PDA

View Full Version : how did Dominguez Lino perform when she used cocaine?

Slumpsova
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
back in 2002 i don't rememeber anything about her? :confused:

disco_rage
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM
When she tested positive, she admited that she had tried it at a party, she was young. she was stupid!

Sonf@
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:51 PM
she had passed the qualies and a round (beating Loit) at Bogota, her first wta main draw win ever. after that she did the same at porto and went a step further at estoril reaching the quarterfinals beating cristina torrens twice who was a top 40 player around that time.

BUT she tested positive at Acapulco, right after that Bogota tournament I was talking about. She won her first qualifying match but lost in the second :lol:

Slumpsova
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:52 PM
When she tested positive, she admited that she had tried it at a party, she was young. she was stupid!
and she got 3 months banned whil Martina got 2 years? :o
maybe if Martina admitted she did it on purpose, they will give her lighter punishment :rolleyes:

sweetpeas
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drake1980
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:58 PM
:eek:

Dawn Marie
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:01 PM
How did she get 3 months and Hingis 2 years? WTF is going o in the sport world???

disco_rage
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM
It was 6 months wasn't it?

juki
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I don't know if this is the case, but 3 or 4 years ago almost all sports increased the length of drug bans because of international pressure. Also a 2 yr ban (for first offense) is in line with other sports like Track & Field. Cycling, skiing, etc. I believe, and I might be wrong, that all these sports signed a charter or something that dealt with doping and laid out how long athletes must sit out. I also think the charter has something to do with Olympic sports or it was the Olympics that required sport bodies to sign it. I think I'll do some research on this now...

Pdm1987
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:44 PM
she was ranked about 158 at the time I think.

petkoan
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:46 PM

It's nothing different now with her.

franklinbouvier
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:54 PM
She kept taking bathroom breaks every ten minutes.

DimaDinosaur
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:34 PM
she's lucky she didn't get pregnant instead