PDA

View Full Version : *Clearing Throat* Someone is Going to Draw Lindsay Early, and It will be UGLY!!

Foot_Fault
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Let's not forget, she seems to be hungry. And we all know how DEADLY Lindsay could be. It will be a stiff test for the TOP 16 Birds that she draw.
I say, Go USA!!! Welcome Back Lindsay!

volta
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
as long as its none of the sisters im fine :lol:
can't wait to see her play again :hearts: welcome back Lindsay

danieln1
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:16 PM
As long it isn´t Justine, Serena, Venus or Maria, she can beat just about everybody left

Foot_Fault
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:21 PM
As long it isn´t Justine, Serena, Venus or Maria, she can beat just about everybody left
I think Davenport is a little sharper that last year. she looks fitter. She can definately challenge EVERYONE in the draw. Let's not forget just 2 yrs ago Lindsay double bagled Maria. That calibur tennis is what she's is capable of bringing.

The Daviator
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Fun stat!

Lindsay has reached at least the 4th round in every GS she's played since RG 2000 :devil:

frenchie
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I saw her match against Paszek and I have to say I was very impressed

Of course she's still striking the ball so well but she has improved her movement A LOT since I saw her in Québec last november

I want her to draw Justine and beat her badly

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:28 PM
When is the draw? Lindsay is an interesting floater. This is the only major from Sept thru late May.
I like studying this draw

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:32 PM
maybe she will draw na li ;)

Foot_Fault
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:41 PM
unfortunatly not a challenge for lindsay. more like Janko, Ivana, Vee, Henin, Ree, Chaka, Sharpy.....those..

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:42 PM
why do you want Na Li get a first round exit? :sad:

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:47 PM
why do you want Na Li get a first round exit? :sad:

i hope na li will take one set from her this time :p

danieln1
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM
i hope na li will take one set from her this time :p

It would be interesting to see this match...

plantman
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Of course she's still striking the ball so well but she has improved her movement A LOT since I saw her in Québec last november

She has a higher chance of drawing one of the two Williams's.

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM
She has a higher chance of drawing one of the two Williams's.
as much as drawing one of the two Bondarenkos :p

plantman
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:58 PM
as much as drawing one of the two Bondarenkos :p

Same logic...:p

Rtael
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM

Keep dreaming dear.

sammy01
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:07 PM
i dont want to see it before the qtrs, but i think a match up with chavetadze could be a cracker. if i remember rightly davenport beat anna 7-5 in the 3rd in '05, so you could see back then annas game of angles and placement troubled her. i love it when theres a contrast of styles which that match surely would be.

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
i dont want to see it before the qtrs, but i think a match up with chavetadze could be a cracker. if i remember rightly davenport beat anna 7-5 in the 3rd in '05, so you could see back then annas game of angles and placement troubled her. i love it when theres a contrast of styles which that match surely would be.

I think that would be quite nice, but I can think of much more xciting QFs!

Id like to see her vs Masha or Henin so even if Davenport loses her opponent will be tired :devil: hehe :p

IceHock
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Hopefully she gets a lower seed like 20-32 then takes their spot whomever she beats in the third round, then it gets interesting starting in the 3rd or 4th round.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM

Anna's game is overrated.
For one thing, the slower the surface is, the less her chances become for beating a top player.
Her game is made for medium to fast pace hard courts and grass.

The girl honestly only has the ability to beat players in the top 20 because she's able to out crosscourt them.

Once she plays players that can not only turn the tables against her but then open the court, she's fucked.
That's why Justine is able to crush her.
That's why Maria is able to crush her.

If she was really able to outwit players than she would have found a way to beat Maria at the French Open last year.

rjd1111
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:33 PM
as long as its none of the sisters im fine :lol:
can't wait to see her play again :hearts: welcome back Lindsay

I bet it won't be Pova. Larry would never let that happen

to his "It Girl". Randomly Of Course.

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Once she plays players that can not only turn the tables against her but then open the court, she's fucked.

Justine and Maria can crush most players so that doesnt make her over-rated! I think she just needs to mature, along with her game and she can become a far better player!

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
let it be Justine in r1 :devil:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Let's not forget just 2 yrs ago Lindsay double bagled Maria. That calibur tennis is what she's is capable of bringing.

Let's not forget that it was one of the few times Lindsay showed killer instincts this decade.

To get far in a slam, she has to do that every match.
She cannot have any lapses.

But she should be able to beat many players in the first round.
The ones I'm worried about are Szavay, Peng, and Safarova.

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:46 PM
She'll draw Justine in the 2nd round and win 6-3, 7-5. Mark my words.

Emmanya
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Please draw-gods let it be Chakvetadze, Bartoli or Daniella :angel:

moon
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I just hope it's not Venus or Serena. :unsure:
anyone else, and I'm rooting for Lindsay. :D

alwayshingis
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Watch, after all this buildup she will draw Castano or something.

Ideally for me Lindsay would draw Sveta, win, and then take her (rightful) place in the draw.

Dawn Marie
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
For one thing, the slower the surface is, the less her chances become for beating a top player.

The girl honestly only has the ability to beat players in the top 20 because she's able to out crosscourt them.

If she was really able to outwit players than she would have found a way to beat Maria at the French Open last year.
I don't think Anna C is overated at all in fact I believe that when she matures into her game she can snag some slams and beat some top players.

mboyle
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Please draw-gods let it be Chakvetadze, Bartoli or Daniella :angel:

I'm terribly conflicted. I want Bartoli to lose in the first round of every tournament until she drops out of the top ten, so in that sense, I'd love nothing more than Davenport getting Bartoli first round.

On the other hand, Lindsay is more likely to beat say a Williams sister in the first round than in the quarter final. That would be interesting...

mboyle
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I don't think Anna C is overated at all in fact I believe that when she matures into her game she can snag some slams and beat some top players.

Seriously, people seem to think there are twice as many grand slams as there actually are. Anna has very very very little power--less even than Jankovic. She's also already 20 years old, and did not improve the second half of last year. Non power players do not win slams any more. Even Hingis couldn't do it after 1999.

champion88
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I'd like her to draw a low seed first, then say Chakvetadze, and get to the quarters then see some really goreat matches. Really hope she doesn't get Juju or a Williams in the first few rounds

Ninny
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:13 PM
She'll draw Justine in the 2nd round and win 6-3, 7-5. Mark my words.

:spit: Yeah sure :tape::tape::tape:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11307683&postcount=46

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11153018&postcount=19

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11034381&postcount=36

:haha: :haha:

ce
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Just not JJ please
:scared:

sammy01
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:15 PM

i totaly disagree! henin has thrashed everyone this season so if she wasn't beating chakvetadze then there would be something odd going on. as for maria she has a mental block against her. you will openly admit that venus is better than davenport yet over ratted chakvetadze has beaten venus this year, so why couldn't she beat davenport who is slower and not as good. if you dont like chaky thats fine no one likes everyone, but to claim she is over rated and is only good at crosscourt shots is disingenues.

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Just not JJ please
:scared:
i wanna see you (and Nilo) in pain, so let's draw Jankovic :devil:

starin
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I really hope she doesn't draw either WS in the first round. That would be disaster for them because they usually don't play that well in the first couple rounds. That could be a mess.

dybbuk
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM

Matures into her game how? She can get better, yes, but what exactly can she add to her game to beat 3-4 really good players in a Slam? She doesn't have power, nor does she have exceptional smarts (Which don't win you big titles by themselves now anyway). Anna of course has some talent (Whether it is as much as some say, I don't think so), but her style of play itself just doesn't match up well with most of todays top players.

sammy01
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Because Venus can hit a barrage of UE. Davenport won't give as many free points away. And by that logic then shouldn't Flavia Penneta be able to beat Sharapova.

on clay im sure she could :p. im not saying chakvetadze beat venus therefore she would beat davenport, but to just dismiss her having a chance of beating davenport (when chakvetadze has taken her to 7-5 in the 3rd 2 years ago when shes no where near the player she is today) is stupid.

Dave.
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I just know the draw will be:

[1] Justine Henin BEL
Lindsay Davenport USA

I just know it, and it will be an awful awful match:o

lindsayno1
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I want her to draw Bartoli and give her the beat down she deserves!!!

I want Sharapova and JuJu as close together as possible!

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Why doesn't she have a protected ranking again?

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM

Well, well . MSN broken? :shrug::rolleyes:

LindsayRulz
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM

She still has a protected ranking at #12. But she can't use it as a seeding.

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Well, well . MSN broken? :shrug::rolleyes:Nope, PC broken. Haven't DLed MSN on this PC. How have you been :wavey:

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM
She still has a protected ranking at #12. But she can't use it as a seeding.Oh ok thanks, I guess the question is why she doesn't have a protected seeding. LOL

Dave.
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Fun stat!

Lindsay has reached at least the 4th round in every GS she's played since RG 2000 :devil:

She's also made at least the 4th round at every Australian Open she's played since 1993, where she lost in the 3rd round on her debut;)

Matt01
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Seriously, people seem to think there are twice as many grand slams as there actually are. Anna has very very very little power--less even than Jankovic. She's also already 20 years old, and did not improve the second half of last year. Non power players do not win slams any more. Even Hingis couldn't do it after 1999.

:rolleyes:

MisterMan
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Poor Daniela. You just KNOW she's gonna get Lindsay early. She usually has such horrific GS draws !

volta
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Poor Daniela. You just KNOW she's gonna get Lindsay early. She usually has such horrific GS draws !

:lol::lol::lol:

Vlad Tepes
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:52 PM
A match-up against the world #1 would really not be in Lindsay's hands - if Juju plays like she did at the USO, Lindsay will be sent packing in ~60 min :shrug:

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Nope, PC broken. Haven't DLed MSN on this PC. How have you been :wavey:

Ahh, doing good--finally got over the flu/cold :mad:Happy New Year!! Go USA :wavey:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:57 PM

i thought i was the only one :devil:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Oh ok thanks, I guess the question is why she doesn't have a protected seeding. LOL

there is no such thing as protected seedings anymore.

cheo23
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I HOPe she draws a WEak Ass Austrian like MEUSURBURGER or PATSZEK in the First Round

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM
there is no such thing as protected seedings anymore.Thanks. I didn't know that.

ninanina19
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Justine vs Davenport. Imagine if that really happened in the first round. Probably the greatest first round match of all time.

Equipped
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:45 PM
So, is there any hope at all that Davenport might get seeded by the Australian powers-that-be? It would seem to be (if nothing else) an intelligent move to try and protect one of the biggest crowd-pleasers until the later rounds. I know the Aus Open doesn't generally DO this, but is there even a slight chance that they're considering it?

(I'm looking for an actual answer (not speculation). Does anyone know the ACTUAL logistics of this situation?)

missvarsha
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:49 PM
They can't. Grand Slams are free to move players around, according to whatever formula or justification they choose - Wimbledon is the only one which actually does this - but the 32 highest ranked players MUST be seeded. This is the agreement the ITF came to with the players unions when the seeds were expanded to 32.

Equipped
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:52 PM
They can't. Grand Slams are free to move players around, according to whatever formula or justification they choose - Wimbledon is the only one which actually does this - but the 32 highest ranked players MUST be seeded. This is the agreement the ITF came to with the players unions when the seeds were expanded to 32.

Thanks! I had never read about that anywhere. Good to know.

DimaDinosaur
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
she'll probably draw Hantuchova and double bagel her

Pasta-Na
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:03 AM
hope this thread wont jinx lindsay :scared:

strictennis
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I want her to draw Jelena Dokic in the first round (again)!!

Tennisation
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I have a feeling:
Top half: Justine, Serena, Venus, Lindsay, Serbs
Bottom half: Maria, Kuzzy, Chaki

venus_rulez
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:10 AM
I'm just really hoping that it's not Venus or Serena. I want Lindsay to do really well and I want Venus to win this tournament, but I have a feeling that Lindsay will draw someone HUGE in the first round.

heytennis
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:19 AM
I have a feeling:

Thats impossible:o

Foot_Fault
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Thats impossible:o
Well as you can see, Lindsay has spoken. She do not want to see

Venus
Serena
Justine
Unknown
UnknownI think with the exception on those 3 she can pretty much get by everyone else early on.

BartoliBabes
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:56 PM
i hope she doesn't get marion first round

mike/topgun
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I have a feeling that Lindsay'll draw Justine Henin in the 1st round, what could discourage her...:unsure:

ninanina19
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Lindsay vs. Henin 1st or 2nd round.

danieln1
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I have a feeling:

haha this already happened at the US Open last year! Lindsay would love to be in that bottom half!