PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay and Jagger don't quite conquer Australia...

Pages : [1] 2

The Daviator
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry for the thread title :o :lol: But we need something more jazzy for the AO :dance: :banana:

Let's cheer for Lindsay and hope that she wins the title!!! does the best of her ability :angel:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Davenport Assumes Role of Danger Woman

Her first mission of the year accomplished, former world tennis No.1 Lindsay Davenport will head into next week's Australian Open assuming the role of dangerous floater.

Davenport, 31, continued her fine comeback to the WTA Tour with a dominant victory in the final of the ASB Classic in Auckland on Saturday to claim her 54th singles title.

The American was scarcely troubled as she completed a 6-2 6-2 result over unseeded Frenchwoman Aravane Rezai in just 51 minutes.

It was the third title in four events for Davenport since she returned to the circuit last September after the birth of her first child.

She said she didn't yet have a specific goal in terms of how far she felt she could advance in the Australian Open, which she won in 2000 for one of three Grand Slam crowns.

She will be unseeded in Melbourne and much would depend on the draw.

"Sitting here now, I would be really excited to get to the quarter-finals," she said.

"I don't know the level of the top few girls and don't know exactly where I am compared with them. But I feel like I'm better than a lot of the girls out there and I'd like the opportunity to show that."

There were "probably about five" opponents Davenport wanted to avoid first up, including world No.1 Justine Henin and the Williams sisters, Venus and defending champion Serena.

"Having said that, they're more vulnerable in the first round," she said.

"But I definitely see myself as the biggest floater in the draw. I'm sure no one would be excited to get me in the first round as well. Hopefully I'll get to work my way into the tournament."
Davenport's other post-natal wins have been in Bali and Quebec City, while she made the semi-finals in Beijing.

When she arrived in Auckland, her sights were set on maintaining that momentum.

"I came here with the goal of winning this tournament and, being unseeded, you never know how the draw turns out," she said.

"But I was happy with the way I was able to play well at times, not perfectly at others, but really come through the tournament and just lose the one set."

Overall, she was surprised at how well she had progressed over the past 3-1/2 months, even if she was still searching for more consistency in her shot-making.

"I started off playing a few of the smaller tournaments, tier threes and fours, and it's astonished me," she said.

"I didn't think my body would bounce back as fast as it has after giving birth, and the strain of pregnancy, so I'm excited now about going to the huge stage of the Australian Open and seeing what can happen."

http://news.theage.com.au/davenport-assumes-role-of-danger-woman/20080106-1kea.html

I think she's ready to play Melbourne! :D
If she can avoid Justine, Maria, Serena, and Venus in the early rounds she can make it into the second week. I'd like her chances again anyone else though.

Here's hoping for a good draw! :bounce:

Dave.
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Go Lindsay and Jagger:)

LDF
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Good luck Lindsay :D

I'm both excited and nervous about the draw - I just pray she doesn't get Justine :lol:

dybbuk
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Good luck Lindsay.

If karma exists she meets Justine in the first round and hands her a 2 and 3 beatdown. :drool:

Elldee
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:41 PM
It may seem like we're complete pessimist but with Lindsay the best thing to do is to expect the worse and then you can never be disappointed.. especially considering how injury prone she's becoming as she get older. The thing is that if Lindsay draws one of the big 4 early it's going to be a horrible horrible thing... unless she wins when it's a great draw and a good chance to show everyone what she's made of.. like with Kim there was a one in four chance of drawing her at the french and at wimbledon and she got her both times, but I love watching my recordings of both those matches so I'm, I guess, glad that Lindsay was unlucky in those tournaments. Having said that, if she'd had an easier fourth round opponent [like venus and maria and amelie] then she would maybe have held up better physically.. but who knows. Plus, it was a shame Kim was knocked out so early because now, watching the kuznetsova's and chakvetadze's battle it out in slam semis they're not elite in the same way as the belgians, williamses, sharapova, lindsay d, etc.

Anyway... basically, hopefully, whatever happens she'll push forward and make a real success of the year and particularly wimbledon. Hingis and Serena had really kind draws when unseeded the last two years so hopefully Lindsay will get the same. I dreamt she played a nobody first round and Henin second... it'd be a shame to see her record tarnished but the result, if bad, will obviously be viewed in context. Lindsay hasn't failed to make at least one slam quarter final in a season, bar last year, since 1993.

The Daviator
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling she'll draw the big name in the 2nd round too, and I reckon it'll be Sharapova :o

LindsayRulz
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Let's just hope Lindsay won't draw one of the big 5 (Henin, Williamses, Sharapova and Claudine Schaul) in the early rounds. It's hard to guess a result knowing that she's unseeded but it would be good if she reaches the second week.

Allez maman Leach! :D

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:52 AM
She looks very confident :drool:
Let¨s take them down Linds :armed:

Elldee
Jan 7th, 2008, 09:26 AM
chakvetadze or dementieva first round please. Knowing my luck she'll get Flavia P.

mike/topgun
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I have a terrible feeling that it's gonna be Justine Henin in the 1st, or 2nd round, what could discourage her for later parts of the seaon. :unsure:

Though, she seems quite confident and eager to show what she is able to achieve as a mother., we don't know actually what exactly Lindsay's level is, cause she hasn't played against a top player since losing to Mauresmo in Beijing 2006. Jankovic by any means is not a slam contender, as long as the Williamses, Henin and Ana and Sharapova are around and in good form. The draw will have a huge impact on Lindsay's chances in Melbourne. Perfectly, she would draw Hantuchova/Chakvetadze/Bartoli or Jankovic/Kuznetsova earlier in the tourney and then take their place. :)

MH0861
Jan 7th, 2008, 06:16 PM
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2R-

L. Davenport def. J. Henin 6-1 6-7(9) 6-3, thank you and good night :)

"After the match, Davenport said: "You know, I was up 6-1 3-1 before it started to rain and they had to close the roof. Even though I blew 5 match points in the second set, and 2 more in the third, I'm so proud to get through this match and it gives me the confidence to go all the way" :)

Don't be such downers people :D

LindsayRulz
Jan 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
The newest addition to Lindsay Davenport's cheer squad was courtside to watch the eight-time world number one in action.

Jagger Jonathan Leach, seven months, watched as his mum took to the centre court ahead of her comeback campaign. Young Jagger contentedly chewed on an accreditation pass while he sat on his nanny's knee.

The tot then got a cuddle from mum after she finished her practice session.

The 31-year-old's pregnancy prevented her from competing last season.

Maria Sharapova, 20, took to centre court after Davenport. After a warm-up with a skipping rope and a few throws of a gridiron ball, Sharapova grabbed a racquet.

On court three, defending champion Serena Williams, 26, and big sister Venus, 27, were supported by their mother Oracene Williams and Australian hitting partner Mark Hlawaty.

A trim and toned Serena has already begun the season in style, teaming with Mardy Fish to win the Hopman Cup in Perth last week.

Venus -- who is as well known for her on-court fashion as for her serve -- was dressed yesterday in pieces from her own clothing label Eleven.

The sisters shared a laugh as Serena, world number seven, jokingly played air-guitar on her tennis racquet as her sister practised.

World number 1 Roger Federer, last year's finalist Fernando Gonzalez and Russian Marat Safin arrived in Melbourne last week.

More stars are set to fly into Melbourne this week for the Australian Open, which kicks off next Monday.

Tennis fans will also have plenty of opportunities to see their favourite sports stars as they relax off-court between matches.

The Crown complex, the city and Chapel St are common stomping grounds for Australian Open stars.

LindsayRulz
Jan 7th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Pictures of Lindsay training today on centre court :

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20080107000073531262-MLB901-TENN.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20080107000073531273-MLB902-TENN.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20080107000073531286-MLB903-TENN.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20080107000073531300-MLB904-TENN.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20080107000073531312-MLB905-TENN.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20080107000073531323-MLB906-TENN.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20080107000073531335-MLB907-TENN.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20080107000073541248-MLB909-TENN.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20080107000073541259-MLB910-TENN.jpg

hurricanejeanne
Jan 7th, 2008, 08:29 PM
So awesome to see Lindsay already in Melbourne. :D

Jagger Jonathan Leach, seven months, watched as his mum took to the centre court ahead of her comeback campaign. Young Jagger contentedly chewed on an accreditation pass while he sat on his nanny's knee.
:awww: He's going to be doing a lot of that when he starts cutting teeth.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 7th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the pics Lindsayrulz. Lindsay's comeback must be news as there was a cute photo of Lindsay and Jagger in the paper this morning. It was nice to wake up to.

LDF
Jan 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Thank you for the pictures, LindsayRulz :D

dybbuk
Jan 7th, 2008, 10:37 PM
The picture of Jagger with his nanny is adorable. :awww:

The Daviator
Jan 7th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the pics LR :D Lindsay means business, can't wait for it all to begin :devil:

danieln1
Jan 8th, 2008, 03:34 AM
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2R-

L. Davenport def. J. Henin 6-1 6-7(9) 6-3, thank you and good night :)

"After the match, Davenport said: "You know, I was up 6-1 3-1 before it started to rain and they had to close the roof. Even though I blew 5 match points in the second set, and 2 more in the third, I'm so proud to get through this match and it gives me the confidence to go all the way" :)

Don't be such downers people :D

It would be the greatest day of the year if this actually happened! When the draw will be made??

LindsayRulz
Jan 8th, 2008, 03:57 AM
It would be the greatest day of the year if this actually happened! When the draw will be made??

Friday in Australia.

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 8th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Amazing pics :drool:
Thx

ChampLindsay
Jan 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Danielas ''Cocktail Party '' said thats she and Lindsay will play doubles together again @ Melbourne!:eek::hearts::eek:

IceHock
Jan 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I just wanted to say good luck to Lindsay in singles and in doubles with Daniela apparently!! They should do fairly well in dubs.

LindsayRulz
Jan 8th, 2008, 06:46 PM
It's not a bad choice from Lindsay to play double knowing that maybe she'll draw Henin in the first round. Let's just hope Lindsay and Daniela won't play the sisters or Huber/Black in the first round. Good luck Hantuchoport :D

LDF
Jan 8th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Lindsay playing with another one of my faves :D

The Australian Open is the last Slam she needs to win in doubles :p

hurricanejeanne
Jan 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I love the idea of her playing doubles in Melbourne, especially with such a good doubles player like Daniela.

Maybe THIS time Linds will actually this elusive doubles slam title. :p

Elldee
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I don't believe that she'll play doubles, personally, but I can see why she'd choose Hantuchova as they both realise that singles is the number one priority and will accept the fact that the other might pull out. It'd be good to see but I can't imagine Lindsay staying away from home to play doubles if her singles campaign is over; having said that, they might be out the doubles draw pretty fast.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:20 PM
The draw is done 10:30am Australian time and as soon as it done I will post who Lindsay is playing in the 1st round in here and anything else that news worthy about Lindsay's draw.

dybbuk
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Danielas ''Cocktail Party '' said thats she and Lindsay will play doubles together again @ Melbourne!:eek::hearts::eek:

Ugh, please no. Once was more than enough. :o

MH0861
Jan 8th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Aww, I was hoping she'd play with Lisa.

Dave.
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I am quite excited about Lindsay & Daniela playing doubles, they won both their matches in Bali before they pulled out. I think they can do quite well (especially if either loses early in singles- obviously I hope Lindsay doesn't:p). It would be fab if Lindsay could finally win the doubles grand slam, and Daniela has also lost a doubles final in Melbourne so maybe they will both be motivated to win the title.

As for playing with Raymond, well she just lost in Sydney so she might not be playing well i don't know. I hope Sam comes back soon so Lisa can get her 2008 off to a proper start!

haku
Jan 9th, 2008, 05:55 AM
I'm very happy with Lindsay playing doubles with Daniela (if it's true)
They're both great doubles players and there's a chance they may go really far in the tournament. Of course singles should be first priority (not like in 2005:o), so they might end up withdrawing.

As for the singles I just hope Lindsay stays away from Justine as far as it's possible(meaning she would be in other half). And no Venus or Serena before QFs.
However i would love to see Lindsay spanking Maria in 4r :devil:.

Nikki
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I'm unsure whether playing doubles is a good thing, if it is true. Yes it can certainly help her game as she will be playing more but the downside is to how quickly she will tire etc.

Only time will tell but I will support Lindsay no matter what:)

Elldee
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I'm very happy with Lindsay playing doubles with Daniela (if it's true)
They're both great doubles players and there's a chance they may go really far in the tournament. Of course singles should be first priority (not like in 2005:o), so they might end up withdrawing.

That's why she wouldn't play with Lisa who would only be there for the doubles.

The Daviator
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I'm also a bit unsure about the doubles, I'd love her to get the AO in doubles finally, but if doubles and singles wore her out in 2005 then I can't help but think it will be worse 3 years later, but I will root for her regardless :worship:

mike/topgun
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I really dunno with the dubs. Lindsay would be crazy if she thinks that she can play singles and doubles at a GS, with a baby on site. It's prolly a precausion in case she draws Henin in the 1st round(what would be terrible anyway). Daniela also takes singles as a priority and she's a great player, then maybe if they both lose early in singles(sic) they could be really focused on the doubles.

The draw will explain everything.

ChampLindsay
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:33 PM
what a shame, today i will go to austria for skiing so i will miss the first week of AO:sad::sad::sad::sad:

so all the best for LINDSAY and good luck and especially a really good draw!!!

and greetings to you guys, pushing our girl!:D:):drool::wavey:

LDF
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM
The draw is only hours away :woohoo:

I'm not sure whether I'm gonna stay up to listen to it done live though...unfortunately I have an exam tomorrow :rolleyes:

lindsayno1
Jan 10th, 2008, 07:01 PM
im not sure how i want lindsays draw to pan out. If she gets a seed in the first round...hope she gets chadvad*however u spell it* or Bartoli and then take her rightful place in the draw!

Lindsayfan32
Jan 10th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I want to see Lindsay get drawn in the bottom half and if she has to get a seed anything from 9 onwards. Another unseeded player would be better but anything from 9th seed down would be totally doable.

The Daviator
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:25 PM
30 mins or so to go :scared: :D

Dave.
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Good luck Lindsay:):unsure:

LindsayRulz
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM
How do I get a zip code on ESPN360.com to be able to watch the draw ceremony?

hurricanejeanne
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:14 PM
:scared:

LindsayRulz
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Kuznetsova and Chakvetadze in the same quater part (if I've understood correctly), let's hope Lindsay is there. And Petrova is in this part of the draw too.

LindsayRulz
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:30 PM
OMG Davenport-Sharapova second round

1st round vs Errani

:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

LDF
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:32 PM
OMFG.

I blame YOU, Dav.

mike/topgun
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Lindsay vs Masha in 2nd
:unsure:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Who's got the alcohol because we're going to need it. :sobbing:

The Daviator
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling she'll draw the big name in the 2nd round too, and I reckon it'll be Sharapova :o

Whoops! :haha:

Come on Lindsay! :banana:

LDF
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Oh my. I still can't believe it's going to be DAVENPORT v SHARAPOVA in the SECOND ROUND of a Slam.

Elldee
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:38 PM
At least it's not a first round loss.

LDF
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:39 PM
At least she can become the highest earner before losing :banana:

mike/topgun
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:45 PM
at least it's not Henin, which I thought it'd be...:p

The Daviator
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:48 PM
At least she can become the highest earner before losing :banana:

Yup! :banana:

But what do you mean losing? :p Linds is taking Pova down :rocker2:

Andrew..
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:48 PM
6-4 5-7 1-6.

dybbuk
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Who's got the alcohol because we're going to need it. :sobbing:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/eatdrink048.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Andrew..
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Yup! :banana:

But what do you mean losing? :p Linds is taking Pova down :rocker2:
Shut up.

The Daviator
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Shut up.

Oh shut yourself up :lol:

I can't wait for this match :D She can't go through her whole comeback feeding off scrubs, she needs this match, and it's not the end of the world if she loses...

Emmanya
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Well...exciting indeed!!! Go Lindsay!

Elldee
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Lindsay will have played Errani three times in 5 tournaments. What're the chances.

I think Lindsay needs to win the first set against Sharapova to stand a chance. Exciting stuff. And at least if she loses I can get my normal sleep patterns back. I'm not going to write Lindsay off tho...

Vaidisova's in serena's 1/8 so that was obviously a lie someone came up with

Elldee
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:12 PM
full draw up on the website... it's true. BUM.

hurricanejeanne
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:12 PM
It's going to take an Indian Wells like miracle of Lindsay to advance past the second round. It's just frustrating when she plays Maria mainly because Lindsay usually at some point during the match has a really good chance at winning it.

I just don't want Linds to get spanked in straight sets. :scared:

Andrew..
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I just don't want Linds to get spanked in straight sets. :scared:
I do. Don't make it painful.

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:20 PM
:mad:
Good luck indeed Linds :rocker2:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I do. Don't make it painful.

Both outcomes suck. Lose easily or lose after giving us hope. But I see what you're saying. ;)

Eh, there's always doubles. :p

The Daviator
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Here's her quarter in full.

Justine Henin BEL (1) v Aiko Nakamura JPN
Monique Adamczak AUS v Olga Poutchkova RUS

Maret Ani EST v Angelique Kerber GER
Emilie Loit FRA v Francesca Schiavone ITA (25)

Sybille Bammer AUT (19) v QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v Klara Zakopalova CZE

Kateryna Bondarenko UKR v Aravane Rezai FRA
Stephanie Cohen-Aloro FRA v Tatiana Golovin FRA (13)

Elena Dementieva RUS (11) v Tzipora Obziler ISR
Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP v Petra Cetkovska CZE

Jessica Moore AUS v Julie Ditty USA
Renata Voracova CZE v Shahar Peer ISR (17)

Julia Vakulenko UKR (32) v Elena Vesnina RUS
Jill Craybas USA v Yung-Jan Chan TPE

Lindsay Davenport USA v Sara Errani ITA
Jelena Kostanic Tosic CRO v Maria Sharapova RUS (5)

MH0861
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Lindsay has played 7 of the people in her quarter already in her comeback :lol:

The Daviator
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I'm just thinking about her previous GS draws, and she seems to be the top player who consistently gets the worst draws...

2 Slams in 2006 - Henin's quarter
RG and Wimby 2005 - Kim in the 16s
USO 2004 and AO 2005 - Venus in the 16s
AO 2008 - Henin's quarter again, Sharpie 2R :o

I guess USO '05 was easy but that didn't end well :tape:

MH0861
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:45 AM
AO 2008 you mean ;)

MH0861
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:46 AM
And to be fair, after Venus lost, the AO 05 draw was a joke :spit:

The Daviator
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:46 AM
AO 2008 you mean ;)

Well it would have been something like that too had she played in 2007 :lol:

The Daviator
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:47 AM
And to be fair, after Venus lost, the AO 05 draw was a joke :spit:

The draw that panned out was a joke :p But the projected draw was :o

Sir Stefwhit
Jan 11th, 2008, 05:26 AM
You guys are one sad bunch of fans. Take a page from the Serena fan book and have a little confidence in your girl. I actually have a strong feeling she's going to beat Maria. Either way it goes it's a battle for both girls, I'm sure Sharapova fans, as confident as they may be, aren't exactly thrilled to draw Davenport in the 2nd round. Leave room for surprises in your lives cuz Davenport might just have one in store for you all...

lindsayno1
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Its doable. Maria sucks in early rounds...it could be worse, we could have Henin, Williams's in second round!! And imagine the smugness if we beat Maria who is defending finalist points muwaahahhaha! I bet Maria isnt altogether happy about playing Lindsay in the second round!!!

Dave.
Jan 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM
This just had to happen:bigcry::bigcry:

I hope she gives the 2R her best shot and I'll be happy with that. If she gets past it, she should cruise to the QF.

But for now, GOOD LUCK JELENA KOSTANIC

Elldee
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM
This just had to happen:bigcry::bigcry:

I hope she gives the 2R her best shot and I'll be happy with that. If she gets past it, she should cruise to the QF.

But for now, GOOD LUCK JELENA KOSTANIC

The Jelena Kostanic Tosic who Lindsay double bagelled at US Open 2r. She's sure to beat Mariaaaaaa. O yes.

Nikki
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Not a great draw for Lindsay but all she needs is confidence & she can do well.

Good luck Lindsay:)

Michael!
Jan 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Tough draw for Lindsay!
1st round shouldn´t be a problem, but 2nd round...:mad:
But she has no pressure and maybe that´s the greatest advantage against Sharapova ;)

LindsayfanTV
Jan 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Pova lost the hong kong exo to Venus so she is beatable and didn't have a great year last year ~ so the pressure will be on her and that just may work in Lindsay's favour. Linds has had a competitive week at Auckland and knows what she needs to do to improve her game.

And if she wins through, the draw looks ok till Henin in the QF but Peer could be tricky. This is the test Lindsay said she needed to see where she is against the top 5 girls. Go show 'em girl!

Whatever the outcome, this will be the start of the comeback and Lindsay is showing what a great champion she is by her comeback performance to date

I'm excited in an apprehensive kind of way!

Lindsayfan32
Jan 11th, 2008, 07:55 PM
That's something I never thought of. If Venus can beat Maria so can Lindsay. I forgot about that. If this match happens I just hope Lindsay goes out there and swings freely and she might just win. All I want for Lindsay is do her best I know it might sound corny but it's all you can ask.

Dave.
Jan 12th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Venus' winning in Hong Kong can't really be compared to this upcoming match. Firstly, Venus is on top of her game and in the top 10 and had a great year last year, and secondly it was only an exhibition, I'm sure a Grand Slam will be taken much more seriously.

The best chance Lindsay has is if she kicks into gear straight away in Melbourne and has a flying start against Sharapova, and if Sharapova is a bit rusty in the Australian conditions and doesn't really serve well or play well. Lindsay will need to storm through the first set and get an early lead in the second for any chance of winning IMO. But it is in Lindsay's hands because as we've seen in the past, if Lindsay plays well against Sharapova, she wins.

Frederic
Jan 12th, 2008, 08:30 AM
What a draw!! Sharapova in 2nd round! It will be tough, but not unreachable...

The Daviator
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Lindsay is second on the Margaret Court Arena on Monday :)

hurricanejeanne
Jan 12th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Lindsay is second on the Margaret Court Arena on Monday :)

So happy they put her on one of the main courts! I hope ESPN2 shows at least a little bit of her then! It's been so long since I've seen Lindsay play a live match on TV.

Good luck Linds! :bounce:

The Daviator
Jan 12th, 2008, 05:53 PM
So happy they put her on one of the main courts! I hope ESPN2 shows at least a little bit of her then! It's been so long since I've seen Lindsay play a live match on TV.

Good luck Linds! :bounce:

I hope you get to see her :hug:

I'm hoping I can find a livestream for it somewhere :o Oh well, there's always trusty livescore if not :lol:

LindsayRulz
Jan 12th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Unfortunatly, I doubt ESPN2 will show more than the last few points of the match and maybe the last point of the first set. There will probably have a livesteam that is going to show several courts though.

It's so exciting to see Lindsay's name in a GS schedule again, it seems forever the last time she played in a big tournament. :bounce:

No doubles draw yet :o

LDF
Jan 12th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hopefully Eurosport will show some of her match :)

If she beats Errani, I will undoubtedly have a 'doctor's appointment' on Wednesday ;)

hurricanejeanne
Jan 12th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Unfortunatly, I doubt ESPN2 will show more than the last few points of the match and maybe the last point of the first set. There will probably have a livesteam that is going to show several courts though.

It's so exciting to see Lindsay's name in a GS schedule again, it seems forever the last time she played in a big tournament. :bounce:

No doubles draw yet :o

That's probably what will happen too, especially if Lindsay's crusing or one of the matches on RLA or Vodafone are really good. But I'll take what I can get. Tennis Channel also having coverage of the AO but their coverage doesn't start until Monday. :(

It does feel like forever that she's played a slam. I'm still getting used to her name being in draws again. :lol:

LindsayRulz
Jan 12th, 2008, 06:51 PM
That's probably what will happen too, especially if Lindsay's crusing or one of the matches on RLA or Vodafone are really good. But I'll take what I can get. Tennis Channel also having coverage of the AO but their coverage doesn't start until Monday. :(

It does feel like forever that she's played a slam. I'm still getting used to her name being in draws again. :lol:

And Roddick is scheduled second on Vodafone :(. We all can't wait to watch Roddick beat this no name qualifer from Czech Republic in 3 hours :o

TBE said that bet365.com is going to show 6 couts.

dybbuk
Jan 12th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Good luck Lindsay :D ESPN360 will be showing it :dance:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 12th, 2008, 10:37 PM
And Roddick is scheduled second on Vodafone :(. We all can't wait to watch Roddick beat this no name qualifer from Czech Republic in 3 hours :o

TBE said that bet365.com is going to show 6 couts.

You know Andy will play like crap enough for ESPN2 to stay with the match too. :p

dav abu
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM
all the best to Lindsay! Can't believe we're all on here looking forward to Lindsay in a Slam match :bounce: do people reckon any of the match might be shown on Eurosport?

Dave.
Jan 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know if there is a livestream for Lindsay's match later?:wavey:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 13th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Channel 7 the Australian broadcaster properly won't show Lindsay either but I've seen the first two matches against Eranni and they weren't much bring on Maria.

LDF
Jan 13th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I will be staying up to see Lindsay in her Grand Slam comeback tonight - she better not disappoint :cool:

mike/topgun
Jan 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
http://members.bet365.com/home/default.asp

it's free, must register first

LindsayRulz
Jan 13th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Doubles draw is out, Lindsay/Daniela have Kirilenko/Szavay in the first round and they are in the same quater than Black/Huber.

dybbuk
Jan 13th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Lindsay v Agnes :bigcry:

Dave.
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Paul Capdeville is winning 6-4 7-5 2-2 so that match should hopefully be over soon so Lindsay can take to the court:)

I'll have to live score this match because bet365 requires a deposit or something:sad: But I'll be able to watch 2R assuming it's a night match!

As for the doubles draw, Lindsay once again gets the top seed in her quarter:sad: These draws on her comeback have actually been horrible, i mean in her first match back at New Haven, she drew Black/Huber:mad: Anyway, assuming both her and Daniela can be focused on doubles properly, the should have a good chance to get to the QF (Peng/Sun shouldn't be that much of a problem). Black/Huber have had a horrible start to the season and doubles is less predictable than singles so anything would be possible in the later stages.

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Lindsay's match is about to start :) We saw Lindsay during a big 10 seconds on ESPN!

Dave.
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Both open with service holds 1-1, Errani is serving.

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:18 AM
*3-2 :)

Dave.
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Someone else posted another good livestream: www.channelsurfing.net

I hope they finally get to Lindsay's match though:mad:

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:29 AM
6-2 :)

jonnymac
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:34 AM
This Is Obnoxious Espn, Just Show Lindsay I Dont Care About Stupid Nonsense They Are Showing

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:43 AM
She's on ESPN now :p

Not a bad outfit, the hat at least goes with the skirt now :lol:

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:43 AM
yeahhh they are showinbg the match here.
The second set
THANKS!!! :hearts:

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Lindsay's played fairly well thus far...she's made a few loose errors off the ground, but her serve has been excellent :D

Dave.
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:49 AM
That forehand angle was :hearts:

Dave.
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Apparently there is something wrong with her right foot :unsure:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Lindsay's right foot is bothering her. She keeps playing with it and pulling on it. :scared:

jonnymac
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Great just our luck

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 02:57 AM
LMAO first Slam match of the comeback and she's injured :lol:

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Down 1-3* in the second :help:

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:03 AM
It doesn't look like anything serious...to me at least :shrug:

She's just making too many sloppy errors.

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Down 1-3* in the second :help:

She had to have tweaked something. I understand her not wanting to run for the dropshots, but I've never seen her just stop and reach down like that.

Dave.
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:04 AM
The livestream I was watching went over to the Roddick match:mad: so I'm going to bed now..I really hope Lindsay can pull through and that there is nothing wrong. Urgh I'm dreading the scores tommorow now. I can see Eranni def. Davenport 2-6 6-3 6-1 or 2-6 6-3 rtd:tape::sad:

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:08 AM
4-1 :sobbing:

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:08 AM
She had to have tweaked something. I understand her not wanting to run for the dropshots, but I've never seen her just stop and reach down like that.

ESPN have switched back to Roddick so I can't see anymore :(

She did seem bothered by it, she shouldn't be down 1-4 to Errani :o

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:10 AM
She wasn't fiddling about with her foot at the last change of ends :yeah:

Her backhand is falling to pieces though :o

jonnymac
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:11 AM
are they seriously playing this beatdown over lindsay

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:12 AM
2-4 now, come on Linds, 6-2 6-4 :bounce:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:12 AM
ESPN have switched back to Roddick so I can't see anymore :(

She did seem bothered by it, she shouldn't be down 1-4 to Errani :o

At first I thought it was just the shoe or her sock just being weird. I'm worried. I know Errani's played Linds enough to sort of come in with a plan against her finally, but Linds shouldn't be down like this.

And of course espn is showing Roddick. :rolleyes:

jonnymac
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:14 AM
i cant believe we get to see 3 games

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Back on serve :woohoo:

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:16 AM
4-3*

Emmanya
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:17 AM
This is sheer madness. It is four fifteen in the morning and I am sitting glued to my laptop watching livescores tick by whilst having a nervous breakdown. Could any of you lucky few who can get a livestream give a quick summary on the level of play? :) Come on Linds - break back point!

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:17 AM
That's more like it! Lindsay strings together some thumping backhands to get this set back on serve :)

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:18 AM
That's more like it! Lindsay strings together some thumping backhands to get this set back on serve :)

How are you watching this? :eek:

Linds seems back in her groove :yeah:

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:19 AM
They are still showing her here :drool:

Her bh is working better now

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:20 AM
This is sheer madness. It is four fifteen in the morning and I am sitting glued to my laptop watching livescores tick by whilst having a nervous breakdown. Could any of you lucky few who can get a livestream give a quick summary on the level of play? :) Come on Linds - break back point!

Lindsay was pretty solid in the opening set - she missed several returns early on but quickly got her act together and eased through it. But Errani's played better as the match as gone on and has frustrated Lindsay by getting a lot of balls back. As a result Lindsay's made quite a few errors in the last few games, particularly off the backhand, which is rare to see.

Movement wise, Lindsay's been a little sluggish, but I don't think she's injured.

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:20 AM
How are you watching this? :eek:

Linds seems back in her groove :yeah:

I paid for a livestream on William Hill :angel:

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Oh I found a stream! :D

BP :help:

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:23 AM
*5-3 Errani :smash:

Lindsay was very close to smashing her racquet there :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Only to be broken :sad:

Emmanya
Arg

Lindsayfanumber1
Linds WTF? nsdasbndobasodiaod :(

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I paid for a livestream on William Hill :angel:

Well thank goodness for El Salvador ESPN :lol:

I can't believe this will be a 3-setter :o No way is she beating Maria.

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:26 AM
That last game was abysmal :help:

Elske
Lindsay :help: WTF?

hurricanejeanne
To a third set we go :help::sad::scared::unsure:
This is retarded!

Emmanya
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Double arg

LindsayRulz
I can't believe she lost a set to this girl...

Elske
Well thank goodness for El Salvador ESPN :lol:

I can't believe this will be a 3-setter :o No way is she beating Maria.
maybe this is all part of her stategy, she wants Maria to underestimate her... ;)

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:31 AM
What kind of smash was that :speakles:

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Ha! You can only drop shot Linds so many times Errani :ras:

Break please :help:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Lindsay needs to, for less than a better phrase, get it together!!!!

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:38 AM
*2-0 :D

Come on, let's have a repeat of the Medina match :rocker2:

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:40 AM
How is she playing now?

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Break back :tape:

jonnymac
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:43 AM
what is this espn360 and how do you get it, can they please go to lindsay now

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:43 AM
How is she playing now?

Awful. Whenever she's put on the run, she seems to lose to point almost every time.

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:44 AM
This is woeful play :help:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Awful. Whenever she's put on the run, she seems to lose to point almost every time.

Do you think she's hurt?
This match is a disaster. :sad:

jonnymac
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:46 AM
im so glad we get to see roddicks conf calls

jonnymac
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Wtf Linds

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Okay, something is NOT right. And I'm just watching the scoreboard.

The Daviator
She's on her way out, can't believe this after all the talk about the second round :lol:

Elske
oh god :help: everybody was talking about the second round match but at this moment the second round is far away :help:

The Daviator
Getting broken time after time by Sara Errani, just disgraceful.

LDF
OMG *3-2 Errani :o :o :help: :smash:

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Lindsay is *2-4 down in the third to SARA ERRANI. Oh my.

jonnymac
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:54 AM
This is very sad,

Elske
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:55 AM
C'mon Linds! You didn't take your whole family all the way to Australia to lose a first round match! It ain't over till it's over! :bounce:

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Break Lindsay, please :sad:

iheartjelenaj
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:59 AM
come on lindsay!!! beat her!!! beat her so you can beat sharapova!!!! come on!!! http://yelims1.free.fr/Blah/BlahBlah19.gif

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Lindsay breaks! Thank God :woohoo:

But please don't blow it now :help:

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:04 AM
5-4* Lindsay :bounce:

Break her for the match!

Good to see a fist pump :)

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:04 AM
"Come on" From Linds! :rocker2:

What a FH! Break for the win! :woohoo: :banana:

Elske
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Come on!!! finish it! :cool:

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Stop arguing Lindsay!!! :mad:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:09 AM
This is fucked up shit.

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:10 AM
What A Return!

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:15 AM
She's gagging on matchpoints :sobbing:

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:15 AM
F*ck. 2 match points missed, and it's 5-5.

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:18 AM
6-5* Allez Lindsay!

Elske
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:20 AM
0-15, Break Lindsay!!!!!!

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:21 AM
0-30 :rocker2:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:22 AM

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:24 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Lindsay, playing like sh*t, comes from 2-4 down in the 3rd set to win :D

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh

Elske
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:25 AM
ok Lindsay, to compensate the scare you just gave us you have to win your next match in straight sets! :cool:

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Thanks god she won the match!

Lindsay's reaction at the end :hearts:

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Lindsay is now officially the tour's highest earner ;)

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:29 AM
OMG I screamed on matchpoint.

Good lawd, Lindsay are you trying to kill us?! :eek:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I could only watch a live score butt that was way too close for comfort. Can someone who saw the match tell me about the match as channel 7 didn't show a point of it. Even better if someone has video could they please upload it to megaupload for me. I now know how healthy my heart is.

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:41 AM
I loved Lindsay's rant at the umpire at 5-4 in the 3rd :hearts: She even threatened to call the referee :lol:

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:42 AM

:haha: I screamed too
VAMOS!! Linds :p

When she was having that argument with the umpire she said: ARE YOU CRAZY? :hearts::drool:

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Well that was a drama :haha:

Linds :hearts: Amazing fight, and I actually thought she picked up her level of play when it got really tight, from 2-0 to 2-4 was awful though :help:

And that's just round one! :lol: :devil:

tennisboi
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:43 AM

I screamed so hard everyone in my house got up & was like like WTF is going on?

The Daviator
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I screamed so hard everyone in my house got up & was like like WTF is going on?

Yeah, my brother was banging on my door, he has to get up for work in an hour :tape: :lol:

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Lol we ALL screamed on matchpoint :p

Lindsayfan32
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:47 AM
I loved Lindsay's rant at the umpire at 5-4 in the 3rd :hearts: She even threatened to call the referee :lol:

The fire is back and I like that. I think topping the prize money list might have meant more to her than she's letting on. Channel 7 did a piece on Lindsay and played it this morning and Lindsay said she didn't know she was about to break the record and then said Justine made 5 million last year so she won't hold the record long and wasn't too fussed about it. yeah right Lindsay. :)

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Errani's "Come on!" or "Vamos!" on every points including Lindsay's double faults was ridiculous :rolleyes:.

Oh, and I screamed too :lol: a syncronized "come on!" with Lindsay :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Yeah, my brother was banging on my door, he has to get up for work in an hour :tape: :lol:

:lol: My mom's the only one still up in the house and asked me if I was okay. :o
That was just way too Roland Garros 2005 for my liking. But I'm glad she's still has her fight and her bitchiness at the chair umpire which was vintage Lindsay! She's still got it! :haha: :devil:

Okay, now that my adrenaline is coming down I'm gonna try and get some sleep (I have to be up for work in 5 hours), I suggest you all do the same. :p

cheo23
Jan 14th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Omg Why did Lindsay give me a SCARE!!!!! My heart was POUNDING!!!!!!!

dybbuk
Jan 14th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Way too close for my liking. :lol:

It really was a very very sweet win though. A very nice "fuck off!" for both the chair umpire and Errani :hearts: Both of them were :weirdo: I was hoping Lindsay would scream "VAMOS!!" after an Errani error just once. :tape:

Dave.
Jan 14th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Wow what a scare, as soon as I left it in the second set I had this feeling she would do this..so happy to see that she won. Checking the results after is hard, my heart was pounding and everything as I was going down through the draw but I can't imagine what you all went through last night:eek:

Really hope she does herself justice against Maria:unsure:

and lol gutted I missed the confrontation at the umpire, was it as bad as the Wimbledon 2005 final?:devil:

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Wow what a scare, as soon as I left it in the second set I had this feeling she would do this..so happy to see that she won. Checking the results after is hard, my heart was pounding and everything as I was going down through the draw but I can't imagine what you all went through last night:eek:

Really hope she does herself justice against Maria:unsure:

and lol gutted I missed the confrontation at the umpire, was it as bad as the Wimbledon 2005 final?:devil:

Worse - she threw a couple of swear words in, threatened to call the referee, and said that 'she couldn't play in such unfair circumstances' :lol: :devil:

mike/topgun
Jan 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM
THANK GOD I DIDN'T WATCH THIS MATCH! :lol:

Well, if Lindsay is going to play that way against MaSha her chances become smaller. Hope it was just a rusty start, bad day, unfair umpire and an annoying opponent. Probably it can't be much worse from that, so I rekon that on Wed we'll see a good show from both players.

Elldee
Jan 14th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Oh, and I screamed too :lol: a syncronized "come on!" with Lindsay :lol:

ME TOO!

lindsayno1
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM
what happened for her to say that to the umpire?! Who was the umpire as well?!

iheartjelenaj
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Come on, Sharapova! BRING IT!! :mad: :armed:

LDF
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Quotes from Lindsay:

"All these places I felt like I would never play again. And just to play a Grand Slam again, I never thought I would be in this arena again in my career. It's been a lot of fun."
Lindsay Davenport after her first Grand Slam match in two-and-a-half years

"Maybe the sign of the day to come was when my son woke up crying at 5am with a nightmare. I should have read more into that than I did."
Davenport on her struggle to beat first-round opponent Sara Errani

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Worse - she threw a couple of swear words in, threatened to call the referee, and said that 'she couldn't play in such unfair circumstances' :lol: :devil:

And it was much longer than at Wimbledon.

what happened for her to say that to the umpire?! Who was the umpire as well?!

At 5-4 in the third Errani serving, Lindsay hit a crosscourt forehand return on the line (called in by the line judge) and the umpire didn't overrule the call but it was 15-0 on the scoreboard so Lindsay had a little talk with the umpire :angel:

lindsayno1
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
and did it get changed to 0-15?

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 04:41 PM
and did it get changed to 0-15?

No, in fact the umpire overruled the call without calling it. I must add that during the last set, Errani was upset everytime Lindsay hit a ball near the lines. At 5-4 when Lindasy has hit the return, Errani has had a look at the umpire that has probably influenced his decision on the call.

Frederic
Jan 14th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Definitely a bad umpire, but not worse than the final in Wimbledon 2005. I think Lindsay wasn't moving that well. She really have to raise her level. Come on Lindsay!!!

Elldee
Jan 14th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I thought Lindsay moved pretty well. She kept losing out on the dropshot tho.

dav abu
Jan 14th, 2008, 07:41 PM
well done to Lindsay :woohoo: saw a tiny bit of the match and some of the interview on Sky sports news..she admitted it was her toughest match since coming back but she seemed very happy overall.

Nikki
Jan 14th, 2008, 08:02 PM
At least she has got one GS match under her belt now onto round 2. Good luck Lindsay:)

LindsayRulz
Jan 14th, 2008, 09:19 PM
This is very insulting :o

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=afp-080114094943.lzyy0onh&prov=afp

:p

huh?
Jan 14th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I kinda knew she was gonna win when she came out in the third and made attempts to chase things down, but then I REALLY knew she was gonna win after the argument with the umpire, you could just see it in her face, she made the decision to pull it all back in and focus, and there was nothing that was gonna save Errani. My favorite part was at the end when she won the last point and the commentators both just said "and she's back." it was awesome....:)

dybbuk
Jan 14th, 2008, 11:34 PM

Lindsay already doesn't have enough without them taking one away :sobbing:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 14th, 2008, 11:50 PM

:lol: :o
That's just mean. They could have goofed the other way and said she has like 6 slams. :p

gossipcom
Jan 15th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I was waiting for her to get fined for her outburst - WTA rolemodel fined. :lol:
I was at that match. One of the most nervewracking matches to be at. She never can do anything easy. *shakes head*
Still got a couple of photos that turned out so that was good. :)

shirley
Jan 15th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Good luck in the next round Lindsay! :bounce:

Elldee
Jan 15th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Night match. No hat. WOOP. Better not get a slothful Lindsay like against Dementieva at the US Open '05 when she moved like a house./

lindsayno1
Jan 15th, 2008, 10:46 AM
woop night match, we dont have to stay up all night! Work from home day tomorrow me thinks!

LindsayRulz
Jan 15th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Uh, it's 3:30 AM here :o.

Cat123
Jan 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Thought I'd pop over here and wish Lindsay good luck, I'm feeling sporting! May the best woman win!! Thouggh obviously hoping it's Maria!!! :devil: ;)

Frederic
Jan 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Come on Lindsay!!!!

LDF
Jan 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Night match :woohoo:

I don't have to be in school until 11:35, so that's perfect timing for me :D

Dave.
Jan 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Yay! I'm actually missing school tommorow to watch this match and I'm behind on some work anyway:p I hope Lindsay makes it worthwile:)

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 15th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Good Luck LINDSAY! :bounce:

dav abu
Jan 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Yay! I'm actually missing school tommorow to watch this match and I'm behind on some work anyway:p I hope Lindsay makes it worthwile:)-dedicated supporter :cool: I love it :D I have to work tomorrow (no way out of it)so I'm getting the match recorded and watching it when I get home without knowing the result.. I'm determined not to crack and the result texted to me lol. Guess Maria is going to win but I'm hoping...

dybbuk
Jan 15th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I love Lindsay, but no way in hell am I getting up at 3 to watch her. :lol: Good luck Lindsay :cool:

GrandSlam05
Jan 15th, 2008, 06:18 PM
What time is the match (american time)?

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 15th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Its gonna be 3:30 AM easter Time and 12:30 AM pacific time.
I'm going to watch it live and Lindsay better finish it in two sets so I can sleep at least 3 hours. I gotta work at 7:30 AM the following day.

GrandSlam05
Jan 15th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks QUEENLINDSAY!
I live in the midwest so it will be 2:30am for me. I will probably just tivo it and watch it in the morning while I'm drinking my coffee.
I remember when Linds played Juju at Oz 2006 and I got up at 2 or 3 am to watch. When I turned on the tv she was about to win the first set and I thought "holy crap she's winning easily." Then things just went downhill from there LOL. I think I'll let myself sleep this time. But I know I'll have pleasant dreams of Lindsay laying the smack down on Big Masha. ;)

tennisboi
Jan 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I'm watching it at 8.30 GMT...can't wait!!going to bed early but I don't think i'll be able to sleep with nerves...I really do think Lindsay has a chance but I hope shencame back to the tour to win not just to be playing for the sake of it because if she's too relaxed she won't win, she has to be fired up & be ready to kick Maria's ass!!

hurricanejeanne
Jan 15th, 2008, 08:33 PM
ESPN2 is hyping the shit out of this match and it's making me nervous even though I'm pretty confident that Maria will win with relative ease. It still sucks though. :sad:

I really hope Lindsay just comes out firing with no pressure and perhaps wins this like she did against Kim at Roland Garros 2005. But like that very match, I'm going to sleep through it. It's much easier on my heart. :p

Good luck Lindsay! Just do your best. :hug:

Elldee
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I hope Lindsay wears a different outfit. I have my priorities right. O yes.

CLASH OF THE TITANS.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I hope Lindsay wears a different outfit. I have my priorities right. O yes.

CLASH OF THE TITANS.

Yes you do. I liked what Lindsay wore in the first round it looked good on her and it was simple. They needed to use more material in the skirt though I've never seen Lindsay in a skirt that short before. But it suited her long legs.

Elldee
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I liked her in the stuff she's worn in recent years whereas this harks back to her late 90's look... she looks so different to the start of '04 with the long blonde hair and the tight clothes. Anyway, I'm making it sound like a care much much more than I do. CLASH OF THE TITANS. Looking forward to it.

MH0861
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Dear Lord, 330am :spit:

MH0861
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I liked her in the stuff she's worn in recent years whereas this harks back to her late 90's look... she looks so different to the start of '04 with the long blonde hair and the tight clothes. Anyway, I'm making it sound like a care much much more than I do. CLASH OF THE TITANS. Looking forward to it.

I think it's more of an issue of being the size of the late 90s again :p But actually, I like the tight polo look, I just don't like the hat or the purple :o

Elldee
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Your avatar is my favourite of all the Lindsay looks. Reallyyyyyyy niiiiice. O, and mine. haha. Also, I just didn't expect it because she's been wearing more fitted tops since September up to yesterday.

Dave.
Jan 15th, 2008, 10:29 PM
My favourite Lindsay outfit is the red shirt of 2001:hearts: and some of hers from 2004 hardcourt season.

The Daviator
Jan 15th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I loved her look at RG '05 and IW '06 :p

But anyway, back to THE match :lol: I just really hope it's not a 6-2 6-3 job for Maria :o Of course I'd love that score for Lindsay :devil:

Good luck Linds, this win would be incredibly special, do some damage :rocker2:

dybbuk
Jan 15th, 2008, 11:31 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/lisa_raymond/08/09/davenport/p1_davenport_0809.jpg

My favorite outfit :cool:

Elldee
Jan 15th, 2008, 11:50 PM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/507/197.jpg

hurricanejeanne
Jan 16th, 2008, 12:11 AM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/507/197.jpg
:hearts:
That's my favorite! Really anything she wore in 2004 was my favorite, but I'm particularly fond of the blue.

harry121
Jan 16th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Good luck tonight Lindsay!

What ever the outcome, tonight's match is exactly what she needs. A game against a top player so that Lindsay can see exactly where her game is at and what she needs to do, and where she needs to get to so that she can compete with these other girls in the later part of '08 (i'm thinking wimbeldon and us open. So i will be thrilled by her return and effort, whatever the result tonight (though i think she will win...just a feeling).

Oh, and i too liked the white and blue from the Hopman Cup.

And on another note, was that Jagger's dad sitting in Federer's box last night? They showed a shot of his box right at the end for a split second, and it looked like Jon was sitting in the top corner. If it was he must have left the missus and kid at home, for a night out with the boys.

I'm off to the Open tomorrow and hopefully i will get to see Lindsay in action in singles, doubles or even both!

That's enough from me, but fingers and toes crossed for a great night, whatever the result. And please Jagger, let mummy get some sleep today, so that she isn't too tired tonight. Go Lindsay!

Emmanya
Jan 16th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Oh so nervous! Is the match going to be on livestream then? 8.30 GMT? I may just have to set the alarm and see how she does. I just want Linds to beat Harpy good and proper but.......eeek. We'll have to see!

Dave.
Jan 16th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Oh so nervous! Is the match going to be on livestream then? 8.30 GMT? I may just have to set the alarm and see how she does. I just want Linds to beat Harpy good and proper but.......eeek. We'll have to see!

Do you have freeview/digital? It's on BBCi uninterrupted from 8:30.

LindsayRulz
Jan 16th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I'm going to sleep now and I'll wake up at 3:30 for the match :zzz:

At least I have no school tomorrow :angel:

Emmanya
Jan 16th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Do you have freeview/digital? It's on BBCi uninterrupted from 8:30.

Unfortunately no :sad:
Any livestreaming links available?