PDA

View Full Version : Russian federation special requests from Israel about Sharapova...

itzhak
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
The preperations for the debut of Sharapova in the fed cup clash against Israel are now getting intensive.
Today, The Russian federation sent to Israel their demands for their main star, Maria Sharapova: Personal guarding not only in the stadium as it is written in the international requirement but 24/7. in addition, they declared that she will not give any interviews for the local media except the formal press conference.
These demands are only relating to Maria Sharapova, not for the other members of the Russian team.:cool:

http://www.nrg.co.il/online/3/ART1/680/132.html (Hebrew)

frenchie
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:40 PM
This is just why the other russian players hate her!!!

franny
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Well, no offense but if ANYONE is going to be a target during that week in Israel, it would be her. Kuznetsova aint even willing to go down there to play. Diva-like or not, its always better to be safe than to be sorry.

Helaena
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM
"better to be safe than to be sorry" spot on franny :yeah:

plantman
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Well, no offense but if ANYONE is going to be a target during that week in Israel, it would be her. Kuznetsova aint even willing to go down there to play. Diva-like or not, its always better to be safe than to be sorry.

:yeah:

Princeza
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM

:worship:

Destiny
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM
omg

saniapower
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM

:yeah:

Slumpsova
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:57 PM
another drama queen :rolleyes:
she isn't Condi Rice. she doesn't need that kinda of protection :o

justine schnyder
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Well I see that Sweet cleopatra's message was deleted..
Thank god, she should be ashamed of what she wrote.
In MTF they banned a user for saying something in that subject..

Craigy
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I can't believe @Sweet Cleopatra didn't get at least a suspension for that post while others get suspended for so called 'spam' and being 'annoying'. It's a joke. :help:

Babolatpro880
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Well I see that Sweet cleopatra's message was deleted..
Thank god, she should be ashamed of what she wrote.
In MTF they banned a user for saying something in that subject..

Well, I know Sweet Cleopatra was reported for that post by at least one person.

Hopefully all the players are safe and the tie goes off without a hitch.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I don't believe that , they're team , they are going alltogether ,

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I didn't mean to offence any one ,

Tennisstar86
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:25 PM
sweet cleo has become more and more a crazy fan this year as Maria's game has gone down hill... sad to see really..

justine schnyder
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I didn't mean to offence any one ,

I'm glad :)

Anyway, I don't know how it will be, but this is what she wants..No wonder actually the others don't like her too much,,
She also get a Wolkswagon car for this weekend

schorsch
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Why would she want that if she can get a LandRover for free anywhere she is ? :p

I agree : better safe than sorry.

Slumpsova
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Why would she want that if she can get a LandRover for free anywhere she is ? :p

I agree : better safe than sorry.
she might be targeted again @ Beijing. if her star power is the case, nowhere is safe for her. so why bother going out?

Mikey B
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
please that is a perfectly normal thing to request!! i thought it was gonna be something ridiculous like certain type of water that she must drink or an exact temperature her hotel room must be!!! lol! i dont think its a big deal at all... its not as if she does press anywhere else in the world other than press conferences at events...

Wiggly
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm sure Israeli authorites wants to avoid any incident with the Russian team.

go_russia
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:40 PM
pathetic girl ...

Danči Dementia
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:43 PM

so only her with security yes that is great!!! :rolleyes:.....let the others be attacked when the attackers see they canīt do something to Sharapova because of the security all over her.....

I think she will get injured again 2 days before playing anyway

:o:o

Sean.
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:46 PM
What did Sweet Cleopatra say?

I support all the security, the whole better safe than sorry...

but what about all the other girls? Surely they deserve protection too!

Danči Dementia
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Anyways I hope the Russian team will be Ok with no problems

Uranium
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
:spit:DRAMA QUEEN AND A DIVA ALERT.

Russianboy
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
what did sweet cleo say? :p

hotandspicey
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah. What did sweet cleo say? I hope the rest of the Russian team withdraws unless they all get the same treatment/protection. Their lives are just as valuable as Sharapova's.

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:10 PM
He accused Israelis of violent acts that I won't repeat.

Slumpsova
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:12 PM
she :)

Trina
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:15 PM

This is a very tactful way of putting it but anyway, the post(s) have been deleted and hopefully won't be repeated. Let's move on...

DimaDinosaur
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:18 PM
why are so nuts?

saint2
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Well, no offense but if ANYONE is going to be a target during that week in Israel, it would be her.

And thats should make haters sitting quiet.

cypher_88
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:33 PM

can't wait to hear that Venus or Serena are going to Iraq on holiday unguarded:lick:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I'm usually the last person to defend Sharapova but it does make sense to get her extra protection

No offense to any Israelis on here but the fans over there seem a little crazy :tape: I remember watching Britain play Israel in Israel and the fans were so disrespectful-even more so than the French :p

They should probably get extra protection for the whole team but Sharapova is the biggest star in the tie-if she goes...

sharapovarulz1
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:40 PM

Well said! :D

Uranium
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:53 PM
can't wait to hear that Venus or Serena are going to Iraq on holiday unguarded:lick:

that's not funny, i'm against the war.:rolleyes:

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:03 PM
why dont they play the ties where they know there is maybe gonna be a problem on neutural soil. why dont we have the fed cup a 2 week competition where its hosted in 1 place for the 2 weeks. i hate its current format.

Uranium
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:04 PM
why did they cancel Anda Open but have Fed Cup?

Jovana.
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM

:worship::worship: very true :hug:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM
He .

merry christmas goldenlux , you know I didn't make any thing to you but you keep saying about me a man , and there's no way to prove that I'm a girl on a computer whatever I said , so why don't you talk about me as a girl even if you don't bielive that cause it's really annoying when someone says something not true about yourself and repeat it several times , although you said to him it's not true more than one time ,

jackbauer
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I don't believe that , they're team , they are going alltogether ,

That's what i've thought...

Claudio :wavey::wavey:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:31 PM
That's what i've thought...

Claudio :wavey::wavey:

I thoght at the first time I saw your posts with claudio and a wavey that claudio means bye , not your name that you sign by it ,
why're you always say your name at the end ,

Jovana.
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, that was a post by someone who wants to be banned, so they should ban him/her

I'm pretty shure it's her :tape:

Dan23
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:46 PM
This is nothing unusual.

another drama queen :rolleyes:
she isn't Condi Rice. she doesn't need that kinda of protection :oHow would you know whether she needs extra protection....from what ive read theres been incidents where she could have done with extra protection in the US and UK let alone in Israel.

pathetic girl ...please explain

can't wait to hear that Venus or Serena are going to Iraq on holiday unguarded:lick:exactly

Uranium
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:58 PM
This is nothing unusual.

How would you know whether she needs extra protection....from what ive read theres been incidents where she could have done with extra protection in the US and UK let alone in Israel.

please explain

exactly

Maria won't do interviews, come on, that's a BIG diva

The Jabberwock
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I'm usually the last person to defend Sharapova but it does make sense to get her extra protection

No offense to any Israelis on here but the fans over there seem a little crazy :tape: I remember watching Britain play Israel in Israel and the fans were so disrespectful-even more so than the French :p

They should probably get extra protection for the whole team but Sharapova is the biggest star in the tie-if she goes...

Sure. We are crazy. Be careful :spit: :bolt: :banghead: :smash: :bowdown: :dance: :bigwave: :ras: :silly: :nerner: :cuckoo: :rocker2: :rocker: :banana:
It was a Davis cup and the Israeli croud is used to provide his players some home feeling.
It will probably be the same in this Fed Cup tie against Russia.

why did they cancel Anda Open but have Fed Cup?

Because WTA has new demands for more money in order to make the tournament happen more than once. Lack of money is the only reason it was canceled.:sad:

At least we are going to have some real matches while the russians are here. :wavey:

alwayshingis
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Perfectly normal.

This is only news because it is Maria doing it.

UDACHi
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:29 PM
that's not funny, i'm against the war.:rolleyes:

you are really maknig a name for yourself as one of the biggest idiots on the board. :spit:

people will use any excuse to hate, it's whatever. any sane person as famous as maria would want body guards. :shrug: i'm not sure that elena vesnina really has a level of fame where body guards would be a necessity.
good on maria for playing fed cup.

Harvs
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:43 PM
fair enough... she would be a big target...

pepsi
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:58 PM
What a diva :rolleyes: But it doesn't matter really. Sharapova is just preparing for the "I fear for my security" excuse to skip the Fed Cup anyway.

serenus_2k8
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Why is Israel particularly dangerous..I dont get it!? :eek:

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I agree. Sharapova plays in Dubai and Doha. US and Russia. Singapore and Hong Kong.
Korea and China. Thailand and New York City :eek:
Why is Israel being treated as the dangerous country?

spiritedenergy
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:10 AM
...;12245565']fair enough... she would be a big target...

a big target for what? Being raped?:tape:

she's just a shameless diva...:help:

Volcana
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:14 AM
And if I'm the Israelis, I just say no. That way, the Russians are without their two top players.

Matt01
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:14 AM

she :)

It :)

Dan23
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Why is Israel particularly dangerous..I dont get it!? :eek:
These precautions are unlikely to be much different to those that would be taken for Maria regardless of where they played. Its just that this was posted here when usually no-one would hear of it.

Dan23
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:20 AM

Are you able to be sensible for just 1 post?
A girl like Maria would be an extremely easy target if she wasnt protected. She has the tennis to worry about and doesnt need harassment.

spiritedenergy
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Are you able to be sensible for just 1 post?
A girl like Maria would be an extremely easy target if she wasnt protected. She has the tennis to worry about and doesnt need harassment.

but target of what??? Is there a war in Israel? I don't think so. And terrorist attacks to a precise one tennis player??? How can they happen only to her and not to others who are with her? This is desrespectful for Israel security and her team.

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:27 AM
How about she just shows up and plays.
Does she ask the mayor of NYC for a bodyguard?
Just bring your own bodyguard, if you feel you're so much more threatened than Anna, or Shahar..

Dan23
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:32 AM
How about she just shows up and plays.
Does she ask the mayor of NYC for a bodyguard?
Just bring your own bodyguard.
Geez...its standard procedure that the organisation hosting the event provides adequate security as requested by the competing teams. This is nothing unusual. Speaking of divas, some people here are ridiculous and fail to understand even simple things.

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:34 AM
If she's asking for her own 24/7 bodyguard, then it is unusual.
And it's the taxpayers who have to pay for it.
Why is she asking for anything special? Just show up and play. It would be the first time she ever played, if it happens.

Dan23
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:40 AM
If she's asking for her own 24/7 bodyguard, then it is unusual.
And it's the taxpayers who have to pay for it.
Why is she asking for anything special? Just show up and play. It would be the first time she ever played, if it happens.
24/7 security is not unusual in international sport...especially when its played in areas where there has been trouble.
It wouldnt be different if it was her 3432432th time playing either.

serenus_2k8
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:40 AM
She has the right to safety, as do all the other players.

As for not giving interviews...Grow up. Some actually regard it as an honour to represent their country :rolleyes: Come on Maria...

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Why should she be asking for anything that Anna doesn't get also?
This is a team event.
If you need extra security, bring your own.
And who cares about her press conferences.

itzhak
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Geez...its standard procedure that the organisation hosting the event provides adequate security as requested by the competing teams. This is nothing unusual. Speaking of divas, some people here are ridiculous and fail to understand even simple things.

When I published this report, I didn't knew how people will respond. I think that people didn't read the report but only the title...In the end, somebody understood the report well....:worship:

so basically:
1. It is not because terror, nothing to do because it is middle east.
2. The request was for PERSONAL bodyguards in contrast to the team guards as it is happens all over the world.
3. Maria have bodyguards everywhere. there is nothing special beside that she will have different type of security, as she have all over the world.

ilovethewilliams
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Well what kind of protection does sharapova gets in russia.. I hear they are breaking into tennis stars houses with guns tieing up people and taking money.

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Do you expect people to learn Hebrew to read your link. I read what u wrote

These demands are only relating to Maria Sharapova, not for the other members of the Russian team

Wiggly
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Why should she be asking for anything that Anna doesn't get also?
This is a team event.
If you need extra security, bring your own.
And who cares about her press conferences.

Anna Anna Anna Anna Anna Anna.
Two others players will also compete.
And yes, Maria has reason to believe she's more at risk than Anna.

itzhak
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Do you expect people to learn Hebrew to read your link. I read what u wrote

These demands are only relating to Maria Sharapova, not for the other members of the Russian team

Not the hebrew link, the english summary. it is very clear.
The other players hardly have bodyguards all over the year.

Yes, I think that the special sutuation might complicate the relationship within the russian team but the relationship of Maria with the other russian players is well known subject without this issue...

serenus_2k8
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Do they all hate Masha?

Dan23
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Cant see how it would affect the relationship between the players. Theyre big girls now and would be used this sort of thing, you'd think the others would be happy to be a position to not require their own bodyguards 24/7. Its not like the rest are going to be left out in the dark without any security anyway.

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Would they let her run around the court carrying the flag with them if they hate Sharapova?
Sharapova wasn't even on the team, never has been on the team, and they let her run around the court with them.

Dan23
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Do they all hate Masha?
Yea theyre all plotting to knock her off anyday now :)

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Do they all hate Masha?Maybe she needs 24/7 security to protect her from the Russian Fed Cup team.

serenus_2k8
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Yea theyre all plotting to knock her off anyday now :)

Aahh great! :)

I remember someones signature was Dementieva saying about Mashas screams and how shes not Russian :confused:

I wouldnt blame them for disliking her tbh, no offence to her fans, but I dont imagine her to be a team player. :lick:

Dan23
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I remember someones signature was Dementieva saying about Mashas screams and how shes not Russian :confused:
I wouldnt believe a lot of things you read in some peoples signatures :o

serenus_2k8
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:33 AM
I wouldnt believe a lot of things you read in some peoples signatures :o

Well I do know that they were never friends so..... :o

arbalest
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:58 AM

Don't forget that a guy has already been banned from WTA for threatening to kill Maria and Eisenbud. Also, she had another stalker problem at 2005 Wimbly. I can't really believe the lack of imagination in these "diva" threads. Your life would be very different if you had to experience death threats and stalkers.

franny
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:09 AM
so only her with security yes that is great!!! :rolleyes:.....let the others be attacked when the attackers see they canīt do something to Sharapova because of the security all over her.....

I think she will get injured again 2 days before playing anyway

:o:o

Nowhere does it say that she is the ONLY one with security. She is the only one with 24/7 security, and she is the only one who needs it. Resources are limited, and you have to spread them strategically - the ones who need more protection gets more protection, the ones who don't don't. It's not about being overly dramatic or saying one's safety is more important than others. It's saying that since it is MORE likely that Sharapova will be targeted, it is more economical and efficient if more guards were placed on her where others will get less. The motive behind any terrorist attack is not necessarily that they want to just take down somebody. It's that they want the act to garner attention, and harming or more likely kidnapping an international figure like Sharapova, who is worth millions, will accomplish that better than say kidnapping the number 20th ranked player in the world who most people don't know about. If attackers are going to spend the money, expertise and time to collaborate an attack, it will be at someone who will get them what they want. Thus, the special request is just good sense and being smart. Anyone who complains about it or opposes it must lack the education and understanding of basic terrorist psychology and everyday economics.

Slumpsova
Jan 7th, 2008, 06:15 AM
bullshit. the only dangerous place for Maria is wtaworld.com :devil:

Brett.
Jan 7th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I thoght at the first time I saw your posts with claudio and a wavey that claudio means bye , not your name that you sign by it ,
why're you always say your name at the end ,

Shut up, @SweetMoron. Why does everything has to be about you? :wavey:

s_j
Jan 7th, 2008, 10:52 AM

No. The only dangerous places for Maria are the Atlantic and northwestern Pacific Oceans. I hear there is a lot of tuna there.

vutt
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I wonder whats the theory behind "not give any interviews for the local media". I guess local journalists may attack her or something.

Russianboy
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM
people shouldnt attack her, expacially the williams fans :tape:
cuz when serena arrived at stuttgart she had a bodyguard around her all the time execpt when she was in her hotel room.
At least I knew him so he let me into a private tennis hall where serena was training :)

serenus_2k8
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Serena has more haters than Sharapova...

Sharapova is just attention seeking. Dont give her the attention she wants tbh.

Russianboy
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Serena has more haters than Sharapova...

Sharapova is just attention seeking. Dont give her the attention she wants tbh.

that's why maria was voted for "most searched athlete 2007" cuz she is searching for attaention.

u little wannabe pocahontas should better be careful with these statements

Slumpsova
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM
people shouldnt attack her, expacially the williams fans :tape:
cuz when serena arrived at stuttgart she had a bodyguard around her all the time execpt when she was in her hotel room.
At least I knew him so he let me into a private tennis hall where serena was training :)
Serena has some rights bc the organizer paid her to be there. she can demand whatever she wants :) noone forced Sharadiva go to Israel. she is willing to do it. so shut up :p

Russianboy
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Serena has some rights bc the organizer paid her to be there. she can demand whatever she wants :) noone forced Sharadiva go to Israel. she is willing to do it. so shut up :p

well she has the right to do that. if u have a problem with that u can call her a diva. do u think she gets hurt if someone like u tell her she is a diva. but wait. u will never get to talk to her, cuz before that some bodyguard will poke ur ass, ops :lol:

Slumpsova
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:02 PM
that's why maria was voted for "most searched athlete 2007" cuz she is searching for attaention.

u little wannabe pocahontas should better be careful with these statements
yeah, the most searched athlete is targeted by terrorist bc she is the next President of the United States. that's why she needs to be very careful in Israel :o

Russianboy
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM
yeah, the most searched athlete is targeted by terrorist bc she is the next President of the United States. that's why she needs to be very careful in Israel :o

looks like she's very popular there...
why did the organization promote her already months before she will arrive there?

Slumpsova
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:05 PM
well she has the right to do that. if u have a problem with that u can call her a diva. do u think she gets hurt if someone like u tell her she is a diva. but wait. u will never get to talk to her, cuz before that some bodyguard will poke ur ass, ops :lol:
why do i want to talk to her? i don't like her so why bother? :lol:
and i'm not kinda loser who trying so hard to get into the players' ass, oops :p

BTW i don't think she gets hurt by the diva comment even if i had a chance to say. every divas would love to be called that way :angel:

Dan23
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Serena has some rights bc the organizer paid her to be there. she can demand whatever she wants :) noone forced Sharadiva go to Israel. she is willing to do it. so shut up :pShe is going there to play tennis for the entertainment of the fans and in doing so allows the sponsors and tennis establishment in Israel to make money. She has the right to a safe trip, like anyone else does, and if the security is whats required then so be it.

and i'm not kinda loser who trying so hard to get into the players' ass, oops :p
but you are the kinda loser who abuses players you dont even know :o

Russianboy
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:13 PM

so why do u spend time talking shit about her? :lol:
u are ridiculous, are u not man enough to say it in her face? better u do it in a forum where nobody knows who u are and behave like a real loser lol
I dont have to insult any players, cuz I respect them and why should I insult someone like serena? I would have more reasons to insult her than you maria ;) serena said some bad things about maria and beat her two times extremely hard.
here we go. tell me sth why u should offend maria? did she say anything bad about ur fav? she didnt.
now thats a FACT that u are just jealous that maria gets more attention. thats why u guys offend maria all the time. u have to live with the fast that ur fav is not the best in every part.
but im sorry, maria is looking much better and is definitely someone who u can promote better.

well, but its kinda hilarious reading ur posts, but on the other hand i feel so sorry for u guys for being so poor :)

and well, I know some players not cuz I tried so hard. the reason is just that I have some contacts which let me know a lot of players and meet them.
wait, are u jealous?

Slumpsova
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:20 PM
so why do u spend time talking shit about her? :lol:
u are ridiculous, are u not man enough to say it in her face? better u do it in a forum where nobody knows who u are and behave like a real loser lol
I dont have to insult any players, cuz I respect them and why should I insult someone like serena? I would have more reasons to insult her than you ;) serena said some bad things about maria and beat her two times extremely hard.
here we go. tell me sth why u should offend maria? did she say anything bad about ur fav? she didnt.
now thats a FACT that u are just jealous that maria gets more attention. thats why u guys offend maria all the time. u have to live with the fast that ur fav is not the best in every part.
but im sorry, maria is looking much better and is definitely someone who u can promote better.

well, but its kinda hilarious reading ur posts, but on the other hand im so sorry for u for being so poor :)

and well, I know some players not cuz I tried so hard. the reason is just that I have some contacts which let me know a lot of players and meet them.
wait, are u jealous?
:lol:
i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to hurt your feeling. never ever known you would be this devastated :sad:
may i take the "loser" part back and we are ok? i didn't mean it really :hug:

you are a hottie so i don't wanna fight with you :wavey: :p

Russianboy
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:32 PM
:lol:
i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to hurt your feeling. never ever known you would be this devastated :sad:
may i take the "loser" part back and we are ok? i didn't mean it really :hug:

you are a hottie so i don't wanna fight with you :wavey: :p

u didnt hurt me. nobody can hurt me on a tennisboard :lol:

I just said what I thought and thats it.
Cuz sometimes its kinda annoying reading every time the same bull shit about mash. :p

Slumpsova
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:35 PM
u didnt hurt me. nobody can hurt me on a tennisboard :lol:

I just said what I thought and thats it.
Cuz sometimes its kinda annoying reading every time the same bull shit about mash. :p
so do i. that's why your last post was such a waste :p

Maria Croft
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think this is only logical really.

Ninny
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:19 PM

:spit: :tape:

Or Levy
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM

Why would anyone target her?

She's not Jewish, she's not Israeli - Crime wise, to comapre Israel to Russia or to the US is laughable, we have much lower crime percentage.

If a suicide bomber decide to target HER for a reason I can't quite grasp (and who would would want to piss off the Russians?), no bodyguards would stop him.

Or Levy
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Nowhere does it say that she is the ONLY one with security. She is the only one with 24/7 security, and she is the only one who needs it. Resources are limited, and you have to spread them strategically - the ones who need more protection gets more protection, the ones who don't don't. It's not about being overly dramatic or saying one's safety is more important than others. It's saying that since it is MORE likely that Sharapova will be targeted, it is more economical and efficient if more guards were placed on her where others will get less. The motive behind any terrorist attack is not necessarily that they want to just take down somebody. It's that they want the act to garner attention, and harming or more likely kidnapping an international figure like Sharapova, who is worth millions, will accomplish that better than say kidnapping the number 20th ranked player in the world who most people don't know about. If attackers are going to spend the money, expertise and time to collaborate an attack, it will be at someone who will get them what they want. Thus, the special request is just good sense and being smart. Anyone who complains about it or opposes it must lack the education and understanding of basic terrorist psychology and everyday economics.

You sound like you make a lot of sense, but you lack basic understanding about Israel, terorism in Israel vs Terrorism in other countries. Same as Sharapova, probably.

Assuming Maria doesn't intend to visit Gaza wearing "I love Israel" T-shirt, she can sleep easy, no one would kidnap her.

I'm more likely to get kidnapped in Russia than she's likely to get kidnapped in Israel, come on.

Israel (or terrorism in Israel) doesn't work like other countries, in the sense that international terrorism (Al Qaida style) hasn't really gotten here. We suffer from localized terrorism, due to our boarders (among other things) dispute with the Palastinians. Enterance to Israel is VERY carefully monitored, to say the least.

And if you think that any Palastianins terrorist organization would attempt to kidnap Sharapova than you don't know a thing about the middle east. They are trying to earn credibility with the west, that's unlikely to help them get it. Never mind that I assume security would be tight as it is, regardless of Pova's special demends.

And all of that has got nothing to do with her unwillingness to give even one single interview to the local press.

I just don't understand why OUR tennis federation has to pay for this shit.

Or Levy
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Not the hebrew link, the english summary. it is very clear.
The other players hardly have bodyguards all over the year.

Yes, I think that the special sutuation might complicate the relationship within the russian team but the relationship of Maria with the other russian players is well known subject without this issue...

So, when she's in the states she has 24/7 security? Same when she travels to tournaments? She has 24/7 bodygaurds?

If so, I take what I said earlier. I got the impression it was just for Israel.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM
You sound like you make a lot of sense, but you lack basic understanding about Israel, terorism in Israel vs Terrorism in other countries. Same as Sharapova, probably.

Assuming Maria doesn't intend to visit Gaza wearing "I love Israel" T-shirt, she can sleep easy, no one would kidnap her.

I'm more likely to get kidnapped in Russia than she's likely to get kidnapped in Israel, come on.

Israel (or terrorism in Israel) doesn't work like other countries, in the sense that international terrorism (Al Qaida style) hasn't really gotten here. We suffer from localized terrorism, due to our boarders (among other things) dispute with the Palastinians. Enterance to Israel is VERY carefully monitored, to say the least.

And if you think that any Palastianins terrorist organization would attempt to kidnap Sharapova than you don't know a thing about the middle east. They are trying to earn credibility with the west, that's unlikely to help them get it. Never mind that I assume security would be tight as it is, regardless of Pova's special demends.

And all of that has got nothing to do with her unwillingness to give even one single interview to the local press.

I just don't understand why OUR tennis federation has to pay for this shit.

the Palestinians are not terrorists ,

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
you should be all happy in Israel cause Masha is coming , and she didn't request the guards by her self , it's the Russian federation of tennis , and I think the article is not 100% right and also several death threats have been written on her official forums and she does that on any country ,

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I think they wants guards for all the team not only Sharapova ,
don't overract , she does that in Moscow too ,

justine schnyder
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:39 PM

I really think you shoul stop saying your opinion in that subject. Please!

Or Levy :worship: Thanks for all the explainations you do! :worship:

Slumpsova
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:43 PM
yesterday, in your deleted post, you said they are armed and dangerous (you even stated that they killed people) :o

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM
no I never said that tuna , you all understand me wrong yesterday ,

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I really think you shoul stop saying your opinion in that subject. Please!

when people stop saying about a whole group of people that they're terrorists , it's not right to say that ,

Slumpsova
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:55 PM
poor sweet cleo. sometimes you have to let it go :hug:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:56 PM
you should be all happy in Israel cause Masha is coming , and she didn't request the guards by her self , it's the Russian federation of tennis , and I think the article is not 100% right and also several death threats have been written on her official forums and she does that on any country ,

And why should they be happy? Because Sharapova is coming? Oh Please.. What a nonsense.

no I never said that tuna , you all understand me wrong yesterday ,
So, what did you mean?

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I hope Masha will win AO , that'll really make me very happy , and also win on the fed cup , imagine after 3 years she plays on fed cup and then loses ,

justine schnyder
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
when people stop saying about a whole group of people that they're terrorists , it's not right to say that ,

Listen Cleo, it's a controversial subject and I think you know it, you should stop talking about about it here..
All of the others posters don't tell here the politics opinions and I don't think you should or anyone else.
It just won't do any good.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:04 PM
okay,

Paul.be
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Listen Cleo, it's a controversial subject and I think you know it, you should stop talking about about it here..
All of the others posters don't tell here the politics opinions and I don't think you should or anyone else.
It just won't do any good.
This is a very complex situation going back to the Balfour Declaration and not created by either the Israelis or the Palestinians. This is not the place to discuss these things.

Slumpsova
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:16 PM
i agree so let's close this thread bf sweet cleo getting banned :lol:

justine schnyder
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM
This is a very complex situation going back to the Balfour Declaration and not created by either the Israelis or the Palestinians. This is not the place to discuss these things.

That's what I'm saying..Agree with you :)

Or Levy
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Of course not, and I was not trying to imply that, if my English got screwy, I apologize.

My point was basically that the Palestinians *who are terrorists*, have no interest in kidnapping Pova. This can only harm their cause.

I was just trying to point out the difference between the terrorism Israel deals with, and the other kind. Kidnapping of forgien celebrities who visit Israel just isn't something that happens here, so talks about terrorists that might kidnap Pova is just silly.

The only ones who get kidnapped here are Israeli soldiors and sometimes forgien press inside Gaza.

If Pova is worried about the fans, and has that type of security everywhere, than I have no problems with that - I just don't get why we have to foot the bill for that.

Edit:

Okay, I just noticed Sweetcleo flag, and I haven't before.

I did not mean to give offense or generalize in anyway, should have named the militant groups or something.

It's quite obvious, to me, at least - that most Palestinians are peace loving people and would like nothing more than some peace and quiet.

Just like us.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 7th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I'm not from Palestine Or Levy , I'm just putting the flag after I saw someone speaking on the bbc channel , you can put any flag on the forum , and you're very nice , but I don't understand why you and palsetinians are using two flags for the same country , you should make one flag and live together ,

Helaena
Jan 7th, 2008, 05:10 PM

:haha: :haha: good one tuna

*Jean*
Jan 7th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Superstar :eek:

Or Levy
Jan 7th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I'm not from Palestine Or Levy , I'm just putting the flag after I saw someone speaking on the bbc channel , you can put any flag on the forum , and you're very nice , but I don't understand why you and palsetinians are using two flags for the same country , you should make one flag and live together ,

Oh, I didn't realize you can put any flag.

We can move on to discuss this on private message, if you'd like - but your idea is nice on paper, and impossible in real life, I'm afraid.

Some people support this idea, but I feel IRL - it's destined to faliture.

Edward.
Jan 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Whats the big deal?

I don't blame her for wanting safety. Especially if some of the psychopaths from WTAWorld happen to be in Israel. :tape:

Craigy
Jan 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Whats the big deal?

I don't blame her for wanting safety. Especially if some of the psychopaths from WTAWorld happen to be in Israel. :tape:

:haha:

Or Levy
Jan 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Whats the big deal?

She would need airplugs, for the booing she'll get (and that little piece of info won't help her one bit) - not body gaurds.

Ninny
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM

Just STFU :mad::mad::mad:

justine schnyder
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
She would need airplugs, for the booing she'll get (and that little piece of info won't help her one bit) - not body gaurds.

Agree!

Whats the big deal?

:haha:
I hope I'm not considered as one of them ;)