PDA

View Full Version : Both Williams sisters have managed to win slams and regain top 10 without...

Ackms421
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:19 AM
...playing each other!

They have managed to resurrect their rankings (and clout) by playing a (semi) full schedule over 12 entire months without facing each other one single time. Not sure who's playing better right now, but I think we'll find out soon. I was not so sure about the prospect of Venus being a legitimate threat at the Aussie, but I think I'm changing my tune now. And Serena, less 10-15 pounds, and serving like a million bucks, is still my favorite to win it. So, I think the match-up should happen there.

It really is a mouth-watering year.

Tennisstar86
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:24 AM
...playing each other!

They have managed to resurrect their rankings (and clout) by playing a (semi) full schedule over 12 entire months without facing each other one single time. Not sure who's playing better right now, but I think we'll find out soon. I was not so sure about the prospect of Venus being a legitimate threat at the Aussie, but I think I'm changing my tune now. And Serena, less 10-15 pounds, and serving like a million bucks, is still my favorite to win it. So, I think the match-up should happen there.

It really is a mouth-watering year.

:yawn: They practice together....they play all the time... just cause we dont see it doesnt mean it doesnt happen...

In The Zone
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:26 AM
They only played 4 events together in 2007. Miami, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and USO. ;) Other years, they play more than 4. Not a surprise.

I hope you didn't jinx them. :(

Ackms421
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:28 AM
:yawn: They practice together....they play all the time... just cause we dont see it doesnt mean it doesnt happen...

That was so enlightening...:rolleyes:

Tennisstar86
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:32 AM
That was so enlightening...:rolleyes:

I dont get the point of this thread....... we know they play together.... neither one of them is playing at thier best tennis right now.....frankly i dont want to see them play a head to head at the AO with how sluggish Serena looked at the US open.....

Its not like they often played each other in the past... as they usually dont enter the same tournaments.... pointless thread....