PDA

View Full Version : Which former champion will have the best shot in 2008 Australian Open?

samsam4087
Jan 6th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Which former champion will have the best shot in 2008 Australian Open?

Serena Williams
Amelie Mauresmo
Justine Henin
Lindsay Davenport

Pasta-Na
Jan 6th, 2008, 04:28 AM
cara or huber.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 6th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Serena's looking FRIGHTENINGLY good :eek:

She's also a favorite in dubs w/ Vee :cool:

DimaDinosaur
Jan 6th, 2008, 05:37 AM
serena won it three times!!!! need i say more?

dya74
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:23 AM
maybe Lindsay

TatiNovic
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Justine or Lindsay

starin
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Serena's looking FRIGHTENINGLY good :eek:

She's also a favorite in dubs w/ Vee :cool:

uhhh did you watch her last hopman cup singles cup match against Molik? That was far far far from FRIGHTENINGLY good. Still pushing the ball and Molik was dictating play a lot in the 2nd set and hitting harder than Serena (well flatter but her balls were moving through court pretty fast while Serena was still pushing the ball with most of her shots sitting up nicely with plenty of time for Molik, and Molik is SLOW, to get to them). Actually Serena looked exactly the same as she did against MOlik in Wimbledon.

Now i eagerly await the barrage of bad rep from Serena fans.

ohh and the most reasonable answer to this question:

1. Henin
2. Serena
3. Venus
4. Davenport
5. Amelie

This is all based on most recent form and results.

danieln1
Jan 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Justine, then Lindsay

samsam4087
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Justine Henin

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:15 AM
uhhh did you watch her last hopman cup singles cup match against Molik? That was far far far from FRIGHTENINGLY good.

I was referring to her fitness (which has been her undoing in the past). The match play aspect will look rough of course. I mean it's her second match in almost 3 months. I don't expect Justine to double bagel Safarova, or even bagel her really :shrug: Serena always plays herself into majors, which is much easier to do now since she's fitter.

And if not for that injury against Hantuchova, who knows what would have happened, so saying she looks the same as Wimbledon, is compliment enough.