PDA

View Full Version : Typical classy Kim!

BelgianGirl
Jul 25th, 2002, 12:26 AM
Marc Herremans (a Belgian top-triathlete who broke his back this year during training and is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life now :( ) was on a tv -show last night and was asked if he was supported by other athletes.
He said he got a card of Luc Van Lierde (another triathlete), Joël Smets (motorsports) and KIM! He said it felt really good for him to know that they think about him too! :)

I just thought this was another example of the high class of our Kim! :D She's such a nice person!

angele87
Jul 25th, 2002, 12:30 AM
Thanks BelgianGirl :wavey:

Kim is such a sweetheart :angel:

Come-on-kim
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:27 AM
That's our kimmie

Sarah
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:24 AM
:kiss: How sweet can you be?!

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Cilla
Jul 25th, 2002, 02:09 PM
:angel:

KaseyL
Jul 25th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Great!:hearts:

That's Kim!

Lleyki
Jul 25th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Aww how sweet :angel:

arn
Jul 25th, 2002, 03:40 PM
wow, that's sweet!!!!

ßcoene
Jul 25th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Kimmie the sweetest on earth :hearts:

Hermione
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Ah, bless that is so lovely and how awful for the triathelete:sad: :sad:

Frau Antje
Jul 25th, 2002, 09:10 PM
Kimmie :)

Dirty Sanchez
Aug 4th, 2002, 01:13 AM
Kim's such a nice person!

kevijntje
Aug 4th, 2002, 02:10 PM
yeah feel sorry that guy , i read that he want's to do the iron man contest in Hawai in his wheelchair now , he just can't stop competing and kim is so sweet to support him :angel: :angel: :angel:

BelgianGirl
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:40 PM
I read another sweet thing about Kim in "Het Nieuwsblad":

A journalist slipped in the rain and fell on the ground. Even after her loss against Mauresmo, Kim went to search some ice for his injured foot! :angel:

Bigkimfan
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:11 PM
That's our Kimmie!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: Good luck Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

KaseyL
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Another example:

Belgian junior player Flipkens received a nice watch as gift from Kim at the US Open.

Flipkens had just lost her juniors' QF match in three sets but was comforted by Kim's sincere compliments and a nice gift; a watch.

Kim offered the watch in the locker room after the loss.

A proud Flipkens told journalists how nice it was of Kim to do such a thing and added that Kim made her feel okay again. Kim made her forgetting the sorrow she felt after losing her QF.

(btw: Kirsten Flipkens, 16, is the daughter of a good friend of Kim's mother and is also friends with Elke.)

BelgianGirl
Sep 8th, 2002, 09:47 AM
I was just about to post that Kirsten-story too! :p

It's really nice of her! :) I wonder if she will give Elke a present too for reaching the doubles final with Kirsten! :angel:

angele87
Sep 8th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Awwww :angel: Kim is such a sweetheart!

KaseyL
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Think this belongs in here: :)

from Wertheim's mailbag this week, Nov. 4, 2002:

It was touching to see Yevgeny Kafelnikov donate some of his prize money to the families of the victims of the Moscow theater tragedy. What other players are noted for being generous and donating a lot of their time, effort and money to noble causes?
—Mitch, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

I didn't see that Kafelnikov had done that, but good for him if it's true. Speaking of the Y-Man, he's holding firm on his promise that he'll retire if Russia wins the Davis Cup. Anyway, for all the examples of tennis players behaving like selfish brats, there are an equal number of examples of their generosity. The hands-down winner is Agassi, who through his foundation recently founded a prep school for 200 underprivileged kids in Las Vegas. This isn't one of those Sammy Sosa foundations that exists to give family members cushy jobs and hold a big tax-write-off bash. Last month Agassi held a Hollywood-A-list fundraiser that brought in something like $6 million, and he has put millions of his own into the pot.

Other tennis players are exceedingly generous with their time. A WTA rep told me that Kim Clijsters has been known to arrive at a tournament and ask in advance if any trips are scheduled to the local children's hospital. [that's our Kim! :hearts:] Many carry out small acts of kindness -- Andy Roddick discreetly giving a fat tip to the Cincinnati locker-room attendants, Amelie Mauresmo handing her racket to an autograph hound in Montreal -- that won't change the world, but still bespeak kindness and compassion.

jenglisbe
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:51 PM
In Jon Wertheim's latest CNN/SI Mailbag, he says:
"A WTA rep told me that Kim Clijsters has been known to arrive at a tournament and ask in advance if any trips are scheduled to the local children's hospital."

Bigkimfan
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:59 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!:angel: That's Kim!!!!!!!!!:angel: :angel: :D :D

Come on Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

kit
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:25 PM
She is so sweet!!!:) ;)
:kiss: Kimmie :kiss:

Lleyki
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Aww That's our Kimmie :angel:

Lleykimmy1
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:51 PM
THAT IS SO SWEET OF KIM SHE IS REALLY AN ANGEL :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

pcabenojar
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:34 AM
got this from www.hingis.org, Tony Profumo ( I assume he's a journalist) wrote this:

As I noted in my thread "Martina's comments" the press day at Staples was set up so that players were at round tables and the press got to sit down and chat for awhile, then move on to another table.

Here are some observations about some of the players I talked to.

Kim Clijsters:

Probably my second favorite player right now and a terrific person. Just very open, very honest and seemingly, a pretty happy girl. She says her coaching situation is now settled, her arm is better and she gets a great deal of support from her dad, who travels sometimes with her, sometimes with little sister Elke.

It would be very hard NOT to like Kim. I hope she makes her breakthrough this coming year, assuming Martina is not around.

KaseyL
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by pcabenojar
got this from www.hingis.org, Tony Profumo

Thanks a lot!

KaseyL
Nov 21st, 2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by KaseyL
Another example:

Belgian junior player Flipkens received a nice watch as gift from Kim at the US Open.

Flipkens had just lost her juniors' QF match in three sets but was comforted by Kim's sincere compliments and a nice gift; a watch.

Kim offered the watch in the locker room after the loss.

A proud Flipkens told journalists how nice it was of Kim to do such a thing and added that Kim made her feel okay again. Kim made her forgetting the sorrow she felt after losing her QF.

(btw: Kirsten Flipkens, 16, is the daughter of a good friend of Kim's mother and is also friends with Elke.)

There has been an interview with this young promising Belgian player in Flemish magazine "Sportmagazine", Oct. 24, 2002.
This is what Kirsten told the journalist there in reaction to Kim's nice gift:

Source: Sportmagazine/Voetbalmagazine, Oct. 24, 2002:

by Frédéric Vanheule
(translation by Ingrid)

Kirsten Flipkens is quite proud of the watch she received in the changing rooms as a gift from Kim Clijsters during the US Open. ‘It’s a talisman to me. Kim found that I had played a great tournament. That feels really good when you get the props of such a person. I know Kim since a long time, already from the time I hit my first balls. She is a real friend. I think it’s fantastic..., everything that she has realised until now, and how she has stayed true to herself. That’s one of the most important things I remembered about her: modesty is a nice virtue.’

~|Naomi|~
Jan 5th, 2003, 05:39 AM
I was watchig the Adelaide final between Davydenko and Kristof Vliegen today and John Fitzgerald who was commentating on the match said that Kim had rung Vliegen to congratulate him on qualifying and making it all the way to the final and having wins over players like Enqvist and Krajicek. He also said that Kim and Vliegen live just 5 km apart in Beglium and they know each other well from when they were botha t VTV together. I thought that was really nice of Kim to ring him to wish him luck:)

Filip!
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Wow, Kim is such a nice person!
I think there are a lot of tennisplayers who are not that sweet...

Bigkimfan
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:06 AM
That's Kim!!!:angel: :angel:

Elleke
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:15 AM
kimmy :angel:
:sad: kristof lost today

Primula
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by kim&lleytonrule
I was watchig the Adelaide final between Davydenko and Kristof Vliegen today and John Fitzgerald who was commentating on the match said that Kim had rung Vliegen to congratulate him on qualifying and making it all the way to the final and having wins over players like Enqvist and Krajicek. He also said that Kim and Vliegen live just 5 km apart in Beglium and they know each other well from when they were botha t VTV together. I thought that was really nice of Kim to ring him to wish him luck:)

Wauw that's our Kimmie !! :angel:

BelgianGirl
Jan 5th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Really nice! :angel:
Too bad he lost! :sad: But he had a great tournament! :D

gokimmie
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Primula
Wauw that's our Kimmie !! :angel:

she is just sooo considerate:angel::)

kit
Jan 5th, 2003, 05:49 PM
That's Kim!!She is so sweet.:angel: :angel: :angel:

pruts
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:05 PM
typical our Kim!!!!!

btw i think i have a picture off the watch.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
:bounce: kim clijsters:bounce:
:bounce: lleyton hewitt:bounce:
:bounce: xavier malisse:bounce:
:bounce: olivier rochus:bounce:
:bounce: elke clijsters:bounce:
:bounce: kirsten flippkens:bounce:
:bounce: james blake:bounce:
:bounce: justine henin-hardenne:bounce:

Elleke
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:30 PM
post it Lore! :)

Mazza
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Awww! Kimmie is soooo sweet! :angel:

pruts
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:32 PM
i don't have a scanner :sad:

pruts
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:33 PM
it's a really cool watch ,it's oranges.

angele87
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Kimmie :angel: Such a sweetheart as usual :D

KaseyL
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:36 PM
To add to our collection of newsbits:

Kim has donated her racquet from the LA final to charity

Kim has given it to a reporter from TV Limburg to get it to Belgium.
It will be sold for the 'A heart for Limburg' charity event. The entire profits willl be donated to a Home for cancer patients.

source: Het Belang van Limburg, August 12, 2003

beauty_is_pink
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:28 AM
hey guys - found this at the official Rogers site

Belgium's Kim Clijsters is a not only a great champion, she's a true sportswoman. After losing her third-round match at the 2003 Rogers AT&T Cup, the world No. 1 ranked woman, isn't sulking away. She told tournament director Stacey Allaster that she would be pleased to help out the tournament in any way. She gave Allaster her cell phone number and said: "Call when you need me."

Thursday evening she met with participants in the Rogers AT&T Wireless Pro-Am. She joked and laughed, signed autographs and posed for pictures. At one point she noted that one participant was on the phone with his wife, who was clearly disappointed she didn't make it to the event because of the power outage. Clijsters took the phone, chatted with her and cheered her up.

"You don't have to ask her, Kim just offers to help," said Allaster. "She's a great ambassador of the sport."

seriously.. you cant say more enough good things about Kim!!! She jus keeps on surprising us... she is indeed a woman with the kind kind heart :)
http://www.rogersattcup.com/news_photos/clijsters_class.jpg

[Mod message:
Thanks for this! Great! :cool:

As we have a thread for such info, I have moved your thread to the existing one for filing reasons.

Your mod,
Ingrid]

Aussie_Kim
Aug 16th, 2003, 04:24 AM
How sweet!
Kim truly is the nicest player on the circuit :hearts:

kim4eva
Aug 16th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Kim is surely the nicest player in the world!!! :bounce:
I can't believe Kim is such a perfect girl!! :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts:

Dannithesnail
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Wow! :eek: That is sooo nice what she did. How can you not love her? :confused: :angel:

Gabra
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Simply Kim :kiss:

kit
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:51 PM
That's Kim!! :)

tibe
Aug 16th, 2003, 10:24 PM
she signed my friend's birthdaycard.
with 3 big kisses :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
He was very happy when he got the card.
thank you kim :worship:

KaseyL
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:24 PM
To add to our collection of newsbits:

Kim has donated her racquet from the LA final to charity

Kim has given it to a reporter from TV Limburg to get it to Belgium.
It will be sold for the 'A heart for Limburg' charity event. The entire profits willl be donated to a Home for cancer patients.

source: Het Belang van Limburg, August 12, 2003BUMP :angel:

More re this topic: For the ones who could spare the money:

the actual bidding has started and will be closed on May 25.
At present the bidding is at 2800 EURO (coming from 250).

This will still go up, I'm sure (it's the racquet that brought her the number one after all!)

If you're interested (it's for charity, folks!) visit http://veiling.eenhartvoorlimburg.be/NL/APViewItem.asp?ID=26

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:53 PM
2800 Euro :eek::eek::eek: wish I had a bit more money...

ace4lleykim
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:03 PM
How much is 2800 Euro in US dollars? Wow Kim is so nice! No wonder why she has so many fans. :angel:;):hearts:

KaseyL
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:17 PM
How much is 2800 Euro in US dollars? Wow Kim is so nice! No wonder why she has so many fans. :angel:;):hearts:
Oops, sorry, that's $3408, and +/- 4450 Australian.

(btw to find quick conversion calculators: go to http://www.xe.com/, best there is! (no, I don't get paid for this :p ) )

Aussie_Kim
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:15 AM
I forgot about this thread!
Kim is such an :angel:
Love the racquet, any-1 feel like giving me an early birthday present? ;) :lol:

kim4eva
Apr 8th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Aww Kim :hearts: :angel:
Wish I could get the raquet but I don't think there's any possibility I could get it no? :lol:

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Aww.. Kim's the sweetest :angel: :hug:

Aussie_Kim
Apr 10th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Yeah, just a little outa my student budget! :lol:

lovekimmie
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Any BIG SPENDER's in here ??? :lol:

crazzzy_grrl
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Yeah, just a little outa my student budget! :lol:

:lol: Same here

ace4lleykim
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:29 PM
2800 Euro is about this much in U$ 3,373.77 USD. Yea just like u guys, I'm an outta student budget. :lol: I don't even have a job rite now. :D

ace4lleykim
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Oops, sorry, that's $3408, and +/- 4450 Australian.

(btw to find quick conversion calculators: go to http://www.xe.com/, best there is! (no, I don't get paid for this :p ) )

Thanks, this site is really helpful. :D:lol:

ace4lleykim
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:34 PM
I forgot about this thread!
Kim is such an :angel:
Love the racquet, any-1 feel like giving me an early birthday present? ;) :lol:

Hey since my b-day is next month, that would be a great early b-day present for me. :lol::haha::angel:

KaseyL
May 11th, 2004, 12:01 PM
BUMP :angel:

More re this topic: For the ones who could spare the money:

the actual bidding has started and will be closed on May 25.
At present the bidding is at 2800 EURO (coming from 250).

This will still go up, I'm sure (it's the racquet that brought her the number one after all!)

If you're interested (it's for charity, folks!) visit http://veiling.eenhartvoorlimburg.be/NL/APViewItem.asp?ID=26 (http://veiling.eenhartvoorlimburg.be/NL/APViewItem.asp?ID=26)
Latest standing:

Bidding is now up to...... 10200 EURO! :woohoo:

and it might get even higher as bidding is still going on 'til the end of the month... (:bounce: for the charity getting this money:bounce: )

tibe
May 11th, 2004, 12:04 PM
:eek: that's a lot of money

Come-on-kim
May 11th, 2004, 01:22 PM
I think there's another thing like that but for Child Focus! I saw a babolat racket, so I suppose it's Kim's one

ace4lleykim
May 11th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Wow?!!!!!!!! I don't have that kind of money!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: Looks like it still going up!!!!

sarza
May 11th, 2004, 04:42 PM
some of these stories about kim are great. she is just such a lovely person and thats why we all love her :kiss:

Aussie_Kim
May 12th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Latest standing:

Bidding is now up to...... 10200 EURO! :woohoo:

and it might get even higher as bidding is still going on 'til the end of the month... (:bounce: for the charity getting this money:bounce: )

:eek: That people are bidding that much.
That must be the most expensive racquet in the whole world.
Still good for charity.

kim4eva
May 12th, 2004, 09:30 AM
:eek: That people are bidding that much.
That must be the most expensive racquet in the whole world.
Still good for charity.
Ah yeah that's a hell lotta money... :eek:
But for charity :bounce:

ace4lleykim
May 13th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Yea coz I remember that Andy Roddick's racquet during his charity show is only $3000 US Dollars.

KaseyL
May 13th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I think there's another thing like that but for Child Focus! I saw a babolat racket, so I suppose it's Kim's oneThanks Axel! :kiss:
I searched for it and found the following:

For all who is interested (and/or has money he can spare)

Kim Clijsters indeed seems to have donated one of her rackets for Child Focus; it will be auctioned on May 15 in shopping center M2 in Maasmechelen.

link here: http://www.childfocus.be/Help_Site_Nl/Objecten.htm

You'll see big names there; like stuff from Lance Armstrong, Celine Dion, Justine,...

btw, Maggie Maleeva's racket will also be up for auction (that one is on www.ebay.be (http://www.ebay.be/) btw).

For people interesting to know what charity I'm talking about: visit http://www.childfocus.be (http://www.childfocus.be/)

---

Re Kim's racket that made her number one: that bidding keeps on going on LOL :bounce: now 11000 euro...:eek:

ace4lleykim
May 13th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the info Ingrid, but most of us in here are still students, I don't think we can afford those prices. :tape::lol:

KaseyL
Jun 7th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the info Ingrid, but most of us in here are still students, I don't think we can afford those prices. :tape::lol:
Others can't either, I think. :p

KaseyL
Jun 7th, 2004, 11:09 PM
On a up note, as nobody seems to have reported it here, the racket auction of Kim's racket for Hart voor Limburg is closed and has brought an amazing .................................................. .......

:eek: :eek: :eek: 11250 euro!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

It was bought by a lady from Houthalen( town in Limburg, Belgium), Martine Vanbael.

She has a restaurant and the racket will get a place there (no doubt it will attract people ;) ).

It has been quite a thril in the end as she was locked in a bidding battle with another Fleming; one who is now living in the US (Texas I believe).But she won the auction after all so the racket stays in Belgium, for now anyway.

For the ones in here who would know this: does this result make Kim's racket the most expensive one in history of charity auctions? :scratch:

No matter what, I'm more than happy for the charity (for a meeting place for cancer patients/family in Limburg; see above). :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

(source: Het Belang van Limburg, lost exact date :o somewhere last week I reckon :p but I will receive another copy of the article, I was promised. It was also reported in De Morgen and on VRT nieuwsnet)

kim4eva
Jun 8th, 2004, 12:20 PM
WOW! :eek:
I'm sure Kim will be very pleased with that :)

Yasmine
Jun 8th, 2004, 02:24 PM
It was bought by a lady from Houthalen( town in Limburg, Belgium), Martine Vanbael.

She has a restaurant and the racket will get a place there (no doubt it will attract people ;) ).

It has been quite a thril in the end as she was locked in a bidding battle with another Fleming; one who is now living in the US (Texas I believe).But she won the auction after all so the racket stays in Belgium, for now anyway.

For the ones in here who would know this: does this result make Kim's racket the most expensive one in history of charity auctions? :scratch:

No matter what, I'm more than happy for the charity (for a meeting place for cancer patients/family in Limburg; see above). :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Glad it stays in Belgium, that's where it should be!
Even happier to see that the money is going to Cancer related cause. I have lost someone very precious to cancer and I am myself working in a cancer research lab...

Pinkie
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:07 AM
There is an interview with Richard Williams in De Morgen today, in which he is asked about the Kim and Justine. Here is what he says:

"Kim, ik mis haar zeer zeker. Op toernooien kijk ik altijd naar haar uit omdat ze een wondermooie persoonlijkheid is. Ze is de liefste tennisster die ik in mijn leven al gezien heb. En Justine, daar weet ik niet veel van. Heeft ze gezondheidsproblemen? Ik ken haar niet goed genoeg om iets te zeggen in de ene of andere zin. Ze zal wel nog lang nummer één zijn.

Translation: "Kim I surely miss. I look forward to seeing her during tournaments because she has a wonderful personality. She is the sweetest tennis player I have met in my life. Justine, I don't know a lot about. She has health issues? I don't know her wel enough to say something one way or the other. She will be number one for a long time."

crazzzy_grrl
Jun 30th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Awwww... thats sweet. Seems like everyone loves our Kimmy :D

Kimikim
Jul 1st, 2004, 03:05 PM
Nice comment from Richards :D

Pinkie
Jul 17th, 2004, 07:00 PM
A few weeks ago, a little boy here in Belgium was shot three times by his dad. Luckily, he survived, but the story touched many people, many of whom sent a card to little Stevy. His family gave a few interviews this week to thank those people because they can't respond to everyone in person. In the interviews, the family also said that Kim had sent a card too :worship:

kim-fan
Jul 17th, 2004, 07:04 PM
A few weeks ago, a little boy here in Belgium was shot three times by his dad.
omg :eek: that is so scary!

Luckily, he survived, but the story touched many people, many of whom sent a card to little Stevy. His family gave a few interviews this week to thank those people because they can't respond to everyone in person. In the interviews, the family also said that Kim had sent a card too :worship:
that's really sweet of her :angel:

ace4lleykim
Jul 17th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Wow poor lil boy!:sad: Pinkie, do u have any idea why his dad shot him?:fiery: What kind of dad is that? Wow that's so nice of Kim. :hearts:

Pinkie
Jul 21st, 2004, 06:49 PM
Here's a question from this week's Jon Wertheim mailbag on si.com. Disregarding the 'mental strenght' angle, which has been debated to death, I think this is a nice reminder of why we're Kim fans...

"Sitting on the sidelines and watching Anastasia Myskina and Sharapova win Slams must have had an effect on Kim Clijsters. What type of impact do you think it will have on Clijsters,*she of the tremendous game and fragile head?
* -- *Karl Miller, Phoenixville, Pa.

Good question. Not having spoken to Clijsters lately*I couldn't tell you. (And there's little indication she'll be sufficiently healthy to play the U.S. Open.) At some level it must be demoralizing that two more players have entered the Slam Club in her absence. But on balance she ought to be pretty inspired. If Serena Williams*is running the tables, Clijsters might be thinking, "I missed my window." But when Myskina and Sharapova --*players who are in no*way superior*to her --*are taking trophies, Clijsters ought to be thinking, "If they can do it, why can't I?"

As you note, her breakthrough is a matter of mental and not physical ability. Here's a Clijsters' story --*related, peripherally anyway, to your question --*that I don't believe I've told: After Clijsters' quarterfinal match at the '03 U.S. Open she was approached by WTA operatives about posing in a Lakers jersey while holding a surfboard, all part of a publicity shoot for the ill-fated WTA Tour Championships in L.A. Clijsters, as is her wont, complied without hesitation. It was late at night, and she had a high-stakes Grand Slam match to prepare for, but there she was, agreeing to some silly photo-op, signing autographs for passers-by, smiling and waving at kids calling her name, giving no indication that she was being inconvenienced in the slightest. In short, she could not have been more gracious.

Around the same time, a WTA rep asked Justine Henin-Hardenne if she would also pose for the shoot. JH-H shot back an incredulous look. "Can we do it tomorrow?" she asked. The WTA staffers conceded but tried to pin her down on a time. Before her semifinal match? After practice? This goes on for a minute. JH-H finally says, "I will do it, but I have to think about the time." She didn't do it the next day, and I would bet you dinner she never did it. She did, however, go on to win the title, of course, beating Clijsters in the final.

Draw your own conclusions."

ace4lleykim
Jul 22nd, 2004, 01:57 AM
Thanks Pinkie for the article. Wow Kim is realy nice! I have those pics printed out from the internet! :D She looks very beautiful in those.:hearts:

Aussie_Kim
Jul 22nd, 2004, 03:30 AM
That is the Kim we know!
I wonder how many of Juju's fans have got letters & signed shirts from her? Kim doesn't have to do these things but she chooses to because she cares & is a nice person!

Dannithesnail
Jul 22nd, 2004, 10:03 AM
aww i wish i was more like kim :angel: :o

Kimikim
Jul 22nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
Ohhhhhhh she's soooo sweetttt :kiss:

Aussie_Kim
Jul 22nd, 2004, 03:47 PM
aww i wish i was more like kim :angel: :o
Well Dani! U wouldn't be Dani if u were like Kim! And I like u as Dani best!!! :angel:
If that makes any sense! ;)
She is a sweetie tho!

Dannithesnail
Jul 23rd, 2004, 12:11 PM
Well Dani! U wouldn't be Dani if u were like Kim! And I like u as Dani best!!! :angel:
If that makes any sense! ;)
She is a sweetie tho!
:inlove: :angel: aww..thanks mate :smooch:

-Em-
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:50 PM
"You know, I know that in a lot of Grand Slams I think, you know, women's tennis, you know, I mean if you watch -- you know, I'm in the committee of the WTA and, you know, we get a lot of the results back from the Grand Slams and stuff. And, you know, women's tennis, at the moment, I think is a little bit more popular I think, if you compare them to, you know, whatever, TV ratings and stuff like that."

LOL, i just read it at the GM...It's just so sweet.:lol: but honestly now, her English is almost as good as Cappy's. And English is Jennifer's mother tongue:yeah: ;)

tibe
Aug 5th, 2004, 10:22 PM
"You know, I know that in a lot of Grand Slams I think, you know, women's tennis, you know, I mean if you watch -- you know, I'm in the committee of the WTA and, you know, we get a lot of the results back from the Grand Slams and stuff. And, you know, women's tennis, at the moment, I think is a little bit more popular I think, if you compare them to, you know, whatever, TV ratings and stuff like that."

LOL, i just read it at the GM...It's just so sweet.:lol: but honestly now, her English is almost as good as Cappy's. And English is Jennifer's mother tongue:yeah: ;)

without the 'you knows'!

"I know that in a lot of GS I think, women's tennis, I mean if you watch, I'm in the committee of the WTA and, we get a lot of the results back from the GS and stuff."

is that a sentence :tape:

fifiricci
Aug 5th, 2004, 10:43 PM
without the 'you knows'!

"I know that in a lot of GS I think, women's tennis, I mean if you watch, I'm in the committee of the WTA and, we get a lot of the results back from the GS and stuff."

is that a sentence :tape:
Errrr No! But its classic Kimmy speak :p

-Em-
Aug 5th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Errrr No! But its classic Kimmy speak :p

yeah, you know, hmm, actually, it's kinda, you know, i guess, basically, i mean, you're so right:p
;)

ace4lleykim
Aug 6th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Kim uses you knows alot, sometimes, it confuses me when I'm reading a sentence.

Come-on-kim
Aug 6th, 2004, 09:02 AM
She means that WTA is more popular than ATP if you look at the TV ratings :p

fifiricci
Aug 6th, 2004, 09:13 AM
yeah, you know, hmm, actually, it's kinda, you know, i guess, basically, i mean, you're so right:p
;)
And in a few years time she'll be doing it all with a Belgo-Aussie twang!

-Em-
Aug 6th, 2004, 09:20 AM
And in a few years time she'll be doing it all with a Belgo-Aussie twang!

OMG:eek: :bolt:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mackiec4
Aug 12th, 2004, 03:47 AM
hey everyone! i'm not really sure where i should post this since i dont come here that often, but i have story/encounter about kim...

my friends and i were able to get our picture taken with Kim after lleytons 1st round match in Cincinnati last week! it was after the match, and everyone was running down to try and get lleytons autograph, but since we didn't have any markers (and we also already had lleytons autrgraph :p ), we decided to stay back and see if we could get a picture with kim. she looked like she was kinda in a hurry when she was leaving the match, but we asked and she said sure! one of the people she was with even took the picture for us! i was really expecting her to say no since there were so many pepole around, but she was really nice about it :) the funny part is we were wearing "i love lleyton" shirts and held signs during the match. so we felt kinda dumb asking kim for a picture, but she obviously didn't mind
(we were also at lleytons match against Marat....and the camera was on us a lot, so if you saw 2 girls with lleyton signs/shirts, let me know! we weren't sure if we made it on tv or not)

oh and you can also get autographs at cinci when the players go to the cars, and kim signed a ton of autographs for people then too! she probably stayed out ther longer than lleyton :lol: i thought that was really great of her to sign so many when she wasnt' even playing.

lleykifanatic
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Hey! I did see 2 girls with signs on tv! So i think one of them was you.

Dannithesnail
Aug 12th, 2004, 06:44 AM
thanks for sharing that story :angel: :)

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:10 AM
sounds great :yeah: :angel:

oh btw, you should send that picture to wtatour.com, there's a section in fan corner where they show one pic every week of someone with his/her Player!

lovekimmie
Aug 12th, 2004, 11:48 AM
hey, i just saw this picture on lleyt's official website girls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recognise it??????

http://img33.exs.cx/img33/6933/5FridayQuarterHewittFans.jpg

fifiricci
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:30 PM
hey, i just saw this picture on lleyt's official website girls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recognise it??????

http://img33.exs.cx/img33/6933/5FridayQuarterHewittFans.jpg
Good job Kim isnt the jealous type! She could get one of these T shirts, but I fear they are not low cut enough for Kimmy these days :p

mackiec4
Aug 12th, 2004, 02:54 PM
HAHAHA...yeah, thats us...the guy who took that told us he was sending it to "some people in australia" b/c they would love it lol. too bad you can't see the backs...we had the australian flag on it, and they looked really good!

ace4lleykim
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:27 PM
hey everyone! i'm not really sure where i should post this since i dont come here that often, but i have story/encounter about kim...

my friends and i were able to get our picture taken with Kim after lleytons 1st round match in Cincinnati last week! it was after the match, and everyone was running down to try and get lleytons autograph, but since we didn't have any markers (and we also already had lleytons autrgraph :p ), we decided to stay back and see if we could get a picture with kim. she looked like she was kinda in a hurry when she was leaving the match, but we asked and she said sure! one of the people she was with even took the picture for us! i was really expecting her to say no since there were so many pepole around, but she was really nice about it :) the funny part is we were wearing "i love lleyton" shirts and held signs during the match. so we felt kinda dumb asking kim for a picture, but she obviously didn't mind
(we were also at lleytons match against Marat....and the camera was on us a lot, so if you saw 2 girls with lleyton signs/shirts, let me know! we weren't sure if we made it on tv or not)

oh and you can also get autographs at cinci when the players go to the cars, and kim signed a ton of autographs for people then too! she probably stayed out ther longer than lleyton :lol: i thought that was really great of her to sign so many when she wasnt' even playing.

Wow, Kim really want to be low profile, but she obviously can't. :lol: People still want her autographs, even when she's not playing. :lol: Kim is really nice, so she mostly says "yes" to her or Lleyts' fans.:angel:

ace4lleykim
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:28 PM
HAHAHA...yeah, thats us...the guy who took that told us he was sending it to "some people in australia" b/c they would love it lol. too bad you can't see the backs...we had the australian flag on it, and they looked really good!

Hey which one is you? :confused:

mackiec4
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:11 PM
i'm on the right, not the best picture but oh well :) maybe my picture with kim will turn out a little better :P she has always been one of my favorites, but now i'd say she is my number 1 on the womens side

ace4lleykim
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Hey, mackiec4, is there any chance that you can post your pic posed with Kim? We really wanna see it. You don't have to if you want to keep it as your personal. :)

mackiec4
Aug 16th, 2004, 09:26 PM
we took it on my friend's (the other girl in the picture) camera, and i know its not digital and she hasn't gotten them developed yet. but when she does (hopefully soon! lol) i'll try and get it scanned and post it on here for sure! it might take some time, but i'll probably get it up here eventually.
-Mackenzie

ace4lleykim
Aug 16th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks so much Mackie! :hearts: Can't wait.

KaseyL
Nov 26th, 2004, 11:29 AM
*bump* :angel:

Kim has given a racket to charity Child Focus for auction :cool:
(again in fact: for the 1st? one for Child Focus see Axel's post earlier this year)

The bidding started yesterday (last time I checked there were 31 biddings so far and, standings at € 401) and is running till December the 5th!

You can look at the item here: http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2917&item=7116831228&rd=1

If you'd like to know what kind of charity Child Focus is; you can visit their website: www.childfocus.be (http://www.childfocus.be/) :cool:

Kim's racket will be auctioned along other belongings of famous people: like Justine f.i. (her stuff is doing very well btw an outfit stands at € 1004) , or a dress from Céline Dion,...

So, everyone out there with money to spend and looking for an exclusive gift or something, whatever your reason, go and bid! It's for a good cause!

(There are cheaper things too on that auction: so if you're looking for a gift and don't have the $ for the high flyers - as most people won't - , do check though: maybe you'll find something affordable for this charity supported by Kim. )

crazzzy_grrl
Nov 26th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the news Ingrid

If only i had that kinda money to spend :D

Yasmine
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Great idea Ingrid I'll definitely take some time to go and have a look! :)
(not that I have any hope of finding sth I can afford tho :tape: )

KaseyL
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Update re Kim's racket on ebay for charity:

The auction is over now. The highest bidding was € 600, which means that the minimum price they wanted to get, wasn't reached...

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Dec 10th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Update re Kim's racket on ebay for charity:

The auction is over now. The highest bidding was € 600, which means that the minimum price they wanted to get, wasn't reached...pff, must be really disappointing for them !
and surprising to IMO! wasn't there a racket of Kim auctionned last year that went like over € 2000?

EDIT: it was € 11 250 :eek:
(and yes, that is 14 889 US $ and 19 837 AUS $!!! ;))

ace4lleykim
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Wow, that's a shame it's only 600. Maybe there wasn't too many ppl know about this auction, maybe? :shrug:

Brαm
Dec 10th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Just €600? :(
I didn't know Kimfans were such cheapskates :p :o

lovekimmie
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:18 PM
yeah, .... big shame!!! :banghead: i mean ... even i could've bought it for that price! :cuckoo:

KaseyL
Dec 31st, 2004, 12:50 AM
A new charity auction with some Kim stuff in it:

Source: Indian Express, Dec. 30, 2004

Tennis gear to go under hammer for tsunami aid

http://www.indianexpress.com/grfx/trans.gifby Micky Aigner
http://www.indianexpress.com/grfx/trans.gif

PUNE, DECEMBER 29: Still reeling from the impact of the tsunami, Chennai is, however, gearing up for the ATP event scheduled for next week. And kicking off the tournament — the only ATP event in South Asia — will be a high-profile charity auction of high-profile sports-related items.

Sunday’s auction, a day before the event proper, will see bidding for memorabilla ranging from a Fila cap signed by Jennifer Capriati, T-shirts signed by Belgium’s Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne, Spain’s Carlos Moya (a participant at the ATP meet), and Lleyton Hewitt.

Bidding will probably be the highest for a copy of Sports Illustrated signed by Maria Sharapova. Or perhaps, for the more serious tennis buffs, a Wilson racket signed by Venus Williams.

It’s not just tennis fans who’ll be interested. There’s a lot of golf to go under the hammer as well: a cap signed by Vijay Singh, a shirt and hat signed by Annika Sorenstam, and a hat signed by Sorenstam, Jesper Parnevik and Retief Goosen. The auction is being handled by event promoters International Management Group (IMG). ‘‘We are trying our bit to help’’, IMG’s Ravi Krishnan told The Indian Express. ‘‘It’s our way of paying tribute.’’

Yasmine
Dec 31st, 2004, 01:09 AM
:yeah:

teigetje
Dec 31st, 2004, 05:23 PM
A new charity auction with some Kim stuff in it:

T-shirts signed by Belgium’s Kim Clijsters [/b]and Justine Henin-Hardenne, Spain’s Carlos Moya (a participant at the ATP meet), and Lleyton Hewitt. [/font]

That's our Kimmie http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_17_206.gif

Thanks for the article Kasey!! :kiss:

Brαm
Jan 5th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Has Kim donated for Asia yet? Well she already has probably (unofficially), but is she selling a racket on ebay or something? :)

fifiricci
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I think she says on her website she is donating the shirt she wore when she won the Proximus Diamond Games in 2004 (signed of course)?

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I think she says on her website she is donating the shirt she wore when she won the Proximus Diamond Games in 2004 (signed of course)?she is, and this year at the Diamond Games, there will be a shirt or a racket auctionned everyday from one of the players...

Grohl
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Has Kim donated for Asia yet? Well she already has probably (unofficially), but is she selling a racket on ebay or something? :)
Kim has donated 10.000euro to a project in bree for an orphanage in india.
She is supporting this project and will bring it to the attention of people at the pdg!

KaseyL
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:17 PM
This was posted in the non tourney news and as it belongs in here too, I'm reposting it here:

Thanks for this news! :kiss:

the outfit from kim is already at 3.333 euro at the auction for india!

:bounce:

KaseyL
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:21 PM
and some more news that belongs in here too, posted by Naomi today :kiss: :

Datum : 03/02/2005
Titel : Voorwerpen BV's brengen al 26.000 euro op voor tsoenami-slachtoffersDe internetveiling met voorwerpen van bekende Vlamingen, ten voordele van de kindslachtoffers van de tsoenami in Zuidoost-Azië, heeft tot nu toe al meer dan 26.000 euro opgebracht. Dat is donderdag bekendgemaakt.
Kunstkenner Jan Hoet en zangeres Tonya stelden donderdag tijdens een persontmoeting nieuwe voorwerpen voor. Hoet bracht een 17de eeuws poeder- en snuifdoosje mee uit zijn persoonlijke collectie evenals een zelf geschreven en gehandtekend boek. Tonya bood het kleedje aan waarmee ze deelnam aan "Eurosong voor Kids".
Op deze voorwerpen kan vanaf donderdag geboden worden via www.yezz.be (http://www.yezz.be/). Een shirt en tennisracket van Kim Clijsters leverden tot nu toe het hoogste bedrag op: samen 5.833 euro.

De veiling wordt op 25 februari afgesloten met een slotavond in Vilvoorde. De opbrengst gaat naar SOS Kinderdorpen, dat de kindslachtoffers van de zeebeving en vloedgolven in Zuidoost-Azië opvangt.http://www.hbvl.be/vindzoek/archief/Artikel_detail.asp?id={3E0F5724-3D93-4E2A-BDB4-9C55D2DB8295}&check=online

It says that the shirt and a racket of Kim is bringing in the most at the moment: 5.833 euro so far. :bounce:

Grohl
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:29 PM
the account that was started up for the orphanage in india which kim is supporting is at 50.000euro at this moment, hope it gets a lot more!

Grohl
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:16 AM
the account that was started up for the orphanage in india which kim is supporting is at 50.000euro at this moment, hope it gets a lot more!
it's up to 80.000€ already!
where is the thread I started about this project?
The project buba en batma will be getting a website soon, I'll keep you all posted when it gets online!

bubabatma
Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:42 PM
http://www.bubabatma.org

Grohl
Mar 12th, 2005, 02:33 AM
the benefit for buba en batma has been a great succes. The auction from pieces of art has brought up 25050€! Kim's dad was there, and when kim's outfit was being auctioned, he threw in a pair of kim's shoes and a signed t-shirt from lleyton.

Yasmine
Mar 12th, 2005, 09:30 AM
very good Saar! :bounce:

~|Naomi|~
Mar 12th, 2005, 01:29 PM
A signed t-shirt from Lleyton? WTF? That has to be old how else would she have got it if they haven't spoken in awhile.

Yasmine
Mar 12th, 2005, 01:37 PM
A signed t-shirt from Lleyton? WTF? That has to be old how else would she have got it if they haven't spoken in awhile.
hihi same thought I had ;) great minds think alike :devil:

Grohl
Mar 12th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Did I say it was a new shirt?
Lei said that he found it somewhere in the laundry! :D

Yasmine
Mar 12th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Well who cares where it was from, it raised a lot of money for the orphanage and that's what counts ;)

lovekimmie
Mar 12th, 2005, 03:11 PM
an old one or a new one :D works for me!!!!! ;)

:kiss:

Yasmine
Mar 12th, 2005, 03:27 PM
an old one or a new one :D works for me!!!!! ;)
naughty you Kattie :devil: :cool:

Hagar
Mar 12th, 2005, 03:54 PM

Sounds like Lei is busy cleaning out the last reminders of Mr Hewitt's passage in Bree! :devil:
Next are the fur kangoroos he gave each year to Kim's grandma as an New Year's gift! :p

Yasmine
Mar 12th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Next are the fur kangoroos he gave each year to Kim's grandma as an New Year's gift! :p
:haha: I bet these have already been burnt in the fireplace :p

->EM<-
Mar 12th, 2005, 05:46 PM
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeej :bounce:
i'm so happy that the benefit went well...;)

~|Naomi|~
Mar 13th, 2005, 09:58 AM

No you didn't say it was an old one either though, I was just making a comment.

Grohl
Mar 13th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I guess they're making the house(s) Lleyton-free

Grohl
Mar 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM
the benefit has raised about 35000€, but still counting!

-Em-
Mar 17th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Kim on Lena D:

KIM CLIJSTERS: But it was, you know, good to see that Elena, you know, is playing good, as well. You know, I've always -- you know, I've known her for a very long time, played Juniors against her, played doubles in the French Open finals against her. So, you know, we go way back. No, she's a good girl. Yeah, no, I look forward to playing her. It's been a while since I've been able to play against those hard-hitters, I guess, so I'm looking forward to it.

KIM CLIJSTERS: I think so. I think I've actually seen her, you know, get better over the last couple of years, I guess. I've seen her be more confident on the court. I think that's maybe what was maybe a little bit of her problem in the past is that, you know -- I saw her play a few of the other Russian girls where she was struggling sometimes against other Russian girls. And now, you know, she's doing her thing on the court. You know, she fights unbelievably well, and she doesn't miss.

Yasmine
Mar 17th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Very true Skaya, and go and have a look on this thread in GM http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=156291&page=1&pp=20
Lena fans being really nice, it just prove how much she was missed and how much she's appreciated in the tennis world ;)

-Em-
Mar 17th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Very true Skaya, and go and have a look on this thread in GM http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=156291&page=1&pp=20
Lena fans being really nice, it just prove how much she was missed and how much she's appreciated in the tennis world ;)

nice players usually have nice fanbase :D
lena's fans are really nice, a bit fanatic sometimes, \but still nice ;)

teigetje
Apr 8th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Nadine has put this article in the 'official' KC forum -> I hope you don't mind me posting it here Nadine :kiss:
http://img223.exs.cx/img223/2189/gwenny6qx.jpg

This is what it says:

"I immediately am going to take lessons"

GERAARDSBERGEN - The 7 year old Gwenny Wynant from Geraardsbergen has an unbelievalbe vacation souvenir. Together with her parents, Gwenny was on vacation in Miami, and she saw Kim Clijsters shine on the Key Biscane tournament. "In her final again Sharapova I've cheered so much for Kim that she gave me her racket afterwards. I've never played tennis before, but I'm going to take lessons immediately".

Gwenny is still impressed by her gift. Just like her daddy Erik and her mummy Sylvie. "Also because it wasn't just the racket", says daddy Erik. "The whole tournament the Clijsters family gave us some unforgetable moments. It start last week on Monday, in the match against the Russian Myskina. We never saw Kim play live, and since we were in Miami, we went to see the game. It was great. Afterwards we went to the players exit, hoping to see Kim there. Kim didn't show up. Here mother did come. To our surprise she asked us our mobile phone number and said Kim was going to call us after she had her massage. We didn't believe much of it, but on hour later we got a phone call. Kim!! She wanted to meet us in the stadion. She took a lot of time for us, posed with the kids for some pic's, gave autographs ... Unbelievable. While we were complete straigers for her. We never saw 1 game of her, and weren't part of her fanclub. Just fellow Belgians."
"After this we kept on gong to Kim's games. After the semifinal, she threw a ball to my son Bryan (14)".

And then the 'cherry on the cake' sorry I'm to tired to try and find another way to translate 'orgelpunt' :) still had to come.

"When Kim won the finale, we went downstairs they sat high in the audience. Kim wasing giving interviews on the field, but she interrupted them to wave to us in a friendly way. When all those obligations where finished, she walked down to her tennisbag and got the racket out. She just gave it to Gwenny. We were stunned :eek:. During the game Kim broke a racket, she could just as easily give us the broken racket. But no: she gave Gwenny the perfect racket, which she used to score the match point. Which other world player would do such a thing?"

"I recently heard that one of her rackets was auctioned 5,500 € for charity, but we'll never get rid of the racket. It'll get a place on the wall (in a frame).
Can you believe he haven't lost track of it since the final on Saterday?"

"Even on the way home, the racket was on my lap in the plane", says Gwenny. "My friends at school are going to be sooooooooo jealous!" Not only her friends at school :angel:

Please don't mind the spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm to tired to think :) - urgently need to go to bed :)

tfannis
Apr 9th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Thanx for posting :)

:worship: Kim
Another children's heart stolen :D

I must say the phone call impresses me more than the racket...which player would call complete strangers? :eek:

xin_hui
Apr 9th, 2005, 05:17 AM
:worship: kim is so fantastic!:worship:

Kimikim
Apr 9th, 2005, 06:56 AM
:drool: nice Kim! Maybe we should open a Kim's fans club for kids!:p

Yasmine
Apr 9th, 2005, 07:29 AM
That is a great story!!! :worship:

Joanna
Apr 9th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Wow! That's so nice! I wish it could happen to me!! :D

Come-on-kim
Apr 9th, 2005, 07:57 AM
What's their address :angel: I am going to Geraardsbergen this afternoon :angel: Holy shit, they are so lucky!! Well that feels good to know that 3km from where I am sleeping, Kim's racket is hanging on the wall :D

leigh
Apr 9th, 2005, 08:52 AM
wow kim is really nice. i can't say anything more. i think i saw a picture while she is giving the racket to the kid i just can't remember where but now i will try to find it again.