PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Lindsay Davenport will become a mother grand slam champion?

samsam4087
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Do you think Lindsay Davenport will become a mother grand slam champion?

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/library/200x250/davenport%2008auck%20sat%20200.jpg

Vlad Tepes
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM
No, Justine, Maria, Venus, Serena and Ana all have a better chance than her at just about any slam they play, so it would really be asking a lot. Granted, Maria and the sisters are not that strong on clay, but then so is Lindsay and Justine would eat her alive in Paris.

wtatennisballer
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Possible though not probable. She's not going to play on the clay, which will decrease her chances 25% already. I can see her in atleast the QF here at the Australian Open. AO '08 and USO '08 are going to be her best chances for the rest of her career.

E.Dementieva_FAN
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I don't think so.

Sassy-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:50 AM
no... watched her match against AMG :o

<Sven>
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:53 AM
don't think so
her return is impressive, but competing with the williams sisters, sharapova and henin? hmmm, if she couldn't before she was a mother, why would she be able now?
she can make a good run though if she doesn't face one of them early in the GS's

Vlad Tepes
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM
The AO will be very tricky for Linds, as she could face one of the big guns very early and crash out. As she won't play at RG, I'm sure she'll get enough Tier III wins by Wimbledon in order to be a top 16 seed.

lindsayno1
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I dont see why people are writing her off against Sharapova....she's hardly been amazing recently....!

Vlad Tepes
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'm not writing Lindsay off against anyone, any player can have a bad day resulting in an unexpected loss. It's just that Maria would be regarded as a bigger threat to win a tournament - she's a lot younger, has a better seeding, won one of the last 5 slams. Not to mention that she really showed she has got game at the highest level, in the YEC final. All Lindsay has done since her comeback is win a bunch of Tier III titles, but it takes a whole lot more than rolling through a field of mediocre players to challenge for a slam :shrug:

samsam4087
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I think Lindsay will win a grand slam again.

The Daviator
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:33 AM
No, Justine, Maria, Venus, Serena and Ana all have a better chance than her at just about any slam they play, so it would really be asking a lot. Granted, Maria and the sisters are not that strong on clay, but then so is Lindsay and Justine would eat her alive in Paris.

#1 - Lindsay would not have to beat all these players to win a GS.

#2 - She can beat them all, granted Henin and maybe Serena would be a massive task, but not impossible for her.

As for the question in the OP - Yes.

Bayo
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I don't think so. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

jackbauer
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I don't know if Lindsay gonna win a Grand Slam ... but is posible...

Claudio :wavey:

Poova
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:40 AM
samsam0487, do you ever start a thread that isn't a question? :tape:

To answer, no she won't. :wavey:

Dave.
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Just wait till Wimbledon:devil: Only 2 players (Williams & Williams) can beat Lindsay on grass, and only 1 of them have actually done it.

roelc
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:04 AM
don't think so
her return is impressive, but competing with the williams sisters, sharapova and henin? hmmm, if she couldn't before she was a mother, why would she be able now?
she can make a good run though if she doesn't face one of them early in the GS's

exactly my thoughts
I think she can reach the same level as a few years ago
but winning a GS? not likely...
allthough she had CP in wimbledon in 2005
and serena won AO last year, so why shouldn't linds be able to repeat a such thing (answer: venus and justine are playing too)

samsam4087
Jan 10th, 2008, 07:20 AM
samsam0487, do you ever start a thread that isn't a question? :tape:

To answer, no she won't. :wavey:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jan 10th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Why not! Although, I hope not this year -- as I want one of the WS to pull off a calendar year GS! That's right. All four of those puppies. I don't care if its Serena or Venus. Just one of them. They have the ability.