PDA

View Full Version : Winning Weekend for American Women!

SerenaSlams
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Three of the best American women to play the game (Serena, Venus and Lindsay) won titles this weekend:

On Friday, Serena (and Mardy Fish) won the Hopman Cup for the U.S. defeating the Serbian Team of Novak Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic (7-6, 6-2).

On Saturday, Venus Williams defeated Maria Sharapova (6-4, 6-3) to win the JB Group Classic (in Hong Kong).

Also on Saturday, Lindsay Davenport won her 3rd title in 4 tournaments since returning to the game after giving birth to her 1st child, Jagger. Lindsay beat Aravane Rezai (6-2, 6-2) to win the Auckland Classic in New Zealand.

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES! Awesome start to the season.

For up to the minute news on Serena Williams check out my blog:

Serena Williams: Diary of a Grand Slam Champion
http://simplyserenawilliams.blogspot.com

Mana
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Lilia Osterloh also won the doubles title in Auckland :worship:

ChampLindsay
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:43 PM
THE BIG 3 :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Dodoboy.
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM
i love your website by the way!..
its basically my homepage...first site i go on when i go on internet...GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP..
SO Excited about the prospects of 2008 for these girls!(women)

SharapovaFan16
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I'd rather have American men domination, something tennis in the States desperately needs.

sammy01
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:55 PM
its great for them but there is nothing there (american tennis) after these 3. i dont see a top 20 prospect for the usa right now which is worrying. venus, serena and davenport are true champions but how long can america rely on them to keep picking up the titles?

Uranium
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I'd rather have American men domination, something tennis in the States desperately needs.

i'd rather Venus, Serena, Lindsay dominate 2008.
American men =:o in slams.

kiwifan
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM
its great for them but there is nothing there (american tennis) after these 3. i dont see a top 20 prospect for the usa right now which is worrying. venus, serena and davenport are true champions but how long can america rely on them to keep picking up the titles?

Y'all been saying that for about 5 years now. :lol:

I say dance while the music is playing. :devil:

:dance: :banana: :rocker: :banana: :dance:

sammy01
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Y'all been saying that for about 5 years now. :lol:

I say dance while the music is playing. :devil:

:dance: :banana: :rocker: :banana: :dance:

you may dance now but england had loads of good/slam winning players in the 60's and 70's now look at british womens tennis. we have a slam, we have the money yet we still dont have the players but then british tennis buried there heads in the sand in the late 80's saying someone will come along look where that got us.

im not taking anything away from venus, serena and davenport but they were doing this in the late 90's, wheres the next generation to chalenge them in america?

doni1212
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Good job ladies!!!

SerenaSlams
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks for your comment "dodoboy" and thanks for supporting the site. I enjoy keeping fans in-the-know as it relates to Serena (on and off the court). She gives tennis the type of "energy" (and interest) that it so desperately needs.

Dodoboy.
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:29 PM
TRUE that^^
I say dance while the music is playing. (i love that but yeah sammy is right:( )

*W*
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Great weekend for Americans especially for Venus & serena :smoke:

Dave.
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
If all 3 are injury free, there is no excuse for not winning the Fed Cup:)

Go Lindsay, Venus and Serena:hearts:

Destiny
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Great jobs for the women achieving good things
hope the keep on this road

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:23 AM
If all 3 are injury free, there is no excuse for not winning the Fed Cup:)

Go Lindsay, Venus and Serena:hearts:

it wouldn't surprise me that if all 3 of them being healthy that no one else is able to win fed cup :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Lilia Osterloh also won the doubles title in Auckland :worship:

Her first WTA Title in 8 years :lol::worship:.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Three of the best American women to play the game (Serena, Venus and Lindsay) won titles this weekend:

On Friday, Serena (and Mardy Fish) won the Hopman Cup for the U.S. defeating the Serbian Team of Novak Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic (7-6, 6-2).

On Saturday, Venus Williams defeated Maria Sharapova (6-4, 6-3) to win the JB Group Classic (in Hong Kong).

Also on Saturday, Lindsay Davenport won her 3rd title in 4 tournaments since returning to the game after giving birth to her 1st child, Jagger. Lindsay beat Aravane Rezai (6-2, 6-2) to win the Auckland Classic in New Zealand.

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES! Awesome start to the season.

For up to the minute news on Serena Williams check out my blog:

Serena Williams: Diary of a Grand Slam Champion
http://simplyserenawilliams.blogspot.com

Auckland: Doubles Final: Lilia OSTERLOH/KORYTTSEVA def. MULLER/STRYCOVA: 6/3 6/4

Congrats Lilia on WTA Doubles Title #2!!! Her first title came back in 2000 at Shanghai w/Tanasugarn.

Tennisation
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I wouldn't celebrate too early, Hopman who? what tier is Aukland? Exhibition? yea that's what I thought.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I wouldn't celebrate too early, Hopman who? what tier is Aukland? Exhibition? yea that's what I thought.

Sports fans say the same thing about the A Open( whats this, its on at 2am ? ) . The real tennis fans know what the above means. Working out the kinks in the game and to peak at the A Open. Auk, Exo, Hop or at home on your own court... peaking at the right time are what all players are working towards :bounce:.