PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's schedule?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Golovinjured.
Mar 18th, 2008, 06:28 AM
If she'd stayed in Australia, she would have already gotten wildcards into two 25k tournaments. After this her ranking would probably be high enough to allow direct entry into two more Aussie ITFS, she could also have picked up a bit of money on the side (eg TV interviews)...

She might have even got an AIS Scholarship, meaning travel money and a paid full-time coach to accompany here..

oh and tournament organisers elsewhere in the world would be motivated by her results and rankings rise to offer other WCs in their tournaments...

All these options and what does Jelena pick? The worst one ("Abuse Tennis Australia and go back to the Balkans to sulk")

:( *toldyaso*

She wouldn't have even needed WC's in either of these - the qualifying draws were both half empty and she would have gained direct entry, thus saving up her WC's. This was her shot, and sadly it looks like she's blown it..

matty
Mar 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM
If she'd stayed in Australia, she would have already gotten wildcards into two 25k tournaments. After this her ranking would probably be high enough to allow direct entry into two more Aussie ITFS, she could also have picked up a bit of money on the side (eg TV interviews)...

She might have even got an AIS Scholarship, meaning travel money and a paid full-time coach to accompany here..

oh and tournament organisers elsewhere in the world would be motivated by her results and rankings rise to offer other WCs in their tournaments...

All these options and what does Jelena pick? The worst one ("Abuse Tennis Australia and go back to the Balkans to sulk")

:( *toldyaso*

Yah, well put-totally agree. I do feel sorry for her though 'cause i think she suffers from a mental illness (depression)- Does her boyfriend have a real job or is he just a "hanger on" control freak.

auntie janie
Mar 18th, 2008, 06:13 PM
she lives in Zagreb with her mom,not gonna play again

Maybe not, but she keeps right on entering everything in Italy, the latest being a $10K in Foggia the week of 7 April. Just like last year, we'll just have to wait and see if she actually turns up anywhere. :shrug:

cn ireland
Mar 18th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Entry List Update:

50K Latina- Alt #24

25K Civitecchia - Alt #36

10K Foggia - Alt #110

Philip
Mar 19th, 2008, 07:57 PM
if shes not gonna play why does she keep putting herself on the entry lists?

id more worried if she wasnt entering anything.

Dokic Pierce
Mar 20th, 2008, 12:50 AM
id more worried if she wasnt entering anything.

I agree - it does show that she has at least got tennis in her mind to be making the effort to commit I guess.

Uranium
Mar 20th, 2008, 02:26 PM
i want Dokic to get in a tournament to judge if she'll play again:
if she gets in Latina and doesn't play, then i'll lose hope
if she gets in she may play.
i think we may have to wait til Wimbledon to see her play, they may give her a QWC like 2006, i hope she plays earlier though.

auntie janie
Mar 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
There is no way Wimbledon would hand a WC to anyone who hasn't bothered playing since the Aus Open. I'm sure they'd want to see a greater level of commitment to the game than that. If Jelena does start playing soon, it's a different story.

We don't know anything about Jelena's current state of mind, but if she does want to get back into gear, the best thing she could do now would be to turn up and sign in for Latina despite being 21st alt with no WC. It happens frequently that quite a few players don't turn up and a lot of alts. get to play, but even if that didn't happen, she'd be in a tennis environment again, she'd have a lot of players to practice with, she might be able to get into the doubles draw, and she'd be down there in Italy, ready for the next week's event. And seeing that level of eagerness from her might convince the Civitavecchia TD to give her a QWC.

But all of this sounds very unlike the Jelena we've seen in the past 3 years, so, unfortunately, I don't expect any of the above to happen. :sad:

Uranium
Mar 20th, 2008, 03:48 PM
no, they gave her one in 2006 and might again this year based on her previous performances at Wimbledon

Golovinjured.
Mar 20th, 2008, 04:34 PM
She hasn't recieved a Latina WC :bigcry: I don't think she'll play for a long time unfortunately...

cn ireland
Mar 20th, 2008, 08:16 PM
As the 19th alternate Jelena probably has a slim chance of making the qualy draw if she signs in, but I just can't see it happening. I hope i'm wrong though.

auntie janie
Mar 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM
A few alternates always get in. Jelena's only chance would be if the higher alts didn't bother showing up and she was there on site, ready to replace one of them. How do you think low-ranked bagel girls like Whitehead and Dillingham get into high-level challenger and even WTA qualy draws? They show up everywhere and hope for the best, and it works out surprisingly often that they do get in. In Las Vegas, Whitehead and Maureen Diaz got into qualies despite being way down in the 40's on the final alt. entry list.

Doesn't matter, though, since the chances of Jelena showing up in Italy just to sign in as an alt. are very, very slim. :(

azza
Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
face it shes not cuming back why the hope for?

Golovinjured.
Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
she'll be back sometime - whether its a $10K ITF this year or the next, or even AO WC playoff 2009/10. i'm not holding hope anymore, just maybe i'll be presently surprised at somepoint this year when she shows up in the draw of an ITF somewhere..

i just hope that her last ever match doesn't remain to be a loss to Tamarine Tanasugarn 6-2 6-1 :lol: :bigcry:

cn ireland
Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
I agree with Mr.Dokic I don't think we've seen the last of Jelena yet. She'll probably surprise us all and turn up at an event we don't expect her to turn up at. After all Jelena isn't exactly predictable!!!

Uranium
Mar 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Dokic is alt 19 in Latina if anyone cares

MilanDokic
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:48 AM
Jelena doesn't practice anymore, so she won't play any event soon!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:52 AM

Why dont u fricken tell us why :mad: And why does she keep entering events...

Golovinjured.
Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
ATT: MilanDokic

Glad to hear from you again, your posts are always very thorough and informative :fire: If you wouldn't mind, could you tell us here at WTAworld why Jelena isn't training anymore? And how do you know this exactly, like from who?

cn ireland
Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:48 PM

This isn't surprising but still disappointing. At least it doesn't say she'll never play again though.

An optimist, i know:)!

Just Do It
Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Wasted 5 months :mad:

Start practicing Jelena, please.

ce
Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
she is retired :shrug:
:p

Uranium
Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM

i love these 1 minute postings you do:hearts:, they're amazingly helpful and thought out;)
How do you know, is it from that interview?, explain more in depth next time:rolleyes:

powerbackhand
Mar 23rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
play jelena

Belco
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:25 AM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

powerbackhand
Mar 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
this thread should be renamed Jelenas NON Schedule

Golovinjured.
Mar 24th, 2008, 11:06 AM
We should apply for a forum name change..

Shall I?

cn ireland
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Well surprise surprise Jelena doesn't appear in the qualy draw for the 50k in Latina.

Entry List Update:
25k Civitecchia: Alt #30
10k Foggia: Alt #76

auntie janie
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Well surprise surprise Jelena doesn't appear in the qualy draw for the 50k in Latina.

Entry List Update:
25k Civitecchia: Alt #30
10k Foggia: Alt #87

No unranked players made the qualy draw in Latina. I didn't bother checking to see if any alts got in, but if they did, it wasn't very many. Jelena would not have gotten in even if she had been standing right there.

But I won't be following Jelena's entry list activities any more, after reading MilanDokic's post .:wavey: If she's not practicing, she's obviously not going to play. Don't forget that last year she kept right on entering events during the whole spring season, without playing any of them. Maybe she'll do the same thing this year, stringing people along from week to week. She's just a very confused -- and confusing -- girl right now, and the fact that she's still entering events is, unfortunately, basically meaningless.

So Disrespectful
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Guess what? I've had it with Jelena. I will never trust her again.

ce
Mar 24th, 2008, 01:46 PM

welcome to the club:wavey:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Yup.

Just Do It
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Jelena Dokic will be back ! In 2, 3 or 4 years, I dont know but she will be back !!!

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/49642/2002432034499013575_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002432034499013575)

cn ireland
Mar 24th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Jelena Dokic will be back ! In 2, 3 or 4 years, I dont know but she will be back !!!

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/49642/2002432034499013575_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002432034499013575)

I agree, it could be next week or next year who knows but I will be supporting her when she does decide to return.

rada
Mar 25th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I have a friend who lives in coratia and said that he seen her in some magazine saying that she was sad that she didn't make the AO but she still wants to play ? Man she drives me mad just let us know what's going on?

Golovinjured.
Mar 25th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks rada

any news is good news i guess....

gojelena!
Mar 25th, 2008, 03:01 PM
25k Bari- 210th alt

cn ireland
Mar 25th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Entry list update:

25K Civitecchia: Alt #27
10K Foggia: QUALIES #25
25K Bari: Alt #210

So good to see Jelena reach the qualies for Foggia but I sense we'll hear of a withdrawal very soon. Hopefully not it'd be great just her name in a draw again!

MilanDokic
Mar 25th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Jelena plans to return to Serbia!

Jelena, come here, we LOVE you!

gojelena!
Mar 25th, 2008, 09:09 PM

what as in play for serbia or just live there or whatever??

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 25th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Paprika. Tomatoes.

Slutati
Mar 25th, 2008, 09:24 PM

:haha::haha:
Is she for real?Oh well, do what' best for you Jelena.I still love you, though you annoy me to death:mad:

Golovinjured.
Mar 25th, 2008, 09:39 PM
If she changes her nationality to Serbia again I will slap that bitch down!

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Foggia. She has been withdrawing before she makes the draw so she could show up I guess..anything's possible with Jelena :lol:

rada
Mar 26th, 2008, 12:44 AM

Milan can we please get more info?

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 26th, 2008, 12:48 AM
You guys need to stop asking him for more details and more info. He's not gonna change. Just take it for what it is and accept it.

OZTENNIS
Mar 26th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Yer...
And I doubt she will change nationalities, I mean she herself said that she didn't want to let Aussie fans down after the AO by making any rash decisions...
And she's been in Croatia for 2 months, she hasn't become a Croat has she...

Maybe she's going back to Serbia to be with her dad, maybe he's really sick still :confused:

Time will tell

Just Do It
Mar 26th, 2008, 11:19 AM

:speakles:

Јелена, врати се :woohoo:

Милане, да ли Јелена планира да игра, знаш ли нешто ?

kittyking
Mar 26th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yer...
And I doubt she will change nationalities, I mean she herself said that she didn't want to let Aussie fans down after the AO by making any rash decisions...
And she's been in Croatia for 2 months, she hasn't become a Croat has she...

Maybe she's going back to Serbia to be with her dad, maybe he's really sick still :confused:

Time will tell

So let's get this straight...she returns as an Aussie, beats a Croat at the Australian Open, then goes to Croatia for 2 months and now could change back to being a Serb :tape:

Harvs
Mar 26th, 2008, 11:41 AM
So let's get this straight...she returns as an Aussie, beats a Croat at the Australian Open, then goes to Croatia for 2 months and now could change back to being a Serb :tape:

croat???

Golovinjured.
Mar 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
:speakles:

Јелена, врати се :woohoo:

Милане, да ли Јелена планира да игра, знаш ли нешто ?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!

JustDoIt - if Jelena does move back to Serbia I'm leaving it up to you to find her! :lol: ..and knock some sense into her!

Anybody else wondering why she left/is leaving Croatia? Anybody think it might be because there's a $10K in Bol, Croatia in a few weeks and she wants to stay as far away as she can, as an excuse?

Jelena 4 Foggia! :bounce:

Just Do It
Mar 26th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Guys, it does not have to mean she will PLAY for Serbia. If she moves to Serbia I guess she will move without Bikic brothers, which is good.

Golovinjured.
Mar 26th, 2008, 12:19 PM
...;12793176']croat???

I think Marina Erakovic was born in Croatia and migrated to NZ.. (and Dokic d. Erakovic QR1 AO 2008)

..leave it to kittyking to reference to Erakovic despite how unrelated she is to the thread :p

...kidding kittyking..

Golovinjured.
Mar 26th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Guys, it does not have to mean she will PLAY for Serbia. If she moves to Serbia I guess she will move without Bikic brothers, which is good.

I spose thats good then, thanks JustDoIt..

I have a question :p I kinda missed the last comeback of Jelena Dokic (which may be explanation as to my extreme optimism this time round) and I don't know what influence the Bikic brothers had on her. So what is so bad about Tin and Borna Bikic, what have they done to Jelena?

So Disrespectful
Mar 26th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Jelena will be back in Australia by 2010 seeking wildcards and cash again. Can hardly wait. :)

ninanina19
Mar 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Entry list update:

25K Civitecchia: Alt #27
10K Foggia: QUALIES #25
25K Bari: Alt #210

So good to see Jelena reach the qualies for Foggia but I sense we'll hear of a withdrawal very soon. Hopefully not it'd be great just her name in a draw again!She's in qualies. Hopefully she plays!!!

Just Do It
Mar 26th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I doubt she will play.

cn ireland
Mar 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I don't really mind if she changes back to reprensenting Serbia as long as she starts playing soon.

Entry List Update:
25K Civitecchia: Alt #19
10K Foggia: Qualy #23
25K Bari: Alt #207

No Wildcards announced for Civitecchia as of yet but can't really see her playing here if she intends to move back to Serbia.

ce
Mar 26th, 2008, 04:30 PM
:o
JELENA VRATI SE :sobbing:

cn ireland
Mar 26th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Jelena has withdrawn from Foggia:fiery:! As a result I think we can safely assume that she has no intention of playing anytime soon:sad:.

Golovinjured.
Mar 26th, 2008, 11:01 PM
for fucks sake :fiery:

Slutati
Mar 27th, 2008, 06:44 AM
That's Jelena, you can't expect anything else from her:worship:.She'll probably get a Wimbledon qualies WC and lose to Stevenson:rolleyes:Good luck with your next comeback, Jelena:lol::kiss:

Schnyderfreak
Mar 27th, 2008, 08:46 AM
My goodness Jelena so much news and so little play ...................

Daniel.
Mar 27th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Watch this video again! It might make you laugh, it might make you cry, it might make you orgasm. hahaha. But seriously... how embarressing is it that we all fell for this bullshit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qRwkxdXNu8&feature=related

The very last thing she says is the biggest lie i've every heard!

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 27th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Depressing.

cn ireland
Mar 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
As expected no wildcard for Jelena in Civitavecchia. However if by some strange miracle she decided to show up tomorrow to sign in she's alternate #8 and would have a chance of getting in. But as we all know Jelena dosen't seem bothered about tennis at the moment so I don't think it'll happen.

She's also alternate #199 in Bari!

Just Do It
Mar 27th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I think it is positive that she is still commiting to those Italian challengers. I doubt she will play this spring,though.

If she moves to Serbia, I guess she will live with her Mother and brother in Belgrade :shrug:

She would have good conditions to train there, definitely better than in Zagreb.

OZTENNIS
Mar 27th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Yer but will she train??

powerbackhand
Mar 28th, 2008, 12:55 PM
KArolina SPrem fan said jelena is planning to play in MAy and enter ITF in ZAGREB DOnt know where the info came from tho???

powerbackhand
Mar 28th, 2008, 12:57 PM
JELENA should travel with one of the top players as their hitting partner until she can get into a tournament. THat would be brilliant

Belco
Mar 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Watch this video again! It might make you laugh, it might make you cry, it might make you orgasm. hahaha. But seriously... how embarressing is it that we all fell for this bullshit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qRwkxdXNu8&feature=related

The very last thing she says is the biggest lie i've every heard!

my youtube :D

cn ireland
Mar 28th, 2008, 05:36 PM
KArolina SPrem fan said jelena is planning to play in MAy and enter ITF in ZAGREB DOnt know where the info came from tho???

Well whether its true or not at least its positive news:)

Привет
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Look at where Marina Erakovic has gone this year. Jelena should be kicking ass right now. I can't comprehend why she is not. :rolleyes:

scottsue
Mar 29th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I agree completely. I am starting to feel very disheartened and have deleted my signature.

azza
Mar 30th, 2008, 03:53 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Consigliere
Apr 1st, 2008, 05:09 PM
and she whinged about not getting help from ta.

prove something first!

cn ireland
Apr 1st, 2008, 07:18 PM
Jelena didn't make the qualy draw in Citivecchia anyway.

Entry List Update:
25K Bari: Alt #28
10K Naples : Alt #129

To be honest I dont know Jelena keeps committing to these challengers when it is obvious that she has no intention of playing them!!

Just Do It
Apr 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
^ She just wants to show to the World she is still alive.

Havok
Apr 1st, 2008, 10:37 PM
*sigh*

This retard isn't going to be playing for a long time. Please retire Jelena if you don't want to play. Stop half-assing everything you try and fucking do. Grow some balls, and play through the shitty matches. Greener grass in on the other side.:o

azza
Apr 2nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
what a faker

rada
Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:42 AM
People just need to give her a break if she wants to play or not that is up to her. She has had so much happen in her life with family and personal that if she returns then that's great but if she can't then oh well it's not easy being number 4 in the world to having no rank plus no family there to support you.

powerbackhand
Apr 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM
*sigh*

This retard isn't going to be playing for a long time. Please retire Jelena if you don't want to play. Stop half-assing everything you try and fucking do. Grow some balls, and play through the shitty matches. Greener grass in on the other side.:o

how can u call jelena a retard. For all u know she has major problems :rolleyes: Maybe she does suffer from depression

cn ireland
Apr 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Entry list update:

25K Bari: Alt #23
10K Naples: Alt #119

Schnyderfreak
Apr 5th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Cmon Jelena show yourself.It's a pity not seeing you follow through a good start in Melbourne

Ben.
Apr 6th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Well she has a good chance of getting into qualies for bari, but who knows.

cn ireland
Apr 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Well she has a good chance of getting into qualies for bari, but who knows..

She probably would get into qualies if she showed up there but as you said who knows with Jelena;).

cn ireland
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Entry List Update:

25K Bari: Alt #10
10K Naples: Qualy #26
10K Brescia: Alt #115

I think we can expect an imminent withdrawal from Jelena once she's realised she's made the qualy draw there!!!!

Just Do It
Apr 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Play Jelena.

Uranium
Apr 8th, 2008, 09:22 PM
she may play(:tape:), oo how gullible i am

Schnyderfreak
Apr 8th, 2008, 09:31 PM
me tooo me toooo CMON PLAY JELENAAA!!

Cankarlo
Apr 9th, 2008, 11:12 AM
finally she is on a qualifying list of a tournament :D hopefully she plays naples.

Golovinjured.
Apr 9th, 2008, 11:43 AM
$25K Bari - 7th Alternate
$10K Naples - Qualifying Draw
$10K Brescia - 112th Alternate

Retirement from Naples is iminent I presume :( Please play Jelena! Wouldn't it be great to see her one the ranking sheets once more? Even if it were around 400 or whatever..

Ben.
Apr 9th, 2008, 11:51 AM
well she's on the list for the Naples qualies draw :D thats a start.

OZTENNIS
Apr 9th, 2008, 11:53 AM
When is Naples?

Ben.
Apr 9th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Italy

Golovinjured.
Apr 9th, 2008, 12:04 PM
When is Naples?

When? Well Bari starts next week, and Naples is week after that. I don't know dates ;)

Golovinjured.
Apr 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I'm going through some severe Dokic withdrawal symptons at the moment everyone. Missing her very much and thinking of what could have been makes me very disappointed.

I just spent hours looking for photos of Dokic taken from the beginning of her latest comeback and I found 79 pictures, yes 79 different pictures! The pictures range from her first training session after arriving back in Australia, to her (failed) voyage for an Australian Open MDWC at the '07 Playoffs, to her qualification into the Hobart MD and also her Australian Open Qualifying action. It's just so weird that she's done this disappearing act after a more-than-promising return to tennis in Australia, I really thought this was it.

Well it may still be, nothing's a certainty when it comes to Jelena. She still has achieved a fair amount upto this point in the year. Only 10 Australian women have accumulated more points in their last 12 months on tour than Dokic has in only 2 WTA events she's contested, and her wins prove she can very comfortably return to the Top 100 at the very least.

I'm not going to presume that it's family issues, injury or depression sidelining Jelena anymore, this is purely speculation. Nobody knows unfortunately, and I won't believe anything about Jelena's situation until Jelena herself has something to say about it. She will play when she's ready, I hope that's soon but if it's not we should respect that. I do hope that her return in January is not the last we see of Jelena, but I have faced the fact that it very well may be and my main hope is no longer that Jelena returns to the court, but it's that Jelena is happy. Whether she plays or not, it's not important for Jelena, what's important is that she's happy with what she's doing and content with the people around her.

However, one thing I have wondered about is whether any past/present players have been in touch with Jelena over her rough patch on the court from 2005 onward for support. She seemed to form quite a strong bond with Nadia Petrova in particular, but also Kim Clijsters, Elena Likhovtseva and Conchita Martinez. I wonder if any of her friends from the tour have contacted Jelena while she hasn't been a constant figure on the WTA tour, or if she just drifted apart from them. It'd be great to see Martinez or maybe even Likhovtseva (who seems to be on the way out) be a part of the Dokic entourage, something I've never really thought about before. In my opinion, having Martinez in Dokic's corner - whether coach or just support - just seems like something that would fit really well.

Also a big hello to all the folks over at Tennisrulz.com! You don't know me but I found many pictures of Dokic on your forum so thanks plenty for easing my heartache :) I reckon you guys should come over here, it'd be great to recruit a few more Dokic fans. There can never be too many Dokic fans that's for sure.

I'll wish Dokic all the luck in the world in whatever she embarks on, whether that be tennis or not. She's still achieved a hell of a lot in her career, and not many people can say they reached a Wimbledon SF and was ranked as high as #4 in the world. She's done herself proud in my opinion :)

Just Do It
Apr 9th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Get a fucking point :sobbing: She will even get in Bari Q draw.

Schnyderfreak
Apr 9th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'm going through some severe Dokic withdrawal symptons at the moment everyone. Missing her very much and thinking of what could have been makes me very disappointed.

I'll wish Dokic all the luck in the world in whatever she embarks on, whether that be tennis or not. She's still achieved a hell of a lot in her career, and not many people can say they reached a Wimbledon SF and was ranked as high as #4 in the world. She's done herself proud in my opinion :)

Except for the comebacks then :sad::sad:.She quit the game as a winner for sure. But her tries for a succesful comeback make her dramatic:sad:.

IMO if she'd only followed through the months after not getting into the maindraw at the AO with playing any 10k or whatever tournament just to show that she keeps on playing would be a good sign.what she's showing now of not showing up at all is definitely NOT!!!

this is what saddens me cuz it's a sign that she's giving up after a promising start beating top 100 players. Allright not getting into the draw is dissapointing but where are you coming from then??
be realistic in your goals and achievements!!!!

Perseverence is also a quality of top players to come back to their old level of play. Any body remember that Agassi once had to play Satellites(ITF) before he could actually get into the "normal" tournaments again?? He did come back into the top 10 again with perseverence and self believe. I am/was a great fan of Pete Sampras at the time but do have alot of respect for Agassi's comeback!!!!!
It´s a pity that Jelena is not showing the same perseverence but who are we to judge her not knowing her complete situation.

As fans though she could understand that after her performance at the AO we realy wish to see her in action again even if she lost cuz then at least we would then see a sign of life.!!

Agree she has done herself proud in the past, but I think with these failed comebacks she still has a score to settle!!

Philip
Apr 9th, 2008, 11:52 PM
i cant say i have faith. but i hope she plays..

AUSBOY
Apr 10th, 2008, 02:19 AM
4 spots out of Bari $25K qualifying now. Hope she can get in!

scottsue
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Still not withdrawn so that is a good thing.

Cankarlo
Apr 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Jelena now is in the Bari qualifying list as well. Hopefully this is the end of a huge break for her.

Ben.
Apr 10th, 2008, 11:50 AM
good to hear :D now lets see if she plays.

Slutati
Apr 10th, 2008, 12:15 PM
She'll withdraw for sure.
Please prove me wrong Jelena:sobbing:

Just Do It
Apr 10th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I also think she will w/d or even worse. go there, and lose in QR1 because she did not train since January :o

Cankarlo
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:46 PM
she really didn't train since January? I would want to know if she lost more weight since the Australian season.

ce
Apr 10th, 2008, 04:21 PM
she wont play,if she plays i would be :unsure:

Slutati
Apr 10th, 2008, 04:29 PM
omg, do you guys think she's fat again?Man, this sucks, she worked so hard to lose all the weight and stuff...:sad:

Darop.
Apr 10th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Just give up people. She's obviously pretty screwed up in the brain, and even if she does come back it will only be for maximum 1 month and get wasted by some Punzo-wannabes in 10K quallies.

:shrug:

Highlandman
Apr 10th, 2008, 05:10 PM
If she wants to play and will play, I'm sure she can go very far. It just depends on her & not on opponents, in Hobart & also Aussi Open she has shown that she can beat these players easily again.

I mean: Trashing Shvedova, Meusburger & Erakovic + beating Martina Müller was really strong. ;)

cn ireland
Apr 10th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I also think she will w/d or even worse. go there, and lose in QR1 because she did not train since January :o

Well at least if she showed up it would mean she wants to play tennis again which is positive. And a loss in the 1st round of qualies would at least give her a ranking again:).

Please show up in Bari Jelena!!

Angelo
Apr 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
4 spots out of Bari $25K qualifying now. Hope she can get in!

Jelena is in qualifing draw!!!!!!
I will see jelena playing here in my city (BARI)!!!!
i will post the pics here, i promise!!!!
Go jelena!!

Just Do It
Apr 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM
^ :eek: Q draw is already out ? Where ? :unsure:

powerbackhand
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
stay in the draw jelena

cn ireland
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Jelena is in qualifing draw!!!!!!
I will see jelena playing here in my city (BARI)!!!!
i will post the pics here, i promise!!!!
Go jelena!!

Oh please let this be true, it would be sooooooooo great to hear of Jelena playing again:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Just Do It
Apr 10th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I remember once she was in MD , and was seen on the court, then went to the toilet and just disappeared :spit:

Hopefully she will play, she needs to win 2 matches @ 25k event to qualifyand get a point.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Someone post the draw. I don't believe it, personally.

Just Do It
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:23 PM
^ LOL it is not out yet.

cn ireland
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I didn't think the draw was out until tomorrow so maybe the poster thinks that because she's on the entry list she'll play. I hope she will but i'm not holding my breath.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 10th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Oh, for God's sake. :rolleyes:

*refers to what Darop. said*

End.

Uranium
Apr 10th, 2008, 09:20 PM
ooo please play Jelena:bigcry:
:lol:

Slutati
Apr 10th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I remember once she was in MD , and was seen on the court, then went to the toilet and just disappeared :spit:

:spit:No fucking way!That can't be true...LOL if it is though :rolls:

ce
Apr 10th, 2008, 10:26 PM

Hopefully she will play, she needs to win 2 matches @ 25k event to qualifyand get a point.

:tape::tape:

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 10th, 2008, 10:35 PM
LMAO, that toilet story isn't true. She was in the main draw but she never showed up for her 1R. She didn't go on court and leave for a "toilet break" :lol: :tape:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Apr 11th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Play Jelena!

vutt
Apr 11th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Let's start jump up and down after we find her in q.draw. It will then mean she is actually there.

That "toilet story" got wings because of how main draw are done on ITF tour. Players are not required to be at tournament site when main draw is created.

Just Do It
Apr 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Toilet story :tape: :haha:

Jelena moving up in Q list, it must be she forgot to w/d.

Uranium
Apr 11th, 2008, 11:21 AM
if she withdraws, she would have to pay more money, so she better play:armed:

Just Do It
Apr 11th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I guess she will take a racquet in the train from Zagreb to Bari for the first time since January.

auntie janie
Apr 11th, 2008, 11:35 AM
She has finally withdrawn from Bari. I guess she'll wait till next Friday to withdraw from Naples! :lol:

Just Do It
Apr 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM
:sad:

ce
Apr 11th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Jelena :haha:

Golovinjured.
Apr 11th, 2008, 12:06 PM
:sad: Oh well.. looks like we'll be riding the increasingly bumpy road of Jelena Dokic fanaticism to Naples next week then.. She's still in the qualifying list so that may be a good sign :shrug:

Ben.
Apr 11th, 2008, 12:10 PM
ah well, no surprises. but she's still got naples on the list.

OZTENNIS
Apr 11th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Like she'll play there :o :yawn:

Cankarlo
Apr 11th, 2008, 12:32 PM
she has withdrawn from Bari is such a sad story. It was so close to play a match once more. :(

Golovinjured.
Apr 11th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I'm kind of a bit relieved because she didn't play there and lose in R1 of qualifying, which could have been very possible with floaters like Arantxa Rus, Polona Hercog and Michaella Johansson in Quallies...

Best of luck in Naples if you choose to play Jelena :)

Golovinjured.
Apr 11th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Happy birthday Jelena :)

Just Do It
Apr 11th, 2008, 03:04 PM
^ It's tomorrow. Okay, I know you are in Australia :lol:

Uranium
Apr 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Jelena:fiery:, get off your ass and play, tennis is funner than eating donuts on your couch watching other players rise in tennis on TV:o

cn ireland
Apr 12th, 2008, 11:53 AM
She has finally withdrawn from Bari. I guess she'll wait till next Friday to withdraw from Naples! :lol:.

I can't say i'm surprised that she withdrew, but on a more positive note at least she's still on the entry list for Naples.

Happy 25th birthday Jelena:)

King Aaron
Apr 12th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Lol @ the toilet story. Only Jelena can incite such crazy stories. Tomatoes and paprikas, then the toilet story. :haha:

cn ireland
Apr 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Still on the entry list for Naples. I know that nothing about Jelena is predictable but wouldn't it have made sense to withdraw from Naples at the same time as Bari. Maybe she is actually thinking of playing there!!!

Golovinjured.
Apr 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM
:shrug:

Just Do It
Apr 13th, 2008, 02:02 PM
^^And wouldnt be strange that she w/d from Bari and then plays Naples ? When Naples is following Bari :shrug:

Uranium
Apr 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM
that would be stupid to skip a 25K but play a 10K, where it would involve qualifying to get points

King Aaron
Apr 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM
that would be stupid to skip a 25K but play a 10K, where it would involve qualifying to get points
It's not like she's known for making smart decisions. :shrug:

Uranium
Apr 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM
yea, but i just want her to get a ranking again already

Mr.Kardashian
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:19 AM
happy birthday Jelena .... start playing i miss you!

gojelena!
Apr 14th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Surprise surprise Jelenas pulled out from both Naples and Brescia

Golovinjured.
Apr 14th, 2008, 02:01 PM
It was iminent anyway, I'm happy she pulled out now instead of the day before quallies begin because that gets my hopes up.

I really hope she enters the $75K in Zagreb. It makes sense that she would play here, and Karolina_Sprem said she would so we'll see if they're right or not.

cn ireland
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:15 PM
It was iminent anyway, I'm happy she pulled out now instead of the day before quallies begin because that gets my hopes up.

I really hope she enters the $75K in Zagreb. It makes sense that she would play here, and Karolina_Sprem said she would so we'll see if they're right or not.

I totally agree with everything you said. Hopefully Zagreb will be the start of a wonderful summer for Jelena:)

ce
Apr 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I totally agree with everything you said. Hopefully Zagreb will be the start of a wonderful summer for Jelena:)

:haha:

SM
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:12 AM
YEAH IF SHE WINS ZAGREB 75K SHE CAN START WITH A GOOD RANKING :) and might actually play some more..

Dokic Pierce
Apr 15th, 2008, 05:46 AM
When is Zagreb 75K ?

Golovinjured.
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:37 AM
When is Zagreb 75K ?

May 5 :) Entry list should come out in the next 24 hours...

Everyone cross your fingers and toes and hope she enters this and not some Italian ITF :rolleyes:

Darop.
Apr 15th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I doubt she'll play...

Just Do It
Apr 15th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Is Zagreb 75k entry list out ? I am actually not sure If they would give her any wild card at all :shrug:

Milan Dokic, any news on Jelena ( training again ) ?

Golovinjured.
Apr 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Not out yet..should be soon though :)

dokicz09
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:47 PM
ahh! nooo Dokic is not on entry list in Zagreb;/ fuck it alll!!!!

Slutati
Apr 15th, 2008, 04:15 PM
:spit:What a surprise:eek:
I guess we'll see her in 2010 or something:shrug:Too bad, Jelena:hug:

auntie janie
Apr 15th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Exactly like last year ...

cn ireland
Apr 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Jelena why did you not enter Zagreb yet put your name forward for a 25K in Florence which you have no intention of playing. Very disappointed!!

Belco
Apr 15th, 2008, 04:59 PM
i guess we will see her again at aussie open 2009 :rolls: :lol:

Golovinjured.
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:40 PM
:bigcry:

:yeah: Thanks for that great inside info Karolina_Sprem :rolleyes:

Dokic Pierce
Apr 16th, 2008, 02:08 AM
She can still enter Zagreb can't she?

MilanDokic
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I have a new info for you guys!

Jelena is in Zagreb at the moment, is going to Monte Carlo these days to practice! BTW, she is very often in Monte Carlo!

She called her father Damir to wish him a happy birthday, and told she would play an event about 28th April! I don't know what she meant!

Slutati
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:08 PM
At this point, I can't believe a thing she says anymore:shrug:I guess we'll see what happens.But why the fuck does she keep entering those tournaments and then withdraws in the last minute?

dokicz09
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
nks Milan Dokic for this news!!! i really need this now;d Yeach i hope all this is true and Jelena is gonna play 28 April.. But what can it be????? an ITF event in Italy??? but she withdrew from Brescia.. I can't waittt!!! THx one more time^^

ce
Apr 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM
please let it be true :hearts:

Golovinjured.
Apr 16th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the info MilanDokic :yeah:

Just Do It
Apr 16th, 2008, 08:00 PM
What is she doing in Monte Carlo, found a new boyfriend ? :lol:

Well, that is definitely a good info, she is practicing ... maybe she will play Morocco or Prague WTA events ?

-NAJ-
Apr 16th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Her father was on TV few weeks ago. he was talking about his vineyard. He possess huge land near Novi Sad.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 16th, 2008, 09:32 PM
LOL. Being a Jelena fan is entertaining. If only she actually showed up to play more.

-NAJ-
Apr 16th, 2008, 10:26 PM
PARTIZAN VRAĆA JELENU DOKIĆ

Dušan Grujić kreće u misiju oporavka nekadašnje zvezde
Uz svu tenisku euforiju koja je zahvatila Srbiju, zaboravile su se neke stvari koje ne bi smele da se zaborave.

Pre svih gde je i šta radi Jelena Dokić? Na to pitanje odgovor je dao predsednik TK Partizan Dušan Grujić, koji je krenuo u plemenitu misiju vraćanja nekada četvrte teniserke sveta u vrh.

- Juče sam se čuo telefonom sa Jelenom. Jako se obradovala kada mi je čula glas, pošto smo ostali u sjajnim odnosima. Posle perioda boravka u Australiji, vratila se u Monte Karlo gde joj je prebivalište – ističe Dušan Grujić.

Ono što je najvažnije je sasatanak koji ćete imati sa njom?

- Upravo tako. Jelena se trenutno nalazi u Zagrebu gde prodaje stan i u ponedeljak ćemo se sastati. Ona je istakla da želi da se vrati u teniski vrh i mi ćemo sve uraditi da joj pomognemo.

Prepreka više nije ni otac Damir?

- Posle dužeg vremena Jelena i Damir su razgovarali telefonom. I ono što je ohrabrujuće je da je Jelena prvi put pitala oca šta da radi? Da li da povratak počne igrajući na malim ili velikim turnirima. Pa, recite mi koji to roditelj ne želi svu sreću svome detetu? To je veliki korak ka njenom oporavku. Ima samo 23 i po godine i pravi je greh da odsustvuje iz teniskog vrha.

Kakva će biti uloga Partizana ?

- Prvo, da je približimo njenim najrođenijima jer samo tako može da se uspešno vrati među najbolje. Jedini čovek koji može da je vrati na staze uspeha je Damir. I to u roku od 6 do 8 meseci.

Da li to znači da su se njih dvoje pomirili?

- Damir jeste pravio neke sitnije greške u prošlosti. Međutim pojedini novinari su od toga pravili senzacije i drame i negativno uticali na celu situaciju. On se trenutno nalazi na imanju u Vrdniku (60 km od Beograda), gde peče rakiju i čeka da se Jelena vrati.

I na kraju, da li će se Jelena vratiti u Srbiju?

- Sve ću vam reći posle našeg sastanka u Zagrebu narednog ponedeljka. Ja ću joj ponuditi sve što Partizan može da joj pruži. Nadam se pozitivnom odgovoru, jer Jelena zaslužuje da se vrati u vrh – zaključuje čovek koji ima glavnu ulogu u njenom oporavku.

Slutati
Apr 16th, 2008, 10:30 PM
:eek:Thank you sooo much.
She's soooo coming back to Serbia:banana:

auntie janie
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:00 PM
:confused: What does it say? The only words I can understandu are tenisku, telefonom and Zagrebu.

auntie janie
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:02 PM
:eek:Thank you sooo much.
She's soooo coming back to Serbia:banana:

Ah! See, MilanDokic was right again; he told us that some time ago. :hatoff:

Slutati
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I can translate it if nobody else does, but I'm not sure if this is a new article or an old one.It says she's 23 years old, so I'm kinda confused:lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:11 PM
LOL she's not gonna represent Serbia again.

-NAJ-
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:13 PM
President of Tennis club Partizan from Belgrade will help her to back in top.
Jelena these days is selling her flat in Zagreb.

Dušan Grujić told that her relationship with father is better. Jelena was talking with Damir with phone, she was aksing him what to do with her tennis career.

Next monday Dusan Grujic and Jelena will have date in Zagreb. More info soon.

sorry . my English is bad

Slutati
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I translated the whole thing, it's not very good, but I hope you get the picture:lol:

Partizan to help Dokic in her comeback

With the tennis euphoria that caught the whole Serbia, certain things that shouldn’t be forgotten were in fact forgotten.

First and foremost where is and what is Jelena Dokic doing? The answer to this question comes from TK Partizan’s president, Dušan Grujić, who is willing to help the former world number 4 in returning to the top of the rankings.

-Yesterday we talked on the phone. She was very pleased when she heard my voice, as we still have a wonderful relationship. After living in Australia for a while she returned to Monte Carlo, where her residence is, says Dušan Grujić.

The most important thing is the meeting you're going to have with Jelena?

-Exactly. At the moment, Jelena is in Zagreb, where she is selling her apartment. We arranged our meeting on Monday. She claimed she wants to come back to the top and we will do everything we can to help her.

Even her father Damir is not an obstacle anymore?

-Jelena and Damir spoke on the phone after a long time. The encouraging thing is that Jelena asked her father for the first time to tell her what to do-to start her comeback by playing smaller or bigger events? Now tell me what parent doesn’t want all the happiness in the world for their child? This is a big step towards her recovery. She’s 23 years old; it would be a crime if she gave up.

What role is Partizan going to have in her comeback?

-The first thing is reuniting her with her family, that’s the only way she could make a successful comeback. The only person that could get her back on track is her father Damir within 6 and 8 months.

Does this mean they’ve made up?

-Damir has made smaller (lol) mistakes in the past. Some media decided to make a real sensation out of the whole thing and they had a negative influence on the whole situation. He’s currently staying in his property in Vrdnik (60 km from Belgrade), where he’s making rakija and waiting for his daughter to return.

So is Jelena coming back to Serbia?

-I will tell you everything after our meeting in Zagreb the next Monday. I will offer her everything Partizan tennis club has to offer. I’m hoping for a positive response as Jelena deserves to be back on top, says the man who has the most important part in her comeback.

Uranium
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Jelena is coming:armed:

-NAJ-
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks Papercut!!

maybe Jelena will be watching Fed cup in Zagreb. (serbia-croatia) 26-27 .april) who knows :)))

rada
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Well this is good news she should be back with her family :)

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:50 PM
It's never ending with Jelena. :haha: Probably just more false hope, but I hope she makes something of this situation. Sounds like this guy wants to help her. It's all about whether she's willing to accept the help long term though.

OZTENNIS
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Nice to hear that she's going to be back with her father I suppose...
This looks to me though like she'll be representing Serbia AGAIN...why else would the Serbian tennis authorities offer her assistance?

And it's not like this is going to be any different to her two last Aussie Open and co attempts, she'll say that she is determined, motivated, worked out personal problems and wants to make the top 50 again...we all know deep down - that ain't happening...at least she might get a ranking again though

Please just stay as an Aussie though Jelena :sad:

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:55 PM
She's not gonna represent Serbia again even if she plans to "train" there. That would just be ludicrous.

OZTENNIS
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:01 AM
She's not gonna represent Serbia again even if she plans to "train" there. That would just be ludicrous.
So she;s just going back to live there, train there and use the Serbia authorities for assistance...
If she stayed in Australian and worked on her game here, she would have already been top 200 by now...the Aussie authorities had helped her put in all the hard yards and then she just flung it aside :o

Slutati
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:05 AM
It's impossible to know what she's planning on doing next.It wouldn't surprise me if she decided that she wants to play for Brazil :shrug:

Golovinjured.
Apr 17th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Even her father Damir is not an obstacle anymore?

-Jelena and Damir spoke on the phone after a long time. The encouraging thing is that Jelena asked her father for the first time to tell her what to do-to start her comeback by playing smaller or bigger events? Now tell me what parent doesn’t want all the happiness in the world for their child? This is a big step towards her recovery. She’s 23 years old; it would be a crime if she gave up.

She's 25! Is this current or is it from her last comeback in 2006?

Please stay an Aussie Jelena! We love you here!!!

Slutati
Apr 17th, 2008, 01:52 AM
She's 25! Is this current or is it from her last comeback in 2006?

Please stay an Aussie Jelena! We love you here!!!
I know I'm also confused about that:confused:He said 23 and a half actually:lol:So I dunno.
Edit:looks like it's current
http://www.sport.novosti.co.yu/sadrzaj.php?kat=10&pkat=38&id_vest=24945

Philip
Apr 17th, 2008, 01:59 AM
to be honest im sure ive read that article before...

hmm anyway.
guess its good news? :shrug:

Golovinjured.
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Ok..I hope it is - wonder when we'll hear more about this 'meeting'

Aahh the suspense!

Ben.
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:33 AM
It's never ending with Jelena. :haha: Probably just more false hope, but I hope she makes something of this situation. Sounds like this guy wants to help her. It's all about whether she's willing to accept the help long term though.

Exactly, I wouldn't get too excited just yet, I mean its great to hear some news about her again & that she is reuniting with her father & family but whether she actully goes ahead with these things is another question.

vutt
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:56 AM
So she;s just going back to live there, train there and use the Serbia authorities for assistance...
If she stayed in Australian and worked on her game here, she would have already been top 200 by now...the Aussie authorities had helped her put in all the hard yards and then she just flung it aside :o

I think the the keyword here is "her family".

About the "yet ANOTHER family reunion"...
... well, we all have seen that before. A lot of words. Have not worked out before. Let's wait and see and then draw conclusions.

Привет
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Make something of this Jelena. My hopes are nowhere near 'up' though.

Just Do It
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:17 AM

Oh nothing will surprise me.

YAY Jelena coming to Belgrade YAY I'm gonna stalk her. And she is selling her flat in Zagreb :eek: :banana:

Maybe she broke with Tin Bikic ?

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Please make this be true!

Golovinjured.
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I really hope she stays Australian :)

I hope this is for real - any news is good news I guess..

auntie janie
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:15 AM
"The only person that could get her back on track is her father Damir"

Sorry, but this part of the story doesn't sound too good to me!

auntie janie
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:18 AM

I didn't see anything about "Serbia authorities" helping Jelena -- isn't it just some man who runs a tennis club in Serbia? Maybe I misunderstood the article. :shrug:

-NAJ-
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:39 AM
just a man who runs a tennis club.

I think that is not time to disscus about for who will Jelena play.
main thing is jelena's comeback in top wta

i agree that her dad is a moron, but still is her dad and that relationship nobody will destroy. they had/have bad time but it's a life.
it is not easy to forgive some things but we are just human beings

Just Do It
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I didn't see anything about "Serbia authorities" helping Jelena -- isn't it just some man who runs a tennis club in Serbia? Maybe I misunderstood the article. :shrug:

He runs the most successful tennis club in Serbia. Serbian tennis federation cant help Jelena, because they dont have with what to help her. They even dont have national courts :shrug:

A help from " Partizan " club would be the best solution :yeah:

dokicz09
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Well, we are waiting now for other news;d it is good to hear that Jelena is not sitting now and watching a TV <lol2>

auntie janie
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM
He runs the most successful tennis club in Serbia. Serbian tennis federation cant help Jelena, because they dont have with what to help her. They even dont have national courts :shrug:

A help from " Partizan " club would be the best solution :yeah:

Yeah, the club sounds great. But I just wish the people at the club would help Jelena make decisions about her career instead of talking about having Damir take over again. :o

Oh, well, at least she's doing SOMETHING. And maybe Damir has turned over a new leaf. After all, Mary Pierce did get some help again from her bad dad after she was grown up. We'll just have wait and see how things play out -- same as always with this girl. :D

Highlandman
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I wish she would play Strasbourg '08 ;)

cn ireland
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I have a new info for you guys!

Jelena is in Zagreb at the moment, is going to Monte Carlo these days to practice! BTW, she is very often in Monte Carlo!

She called her father Damir to wish him a happy birthday, and told she would play an event about 28th April! I don't know what she meant!

I'm so excited about this news, I just hope its true. I think it'd be better to go back at tour level instead of ITF cos I think Jelena has proven already this year that she beat top 100 players.

Come on Jelena, don't let this be just a rumour:).

Uranium
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM
maybe Dokic wants to play Fes or Prague

Renalicious
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Well she's on the list for neither and a last minute entry seems improbably...

Just Do It
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:08 PM
^ Unranked players cant commit to WTA events but she can get a wild card.

Highlandman
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:17 PM

I think if she plays, she stays for first in Europe then. Prague & Strasbourg would make good sense.

Strasbourg - Qualies are every year so weak that she would even get in as unranked player if she could commit :lol:

King Aaron
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:40 PM
^I wouldn't want her to play those events. If this latest 'news' is to be believed. I doubt she's been training real hard for these past few months. Even if the 'news' is true, my guess would be that she's only recently begun training again. I highly doubt she'd be able to get the kind of results she had in Australia. :shrug:

Highlandman
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I think especially Strasbourg would be a good one. Look in Qualies from 2007, it was so unbelievable weak - last acceptant was a BYE :o

They even gave a WC there to Janine Tiszolsky, Caroline Kottuz or Anne-Priska Schäfer :p

Uranium
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:03 PM
thinking Prague or Fes wouldn't give her a Q or MD WC is stupid because i hope they do, i hope she plays 1 event before Rg:help:

MilanDokic
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hi people!

Are you ready for Jelena's come back? :bounce:

When she arrives Serbia, you will have many info, I promise, I will also go to see her.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Hi people!

When she arrives Serbia, you will have many info, I promise, I will also go to see her.
LOL.

Go Milan! We love you!

Slutati
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Yes we are very much ready.Go Jelena, comeback number 3 is it?Anyways, make this one count:rocker2:

Golovinjured.
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I think we'll call this one Dokic Comeback 2.5 yeah? :lol:

I was just about to change my username and avatar and lose all hope :bounce:

Milan - you are my hero!

azza
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I'l believe this when i see it :rolls:

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Me also...

Capriolo - didn't happen
Buchen - didn't happen
Minsk - didn't happen
Civitavecchia - didn't happen
San Severo - didn't happen
Bari - didn't happen
Naples - didn't happen
Brescia - didn't happen
Zagreb - didn't happen

10th time lucky?

Ben.
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:46 AM
who knows :lol: lets wait & see

Just Do It
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Hi people!

YAY

I have many questions, but I guess you still wouldnt be able to answer.

OZTENNIS
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:47 AM
:rolleyes:
For once...I'm with azza

OZTENNIS
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:48 AM
And it's not her 3rd comeback attempt either...multiply that by 10 and you'd be closer :tape:

Uranium
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM
i think they meant 3rd attempt this year

OZTENNIS
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
^^^
:lol: Okay that makes more sense :)

cn ireland
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I just want to know which tournament she's going to play? I hope its on the main tour.

dokicz09
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:01 AM
huh im am so interested where she is gonna play;d and cant wait for some news from Milan Dokic;d

CCCP1
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I just want to know which tournament she's going to play? I hope its on the main tour.

It would have to be either Fes or Prague right?

Darop.
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I doubt it's Fes or Prague.

I doubt she's going to play period. :o

Highlandman
Apr 20th, 2008, 10:48 AM
If she plays Strasbourg, I would try everything to see her live there & tell you all then :awww:

OZTENNIS
Apr 20th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Why would she play on the main tour?
She would need a wildcard, and that ain't gonna happen (outside Australia or UK)

Highlandman
Apr 20th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Why would she play on the main tour?
She would need a wildcard, and that ain't gonna happen (outside Australia or UK)

Why? For Qualies? I think in Strasbourg she would get one. I mean: Look in their Q-Field every year, with a Jelena Dokic it would directly sound different.2007 they gave a Q-WC to (un)-talented German Players like Carolin Kottuz or Janine Tiszolcsy ;)

Belco
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Maybe she broke with Tin Bikic ?

ill cross my fingers and :worship: god if she broke up with that scum bag :armed:

Just Do It
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:28 AM
Well, it is monday, Jelena should meet that guy today, right ?

Golovinjured.
Apr 21st, 2008, 11:24 AM
Yes. Maybe right now?

If you listen very carefully you may be able to here Jelena saying comeback once more? :lol:

Hope all goes well :bounce: Milan will hopefully have news very soon :bounce:

dokicz09
Apr 21st, 2008, 05:22 PM
yhhh i really can't wait for some infooo;d come on Milan Dokic;d

-NAJ-
Apr 21st, 2008, 08:59 PM
POČELA MISIJA POVRATKA U VRH

Grujić se susreo sa Dokićevom
Druga epizoda misije povratka Jelene Dokić na teren u
velikom stilu, koju “režira” Dušan Grujić, predsednik TK Partizan,protekla je na najbolji mogući način.

Posle početnih kontakata sa Srpkinjom preko telefona, kada je Dokićeva prihvatila gest Grujića koji je želeo da posreduje u njenom pomirenju sa ocem i da joj pomogne u povratku u vrh svetskog tenisa, usledio je jučerašnji susret u Zagrebu.

Prvi čovek crno belih, inače osvedočeni prijatelj porodice Dokić, posetio je Jelenu u hrvatskoj prestonici gde je živela prethodnih godina. Razgovor o teniskim i privatnim temama trajao je skoro dva sata, a kako Grujić ističe, postoji veliki prostor za optimizam, kada je reč o Jeleninom usponu na VTA listi.

Freakan
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:11 PM
translation, please?

OZTENNIS
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
What is the point in posting something in Serbian so the rest of us can't read it :rolleyes:

Uranium
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:19 PM
:rolls:
worse than MilanDokic's one sentence posts

Philip
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
POČELA MISIJA POVRATKA U VRH

Grujić se susreo sa Dokićevom
Druga epizoda misije povratka Jelene Dokić na teren u
velikom stilu, koju “režira” Dušan Grujić, predsednik TK Partizan,protekla je na najbolji mogući način.

Posle početnih kontakata sa Srpkinjom preko telefona, kada je Dokićeva prihvatila gest Grujića koji je želeo da posreduje u njenom pomirenju sa ocem i da joj pomogne u povratku u vrh svetskog tenisa, usledio je jučerašnji susret u Zagrebu.

Prvi čovek crno belih, inače osvedočeni prijatelj porodice Dokić, posetio je Jelenu u hrvatskoj prestonici gde je živela prethodnih godina. Razgovor o teniskim i privatnim temama trajao je skoro dva sata, a kako Grujić ističe, postoji veliki prostor za optimizam, kada je reč o Jeleninom usponu na VTA listi.
grrrr lol
need translation!! :p

-NAJ-
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:33 PM
What is the point in posting something in Serbian so the rest of us can't read it :rolleyes:

Someone will translate the text. My English is not so good. I could translate some parts but it would be many errors.
and don't be a insufferable with that simle :rolleyes:

Fretchap
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Someone will translate the text. My English is not so good. I could translate some parts but it would be many errors.
and don't be a insufferable with that simle :rolleyes:

Could you just say what it says in general, don't need to know each word just the main things ? :) :hug:

Philip
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM
The online translator says this:

POÄŚELA MISSION UNERASE FROM Comb Sea eel yourself encounter down Dokićevom Other episode mission unerase Deer Extinguish over site from big fashion , which “reĹľira” Dušan Sea eel , chairman TK Partizan,protekla had over best may naÄŤin. After poÄŤetnih contact down Serb across telephone , bathtub had Dokićeva accepted sign Grujića that had Ĺľeleo yes sock from her acquiescence down ocem plus yes ow fancy from unerase from comb svetskog tennis player usledio had juÄŤerašnji conjuction from Zagreb. Foremost ÄŤovek blackly garlic inaÄŤe osvedoÄŤeni friend housefold Extinguish , visitor had Deer from Croatia prestonici where had Ĺľivela antecedent year. Colloquy on tennis plus private subject continuous had but two sata , and how Sea eel equal , durable baggy svršetak after optimism , bathtub had reÄŤ on Jeleninom ascent over VTA roll.

haha make of it what you can.

we need a serbian :p

Slutati
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:53 PM
Here's the translation.The article doesn't say that much though:shrug:

Comeback mission to the top has begun

Grujić and Dokic met.
Second episode of Jelena’s comeback to the courts, which is “directed” by Dušan Grujić, president of TK Partizan, passed in the best possible way.

Yesterday’s meeting followed their initial contacts over the phone, when Dokic accepted his offer to help her make up with her father and get her back to the top of the tennis world.

The president of the black and white, a friend of the Dokic family, paid a visit to Jelena in Croatia’s capital, where she has been living for the past few years. The conversation about tennis and other private matters lasted for almost two hours and Grujić says there is a big place for optimism when it comes to Jelena’s rise on the WTA rankings list.

Fretchap
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Another comeback... let's hope this one is a real one...

Uranium
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
that was nothing we didn't know already though:yawn:

Golovinjured.
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:29 AM
WOW! THIS IS SHOCKING NEWS! ...that we also heard a few days back :lol:

I want MilanDokic to give us the dirt :devil: