PDA

View Full Version : So, what's the story? Is Jankovic injured or not?

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:30 PM
And if she is, why is she in the Sidney draw? Wouldn't be wise to skip the tournament held a week before the GS?

Babolatpro880
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM
She might be waiting to see how much better it gets in a day or two since she has a bye. I have a feeling she still might end up withdrawing before her match, but I hope it gets better because I was hoping she might even get that first grand slam win.

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:36 PM
she might play a few games bf retiring :o
watch out Stevenson! new w/o queen has arrived!

дalex
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:38 PM
She might be waiting to see how much better it gets in a day or two since she has a bye. I have a feeling she still might end up withdrawing before her match, but I hope it gets better because I was hoping she might even get that first grand slam win.

At AO? No way and I'm the biggest fan...
About the injury we'll know soon enough I guess. We already know that at HC she received many painful treatments and that the tournament doctor said she wasn't well enough to play singles in the finals.

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Hopefully she knows what she is doing, but, based on her interview and the fact that she withdrew from 3 singles matches, I have doubts. An injury like that doesn't heal in 2 or 3 days.

Wayn77
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:42 PM
she might play a few games bf retiring :o
watch out Stevenson! new w/o queen has arrived!

Shouldn't you be busy, getting prepared for the big wedding - sorting out dresses etc. :)

If it's a tweaked hamstring, she should be pulling out of Sydney and even Melbourne as well. Take care JJ.

Babolatpro880
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:46 PM
About the injury we'll know soon enough I guess. We already know that at HC she received many painful treatments and that the tournament doctor said she wasn't well enough to play singles in the finals.

If she wasn't injured, then yeah at the AO. It's not like she's a shitty player. I didn't say I thought she was the favorite but it's not like she had NO chance.

дalex
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM
If she wasn't injured, then yeah at the AO. It's not like she's a shitty player. I didn't say I thought she was the favorite but it's not like she had NO chance.

Yeah I agree...but she didn't really have that great off-season preparation either but you never know with JJ.

StZox
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:54 PM
I agree. You never know with her;)
I miss her on court though

drake3781
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:01 PM

What kind of painful treatments? :confused:

Tennis-Chick
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I hope she just skips Sydney and is ready for the AO

schorsch
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Acupuncture. She didnt like it.

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:13 PM
she cant play sydney - she could barely move in the hopman cup, there is no reason to play it, apart from the points to defend but she could make up from them at the aussie open because she didnt go far in it last season

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Good luck JJ!

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:16 PM
she cant play sydney - she could barely move in the hopman cup, there is no reason to play it, apart from the points to defend but she could make up from them at the aussie open because she didnt go far in it last season

so would have been nice if she had withdrawn before the draw was done..................... :shrug:

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:17 PM
so would have been nice if she had withdrawn before the draw was done..................... :shrug:

I agree - Agnes would be in the draw who is obviously better quality than an LL

saab95
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:20 PM
the draw was done

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I agree - Agnes would be in the draw who is obviously better quality than an LL

but again when have players ever cared about that? :lol:

Boomguy
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Ok He is the right words from an Aussie that witness this on Aussie TV the commentator said right after the Final of Hopman Cup Said Jelena doesn't have to play Until Wednesday and the doctor said it should recover in time if she feels disconfort during the match she will retire