PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's schedule?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:21 PM
Oh Jelena, I miss you so much! Wish you could get it together and play your best tennis again.

Mashabator
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Me too :tears:

Mr.Kardashian
Jul 6th, 2010, 09:08 AM
i miss Jelena ....

Mashabator
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:32 AM
We all miss her :tears: please play!

$uricate
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Jelena's wiki page says she will be out for six weeks but as it is wiki you can make of it what you will.

It was probably someone here ;)

Though it dont take a psychic to predict Jelena's withdrawal from 6 weeks of ITFs

DokDi
Jul 6th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Jelena withdrew from Portoroz MD alt list. :p
(A 100k in Luxembourg is her priority 1 for that week.)

ce
Jul 7th, 2010, 05:57 PM
i hope she plays in Lux

leebeasy
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:41 AM
She is still playing Contrexeville 50K next week right?

Mastodon
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:08 PM
At the moment she is yes.

Dokic-Fan
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Fingers crossed that she stays on the list and actually plays that 50k. But today is Thursday, so it's her withdrawal day usually...

Mastodon
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Jelena entered Bucharest again.

DokDi
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Jul 12 - 50k Contrexeville (Fra) :unsure:
Jul 19 - 100k Petange (Lux)
Jul 26 - 75k Bucharest (Rou)

Aug 2 - If going to America probably:

1. 75k Vancouver (Can)
2. WTA San Diego Q (Usa)

If staying in Europe probably: 1. WTA Copenhagen Q (Den)

cn ireland
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Fingers crossed she plays next week:scared:!

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:05 PM
I really hopes she gets her butt on court for all of those events. Results matter less to me at this point, just to see her committed and playing tournaments of any type is all I want from her at the moment. The rest will come eventually if she sticks with it.

martinafan
Jul 9th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Would be great to see Jelena's name in draws again...she just needs regular matchplay!!!

Oh, and she needs to play some doubles too!!

Just Do It
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I had a dream she withdrew :(

Mashabator
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:19 PM
:sobbing: i hope your dream isnt telling the future!

DokDi
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Didn't withdraw today either...:eek:
Why she didn't play those two 100ks I'll never know. I guess it was more mentally rather than something else, after that Wimbledon fail. :hug:

Entered San Diego with priority 2 week of Aug 2. (Many places out of MD.)
Vancouver or Copenhagen priority 1 for that week? Hmm...my guess would be Vancouver as Jelena seem to love the ITF tour...:rolleyes:

cn ireland
Jul 9th, 2010, 06:44 PM
When will the MD come out for the 50K next week? Its only way we'll know for certain if she's going to play.

DokDi
Jul 9th, 2010, 06:49 PM
^ Probably on Sunday.

Just Do It
Jul 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Why she didn't play those two 100ks I'll never know. I guess it was more mentally rather than something else, after that Wimbledon fail. :hug:

Entered San Diego with priority 2 week of Aug 2. (Many places out of MD.)
Vancouver or Copenhagen priority 1 for that week? Hmm...my guess would be Vancouver as Jelena seem to love the ITF tour...:rolleyes:

Doubt she will be going to the States this year at all :lol:

DokDi
Jul 9th, 2010, 06:55 PM
^ Well, she hasn't got much of a choice, if she intends to play in August...

Havok
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Is she still playing on clay courts??:help:

At this point I wouldn't care if she entered a tournament with a broken class court, as long as she plays!

So Disrespectful
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Maybe her wrist was actually pretty badly injured and it's fully healed now?

$uricate
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Is she still playing on clay courts??:help:

At this point I wouldn't care if she entered a tournament with a broken class court, as long as she plays!

Oh God! I hope there isnt an itf somewhere played on a broken glass court :o

Jelena will probably enter it just so she can get injured and be out forever :sobbing:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 10th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Come back when you're feeling better Jelena :hug:

And eat all you want, we'll still love you :awww: :kiss:

$uricate
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Come back when you're feeling better Jelena :hug:

And eat all you want, we'll still love you :awww: :kiss:

I wont :o

:p

auntie janie
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Why she didn't play those two 100ks I'll never know. I guess it was more mentally rather than something else, after that Wimbledon fail. :hug::rolleyes:

My guess is that she used those weeks to work hard on her fitness. She would never have entered doubles on top of singles this week if she hadn't worked her way into better shape than she was at Wimbledon.

Gjtennis
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Once we get pics we will find out

Mastodon
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Jelena didn't enter Copenhagen. My guess is $75k Vancouver or week off.

DokDi
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
San Diego Q is also an opportunity, though I doubt she'd enter.

My guess is that she used those weeks to work hard on her fitness. She would never have entered doubles on top of singles this week if she hadn't worked her way into better shape than she was at Wimbledon.

It seems as if your guess was totally right!;)

Havok
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Please play Montreal.

Thanks.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Please play Montreal.

Thanks.
LOL yeah, not gonna happen

Darop.
Jul 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I had a dream Jelena beat Dulko 6-2 6-0 :o

Mashabator
Jul 15th, 2010, 11:47 AM
:lol: Plz let you have dreamt the future!

DokDi
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Jelena entered 75k Vancouver.

ITF continues...

Mashabator
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:29 PM
:o WTA PLZ

Dokic-Fan
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:13 PM
As long as Jelena wins all these ITFs, I'm pretty happy about that. ;)

And don't forget that Jelena hasn't reached a final or a SF at ITF level so far this season, so why should she step it up to WTA events now?

DokDi
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Yes, you have a point. She definitely needs some wins before stepping it up.
But seeing the draws and results in Prague and Palermo this week, with crap players in QF, I'm still not sure...

Oh well, if she travels to Canada maybe she'll play Montreal Q?
Then probably 100k Bronx and then US Open.

cn ireland
Jul 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I honestly don't mind what level tournament she plays as long as she wins loads of matches and starts moving up the rankings;)!

martinafan
Jul 16th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I think it's good that Jelena is entering these ITF's. She realises her game isn't at the level it should be and she's willing to grind out some tough wins until she feels fit enough and in-form enough to tackle the WTA events.

I'd much rather her enter ITF's and get to QF/SF/F of them, rather than trying WTA events and bombing out first round. She has always been the type of player that needs a lot of matches to get her rhythm and confidence back, so i think it's great.

It's even more promising that she's playing doubles this week (and won 2 matches!). It must mean she is really committed to working on her game and getting match practice. Hopefully she plays doubles a bit more regularly for the rest of the year.....afterall, she has been a top 10 doubles player and a GS finalist....

Keadz
Jul 16th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I think it will be good to wait till she gets back into the top 100 before we start talking about wta tournaments again...

Its a good sign that she is entering these events though, just wish she could have ONE full season before she retires!

Привет
Jul 16th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I really wish Jelena could get back to the stage where she only has to play WTA, but for now as long as she's playing (and winning) I'm not worried.

Freakan
Jul 17th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Playing ITF's is the best decision she could make. Not only because of match practice which is essential in her case but even more because of gaining points. With only the points she gained this year so far, she would be on verge of falling out of Top 300. She has a lot to defend after USO so now she has to secure herself points that will keep her ranking inside Top 150 till the end of the year. Playing WTA would is to risky, if she had some early losses, she would have to come back to playing 25k's.

Just Do It
Jul 17th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Playing ITF's is the best decision she could make. Not only because of match practice which is essential in her case but even more because of gaining points. With only the points she gained this year so far, she would be on verge of falling out of Top 300. She has a lot to defend after USO so now she has to secure herself points that will keep her ranking inside Top 150 till the end of the year. Playing WTA would is to risky, if she had some early losses, she would have to come back to playing 25k's.

Winning two rounds at USO would make it up for her all points won after USO :lol:

Freakan
Jul 18th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Not really. She has 358 pts to defend, she would have to reach QF to defend that (and gain a little more).

Dokic-Fan
Jul 18th, 2010, 04:32 PM
OK, Jelena's next two tournaments are Pétange next week and Vancouver two weeks after that, right?

Do we already know how it goes on after that?

leebeasy
Jul 18th, 2010, 04:54 PM
She's on the entry list for Bucharest 75K starting July 26th too.

Gjtennis
Jul 18th, 2010, 06:00 PM
OK, Jelena's next two tournaments are Pétange next week and Vancouver two weeks after that, right?

Do we already know how it goes on after that?

I don't! do tell

Dokic-Fan
Jul 18th, 2010, 06:15 PM
She's on the entry list for Bucharest 75K starting July 26th too.

Yes, I completely forgot that tournament. But in my opinion she should withdraw from that tournament to be ready for that 75k in Vancouver, because she should concentrate on US hardcourts after Pétange...

Babolatpro880
Jul 18th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't have minded seeing Jelena in Bad Gastein though. The draw is :o

Mashabator
Jul 19th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Wasnt Bucharest 100K last year?

martinafan
Jul 19th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I would like to see Jelena play singles and doubles (w/Fichman again) at Petange...take the week off, play 75K Vancouver (doubles w/Fichman again) on hardcourts, and stay in the US playing whatever she can until the US Open.

Daniel K
Jul 19th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I would like to see Jelena play singles and doubles (w/Fichman again) at Petange...take the week off, play 75K Vancouver (doubles w/Fichman again) on hardcourts, and stay in the US playing whatever she can until the US Open.

Yep sounds perfect to me.

doktor
Jul 19th, 2010, 02:18 PM

yep i'm also on board with this, but i think the more hardcourt practice she can get the better, she hasn't really had to play on a faster surface since AO (bar the minor excursion to wimbledon qualies) and i think she'll need all the practice she can get...

DokDi
Jul 21st, 2010, 06:55 PM
Dokic entered Cincinatti Q!:D
Hope this thigh injury isn't serious now...:unsure:

Just Do It
Jul 21st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hopefully she will play Bucharest 75k next week.

Mashabator
Jul 25th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Pleasseeee play it Jelly!

cn ireland
Jul 25th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Please play in the 75K next week and then go to the States Jelena;)!

Mastodon
Jul 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM
She's on the qualifying list for the Rogers Cup.

Jankarenka
Jul 29th, 2010, 06:08 PM
She needs to do well in the US Open :scared:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 29th, 2010, 07:52 PM
She's on the qualifying list for the Rogers Cup.
OMGGGGGGGGGGGG PLEASE PLAY JELENA :bigcry: :sobbing: :cheer:

I'll die if she plays and I can watch her live in quallies, seriously. And Lucic is entered too! :rocker2:

cn ireland
Jul 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Please play qualies in Cincy & Montreal Jelena;)!

Dokic-Fan
Jul 30th, 2010, 04:29 PM
With Jelena being in the SF of Bucharest this week, what will she do next week, when there's the 75k in Vancouver? :confused:

$uricate
Jul 30th, 2010, 08:55 PM
She'll withdraw. Duh :rolleyes:

At least thats usually the plan ;)

cn ireland
Jul 30th, 2010, 08:59 PM

I actually hope she withdraws from Vancouver and plays Cincinnati qualies instead;)!

Fretchap
Jul 30th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Please play Montreal and make it till Sunday Jelena! I want to see her :hearts:

Dokic-Fan
Jul 30th, 2010, 11:02 PM

I know, but she could also tell the tournament organizers that she wants to play her 1st round match on Wednesday... ;)

Alizé Molik
Jul 31st, 2010, 02:56 AM
I rly want her to fuck some bitches up in a WTA MD!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

hdfb
Aug 1st, 2010, 07:24 AM
I actually hope she withdraws from Vancouver and plays Cincinnati qualies instead;)!

Me too. She should get an extra two days rest and then play quallies at Copenhagen or Cincinnati!

Dokic-Fan
Aug 1st, 2010, 10:32 AM
Me too. She should get an extra two days rest and then play quallies at Copenhagen or Cincinnati!

The Copenhagen quali already started yesterday. ;) In the week of Cincinnati there's no other WTA tournament.

hdfb
Aug 1st, 2010, 11:00 AM
The Copenhagen quali already started yesterday. ;) In the week of Cincinnati there's no other WTA tournament.

You know I thought so! I was so darn sure Caro and Na Li were playing next week, but I checked WTA website and it lists Copenhagen as same week as Cincy.
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/Home/0,,12781,00.html
Hover your mouse over "Women" up the top and thats where it says its same starting date as Cincy :o

Illusionist
Aug 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
I saw her at MD for Vancouver 75k next week http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100022467&event=&order=Position

She'd be 4th seed. And it's hard :)

$uricate
Aug 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
I know, but she could also tell the tournament organizers that she wants to play her 1st round match on Wednesday... ;)

Oh God I hope so :drool:

leebeasy
Aug 1st, 2010, 04:08 PM
I saw her at MD for Vancouver 75k next week http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100022467&event=&order=Position

She'd be 4th seed. And it's hard :)

Would quite like her to play doubles with Molik too if she isn't too tired.

Mashabator
Aug 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM
Fichman is there, play dubs with her again :inlove:

DokDi
Aug 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Withdraw from that...:unsure:
It's time to rest, practice and step it up.

$uricate
Aug 1st, 2010, 06:03 PM
I think she should still play it. It would get her adjusted to hardcourts, and didnt this used to be a tier 4?

The court is probably bigger than she has played in a while. It would be good preparation.

Ballbasher
Aug 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM
I agree. It would be good for her to get some practice on hard.
Main Draw won't even start before Tuesday, she would most likely play on Wednesday. So if her flight started this night, she would have enough time to adjust. :shrug:

King Aaron
Aug 1st, 2010, 06:19 PM
She'll probably withdraw. I'm fine with that as long as she shows up in Cincinnati qualies.

Havok
Aug 2nd, 2010, 04:20 AM
Crossing my fingers for qualies at the Rogers Cup in Montreal!:drool::drool:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 2nd, 2010, 04:29 AM
Crossing my fingers for qualies at the Rogers Cup in Montreal!:drool::drool:
I'll see you there :p

So Disrespectful
Aug 2nd, 2010, 06:30 AM
I'm not fussed where she plays because she just needs the points. Vancouver would be ok, but I'd prefer her to take a rest. Either is fine though.

DefyingGravity
Aug 2nd, 2010, 06:33 AM
OMG...Vancouver has Razzano, Mirza, Molik, and Dokic?

Man, that sounds like the old Tier IV

So Disrespectful
Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Alright, here's a negative sentiment.

Jelena has ~390 points to defend for the rest of the year. If she fails to win any matches for the remainder of the season, she'll end up at around 160-170 in the rankings. Fortunately, she can make up a lot of ground from now through to the US Open as she has nothing to defend during this period.

DokDi
Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
^ :bigcry:

DokDi
Aug 2nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
If Jelena wants to play Cincinnati Q she will most likely not be able to play Vancouver, as Q begins on Saturday.

Honestly I want her to try for Q, so for the first time I really hope she withdraws from an event. :lol:
But it seems she's still in as of now...:unsure:

So Disrespectful
Aug 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
I don't mind what she does, either would be fine.

Also, I emailed the poll I posted in GM to Tennis Australia, so they can see how wrong they'll be if they give that WC to Sophie. :)

DokDi
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:19 PM
^ :worship:

Thanks Marlboro for your effort. You're a true Jelena - fan.

So Disrespectful
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
^ :worship:

Thanks Marlboro for your effort. You're a true Jelena - fan.

With too much spare time :banana:

DokDi
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
^ :lol: :kiss:

Mashabator
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
If she can produce a strong showing in her next event they have no reason not to give her that wildcard :)

Mashabator
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Just want to clear this up, i love jelena with all my heart, shes the reason i started playing tennis and she has made me truly happy, and proud to be a fan of her in the past for her achievements (particularly AO 2009).

Jelena in my eyes deserves the wildcard a whole lot more than sophie does, and even more so due to the fact that she has won 2 titles in a row and is on a 10 match winning streak, and i truly hope that she does get it, and will be bitterly dissappointed if she doesnt.

cn ireland
Aug 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
When will the Vancouver MD be out?

doktor
Aug 2nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
Just want to clear this up, i love jelena with all my heart, shes the reason i started playing tennis and she has made me truly happy, and proud to be a fan of her in the past for her achievements (particularly AO 2009).

Jelena in my eyes deserves the wildcard a whole lot more than sophie does, and even more so due to the fact that she has won 2 titles in a row and is on a 10 match winning streak, and i truly hope that she does get it, and will be bitterly dissappointed if she doesnt.

100% agree, but also i think she should get it due to the potential progress she could make through the draw, she's already proven what a fantastic player she is when she gets on a roll, and the damage she's done recently on a surface she herself admits is her weakest, why wouldn't they give her a chance on a surface her game is way more suited to

DokDi
Aug 2nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
EveryWeekLena is playing Vancouver! :yeah:

"Yes, she arrives tonight and has already booked practice courts tomorrow. We have her scheduled for Wednesday

Thank you"

From tournament director, R. Clark.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 2nd, 2010, 07:29 PM
OMG she's gonna play Montreal :hearts: :inlove: :banana:

FactsPlease
Aug 2nd, 2010, 08:23 PM

What a hilarious change! :lol:

Everyone here (including me) went from constantly lamenting that she never plays and cynically predicting weekly withdrawals to . . . worrying that she's over-playing and hoping that she pulls out!!

I would have been happy to see her take the week off -- she must be exhausted after all those moonballing clay-couters and 7/6-in-the-third victories -- but she knows her body best and must feel like she's ready.

The reasoning probably goes like this: she'd have to practice on hard courts this week, so why not have it be match practice? Even if she loses in the 1R in Vancouver, she'll at least have a match in on hard courts -- and can then get some rest -- before having to face harder competition in WTA Q.

Sounds smart.

All is well for once in Dokic Land, at least for now. Keep it up!!

cn ireland
Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:00 PM

So happy to have EveryWeekLena back:hearts:

LindsayRulz
Aug 3rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
OMG she's gonna play Montreal :hearts: :inlove: :banana:

Really? I didn't know she entered Montréal. :speakles:

Dominic
Aug 3rd, 2010, 01:52 AM
Really? I didn't know she entered Montréal. :speakles:

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mashabator
Aug 3rd, 2010, 04:39 AM
Oh yay good to see shes playing Vancouver :D

Babolatpro880
Aug 3rd, 2010, 05:14 AM
So happy to have EveryWeekLena back:hearts:

Agree.

JamieOwen3
Aug 3rd, 2010, 05:23 AM
that's such good news good luck jelena :yeah:

Just Do It
Aug 3rd, 2010, 12:32 PM
Dominic and Dave watching Jelena together in Montreal :cheer:

Just Do It
Aug 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
The teams announced today are:

* USA – Serena Williams and John Isner
* Serbia – Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic
* Belgium – Justine Henin and Steve Darcis
* France – Kristina Mladenovic and Gael Monfils
* Australia – Lleyton Hewitt (partner tbc)

Maybe there is a chance Jelena will play ?

Mashabator
Aug 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM

That is what i was hoping, but maybe it will be molik? :bigcry:

auntie janie
Aug 3rd, 2010, 01:01 PM
The reasoning probably goes like this: she'd have to practice on hard courts this week, so why not have it be match practice? Even if she loses in the 1R in Vancouver, she'll at least have a match in on hard courts -- and can then get some rest -- before having to face harder competition in WTA Q.

Sounds smart.

Great analysis! :yeah: Plus, there'll be plenty of decent practice partners in Vancouver.

I hope she'll get a couple of wins under her belt anyway. :D

doktor
Aug 3rd, 2010, 02:18 PM

if she play hopman, i'm going... guaranteed matches, and doubles, i'll fucking cry

hdfb
Aug 3rd, 2010, 02:26 PM

No exhos for Jelena!! She needs WTA points :o

Dokic-Fan
Aug 3rd, 2010, 09:04 PM
No exhos for Jelena!! She needs WTA points :o

Yes, I think so, too. Please no exhibition matches...

Mashabator
Aug 4th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Yes, I think so, too. Please no exhibition matches...

I think she could play Hopman and then maybe sydney or something... at least it would warm her up, and its not like she has many pts to defend early next year :)

Huntress55
Aug 4th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I think she could play Hopman and then maybe sydney or something... at least it would warm her up, and its not like she has many pts to defend early next year :)

Yeah and guaranteed matches is a good thing. Plus depending on groups and stuff Jelena would have a good chance to come up against higher ranked players and get some good matches in. I dont think playing HC would really be a bad thing for Jelena :shrug:

Mashabator
Aug 4th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah and guaranteed matches is a good thing. Plus depending on groups and stuff Jelena would have a good chance to come up against higher ranked players and get some good matches in. I dont think playing HC would really be a bad thing for Jelena :shrug:

Yeah just incase she might get a tough 1R opponent at Brisbane + like you said at least shes guaranteed matches there, and it would be a good test, plus wed get to see her obviously :hearts:

So Disrespectful
Aug 4th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Let's not forget, Jelena wants to finish 2010 in the top 20 :banana:

cn ireland
Aug 4th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Let's not forget, Jelena wants to finish 2010 in the top 20 :banana:

I'd settle for top 50 now;)!!

Fretchap
Aug 5th, 2010, 04:10 AM
I'll be at the Rogers Cup Saturday, Sunday and Monday :D I hope she plays the event and wins her first round on Friday so I can see her :bounce:

Havok
Aug 5th, 2010, 05:22 AM
If I can, I will be there every single day she plays!:hearts::hearts:

I work Saturday, maybe I can ask to only come in at night if she ends up playing.:D

doktor
Aug 5th, 2010, 05:28 AM
If I can, I will be there every single day she plays!:hearts::hearts:

I work Saturday, maybe I can ask to only come in at night if she ends up playing.:D

if she does, we want x339239420349820394203420399023590237502357029735 photos... :lol:

doktor
Aug 5th, 2010, 05:30 AM

omg imagine Dokic vs. Henin, Dokic vs. Serena :hearts:

tennis_mag
Aug 5th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Any aussies here, hear about how ABC is no longer coveraging the event? Its all going to ONE HD and Channel ten (The channel ten part still confuses me).
Wonder if this has somehow convinced better players to come (ie the offer of more money).

DokDi
Aug 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Just to confirm, Dokic entered USO Q as the top seed.

Mashabator
Aug 5th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Lets hope she doesnt need to go into Q :D

Mastodon
Aug 5th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Jelena entered Guangzhou she's main draw.

JamieOwen3
Aug 5th, 2010, 04:39 PM
lets go jelena :banana: i wanna see that passion that was there from 2009 AO again ive been watching so many older jelena matches lately nearly crying she was so good!!!!! lets get it started again :yeah:
and btw guys im currently working on highlights of the match against davenport 2001 Aus Open.

DokDi
Aug 5th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Great news.

It seems she will aim for the International tournaments in Asia after the USO, which is good as they are a bit weaker. :)

DokDi
Aug 5th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Didn't enter 100k+H Bronx, which is held the week before the USO. (same week as Q)

I guess it's because she has to play USO Q (as of now) or maybe she just doesn't want to play the week before a GS.

Note: Sophie Ferguson entered the tournament. (Priority 1)
Hopefully she didn't get a happy call from TA already...:unsure:

Gjtennis
Aug 5th, 2010, 08:15 PM
lets go jelena :banana: i wanna see that passion that was there from 2009 AO again ive been watching so many older jelena matches lately nearly crying she was so good!!!!! lets get it started again :yeah:
and btw guys im currently working on highlights of the match against davenport 2001 Aus Open.

what program do u use to copy vids frm dvds? i have a crap load of rare Jelena matches that i'd like to share with u guys just idk how to do it!

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 5th, 2010, 08:24 PM
what program do u use to copy vids frm dvds? i have a crap load of rare Jelena matches that i'd like to share with u guys just idk how to do it!Try either of these (you need a torrent program to download these)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5136590/Xilisoft_DVD_Ripper_Ultimate_v5.0.51.1023_Incl_ser ial

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5474816/Xilisoft_DVD_Ripper_Ultimate_v5.0.64.0304__Keygen

Follow the instructions that are posted in order to activate the program, and there you go. I can help you more if you can't figure it out, but it's pretty easy. I'd love for you to share your stuff. :)

JamieOwen3
Aug 5th, 2010, 08:27 PM
what program do u use to copy vids frm dvds? i have a crap load of rare Jelena matches that i'd like to share with u guys just idk how to do it!

well the ones i use to rip and convert is i first rip the dvd with fly dvd copier instead of copying the dvd i save it to my desktop then i used any video converter to convert them to avi. i don't own the dokic vs davenport match though i have to :bowdown: to WhatTheDeuce for that and the capriati match from RG. i did post the match against kleybanova here from the 2009 AO a while ago though :lol: if u want the download links for the fly dvd copier and any video converter let me know ill send them to you.

Gjtennis
Aug 5th, 2010, 09:53 PM
well the ones i use to rip and convert is i first rip the dvd with fly dvd copier instead of copying the dvd i save it to my desktop then i used any video converter to convert them to avi. i don't own the dokic vs davenport match though i have to :bowdown: to WhatTheDeuce for that and the capriati match from RG. i did post the match against kleybanova here from the 2009 AO a while ago though :lol: if u want the download links for the fly dvd copier and any video converter let me know ill send them to you.

please send it to me =)

JamieOwen3
Aug 6th, 2010, 12:40 AM
please send it to me =)

im sooo sorry earlier my sister called me asked me 2 babysit 4 a few hours here are the links

to rip and save on desktop or videos or wherever you want :lol: it's a trial but if you save the video on your computer your trials don't get used a trick i love :lol:
http://download.cnet.com/Fly-DVD-Copier/3000-7970_4-10401978.html

this is for converting to avi or mp4 whatever you want this is the one i use and it's good especially for free :yeah:
http://download.cnet.com/Any-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-10661456.html

Ballbasher
Aug 6th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Great news.

It seems she will aim for the International tournaments in Asia after the USO, which is good as they are a bit weaker. :)
That would be great. She will be used to HC by then and Zheng, who is currently out of form, is the only Top60 player in Guangzhou. Would be a great chance to pick up some points with the right draw! :p

hdfb
Aug 6th, 2010, 05:01 AM
I think w/drawing from Cincy would be good as she has a great chance to win Vancouver. After that, she should travel to Montreal, rest up and then play qualies...

Just Do It
Aug 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah, it would be perfect to win Vancouver if possible then a week off then Montreal Q and then USO, MD if possible :rolleyes:

DOK-itch
Aug 7th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Yeah, it would be perfect to win Vancouver if possible then a week off then Montreal Q and then USO, MD if possible :rolleyes:

A week off it is. Jelena not in Cincinatti qualifying draw. :D

Vancouver > Montreal Q > US Open

FactsPlease
Aug 7th, 2010, 12:53 AM
A week off it is. Jelena not in Cincinatti qualifying draw. :D

Vancouver > Montreal Q > US Open

Relating to the discussion last night about whether Jelena should have played in Cincinnati QD if she lost before the QF in Vancouver: note that Sania Mirza, who lost in the 2R in Vancouver, is in the Cincinnati QD.

So she obviously made the decision to fly there after losing in Vancouver.

Havok
Aug 7th, 2010, 04:14 AM
If Dokic gets a MDWC for the US Open she should definitely look into entering Pilot Penn as not many highly ranked players enter events the week prior a Grand Slam. Plus it will give her more hardcourt match practice under her belt.:D

Very wise to pull out of Cincy to give her body a much needed rest. She can fly to Montreal after spending a few days in Vancouver once she's finished with the event as it's a beautiful city, then head straigh to Montreal and familiarize herself with the courts/surroundings.

DOK-itch
Aug 7th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Dokic has entered WTA Guangzhou, the week following the US Open :cheer:

list out

Zheng only one from top 60
Groth is 2nd on list #67

13 from top 100

last in list is Sania #138 :angel:

KFC & Latisha also in
only other CHN player in MD is S Zhang

Dokic, Tammy, Akgul in MD
Pervak :) :yeah:

claypova
Aug 7th, 2010, 06:37 AM
1 top 60 player?! :spit::haha:

hopefully Jelena can take advantage of this weak draw!

DOK-itch
Aug 7th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Being that the #2 seed will be ranked 67, Jelena (if she wins Vancouver) at ~#82 would almost definately be seeded in the MD. :eek:

Gjtennis
Aug 7th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Dokic has entered WTA Guangzhou, the week following the US Open :cheer:

Is this tourny in the USA.?

Babolatpro880
Aug 7th, 2010, 06:59 AM

No, it's in China.

DOK-itch
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:04 AM

:hysteric:

iGOAT
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Jelly should play Bronx 100K if she gets the US Open wildcard. It has a tough draw and she probably wouldn't win, but it's a pretty big challenger and she is definitely doing well in those so it would be good match practive.

claypova
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:13 AM

:smash:

Daniel K
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:36 AM

:haha:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM
^ I wanna stalk her on the practice courts, I'm gonna flip if I can chat with/meet her :inlove:

hdfb
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Jelly should play Bronx 100K if she gets the US Open wildcard. It has a tough draw and she probably wouldn't win, but it's a pretty big challenger and she is definitely doing well in those so it would be good match practive.

She's better off playing New Haven, Bronx has a pretty tough field as usual, cut off is around mid 80s or something, and a few players in the top 50 are there too.

RogGOAT
Aug 7th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Jelena will play Montreal Qual?:)

Dokic-Fan
Aug 7th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Jelena will play Montreal Qual?:)

Yes, it seems that she's on the qualifying list for Montreal... ;)

Slutiana
Aug 7th, 2010, 11:26 AM
:bigcry::bigcry:

DEATH.

Mastodon
Aug 7th, 2010, 11:29 AM

You have got to be joking, Surely your're joking.

Alizé Molik
Aug 7th, 2010, 11:42 AM
wow everyweeklena is rly back atm! She could clean up that draw.

cn ireland
Aug 7th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hope Jelena plays Guangzhou after the USO!!!

$uricate
Aug 7th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I don't mind what she does, either would be fine.

Also, I emailed the poll I posted in GM to Tennis Australia, so they can see how wrong they'll be if they give that WC to Sophie. :)

I didn't vote for Jelena in that poll :tape:

I want her to play qualies :devil:

No, its on the moon.

And its just had the new broken glass court technology installed :drool:

Gjtennis
Aug 7th, 2010, 04:06 PM
You have got to be joking, Surely your're joking.

I honestly didnt know where Guangzhou was? jeez. calm down! So guess all you know where all the tournys in the world are then huh? sorry for asking! I wasnt talking bout the U.S open!

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 7th, 2010, 08:54 PM
http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/851390.gif

Slutati
Aug 7th, 2010, 09:48 PM
:lol: I think I love you.

MaryT
Aug 8th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Think positive!:D

Just Do It
Aug 8th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Jelena Dokic will be back ! In 2, 3 or 4 years, I dont know but she will be back !!!

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/49642/2002432034499013575_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002432034499013575)

I posted this when no one believed in her :worship:

Mashabator
Aug 8th, 2010, 03:38 AM
I posted this when no one believed in her :worship:

:worship::bowdown: and look now :D

iGOAT
Aug 8th, 2010, 05:08 AM
She's better off playing New Haven, Bronx has a pretty tough field as usual, cut off is around mid 80s or something, and a few players in the top 50 are there too.
Cut-off is 101 :p IDK I just think in New Haven she'd be playing qualies against people at least this good (Ágnes is EIGHT out of the main draw there) and Jelly has had more success in challengers lately. In Bronx, at least the quarters would be reachable whereas in New Haven qualifying would be an achievement :shrug: it doesn't really matter what she plays though to me, I just hope she plays that week.

Lacrish
Aug 8th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Guangzhou Entry list
1 ZHENG, JIE CHN 23
2 GROTH, JARMILA AUS 67
3 CHAN, YUNG-JAN TPE 75
4 CHANG, KAI-CHEN TPE 84
5 PERVAK, KSENIA RUS 86
6 BRIANTI, ALBERTA ITA 87
7 MORITA, AYUMI JPN 89
8 SCHEEPERS, CHANELLE RSA 90
9 KUDRYAVTSEVA, ALLA RUS 93
10 HALEP, SIMONA ROU 95
11 DOKIC, JELENA AUS 96
12 JOVANOVSKI, BOJANA SRB 98
13 GALLOVITS, EDINA 99
14 NARA, KURUMI JPN 101
15 PARMENTIER, PAULINE B 103
16 VOEGELE, STEFANIE SUI 105
17 TANASUGARN, TAMARINE THA 108
18 FERGUSON, SOPHIE AUS 110
19 AMANMURADOVA, AKGUL UZB 112
20 ZHANG, SHUAI CHN 113
21 DUQUE MARINO, MARIANA 116
22 O'BRIEN, KATIE GBR 128
23 CAMERIN, MARIA ELENA 132
24 MIRZA, SANIA IND 138

really a weak field,believe Jelena can get a better seed absoultely to achieve good results after USO so long as she can keep the form,ajde! :bounce:

cn ireland
Aug 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I hope she focuses on the WTA tournaments in Asia after the USO cos she could really climb the rankings quickly be getting some wins there.

$uricate
Aug 8th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Looking at that entry list Jelena should easily be seeded in Guangzhou :)

Not that I think it really matters, she could be unseeded and win the whole thing or be seed 1, not show up and lose round one.

claypova
Aug 8th, 2010, 02:32 PM
that Guangzhou entry list is a joke:haha:

Jelena will be seeded. :cheer:

Dokic-Fan
Aug 8th, 2010, 03:47 PM
She will be seeded 4th or 5th with her new ranking which she has tomorrow. But a good run at Flushing Meadows would be good to sustain that position...

tennis_mag
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I didn't vote for Jelena in that poll :tape:

I want her to play qualies :devil:

Yeah, I hate to say it but I agree. At the start of this week I was pro- Dokic US Open wild card, but I have to say I would much prefer her to play quallies unless, she gets the WC and then plays in New Haven, then Ill be happy with that.

Ballbasher
Aug 9th, 2010, 10:00 AM
She will be seeded 4th or 5th with her new ranking which she has tomorrow. But a good run at Flushing Meadows would be good to sustain that position...
Since Guangzhou is right after NY, these results do not have an impact on the seeding in Guangzhou! ;)

Dokic-Fan
Aug 9th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Since Guangzhou is right after NY, these results do not have an impact on the seeding in Guangzhou! ;)

Ah, OK, so her chances of being seeded in Guangzhou are even higher.

cn ireland
Aug 9th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I hate to say it but I agree. At the start of this week I was pro- Dokic US Open wild card, but I have to say I would much prefer her to play quallies unless, she gets the WC and then plays in New Haven, then Ill be happy with that.

I don't care if its a WC or through qualies but JD better be in the USO MD this year;)!

$uricate
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:29 PM

Her result in Montreal will though :p

So Disrespectful
Aug 10th, 2010, 02:56 AM

The way I see it is, she's unpredictable/inconsistent enough to lose in Q1 or Q2, but she's good enough to win a match or two (or more) in the MD. Losing in the first round wouldn't be too much of a setback depending on her opponent, but losing in qualifying would really be a huge shot to Jelena's confidence.

Mashabator
Aug 10th, 2010, 05:12 AM
^ yeah, and she always plays better against better opponents :)

Dokic-Fan
Aug 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM
So, her current schedule is Montreal Q > US Open Q (chance of main draw WC) > Guangzhou. Do we already know what comes next for Jelena?

Mashabator
Aug 10th, 2010, 09:31 AM
So excited for Montreal :hearts: Lets just hope she doesn't get ana :o

DokDi
Aug 10th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I kinda doubt she's playing Montreal...:sobbing:
Hope I'm wrong.

Mashabator
Aug 10th, 2010, 09:54 AM
:rolleyes: stop the pessimism, positivity :banana:

Mastodon
Aug 10th, 2010, 03:46 PM
As expected Jelena has withdrawn from the Montreal Q list.

Andreas
Aug 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM
As expected Jelena has withdrawn from the Montreal Q list.

Let's hope WhatTheDeuce survives :scared:

DokicToServe
Aug 10th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hmmm. Hope she doesn't get out of form by this decision...

auntie janie
Aug 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM
In the Vancouver article someone posted, it was clearly stated that Jelena would be using the next 2 weeks to practice hard for the US Open, so this withdrawal shouldn't surprise anyone. :shrug:

hdfb
Aug 10th, 2010, 06:43 PM
:o I still don't get it really. Even if she plays Montreal, qualifies, she would finish up in Montreal by Thursday at the very latest assuming she gets to 3rd round, giving her 10 days to prepare for USO.

Bad decision in my opinion :o As long as she qualifies.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM
*heart rips in half*

cn ireland
Aug 10th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I'm not surprised she withdrew from Montreal!

Mastodon
Aug 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM
:o I still don't get it really. Even if she plays Montreal, qualifies, she would finish up in Montreal by Thursday at the very latest assuming she gets to 3rd round, giving her 10 days to prepare for USO.

Not if she doesn't get the WC. It wouldn't be wise to schedule to allow for something that isn't guaranteed. In Jelena's mind at the moment is qualifying for the US Open and giving herself the best chance to do so and she has decided to train for the next two weeks instead of playing a tournament.

Mastodon
Aug 10th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Out of interest just had a look to see when the aussie WC was announced last year. It was announced on the 18th.

DokDi
Aug 10th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Yes everybody don't forget Jelena's main focus is on U.S Open Qualifying, and that's where she most likely will play.

Sorry for WTD though. :(

Fretchap
Aug 10th, 2010, 08:35 PM
No Montreal for Jelly :bigcry:

Ana better lose in R2 in Cinci and come to Mtl qualies :(

JamieOwen3
Aug 10th, 2010, 09:28 PM
isn't jelena's ranking high enough for a automatic entry in the us open draw?

FactsPlease
Aug 10th, 2010, 09:41 PM

I agree - I don't get this either. In addition to these reasons, why let the momentum she built up go stagnant over the next two weeks?

Also, she's been playing ITF-level competition this last month. Playing WTA opponents, even in qualifying, is a step up - both in terms of quality and competitive intensity. Does she really want her first experience with that to be at the USO, with so much on the line? Plus, she's giving up desperately-needed points by not playing now.

Ultimately, she knows her body/needs better than we do, so it makes sense to defer to her decisions, but it's still pretty hard to understand the logic of it.

claypova
Aug 11th, 2010, 12:14 AM
:sobbing:

i really thought that Montreal would've helped her. :hysteric:

Havok
Aug 11th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Jelena please still be playing in 2012 and play Montreal. I need to see my ultimate fave play live at least once in my life!!!

dok-stos
Aug 11th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I'm happy for our queen to have a break.
She has a better coach now who will look after her.
And it might be wise to have a little break...
We don't want that elbow to cause her any grief.
Must have been a bitch of an injury to keep her out for so long :(

tennis_mag
Aug 11th, 2010, 01:23 AM

Totally agree with you. I remember reading it somewhere in an article, but I just assumed they weren't aware she was playing quallies. This is BAD! Jelena really should practice before the US Open, by playing quallies.

tennis_mag
Aug 11th, 2010, 01:24 AM
isn't jelena's ranking high enough for a automatic entry in the us open draw?

Am I the ONLY one sick of answering this Bloody question?!?!?!

Cut off was weeks ago, she is not automatically in, needs to rely on wild card or qualify

auntie janie
Aug 11th, 2010, 02:02 AM
I'm happy for our queen to have a break.
She has a better coach now who will look after her.

Exactly. :yeah: Jelena's not with Borna any more; she's finally with somebody who knows what he's doing. As much as I'd love for her to play next week, I'm not going to second-guess the decision he and Jelena made about how to spend this time. Think how inspired she's going to be during the next couple weeks of practice, after 3 tournament wins in a row! She's going to be the fittest she's ever been by the time USO qualies roll around, and her confidence is going to soar. Can't wait. :hearts:

Mashabator
Aug 11th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Oh no I was excited for her to play montreal :tears:

Huntress55
Aug 11th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Damn, was really hoping she would play Montreal :(

Oh well. Get some rest Jelena :)

Mashabator
Aug 11th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Am I the ONLY one sick of answering this Bloody question?!?!?!

Cut off was weeks ago, she is not automatically in, needs to rely on wild card or qualify
That was a bit rude, Jamie was simply asking a question.

iGOAT
Aug 11th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Why would Jelly withdraw from Montreal qualifying :weirdo: I really hope that means she wants to play an extra challenger (if not US Open qualies) in Bronx.

Dokic-Fan
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Why would Jelly withdraw from Montreal qualifying :weirdo: I really hope that means she wants to play an extra challenger (if not US Open qualies) in Bronx.

I thought so, too, but she's not on the Bronx entry list... :sad: :shrug:

DokDi
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Didn't enter any WTA tournaments week of 20th September. Strange. :confused:

Mastodon
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Its not strange. She just decided not to play that week for whatever reason.

DokDi
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:33 PM
^ For me that decision is very strange given she has a lot of points to defend during that period.

Mastodon
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:37 PM
She won't when she wins the tournament in Guangzhou!

DokDi
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:40 PM
:yeah: I hope you are right.

Mashabator
Aug 13th, 2010, 10:01 AM
When do they announce the MDWC anyway :o

xcrtbckhnd
Aug 15th, 2010, 04:09 PM
When do they announce the MDWC anyway :o

This is what I would like to know also!!!!

DokDi
Aug 15th, 2010, 04:23 PM
^ Last year they announced it on the 18th.

So Disrespectful
Aug 16th, 2010, 05:15 AM
It would be a shame if they gave the WC to Sophie on Wednesday and she lost 1R Bronx as well. She is towards the very bottom of the entry list and could draw someone like Chakvetadze, Benesova, Zakapolova or Baltacha.

Mashabator
Aug 16th, 2010, 09:28 AM
is it drawn wednesday :eek:

Mashabator
Aug 16th, 2010, 09:36 AM
oops not drawn i mean announced :p

tennis_mag
Aug 16th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Ok just found out that she is NOT entered into New Haven

tennis_mag
Aug 16th, 2010, 10:23 AM
NOTHING FOR TWO WEEKS THEN...
29/8-12/9 (US Open)
13/9-20/0 (Guangzhou)AND THEN WHAT?
21/9-28/9 (?????????)
28/9-10/10(?????????)

Mashabator
Aug 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Jelly didnt enter an event in week of 20 sept, and thats the week of the commonwealth games :eek:

Slutati
Aug 16th, 2010, 10:50 AM
So what's up, did she get that WC? :lol:

Mashabator
Aug 16th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Not announced yet, as ChrisDi said it was announced last yr on the 18th, so we should find out soon :)

Mashabator
Aug 16th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Jelly didnt enter an event in week of 20 sept, and thats the week of the commonwealth games :eek:

Scrap that, Sambo just said tennis is from 4-10 Oct :o

tennis_mag
Aug 16th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Scrap that, Sambo just said tennis is from 4-10 Oct :o

sorry what does that mean?

Mashabator
Aug 16th, 2010, 11:27 AM
^ in comm games tennis is played 4-10 october

$uricate
Aug 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I have a feeling Jelena won't get the wildcard, and I dont think Sophie will either...

Im confident of Jelena getting through qualies though, and she needs the points.

dok-stos
Aug 16th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Just give the bloody thing to Jelena already!
Sheesh. How hard is it?
Maybe they are waiting to find out who is the least shit out of the shit Australian men so they can announce the two together???
18th is two days too far away.

Alizé Molik
Aug 16th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I have a feeling Jelena won't get the wildcard, and I dont think Sophie will either...

Im confident of Jelena getting through qualies though, and she needs the points.

then it becomes a question of giving the WC to someone who you know will lose, but who could benefit from the experience, and giving the WC to someone who has a chance of playing top 100 standard tennis.

hdfb
Aug 16th, 2010, 02:23 PM
FUCK Sophie gets WC into USO. SHITTTTT omfgggggggggggggg

Slutati
Aug 16th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Expected. TA sucks. :lol:

claypova
Aug 16th, 2010, 02:46 PM
FUCK Sophie gets WC into USO. SHITTTTT omfgggggggggggggg

OMFG TA:smash:

dok-stos
Aug 16th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Will wait for official confirmation ;)

DefyingGravity
Aug 16th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Right, that phone call I don't doubt it's validity, but 2 days to sit and stew on something really could make Tennis Australia change its mind.

DokDi
Aug 16th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I will try to contact them tomorrow.

Just Do It
Aug 16th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I am still waiting for the official announcement.

$uricate
Aug 16th, 2010, 06:12 PM
then it becomes a question of giving the WC to someone who you know will lose, but who could benefit from the experience, and giving the WC to someone who has a chance of playing top 100 standard tennis.

That what happened last year wasn't it?

Are there any Australian juniors who fit into that category?

I think Jelena needs qualifying, and wont get the WC anyway and its not like Sophie has set the world on fire this year, and she's 24 now. I dont think either should get it.

cn ireland
Aug 16th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Whatever TA:fiery:!!

Jelena probably turned it down knowing what she's like:lol:

DokDi
Aug 16th, 2010, 10:42 PM
TA will announce the wildcards at the end of the week.

Freakan
Aug 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I don't believe it at all :lol:

dok-stos
Aug 17th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Oh fellow Dokic fans
Won't you get banned for posting fake shit on GM?
I hope for ur sake it is true.
But TA will release the wildcard announcement in a press release/their website.
Not to some 12 year old tennis geeks.

FactsPlease
Aug 17th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Hey look - someone just woke up Sports Illustrated's Jon Wertheim from a 10-day nap, who just posted this on Twitter (http://twitter.com/jon_wertheim/status/21360840478):

alert reader mike notes that jelena dokic has won three straight itf events....

Really? You don't say! Way to keep up with important developments in the sport you cover, douchebag.

So Disrespectful
Aug 17th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Oh fellow Dokic fans
Won't you get banned for posting fake shit on GM?
I hope for ur sake it is true.
But TA will release the wildcard announcement in a press release/their website.
Not to some 12 year old tennis geeks.

You'd be hard pressed to find one 12 year old here. And tennis geeks? Well you can sell us (yourself included) short if you'd like, but I personally prefer tennis 'fans', as most of us here have other interests and great social lives.

Speaking of bans, which account are you onto now by the way? It must be hard being so desperate to discuss tennis in an obnoxious manner that you need to constantly create fake accounts. Maybe even a bit geeky? ;)

Mashabator
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Dok-stos isnt sambo (golovinjured)
If it was theyd be banned by now, that account has been here for 3 weeks!

So Disrespectful
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:05 AM

Yeah I know that, Sambo isn't a retard. ;)

Also, everyone get onto this (http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/PhotosGallery.aspx?id=4&pageId=11500&HandlerId=2&archive=false&assetid=1&real_assetid=RDM40407.7032633681&gallery=0) if you'd like.

Comments such as, "I hope Sophie's photo isn't there because she got Jelena's WC" would be appreciated. :) It looks ominous. :scared:

Mashabator
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:10 AM
I will surely make a comment :)

DokDi
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:34 AM
It's quite obvious. They upload a photo of two of the main WC contenders.
Sophie got it. :(

DokDi
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM
You think TA will post your comments? :lol:
No way.

Mashabator
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:44 AM
They havent posted mine, i said 'this better not be the WC choices cos jelena deserves it more'

DokDi
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:46 AM
^ They won't post anything that's a bit negative on them.
Idiots.

So Disrespectful
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:49 AM
They didn't post mine about their rankings and W/L over the last 2 months either. :sad:

Mashabator
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:53 AM
:tears: Its cos they now realise they made a shitty decision :p

dok-stos
Aug 17th, 2010, 11:59 AM

I have no idea who that is...
But it aint me :)
Meh.
Apols if the phone call was legit.
But last week people were claiming emails were real, and yesterday Dokic's Domain was a ghost town, no one here was posting about it or cracking it that Jelena didn't get it. Just assumed that someone had put this ruse together to shit stir again.
:)
Jelena has class to get through quallies, Sophie does not (Clay is her best surface, sucks on anything else pretty much)
I believe in Jelena!

Just Do It
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:02 PM
The whole thing with the WC is getting out of control.