Didn't she say in that recent interview that she is hoping to get into Wimbledon with a WC? If so, then I think she'll probably use her other WC in Strasbourg or *fingers crossed TA give it to her* at Roland Garros.

Just Do It
May 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
SUPER MI JE S BIKIĆEM ( I am great with Bikic ) :tape:
Jelena Dokić i dalje pod patronatom hrvatskog trenera i najavljuje nastavak saradnje

Jelena Dokić i dalje je pod patronatom Hrvata Borne Bikića, sa kojim želi da nastavi saradnju i da do kraja godine uđe u Top 100. Mnogi smatraju da je upravo zbog hrvatskog trenera i veze sa njegovim bratom Tinom Dokićeva krenula stranputicom. Od četvrte pozicije ostala je bez plasmana na WTA listi, ali i podrške porodice i mnogo novca...

Ona je prekjuče trijumfovala na turniru u Firenci i potom izjavila da joj rad sa Bornom Bikićem prija.

- Ne volim previše ljudi oko sebe. U Firenci sam bila samo s Bornom. Dugo se znamo, a s njim već osam nedelja radim punom parom. Sarađujemo neverovatno dobro. Sada to funkcioniše onako kako oboje želimo. Prvi rezultati su vidljivi, ali ne želimo da tu stanemo - poručila je Jelena.

Dokićeva je osvojila čelendžer u Firenci čiji je ukupni nagradni fond 25.000 dolara, pošto je u finalu ubedljivo pobedila 205. igračicu sveta Lusi Hradecku (6:1, 6:3). Jelena Dokić je trijumfom nad Hradeckom krunisala niz od sedam uzastopnih pobeda i prvi put nakon Birmingema 2002. godine domogla se titule.

- Bila je to naporna sedmica. Svojski sam se naradila. Prve mečeve sam igrala bolje, ali imala sam više snage. Sada mogu još jednom da obrišem znoj sa čela i da napokon odahnem. Sedam susreta odavno nisam odigrala. Ali radosna sam zbog činjenice da sam takvu vrstu ispita položila sa odličnim. Želim da nastavim sa pobedama i da se vratim na staze starih uspeha. Do kraja godine očekujem, ukoliko ne bude povreda, da se ponovno pridružim devojkama u klubu 100 najboljih - kaže Dokićeva, koja će bi trebalo da zauzme oko 350. mesto na WTA listi.

Nekada četvrta teniserka sveta i polufinalistkinja Vimbldona nada se da će za londonski grend slem dobiti vajld kard, a da će učešće u Njujorku obezbediti dobrim plasmanom.

- Bila bih prezadovoljna da i ove godine dobijem pozivnicu za nastup u Vimbldonu. Organizatori me nisu zaboravili u protekle dve godine, ali tada još nisam bila u punom ritmu. Ove sezone se situacija promenila. Pokušaću da do US opena izborim direktan nastup u kvalifikacijama - dodala je 25-godišnja Srpkinja.

This is all pretty much the same we read yesterday, 2nd part is about Damir and Jelena coming to Serbia.

KRAJEM MAJA U BEOGRADU?

Umesto u Rimu, za koji je u poslednjem momentu odbijena za pozivnicu, Jelena Dokić će od utorka nastupati na čelendžeru u Kasertu, čiji je nagradni fond 25.000 dolara. Ona je za taj turnir dobila pozivnicu za glavni žreb.
To što je Jelena promenila mesto odigravanja turnira nije omelo planove njenog oca Damira Dokića da je poseti u Italiji, te bi on trebalo da u sredu ili četvrtak vidi ćerku, sa kojom nekoliko godina nije bio u kontaktu. Prema planovima Damira Dokića i predsednika TK Partizan Dušana Grujića, Jelena bi nakon tog takmičenja trebalo da dođe u Beograd.

Jelena's request for Rome wild card was refused in the last minute, so she decided to stay in Italy and play another smaller tournament. That did not change Jelena's will to meet Damir, so They will meet up in that Italian town on wednesday or thursday, after that Damir and president of tennis club partizan who arranged everything would like Jelena to come to Serbia.

So, I guess Jelena will have at least one week off.

Golovinjured.
May 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM
SUPER MI JE S BIKIĆEM ( I am great with Bikic ) :tape:
Jelena Dokić i dalje pod patronatom hrvatskog trenera i najavljuje nastavak saradnje

Jelena Dokić i dalje je pod patronatom Hrvata Borne Bikića, sa kojim želi da nastavi saradnju i da do kraja godine uđe u Top 100. Mnogi smatraju da je upravo zbog hrvatskog trenera i veze sa njegovim bratom Tinom Dokićeva krenula stranputicom. Od četvrte pozicije ostala je bez plasmana na WTA listi, ali i podrške porodice i mnogo novca...

Ona je prekjuče trijumfovala na turniru u Firenci i potom izjavila da joj rad sa Bornom Bikićem prija.

- Ne volim previše ljudi oko sebe. U Firenci sam bila samo s Bornom. Dugo se znamo, a s njim već osam nedelja radim punom parom. Sarađujemo neverovatno dobro. Sada to funkcioniše onako kako oboje želimo. Prvi rezultati su vidljivi, ali ne želimo da tu stanemo - poručila je Jelena.

Dokićeva je osvojila čelendžer u Firenci čiji je ukupni nagradni fond 25.000 dolara, pošto je u finalu ubedljivo pobedila 205. igračicu sveta Lusi Hradecku (6:1, 6:3). Jelena Dokić je trijumfom nad Hradeckom krunisala niz od sedam uzastopnih pobeda i prvi put nakon Birmingema 2002. godine domogla se titule.

- Bila je to naporna sedmica. Svojski sam se naradila. Prve mečeve sam igrala bolje, ali imala sam više snage. Sada mogu još jednom da obrišem znoj sa čela i da napokon odahnem. Sedam susreta odavno nisam odigrala. Ali radosna sam zbog činjenice da sam takvu vrstu ispita položila sa odličnim. Želim da nastavim sa pobedama i da se vratim na staze starih uspeha. Do kraja godine očekujem, ukoliko ne bude povreda, da se ponovno pridružim devojkama u klubu 100 najboljih - kaže Dokićeva, koja će bi trebalo da zauzme oko 350. mesto na WTA listi.

Nekada četvrta teniserka sveta i polufinalistkinja Vimbldona nada se da će za londonski grend slem dobiti vajld kard, a da će učešće u Njujorku obezbediti dobrim plasmanom.

- Bila bih prezadovoljna da i ove godine dobijem pozivnicu za nastup u Vimbldonu. Organizatori me nisu zaboravili u protekle dve godine, ali tada još nisam bila u punom ritmu. Ove sezone se situacija promenila. Pokušaću da do US opena izborim direktan nastup u kvalifikacijama - dodala je 25-godišnja Srpkinja.

This is all pretty much the same we read yesterday, 2nd part is about Damir and Jelena coming to Serbia.

KRAJEM MAJA U BEOGRADU?

Umesto u Rimu, za koji je u poslednjem momentu odbijena za pozivnicu, Jelena Dokić će od utorka nastupati na čelendžeru u Kasertu, čiji je nagradni fond 25.000 dolara. Ona je za taj turnir dobila pozivnicu za glavni žreb.
To što je Jelena promenila mesto odigravanja turnira nije omelo planove njenog oca Damira Dokića da je poseti u Italiji, te bi on trebalo da u sredu ili četvrtak vidi ćerku, sa kojom nekoliko godina nije bio u kontaktu. Prema planovima Damira Dokića i predsednika TK Partizan Dušana Grujića, Jelena bi nakon tog takmičenja trebalo da dođe u Beograd.

Jelena's request for Rome wild card was refused in the last minute, so she decided to stay in Italy and play another smaller tournament. That did not change Jelena's will to meet Damir, so They will meet up in that Italian town on wednesday or thursday, after that Damir and president of tennis club partizan who arranged everything would like Jelena to come to Serbia.

So, I guess Jelena will have at least one week off.

Could you please sum up everything that is said, by paragraph or something. I should learn serbian :lol:

Just Do It
May 12th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Could you please sum up everything that is said, by paragraph or something. I should learn serbian :lol:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=13124144&postcount=26

cn ireland
May 12th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I'm really glad that Jelena has decided to apply for a Wimbledon WC cos in my opinion it is where Jelena is at her best. Just hope that they don't turn her down!!!

hdfb
May 12th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Jelena should play Surbiton as a warm up.

OZTENNIS
May 12th, 2008, 09:54 PM
From Melbourne's Herald Sun...
Written by leo Schlink...some details are wrong :rolleyes:

JELENA Dokic has finally emerged from the tennis wilderness, fanning hopes of a successful career after encouraging recent progress.
After successive strong tournaments in Fes and Florence, Dokic has risen to 431 in the world in the latest rankings.
The Wimbledon semi-finalist can point to a career-high of No. 4, but only two weeks ago she languished at an unbecoming 9999.
Good efforts in Morocco and Italy, where she was a semi-finalist, showed the baseliner has made steady gains in fitness and form.
Finally over the arm and leg-injury problems that conspired against her in Australia in January, Dokic has returned to the lowest levels of professional tennis.
Without a win at grand slam level since 2003, Dokic is based in Monaco and continues to represent Australia.
She has told Tennis Australia she will continue to work at Challenger and Future level tournaments to regain a place in the top 100.

OZTENNIS
May 12th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Good to see, though, that she is still in contact with TA :)

Golovinjured.
May 12th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah it's great news :yeah:

Golovinjured.
May 13th, 2008, 07:39 AM
So here's what Jelena's scheduled tournaments look like for the next few weeks..

Week beginning May 12
$25K Caserta, ITALY
In maindraw with SE.

Week beginning May 19
$10K Gorizia, ITALY
26th in Qualifying Draw, Priority 1

Tier III Strasbourg, FRANCE
Has asked for a wildcard, still awaiting verdict

Week beginning May 26
$25K Galatina, ITALY
Currently 22nd alternate with her ranking of 429, Priority 1

Roland Garros, FRANCE
Although unlikely, Dokic could be subjected to a WC via Tennis Australia.

Golovinjured.
May 13th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I was just on the Strasbourg site, and the Tournament Director had some interesting things to say on his blog. This is what I got from it concerning Dokic.

+ Foretz and Bremond are now in Quallies due to withdrawals, making their 8 Frenchwomen in the tournament, and possibly also Pichet who is 2nd alternate. Meaning few WC's needed for Frenchwomen, as there are already a strong contingent.
+ Amelie is the first priority for a WC.
+ Then, if no top 10 appears, he will next recommend Wozniacki wildcard for her youth.
+ After that he would recommend Dokic or Groenefeld.

Considering Dokic and Groenefeld - the edge would almost certainly go to Dokic, based purely on last weeks title in Florence. However, a top 10 player may still earn a WC, or possibly even Dinara Safina, who pulled out of Rome last minute.
+

Привет
May 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I hope Tennis Australia hurry up and announce who the WC will go to. They may be waiting to see how Stosur goes in Rome, who knows.

Jelena would have to know if she will have a WC for Roland Garros or not before she accepts a WC into Strasbourg, otherwise she may use up her 2 remaining WCs and not have one to use for Wimbledon, which she said was her plan.

IMPOSSIBLE
May 13th, 2008, 06:56 PM
From an Article

She has told Tennis Australia she will continue to work at Challenger and Future level tournaments to regain a place in the top 100.

Just Do It
May 14th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Stosur got RG WC.

Bitches.

So Disrespectful
May 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Sam will just lose in the first round. I'd never in my wildest dreams expect her to reach beyond the 3rd round at RG in peak form. Why should the outcome be any different coming back from injury/illness?

Tennis Australia are brainless. I don't think they actually consider potential, just who they prefer as a person. The committee should be unbiased.

auntie janie
May 14th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Schedule updates:

19 May: Possibly a rest week if not Stasbourg. Jelena has withdrawn from the Gorizia 10K.
26 May: Galatina 25K: qualies
2 June: Rome Tiro A Volo 75K: alt. list. Has not entered Surbiton.

Babolatpro880
May 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Oooh a 75K potentially. That'd be nice to see.

OZTENNIS
May 15th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Dokic and Massu Take First Steps to Former Glory

Last week on the challenger circuit, two former top 10 players struggling with injuries and motivation took their first real steps to reclaiming their former glory, while two players on the men’s side continued their hot streaks on the circuit.
Jelena Dokic of Australia has had more than her share of personal problems. The former world No. 4 has defected from her family, switched nationalities several times, and attempted multiple half-hearted comeback attempts. However, it looks like that Dokic is serious this time around after winning her first event in six years at the $25,000 event in Florence, Italy, dominating Lucie Hradecka of Czech Republic 6-1, 6-3 in the final. The win moves Dokic up to No. 325 in the rankings (after just four tournaments) and she has contacted the All England Club for a qualifying wild card into Wimbledon.......

http://www.teamwta.com/dokic-and-massu-take-first-steps-to-former-glory/

xcrtbckhnd
May 15th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Jelena's at the 108th alternate position for the 75K event in Rome at the moment. Unlikely to get in, but I guess with some luck, you never know, right? There's roughly 38 or so players above her who have this listed as their 2nd or lower priority event, so there's some hope. But not much to be honest!

Babolatpro880
May 15th, 2008, 02:43 AM
I wonder why she didn't enter 25K Grado the week of the 75K in Rome. Both are in Italy, and she'd probably get into one or the other :shrug:

~Eclipsed~
May 15th, 2008, 07:41 AM
1.) So happy she withdrew from the $10k next week

2.) She should play Surbiton! It would help her prepare for Wimbledon on her strongest surface!!

Harvs
May 15th, 2008, 08:07 AM
glad she withdrew from the 10k:)

auntie janie
May 15th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Jelena's at the 108th alternate position for the 75K event in Rome at the moment. Unlikely to get in, but I guess with some luck, you never know, right? There's roughly 38 or so players above her who have this listed as their 2nd or lower priority event, so there's some hope. But not much to be honest!

I know! Usually the 108th alt. on the initial list would get into a challenger, no problem. But this tournament has so many top-100 players on its list; I swear i've never seen a higher-quality list for a challenger. Jelena's probably going to need a WC for this one, so it's a good thing she didn't need one for Caserta.

cn ireland
May 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM
1. Glad Jelena withdrew from the 10K event.
2. Disappointed that she hasn't entered Surbiton (grass is her best surface!!!)
3. Why only ask for a QWC for Wimby, surely she'd get a MD WC if she requested it?

ce
May 15th, 2008, 05:22 PM
its firts time i am happy when she withdraws from tournament :lol:

auntie janie
May 15th, 2008, 05:38 PM
its firts time i am happy when she withdraws from tournament :lol:

Ha, me too. That's a big change for us JD fans. :lol:

LindsayRulz
May 15th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Someone said on GM that Jelena has received a MD WC for Strasbourg! :eek:

WhatTheDeuce
May 15th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Someone said on GM that Jelena has received a MD WC for Strasbourg! :eek:
:eek: It's true!

auntie janie
May 15th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Yep, it's on the site. Nice choice, Strasbourg! :)

I hope Jelena will draw another WC so she can ease in slowly. :D

WhatTheDeuce
May 15th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Is she gonna have anything left though? She's played a lot of tennis the last couple weeks.

ninanina19
May 15th, 2008, 06:53 PM
She better completely tank her match tomorrow and get some rest. She will probably play on Tuesday so she will probably still be really tired.

WhatTheDeuce
May 15th, 2008, 06:54 PM
She better completely tank her match tomorrow and get some rest. She will probably play on Tuesday so she will probably still be really tired.
Would be such a shame if she had to do that though. She's playing so well. :sad:

IceHock
May 15th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Even if she tanks though she still might win Caserta haha.

muniu
May 15th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I don't know what's better :sad: :shrug: :confused: :shrug:

Just Do It
May 15th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Strasbourg is a tier 3, and Jelena will get 20 points if she wins one match :bolt:

muniu
May 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Even if she tanks though she still might win Caserta haha.

:lol:

Golovinjured.
May 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Strasbourg :hearts:

cn ireland
May 15th, 2008, 07:46 PM
She definitely should NOT tank her match. Why give up the chance of another title? Even if she wins Caserta she'll have 2 days off and that should be enough time for her to recover.

Just Do It
May 15th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Damn, If Jelena gets RG QWC ( Which I doubt, ) She will basicly have to tank in Strasbourg as well in order to be able to play RG qualies :o

WhatTheDeuce
May 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
She won't play RG. She only has 1 WC left after Strasbourg, she's gonna save that for Wimbledon.

Привет
May 15th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Is Jelena not going to play Surbiton? I really think she should. Otherwise she won't have any grass court preparations before Wimbledon. She doesn't have any spare WCs to request one in Birmingham or the other grass court events whose names escape me right now. Enter Surbiton, Jelena! :D

Nice to see the MD WC in Strasbourg. Hopefully she can pick up some points. I wonder who is playing Strasbourg, I might head over to find out now. :)

OZTENNIS
May 16th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Just a quick detour for a moment...

There is a new girl from Queensland by the name of Monika Wejnert that plays quite similarly to Jelena. She has good strong groundstrokes which she dominates play with, hitting from one corner of the court to the other...her serve is not quite as strong, but is improving...
She has an unshakeable self belief and good court coverage...

She recently made the quarter finals of a 10k in Thailand and thus collected her first WTA points...

There is a thread about her in TA and NZ ...

Sorry, just wanted to let you all know :p

GOOD LUCK TO JECA IN THE SEMIS TONIGHT :bounce:

doktor
May 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I'm thinkin Jelena is gonna play her guts out at Strasbourg so she can try and get her ranking up ASAP and try for direct entry into surbiton (or surbiton qualies at least) can anyone work out how far she would have to go at strasboug to do so...

King Aaron
May 16th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Surbiton is going to have a quality field. Don't think Jelena will get in by her own ranking.

Looks like she'll go into Wimbledon without any grass court tournaments as preparation. Have a feeling she might still play other tournaments before Wimbledon though.

WhatTheDeuce
May 16th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Shame. Oh well, as long as she plays Wimbledon, I'm happy. That's gonna be so fucking exciting. :hearts:

Freakan
May 16th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Surbiton entry list is out and Jelena is not on it.

Cankarlo
May 17th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Jelena's rank will be around #272 or something like that minimum after Caserta. Couldn't she get in the entry list with this ranking directly into an ITF grass court event???

Cankarlo
May 17th, 2008, 04:42 AM
By the way Jelena is in the qualifying list of another 25k tournamnet in Italy in the week of May 26 :)

Привет
May 17th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Are there any ITF grass court events Jelena could enter apart from Surbiton? I'll check it out but I didn't think there were any, there's only really WTA level tournaments because there's only a couple weeks in the grass court season before Wimbledon.

Vulturepova
May 17th, 2008, 01:35 PM
This all sounds good. I havent been ale to get to a computer so ddnt know she was playing Strasbourg. Im aware of the WC situation but cant the tournaments not grant her one without it coming off of her allocated number?

Im glad she is playing Strasourg; just hope she doesnt miss RG qualies. i really thought she would play Surbiton though.

ce
May 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM
she wont play RG Q

xcrtbckhnd
May 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I'm thinking that Jelena may not even attempt to play on grass at all this year? There's certainly no guarantee that the AEC will actually give her a WC, and I think at best, they'd probably only give her a quali WC. That would be great and amazing, but I wouldn't count on it as 100% guaranteed. I wouldn't be surprised or even disappointed to see Jelena just keep playing ITF clay events and then head over to the states for the hardcourt circuit mixing in ITF's and WTA events as she is able to. She may just want to save her WC for those events? Clay is the perfect surface to find your form again - lots or rallies, lots of opportunities to get tons of match practice, lower impact on the body, grinding it out gets her in better physical condition, etc.... I think Jelena's very wise to just play on clay for as long as she can then take a small break and start transitioning to hard courts. As much as I would love to see her at Wimby, it might just be a little too much and too soon for her. She needs to plan this comeback out carefully to make sure it's as successful as it can be.

doktor
May 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
excellent point... but from her last haphazard comeback attempts i can't imagine her having planned it out that well... though i'd like to think so

WhatTheDeuce
May 17th, 2008, 03:55 PM
She's gonna play Wimbledon, she already mentioned it was a goal. And she also said they offered her a WC last year and she didn't feel ready to accept it, which is why she didn't play. If they offered her one last year without her even requesting it, I have a hard time imagining they'd deny her this year. Not a chance.

xcrtbckhnd
May 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
She's gonna play Wimbledon, she already mentioned it was a goal. And she also said they offered her a WC last year and she didn't feel ready to accept it, which is why she didn't play. If they offered her one last year without her even requesting it, I have a hard time imagining they'd deny her this year. Not a chance.
I hope you're right! Perhaps after Strasbourg, she'll start to practice at a grass court facility and prepare for Wimby. I didn't realize that she had already said that she wanted to play the big W this year. I still don't think that a MD WC is totally in the bad though. The AEC can be a bit finicky, so who knows what they'll end up doing. A quali WC might even be better in some ways for Jelena.
But I guess first thing's first - getting to Strasbourg and playing her best!
I just can't wait for the draw tomorrow!!!

OZTENNIS
May 17th, 2008, 09:59 PM
^^^
Just to clarify something, I was pretty sure that the LTA handed out wildcards now, hence more international players get wildcards into the main draw. If you think about it, they will probably give 5 wildcards to Brits (seeing as Keothavong is getting in direct) ... O'Brien, South, Baltacha, Cavaday and Fitzpatrick??? Anyway, they always give one to the winner of Junior Wimbledon from the previous year (U. Radwanska) and players like Pavlyuchenkova and I think Kutzova got the remaining two last year...I think (unlike RG) that Jelena is in with a reasonable chance of a main draw wildcard and a certainty for a qualifing wildcard

Привет
May 18th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I'd really love to see Jelena in the MD, just because there'd be a higher chance I'd get to see her match. :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
May 18th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I'd really love to see Jelena in the MD, just because there'd be a higher chance I'd get to see her match. :lol:
Likewise. :lol:

Any confirmation on the WC rule in regards to if they count in Grand Slams? Cause if Grand Slam WC's don't count towards the total allowed, she'd still have one left to use after Strasbourg to maybe get into a grass warm-up event.

Golovinjured.
May 20th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Just an update on Jelena's commitments for the next few weeks.

Week beginning May 19 - Tier III Strasbourg, FRANCE
Recieved MD WC and faces Timea Bacsinszky in the 1st Round

Week beginning May 26 - $25K Galatina, ITALY
Was firmly in the qualifying draw, but has withdrawn from this event as of May 18. Maybe she feels like a rest, god knows she'd need it :)

Week beginning June 2 - $75K Rome Tiro A Volo, ITALY
Is currently 64th Alternate, withdrawals close today, the 20th of May, so we should have a good idea if she'll make the cut in the next few days.

Week beginning June 9
No lists out yet, but there's another 25K being played on clay in Campobasso, Italy this week, I expect Jelena to enter there that week.

Week beginning June 16
I don't think Jelena will commit to any tournaments in this week, purely because of Wimbledon qualifying

Week beginning June 23 - Wimbledon
Hopefully Jelena recieves a QWC or even MDWC.

:shrug: Anybody think otherwise? I wonder what she'll do after Wimbledon...

ce
May 20th, 2008, 04:42 PM
hope she plays Rome tourni :hearts:

cn ireland
May 20th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Jelena is Alt #3 for the 75K in Rome at the moment so she has a great chance of making the Qualy draw :bounce:

She is indeed on the entry lisk for the 25K event in Italy the following week at Alt #38.

I really hope she plays Rome:).

Just Do It
May 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I hope she playes Rome 75k Q. Save thatone WC elft for Wimbledon.

jela_dokic
May 21st, 2008, 12:34 AM
how do you know that Jela es #3 in alternate list?... I saw her in the 43 place...:S

Any news about Wimbledon?

Babolatpro880
May 21st, 2008, 01:23 AM
The withdrawal deadline just happened, so most of the players that planned on withdrawing did that day. She's now 2nd on the alternate list and is basicall guaranteed to make th draw as long as she shows up and signs in.

Harvs
May 21st, 2008, 02:46 AM
yay:)

doktor
May 21st, 2008, 04:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJbidEefcVk Jelena in Strasbourg

Golovinjured.
May 21st, 2008, 05:40 AM
I didnt expect her to be so high up the alternates list :) Good surprise..

Should make it easily if she's there to sign in, I'd say a 75K is a great level to be playing at for Jelena!

OZTENNIS
May 22nd, 2008, 02:44 AM
Something I just realised...The winner of the 25k in Florence and the 25k in Caserta (which, as we all know, was Jelena :p) gets a feed up entry into the qualifying draw for Barcelona, a Tier IV WTA event, the week after the French Open ... :bounce:
I expect Jelena will take this opportunity with open arms ;)

SO, the schedule looks like this...

Week starting June 2nd
$US75 000 Rome Tiro A Volo: ALT#2

Week starting June 9th
Barcelona WTA Event: Feed up

THEN WIMBLEDON...

WhatTheDeuce
May 22nd, 2008, 02:47 AM
A bit sad that she'll have no grass preparation going into Wimbledon. :shrug: Hopefully she can at least get to England a few days early to prepare. It's not easy to just go straight from clay to grass, I'm worried about that.

Harvs
May 22nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
oh wow! maybe thats why she didnt sign up for surbiton?

good news:)

Golovinjured.
May 22nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Something I just realised...The winner of the 25k in Florence and the 25k in Caserta (which, as we all know, was Jelena :p) gets a feed up entry into the qualifying draw for Barcelona, a Tier IV WTA event, the week after the French Open ... :bounce:
I expect Jelena will take this opportunity with open arms ;)

SO, the schedule looks like this...

Week starting June 2nd
$US75 000 Rome Tiro A Volo: ALT#2

Week starting June 9th
Barcelona WTA Event: Feed up

THEN WIMBLEDON...

She'd be aware of this wouldn't she? I hope so...

If she does decide to take this option, which I really hope she does, then she'd probably have to tank in the 75K before the SF, should she be able to get that far. I think its a good schedule for her, after Barcelona she can head straight to the UK, and even if she loses early in Barcelona - that just means more time to prepare on the grass :hearts:

This is exciting stuff! Haven't seen this much Jelena since '04 :drool:

Mr.Kardashian
May 22nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
Im so happy that jelena is back.... she has surprised me in how well she has competed so far this year and i really hope she has a few good wins on grass... go jelena!

scottsue
May 22nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
I agree with the above comments! It is all very exciting!

Uranium
May 22nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
she is in Barcelona...not smart:(, she needs grass warm up
o well hopefully she'll do well

ninanina19
May 22nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
Think about it. It's good for because it gets her in better shape and it's better to make her mentally match fit because the points are so much longer and it neutralizes her power more. I'm sure she will be able to prepare for the grass after Barcelona. She will have 2 weeks or a week and a half (if she gets QWC) to prepare for Wimbledon. Also, if she gets a QWC, after so much match play on the clay+grass court preparations in practice she will probably not have much trouble beating players ranked outside the top 100 on her favorite surface grass.

Just Do It
May 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Barcelona Q or MD ?

ninanina19
May 22nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Q feed up.

Just Do It
May 22nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
That's good. I guess Barcelona Q draw will be so weak that Jelena might be seeded :tape:

Highlandman
May 22nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
She'd be aware of this wouldn't she? I hope so...

If she does decide to take this option, which I really hope she does, then she'd probably have to tank in the 75K before the SF, should she be able to get that far. I think its a good schedule for her, after Barcelona she can head straight to the UK, and even if she loses early in Barcelona - that just means more time to prepare on the grass :hearts:

This is exciting stuff! Haven't seen this much Jelena since '04 :drool:

:yeah: I agree.

Yeah , but 2004 ? :unsure: Started with the SF in Tokyo and in the end finished the season with 8 R1-Losses (12/16 tournaments out in R1) in a row :tape: I remember I came home from school , made TV and saw in Berlin-Tournament how the umpire said "Spiel, erster Satz Shaughnessy 6-0" (Game, first set, Shaughnessy) :awww: and I was like: :o :unsure: Not again !! . Horrible times & year.

2008 already seems way better & more promising :) And if all goes right, her Year-End-Ranking should be the best since 2003 :D

WhatTheDeuce
May 22nd, 2008, 08:09 PM
She will have 2 weeks or a week and a half (if she gets QWC) to prepare for Wimbledon.
Huh? Barcelona is from June 9-16. The Wimbledon main draw starts on the 23rd, so the qualifying will be underway around when Barcelona ends.

Also, Phantom, why should she tank the 75K SF should she get that far? I'm done with her tanking matches, honestly. She just needs to play and win as much as possible. If anything, if she goes too far in the 75K, she should just forget about Barcelona and focus on preparing and being fit for Wimbledon.

Привет
May 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Now I'm hoping more than ever that Jelena gets a MD WC for Wimbledon. :lol: Even though qualies would give her preparation on the grass, if she plays well in Rome and Barcelona and gets far in the latter tournament, she could struggle to adjust in such a quick time to the grass courts.

This feed up is great news though. Another WTA tournament. :yeah: The more of these, the better.

LindsayRulz
May 23rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
Sounds like a good schedule :). Hopefully she'll have enough time to do the clay-grass transition before Wimbledon.

~Eclipsed~
May 23rd, 2008, 05:35 AM
I don't think her schedule is that bad. I don't think she would have gotten into qualifying at Eastbourne or Birmingham(without a WC) so why not play somewhere where she can play as a feed up. Clay is tougher for her, so i think she'll welcome playing on grass at qualies of Wimbledon, if she has enough time to prepare that is. :unsure:

cn ireland
May 23rd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Huh? Barcelona is from June 9-16. The Wimbledon main draw starts on the 23rd, so the qualifying will be underway around when Barcelona ends.

Also, Phantom, why should she tank the 75K SF should she get that far? I'm done with her tanking matches, honestly. She just needs to play and win as much as possible. If anything, if she goes too far in the 75K, she should just forget about Barcelona and focus on preparing and being fit for Wimbledon.

Completely agree with you!!! I can understand it for GS qualies but otherwise i'm completely against tanking matches. If Jelena is doing so well in Rome that it clashes with Barcelona she should continue in Rome.

Besides I have a feeling that she'll withdraw from Rome soon anyway!!!

xcrtbckhnd
May 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Interesting scheduling options for Jelena. The more she can play (and stay healthy), the better. Rome has quite a tough entry list of players, but I'd guess that we'll see at least a few more withdrawals before the event starts. When do the Wimby quali WC's get announced anyways? Jelena may opt to just play Rome and skip Barcelona in order to prepare for Wimby if she knows she's got a quali WC there already.

OZTENNIS
May 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM
tobi confirmed that Jelena has accepted the Feed-Up spot into Barcelona qualifying :bounce:

Babolatpro880
May 24th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Awesome, I don't think Barcelona will be especially strong given the fact that it's during the grass season, so hopefully she can get a solid result in a WTA event there.

Harvs
May 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
yay:):):) hopefully she can qualify there and actually get a win:)

Ben.
May 24th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Glad that Jelena will play Barcelona qualies, plenty of chances of to accumulate more wins to her tally :yeah:

Havok
May 25th, 2008, 12:43 AM
That's awesome about the Barcelona qualies feed-up. She doesn't have to use any wildcards and probably has a really good shot at qualifying for te main draw. Plus the WTA isn't like the ATP; there aren't claycourters that whore up the clay events during the non-clay season. Just a bunch of lowly ranked players who opt to play them for easier draws.

I'm a little concerned about Wimbledon. I would have liked her to get some actual matches on the grass courts before the event starts, and not just simply practicing on the green stuff. Hopefully everything goes well, though. It's nice to see Jelena playing events with more regularity instead of for brief stints like she used to do.:)

Harvs
May 25th, 2008, 12:56 AM
That's awesome about the Barcelona qualies feed-up. She doesn't have to use any wildcards and probably has a really good shot at qualifying for te main draw. Plus the WTA isn't like the ATP; there aren't claycourters that whore up the clay events during the non-clay season. Just a bunch of lowly ranked players who opt to play them for easier draws.

I'm a little concerned about Wimbledon. I would have liked her to get some actual matches on the grass courts before the event starts, and not just simply practicing on the green stuff. Hopefully everything goes well, though. It's nice to see Jelena playing events with more regularity instead of for brief stints like she used to do.:)

agreed.

but this is a great opportunity to get ranking points without using a WC... she kind of has to take it to built up her ranking i spose:)

Golovinjured.
May 25th, 2008, 01:13 AM
:woohoo: Dokic in another WTA event :banana:

I think it's a good thing, even though its only a few days before Wimbledon - leaving her very little time to adapt to the grass. Although the way I see it she's stepping up to complete against players at a WTA level, instead of ITF level - and that's enough preparation for me.

Would really love her to draw Molik, Ferguson, Adamczak or Wheeler in qualifying :drool:

Would you all rather see Jelena get a MDWC or QWC for Wimbledon - because I was thinking qualifying could serve as part of her warm up for the maindraw, but seeing her in the MD for the first time since '06 is just to fuckin exciting!

Babolatpro880
May 25th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Qualifying in Wimbledon for sure. She'll need match practice, for one, and should she qualify that's 31 points, more than she earned for winning the two 25Ks.

BaggyGreen92
May 25th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Its great to see Dokic willing to qualify for WTA events rather than relying on wildcards

scottsue
May 25th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I am glad too. Agree with all the posters. The two 25's were great but now it is time to qualify for the bigger events

WhatTheDeuce
May 25th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Great that she's gonna play Barcelona. As far as preparation for the grass goes, I choose to look on the bright side - Jelena will still have a few days to hit on the surface, and given her experience on grass through the years, I don't think it'll take her long to get her game and timing down for the transition. Also keep in mind that if she (unfortunately) loses early in Barcelona, she'll have a bunch more time to practice on the lawns before the quallies is underway. Anyway, she's gotta do what she's gotta do. AJDE!

About Wimbledon.. even though it would be nice to see her get an MWC, I think it's highly unlikely. QWC seems like a much more realistic expectation, and probably a better choice in the long run. Either would be fantastic though. Jelena on grass = :drool:.

King Aaron
May 25th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Bah. I want Jelena to play her next event NOW. It was so exciting when she played the two $25Ks. :angel:

ce
May 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM
DOKIC WITHDREW FROM BARSELONA :mad:

Slutati
May 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
^^^:eek: NO:sad: What happened?

ce
May 25th, 2008, 05:32 PM
i read it in barselona thread :mad:

Uranium
May 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
it's a good thing, it means more training on the grass courts:hearts: and better showing for Wimbledon

WhatTheDeuce
May 25th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Oh. :sad: Not the worst decision, honestly...

She better play Rome 75K now.

Just Do It
May 25th, 2008, 05:53 PM
What the heck ? :speakles:

She will train on Grass my ass. Grass season is short, she should concentrate on clay !! Bad decision :(

Uranium
May 25th, 2008, 06:38 PM
why should she concentrate on clay?
clay season after Rome is done
Dokic wants a good Wimbledon, that's where her career basically began and her big results come and this slam could really help her get back to the top 100

ce
May 25th, 2008, 06:43 PM
we will se if she plays Rome :o

IceHock
May 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM
yeah i don't want her on clay, it's alot better to practice on grass, which could give her alot of points if she performs well.

Golovinjured.
May 25th, 2008, 09:14 PM
:lol: All good..

Anyone else a tad..familiar with this situation? I'm a little :unsure: but positive.

Uranium
May 25th, 2008, 09:37 PM
there's no point in her stopping now, after working so hard, she did this so she can do well for Wimbledon, which i surprising want her to get a QWC for instead of a MDWC