PDA

View Full Version : The 5 players Davenport would like to avoid....

plantman
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
sorry if this has been posted before..
5:00AM Sunday January 06, 2008
By Michael Brown

Tennis: Davenport confident ahead of Australian Open

When the Australian Open draw is made next weekend, more than a few of the 128 candidates will hope they avoid Lindsay Davenport in the first round.

Even though the 31-year-old American is ranked 72 in the world and will be unseeded, the former No 1 is still one of the most dangerous players in women's tennis.

Davenport knows it. Winning three titles out of four tournaments since making a speedy comeback from giving birth to a first child, on top of the three grand slam titles she's collected in the past, tends to send that sort of warning out there.

"I definitely see myself as the biggest floater in the draw being unseeded," she said looking forward to the Australian Open. "I'm sure no one would be excited to get me in the first round."

The first grand slam of the year will provide everyone with the best gauge of how well her comeback has gone, not least of all Davenport. Despite her successes, she's only met one top-five player with a record of one win and one loss against world No 3 and 2007 ASB Classic champion Jelena Jankovic.

"It's hard to say [where my true ranking would be] because I've only played girls in the top 10 two or three times," Davenport said. "It will be a little bit easier to judge against someone in the top five.

"I feel like I'm up somewhere near the top. When you win three of the four tournaments you play and [make] the semis of the other, I think you're a legitimate contender.

" I would like to get to the quarter-finals. I don't know the level of the top girls and where I am compared to them - but I feel I'm better than a lot out there and I would like the opportunity to show that.

"There are about five girls I really don't want to get in the first round."

It's not hard to pick those five. Two of them have the surname Williams, while "one starts with an H and ends in an N," she said of world No 1 Justine Henin.'

Who are the other two?

Craigy
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Maybe Sharapova is one?

doni1212
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Ivanovic and Kuznetsova/Jankovic

Wiggly
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Ivanovic and Sharapova.

serenus_2k8
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I think I've read this before, but interesting article! I think we all agree she is the biggest 'floater' and none of us would want to see our faves against her in the first few rounds!

I wonder who the other two players are? Probs JJ because she lost to her?

Helaena
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
im guessing sharapova and ivanovic :)

gmokb
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I am not a Sharapova fan but I would think she is one of the five, the other being Jankovic. Lindsay situation brings back memories of last year with Serena. I only hope the end result is not the same but welcome back Lindsay.

In The Zone
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Sharapova and Schaul.

Lindsay forgot that after Schaul beat her, Schaul disappeared. Lindsay thinks Schaul is very highly ranked.

;) :p

Lindsay will beat anyone besides the big 3.

Ackms421
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:50 PM
About those 5 players though, she named the top 3. Those 3, of course, are the best in the world right now. It's a strong argument for anyone who would say the Williams' are not 2 of the 3 top contenders for any event they play.

danieln1
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Sharapova of course, then Ivanovic or Kuznetsova!

clonesheep
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
There are only 4 players who can trouble Lindsay: Serena, Venus, Henin, and Sharapova. All other active players are owned by Lindsay. She said "five" probably because she forgot that Kim Cljisters has retired.

Helaena
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:56 PM
or probably jj

John.
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Sharapova and Ivanovic

plantman
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:01 PM
or probably jj

I was thinking Sharapova and Ivanovic/JJ

hurricanejeanne
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I would say Justine, Maria, Venus and Serena are the ones Lindsay mostly wants to avoid. I would think that Jankovic is the fifth one mainly because she's the only player Lindsay's lost to since she's come back.

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Sharapova and someone else

Russianboy
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:07 PM
sharapova and kuznetsova/Ivanovic

LudwigDvorak
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Why would she be afraid or scared of Ivanovic? :tape: She does everything better than Ivanovic anyway aside from arguably defend. She could lose to her, that's a possibility, but Lindsay shouldn't even be concerned about her.

She might not know about what dire straits Jankovic is in now, so she may have referred to her.

moon
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM
doesn't Lindsay have a good record against Maria? I get that she might not want to play her because she's ranked highly, but i think Lindsay would win if they met early.
I think the other player might be JJ. she can get a lot of balls back, and probably get Linds running, which we all know is not her strong suit.

Bijoux0021
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Poor Lindsay! Only Sharapova is guaranteed not to face Venus, Serena and Henin in her draw before the semis or final.

Mikey B
probably maria and ana, she wants to avoid the favourites for the title and i think she's listed them there... (thats if her other picks are maria and ana!)

pav
On a radio interview after the match here she said she was only worried about meeting Willy tall and Willy fat, Hen and Mash and that was that, bordering on over confidence I think. Good to speak your mind but beware the previously unheralded nobody who has a sensational slam run and becomes a somebody for a while at the expense of a top player as happens at slams!

In The Zone
Quite the opposite. Lindsay has a horrible record versus Maria. Her lone win being the amazing double bagel. :drool:

In The Zone
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Poor Lindsay! Only Sharapova is guaranteed not to face Venus, Serena and Henin in her draw before the semis or final.

Not true. Sharapova can draw Henin in the QF.

Adal
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
doesn't Lindsay have a good record against Maria? I get that she might not want to play her because she's ranked highly, but i think Lindsay would win if they met early.
I think the other player might be JJ. she can get a lot of balls back, and probably get Linds running, which we all know is not her strong suit.

Lindsay is 1-4 against Maria

The Daviator
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM
She probably just said 5 to round it out :lol: If I had to pick a 5th I would say Kuznetsova.

Russianboy
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM

no :tape:

bus09
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I don't think she is all that scared of sharapova to be honest... she beat her once love and love and i know shes had some trouble with her in the past but davenport is hitting the ball extremely crisp and sharapova might be one of the slowest women on the tour in the top twenty... you all saw davenport thrash daniella hantucova earlier b/c she has no speed and once lindsay gets you on the move... point over

mb011
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
i'd say she would like to avoid jankovic because jelena is so quick around the court and can send that extra "one more" ball...

tenn_ace
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Sveta is def one of them IMO as Lindsay is only 3-2 in H2H and only one win was fairly easy. Sveat also beat Linzi they played last time.

Maria has to be the other girl.

Elldee
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM
When Lindsay said 'about 5', i think she was rounding up from four: Justine, Venus, Serena, Maria.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Honestly I don't think she's worried about Sharapova on this surface.
Kuznetsova has shown all last year that she has issues against players who hit a flatter ball, so I don't think it's her either.
She's beaten Jankovic and honestly Jankovic prefers a faster hard court to play on.
So does Chakvetadze.

I think she's worried about the young girls she hasn't played.
I would say the two S's Szavay and Safarova.

LindsayRulz
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Sveta is def one of them IMO as Lindsay is only 3-2 in H2H and only one win was fairly easy. Sveat also beat Linzi they played last time.

Maria has to be the other girl.

I don't think Kuznetsova is one of them. Lindsay got injured against her during the US Open 04 and the last time they played, Lindsay was playing one of her last tournament before she "retired".

The two players are probably Sharapova and Jankovic.

tenn_ace
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I don't think Kuznetsova is one of them. Lindsay got injured against her during the US Open 04 and the last time they played, Lindsay was playing one of her last tournament before she "retired".

The two players are probably Sharapova and Jankovic.

well Sveta was a deep shit slump when Lindsay beat her 2 out of 3 times. That slump was well recorded. Sveta could bearly beat a top 100 player at that time. It is a different Sveta now.

heytennis
Kuznetsova has shown all last year that she has issues against players who hit a flatter ball, so I don't think it's her either.
She's beaten Jankovic and honestly Jankovic prefers a faster hard court to play on.
So does Chakvetadze.

:spit: Yeah, I'm sure Davenport is more worried about facing Safarova and Szavay than Sharapova! One girl who didnt win a match post-USO last year and the other who just lose to Fedak in a warm-up! Sharapova has a 4-1 record against Lindsay!

tenn_ace
by the way, Linzi is 4-1 against Jankovic

Bijoux0021
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Not true. Sharapova can draw Henin in the QF.
That's not the point. Of course Sharapova can draw Henin in the QF. If you've been paying attention to the draws in the last 4 years, you would know by now that it's not likely to happen because the WTA's CEO, Larry Scott, won't let it happen because Sharapova is still considered the "IT" girl/the "face of women's tennis. She gets all the cupcake draws.

tenn_ace
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
So does Chakvetadze.

Here we go with your flat ball theory AGAIN. shrug:

PS. Linzi has probably never heard of either S and S.

Russianboy
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM
So does Chakvetadze.

believe me, she has never heard of these two

Adal
Davenport says she cannot control the draw for Melbourne but is hopeful it is favourable. She says there is only a handful of players she would not want to meet in the first round and they include the likes of Justin Henin, Maria Sharapova and the Williams sisters.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10485489

MrSerenaWilliams
I really hope she makes it to the 2nd week :hearts:

Lulu.
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:50 PM
One of two is obviously Sharapova. I don't know who the other is.

Russianboy
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Davenport says she cannot control the draw for Melbourne but is hopeful it is favourable. She says there is only a handful of players she would not want to meet in the first round and they include the likes of Justin Henin, Maria Sharapova and the Williams sisters.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10485489

exactly. these are the 4 who are the best at the moment

The Daviator
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Here we go with your flat ball theory AGAIN. shrug:

PS. Linzi has probably never heard of either S and S.

:haha:

I cannot wait for the draw :hearts: She'll probably draw Meusburger :lol:

Destiny
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Maria would be the fourth
and JJ the fifth

Kirill_M
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Sharapova and Li Na

Tennisstar86
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Im assuming Jankovic and Kuznetsova as they would track down a lot of balls and make her play more.....

Maybe SHarapova, but maria plays the game Davenport likes and with the way ivanovic has been playing im sure its not her....

mboyle
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Henin, Serena, Sharapova, Venus and Ivanovic...in that order.

Lindsay knows that Jankovic is like Hingis: if Lindsay plays well, she wins.

dybbuk
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:07 PM

Actually, yes she has. I can remember quite clearly Lindsay gushing on how talented Szavay was in her New Haven match against Hantuchova. :)

mboyle
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Im assuming Jankovic and Kuznetsova as they would track down a lot of balls and make her play more.....

Maybe SHarapova, but maria plays the game Davenport likes and with the way ivanovic has been playing im sure its not her....

Lindsay has a winning record against JJ and a huge winning record against Kuznetsova. She has a pretty bad losing record to Sharapova.

LDF
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I'm so excited about this tournament :hearts:

I think Lindsay's also wary of facing Sharapova, and possibly Kuznetsova.

Tennisstar86
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Lindsay has a winning record against JJ and a huge winning record against Kuznetsova. She has a pretty bad losing record to Sharapova.

yes, but the majority of those wins on jankovic are from before she became a "good" player.... her most recent victory was a 3 setter. and the other she lost in 2 sets...

Huge winning streak against kuznetsova = 3-2?!?!?!:confused:

As far as sharpova all thier matches have gone 3 sets.....save for that bagel routing she gave her....

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Actually, yes she has. I can remember quite clearly Lindsay gushing on how talented Szavay was in her New Haven match against Hantuchova. :)

Thank you.
Remember Lindsay has been watching players all the time since she was out of the game and returning to the game.

I'm sure she watched the Lucie Safarova vs. Jankovic watch at last year's Wimbledon as well.

Safarova is very dangerous on slow hard courts.

santhuruu
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I'd guess Serena, Venus, Justine, Maria and Jankovic

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:23 PM
:spit: Yeah, I'm sure Davenport is more worried about facing Safarova and Szavay than Sharapova! One girl who didnt win a match post-USO last year and the other who just lose to Fedak in a warm-up! Sharapova has a 4-1 record against Lindsay!

Safarova plays best on slow hard courts.

You must have forgotten what surface Lindsay bageled Sharapova on.

It was Indian Wells, it was cold, it was moist, it was cloudy.
A slow hard court was made even slower.

That's why I'm not worried about Sharapova on this surface.
The faster it is the better, Sharapova's chances.

The slower it is, the more Lindsay's experience becomes a factor.

If it was on grass I would be very worried but Lindsay's game is underestumated on slower surfaces.

Dawn Marie
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Safarova plays best on slow hard courts.

You must have forgotten what surface Lindsay bageled Sharapova on.

It was Indian Wells, it was cold, it was moist, it was cloudy.
A slow hard court was made even slower.

That's why I'm not worried about Sharapova on this surface.
The faster it is the better, Sharapova's chances.

The slower it is, the more Lindsay's experience becomes a factor.

If it was on grass I would be very worried but Lindsay's game is underestimated on slower surfaces.
Lindsay doubled bagled Maria because of the wind factor. Maria couldn't handle the timing and the conditions. Lindsay had perfect timing and balance.

I disagree with the faster surface favoring Maria. I think they are both pretty much on even keel and whoever plays the bigger points the best will win the match. Lindsay's net skills are much better though.

tenn_ace
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM
:haha:
3-2 a huge winning record?
:help:

blumaroo
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM
From what I could see in Auckland, she still has a lot of work left in returning first serves. She didn't face a player who could serve big but still missed tons of returns. And her own serve is still pretty inconsistent.

50Sense
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Too bad Hingis won't be around.

Brooks.
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:48 PM
lindsay could beat anyone except Henin..she has a mental block against justine for whatever reason

I fear the most for Venus...she can be very vunerable in the first couple of rounds at slams

Europe rocks
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Lidnsay is obviously scared of the prospect of drawing Pin in the first round ;) Probably Ivanovic and Kuznetsova are the other two

Lindsayfan32
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Venus
Serena
Justine
Maria

I can't think of the 5th myself. We'll have to wait until someone ask Lindsay or maybe Jelena Jankovic.

starin
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:26 PM
If Serena plays the same way she did against Molk at Hopman cup I could see Davenport beating her. All 3, Justine, Serena and Venus are more vulnerable in the earlier rounds so it might be better for Davenport to run into them earlier.

Dave.
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Serena, Venus, henin

Sharapova?

and I can't think of the 5th. It wouldn't be Ivanovic because they have never played before and Lindsay is always confident against those she has never played. I think it is Jankovic because she lost to her in Beijing.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Lindsay scared of Ivanovic? OMG :spit:

I bet Lindsay is scared of Dominguez Lino

ninanina19
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Sharapova and Jankovic or possibly Ivanovic.

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:39 PM
pin and muller cus it hurts her neck to keep looking down at them.

danieln1
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:12 PM
When Lindsay said 'about 5', i think she was rounding up from four: Justine, Venus, Serena, Maria.

Couldn´t agree more, these are the ONLY players who could give lindsay trouble, maybe Ivanovic if she´s inspired on the day...

A Magicman
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Stan Laurel
S Williams
V Williams
Pova
Arn

That's the 5.

Matt01
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
pin and muller cus it hurts her neck to keep looking down at them.

LOL.

My guess is that she's scared of Meusburger, Dominguez Lino, Zakopalova, Kostanic-Tosic and Koryttseva because she will have problems with spelling their names correctly :p

The theory that she is scared of Claudine Schaul, which one other poster provided, is also very plausible, though ;)

mboyle
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:23 PM
lindsay could beat anyone except Henin..she has a mental block against justine for whatever reason

I fear the most for Venus...she can be very vunerable in the first couple of rounds at slams

Venus is also the only one of the big four against whom Lindsay holds a winning record. If Maria and Venus play well, they have the edge, but Lindsay can still beat them because both rely more on depth than angles. If Serena plays well, she uses a lot of angles and makes Lindsay move a lot more than Venus/Maria. Justine is basically a nightmare because she moves the best of the big four AND she hits the best angles/dropshots AND she can volley.

The reason Linsday does better against Venus than Maria is that Maria plays well in every match and never makes a lot of UFEs. Venus, when playing her best, is better than Maria and thus has more straight set wins over Lindsay than Maria does. However, Venus is at her peak far less often than Maria is at her peak, and when Venus is off her peak, Lindsay can capitalize on the UFEs.

-Sonic-
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't have thought it was Kuznetsova..... Hingis was beating Kuznetsova within a couple of months of her comeback.

Deffo Maria... and Ivanovic.

Tennisstar86
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM
The reason Linsday does better against Venus than Maria is that Maria plays well in every match and never makes a lot of UFEs. Venus, when playing her best, is better than Maria and thus has more straight set wins over Lindsay than Maria does. However, Venus is at her peak far less often than Maria is at her peak, and when Venus is off her peak, Lindsay can capitalize on the UFEs.

I guess thats why Venus had 4 GS titles in her first 5 years on tour compared to Sharapovas 2....

And by more straight set wins you mean has some, since Sharapova has never beaten lindsay in straight sets...

More like the reason Lindsay has a better record against Venus is because she got a lot of her wins in the start of Venus' career and then got a lot during her bad period after her sisters death and her injuries.

iheartjelenaj
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:20 PM
oh, lindsay, why couldn't you have just said all 5 players? :rolleyes:

Buitenzorg
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I think Henin and the Williamses are the only major threat for Lindsay

In The Zone
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM
That's not the point. Of course Sharapova can draw Henin in the QF. If you've been paying attention to the draws in the last 4 years, you would know by now that it's not likely to happen because the WTA's CEO, Larry Scott, won't let it happen because Sharapova is still considered the "IT" girl/the "face of women's tennis. She gets all the cupcake draws.

Oh, come on. The draws are not rigged. How else do you explain Sharapova drawing Venus 4R at Wimbledon? It's luck.

Kenny
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Prolly Ivanovic and Sharpie

Tennisstar86
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Oh, come on. The draws are not rigged. How else do you explain Sharapova drawing Venus 4R at Wimbledon? It's luck.

Venus was underrated back then? lol..... i mean could be luck could be rigged... but regardless neither helped her at the US OPEN

In The Zone
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:46 PM
The draws are not rigged. If it helps you sleep better at night to think they are, go ahead. But they're not. :crazy:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:00 AM
The four are definitely Henin, Sharapova, Serena and Venus. The fifth one is probably Jankovic. Lindsay may be afraid that Jelena will "occasionally" hit her with the ball once again.

DragonFlame
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:16 AM
There is no fifth, she rounded it up from 4. Henin, williams x2 and miss pova. She is not(and should not) be worried about anyone else. And knowing justine's luck lindsay will probably end up early in her part of the draw. :o

Tennisstar86
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:28 AM
There is no fifth, she rounded it up from 4. Henin, williams x2 and miss pova. She is not(and should not) be worried about anyone else. And knowing justine's luck lindsay will probably end up early in her part of the draw. :o

If we're goin by luck she'll end up in Venus' draw....based on whose had the hardest draws recently...

haku
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:49 AM
It's Maria and probably Jelena/Svetlana.

I doubt Lindsay would lose to Ivanovic, because as much as I like Ana , she has crap backhand and bad movement and Lindsay would take advantage of that.

Bruno71
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
The four are definitely Henin, Sharapova, Serena and Venus. The fifth one is probably Jankovic. Lindsay may be afraid that Jelena will "occasionally" hit her with the ball once again.

Lindsay does bring out the children in her opponents with her "competitive" nature.

Harvs
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
obviously its henin, williamses, maria... theyre the main four.

then i duno out of jankovic/ivanovic?

Harvs
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:54 AM
maybe dokic... hahaha

but seriously, that match against jelena would have been hard on her too, because of everything that was happening and she all of a sudden became the centre of it.

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 7th, 2008, 08:44 AM
we are in Australia after all...perhaps Lindsay still thinks about that 1999 Aussie SF vs............Mauresmo (the 5th)?
ok.ok. seriously, I really think it's only Henin, Serena, Venus and Sharapova that Lindsay fears in her comeback.

Jakeev
Jan 7th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Frankly, I think Lindsay is dangerous just as much to the top five and the Williams sisters. Not that she is going to necessarily win but the fact she is going out on the court with nothing to lose.
The pressures she faced just two years ago may not necessarily be there in her next encounter with any of them. That is partly what's gonna make her dangerous.
Then again I could be wrong too considering she did get rattled in China against Jankovic.
Just gonna have to wait and see what happens.

Paul.be
Jan 7th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't have thought it was Kuznetsova..... Hingis was beating Kuznetsova within a couple of months of her comeback.

Deffo Maria... and Ivanovic.
You can't compare Lindsay and Martina. Martina's tactic is to drive her opponent crazy and Sveta can lose her head in such situations.

On the topic:

Justine, Serena, Venus and Maria are obvious. The fifth, maybe she wants us to keep guessing?

new-york
Jan 7th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Maria is on the list, for sure.

the fith one could be Kuzzie or Ivanovic, or Jelena. :shrug:

sonnys
Jan 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM
none;)....Bring them on :lol:

plantman
Jan 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM
oh, lindsay, why couldn't you have just said all 5 players? :rolleyes:

:lol::lol: I hear what you're saying!!!

I kept looking for the rest of the article before I posted!

-VSR-
Jan 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Camille Pin.

nytrainer
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Sharapova and Jankovic. Lindsay should be able to handle Ivanovic more easily than the other 5.

ninanina19
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:07 PM
^^^I agree.

Michael!
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Williams Sisters, Henin.... nobody else

Cp6uja
Jan 7th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Sharapova and Ivanovic.

If we talking about Ivanovic she is only player (with Serena) which reach MD at all 4 slams atleast once so far but never lose GS 1st round. Ana is only TOP10 player which never played against Lindsay and she is most improved player of 2007 Lindsays "off-season" - so Ivanovic is biggest mistery for Davenport. Also, Lindsay basics advantages against other opponents forehand/serve/power combo is not so big vs Ivanovic (if she actualy have advantage now) because Ivanovic is her legitimate heir in WTA bigGirl/forehand/serve/power game.

She have for sure more reasons to be scared of Ana than of Sveta, Jelena, Amelie or Chakvetadze.