PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay OZ open draw

Lindsayfan32
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Lindsay has drawn Sara Errani in the 1st round and may player Maria Sharapova in 2nd round and she is drawn in the top section. Bugger is the first word that came to my mind. Lindsay got drawn in the quarter of death as it is loaded up with good. Serena, Justine and Jelena just for starters.

LDF
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:54 PM
R1: Errani
R2: Sharapova

IF she manages to beat Maria (:help:), then it'll be as follows:

R3: Vakulenko
R4: Dementieva/Peer
QF: Henin
SF: Serena/Jankovic
F: Whoever.

MH0861
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:03 AM
That is HORRIBLE :fiery:

MH0861
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Actually, Linds would have Dementieva or Peer 4R, not Nicole

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:05 AM
worst possible draw for her.
I just wish Justine is not there.
2nd round Sharapova is doable for her.

Elldee
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I could get to the semis from the bottom quarter.

LDF
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Actually, Linds would have Dementieva or Peer 4R, not Nicole

Oh yep, my mistake - it was hard keeping up with them on the radio :lol:

MH0861
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Linds potentially has to beat Sharapova, Henin and both Williams Sisters to win the title :spit:

The Daviator
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Linds potentially has to beat Sharapova, Henin and both Williams Sisters to win the title :spit:

Well if you're gonna do it, do it in style :lol:

dybbuk
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:24 AM
It will only be Maria's second competitive match on this surface, and in the Aussie heat. If she had to get a big name early, Maria is one of the better ones I think. :lol: Lindsay tends to go out of her way to complicate things with Maria though. :o

Lindsayfan32
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I don't think it will be too bad to play Maria in 2nd round as she at her weakest in the first few rounds. I had to listen to the draw on AO radio as they didn't show the draw on tv and all they talked about in Lindsay's draw was playing Maria. Another interesting Lindsay fact with a win in the 1st round Lindsay will be top the all time money list on the WTA tour and will will also become the highest money earner in all of women's sports.

LindsayRulz
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:31 AM
That's why she entered doubles. At least she meets Maria in the second round, she has better chance to beat her at this stage of the tournament than in the QF or SF.

vw.
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I almost like it. 2nd round is a great opportunity to take out a top seed. If she does it, I definitely expect her in the Quarters.

Come on Linds!

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Good luck linds :scared:

lindsayno1
Jan 11th, 2008, 09:42 AM
That is horrendous! ive just had a look at the draw. The bottom quarter is a joke! Maria sucks in early rounds though...and hasn't played much recently! I cant believe we are in the same quarter as Henin AGAIN! Sucks.com

shirley
Jan 11th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Good Luck Lindsay!! http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pcheerleader.gif

LethalLindsay
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:57 PM
it's an absolutely HORROR draw! but having said that her attitude is awesome, she said herself that you have to beat everyone to win a Slam anyways and that the bigger name players are WAAAAY more vulnerable in the early rounds than in later ones when they have "played" their way into form and I do have to agree with her!

hurricanejeanne
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I could get to the semis from the bottom quarter.

Yup, and that makes Lindsay's draw even more frustrating. But it was bound to happen, I mean she has to always get stuck in Justine's quarter. :p

I do think it's better for Lindsay to play Maria early rather than later in the tournament. Maria has been known to have less then stellar early round matches in Melbourne. Lindsay, hopefully, will take advantage of that.

LindsayfanTV
Jan 11th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Yup, and that makes Lindsay's draw even more frustrating. But it was bound to happen, I mean she has to always get stuck in Justine's quarter. :p

I do think it's better for Lindsay to play Maria early rather than later in the tournament. Maria has been known to have less then stellar early round matches in Melbourne. Lindsay, hopefully, will take advantage of that.

and Lindsay really likes Australia. Let's hope the new surface favours her game over Maria ~ although they do play similarly, I think if it is a quicker surface it will play to Lindsay's strengths:confused:

Frederic
Jan 12th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Come on Lindsay!!! I'm pretty sure the match will go her way, she'll convert all the opportunities, win the key points and will win this match. Try to remember guys she said something like " I don't imagine to play tennis again" in last 2006. And then she won 3 (low tiered) tournaments. So Lindsay can still be impressive, and she can take everyone by surprise.

Agassi Fan
Jan 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Good luck Lindsay!