PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's schedule?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21

Freakan
Mar 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Apparently Jelena already received MD WC for 100k+H Nassau :yeah:

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/Players-announced-for-The-Bahamas-Open2011-03-03T10-19-05

Mashabator
Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
:cheer:

martinafan
Mar 4th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Wow @ the schedule so far!!!!
Brisbane - Sydney - Australian Open - Paris - Dubai - Doha - Kuala Lumpur - 100K Nassau - Miami - Charleston

9 WTA events and 1 ITF event!

I'm loving 2011 so far!!!!

cn ireland
Mar 4th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Wow @ the schedule so far!!!!
Brisbane - Sydney - Australian Open - Paris - Dubai - Doha - Kuala Lumpur - 100K Nassau - Miami - Charleston

9 WTA events and 1 ITF event!

I'm loving 2011 so far!!!!

Me too:hearts:

It almost feels like a dream!!!

Daniel.
Mar 4th, 2011, 10:10 PM
And Sydney and Dubai are the only ones where she did not win a round so far, and both were to seeded players. Great year!

Gjtennis
Mar 4th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Will jelena be in the main draw for charleson? I'm planning to attend!

Just Do It
Mar 5th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I was wondering, how will Jelena play qualies in Miami if she goes deep in Bahamas ?

Freakan
Mar 5th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Miami q starts on Monday.

BlueTrees
Mar 5th, 2011, 01:12 PM
And Sydney and Dubai are the only ones where she did not win a round so far, and both were to seeded players. Great year!

Kuznetsova wasn't seeded in Sydney, but yes, she's had a great start to 2011 :)

Ballbasher
Mar 5th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Well she will not get anymore MWCs into WTA MDs this year (as she used 3 already), so Q in Miami is certain, unless she withdraws. :shrug:

Freakan
Mar 5th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Well she will not get anymore MWCs into WTA MDs this year (as she used 3 already), so Q in Miami is certain, unless she withdraws. :shrug:

iv. Players who have competed in WTA Tournaments for 10 Tour
Years or more (not necessarily consecutively) will be allowed
three (3) additional Wild Cards, either in Main Draw or in
Qualifying, in both singles and doubles.

Ballbasher
Mar 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM
:yeah: I always forget that rule. :D So still 3MWCs left for her.

vuhvuh
Mar 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
but now she will be ranked good enough to be in MD

Ballbasher
Mar 5th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Doesn't make a difference. She has to be ranked well enough, when the entry list is made.

Zhao
Mar 6th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Jelena is the type of player who likes to work her way into form... see Paris

I don't like the idea of her taking the easy route... see Dubai

Havok
Mar 6th, 2011, 01:27 AM
EveryWeekLena!:drool:

hdfb
Mar 6th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Wonder if theres any chance of getting a WC into Indian Wells. I'd rather her not play Bahamas really.

Uranium
Mar 6th, 2011, 02:40 AM
^The WCs are all taken and she doesn't have one.

Cankarlo
Mar 6th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Jelena's name is also in Barcelona field which will be run two weeks after Charleston event :D

hdfb
Mar 6th, 2011, 07:41 AM
^Ajde. Will she have to play Charleston Q?

qwertytx
Mar 6th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I don't think so, Lucic is last in and JD is ranked higher

BlueTrees
Mar 6th, 2011, 09:22 AM
It depends when the entry list was taken..if it was before Paris then Jelena might have to play qualies.

DokDi
Mar 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Apparently there's one MD WC left for IW. :unsure:

MiLaN_89
Mar 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Jelena will now probably be called for fed cup in april ,and,in my opinion,that would bring her no good.

She will have to travel to australia in the middle of clay courts season,and i doubt thay are gonna chose clay for that tie :S

hdfb
Mar 6th, 2011, 11:32 PM
^Totally flying to whereever she is playing to see her if she really is playing.
Sam and Groth still must be the main singles players though... and Jelena sure enough is NOT going to fill the void of Rennae Stubbs ;)
If Jelena is summoned, I personally can only see her playing a dead singles rubber, or if Groth or Sam either got injured on 1st day of the tie, or either Groth or Sam got a beatdown by a nobody.

Ballbasher
Mar 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Apparently there's one MD WC left for IW. :unsure:
Riske should have received it, as she isn't in qualifying. :p:shrug:

jela_dokic
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Stubbs did retire? only for fed cup or full retire???

sarddenso
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Stubbs did retire? only for fed cup or full retire???

Stubbs retired from tournaments after AO.
She was going to keep playing Fed Cup while Australia was winning.
However, they lost to Italy so she is now fully retired from playing.

Gjtennis
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:59 AM
It depends when the entry list was taken..if it was before Paris then Jelena might have to play qualies.

guys keep me updated on this. I wana start planning my trip just need to know if shes playing q's or maindraw

claypova
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Jelena is playing Qualies, she is NOT in MD

doktor
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Jelena is playing Qualies, she is NOT in MD

Qualies in what tourney?

Mashabator
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:15 AM
^ Exactly what i was thinking

Huntress55
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:35 AM
I think they're talking about Charleston maybe?

claypova
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Qualies in what tourney?

Miami? what tourney were you guys talking about? :sobbing:

claypova
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Oh, you guys were talking about Charleston :rolls: but I still think she didn't make the cut off, so she'll probably play qualies there as well

tennis_mag
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Ok so is this correct?

Bahamas-->Indian Wells-->Miami-->Charleston.

Or am I wrong, I think most importantly we need to know where to turn our attention to this week to see if the streak (can't believe I can say that now) continues.

hdfb
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:17 AM
^Indian Wells starts tomorrow. Bahamas starts next Monday. So quite the impossible.
Just take out IW and your flow chart is right. Add in Barcelona after Charleston ;)

Mashabator
Mar 8th, 2011, 07:06 AM
EveryweekLena :D

DokDi
Mar 8th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Jelena wasn't among the 6 Miami MDWC-holders announced today. :(

I think there are a couple of WC left though...?

qwertytx
Mar 8th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing her qualify for Miami, she won't play anyone ranked higher than her since she will be one of the top 12 seeds and it gives her a chance to get another 30 ranking points if she were to qualify.

Gjtennis
Mar 8th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Jelena wasn't among the 6 Miami MDWC-holders announced today. :(

I think there are a couple of WC left though...?

when will the last of the wc's for the main draw be announced
when does q's start for miami?

Darop.
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing her qualify for Miami, she won't play anyone ranked higher than her since she will be one of the top 12 seeds and it gives her a chance to get another 30 ranking points if she were to qualify.

I second this, plus get some matches under her belt going into the main draw, get used to courts and conditions

hdfb
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Is Jelena in Bahamas already? She said she was in Malaysia a week before the tournament started :lol:

Keadz
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Jelena will now probably be called for fed cup in april ,and,in my opinion,that would bring her no good.

She will have to travel to australia in the middle of clay courts season,and i doubt thay are gonna chose clay for that tie :S

Actually just read an article on the tennis Australia website which said the tie against Ukraine will actually be on clay courts in suburban Melbourne, at a club that I have played tennis at! Weird decision about the venue but Australias best surface right now is probably clay :lol:

Whether it would be smart for Jelena to play....probably not, but it gives her an opportunity to go to London for the olympics if she finishes the year well.

Freakan
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:35 PM
It's funny how Jelena needed a WC to get into MD in Bahamas and now she'll be no. 6 seed there :yeah:
Or even higher if any of the players ranked higher will do well in IW :)

hdfb
Mar 9th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Actually just read an article on the tennis Australia website which said the tie against Ukraine will actually be on clay courts in suburban Melbourne, at a club that I have played tennis at! Weird decision about the venue but Australias best surface right now is probably clay :lol:

Whether it would be smart for Jelena to play....probably not, but it gives her an opportunity to go to London for the olympics if she finishes the year well.

I'm dying here. :sobbing: So going :bigcry: Please play Jelena.

EDIT: Just saw the article, in Glen Iris!!! I live in Glen Waverley!!!! (15 minutes away) OMGGGGG I swear if I had a nicer home I'd invite Jelena back to my place for celebratory drinks when she wins the tie for Australia :sobbing: I don't know how big the club is and how much seating there will be :S I'm sure the tennis club members will get priority.

Just Do It
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:44 AM

EDIT: Just saw the article, in Glen Iris!!! I live in Glen Waverley!!!! (15 minutes away) OMGGGGG I swear if I had a nicer home I'd invite Jelena back to my place for celebratory drinks when she wins the tie for Australia :sobbing: I don't know how big the club is and how much seating there will be :S I'm sure the tennis club members will get priority.

:hysteric::hysteric: It's not like she would care since we all known she slept in some crappy Melbourne flat on the floor during AO 2009 when she was broke and when that mafia boss borrowed her money :hysteric:

hdfb
Mar 9th, 2011, 10:03 AM
^I hope the crappy Melbourne flat gave her a parking space for her Porsche :hysteric:

Daniel K
Mar 9th, 2011, 12:14 PM

Glen Iris is a beautiful club but still LOL at the decision. And wow at Glen Waverley you're 5 minutes away :lol:

Alizé Molik
Mar 10th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Glen Iris is a beautiful club but still LOL at the decision. And wow at Glen Waverley you're 5 minutes away :lol:

scary, isn't it? We're clearly all going if she plays.

Freakan
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Jelena has withdrawn from Nassau but as she got a WC I'm not sure if she actually won't play... My bet is she won't but I guess we have to wait..

hdfb
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
:scared: Here's hoping she plays...

Just Do It
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM
She probably wont play a 100k, maybe its better to go to Miami str8 away ?

tennisforadults
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Weird decision about the venue but Australias best surface right now is probably clay :lol:

Funny shit. Who would have thought?

DokDi
Mar 10th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Too bad she withdrew. :(

Hopefully she'll play Miami.

Darop.
Mar 10th, 2011, 02:31 PM
She probably wont play a 100k, maybe its better to go to Miami str8 away ?

Well, 2 weeks break isn't that much, considering she just won a title.... It'll give her time to tweak her game up and work on her fitness (or eat haagen dasz and make paprika-tomato pizza, depends on her mood :scared: :p )

Gjtennis
Mar 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM
So jelena will play miami q?

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Bahamas :sobbing:

auntie janie
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Well, 2 weeks break isn't that much, considering she just won a title.... It'll give her time to tweak her game up and work on her fitness (or eat haagen dasz and make paprika-tomato pizza, depends on her mood :scared: :p )

It's not just the week she spent in Kuala Lumpur; we have to remember also all the traveling she did before that: Paris --> Dubai --> Doha --> KL. Even with the early losses at Dubai and Doha, that's a hell of a lot of running around. I don't want to see her go nuts in the direction of playing too much any more than I want to see her playing too little. So imo, skipping Nassau is fine. Especially if she hooks up with her new coach Kratochvil during that time and gets some great prep work in, preferably somewhere in Florida, to be sleek and psyched for Miami. :rocker2:

Vladiricky
Mar 10th, 2011, 09:42 PM
It would've been great if she decided to play Nassau, but she really has travelled a lot. Get ready for Miami. :cheer:

dkat84
Mar 11th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Miami > Charleston > Fed Cup > Barcelona

Is that right? I hope she then plays Madrid and Rome, and then if she doesn't win a few matches in either of those she should play Strasbourg and then Roland Garros :hearts:

So Disrespectful
Mar 11th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Nice decision. You can't come from winning a WTA title into an ITF fatigued, a poor loss would be counter-productive at this point.

qwertytx
Mar 11th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Nice decision. You can't come from winning a WTA title into an ITF fatigued, a poor loss would be counter-productive at this point.

ITA. This is a girl who feeds on confidence and momentum, a bad loss at an ITF would set her back IMHO. She should be able qualify in Miami and have a great shot at the 2nd round at least, since she won't play a top 32 seed in round 1.

dok-stos
Mar 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I can't wait for Fed Cup.
Being selfish sorry.
I wanted to get my photo with Jelena after the wild-card play-off...
Before the rain me and my friend were so excited. Then it rained and Jelena lost.
Oh shit.
I grew a pear and decided to ask for Jelena's autograph/picture after the match....
Anyways, I got the worlds greatest death stare and the autograph, but no picture.
So I would like a picture :cheer:
And Jelena will look so sexy in the team uniform
Hopefully Jelena will continue to do well. I see Groth as the better doubles player, Jelena catching up fast as the better singles player.

cn ireland
Mar 11th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I'm glad that Jelena won't play Nassau, gives her a better chance of getting through Miami qualies.

DokicRules
Mar 12th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Check out what Jon Wertheim wrote this week in Sports Illustrated (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/03/07/best.three/index.html#ixzz1GKet58st):

2. Saint Jelena. The most heartwarming story in tennis this week had nothing to do with Davis Cup. Jelena Dokic was once a Top 5 player but the antics of her loathsome father became the central theme of her narrative. She fell out of the top 100, quit tennis, lost out on vast sums of money and dealt with both serious injuries and serious depression. Slowly -- and with pops mercifully absent -- she's climbed back. Last weekend she won her first title in nearly a decade, beating some decent opponents along the way to win in Kuala Lampur. She's already up to No. 60, and with no points to defend until July, she could be headed back to the upper reaches of the game at age 27. As Glenn Stevenson of New York noted: "You have to have a heart of stone not to root for her."

I was the one who wrote to him about it - he took most of my facts and then quoted me at the end -- but it's awesome to see her get this kind of press. Well-deserved :D

auntie janie
Mar 14th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Check out what Jon Wertheim wrote this week in Sports Illustrated (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/03/07/best.three/index.html#ixzz1GKet58st):

I was the one who wrote to him about it - he took most of my facts and then quoted me at the end -- but it's awesome to see her get this kind of press. Well-deserved :D

Hey, congrats! :hatoff:

MaryT
Mar 15th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hey, congrats! :hatoff:

Bravo za Jelenu!:inlove:

DokDi
Mar 15th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Jelena didn't get a WC for Miami. :(

She's still on the request list if a spot opens up.
How Martic and other players got it over Jelena I'll never know...

Just Do It
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:41 PM
IMG ?
Oh, and I posted this i off topic thread but since no one goes there I need to post it here as well http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=430899

Mastodon
Mar 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Jelena is playing Estoril.

MiLaN_89
Mar 16th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I thought she will play Barcelona that week? :S

She is stil on Barcelona's official site .

hdfb
Mar 17th, 2011, 12:36 AM
As long as she plays!!!
By the way got ticketing info for Fed Cup! Only $50USD to attend both days. :D Hope Jelena plays
I don't think I could handle Alona vs Jelena. I mean can you imagine!?!?!? :hysteric:

So Disrespectful
Mar 17th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I honestly thought Jelena would have been given a WC into Miami after winning a WTA title, but whatever.

dok-stos
Mar 17th, 2011, 02:59 AM
As long as she plays!!!
By the way got ticketing info for Fed Cup! Only $50USD to attend both days. :D :

Do you know the seating capacity of the venue?
It's pretty small right?
Never been or heard of it in Melb lol

hdfb
Mar 17th, 2011, 06:52 AM
I assume it will be small, as it will be temporary seating, they don't have a stadium or proper venue or anything like that.

It's actually in between Mount Waverley and Jordanville stations despite the name, so I live literally 5 mins away...

hdfb
Mar 17th, 2011, 06:53 AM
^The nearest major hotel is Novotel in Glen Waverley.... SO camping there on Saturday night if Alona or Jelena play.

dok-stos
Mar 17th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Cheers for the info.
Hopefully they announce the team soon.
Would be an amazing experience to see Jelena play for her country :cheer:

JamieOwen3
Mar 17th, 2011, 01:03 PM
no WC for miami? with her ranking and recent form? that's just bull crap!!

doktor
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
whens miami q draw?

and fuck i hope she doesn't play fedcup, sorry melbourne guys but i reckon flying back to aus will totally fuck her right now

DokDi
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Q-draw should be out tonight. (after 4pm local time)

Let's hope Jelena is in it... :unsure:

So Disrespectful
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I'm not happy that she has to play qualifying, but it's better that she keeps the momentum going anywhere rather than nowhere, or she could lose it all.

Please deal Jelly a kind draw!

Belco
Mar 20th, 2011, 12:03 PM
When does Fed Cup start? Is Jelenas participation 100%. i might have to drive down and watch her win :)

hdfb
Mar 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM
^April 16th and 17th. No ones participation is 100% so far... Where do you live?

Dominic
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Is it me or it seems Jelena hasnt played in AGES.

sarddenso
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Seems like forever! ;)

SM
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:46 AM
Well she needs a week off every now and then so she doesnt get burned out ;)

hdfb
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:54 AM
Is it me or it seems Jelena hasnt played in AGES.

Totally, Domain was as dead as 2006.

Uranium
Mar 26th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I'm sure they are going after Jelena to play Fed Cup. Sam and Jarmila should be there. Anastasia is in shitty form. Stubbs probably won't play. So Jelena, Sam, Jarmila and Anastasia are probably who they are gunning for. If Stubbs does want to play though, I'd kick out Rodionova.

DokDi
Mar 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I still think it would be a bit unnecessary to fly all the way to Australia, especially since Sam and Jarmila will most likely play the singles matches.

Anyway, I'm sure she'll go if being asked...

hdfb
Mar 26th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Stubbs played doubles in Miami with Jill, so I think she will play Fed Cup...

I've always said there is no spot for Jelena this tie, Sam is great on clay and they know Groth reached 4th Rd in RG last year and has been much more consistent than Jelena for the past 12 months. I think they will ask Jelena to be there for training and emergency purposes, but those reasons alone won't be enough for Jelena herself to commit to it in my opinion.

Uranium
Mar 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM
^stubbsy, the poster here, said that Rennae has retired from Fed Cup (and Rennae herself said she is done with it after the February tie), so who knows. Rennae could enter Charleston though next week which is before Fed Cup.

And I am not saying I want Jelena to play, because like everyone said it is far from Europe, she probably won't play, but I am just saying she is probably going to be asked by the Aussie coach and she might want to be on the team again.

LJM
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:35 AM
They didn't give Jelena direct entry into Miami because the Tournament Director closes off direct entry well before the tournament starts which meant they used her out of date ranking of 92 at 28 February 2011, and selected the wild card entries too early!

hdfb
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Got my tickets for fed cup, 4th row. Please go Jelena! But if you want to train really hard for clay season, I'd rather you do that!

sarddenso
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Got my tickets for fed cup, 4th row. Please go Jelena! But if you want to train really hard for clay season, I'd rather you do that!

When will they announce the teams?

Just Do It
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I somehow don't see Jelena flying to Australia just to be in the team when it's obvious Sam and Jarmila will get to play singles.

Graf~Dokic
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I really don't want her to play Fed Cup, let alone flying all the way to Australia just to be at the team. That doesn't do her any good. She should screw Fed Cup and think about her singles career which is much more important at the moment.

BlueTrees
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Fed Cup is boring. She should stick to WTA. :shrug: She wouldn't make the team anyway. :o

qwertytx
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Fed Cup is boring. She should stick to WTA. :shrug: She wouldn't make the team anyway. :o

True, the only way she would play is if were a dead rubber. And she is too much of a diva to play a dead rubber :devil: She isn't a good doubles player either.

hdfb
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Actually she must play in 2011 to qualify for olympics or make herself available, so who knows....

Mastodon
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM
The Rome list is out and Jelena is 16 out of the main draw. Don't see much of and chance to get in without a WC or a fuck load of withdrawals.

Uranium
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM
When will they announce the teams?

The Wednesday during Charleston is the deadline.

Uranium
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Actually she must play in 2011 to qualify for olympics or make herself available, so who knows....

I don't think so. She played two separate ties (in February and April) in 2009.

ce
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:15 PM
She must play one tie in 2011 or 2012

DokDi
Mar 30th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Jelena entered Fes, April 18. :)

So Disrespectful
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:25 AM
:hearts: Another MM title looms?

Graf~Dokic
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:23 PM
Jelena entered Fes, April 18. :)

Great. :) She chose Fes over Stuttgart which has the better field, but Fes offers more easy points for Jelena.

Just Do It
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:12 PM
^ Exactly, I am amazed how you get more points for winning a MM than reaching Indian Wells/Miami QF, that is kinda crazy because it's much easier to win a MM than reach IW/Miami QF IMO

Dominic
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:49 PM
When is she playing for god's sake :sobbing:

Alizé Molik
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:54 AM
When is she playing for god's sake :sobbing:

ikr i'm bored as fuck with tennis when she isn't playing.

Dominic
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:45 AM
ikr i'm bored as fuck with tennis when she isn't playing.

Did i use to fight all the time with you? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?

martinafan
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:09 AM

Got my tickets the other day...unfortunately, back in Row Q, but i can't imagine the stands being too massive, so should still be a good view! :bounce:

Even though I don't want Jelena to fly all the way back to australia for one tie, I sorta want her to so I can get to see her play!!!

Graf~Dokic
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:26 AM
So, her schedule is Charleston > Fes > Barcelona, right?

Mashabator
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:49 AM
I want my Jelena back on court :) thank god i have maria too though

hdfb
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:26 PM
Got my tickets the other day...unfortunately, back in Row Q, but i can't imagine the stands being too massive, so should still be a good view! :bounce:

Even though I don't want Jelena to fly all the way back to australia for one tie, I sorta want her to so I can get to see her play!!!

Yeah the stands only go back like 20 rows and each row only has 60 seats, it'll be nice and cosy. Are you flying from Sydney for this tie?

MiLaN_89
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.tennis.com.au/tournaments/fed-cup/fed-cup-ties/australia-v-ukraine-melbourne-2011

Jely is on the poster for this tie,so probably that means she will be there :S

MiLaN_89
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:40 PM
http://www.tennis.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Fed-Cup-poster-200.jpg

DokDi
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM
Jelena withdrew from Charleston! :(

April Fools!

MiLaN_89
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM
You got me there :D It took me few moments to realise ;)

BlueTrees
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:40 PM
Mr.Hide you're too cruel. :sobbing:

Mastodon
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:04 PM
So, her schedule is Charleston > Fes > Barcelona, right?

Not quite. Charleston > Fed Cup? > Fes > Estoril > Madrid > Rome. She's main draw for the first three then qualifying for Madrid and Rome.

doktor
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:25 AM
Good schedule if she ditches fed cup

Gjtennis
Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:31 AM
When is th draw out?

Dominic
Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:23 AM
I don't like when she plays fed cup.

hdfb
Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:27 AM
I hope Rome gives her a WC as she is ex-champion and there aren't that many Italian players needing a WC. They didn't give her a WC in past but she IS in good form this year. Here's hoping!

Alizé Molik
Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:52 AM
Did i use to fight all the time with you? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?

I think we've had a few hilarious fights.

Dominic
Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:11 AM
I think we've had a few hilarious fights.

Yeah, it was probably cause I don't like Bartoli I guess? As you can see, I'm bored.

DokDi
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:15 AM
There's a possibility she'll play the 100k in Prague if she doesn't make Rome MD.

Mashabator
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:40 AM
The post tricked me too :o i thought she withdrew haha

martinafan
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah the stands only go back like 20 rows and each row only has 60 seats, it'll be nice and cosy. Are you flying from Sydney for this tie?
Yeah should be pretty cosy alright.
No, I'm not flying. Actually am driving down to melbourne for the week.....travelling down with a friend and her kids. Visiting another friend, and my uncle. The tennis actually was a perfect fit in the schedule really ;)

Hope there's a few Dokic fans there at the tennis. Will be good to see her play. Don't think it's a great thing for her schedule, but i love the chance of seeing her play live.

Graf~Dokic
Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Jelena withdrew from Charleston! :(

April Fools!

:fiery: :lol:

MiLaN_89
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Charleston main draw is being made at the moment,it is live on their twitter.

first round: Jelena Dokic vs Qualifier

MiLaN_89
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
The winner will play the winner of Kirilenko-Lepchenko in round two, then Wickmayer in rnd3, and Wozniacki in quarters :D

the entire draw:

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20110402162248.pdf

Mashabator
Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:33 AM
Good she has a winnable 1R with a Q then also a winnable 2R :) lets take it match by match though!

qwertytx
Apr 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
She couldn't ask for a better draw, especially the first couple of rounds. Any of the top 8 seeds are going to give her trouble so not facing one until R3 is awesome!

qwertytx
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see her making much of an impact until grasscourt season, especially after her loss today. It's too bad because she has been winning a lot of these tight 3 set matches.

Just Do It
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:49 AM
She is playing Fed Cup next.

ce
Apr 6th, 2011, 11:10 AM
^ oh crap.

Mastodon
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:56 PM
She's also playing Strasbourg the week before the French.

Mashabator
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:14 AM
withdrew from fed cup wtf? what does this mean she's doing?

doktor
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:09 AM
poor effort from Jelena, and it gets her no where, she cant play anywhere else without looking like a douchebag to the aussies but she needs to be playing matches, i just hope this isn't the beginning of an assload more withdrawals.

sarddenso
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:41 AM
That's pretty disappointing to hear.
Exhaustion? She's played barely any matches recently!

So Disrespectful
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:41 AM
4 matches in a month? She must be exhausted. :rolleyes:

Oh well, same shit as always. I'll leave it to everyone else to defend her.

DokDi
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I didn't want her to play Fed Cup, but a lame last-minute withdrawal isn't good Jelena. :(
Exhaustion...:o

dok-stos
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Um
Let's not get over shitty/bitchy.
Do we not remember Jelena had Mono or something last year?
Let's cut the girl some slack.
She may still feel fatigue from it from time to time, is it likely it could re-occur???
Leave the hate to the Haterz and spread the Jelena love :cheer:
Time for a blog post on ur site Jelena. Tell us how you are going
If you stop by lol :)

tennismum
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Does everybody think they will pick someone else to replace Jelena or just go with the girls they have and play Rodionova as the other singles player with Jarka

So Disrespectful
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I feel sorry for hdfb who was planning on attending. :(

GeeTee
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Damn - I'm down in Melb for work this week and was gonna stay one more day mainly to see Jelena play :(

sarddenso
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Is she still in the draw for Fes?
That starts next week right?

hdfb
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I feel sorry for hdfb who was planning on attending. :(

:lol: It's ok. :aww: I would have gone anyway, just gotta put all those stalker plans on hold. :aww:

Yeah I don't get the excuse, it's quite obvious she didn't want to fly here and then back again and then lose 1R at Fes. I am sure she is in Fes now or going to Fes very very soon to train. If this tie was played in Ukraine I'm positive she would have played. For Jelena to be selected she must have made herself available provisonally.

MiLaN_89
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Well,we all wanted her to skip that,so this is a good decision for us..

But,i'm wondering how tennis australia will react on that,since this was not so fair from her :S

Just Do It
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:22 AM
She is out of FC :speakles: I guess she can't be bothered to travel for 20 hours. What was her official reason to pull out ?

doktor
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:55 PM
She is out of FC :speakles: I guess she can't be bothered to travel for 20 hours. What was her official reason to pull out ?

"exhaustion" :lol:

Mastodon
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I don't think she'll be playing Fes next week. The statement she gave was that she would be "taking some time off to recover" I would guess she'll be back in Estoril or Madrid qualifying.

DokDi
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, she won't just show up at another tournament one day after she was supposed to play Fed Cup.
My guess is back in Estoril or 100k Prague. :bigcry:

GeeTee
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Since that's now 2 ties in 2011 she's missed, I wonder if that will impact her chances of playing at the 2012 Olympics..

mardo
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:01 AM
4 matches in a month? She must be exhausted. :rolleyes:

Oh well, same shit as always. I'll leave it to everyone else to defend her.

I am still going to watch even though Jelena isnt playing:sad: - guess she doesnt need the money anymore??? Three wildcards in January - thought she could make an effort??

Dominic
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I don't think she'll be playing Fes next week. The statement she gave was that she would be "taking some time off to recover" I would guess she'll be back in Estoril or Madrid qualifying.

Awful decision.

Just Do It
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Since that's now 2 ties in 2011 she's missed, I wonder if that will impact her chances of playing at the 2012 Olympics..

I thought only 2 players from the same country can participate ? If yes, Jelena wouldn't get picked anyway ...

BlueTrees
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:11 AM
It's 4...not 2. In Beijing Dementieva/Safina/Zvonareva got the medals, Kuznetsova lost in first round.

Vamos Feńa
Apr 12th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I'm fine with that decision. And yeah, you all guys were like "WTF, playing in Fed Cup is a wrong decision, etc." so she skipped it ;) I'll be worried if she loses her next match which she is capable of winning. Please stay strong Jelena!

--------------
BTW, it's her birthday today, right?
Happy birthday! :bounce::bounce:
Stay healthy, have a lot of good memories, simply enjoy your life! :):hug::hug:

MaryT
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=GeeTee;..... I wonder if that will impact her chances of playing at the 2012 Olympics..[/QUOTE]
http://s3.postimage.org/26z4cnjt0/2000_olimp.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/26z4cnjt0/)....http://s3.postimage.org/26z2p47b8/jeca2000.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/26z2p47b8/)....http://s3.postimage.org/26yxqi5tw/2000_OLYMPIC_DREAMS.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/26yxqi5tw/)
http://s3.postimage.org/26y5md9fo/2000_Sydney_Olympics_jeca.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/26y5md9fo/)...http://s3.postimage.org/26y0nr7yc/2000_olimpijada_u_Sidneju.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/26y0nr7yc/)...http://s3.postimage.org/26y8xfyf8/Sydney_Closing_Fireworks2000.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/26y8xfyf8/)
.............http://s3.postimage.org/26yc8ines/amblem.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/26yc8ines/).................http://s3.postimage.org/26ysrw4ck/2000.gif (http://postimage.org/image/26ysrw4ck/)

Does Jeca chance to play on the Olimpic 2012th?

Just Do It
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
OMG I totally forgot its 12th April, her Birthday :eek:
Happy Bday Jelena, no wonder she couldnt be bothered to fly all the way to Australia on her Bday :oh:

cn ireland
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Happy Birthday Jelena:aparty:

Dominic
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JELENA! Have fun but don't eat too much cake :bounce:

DokDi
Apr 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Happy Birthday Jelena! :)

MiLaN_89
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:15 PM
We all forgot it :D

All the best,Jely! Happy b-day!

jela_dokic
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Happy B-Day Jelena!!!!♥♥♥♥

Enjoy your sweet day♥

Dokisit
Apr 12th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Happy birthday Jelena - 21 again!

sarddenso
Apr 12th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Happy Birthday Jelena!
Get yourself a great present at the next tournament!!!!!!

AcrossCourt
Apr 13th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Happy BDay Jelena, u enjoy yourself. :)

Mashabator
Apr 13th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Happy Birthday :p

doktor
Apr 13th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Happy Birthday for yesterday Jeca

So Disrespectful
Apr 13th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Happy birthday Jelly, hope it's nice and relaxing. :D

DokDi
Apr 13th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Didn't enter Madrid Q. Maybe 100k CSM or 50k Prague. :sobbing:
We'll see tomorrow...

Graf~Dokic
Apr 13th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I thought Prague is a 100k... :shrug:

Graf~Dokic
Apr 13th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Edit: There are two ITFs in Prague in two following weeks. First the 50k followed by the 100k.

DokDi
Apr 13th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Prague 100k is played the week after (during Rome). ;)

Graf~Dokic
Apr 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Prague 100k is played the week after (during Rome). ;)

Yes, I corrected myself already, but thank you. :)

Mashabator
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:20 AM
wtf :o y not enter madrid

BlueTrees
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I don't mind her playing the $100,000 over Madrid as long as she at least reaches the SF. I don't want any of this lose in second round crap or whatever. :rolleyes:

sarddenso
Apr 14th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Any news on where Jelena stands with regards to Fes?

So Disrespectful
Apr 15th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Any news on where Jelena stands with regards to Fes?

Didn't she need to withdraw by Thursday to avoid the fine?

DokDi
Apr 15th, 2011, 06:04 AM
It seems Jelena won't play any tournament during Madrid. (02 May)
:unsure:

Graf~Dokic
Apr 15th, 2011, 08:49 AM
So let's hope she plays Rome qualifying the week after Madrid.

BlueTrees
Apr 15th, 2011, 09:00 AM
She's reverting to her bad scheduling years. :tears:

tennisfan2011
Apr 15th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I think it was a smart idea for Jelena to skip Fed Cup but I hope she is not really exhausted from playing WTA events. There is no reason to be exhausted considering she lost in the first round in Miami and Charleston and did not play for 2 weeks after her victory in KL.

I hope she continues to play WTA events as she has proven this year she still has the ability to be competitive and she doesn't participate in any ITF events during the claycourt season. In my opinion it would be a step backwards, she would be unable to build on the momentum she has created for herself so far in 2011.

sarddenso
Apr 15th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know if she has been working with her new coach yet?

Just Do It
Apr 15th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I am afraid Jelena is now " scared " to play Fes because TA could turn on her. Seriously, someone email a mod on her site to find out what's happening with Jelena.

BlueTrees
Apr 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Stosur skipped Fed Cup too, and she's the number one player, so it's even worse for her to do it. :rolleyes:

Mastodon
Apr 15th, 2011, 03:19 PM
So let's hope she plays Rome qualifying the week after Madrid.

Rome is Jelena's priority 1 for the that week.

Graf~Dokic
Apr 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Stosur skipped Fed Cup too, and she's the number one player, so it's even worse for her to do it. :rolleyes:

This.

Graf~Dokic
Apr 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Rome is Jelena's priority 1 for the that week.

Well, that sounds good then. :)

DokDi
Apr 15th, 2011, 03:57 PM
^ Madrid was priority 1 too, so priority doesn't really mean anything if she doesnt enter Q. :shrug:

DokDi
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
OMG! It seems Jelena will play FES! :bigcry::bowdown:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=19411575&postcount=89

Mastodon
Apr 16th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Seems like it. One of the Moroccan wildcards first up would be pretty sweet.

hessie
Apr 16th, 2011, 12:45 PM
good to hear!! :)

DokDi
Apr 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Confirmed: Jelena is in Fes.

A_Pivovarova: Really enjoying the weather in Morocco, going for a hit with Dokic and then ll relax in the swimming pool Hope everyone having a nice day!
18 minutes ago

What a nice surprise, didn't expect her to play this. :worship:
Draw should be out soon, Jelena is the 6th seed. :eek:

Just Do It
Apr 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I remember when she reunited with Savo in Fes couple of years ago. She qualified and then lost to Arn. I have a good feeling about this tournament :rocker2:

cn ireland
Apr 16th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Fingers crossed, Jelena will have a good tournament in Fes;)!!!

doktor
Apr 17th, 2011, 05:52 AM
if she draws craybas i swear to god i'll spit

Mashabator
Apr 17th, 2011, 05:56 AM
^ LOL Same i wouldn't be suprised if she did :o

dok-stos
Apr 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Will there be a stream?
I am having Jelly withdrawals :(

mardo
Apr 17th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Confirmed: Jelena is in Fes.

A_Pivovarova: Really enjoying the weather in Morocco, going for a hit with Dokic and then ll relax in the swimming pool Hope everyone having a nice day!
18 minutes ago

What a nice surprise, didn't expect her to play this. :worship:
Draw should be out soon, Jelena is the 6th seed. :eek:

So pleased to hear that Jelena has recovered from her exhaustion:rolleyes:

Mashabator
Apr 17th, 2011, 01:15 PM
^ a week off with rest can do alot, as if she would just dump the team without a reason, stop being so sour because rodionova failed us.

So Disrespectful
Apr 18th, 2011, 03:20 AM
If she was already exhausted, she wasn't going to travel all the way to Australia and back to Europe in a matter of days. I'd be more critical if she wasn't playing Fes, but she is.

MaryT
Apr 19th, 2011, 10:26 AM
...after Fes will be ...? :)

BlueTrees
Apr 19th, 2011, 05:10 PM
...after Fes will be ...? :)

Withdrawing from Estoril due to an ingrown toenail. :oh:

DokDi
Apr 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Jelena entered Rome Q, but already withdrew from Estoril. :bigcry:

WTA: «JelenaDokic has withdrawn from the #EstorilOpen due to a viral illness. This moves KseniaPervak into the open spot in the main draw».
about 1 hour ago*from TweetDeck

So will be back earliest in Rome (7th May) :(

Mashabator
Apr 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Day after my bday :D please come back rome jelly

Mastodon
Apr 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Is it me or is there a certain inevitability about this, it's the third time this year she's been sick. I'm sure Jelena would give up half her prize for a decent immune system. Get well soon.

Mashabator
Apr 20th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I guess it just comes from travelling around the world so much :tears: she has such bad luck

DokDi
Apr 20th, 2011, 04:58 PM
She definitely seems to have a bad immune system, and also no luck in the world.
If it's not injuries, it's viruses...:tears: Has she ever had a normal pre-RG clay schedule the last 3 years?

Let's hope for a fast recovery! :hug:

King Aaron
Apr 20th, 2011, 05:27 PM
How long will a viral illness stay with her? :( I guess it could be quite serious since she's already withdrawn from Estoril.

Mashabator
Apr 20th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Normally only a week most viruses last so she will have plenty of time to rest instead of playing estoril and get better :)

cn ireland
Apr 20th, 2011, 09:16 PM
She better play Rome Qualies!!!

Graf~Dokic
Apr 21st, 2011, 09:23 PM
So, we have Rom Q > Straßburg MD > Roland Garros MD.

What's next? I hope she enters two grass court tournaments.

qwertytx
Apr 21st, 2011, 10:18 PM
I'm sure that she will enter 2 grass warm-ups. Her game is tailor-made for grass and her ranking is good enough that she should make it directly into MD. Birmingham cutoff last year was in the 120s and Netherlands was 80.

Havok
Apr 23rd, 2011, 06:44 PM
Well at least she got sick during the clay season which is her "worst" surface. Hopefully she recovers in time for her to participate in the two warm-up events prior to RG!

qwertytx
Apr 23rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Damn virus! I would have liked her chances against anyone she would have faced in Fes the way the draw played out :(

So Disrespectful
Apr 25th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Jelena, too, it does withdraw from, Roma?, :confused:

Graf~Dokic
Apr 25th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Jelena, too, it does withdraw from, Roma?, :confused:

:confused: :scratch: I don't get your sentence. Has Jelena withdrawn from Rome?

cn ireland
Apr 25th, 2011, 02:20 PM
:confused: :scratch: I don't get your sentence. Has Jelena withdrawn from Rome?

I hope not:scared:

DokDi
Apr 25th, 2011, 03:43 PM
:confused:

So Disrespectful
Apr 26th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Has it?

Dominic
Apr 26th, 2011, 03:38 AM
I think he's asking if Jelena has withdrawn from Rome.

Just Do It
Apr 26th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Why did I think Jelena is playing Madrid next week ?

DokDi
Apr 27th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Jelena entered Copenhagen! :eek: :bounce:

sarddenso
Apr 27th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Copenhagen instead of Birmingham.
Is Birmingham on grass?

hdfb
Apr 28th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Birmingham is on grass. I think she just wants to rip Wozniaki a new one. :devil:

sarddenso
Apr 28th, 2011, 03:23 AM
hahaha
wouldn't mind seeing Jelena beat her again like back in 09

Mashabator
Apr 28th, 2011, 04:16 AM

doktor
Apr 28th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I'm glad that she's entering stuff, but that seems like a ridiculous choice, play an indoor hard (?) tourney at the start of the grass season :crazy:

BlueTrees
Apr 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM
She wants to rob Wozniacki of a home title win. :oh:

cn ireland
Apr 28th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Why oh why did she not enter Birmingham:sad:

Grass is her best surface!!!!!!

qwertytx
Apr 28th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Why oh why did she not enter Birmingham:sad:

Grass is her best surface!!!!!!

She's actually great on indoor hardcourts. The last time she beat Kim was indoors and the last couple of years she won some ITF titles indoors as well.

Vamos Feńa
Apr 29th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I just want her to show up and be ready to play tournaments
Please come back soon!

Graf~Dokic
Apr 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM
She's actually great on indoor hardcourts. The last time she beat Kim was indoors and the last couple of years she won some ITF titles indoors as well.

Not to forget her great run in Paris earlier this year. ;)

cn ireland
Apr 29th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I'm not disputing that she's good indoors but surely she should get as much match play on grass as possible cos she could do really well at Wimbledon this year if she's in form!!

Dominic
May 1st, 2011, 04:54 AM
:sobbing: When is she gonna play? it's been more than a month :o

hdfb
May 1st, 2011, 10:06 PM
:( Need you now by Lady Antebellum is very fitting right now

Mastodon
May 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Jelena will warm up up for Wimbledon at the Unicef Open in Hertogenbosch.

Mashabator
May 3rd, 2011, 04:26 PM

Dominic
May 4th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Is she gonna skip the entire clay season??

Alizé Molik
May 4th, 2011, 06:49 AM
I hope she at least plays RG!

RussiansRock
May 4th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Is Jelena still gonna play in Rome?

sarddenso
May 4th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I really hope she hasn't pulled out of Rome.

I found this on flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/midatlanticwtc/5684245824/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/midatlanticwtc/5684245644/

Maybe she will be playing this Mid Atlantic Tournament in late July.

BlueTrees
May 4th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Guess we'll see her at the WC playoff in December. :oh:

Just Do It
May 4th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I think she is playing Rome qualies this weekend. Hopefully she didn't pull out.

qwertytx
May 4th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I hope she plays too. She's due for a deep run in an important tournament. :)