PDA

View Full Version : Something I found odd from the Medibank

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:58 AM
OK maybe its just me but today at the Medibank Justine and Sveta were practicing together. I cant ever remember of would ever have thought that the world number 1 and 2 would practice together, it just seems odd to me. It was a great practice session but I just would never have thought it would happen. Could you have imagined Hingis and Davenport or Steffi and Monica doing the same thing. Tell me what you think or is it just me being silly.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Didn't Evert and Navy do the same thing?

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Didn't Evert and Navy do the same thing?
Was that when they oddly played doubles together and they were friends :confused: before it went a little sour

esquímaux
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Interesting. Kuzzie def got something up her sleeve!! :hehehe:

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Henin was absoloutly pouding the ball she actually seems to hit harder than Sveta but Sveta hits with a great deal of spin.

Paul.be
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:04 AM
It's not the first time they practice together. They are on good terms with each other. Their coaches are also befriended.

hdfb
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:05 AM
It's not that odd at all. :S I know Hingis practiced with Capriati even a few years ago, don't think they were 1 and 2 at the time though, but is it that big of a deal? Sveta and Justine seem like humble people that tread the WTA carefully.

miss molly
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Justine and Sveta get along well, it's not the first time they practice together.

I saw them practice together at FO 2006, on Saturday just before the beginning of the tournament. At the end of their practice, they were laughing together about something Sveta's coach told her (in spanish). 2 weeks later they were playing each other in the final.

Ntour
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
they practice together all the time

nothing new

justine also practices with jankovic sometimes

a little lesson to other players: practice with juju and she'll OWN you

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:20 AM
haha so true...carlos is probably in the corner somewhere taking meticulous notes on each of their weaknesses!...haha girls come on.
Serena and Venus trained together :D lol

azza
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
i cant belive Svetlana Kuznetsova is number 2 in the world what the hell

Ninny
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:35 AM
:rolleyes: This is really nothing new (as other posts have said), they always practice together. I've seen them practice together on numerous occasions

Ninny
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Henin was ablsoultly pouding the ball she actually seems to hit harder than Sveta but Sveta hits with a great deal of spin.

She does hit harder than Sveta! It's quite amazing when you see Justine live at how hard she hits the ball.

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:39 AM
She does hit harder than Sveta! It's quite amazing when you see Justine live at how hard she hits the ball.
Yeah the ball was absoloutly flying :eek:

Paul.be
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure she really hits much harder than Sveta. The amount of topspin Sveta puts on the ball is very deceptive.

Ninny
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah the ball was absoloutly flying :eek:

I know :hearts::drool:

It's very deceptive for someone so small :awww:

mjjimmy
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:23 AM
But I just wonder why their practice seems to be odd. Quite usual, just two players practice together.

miss_molik
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:29 AM
i know! the sound is like, woh

serenus_2k8
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Lol I know what you mean, its like they should want to be big rivals not helping eachother improve, but it makes sense logically as Henin is the only higher ranked player, and Sveta is the next highest rank so they are both going for the player they think is best to improve the quality of their practise. :D

iamhe
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:39 AM
a little lesson to other players: practice with juju and she'll OWN you

Indeed it is.:devil:

Matt01
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:42 AM
i cant belive Svetlana Kuznetsova is number 2 in the world what the hell

Get over it. And this has not much to do with this thread besides.

tennisbear7
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Lindsay practised with Martina on the morning before their 2000 Australian Open Final encounter.

Serenidad.
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
UH... Justine could tell Kuznetsova what she is going to do on each and every point and 6-0 6-0 her still.

Practicing with Kuznetsova is not a liability.

DragonFlame
Jan 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
wake me up when justine is practicing with serena or venus. THAT would be news;):lol:

spiritedenergy
Jan 6th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I know :hearts::drool:

It's very deceptive for someone so small :awww:

That's the main reason for her being n.1 IMHO. Since the end of the Hingis era all that really counts in women tennis is to run and to hit hard, everything else comes later.:rolleyes: