Jan 5th, 2008, 06:27 AM
:lol: @ her face expression

Geisha
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Wow! I can't believe she's there so early! <3

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:50 AM
argh... the time zone difference is messing with my head :(

Nice to see Serena in Melbourne already :)

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:57 AM
She looks so much fitter than last year. She seems so committed. Wins Hopman Cup and then flies immediately to Melbourne and practices. Good to see from Serena b/c we haven't always seen this kind of dedication in the past.

doni1212
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I was about to post these but tennisfanxx beat me to it. I like that Serena is already practicing. Goodbye Hopman Cup, lol.

CJ07
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Wow, she looks much thinner. Me thinks 2008 will be the Glorious Restoration

LucasArg
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I am glad to see her so early practicing and getting used to the new courts.

Go Serena!!! :wavey:

Brett.
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:13 AM
argh... the time zone difference is messing with my head :(

Nice to see Serena in Melbourne already :)

It's 7:13pm here in melbourne ;)

switz
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:25 AM
certainly suggests there's dedication. assuming she flew to Melbourne this morning it's take 3 hours or so to get there from Perth, 40 minutes to get the city from the airport. so she's obviously not sitting around if photos are already out.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:32 AM
:eek: Scary faces, but she practices with dudes :lol:

She looks fit as fuck :worship:

THAT the title Ree :yeah: :bounce:

wtatennisballer
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:34 AM
She looks all business and thats good to see

BigBabeTENNIS
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:34 AM
wen will venus get there

sammy01
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:23 AM
thats great news i think shes gone about it the best way. shes played some matches at the hopman cup, now she can have a week of intense practice to work on areas she wasn't happy with.

she seems deicated this year its what i've wanted from her.

spiritedenergy
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:26 AM
:lol: @ her face expression

:rolls:

Ben.
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM
good to see serena up & practising :D

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Already practicing in Melbourne???!!! I have often been a detractor of Serena in terms of her professionalism, attitude and commitment to the sport and honestly, the last few years I feel I have been quite justified in doing so. But the fitness that Serena has shown at the Hopman Cup combined with speed in which she has got to Melbourne and started her practice do suggest this is a very committed serious Serena.

Her natural talent has never been in question, so clearly if Serena can keep this approach up all year, admittedly a big ask, she really could finish 2008 as the world number 1, and if she does she will most certainly deserve it. I can't believe I've just said that (I really can't) but, yeah, I'm impressed.

Dodoboy.
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Can't wait to see them practising together!....08 here we come!...
this was a great first week of the year...couldn't have asked for more. two tournaments ONE FAMILY!

spiritedenergy
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Already practicing in Melbourne???!!! I have often been a detractor of Serena in terms of her professionalism, attitude and commitment to the sport and honestly, the last few years I feel I have been quite justified in doing so. But the fitness that Serena has shown at the Hopman Cup combined with speed in which she has got to Melbourne and started her practice do suggest this is a very committed serious Serena.

Her natural talent has never been in question, so clearly if Serena can keep this approach up all year, admittedly a big ask, she really could finish 2008 as the world number 1, and if she does she will most certainly deserve it. I can't believe I've just said that (I really can't) but, yeah, I'm impressed.

she almost looks like a different person from Fall 2007 (well maybe it's just the hairstyle:lol:). Anyways good like Serena hope you can defend your title.

-Sonic-
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I take back completely what I thought @ the beginning of the year with her late arrival.... she's in Melbourne straight after the Hopman Cup - completely serious about winning.

Destiny
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Go serena
love the passion your showing for the game
you go on and defend and fight :bounce:
Go serena:devil:

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Scaryna? :scared:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:10 AM

:worship: love it...good rep coming

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:12 AM
her facial expressions though :unsure: LOL....who were all those people saying she didn't care? and that she was faking the stomach illness?? you don't see this from a player who doesn't care ;)

later haters :wavey:

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:15 AM
she is looking very fit. best in a long time. heavy favourite IMO to win AO

ce
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM
:eek:
:unsure:

felipe2004
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Why is she playing with long sleeves? Isn't it hot in Melbourne? :confused:

Dodoboy.
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Love My Princess!...practice practice and practice some more!

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:02 PM
:worship: love it...good rep coming

:lol: same! My mind is totally blown...Serena has turned over a totally new leaf here and I love it! :angel::p

Her body is in better shape than it has been for ages and by the looks of things, so is her mind!!! Goo Ree!!! :hearts:

Jan 5th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I still think Justine is the heavy favorite to win the Aussie Open

Aaron.
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I still think Justine is the heavy favorite to win the Aussie Open No shit sherlock :lol:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I don't think Justine is the fav as of now, she has not played an event yet in 08 while Serena and Venus won their warmups, If Justine wins Sydney she'd certainly be right up there but I wouldn't call her the fav for sure.

We all know Serena at the FO and USO played well below her level (just a fact) and it's 2008, new year, new start for Serena....look at the difference between 2001 and 2002....

Serena looks very fit and determined, another week of training in the Melbourne heat in long sleeves will only make her leaner, meaner and fitter:devil:

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Serena and Venus have made amazing starts - winning their events, getting great practise in both singles and doubles and showing fantastic dedication.

Although Henin will remain as favourite, the gap is closing :)

Destiny
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:58 PM
win win
she going to be a lean mean winning machine :lol:

Marcell
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5829569,00.jpg

Marcell
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Fast start for Williams, Federer champions hold court

"I'M SEEING it fast now. I'm seeing it fast." Reigning Australian Open Women's champion Serena Williams took to the resurfaced Rod Laver Arena for the first time yesterday, and if her repeated comments to her two trainers as she traded blows on the new, blue Plexicushion court are any guide, it's quickly getting up to speed.

During a extremely hot Melbourne afternoon that also saw men's champion Roger Federer begin his quest to win his fourth Australian Open, Williams commented several times on the speed and hardness of the new Plexicushion court.

The three-time champion, who had just flown in from Perth where, with Mardy Fish, she won the Hopman Cup on Friday night, repeated her comment, adding that she thought the court was "even harder" at times.

Williams looked in ominous form as she smashed forehands, backhands and volleys to two male training partners who gave the impression of soldiers under fire.
In contrast, after having to delay his first practice session on Rod Laver Arena due to the intense heat, Federer took it very easy amid the on-court temperature of well over 40 degrees. The world No. 1 casually tested his forehands and backhands for a little under half an hour, periodically stopping to wish Australian acquaintances and colleagues a happy new year.

Throwing new balls and encouraging from the sidelines, his partner Mirka, commented on the hardness of the court, but the opinions of the man who is odds-on favourite to win the Australian Open were kept solely in Swiss German.

As part of his preparation, the Swiss will compete in the Kooyong Classic starting in Melbourne on Wednesday, which also includes a raft of other top-class players.

Federer is seeking his fourth Australian Open championship and third in a row as well as his 13th grand slam title.

Highlandman
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM
She looks so much betetr this year, it's impresse to see! :D

Serena!
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:14 PM
She looks so fit.
I just hope she's in a different half of the draw then Justine and Venus for once.

Destiny
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Fast? is that good for serena?

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM
She looks so fit.
I just hope she's in a different half of the draw then Justine and Venus for once.

Omg me too! She will be in a different half than Venus for sure wont she? And at worst would meet Henin in SF (not QF - thank God) and thats only if Henin makes it that far! :devil:

debopero
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:44 PM
what does that mean?

I'M SEEING it fast now. I'm seeing it fast."

frenchie
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Serena can play Henin in the QF
So does Venus

Actually the could be all in the same half based on their seedings

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Fast? is that good for serena?

Good for both Williams :D :hearts:

what does that mean?

I'M SEEING it fast now. I'm seeing it fast."

She thinks the court has sped up! :angel:

Serena can play Henin in the QF
So does Venus

Actually the could be all in the same half based on their seedings

Erm...how?! :confused:

frenchie
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM
for example the QF draw could be

Henin (1)
Serena (7)

Jankovic (3)
Venus (8)

Ivanovic (4)
Sharapova (5)

Chakvetadze (6)
Kuznetsova (2)

volta
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:10 PM
wow she looks ALOT fitter i hope this means that she will start to run after every ball again :hearts:

Nemo_Kool
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:20 PM
This week has been awesome with Serena and Venus posting good wins and winning their respective tournaments...Im just really happy that Serena looks keen to play and is actually enjoying herself on the court, even tho it was an exo she was all smiles in the mixed which was good to see. I am confident now with Vee and Ree going into the AO!!! GOOOOOOO....!!!

Craigy
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:24 PM
It's great seeing her there so early and really getting into it. :)

Viktymise
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Serena is hitting the ball ALOT better than she was from after Miami onwards last year and she's at her best fitness since early 05 IMO.

Both Venus and Serena were hitting the ball great. Anyone who thinks Justine is gonna just saunter through a few slams this year is off their heads.

Brooks.
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:16 PM

Henin (1)
Serena (7)

Jankovic (3)
Venus (8)

Ivanovic (4)
Sharapova (5)

Chakvetadze (6)
Kuznetsova (2)

omg...that will so be the draw..just wait :tape:

sweetpeas
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Go Serena!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dodoboy.
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:07 PM
She looks trimmed and slim!

Nicolás89
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:09 PM
oh dear, she looks great.

starin
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:09 PM
she looks good in these pics. hopefully she comes to the AO playing super aggressive.

ninanina19
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM
She looks really fit and good.

hablo
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:17 PM
She does look slimmer.

simba
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
wow, she's already practicing. way to go serena

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM
there are a few more pics on getty

Lulu.
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I love that she's there early.

Serena. :yeah:

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:11 PM

Henin (1)
Serena (7)

Jankovic (3)
Venus (8)

Ivanovic (4)
Sharapova (5)

Chakvetadze (6)
Kuznetsova (2)

:mad: Better hadnt be !!! :mad:

Tennisstar86
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:18 PM
It's great seeing her there so early and really getting into it. :)

Your avatar frightens me...... It'll be interesting to see the bloated pictures they put up from last years tourny compared to this years like they did in last year compared to her win in 05.... at least it wont be embarrassing to see this time around...

dylan24
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:19 PM
she's in shape.
she is going to kill everyone.
she will win the AO without losing a set

Tennisation
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:26 PM
she looks so determined, I wouldn't be surprise if she takes a set from Justine at the open

So Disrespectful
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Perfect. Now just get some outfits without long sleeves and maybe she can win the open. ;)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:12 AM
she's winning it with or without sleeves ;) lol

Stamp Paid
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Hopefully those losses to Henin last year put some fire under her ass.

darrinbaker00
Jan 6th, 2008, 03:38 AM
wow, she's already practicing. way to go serena
What else would she be doing? The Open is only nine days away, you know.

Donatello
Jan 6th, 2008, 08:57 AM
she looks so determined, I wouldn't be surprise if she takes a set from Justine at the open

:D

Brett.
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Just heard Melbourne is Serena's favourite city :cool: :D

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I can't wait to see what the sisters are going to be wearing!

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
oh yeah i have already seen Serena... well what Venus is wearing then

Mikey B
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:23 AM
serena's all business this year!!!

serenus_2k8
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
:lol: They will both look amazing I think! I hope there isnt a huge upset here :eek:

Lin Lin
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Serena jiayou!

jdyshrky
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Start your own currency!! Make your own stamp!! Protect your language!!
Declare Independence, don't let them do that to you!!
Make your own flag! Raise your flag!
Higher, higher! Higher, higher!
DECLARE INDEPENDENCE!!!!

volta
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Start your own currency!! Make your own stamp!! Protect your language!!
Declare Independence, don't let them do that to you!!
Make your own flag! Raise your flag!
Higher, higher! Higher, higher!
DECLARE INDEPENDENCE!!!!

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Ysabella
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:51 PM
serena looks great,
wish they not meet masha,
only in the finals