PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's schedule?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Cankarlo
Oct 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I f jelena had recieved a WC her 1st round opponent would be Petrova or Olga G

Wow We definetely would see her up against Petrova on Eurosport. Such a shame. I couldn't understand why they changed the WC options day,which they decided one day later, if they weren't going to give one to Jelena. The question in their head couldn't be, Should we give it to Buchina or Dokic?This is pathetic to think.:tape:

Freakan
Oct 17th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Wow We definetely would see her up against Petrova on Eurosport. Such a shame. I couldn't understand why they changed the WC options day,which they decided one day later, if they weren't going to give one to Jelena. The question in their head couldn't be, Should we give it to Buchina or Dokic?This is pathetic to think.:tape:

It was all about Chakvetadze, not Jelena...

So Disrespectful
Oct 18th, 2009, 02:17 AM

It was most likely about how much money Buchina's father was willing to fork out.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 18th, 2009, 02:40 AM
So what's her schedule now exactly? When is her next event after JLT?

Babolatpro880
Oct 18th, 2009, 02:44 AM
So what's her schedule now exactly? When is her next event after JLT?

Poitiers, since she withdrew from Saint Raphael. Then Nantes. I was gonna check to see if the entry lists for the week after are out yet, but itftennis is being wicked slow.

Привет
Oct 18th, 2009, 03:50 AM
As long as she's gonna keep making finals, I'm happy to see her stay on the ITF circuit for the rest of this year. :inlove:

martinafan
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:20 AM
So, after her final match today, her schedule is:
Oct 19th - Week Off
Oct 26th - 100K Poitiers
Nov 2nd - 50K+H Nantes

Let's hope the week off refreshes her and she can play these 2 tournaments like the last couple of weeks!
I'm beginning to think playing ITF this month or so has been a good option for Jelena!

Golovinjured.
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:26 AM
That's correct, don't know if she'll commit to any events after that. I doubt it. There's a few $50K's in Minsk (memories..) and Bratislava but I don't think she'll go to either of them.
Season end for Jelena it seems. :awww:

If Jelena can win tonight, and win Poitiers, she'll be TOP 100 without her AO points. :speakles: :jinx: :relief:

doktor
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:30 AM
we should attack that Bali tournament and try to get jela a wildcard, at least it would give us somethin to do...

doktor
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:31 AM
we should attack that Bali tournament and try to get jela a wildcard, at least it would give us somethin to do...

doktor
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:31 AM

doktor
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:32 AM

Привет
Oct 18th, 2009, 07:36 AM

Posting the same thing 4 times can help with that too. :worship:

powerbackhand
Oct 18th, 2009, 08:42 AM

God, ur persistant

DokDi
Oct 18th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Great idea, but Bali doesn't have an email-address!:sobbing:

doktor
Oct 18th, 2009, 10:27 AM
hahaha sorry guys i didn't mean that the browser sorta froze up n i kept tryin to post it... damn, i rekon they might have thought about it, big name n all...

DokDi
Oct 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM
There is a number though....:unsure:
But could they give a WC to anybody? Even to player who hasn't won a international event?

doktor
Oct 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM
There is a number though....:unsure:
But could they give a WC to anybody? Even to player who hasn't won a international event?

i guess so, it just says two wildcards... i think most players will be having time off and not want to travel back to asia, for jelena its only a few hours from melbourne (where i guess she will base herself for off season training) so it wouldn't be too much effort...

DokDi
Oct 18th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah this would be a perfect end for her season before travelling back to Australia (and there's so many rankings points to earn). Though I don't want to get my hopes up for a WC, and then be disappointed again!:sobbing:

Привет
Oct 18th, 2009, 11:10 AM
hahaha sorry guys i didn't mean that the browser sorta froze up n i kept tryin to post it...

:lol: I figured but couldn't resist being a tease. :angel:

doktor
Oct 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM
i twittered them a message (not sure if it worked... i only signed up so i could ask them) but someone had alredy asked... anyway @roadtobali_2009 if anyone wants to...

powerbackhand
Oct 18th, 2009, 11:45 AM
i guess so, it just says two wildcards... i think most players will be having time off and not want to travel back to asia, for jelena its only a few hours from melbourne (where i guess she will base herself for off season training) so it wouldn't be too much effort...

i dont think jelena will go to melbourne until december. she seems to like spending time in croatia

Mashabator
Oct 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Buchina, is playing now against petrova shes not very good :help:
Should be Jelena :sobbing:

Mashabator
Oct 19th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Im not getting my hopes up again for another WC :o

Graf~Dokic
Oct 19th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Buchina, is playing now against petrova shes not very good :help:
Should be Jelena :sobbing:

Yes, we could have watched her on TV now... :sobbing: :sobbing: And Buchina lost the 1st set 2-6. So, Jelena could have made it 5-7, 6-7 or maybe 7-6.

Tarpishev --> :rolleyes:

Mashabator
Oct 19th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Yes, we could have watched her on TV now... :sobbing: :sobbing: And Buchina lost the 1st set 2-6. So, Jelena could have made it 5-7, 6-7 or maybe 7-6.

Tarpishev --> :rolleyes:

Agreed!
:haha: Buchina lost 6-2 6-0, what a shitty WC choice :o
Oh well!
Tarpishev :help::help:

Привет
Oct 19th, 2009, 10:19 AM
It's Tarpischev. But yeah, bad decision.

Mastodon
Oct 22nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Looks like Jelena won't be ending her season just yet as she has entered $50k Minsk (09th - 15th November). There's a $50k in Bratislava the following week I expected she will enter that as well.

DokDi
Oct 22nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Interesting, but I just can't see her travelling around Europe to play in those 50k tournaments.:unsure:

Mastodon
Oct 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
She doesn't have much of a choice really if she wants to take the pressure off January. I think she will play as much as she can until her top 100 status is guaranteed.

Thank fuck for the ITF tour it may just be the saviour of her season.

Yorker
Oct 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
when is poiters?

Just Do It
Oct 22nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
when is poiters?

26th October.

hdfb
Oct 22nd, 2009, 10:57 PM
:scared: I hope Minsk is the last tournament she'll play. She should get to Australia early and train. Playing too many tournaments may tire her out and increase chance of injury!

Golovinjured.
Oct 23rd, 2009, 01:29 AM
:speakles: @ Minsk

Just Do It
Oct 23rd, 2009, 09:34 AM
It's priority 5 !! ;lol:

Golovinjured.
Oct 23rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
What are her other priority? :tears:

deepsand
Oct 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
What are her other priority? :tears:

buying tomatoes and paprika :devil::dance:

powerbackhand
Oct 23rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
go jelena woop

powerbackhand
Oct 23rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
there are a lot of quality players in brisbane e.g kim, justine, ana ivanovic

cn ireland
Oct 23rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Glad Jelena intends to play a few more tournaments:)!

Would love to see her near the top 50 by the end of the season;)!!!

Babolatpro880
Oct 23rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
I didn't think Jelena was gonna play past Nantes. Now I'm excited to see when she'll actually end her season.

Graf~Dokic
Oct 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
It's priority 5 !! ;lol:

On the ITF website it says priority 2. :confused:

Just Do It
Oct 24th, 2009, 01:08 AM
:sobbing: She is only entering ITF's now :( I hope she goes to Australia ASAP and starts training in Aus camp so she can lose weight :awww:
*drunk*

Mashabator
Oct 24th, 2009, 01:59 AM
does the draw for poiters come out in a couple of days?

Babolatpro880
Oct 24th, 2009, 03:19 AM
:sobbing: She is only entering ITF's now :( I hope she goes to Australia ASAP and starts training in Aus camp so she can lose weight :awww:
*drunk*

Well, there aren't any WTA events left this year, so that seems to be pretty reasonable of her.

cn ireland
Oct 24th, 2009, 08:19 PM
*drunk*

The best way for JD to be 100% fit is through playing loads of matches IMO so I think she's doing the right thing:yeah:!

Mashabator
Oct 25th, 2009, 08:12 AM
The best way for JD to be 100% fit is through playing loads of matches IMO so I think she's doing the right thing:yeah:!

I totally Agree!

Freakan
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Jelena has withdraw from Minsk which I think is a good thing:)

hdfb
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:27 AM
So Poitiers is her last tournament for the year?

Mashabator
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:36 AM
she withdrew!?!?! :sobbing:

Graf~Dokic
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
So Poitiers is her last tournament for the year?

No, I think she is going to play the 50k in Nantes next week, too...

Mashabator
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:04 PM
No, I think she is going to play the 50k in Nantes next week, too...

Oh Good!!! :banana:

Graf~Dokic
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Oh Good!!! :banana:

Yes, the entry list has already been updated today and Jelena is still No. 3 in MD. :)

Mashabator
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Yes, the entry list has already been updated today and Jelena is still No. 3 in MD. :)

:hearts: Play there Jelena please!! :inlove:

cn ireland
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I hope Jelena wins Poitiers & Nantes before her off season begins:)!

It'll be great to have her playing in Nov for a change;)!

$uricate
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Its great having her play any month of the year :lol:

Im glad she is making a go of this year. Hopefully her form continues into next year.

Mashabator
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I hope she can, at least go fairly far into nantes and poiters and then thats more points she will have when AO is taken off.

SM
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I hope she can, at least go fairly far into nantes and poiters and then thats more points she will have when AO is taken off.
you guys are being a little negative...im not worried about AO, she will play her best tennis there like last year I am sure. :) might lose some?? but not all!!

Golovinjured.
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I'm actually not worried at all about Jelena anymore. :apumpkin:

She has Poitiers and Nantes points to go this year, and then next year she'll have:

2 x WTA events
AO

+ 6 weeks (?) of events which she'll enter with her ranking before AO (TOP 60)

SHE'S ALL SET! :eek: :inlove:

Mashabator
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I'm actually not worried at all about Jelena anymore. :apumpkin:

She has Poitiers and Nantes points to go this year, and then next year she'll have:

2 x WTA events
AO

+ 6 weeks (?) of events which she'll enter with her ranking before AO (TOP 60)

SHE'S ALL SET! :eek: :inlove:

When you put it like that :banana: :hearts:

Graf~Dokic
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I'm not worrying about Jelena either.

I mean, 2008 her last tournament of the year was Linz at the beginning of October where she only played two matches. After that, she didn't play at all the whole November and in December only a few matches at the AO wild card play-off.

Then, 2009, she only played R1 in Brisbane and even had an injury in Hobart where she had to pull out. So, she hardly could have gotten less match practise, but nevertheless the made a phenomenal run at Melbourne. :)

So, what about now? She played/is playing/will play Athens, Joue-les-Tours, Poitiers and Nantes and then Brisbane and Hobart/Sydney. ;) That seems to be providing an even greater Aussie summer 2010.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:30 PM
AJDEEEE!!!! :hearts: Optimism <3

doktor
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:59 PM
optimism... unsual for the domain, you know how we like that glass to be half empty...

Dominic
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Too much optimism can be indeed annoying. :devil:

cn ireland
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Lets hope she keeps this packed schedule going in 2010:hearts:!

doktor
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:24 AM
so nantes is out, she says that poitiers is her last tourny...

Mastodon
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:31 AM
She is still on the list so maybe she just forgot about Nantes.

Golovinjured.
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Maybe Nantes was a backup just incase she bombed in Poitiers. :shrug:

Привет
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I am always worried about Jelena. :lol: But I am less worried right now coz after a shitty post January season, she has totally owned the ITFs in the past month or so. :inlove: Gives her a great foundation going into the new season.

And guess what Doktards?!! NO FUCKING AO WC PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :inlove: NO PARANOIA ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT SHE'LL GET A WC INTO AO!!!!!!

Thank. Fuck. :worship:

Golovinjured.
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Thank gawd, she's totes above them scrubs.

schorsch
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:49 PM
In her latest vid she said she's planning on playing Brisbane / Sydney :)

doktor
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:51 PM
i hope she plays sydney... i'll go every day shes there...

King Aaron
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Does anyone else think she should play Brisbane and Hobart instead of Sydney? There will be a lot of good competition in Brisbane, she might not go far. Playing Hobart, she can get more matches and confidence then going to Sydney.

Graf~Dokic
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Does anyone else think she should play Brisbane and Hobart instead of Sydney? There will be a lot of good competition in Brisbane, she might not go far. Playing Hobart, she can get more matches and confidence then going to Sydney.

Yes, I agree!

Freakan
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:27 PM
And I think that should be enough about Jelena getting match practice, gaining easy points, confidence and blah blah. She has to play and try to win against match better opponents if she really wants to come back to Top 20 or maybe even higher.

Freakan
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Btw Nantes entry list has been updated and Jelena's still on it. She would be the top seed as Dulgheru has withdrawn.

Golovinjured.
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I wish she'd chosen Hobart, but Sydney has TV coverage. :D

DokDi
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Don't agree. I'm with Freakan. Enough with easy opponents...
Play Sydney!:rocker:

Привет
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Brisbane and Sydney are better because of TV coverage and because Jelena should play a high level tournament when she knows that she can get a WC for it. :shrug:

Also, if she draws a high ranked opponent in Sydney, it just means better match practice before going into AO. :)

So I'm happy with Brisbane and Sydney.

doktor
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:10 AM
I cant stalk her in hobart now can I... go sydney

Mashabator
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:26 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
is she really playing sydney?
im going so ill get to see her :sobbing: this is the best day of my life!!!

hdfb
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:29 AM
I still reckon Hobart is better. This is not because I am flying down to Hobart especially for the tournament. :lol:
But it is because look at Jelena, she is playing 100k and 50k and she isnt exactly "blowing her opponents away". Sydney always has an incredibly strong field.

doktor
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:31 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
is she really playing sydney?
im going so ill get to see her :sobbing: this is the best day of my life!!!

no when we get to see her will be the best day!

Mashabator
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:33 AM
i hope she plays sydney... i'll go every day shes there...

Me too!
:banana:

Mashabator
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:34 AM
I am always worried about Jelena. :lol: But I am less worried right now coz after a shitty post January season, she has totally owned the ITFs in the past month or so. :inlove: Gives her a great foundation going into the new season.

And guess what Doktards?!! NO FUCKING AO WC PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :inlove: NO PARANOIA ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT SHE'LL GET A WC INTO AO!!!!!!

Thank. Fuck. :worship:

Me too, im soo happy we dont have to go through that hell again :banana:

Mashabator
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:35 AM
no when we get to see her will be the best day!

Yep! :hearts:

Mashabator
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:37 AM
I still reckon Hobart is better. This is not because I am flying down to Hobart especially for the tournament. :lol:
But it is because look at Jelena, she is playing 100k and 50k and she isnt exactly "blowing her opponents away". Sydney always has an incredibly strong field.
you are 100% right, and if i wasnt going to sydney id say GO TO HOBART.
but id definately rather her going to sydney because i can see her :lol:

Привет
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:38 AM

While she can play the bigger tournaments, she should IMO. :shrug: The Aussie season isn't very long as it is, so while she has those oppurtunities she should use them.

Alizé Molik
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:05 AM

but jelena is the kind of player that always plays better against a higher ranked opponent. That's one of the reasons she can cause big upsets out of nowhere, she always increases her level when the opponent is better.

she should play Sydney and such as and if she has the chance.

Havok
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:20 AM
but jelena is the kind of player that always plays better against a higher ranked opponent. That's one of the reasons she can cause big upsets out of nowhere, she always increases her level when the opponent is better.

This.

After she came back from her mono, she has been extremely smart in her scheduling so hopefully that will continue through the entire 2010 season!:D

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:00 AM

This.

auntie janie
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:05 PM
According to Andiyan on the Nantes thread, Jelena has withdrawn from that tournament. Understandably so, after her exceptionally fine week in Poitiers. :angel:
See you next year, kid! :wavey:

Mastodon
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM
I think thats a good decision shes done enough to ensure her ranking see you in two months Jelena!

DokDi
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:19 PM
Definitely good decision! Train hard and prepare for a big SHOO next year!
Can't wait...:inlove:

Golovinjured.
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:59 PM
OMG OFF SEASON :hysteric:

doktor
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:05 PM
what are we gonna do for the next two months?

hdfb
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:24 PM
:woohoo: Now go holiday for a month and then go to Australia to train! :bounce:

cn ireland
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
Roll on 2010:bounce:!!!

DokDi
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks to all amazing Jelena fans. Even if it was a tough season you always have a laugh at the Domain and Dokic fans are the best. Will miss it these two months.:tears::crying2::hysteric:

Most of all will miss Jelena's ITF tour, but hopefully a full WTA tour will be even better next year!:wavey:

GeeTee
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:54 PM
If she does play Sydney, the media will go crazy considering it's (I think) the first time she's been back to her old home-town in over 8 years. I wonder if we'll see Liliana in the player's box as she was when Jelena played here in the Sydney Olympics (which might actually have been her last tournie here).

Mum is bound to be hounded about Jelly and Damir's jail/appeal. I can see another couple of Today-Tonight exclusive interviews coming up..

PS - please play doubles with an Aussie, Jelena! I hereby nominate you as Rennae Stubbs' contracted partner for 2010.

doktor
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:57 PM
i hope she plays sydney...

Привет
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:00 PM
TODAY TONIGHT :hysteric:

Someone put a knife in them and be done with it. :rolleyes:

But yes Sydney would be amazing with Jela there. :inlove: And if Liljana was there... :sobbing:

hdfb
Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:40 AM
Why is Jelena estranged from her mother again? I never fully understand it. Is it because Jelena was disappointed at her mother for not doing anything about Damir? Because Liljana divorced Damir....

I was thinking just now how amazing it would be if Jelena randomly entered the 25k in Victoria at the end of November :inlove: I can dream.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:24 AM
I think Jelena plays better when her mom watches her. They should totally reunite in Syndey.

SM
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:58 AM
I know someone who's mum knows Liljana, she's doing fine but looking for a job any job i think...damn recession hehe i dont think there's a problem with her and jelena, its just jelena had to remove herself from her whole family and is an independent woman now!!! gooo jelena

Привет
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:29 AM
I think Jelena plays better when her mom watches her. They should totally reunite in Syndey.

... and send Today Tonight cameras. :drive:

Seriously, it'd be the first worthwhile story those people have covered. :lol:

Just Do It
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:47 AM
Off season :sobbing:

Mashabator
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
Oh no, im gunna die in this off season :sobbing:

Mashabator
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:51 AM

:sobbing: :sad:
Oh well, Jelena had a pretty good year, aside from those injuries!

Mashabator
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
what are we gonna do for the next two months?

I have no idea :sad:
Theres always the big, nasty chat thread :lol: :shrug:

Golovinjured.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
I'm actually getting sick of you all so this 2 months couldn't come sooner. :ras::wavey:

Graf~Dokic
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Although Jelena's off-season is well deserved after her good results recently, I will be so bored during the following 2 months... :(

Philip
Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
I'm so glad Jelena finished the season on a high.
I really think this is exactly what she needed!! :D :hearts:

cn ireland
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Off season :sobbing:

I know:sad:!

At least we don't have to fret over AO playoff results this yr though;)!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm actually getting sick of you all so this 2 months couldn't come sooner. :ras::wavey:
Hrmph :(

Привет
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
I will try my best despite hating each and every one of you. :lol::wavey:

doktor
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:16 PM

:shout:

powerbackhand
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:35 PM

Even me:sad::sad::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::sobbi ng::sobbing::hysteric::crying2::crying2::armed:

Golovinjured.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
..joking

:awww:

Just Do It
Nov 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Get a room :awww:
*moving to Big Nasty Chat Thread*

$uricate
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:07 PM

At least we can all bathe in Jelena's glory for a while and imagina all the great things she will do in 2010 :drool:

~Eclipsed~
Nov 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I'm glad she ended her season on a good note and that her ranking won't do a complete free fall no matter her result at the AO. :D

Graf~Dokic
Nov 23rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Are there any news on Jelena? Is she already in Australia? :confused:

cn ireland
Nov 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Are there any news on Jelena? Is she already in Australia? :confused:

I want to know this too!!!

Mashabator
Nov 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I want to know this too!!!

:sobbing:
I Want To Know Aswell!
I hope she plays at sydney and cant wait for AO :)

Graf~Dokic
Nov 24th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Didn't she say that she would spend two weeks in Croatia right after Poitiers and then head to Australia? The two weeks are already over so she should be in Melbourne now... :shrug:

Mastodon
Nov 24th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Not exactly. She said she would have some time off maybe two weeks then probably train in Paris before going down under early so my guess would be that she is in France at the moment. I would imagine she will go to Australia in early december.

Golovinjured.
Nov 24th, 2009, 07:14 PM
What was the name of that academy in Paris she was enrolled in? Maybe there's something on their website.

frenchie
Nov 24th, 2009, 07:40 PM
What was the name of that academy in Paris she was enrolled in? Maybe there's something on their website.

Moratoglou?

God I hope not! this guy is such a bastard:o

Golovinjured.
Nov 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM
:confused:

..but I don't think so.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 24th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Moratoglou?

God I hope not! this guy is such a bastard:o
That's Rezai, not Dokic.

I think Jelena was at the ISP Tennis Academy in Nice, France.

cn ireland
Nov 25th, 2009, 08:45 PM
So is Brisbane Jelena's 1st scheduled tournament for 2010?

Mashabator
Nov 26th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Looks like it :D

Havok
Nov 26th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Ugh the new season cannot get here any faster! Mind you this break is doing wonders to my school work because I can actually focus on my assignments/projects/exams/etc :haha::lol::scared:.

Mastodon
Nov 26th, 2009, 10:25 AM
She's playing Hobart http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11/26/2754628.htm?site=hobart

Golovinjured.
Nov 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
:woohoo:

I know some of you wanted her to play Sydney, but I think she could do better in Hobart.

doktor
Nov 26th, 2009, 11:52 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

thats ruined my whole summer of tennis right there...

i might have to fly up for brisbane...

Uranium
Nov 26th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Title #6, here we come:dance:

Slutati
Nov 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM
GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO Jelena. :bounce:

Mastodon
Nov 26th, 2009, 06:31 PM
It seems that there's a more than even chance that she will be seeded for Hobart because there are currently no top thirty players entered. Needless so say that would be awesome!!

hdfb
Nov 26th, 2009, 07:06 PM
:bigcry: AJDE OMG I only have tickets from QF-F for Hobart. I feel SO tempted to change my flights to go the entire week!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 26th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Excitement ensues :banana: I don't really care where she plays in AUS to be honest. Just play :hearts:

Mashabator
Nov 27th, 2009, 01:53 AM
FML! im so devastated right now :sobbing: :bigcry:
She shouldve played sydney :(:(
But ill be happy if she wins hobart.
There isnt any streams for there tho is there? :(

Mashabator
Nov 27th, 2009, 01:55 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

thats ruined my whole summer of tennis right there...

i might have to fly up for brisbane...

:sobbing:
Sydney wont be the same!

Привет
Nov 27th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Sydneyans. :hug:

But I'm sure you won't be so upset once Jela wins Hobart. :D

Harvs
Nov 27th, 2009, 03:55 AM
woooo:)

Just Do It
Nov 27th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Nathan :(
Go to Brisbane :p

hdfb
Nov 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
:bigcry: AJDE OMG I only have tickets from QF-F for Hobart. I feel SO tempted to change my flights to go the entire week!

Going there for the entire week. Changed my flights. :woohoo:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 27th, 2009, 06:44 PM
So jealous :bigcry:

cn ireland
Nov 27th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Hope she can get some good results in Brisbane & Hobart;)!

I'm excited about the 2010 season already:bounce:

Mashabator
Nov 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Nathan :(
Go to Brisbane :p

I cant im already going to sydney and i dont have any money left haha

Mashabator
Nov 28th, 2009, 12:11 PM

Sooo! lucky :sobbing:
Have fun and take lotsa pics!!

cosmic
Nov 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Hey guys, I haven't been here for sometime... What's going on with Jelena? Has she already gotten to Australia? Hope she'll have a great Aussie summer! ;)

cn ireland
Nov 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Hey guys, I haven't been here for sometime... What's going on with Jelena? Has she already gotten to Australia? Hope she'll have a great Aussie summer! ;)

We don't know if she's in Australia yet but she is due to play Brisbane & Hobart before the Ao:)!!

cosmic
Nov 28th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I've figured that out. :) Thx anyway! ;)

powerbackhand
Nov 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM
go jelena don't be burned out for the aussie open tahts the won your going to win

Lacrish
Nov 29th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Choosing Hobart will be a good chance for Jelena to win it. :)
Hopefully she can take the road to AO with a title,Come on! :bounce:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 29th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Doubles at AO w/ Kim plz

cosmic
Nov 29th, 2009, 11:01 AM
That would be great, but I highly doubt Kim would like to play doubles.

cn ireland
Nov 29th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I don't really see Jelena playing doubles either.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Kleybanova then :ras:

Just play, ffs.

Golovinjured.
Nov 30th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Play with Sofia :inlove: or mixed with Borna :hearts:

Mastodon
Dec 22nd, 2009, 02:09 AM
Just spotted that Jelena has entered Pattaya City. I'm slighty surprised because its right after the Fed Cup tie with Spain, I guess it looks like shes learnt from last years mistakes and is committed to playing regularly.

hdfb
Dec 22nd, 2009, 03:21 AM
That's great news. Pattaya isn't too far she can really pick up some nice points after the likely ranking drop post AO. And then from Pattaya she can take go to the US where she can take a bit of a break and train before taking on Memphis/Indian Wells/Miami. :bounce:

Mashabator
Dec 22nd, 2009, 05:19 AM
That is really good news!!!!
I hope she plays doubles with anyone as long as she plays!

Golovinjured.
Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:01 AM

Also, I was wondering about the Commonwealth Games after seeing that thread in GM. I read that only 3 players are selected for singles per country, and right now Jelena would obviously be selected. But I'm wondering when the entry list is made, because if it's close after AO she could get behind Rodionova and Groth, who are now both officially Australian, and ranked around 100(?).

I hope she plays and medals. :inlove: Would be so good after just missing out in Sydney 2000, even if it is just the Commonwealth Games. :rolls:

Mashabator
Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
:eek:
I totally forgot about the commonwealth games :O

Just Do It
Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
Commonwealth games ? WTF ? No.

Golovinjured.
Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:23 AM
:bigcry:

She could win a medal though.

Patience Onebamhoin might be playing for Nigeria! :eek:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
Fail.

DokDi
Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
I really wouldn't mind if Jelens is NOT selected. The Olympics 2012 is what counts....these useless Commmon..whatever Games? No, I don't think so.
Fed Cup matches in the middle of the season are more than enough!:p

So Disrespectful
Dec 22nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
She better play a full schedule this year!

hdfb
Dec 22nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
I don't want Jelena to play Commonwealth games! But I understand it would look terrible to the Australian media if she turns her back on this one. :o

Daniel K
Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah I hope she doesn't play. Pointless. She could probably win gold in like 5 other sports the level of competition is that bad :o

Golovinjured.
Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
The Commonwealth Games is a pretty big deal in Australia, just so you overseas people know. I thought it'd be nice. :awww:

Привет
Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
It could be really awesome if she medalled in the first ever Commonwealth Games tennis competition though, don't you guys think? :shrug: It is the first ever Comm Games tennis competition, right? :unsure:

Anyway, if she qualifies, it'd be a bit of a slap in the face for her to turn down representing Australia. As long as it isn't drastically fucking up her schedule, I'd be happy to see her play it. :)

Golovinjured.
Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
It's on the same week as China Open, but who gives a fuck. :weirdo:

doktor
Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
great news on Pattaya City...

on the Commonwealth Games... If selected she pretty much has to play, short of being unable to walk... the Australian media would absolutely crucify her if she simply chose not to play... like Golovinjured said the Commonwealth Games are a fairly huge deal here and a medal of any sort would go along way to healing any remaining rift with the australian public.

besides i like seeing her in the green and gold...

Mashabator
Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah the commonwealth games is big for Australia, i wanna see her play there :D

DokDi
Dec 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Big in AU or not, I have a feeling those stupid games will only interrupt Jelena's last part of the 2010, a part that could be very important for her ranking and future. :sobbing:

But who knows? Maybe she'll be top 20 until then. I really hope so, then she could play some "Australian National Games" as well!:lol:;)

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 22nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
I think her service during Fed Cup is more than sufficient, I don't think they'd seriously begrudge her for not participating in these games. :o Right? :unsure:

hdfb
Dec 22nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
I think her service during Fed Cup is more than sufficient, I don't think they'd seriously begrudge her for not participating in these games. :o Right? :unsure:

Wrong. They will slaughter her. And Jelena especially after the whole reverting nationality issue and then becoming the amicable darling of 2009 AO.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
Wrong. They will slaughter her. And Jelena especially after the whole reverting nationality issue and then becoming the amicable darling of 2009 AO.
More wasted weeks of her 2010 schedule. :sobbing:

Golovinjured.
Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:29 PM
You guys, if Jelena took home a gold medal she'd get her face on the $5 note, or a stamp.

Slutati
Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
The Aussies ain't gonna bitch about nothing when she wins AO. :rolleyes:

Привет
Dec 23rd, 2009, 12:10 AM
Wasted weeks? :confused: Surely the Comm Games tennis competition could only last a week... :scratch:

China Open is on late in the year, right? If Jelena has a solid year up until then, it's not like not playing one week on the tour is going to hurt her that much.

Comm Games don't mean much on a worldwide scale, but I'd say there'd be more than a few Australians who'd be pissed off if she chose not to play.

I really don't get why so many people don't want her to play it. Interrupt Jelena's last part of 2010, ChrisDi? :scratch: It's ONE week off tour. It's not even a week away from tennis, coz she'll still be playing. :shrug: She'll miss Beijing, and maybe also Osaka/Linz, but if she really wanted to, she could probably play Osaka while she's on the continent.

Oh and Markus, Aussies will ALWAYS find something to bitch about. :happy: ;)

So Disrespectful
Dec 23rd, 2009, 01:22 AM
I'd like Jelena to play Commonwealth Games. For one it would most likely be televised in Australia or at least streamed online and she'd probably do very well there given the nations competing :p.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 23rd, 2009, 04:34 AM
Wasted weeks? :confused: Surely the Comm Games tennis competition could only last a week... :scratch:

China Open is on late in the year, right? If Jelena has a solid year up until then, it's not like not playing one week on the tour is going to hurt her that much.

Comm Games don't mean much on a worldwide scale, but I'd say there'd be more than a few Australians who'd be pissed off if she chose not to play.

I really don't get why so many people don't want her to play it. Interrupt Jelena's last part of 2010, ChrisDi? :scratch: It's ONE week off tour. It's not even a week away from tennis, coz she'll still be playing. :shrug: She'll miss Beijing, and maybe also Osaka/Linz, but if she really wanted to, she could probably play Osaka while she's on the continent.

Oh and Markus, Aussies will ALWAYS find something to bitch about. :happy: ;)
Can't argue with this. :shrug: I assumed it was more than a week cause I likened it to the Olympics. But if it doesn't fuck up her schedule, and it's really that important to the Australian nation - by all means, play.

DokDi
Dec 23rd, 2009, 04:56 AM

One week for Jelena is like a month for any other player. :p
But ok, play it if it's THAT important, what else can I say. Good luck and let's hope for gold!;)

Linz :sobbing:

Привет
Dec 23rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
One week for Jelena is like a month for any other player. :p

This is true. :happy: :p But hey, at least she'll still be playing tennis. :shrug: If she plays the Comm Games and plays well through them, it'll give her great momentum to hopefully head over and play Moscow. :)

doktor
Dec 23rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
yeah i'd rather commonwealth games play, than 1 week missing buying paprika & tomatoes somewhere...

Mashabator
Dec 23rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Not long till brisbane now :banana:

Havok
Dec 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
When are the Commonwealth Games scheduled anyways?

cn ireland
Dec 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Not long till brisbane now :banana:

I know I can't wait:banana:!

Привет
Dec 23rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
The tennis comp for the Comm Games will run from 4-10 October, Naldo. :)

Привет
Dec 23rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Err, sorry, I mean Havok. :unsure: :lol:

Mashabator
Dec 23rd, 2009, 11:50 PM
Err, sorry, I mean Havok. :unsure: :lol:

:lol:

Mashabator
Dec 23rd, 2009, 11:51 PM
Oh its even shorter than i expected, if shes asked she should play definately :D

Golovinjured.
Dec 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Jelena is entered in:

Brisbane MD
Hobart MD
Australian Open MD
Fed Cup (?)
Pattaya City MD
Dubai MD or Q

Packed schedule! :eek: If she plays all of these, I would imagine she'll then have 10 days off and then play Indian Wells and Miami.

Привет
Dec 28th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Great schedule! :woohoo:

Mashabator
Dec 28th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Yep, I like the look of it, hope she can stay injury free and play all of those!!

SM
Dec 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM
She can handle that schedule...she was playing pretty much week in week out to finish 2009 and held up well, making finals or semis quite often too

DokDi
Dec 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah, but we have to remember WTA level is harder than ITF, but she can do it:)

cn ireland
Dec 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
It would be amazing if Jelena played all those tournaments on her schedule:bounce:!

Graf~Dokic
Dec 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
It's great to see that Jelena has so much space left for improvement ranking-wise after Melbourne. :)

Pattaya - 0 points to defend
Dubai - 0 points to defend
Indian Wells - 0 points to defend
Miami - only a bit to defend

:woohoo:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Jelena is entered in:

Brisbane MD
Hobart MD
Australian Open MD
Fed Cup (?)
Pattaya City MD
Dubai MD or Q

Packed schedule! :eek: If she plays all of these, I would imagine she'll then have 10 days off and then play Indian Wells and Miami.
Fucking ajde :hysteric: :cheer: :cheer:

Mastodon
Dec 28th, 2009, 06:24 PM
You can probably add the Malaysia Classic to that aswell then 10 days off before Indian Wells.

jela_dokic
Dec 29th, 2009, 01:18 AM
great schedule....

Good Luck Jela!!!

Mashabator
Dec 29th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I hope she can get into dubai MD straight away and not have to play quallies, but either is okay.

Mastodon
Dec 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Jelena will be seeded 7 in Pattaya City!

Graf~Dokic
Dec 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Jelena will be seeded 7 in Pattaya City!

OMG! Jelena's going to be seeded in a WTA event. :eek: When was the last time? 2003 I think.

Mastodon
Dec 29th, 2009, 06:51 PM
She was last seeded at a WTA event in Beijing at the end of 2004.

Graf~Dokic
Dec 29th, 2009, 06:51 PM
She was last seeded at a WTA event in Beijing at the end of 2004.

Ok... :) :wavey:

DokDi
Dec 29th, 2009, 07:18 PM
It's not sure she'll be seeded:unsure:

Mastodon
Dec 29th, 2009, 07:39 PM
True its not guaranteed but the entry list has been released and she is currently seeded 7.

Freakan
Dec 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM
People, will you ever learn? Seeding is based on the current (well 1 week prior) ranking while entry list on ranking from 6 weeks before the tournament starts. With tournaments in January ahead of us and points that Jelena has to defend, she might be no. 1 seeded as well as have the worst ranking of all players in MD.

Mashabator
Dec 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Jelly has entered Dubai :banana:

cn ireland
Dec 30th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I don't care if she's seeded or unseeded as long as she plays;)!

Graf~Dokic
Dec 30th, 2009, 03:34 PM
People, will you ever learn? Seeding is based on the current (well 1 week prior) ranking while entry list on ranking from 6 weeks before the tournament starts. With tournaments in January ahead of us and points that Jelena has to defend, she might be no. 1 seeded as well as have the worst ranking of all players in MD.

Sorry, I forgot. :sad:

DokDi
Jan 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Jelena is 4 out of MD in Dubai!
She has to get in...:sobbing:

Gjtennis
Jan 5th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Anyone want to hit four wta players with a bus so Jelena gets into dubai? Im down! whos with me????? LMAO!!!

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Im with you, lets go and run em over now preferably safina, justine, wozniacki and Aga :devil:

doktor
Jan 5th, 2010, 11:04 PM
:lol:

well Dokickass we've got 9 of the worlds top 10 here in Sydney next week, do you know where we can hire a bus?

wait a minute, i think were getting a little bit into Gunther Parche territory here...

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Yeah, ill look into hiring a bus.... im happy to pay for it :lol:
Your coming to sydney? Which days? :D

doktor
Jan 6th, 2010, 01:23 AM
yeah.. um monday, wednesday and thursday i think... what about you?

Mashabator
Jan 6th, 2010, 03:20 AM
im going to quallies on thursday and friday, and then monday tuesday wednesday of MD :D

Graf~Dokic
Jan 6th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I would like Jelena to play qualies in Dubai. That won't be a disadvantage, if she gets through easily. ;)

Golovinjured.
Jan 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Anyone else think Moratogoulo (?) Academy has done bad things for Jelena's game? In the ITF's late last year she was actually constructing points, even rallying. She's having NONE of that this year. It's just going for winners off the first ball almost everytime.

I'm sick of posting in the Hobart thread. Depressing stuff.

Also, I don't think we should be worried about her ranking or anything. She's whoring up the tournaments post AO, and without the pressure of 500 points coming off soon, like she has right now, hopefully she'll be able to put together some nice results and a good rank.

doktor
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Mouratoglou must be bad... she hasn't improved at all... I saw a few of the Mouratoglou guys around at sydney during Rezai's match... they seemed like assholes...

anyway i don't think she actually takes anyones advice so anything thats happened is solely down to her...

cn ireland
Jan 14th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I don't think there's any need to worry about Jelena's form just yet. Maybe the disastrous loss against Peer will help her to improve at the AO;)!

Mashabator
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Apparently its Kleybanova first round :o

Gjtennis
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Gasp!!! There draw is out already???

powerbackhand
Jan 15th, 2010, 12:16 AM
theage said she faces olivia R and henin in 2nd round??? its in the AO livestream thread

powerbackhand
Jan 15th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Dokic faces Henin showdown in second round
SCOTT SPITS
January 15, 2010 - 11:17AM
Australia's Jelena Dokic faces a tough assignment to repeat her fourth round heroics from last year's Australian Open, with a first round clash against talented Russian 27th seed Alisa Kleybanova.

The draw for the 2010 Australian Open is currently being announced at Melbourne Park.

While Kleybanova represents a difficult first match for unseeded Dokic, the Australia did manage to defeat her in three sets (7-5, 5-7, 8-6) in a gripping fourth round encounter at last year's Australian Open in their only previous encounter.

Fellow Australian Anastasia Rodionova has a tough assignment in the first round against reigning French Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova.

Belgium's Kim Clijsters has drawn a qualifier in the first round, while her countrywoman and fellow comeback queen Justine Henin faces a second-round clash with talented Russian Elena Dementieva.

The first round also features a clash of Russian glamour girls Maria Sharapova, ranked 14, and Maria Kirilenko, ranked 59. Sharapova holds a 2-1 advantage in their three career meetings to date.

Article doesn't make sense, title says Jelena faces Justine 2nd round, while the article says Justine faces Elena

confusiom

powerbackhand
Jan 15th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Elena Dementieva RUS (5)
v

Vera Dushevina RUS
Kirsten Flipkens BEL
v

Justine Henin BEL

Sorana Cirstea ROU
v

Olivia Rogowska AUS
Jelena Dokic AUS
v

Alisa Kleybanova RUS (27)

powerbackhand
Jan 15th, 2010, 12:21 AM
thats tough even if she was playing well

Daniel K
Jan 15th, 2010, 12:22 AM
If she beats Alisa she plays the winner of Rogowska/Cirstea then the winner of Dementieva/Henin.

*edit* beat me.

Yeah this blows.

Sectumsempra
Jan 15th, 2010, 12:28 AM
You do realise this is the schedule thread? :confused:

Mashabator
Jan 15th, 2010, 12:36 AM
yeah we do but theres no AO thread is there? and im sure as hell not making it!

Huntress55
Jan 15th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Man she's in a horrible section of the draw :(

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2010, 04:33 AM
:hysteric:

doktor
Jan 15th, 2010, 04:38 AM
^ i'm having that huge crisis of faith that you had the other week... i'm so sick of supporting a player who always loses and doesn't seem to care, and trying to make legitimate excuses as to why she keeps failing... it fucken sucks...

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Harden the fuck up, bitch. :rolleyes:

doktor
Jan 15th, 2010, 04:54 AM
i'm tyin... i might go and watch her bash caro at AO last year, that should just about do it i think...

doktor
Jan 15th, 2010, 04:59 AM
its alright, i'm back... i just forgot how awesome she was when she's on...

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2010, 05:11 AM
:hug:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 15th, 2010, 05:38 AM
AO thread: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=399374

doktor
Jan 15th, 2010, 11:49 PM
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssss

:worship:

Babolatpro880
Jan 16th, 2010, 01:10 PM
^ i'm having that huge crisis of faith that you had the other week... i'm so sick of supporting a player who always loses and doesn't seem to care, and trying to make legitimate excuses as to why she keeps failing... it fucken sucks...

Well some of us remember supporting Jelena when she was losing in the main draw of a 10K challenger, so having a tough draw in the Australian Open kinda seems like a cakewalk.

Viva Jelena :rocker2:

$uricate
Jan 16th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Jelena already won a MD match this year :D

So she's already doing better than the majority of the last 5 seasons!

Lets all accentuate the positive :dance: