PDA

View Full Version : Why on earth is Na Li playing so well now?

samsam4087
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Why on earth is Na Li playing so well now?

:confused::confused::confused:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/library/200x250/li%2008gc%20sat%20200.jpg

Jakeev
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:03 AM
What's so confusing? She took months off, healed her body, got fit and probably has practiced hard til the cows came home.
Granted I didn't expect her to come in and win a tournament so fast, it's not surprising she has come back stronger than ever.

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:04 AM
hunger to win.

Vlad Tepes
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Maybe she saw Pierce Brosnan in the stands :shrug:

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:00 AM
she is a former top 15 player.

Mikey.
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Maybe she saw Pierce Brosnan in the stands :shrug:

:spit: Bitter much?

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:20 AM
she is a former top 15 player.

top 16 :p

Poova
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM
"Now"? She's been like this for at least two years... just been out injured recently obv.

sharapovarulz1
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM
She has just taken some time out and probably worked her ass off to get fully fit again! She is a good player you know!!!!

MisterMan
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:19 PM
She was an exceptional player with tremendous shot making skills before the injury. But you're right, it's surprising how fast she 'came back' from the injury. Granted she didn't play the "Elite" yet, but this was a great start for her.

spiritedenergy
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM
she was seen taking some white powder from Hingis' bag...:eek:

Helaena
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:27 PM
well na li is definitely a good player...she just had some injury problems hindering her to reach her potential...if she takes care of her body and gets lucky to have an-injury free year she'll definitely get high up in the rankings..

kolan
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I have to admit, unlike her faithful followers on this board, i didn't give her much of a chance of even making the quarters of the gold coast let alone winning it. Sure, she has been a good player in the past - and was improving further still when she had the injury. I didn't think she would beat Sybille, and it seems since that match she got even more confident and stronger. If she keeps this unbelieveable confidence, who knows how high she can actually go. The chinese players in this era are a great addition to the wta tour and they are always smiling whatever and very well tempered - an attribute which is missing from some of the top stars repetoire. The number of well mannered chinese an asian people on this board prove that they are good ambassadors for tennis worldwide.

andrewC
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I have to admit, unlike her faithful followers on this board, i didn't give her much of a chance of even making the quarters of the gold coast let alone winning it. Sure, she has been a good player in the past - and was improving further still when she had the injury. I didn't think she would beat Sybille, and it seems since that match she got even more confident and stronger. If she keeps this unbelieveable confidence, who knows how high she can actually go. The chinese players in this era are a great addition to the wta tour and they are always smiling whatever and very well tempered - an attribute which is missing from some of the top stars repetoire. The number of well mannered chinese an asian people on this board prove that they are good ambassadors for tennis worldwide.

here, here :D

She's always played well, silly ;)

Mikey B
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:25 PM
now?? she's been playing well since 2006! just unfortunate injuries held her back... hope she can continue 08 like she's started..

AlexBarrington
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:26 PM
she has talent

Vut
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM
she has talent

yes

Kirill_M
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Why on earth is Na Li playing so well now?
"I am very calm now, and I will try to enjoy my time on the court more than ever before. For me, every second counts."
"I can't tell you how much I missed tennis when I was out,"
"I feel stronger mentally. A new Li Na has come back. I feel fresh." Na Li

I think it's answer :)

MagicMilan
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I've missed these "Why on earth...?" threads :tape:

IceHock
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
She has an amazing game when it's on, it's absolutely indestructable, she almost reminds me of a Safin just not as much hotheaded, but if she's consistent, i can see her easily making the top 5 in the world, her game is just that good.

swissmr
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
She's been doping up to the eyeballs for the Beijing Olympics.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM

:spit: this portion of the post is kind of silly :p

kolan
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
:spit: this portion of the post is kind of silly :p

Maybe so :p I was just trying to point out how nice it was to see so many people of differing nationalities on the board, i think its to do with how many different nationalities have top tennis players now that can realistically win top events. :) Too bad GB aint one of them :( but im backing our girls to do better in 08 ;)

sharapovarulz1
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:55 PM
now?? she's been playing well since 2006! just unfortunate injuries held her back... hope she can continue 08 like she's started..

Me too :)

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM

:tape:

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
:tape:

wb, another forta something :lol:

mpmg
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I think she is the perfect example of waiting for your injury to heal completly and doing all the right stuff while you are injured. She came back at the right time and beat the players she would have beaten before the injury.

samsam4087
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Na Li is great.

spiritedenergy
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:38 AM

:lol:

Williamsser
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:41 AM
pierce0415, oops I mean, samsam4087, you really do like Na?

Pasta-Na
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:48 AM

i wanted to ask the same question too... seems samsam wanted some people to answer "dope" :angel:

Zhao
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:54 AM
its the 2008 Beijing Olympics... the chinese are really training hard to go all out to perform well in front of their home folks ...

samsam4087
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:58 AM
i wanted to ask the same question too... seems samsam wanted some people to answer "dope" :angel:

I like Na Li.

Pasta-Na
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:02 AM
I like Na Li.

then u have to prove it... wear a shirt with the words "i like na li" in English and Chinese versions on it :p

samsam4087
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:02 AM

I am not pierce0415.

I really like Na Li.

samsam4087
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:05 AM
then u have to prove it... wear a shirt with the words "i like na li" in English and Chinese versions on it :p

This is the wtaworld but not the court. No need any evidence to prove that I like Na Li.

Slumpsova
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:12 AM
somehow i think super na is pierce0415 ;)

Pasta-Na
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:15 AM
somehow i think super na is pierce0415 ;)

and tuna is tuna ;)

samsam4087
Jan 28th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Well done Na Li. Better luck next time.

Ellery
Jan 28th, 2010, 01:27 PM
:spit: at those bumps.

DimaDinosaur
Jan 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
top 16 :p

top 15 :p:

Pasta-Na
Jan 28th, 2010, 11:46 PM
top 15 :p:

top 10 :p

tennisbum79
Jan 28th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I think she always had the game.

Her problem had always been pscyhological.

I don't know how long she has been with this coach, but it appears he is helping her overcoming it.

After talking to her coach , Pam says Na Li becomes more nervous when in she leads.
The coach is working with overcome that aspect of her game.

If that was anybody other than Serena, Na Li would be in the final.

V's a star
Jan 29th, 2010, 12:27 AM
I thought she played great yesterday, but against Venus was just horrible except the two last points of the match where she stepped up n hit winners off of Venus' floating half-court shit balls!!! :fiery:

Pasta-Na
Jan 29th, 2010, 12:29 AM
that coachs really helping her a lot. she said shes like a sponge to keep learning new stuff from him. after her match vs serena, na asked her team and coach to focus on improving her serve too. :p

Potato
Jan 29th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I love Li Na. Such a nice person on and off court. She seems really sweet in her interviews too. :hearts: I can't imagine any tennis fan hating her.

PlayByPlay
Jan 29th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I guess she is eager to win now. Whatever problem she had she has fixed it.

sorceress
Jan 29th, 2010, 01:35 AM
She's still pretty green, those errors need to be ironed out before she is the real deal but I like what I see.
Pretty good serve and awesome serve return as well, it's good to see up and comers with decent demensions in their game.

janezhang
Jan 29th, 2010, 03:25 AM
I love Li Na. Such a nice person on and off court. She seems really sweet in her interviews too. :hearts: I can't imagine any tennis fan hating her.

:worship::kiss:

Na is really nice and interesting!:hearts: