PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's schedule?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Just Do It
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Mirjana Fan said his source told him/her Jelena will play Rome 10k !!

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Mirjana Fan said his source told him/her Jelena will play Rome 10k !!
LOL. When's that tournament?

Just Do It
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:28 PM

March the 7nt I believe.

Edit : I know Jelena will play soon ( somewhere ) but I hate how she WASTED 2 months. She was in solid form, then she returned to Zagreb and I am sure she did not train hard there. She screwed it again.

Babolatpro880
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Week of March 9th.

Anyway, I'm still hoping Jelena will sign into the qually draw at Capriolo. Maybe she's just gonna play all the Italian challengers or something? Whatever, we'll know by tomorrow.

Just Do It
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Week of March 9th.

Anyway, I'm still hoping Jelena will sign into the qually draw at Capriolo. Maybe she's just gonna play all the Italian challengers or something? Whatever, we'll know by tomorrow.

How do you think she can get in the qualy draw in Capriolo ? She is 90th alt and all wild cards have been given to Italian players already ?

Babolatpro880
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:34 PM
How do you think she can get in the qualy draw in Capriolo ? She is 90th alt and all wild cards have been given to Italian players already ?

Main draw entries and qualifying draw entries work differently. If a player is listed in the main draw list and hasn't withdrawn when the tournament begins, they are automatically entered into the main draw. However, the qualifying draw list is basically only a guideline. It lets players know whether or not they are definitely in the qualifying draw or not. In order to actually be placed in the qualifying draw, one must be present at the event and sign in. Many players in the qualifying draw and the majority of alternates don't show up and sign in, which is why you'll often find a big difference between the qualifying list and the actual qualifying draw.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:35 PM
LOL. Exactly.

Anyway, Jelena's just lame, unless she has a fucking good reason as to why she's been MIA since Australia. I can't find positivity like a couple of others here, when Jelena hasn't given us one thing to be positive about over the last several years. Not one.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Main draw entries and qualifying draw entries work differently. If a player is listed in the main draw list and hasn't withdrawn when the tournament begins, they are automatically entered into the main draw. However, the qualifying draw list is basically only a guideline. It lets players know whether or not they are definitely in the qualifying draw or not. In order to actually be placed in the qualifying draw, one must be present at the event and sign in. Many players in the qualifying draw and the majority of alternates don't show up and sign in, which is why you'll often find a big difference between the qualifying list and the actual qualifying draw.
I'd be willing to bet you a lot of money that she doesn't show.

Babolatpro880
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'd be willing to bet you a lot of money that she doesn't show.

I'm not saying I think she'll show. But it's not impossible for her to make the draw just because she's an alternate.

Uranium
Feb 14th, 2008, 07:41 PM
i think Jelena is committed and will play

OZTENNIS
Feb 14th, 2008, 07:57 PM
You newbies are so convinced that Jelena will play and do well :spit:

You haven't been on this board following her results for that long...you'll soon understand why people like WhatTheDeuce, King Aaron and JustDoIt are feeling the way they are in the next few months or so ;)

Привет
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for that OZTENNIS, we're all uplifted by your abounding positivity.

;)

I know what Jelena has done in the past, but I'm just going to keep holding on to that glimmer of hope.

Whoever said that Jelena might just be holding onto her WC's has a point. I think that's the most positive thing that a Dokic fan can take at the moment. Maybe she will play an ITF, get a ranking, and then try for WC's into WTA level tournaments. That would be smart. Do it, Jelena.

Uranium
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:27 PM

You haven't been on this board following her results for that long...you'll soon understand why people like WhatTheDeuce, King Aaron and JustDoIt are feeling the way they are in the next few months or so ;)

you newbies, if your referring to me, i've been a fan since 2002, and have followed her results, i know this is like 2006 and 2007 where she sucked and played crappy tournies and played like shit.
i still think she's committed to play.
i was a member in 2003, but forgot about website and username, and rejoined.
so STFU, you stupid jackass:rolleyes:

Freakan
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:28 PM
She didn't ask for a WC but she will show up for a sign in as a 90th alternate - yeah right :tape:

Dokic Pierce
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM
...;12505292']lol agreed. play a point and retire for all i care haha... she just needs that ranknig to start

What a pathetic fan you are - "play a point and retire for all I care haha..."

Jelena doesn't need those kind of fans, who 'turn' on her because she hasn't played for over a month :rolleyes:

Dokic Pierce
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:55 PM
March the 7nt I believe.

Edit : I know Jelena will play soon ( somewhere ) but I hate how she WASTED 2 months. She was in solid form, then she returned to Zagreb and I am sure she did not train hard there. She screwed it again.

How on earth do you fathom that she has WASTED 2 months JustDoIt?

"And I am sure she did not train hard there. She screwed it again."

A lot of you are jumping to conclusions because Jelena isn't playing and giving you the satisfaction you think you deserve. :rolleyes:

My other favourite player Mary Pierce has been out for almost 18 months now and if you go over to her forum you will find only positive messages of support - we even posted our messages into a specific forum topic and someone presented them to Mary a while ago for motivation. She loved them. :bounce:

Maybe we can do the same thing for Jelena, something constructive, instead of bagging her and venting your anger.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:57 PM
You act like this "not playing for months at a time" is a new trend with Jelena. :rolleyes: She's been doing this for years now. I don't understand where all your optimism comes from, seriously. Jelena is doing the same thing now that she's done for several years, and you're all just in denial about it. Unless she comes out with a real valid reason as to why she hasn't been playing, this is bullshit, typical Dokic behavior - nothing more or less.

I'm just tired of supporting her time and time and time and time again, only for her to let us down every single time. And I'm upset at myself for actually believing her this time when she sounded like things would really be different.

Anyway, I don't give a shit if some of you don't like me or don't want to hear my negative opinions. I won't stop posting them. And for the record, I'll support Dokic all the time, whenever she plays, whether it be once a year or once a week. I love her that much as a player and I'm loyal. That said, I still don't condone what she's doing, and I think it's pathetic.

Dokic Pierce
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:59 PM
LOL. Exactly.

Anyway, Jelena's just lame, unless she has a fucking good reason as to why she's been MIA since Australia. I can't find positivity like a couple of others here, when Jelena hasn't given us one thing to be positive about over the last several years. Not one.

How many times does it take to realise that Jelena owes you nothing. She is not playing tennis to give your life meaning, she is doing it for herself, as she should.

You should rejoice in her comeback, whichever direction it takes and however long it takes, instead of acting like a spoilt child :mad:

Again, I repeat, Jelena owes you nothing.

Dokic Pierce
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:02 PM
You act like this "not playing for months at a time" is a new trend with Jelena. :rolleyes: She's been doing this for years now. I don't understand where all your optimism comes from, seriously. Jelena is doing the same thing now that she's done for several years, and you're all just in denial about it. Unless she comes out with a real valid reason as to why she hasn't been playing, this is bullshit, typical Dokic behavior - nothing more or less.

I'm just tired of supporting her time and time and time and time again, only for her to let us down every single time. And I'm upset at myself for actually believing her this time when she sounded like things would really be different.

Anyway, I don't give a shit if some of you don't like me or don't want to hear my negative opinions. I won't stop posting them. And for the record, I'll support Dokic all the time, whenever she plays, whether it be once a year or once a week. I love her that much as a player and I'm loyal. That said, I still don't condone what she's doing, and I think it's pathetic.

You gotta stop acting like she owes you something. Like she has 'done you wrong'. It's so lame and immature.

And as for "not playing for months at a time", did you not read the press reports Jelena gave in Australia when she spoke about not wanting to play the last couple of years because her head wasn't right? Or did you conveniently forget that?

It's obvious to me that she is in a much better place this year, and not playing for a month since the AO Qualifying is no sign her 'career is over'.

A supporter is someone who supports their player ALL the time, irrespective of whether they are playing, or eating a packet of chips. :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:03 PM
How many times does it take to realise that Jelena owes you nothing. She is not playing tennis to give your life meaning, she is doing it for herself, as she should.

You should rejoice in her comeback, whichever direction it takes and however long it takes, instead of acting like a spoilt child :mad:

Again, I repeat, Jelena owes you nothing.
I'm not saying she owes me or any of us anything. :weirdo: She owes it to herself though. Her talent is more than worth it. That's why I'm sad to see her waste herself like this. I'm going by the words coming from HER mouth that SHE loves to play tennis and SHE wants to make a life of it again. K?

Stop taking things overly literally.

Dokic Pierce
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM

I've been on this board for the past 8 years and followed Jelena since her Hopman Cup win with Mark Philipoussis in 1999. From her recent press interviews I now realise the last couple of years Jelena didn't have the desire to play and wasn't right in her mind. I also believe she has sorted those issues out, and I can't wait to see the next part of her journey.

If that isn't until this $10K event in Rome in 3 weeks, then so be it. :)

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:06 PM
You gotta stop acting like she owes you something. Like she has 'done you wrong'. It's so lame and immature.
Already addressed this.

And as for "not playing for months at a time", did you not read the press reports Jelena gave in Australia when she spoke about not wanting to play the last couple of years because her head wasn't right? Or did you conveniently forget that?
So what's wrong with her head now? According to Jelena those problems are over.

A supporter is someone who supports their player ALL the time, irrespective of whether they are playing, or eating a packet of chips. :lol:
I do support Dokic, more than pretty much anyone on this board barring a few of you idiots who need to bow down at her feet no matter what she does. :lol: Just because I support her as a player, doesn't mean I agree with her decisions or appreciate her actions and lack of commitment.

Dokic Pierce
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I'm not saying she owes me or any of us anything. :weirdo: She owes it to herself though. Her talent is more than worth it. That's why I'm sad to see her waste herself like this. I'm going by the words coming from HER mouth that SHE loves to play tennis and SHE wants to make a life of it again. K?

Stop taking things overly literally.

You are saying it by your "she's given me nothing to be positive about" comments.

You are saying it by your "she's gone" talk.

You are saying it by your "I'll support her whenever she plays" posts.

But you are right about "she owes it to herself", the operative word being "herself". No one else, but herself.

Dokic Pierce
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:13 PM
So what's wrong with her head now? According to Jelena those problems are over.

Your whole basis for this anger you seem to have at Jelena not playing is because you are associating her not playing with her lack of desire which you have absoultely no proof of. :tape:

I do support Dokic, more than pretty much anyone on this board barring a few of you idiots who need to bow down at her feet no matter what she does. :lol: Just because I support her as a player, doesn't mean I agree with her decisions or appreciate her actions and lack of commitment.

Again, your associating her not playing with a lack of commitment - you have no proof, but choose instead to believe the worst. You have no proof, but you can choose to believe the best. :)

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:14 PM
You are saying it by your "she's given me nothing to be positive about" comments.
Seeing as we're discussing the difference between optimistic fans, and pessimistic ones, I'm just explaining why I feel the way I do. That has nothing to do with whether she "owes" me anything. That's just the reason as to why I feel so hopeless in the current situation.

You are saying it by your "she's gone" talk.
Oh, I don't think she's "gone". I never said that either. I do foresee her entering a few low level challengers here and there, similar to what she's done the past few years. I don't expect her to make a push to actually become a WTA regular, or play a full schedule of any sort though.

You are saying it by your "I'll support her whenever she plays" posts.
Never said that, you're putting words in my mouth. In fact I stated the opposite a few times already. I'll always support Dokic. I just think she should rethink what kind of stuff she says about being committed again when it's quite clear that she's exactly where she was in year's past. Hey, I could be wrong and she could be working her ass off now to get back into playing shape. I just highly doubt that's the case.

But you are right about "she owes it to herself", the operative word being "herself". No one else, but herself.
Indeed.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Your whole basis for this anger you seem to have at Jelena not playing is because you are associating her not playing with her lack of desire which you have absoultely no proof of. :tape:
I'm going by what Jelena has done before. :tape: Not playing = not interested/head isn't right/heart isn't in tennis/isn't fit, etc etc etc. The list goes on. What proof do you have that she's in such a positive place now and she's gonna start this great comeback at 10K Rome? You have just as much proof (less, actually) to support your views as I have to support mine.

OZTENNIS
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:49 PM
OMG, love when Jelena's not playing how everyone turns on each other :yawn:

Freakan
Feb 14th, 2008, 10:22 PM
For those who are so optimistic after what she said during Australian tournaments-just check what she said 2 years ago in Australia-it's almost the same. So don't get too excited about her coming back. I hope she does make a serious full-time comeback but after so many years of disapointments it's hard to believe that she'll do that...

Babolatpro880
Feb 14th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I rather resent being called a newbie by oztennis, seeing as I've been a fan of Jelena for around seven years now.

I'm just hopeful is all.

Dokic Pierce
Feb 15th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I'm just hopeful is all.

That is the best post of the past week :worship: :cool:

OZTENNIS
Feb 15th, 2008, 04:40 AM
I rather resent being called a newbie by oztennis, seeing as I've been a fan of Jelena for around seven years now.

I'm just hopeful is all.
I never specified who I considered a newbie and who I didn't...so make what you want from my post :rolleyes:

Harvs
Feb 15th, 2008, 04:59 AM
What a pathetic fan you are - "play a point and retire for all I care haha..."

Jelena doesn't need those kind of fans, who 'turn' on her because she hasn't played for over a month :rolleyes:

what a pathetic sense of humour you have... dont act like a moron, you clearly cant read sarcasm. it was blatenly obvious.

my god...

Привет
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:38 AM
:lol: I know full well what Jelena's done in the past. Being negative won't really get me anywhere so I just hold on to the hope that she might actually play an ITF and get back to where she should be.

Golovinjured.
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:50 AM
I never specified who I considered a newbie and who I didn't...so make what you want from my post :rolleyes:

I bet I was a newbie :sad: S'all good. I know I'm new here, but I'm certainly not new to being a Dokic fan :drool:

It's like Wrestlemania in here on the last page or two :fiery: Real catty :lol:

Rome 10K huh? ;) That's good news I guess, would have preferred that it be a 25K but as long as she'll play somewhere I'm so excited I just might :explode:

Is it confirmed that she's playing there? If yes - who by and when?

Ben.
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Well at least her name is on an entry list, that is a start. Until she plays I'll be satisfied.

Just Do It
Feb 15th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Dokic Pierce, take it easy.

And yes, Jelena wasted 2 months. Hopefully she wont waste another one, so play :rolleyes:

Tennace
Feb 15th, 2008, 02:15 PM
In case anyone cared, Jelena is now 67 on the ALTs list and 20 people ahead of her do not have Capriola as their #1 priority.

Cankarlo
Feb 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM
And I don't know if it can help Jelena,but one of the QW is still open. Only 2 players listed as QWC. One player must have been withdrawn or something like that. ı am not sure.

Graf~Dokic
Feb 15th, 2008, 05:32 PM
And I don't know if it can help Jelena,but one of the QW is still open. Only 2 players listed as QWC. One player must have been withdrawn or something like that. ı am not sure.

Yes, that is exactly what I have noticed today, too. If you look at the entry list of Capriolo you'll see that all 4 MD WC have been awarded, so there is no chance for Jelena, but how many QWC do tournaments (no matter whether WTA or ITF) normally have? Four? Then Jelena will have two more chances. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:14 PM
The thing is Jelena would have been given one right away had she requested one. The fact that she hasn't already been confirmed is a bad sign, likely meaning she doesn't plan to play.

Vamos Feńa
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:34 PM
you'll soon understand why people like WhatTheDeuce, King Aaron and JustDoIt are feeling the way they are in the next few months or so ;)

count me in ;)
I've been following her career since she won Rome...

Just Do It
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM
The thing is Jelena would have been given one right away had she requested one. The fact that she hasn't already been confirmed is a bad sign, likely meaning she doesn't plan to play.

Completely true.

Uranium
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Dokic not in qualy draw:fiery:

Harvs
Feb 15th, 2008, 09:04 PM
lol it amazes me that people feel like they have to prove that they are a worthy fan... whether youve been following jelena for a week or ten years you have as much right to give your opinion.

Привет
Feb 15th, 2008, 09:30 PM
...;12515180']lol it amazes me that people feel like they have to prove that they are a worthy fan... whether youve been following jelena for a week or ten years you have as much right to give your opinion.

You're 100% right Harvs, but people only felt they had to prove that they weren't 'newbies' because of a condescending post from OZTENNIS. I'd be pissed off too if I was a long time fan of Dokic and someone told me that I didn't know her as well just because I hadn't been a member of WTAworld for as long as some others.

So Disrespectful
Feb 16th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Why are we fighting over which people are "true" fans of Jelena? We're all in this thread because we support her and want the best for her. That does not mean we have to like or even agree with everything she says or does.

cn ireland
Feb 16th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Its disappointing that Jelena won't be playing Capriolo but maybe she'll play in Minsk, i'm an optimist I know:rolleyes:

Highlandman
Feb 16th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Well, isnt it always like that? If a player has success, many new "fans" come, if there are worse times - all these "fans" are away again :mad: In worse time you can see who a real fan is and who not. I think Jelena has also some "new" good fans :p

I'm for example fan of Venus since US Open '97 (When I was 7), shows what a faithful fan I am :awww:

Uranium
Feb 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
highlandman you're 10 years younger than Vee:)
my b-day is 3 days after her, but i'm 11years younger than her:lol:

Highlandman
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:17 PM
highlandman you're 10 years younger than Vee:)
my b-day is 3 days after her, but i'm 11years younger than her:lol:

Yeah. I become 18 on 6th April :p You are 16? I thought you are older :p

IMPOSSIBLE
Feb 16th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah. I become 18 on 6th April :p You are 16? I thought you are older :p

day before my Birthday :devil:

King Aaron
Feb 17th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Just because we choose to be realistic instead of optimistic doesn't make us less of a "true" fan. You guys choose to be optimistic and I applaud you all for that.

Unfortunately, past events and actions taken by Jelena pretty much leads me to believe that she has taken us for a ride once again.

I'll be glad if she proves me wrong. In fact I very much hope that she does prove me wrong. But the way things are going at the moment, I highly doubt she will.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 17th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Just because we choose to be realistic instead of optimistic doesn't make us less of a "true" fan. You guys choose to be optimistic and I applaud you all for that.

Unfortunately, past events and actions taken by Jelena pretty much leads me to believe that she has taken us for a ride once again.

I'll be glad if she proves me wrong. In fact I very much hope that she does prove me wrong. But the way things are going at the moment, I highly doubt she will.
Thank you. That's all that needs to be said.

Ballbasher
Feb 17th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I just hope she plays again :o

OZTENNIS
Feb 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Look I didn't mean to offend anyone with what I said and if anyone IS offended...I sincerely apologise

Dokic Pierce
Feb 18th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Hopefully Jelena will show up at this $10K event in a few weeks and we can see if she has made any progress since her time in Oz :)

Ben.
Feb 18th, 2008, 03:54 AM

agree.

MilanDokic
Feb 18th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Jelena's mother Ljiljana called Jelena's father Damir and told she was afraid about Jelena and her current situation!

OMG, it seems Jelena is in trouble from the beginning, but she had to (was forced) tell that she was finally ready to return!

I don't know what to think...

MilanDokic
Feb 18th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Jelena's mother Ljiljana called Jelena's father Damir and told she was afraid about Jelena and her current situation!

OMG, it seems Jelena is in trouble from the beginning, but she had to (was forced) tell that she was finally ready to return!

Uranium
Feb 18th, 2008, 06:49 PM
i don't get it, what's going on with Dokic?

Just Do It
Feb 18th, 2008, 07:07 PM
JESUS CHRIST !!! Will this drama end EVER ? I cant believe what is happening, who would force Jelena to play tennis again ? The only "normal" answe would be that she is in debts and has to return loads of money to mafia :shrug:

However, I believe Milan, and I think ist is all about money.

Good Luck Jelena.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 18th, 2008, 08:12 PM
:weirdo:

Golovinjured.
Feb 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM
even though i don't understand completely what milandokic has said..

:bigcry:

cmon jelena..

Freakan
Feb 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Jelena's such a drama queen :o

ce
Feb 18th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Jelena this is the end
it over
i am over you
you dont deserve to have any fan anymore
go and have kids with stupid ustasa
:ras:

Uranium
Feb 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM
ewwww, you are one disloyal EXfan

ce
Feb 18th, 2008, 10:07 PM
i was her fan since first time i saw her
she doesnt deserve me as fan
i dont want to waste my time
but i will always love her
and i feel sorry for her :sad:

hdfb
Feb 18th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Jelena I hope you are all right..... If I could I would just lock you in Australia for half a year and make you play challengers.

Philip
Feb 18th, 2008, 11:39 PM
eh..?

Dokic Pierce
Feb 19th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Is this "interview" still coming out that MilanDokic was talking about? :confused:

Ben.
Feb 19th, 2008, 04:41 AM
I really do hope that Jelena is alright :unsure:

azza
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:15 AM

can u fkn speak english propely or dont post at all

So Disrespectful
Feb 19th, 2008, 05:49 AM

And can you fucking be nice to people?

Привет
Feb 19th, 2008, 06:05 AM

Says the poster who graces us with this slaughtering of the English language.

Golovinjured.
Feb 19th, 2008, 06:20 AM

:lol:

I hope she turns up in Rome, she's worked so hard and had so many good wins :drool:

azza
Feb 19th, 2008, 06:57 AM

lol :)

Schnyderfreak
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:18 AM
CMON JELENAA PLAY!If I read these posts and believe in what Milandokic says then this is your best way out of trouble. Then again you should play tennis cuz you want it and want to come back. Any other reason would not lead to success.
The fact that you've beaten top 100 players in Melbourne shows that you've still got what it takes so start playing those blooodyy tournaments again picking up points so you can play tiers again in abt 6-8 months. this is speaking realistically.
what's the point saving up your wc's for GS if your last match was in Melbourne?
Cmon take it one step at a time!!!

King Aaron
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:48 PM
JESUS CHRIST !!! Will this drama end EVER ? I cant believe what is happening, who would force Jelena to play tennis again ? The only "normal" answe would be that she is in debts and has to return loads of money to mafia :shrug:

However, I believe Milan, and I think ist is all about money.

Good Luck Jelena.
If she is in debt and has to return money, wouldn't the logical step be to push for an Aussie Open main draw WC? Drop all the pretenses of wanting a qualy WC, I believe she would have gotten it had she really pushed for it.

Plus, if she's being forced to do this...she would have been 'made' to request for a WC in Pattaya as well.

I'm sorry but it's all just ludicrous talk. :rolleyes:

cn ireland
Feb 19th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Entry list update:

Minsk: alt #66

Rome-Real: alt #260

Seeing as Jelena hasn't withdrawn yet does anyone think she might actually intend to play in Minsk?

Uranium
Feb 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Minsk-she's storming up that list:bounce:

cn ireland
Feb 19th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Minsk-she's storming up that list

Hopefully 66 players above her will pull out and Jelena will actually decide to play here:bounce:!

Just Do It
Feb 19th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I still think she would need a wild card even for Q draw in Minsk :(

ninanina19
Feb 19th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I don't think she will ask for it though.

Schnyderfreak
Feb 20th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I think using the wc to get into the qualie draw would be a better option now instead of not playing at all. this could lead to not playing anymore so USE the wc and destroy everybody in the qualie draw and whatever comes next Jelenaa!! :armed:

Golovinjured.
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:35 PM
She's still in the alt list, now at #61.

Is there any particular reason she ends up so far down the alternate list at all these ITF's? In Capriolo, Buchen and Minsk, she was in the last 20 or 30 alternates of around 200-300, subsequently giving her virtually no chance of making the quallie draw with no ranking...

Is it just bad luck or what?

Schnyderfreak
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:44 PM

Is there any particular reason she ends up so far down the alternate list at all these ITF's? In Capriolo, Buchen and Minsk, she was in the last 20 or 30 alternates of around 200-300, subsequently giving her virtually no chance of making the quallie draw with no ranking...

you just answered your own question and if she doesn't start playing it won't get better. She must play!!

Babolatpro880
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:49 PM

Once you get down into all the players without a ranking, it goes by whoever entered first I think. So I guess she entered the events rather late.

Golovinjured.
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:33 PM
you just answered your own question and if she doesn't start playing it won't get better. She must play!!

I know that she has to play, if she were ranked by now she would have made the quallie draw for Minsk automatically. I just think she really doesn't want to use up those WC's..

I hope she plays in Minsk, although it seems like a tougher 25K - Beygelzimer, Lapushchenkova, Roesch, Pavlyuchenkova, Rodionova - won't be a walk in the park either, but very much winnable..

Golovinjured.
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Dokic is #258th Alternate in the $10k Rome Real ITF on clay out of 298 alternates :banghead:

:bigcry: looks like if she wants to play there she'll again need a WC..as would have been the case in Capriolo, in Buchen, and in Minsk..

Harvs
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:28 AM
pleaseeee just take a wc.........

Ben.
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:46 AM
Well I'm not surprised that Jelena is struggling to get into events at the moment, it doesn't hurt to be in tough positions & if you overcome them all the better. She has to overcome some obstacles & if she overcomes them she will be a much stronger player.

All the best Jelena.

Uranium
Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:58 AM
Dokic
Buchen-withdrew
Minsk-alt. #59

Golovinjured.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:11 AM
Dokic
Buchen-withdrew
Minsk-alt. #59

fuck I thought it said Minsk-wthdrew when i glanced at it!

DAMN YOU URANIUM - Give me a flinging flangin heart attack :lol:

thanks for the update..

Uranium
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:17 AM
i don't like point system, Dokic played 2 tournies last year and got 0 points:(

Привет
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:29 AM
Obviously using up WC's at ITF tournaments is not ideal, but if she doesn't use them there then she's not going to have a chance to use them at all. I say use them all up, she's good enough to get back into the top 100 and if she uses up her WC's on ITF's and then has to play ITF's until she's ranked high enough to enter WTA tournaments so be it. Just play somewhere Jelena.

I call bullshit at the things about Jelena being 'forced' to come back to tennis late last year. It looked to me that she was pretty self motivated to get back in the game, I just wish she would take that zest and motivation onto the court somewhere soon.

Ben.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
well minsk is her best hope for now, fingers crossed she can get in.

Havok
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:19 AM
Is Jelena retarded or something. Does she not understand that by just playing 1 more event, even f she crashes and burns, will get her a damn rank and she can gain entry in many ITF events and start working her way up to real WTA events??

Sheesh it doesn't take that much common sense to understand such a thing. Play anywhere Jelena and you will get an official ranking. A pretty good one too, considering you will have only competed in 3 events within the span of 52 weeks.

Renalicious
Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:40 AM
Lmao. Jelena. *shakes head*

Uranium
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Dokic is ALT 58 now

Ben.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
well only 58 withdrawls to go, its kinda of a start.

Freakan
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:59 AM
She won't get in! Withdrawal deadline was on Tuesday and every player that have withdrawn after that day will be fined. She probably won't even reach 50th place in alternates list.

Schnyderfreak
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM
She won't get in! Withdrawal deadline was on Tuesday and every player that have withdrawn after that day will be fined. She probably won't even reach 50th place in alternates list.

Will this be the moment that she realizes to use those bloody wc's???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's already a long time since AO she needs the matchplay if she wants to come back

Uranium
Feb 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM
:fiery:

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:51 PM
LOL. You guys need to realize that it doesn't MATTER whether she actually gets in directly or not. Yes, it matters in the sense that she wouldn't have to use a wildcard, but the truth is she wouldn't play even if she DID get direct entry. Jelena isn't playing now because she's CHOOSING not to, for one reason or the other. If she truly wanted to be out there competing, she'd ask for a fucking wildcard and that would be the end of it.

ninanina19
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:16 PM
^^^And she wouldn't be entering 10 and 25ks.

Philip
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I get the feeling Jelenas not playing anytime soon.

matty
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Well, she needs to figure things out pretty quick-is she just really stubborn or what?
Just flippin' play, Jelena--let's go!!!!

King Aaron
Feb 25th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Well, she needs to figure things out pretty quick-is she just really stubborn or what?
Just flippin' play, Jelena--let's go!!!!
Nope, not stubborn. Just really arrogant and self-indulgent. Tennis Australia will always be at her feet and she's just too good to be playing any tournaments at all.
That's our Jelena. :shrug:

Dokic Pierce
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:55 PM
MilanDokic, where is this interview you were talking about??

SM
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:04 AM
everything she does is BEZ VEZE!!!

commits withdraw commit withdraw :rolleyes: shta je ova!

MilanDokic
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:41 PM
MilanDokic, where is this interview you were talking about??

Unfortunately, it was Jelena's lie about interview!

She didn't respond on telephone callings anymore!

Serbian newspapers:

Jelena's career is almost over!

Uranium
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:53 PM
:eek:

Slutati
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:15 PM
:scared:Things are not looking good at all

Golovinjured.
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I truly believe that had she been given a maindraw wildcard into the AO, and won a match, she would have made good of this comeback. It's like a death :bigcry: Please play Minsk Jelena! WC's should be announced sometime today or tomorrow I believe.

MilanDokic = FALSE HOPE GIVER!

Golovinjured.
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:01 PM
However Dokic has entered the 10K Rome Pomezia ITF. She is 131st alternate, and the 16th unranked alternate - this will give her a great chance to make the qualifying draw automatically if the Rome Real entry list is anything to go by where there are already 12 unranked players in qualifying.

Good luck Jelena :) Please play and get a ranking ..

That way if she decides to have another go at a comeback halfway through the year or something it will be alot easier with a top 500 ranking then no ranking at all..

Dokic Pierce
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I refuse to believe Jelena's career is over until she says so. :D

Ben.
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I don't really believe what the Serbian newspapers are saying about Jelena, thats what the media can do though sadly.

Привет
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I don't believe Serbian newspapers. Paprika & tomatoes, anyone? ;)

Play somewhere, Jelena. Time may be running out for you and if you just played you could have a few more successfull years on tour.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Paprika & tomatoes, anyone? ;)
LOL. Indeed.

Cankarlo
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM
No WC for Jelena in Minsk as well :(

Philip
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Why does she keep entering tournaments... with the knowledge that shes probably not going to get in without a rank and not asking for WCs???? :mad:

Just Do It
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I am wondering the same. Why entering tournaments at all ? She really must write a book, damn !!

Highlandman
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I don't think it's almost over yet. She would be stupid after 4 great wins in Australia. Would be too early.

matty
Feb 27th, 2008, 05:58 PM
If she does blow it...and fades off into the sunset, I do believe there will be a day when she will have deep regret for what could have been. The only conclusion that I can come to is that she is suffering from depression and may be compensating with something other than tennis and exercise...

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:15 PM
The only conclusion that I can come to is that she is suffering from depression and may be compensating with something other than tennis and exercise...
That's what I think too. It's the only explanation that would make any sense to me. But she made it sound like she was doing so much better in Australia, so I'd be a little surprised if she's again fallen into the depths of depression. She worked so hard and did so well. I dunno, it's sad.

Dokic Pierce
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:01 PM
It would just be so nice to hear from Jelena herself about the situation - I hate how we all have to 'decipher' things because she isn't talking to anyone. You would think after her success in Australia that some sports journalists over in Aus would be following her progress and enquirying with her why she wasn't playing?

Golovinjured.
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:09 PM
:bigcry: Play when your ready Jelena....

There were only 2 MD WC's given so who knows?

King Aaron
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Sigh. I finally got the newspaper cutting about Jelena making her 'comeback' from The Herald Sun. Guess it wasn't much of a comeback. :shrug:

Philip
Feb 28th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Jeleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa............... where are you?? :sad:

Golovinjured.
Mar 1st, 2008, 10:54 AM
UPDATE

$10K Rome Real - 78th Alternate
$10K Rome Pomezia - 118th Alternate

Does anyone think she'll participate in these ITFs? I really believe she will. I'm interested to see where she enters after Pomezia. She has Miami, which we can pretty much discount altogether, as we can do with the 25K in the US that week. Then she has a $10K on clay in Egypt, a $25K on clay in Belgium and a $50K on clay in Italy, aswell as a $10K on hardcourts in Greece aswell as 3 x $25K's in Britain, Spain & Russia.

Good news is that with her alt position in Pomezia there's a great chance she'll make the qualifying draw directly. If this happens, and she doesn't play, then we can start to speculate as to her tennis future, but if she does play.. .. ..i get so overwhelmed everytime I even think about her playing again :lol: Please play in the next month Jelena! We all miss you!

Hopefully she gets on her feet before Roland Garros, plays a few ITF's and maybe some Tier IV's and III's, and hopefully snap up that Roland Garros WC! But if she wants it she needs to act quick!

Cankarlo
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Mr Dokic, is Jelena realy in Miami list? I'll be amazed if she plays there.

Just Do It
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM
I am scared she will actually PLAY those 10k's and lose in early rounds because she di not pick a racket for 2 months now :unsure:

Highlandman
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM
Mr Dokic, is Jelena realy in Miami list? I'll be amazed if she plays there.

Miami is T1, and Jelena is even unranked. And players lower than 500 can't play T1 or T2 events without a wildcard.

Highlandman
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:14 PM
When I looked in her wtatour.com-profile today and seen her 2008 results it makes me very sad to see that she is waiting again so long to play another tournament.

She trashed Erakovic, Meusburger & Shvedova and also won against Müller and now even don't play any 10k's. I don't get it. Maybe the loss to Tanasugarn was harder for her than expected? :sad: But Tanasugarn is playing well 2008, so it was no shame or so.

Highlandman
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
I am scared she will actually PLAY those 10k's and lose in early rounds because she di not pick a racket for 2 months now :unsure:

I think she could beat at the moment like Petrova, Szavay or Bammer - maybe even Mauresmo or Schnyder, but also lose to players like Marina di Guiseppe or Laura Valverdu-Zaira again, all would not be a real surpirse. It just depends on her motivation and if she really wants.

Uranium
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:36 PM
Dokic should get WCs into IW or Miami, but i doubt she will.
she just needs to play. when will a tourny be in Zagreb, she'll certainly play there:p

Highlandman
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:44 PM
Dokic should get WCs into IW or Miami, but i doubt she will.
she just needs to play. when will a tourny be in Zagreb, she'll certainly play there:p

I don't know if she will go to USA for one event or so :p With the risk to lose in first match.

In my opinion she should go to the lower Tier's in spring like Prague or Strasbourg, and if she plays Challengers, also not too low. 10k is = :help: for her. There she is not really motivated, if she directly gets more known opponents, she also feels more the competition.

In a 10k-Draw probably doesn't know any player, or maybe 1 or 2, that's it :lol:

Uranium
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM
I don't know if she will go to USA for one event or so :p With the risk to lose in first match.

In my opinion she should go to the lower Tier's in spring like Prague or Strasbourg, and if she plays Challengers, also not too low. 10k is = :help: for her. There she is not really motivated, if she directly gets more known opponents, she also feels more the competition.

In a 10k-Draw probably doesn't know any player, or maybe 1 or 2, that's it :lol:

like 2005, where she played estoril and prague and rabat?
i agree, but she would have to train hard for clay.
ijust want her to play lol.

Just Do It
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:49 PM
There is one 50k tournament in Zagreb, I am not sure when, though.

Highlandman
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:52 PM
There is one 50k tournament in Zagreb, I am not sure when, though.

At the end of April.

Before are few 10K's in Croatia. ;)

Highlandman
Mar 1st, 2008, 02:57 PM
like 2005, where she played estoril and prague and rabat?
i agree, but she would have to train hard for clay.
ijust want her to play lol.

Yeah. But in 2005 her ranking was at this time still enough to get inside qualies there, now she needs Wildcards :o

In Rabat she didn't play bad there I remember, I think R2 or QF (Without looking) she was close to beat Na Li and survived qualies (And beat Cibulkova :p ) and trashed Kurhajcova in R1, who was around Top-100 to this time.

And in Prague she got a clear loss by OndraskovŠ and then against BirnerovŠ :o

It always seems like when she is going to be better again and maybe losses a match again (Very close or very clear), everything she built up before breaks in again. Maybe that's the case after the loss to Tanasugarn, I really don't know, but it's possible that this loss was very hard for her.

King Aaron
Mar 1st, 2008, 03:38 PM
Losing to Tammy is nothing. It shouldn't be considered as a setback. She has lost to Tammy before. I don't know what the fuck is going on with her. And it really pisses me off. It's so obvious that she can make it back to the top again. Why she doesn't want to make it happen puzzles me.

Golovinjured.
Mar 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
When I looked in her wtatour.com-profile today and seen her 2008 results it makes me very sad to see that she is waiting again so long to play another tournament.

She trashed Erakovic, Meusburger & Shvedova and also won against MŁller and now even don't play any 10k's. I don't get it. Maybe the loss to Tanasugarn was harder for her than expected? :sad: But Tanasugarn is playing well 2008, so it was no shame or so.

:lol: I did the exact same thing last night, made me sad that she isn't still playing for the past 2 months or so :bigcry:

When I looked at her schedule in 2006, she played Hobart, AO, then didn't play until late April - so it looks like we've got quite the wait ahead of us doesn't it.

But Rome Real is next! WC's should be out around Wednesday - and hopefully Jelena asked for one :)

OZTENNIS
Mar 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM
I think she can practically kiss that Roland Garros wildcard goodbye, that will go to TA's lovechild Jessica Moore :hearts:

Uranium
Mar 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM
I think she can practically kiss that Roland Garros wildcard goodbye, that will go to TA's lovechild Jessica Moore :hearts:

omg, that reminds me, great chance Dokic will get QWC at Wimbledon like 2006 since she has made semifinals there and done well there:bounce:

Ben.
Mar 1st, 2008, 10:07 PM
I really do not care if Jelena attempts to enter & play 10k events at the moment, she really needs to get some matches under her belt. Hey if she loses in the 1R in her
1st event since the AO I won't be too worried knowing that she has already played.

She will have to expect some losses but afterwards the wins will come.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 2nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Just Play Jelena!

dulkogii
Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
come on jelena!

Just Do It
Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
It is already march ... and still no news ...

IMPOSSIBLE
Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
play, ... please

Golovinjured.
Mar 2nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
DOKIC UPDATE

$10K Rome Real - 75th Alternate
$10K Rome Pomezia - 110th Alternate

In Real, there are about 15 unranked players in the quallie draw already, but its a 54 player quallie draw whereas Pomezia is only 26 direct quallie draw, which means Dokic will likely need a WC for Pomezia if she's to play there aswell..

I'd really love to see her commit to the $50K in Italy Latina on clay the week after...

matty
Mar 3rd, 2008, 02:44 AM
That's what I think too. It's the only explanation that would make any sense to me. But she made it sound like she was doing so much better in Australia, so I'd be a little surprised if she's again fallen into the depths of depression. She worked so hard and did so well. I dunno, it's sad.

The "disease" which is caused by imbalances in brain chemistry can strike at any time, even if she in experiencing an "up" time in her life (her success in australia). She mostly likely inherited it from her dad. I wonder if he is bi-polar. That can be a hard one to treat. Most likely the reason for his heavy drinking and violent mood swings.

Highlandman
Mar 3rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
DOKIC UPDATE

$10K Rome Real - 75th Alternate
$10K Rome Pomezia - 110th Alternate

In Real, there are about 15 unranked players in the quallie draw already, but its a 54 player quallie draw whereas Pomezia is only 26 direct quallie draw, which means Dokic will likely need a WC for Pomezia if she's to play there aswell..

I'd really love to see her commit to the $50K in Italy Latina on clay the week after...

50k Latina would be a good tournament to play. Hopefully, but I really don't know.

I would love to see her playing the schedule:

Estoril
Fes
Prague
Strasbourg

Would be a good decision, but I doubt she will.

cn ireland
Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Dokic update:

10k Rome-Real : Alt #66

10k Rome- Pomerzia: Alt 91

jordan1989
Mar 4th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Do U guys think she'll get into Roma REAL I don't

MilanDokic
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:52 AM
OMG, you really think Jelena will play these tournaments? :eek:

Unfortunately, her career is almost over!

Daniel.
Mar 4th, 2008, 08:04 AM
You really like to give as little information as possible dont u?

if jelena quits tennis shes a mole and should be shot. (Not literally, i love her but shes an idiot for so many reasons... and did i mention a liar?)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Well Tell us Why :help:

azza
Mar 4th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Whos Dokic?

Just Do It
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Milane, sta se desava, otkud sad odjednom ovakav preokret ? :sad:

Golovinjured.
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:57 AM
MilanDokic is so annoying! TELL US WHY HER CAREER IS ALMOST OVER!

I won't believe it til she says so, not through hear say from MilanDokic..

Golovinjured.
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:03 AM
UPDATE:

Rome Real - 63rd Alternate
Rome Pomezia - 53rd Alternate

Freakan
Mar 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Didn't you say she would retire very soon May?:o

MyskinAce
Mar 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Good bye Jelena... :bigcry:

Cankarlo
Mar 4th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Jelena is #10 in alternates of Rome-Pomezia and she is in the 50K Latina entrance list as well.

Just Do It
Mar 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Latina :yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 4th, 2008, 06:28 PM
:yawn:

cn ireland
Mar 4th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I really hope that MilanDokic is wrong when he says that Jelena's career is almost over. If that was the case it doesn't make sense that she continues to appear on entry lists for itfs e.g. 50k in Latina.

However if Jelena officially announces her retirement soon (which I don't think she will), isn't it great that her fans got to see her reach #4 in the world and a Wimbledon semi-final. Not everyone's fans can say that can they?

But Jelena please play soon so we can forget about these rumours of retirement:hearts:

Just Do It
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I agree. From one side I believe what Milan is saying because he was telling us the truth every time, but from the other sie she is still commiting to those tournaments, I am really confused.

But I will NEVER understand what happened after great Australian summer ? :sad:

Highlandman
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I can agree with most guys.

We have to wait and see. I could just post same as I already did before, so I won't. I would be just surprised if she gives up after beating 4 very good players in Australia and especially after trashing 3 of them. I wouldn't get it.

Highlandman
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I really hope that MilanDokic is wrong when he says that Jelena's career is almost over. If that was the case it doesn't make sense that she continues to appear on entry lists for itfs e.g. 50k in Latina.

However if Jelena officially announces her retirement soon (which I don't think she will), isn't it great that her fans got to see her reach #4 in the world and a Wimbledon semi-final. Not everyone's fans can say that can they?

But Jelena please play soon so we can forget about these rumours of retirement:hearts:

Hopefully. But at the end of 2006 it was a similar situation, till I have posted that she is practising in Pilic's academy and no word was there about an upcoming retirement. I doubt it is much different right now, just nobody knows what she is doing or planning. It was similar there & suddenly she was in Munich, so.

Philip
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:55 PM

you should really explain yourself more... cos thats just annoying.

So Disrespectful
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Oh I get it. She's about to retire, but she keeps committing to tournaments so she can come onto WTAworld and laugh at her fans.

That must be it ;)

Uranium
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
People stop being rude.
Milan is saying that Dokic wants to play and comeback, but most likely won't for personal reasons and might retire soon.
hopefully he is wrong;)

Golovinjured.
Mar 5th, 2008, 06:32 AM
All this talk is making me sad :bigcry:

DOKIC UPDATE:

$10K Rome Real - 56th Alternate
$10K Rome Pomezia - 10th Alternate
$50K Latina - 212th Alternate

I think this is Jelena's chance here. I'm not too worried about Real, but she has a huge chance of reachin the Pomezia qualifying draw directly. I'd love to see her play there and then I think if she performs well she could ask for a WC in Latina.

She should make Pomezia draw automatically, and if she does, and then withdraws, then we'll know where she's at with this comeback. I think if she doesn't compete in any of these 3 ITF's, then we can really worry.

azza
Mar 5th, 2008, 07:33 AM
OMG NEWS

Jelens Next event is the 2009 AO WC play offs.

Golovinjured.
Mar 5th, 2008, 10:12 AM
OMG NEWS

How original! :o Haven't heard this one before.. :rolleyes:

Uranium
Mar 5th, 2008, 10:18 AM
OMG NEWS

why do you post here?:confused:
your comments are :yawn:

Harvs
Mar 5th, 2008, 11:00 AM
OMG NEWS

aha sadly, thats what its looking like...

Just Do It
Mar 5th, 2008, 11:31 AM
This is all Deja Vu.

I remember last year I opened a cheering thread for Latin, which was supposed to be her first tournament of the year but she did not show up.

Philip
Mar 5th, 2008, 02:14 PM
If she does get into the Q Draw of Pomezia... it really doesnt mean anything, cos she has to sign in to be in the draw... so if she doesnt sign in it doesnt matter... cos it'll just go to the next alt who has signed in, so technically jelena doesnt even need to withdraw. :shrug:

Heres hoping she will sign in.

up!
Mar 5th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Jelena is sucj a strange girl.
She looked so motivated in December...
Since the AO, she didn't play right ?

matty
Mar 5th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Well, all I can say is this: "Jelena, I wish you the best no matter what your decisions may be--I hope you continue your comeback, but I know sometimes life can throw you a few curve balls (or 2 or 3). Whatever the case, try to be happy and true to yourself!"

Golovinjured.
Mar 6th, 2008, 01:21 PM
WC's for Rome Real have been announced. Jelena hasn't recieved a WC as of yet :bigcry:

UPDATE

Rome Real - 40th Alternate
Rome Pomezia - 10th Alternate
Latina - 206th Alternate

ce
Mar 6th, 2008, 04:12 PM
people she wont play :shrug:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 6th, 2008, 07:00 PM
MR DOKIC. :o You don't need anyone like MilanDokic to give you false hope, you provide it for yourself.

She's not gonna play.

cn ireland
Mar 6th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Its disappointing that Jelena hasn't got a WC for Rome-Real and I have to admit that if she doesn't play Pomezia the following week (where it is highly likely she'll make the qualy draw) or ask for a WC into Latina, I don't we'll be seeing Ms. Dokic for many months which would be such a shame.

powerbackhand
Mar 6th, 2008, 09:01 PM
why doesnt she just play some itfs in Australia just to get a rank

Golovinjured.
Mar 6th, 2008, 09:03 PM
If she makes Pomezia Qualifying, and doesn't show, or doesn't ask for a WC into Latina, then I'll start to lose hope...

powerbackhand
Mar 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM
play jelena

powerbackhand
Mar 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM
some tournament should offer a wildcard as she would bring publicity to the tournament???/

powerbackhand
Mar 6th, 2008, 09:13 PM
????????????????

SM
Mar 7th, 2008, 12:58 AM
HEY POWER BACKHAND R U OF MACEDONIAN background too?? or u just like the flag hehe

Ben.
Mar 7th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Well, all I can say is this: "Jelena, I wish you the best no matter what your decisions may be--I hope you continue your comeback, but I know sometimes life can throw you a few curve balls (or 2 or 3). Whatever the case, try to be happy and true to yourself!"

exactly :yeah:

rada
Mar 7th, 2008, 04:59 AM
HEY POWER BACKHAND R U OF MACEDONIAN background too?? or u just like the flag hehe

ha ha steve

Just Do It
Mar 7th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Guys, I really think there is something wrong with Jelena, I am scared they are black mailing her or something .... I mean a normal person wouldnt do something like this. I remember how optimistic she was in Australia saying this come back will be successful and that she is hungry of playing tennis and plus EVERY tournament would offer her a wild card :shrug:

She is in problems for sure .... :unsure:

Darop.
Mar 7th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Guys, I really think there is something wrong with Jelena, I am scared they are black mailing her or something .... I mean a normal person wouldnt do something like this. I remember how optimistic she was in Australia saying this come back will be successful and that she is hungry of playing tennis and plus EVERY tournament would offer her a wild card :shrug:

She is in problems for sure .... :unsure:

I think it's quite clear she's NOT normal.

Just Do It
Mar 7th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I think it's quite clear she's NOT normal.

:tape:

I hope she IS still normal, but is in problems, big problems.What kind of problems I cant even guess :shrug:

cn ireland
Mar 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Bad News:

Jelena has withdrawn from Pomezia:mad:.

She must've been worried that she might actually make the qualy draw:rolleyes:

Just Do It
Mar 7th, 2008, 05:44 PM
She must've been worried that she might actually make the qualy draw

True. At least we know she is alive and still can use a phone :yeah:

auntie janie
Mar 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Looks like it's 2007 all over again. :o

IMPOSSIBLE
Mar 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
:o

Not in Rome qualies

OZTENNIS
Mar 7th, 2008, 10:32 PM
And we couldn't see that happening as soon as she left Australia for Zagreb could we?

Ben.
Mar 7th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I don't when Jelena is gonna play again :shrug: looks like she put in the hard yards for nothing. Hope I'm wrong though, however where ever she is at the moment I hope she is happy.

Golovinjured.
Mar 8th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Oh dear. No Pomezia for Dokic then...

Hopefully she shows up in Latina but unfortunately I very much doubt it :bigcry:

She will show up somewhere this year won't she?

azza
Mar 8th, 2008, 02:51 AM
shouldnt tennis aus be chasing up there players?

Golovinjured.
Mar 8th, 2008, 04:11 AM
shouldnt tennis aus be chasing up there players?

You'd think so wouldn't you, especially it being a player as high profile as Jelena. After the 2006 comeback fiasco, you'd think they would plan out a schedule for say the first 2 months post-AO and she would have to commit to it, otherwise she shouldn't have gotten those WC's into Hobart and the AO...

King Aaron
Mar 8th, 2008, 06:58 AM
:yawn: This story is over.

LCS
Mar 9th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Jelena get that big butt on the courts right now!! ....what a waste of talent...

Schnyderfreak
Mar 9th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Jelena get that big butt on the courts right now!! ....what a waste of talent...

totally right there. Why bother training your butt off in Australia to try and get into the qualies if don't persevere afterwards??
these ITF's are childsplay with the form you showed in December- January :shrug:

matty
Mar 10th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Maybe she needs to ditch the boyfriend-he may have her head all screwed up.

Just Do It
Mar 10th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Latina is her last chance not to ruin the whole year.

Just Do It
Mar 11th, 2008, 11:31 AM
As far as I know she is back to Zagreb because she is having some private problems in her family. Her mum has joined her in Zagreb...
Jelena will give an interview soon to one croatian magazine!!!

:shrug:

Golovinjured.
Mar 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM
She probably heard this from Milan_Dokic just as we did. I doubt theres an interview unfortunately. I really can't believe this has happened, I'm just in disbelief. Her start was so promising this time.

cn ireland
Mar 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure if anyone here really believes that Jelena is going to play anytime soon but I though i'd give an update on entry lists all the same:

50k Latina Italy 24-30 March: Alt #40

25k Civitechiaa (sorry for the poor spelling!!!!) 31 Mar-6 April: Alt #235

Golovinjured.
Mar 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks cn_ireland

She's 40th alt in Latina? I didn't think she'd get that far into a 50K entry list :S weird..Looks as though she'll need a WC for Civitechia if she wants to play there - SO ASK FOR ONE JELENA!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 11th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Just play somewhere!

Mr.Kardashian
Mar 11th, 2008, 11:47 PM
i really hope jelena makes some noise soon, her january results were very promising

Dokic Pierce
Mar 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM
37th alternate now - I wish we knew if she was going to ask for a wild card ??

auntie janie
Mar 12th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Doesn't matter -- last year she did get a Latina QWC, but didn't show up anyway. :(

Just Do It
Mar 13th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Anyone sent an email to tournament director yet ? I think Italian speaking poster should do it.

Cankarlo ?

Golovinjured.
Mar 13th, 2008, 09:46 PM
They did it on the tennisrulz forum. Go to:

go to tennisrulz forums, click on Jelena Dokic, and go to the ITF thread, I couldn't undertand it -> he had bad english..

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 13th, 2008, 10:18 PM
He basically said there wouldn't be a WC available for Dokic. It wasn't that hard to understand.

Uranium
Mar 14th, 2008, 03:41 AM
He basically said there wouldn't be a WC available for Dokic. It wasn't that hard to understand.

not even qualifying?

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 14th, 2008, 03:47 AM
not even qualifying?
I think if you read further into it, it's "Jelena doesn't want a WC so she's not playing."

End.

Just Do It
Mar 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Oh my days ... :spit:

auntie janie
Mar 14th, 2008, 01:29 PM
"J'm sorry , but y have not disponibility WC for jelena . Best Regards"

disponibile = available

So, yeah, they definitely aren't going to give Jelena a wild card. That's the end of that feeble ray of hope. :(

But why should they give her one, when they gave her one last year and she didn't show up?

Being unranked, Jelena would have to be very highly motivated to get into any tournament right now, and I think we can all agree that she doesn't have that level of motivation. Lucic is in almost the same boat, with her ranking due to drop below 700 next week. It would be a long, hard grind for either player to get back. Is either of them up for this sort of struggle? Look at Sesil; she had to play PRE-QUALIFYING to get into the first event she played this year. But she did it, and she's already top-400 despite recent losses. Pandzic also started out unranked last year and slogged her way through 10Ks, including qualies, until her ranking rose. So, motivated players can do it, but someone who is ambivalent at all about their career is not going to bother -- and that sounds like Jelena to me. I have more hope for Lucic; she does seem motivated. Her problem right now is her error-filled game. We'll have to see if she can find her form enough to earn some ranking points in these 25k's.

Just Do It
Mar 14th, 2008, 01:37 PM
@ auntie janie. You cant compare Dokic and Lucic. Jelena showed she can come back this January, beating 3-4 top100 players. I doubt Lucic will ever do something similar. As for being unranked, she needs only one fucking point to get her ranking in the top500 !!

Damn, I cant wait for that interview.

Golovinjured.
Mar 14th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I really really really doubt that there's an interview..sadly

Why would she give an interview about not playing anything for 2 months after a great aussie summer for her..

Just Do It
Mar 14th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I really really really doubt that there's an interview..sadly

Why would she give an interview about not playing anything for 2 months after a great aussie summer for her..

$$$

Golovinjured.
Mar 14th, 2008, 01:50 PM
$$$

Ah, of course! There may be an interview .. I don't know..not a clue..I don't think anybody does thanks to Dokic not telling us anything!! I'm barely checking her alt positions or tournament entries anymore - hopefully she turns up somewhere - but I'm not waiting around for it..

It's really really sad. Her 2008 comeback was the reason I joined this forum in the first place..

Highlandman
Mar 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM
We will see. But it's true, she should just play one more tourney to get inside rankings.

I still wish she goes and plays few tournaments from Fes, Estoril, Prague or Strasbourg, these would be a good destination to get some good points.

Lucic - Dokic? Yeah. I think Dokic definitely has better chances to do better again. The 4 very good wins in January showed it definitely.

A former #4 does not even get a QWC for a 50k? That's a bad joke.

auntie janie
Mar 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM
@ auntie janie. You cant compare Dokic and Lucic. Jelena showed she can come back this January, beating 3-4 top100 players. I doubt Lucic will ever do something similar. As for being unranked, she needs only one fucking point to get her ranking in the top500 !!

Damn, I cant wait for that interview.

I know she needs just 1 point to enter the top 500. But here we are in mid-March, and she hasn't bothered playing a single event to earn that 1 point. It would be hard to find a more blatant sign of lack of interest than that.

ce
Mar 15th, 2008, 09:42 PM
she lives in Zagreb with her mom,not gonna play again

OZTENNIS
Mar 15th, 2008, 10:57 PM
...DOKIC HAS RETIRED???

Well after she left Australia it seemed inevitable :sad: what a waste of talent and a great start to the year :help:

Uranium
Mar 15th, 2008, 11:52 PM
she hasn't yet

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 16th, 2008, 06:34 AM
...DOKIC HAS RETIRED???

Well after she left Australia it seemed inevitable :sad: what a waste of talent and a great start to the year :help:

Where did you find this out???

OZTENNIS
Mar 16th, 2008, 06:45 AM
ce's post before mine

cn ireland
Mar 16th, 2008, 01:13 PM
...DOKIC HAS RETIRED???

Oh no, I really hope that this isn't true:sad:. Has it been confirmed or is it just speculation because she hasn't played for 2 months?

Uranium
Mar 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM
ce's post before mine

he was saying how she'll never play again being dramatic and not serious;)

cn ireland
Mar 16th, 2008, 01:40 PM

I thought as much:D. The only way these rumours can be stopped is if Jelena starts playing again so hurry up Jelena:hearts:!

Lennval
Mar 16th, 2008, 02:22 PM
please jelena play some tournament!

ce
Mar 16th, 2008, 04:18 PM

my friend told me that:wavey:

we will see
hope its not true

Uranium
Mar 16th, 2008, 04:52 PM
my friend told me that:wavey:

we will see
hope its not true

oo....grrr.

Temi4 fromLatvia
Mar 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
o my god. I saw jelena's interview, where she was saying about that she wants to come back in firs fifty in this season end. I also saw her play in ao wildcard palyoff. She was playing amazing. I'm sure she wants to come back. There is one prombler about her comeback. Tournaments organizer don't want to give dokic wildcard, and dokic has no money to buy it. Poor Elena. If she had a money i'm sure she would play...

dulkogii
Mar 16th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Jelena is come back yet ?

Dokic Pierce
Mar 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Dokic now 34th ranked - I think she might need a wild card :sad:

vutt
Mar 17th, 2008, 08:52 AM
she lives in Zagreb with her mom,not gonna play again

I wonder how Tino fits in into that "she lives in Zagreb with her mom" picture :devil:

cn ireland
Mar 17th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Entry List Updates:

50K Latina: Alt #34

25K Civitecchia : Alt #180

GeeTee
Mar 17th, 2008, 11:00 PM
If she'd stayed in Australia, she would have already gotten wildcards into two 25k tournaments. After this her ranking would probably be high enough to allow direct entry into two more Aussie ITFS, she could also have picked up a bit of money on the side (eg TV interviews)...

She might have even got an AIS Scholarship, meaning travel money and a paid full-time coach to accompany here..

oh and tournament organisers elsewhere in the world would be motivated by her results and rankings rise to offer other WCs in their tournaments...

All these options and what does Jelena pick? The worst one ("Abuse Tennis Australia and go back to the Balkans to sulk")

:( *toldyaso*