PDA

View Full Version : Azarenka

Langers
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Seriously, I'm a big fan and she has huge potential however she still hasn’t “grown up” and she’s so mentally weak. She had the final in her grasp today only to completely lose control because she started to crumble mentally.

She has top 10 potential but I don’t see her being elite unless she controls her emotions. Unfortunately I don’t see it happening any time soon and she’ll continue to waste her talent.

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:42 AM
maybe if na li didnt serve those dfs on bps and gps... and took those bp chances to be 5 all in the first set... na won in 2 already :p

anyway, good tactic from her :devil: to have a medical timeout :p

mankind
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I find it difficult to watch her play. She blew a lot of chances though, even though Li is a far better player, IMO.

Langers
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:50 AM
I find it difficult to watch her play. She blew a lot of chances though, even though Li is a far better player, IMO.
The annoying thing is she loses the plot so regularly and at crucial times. She was losing the plot today and almost spitting the dummy when she was still well and truly in the match. She must get it together.

Jakeev
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Look Vika's time will come. What's nice about tennis these days is she has plenty of time. Now is she is doing the same thing three years from now than be worried.
I'd be more worried about a Nicole Vaidisova at this point than Azarenka.
And for crying out loud folks the girl made it to the first final of the year. Give her props for her success this week even if she was second best in the final.

jisung
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:56 AM
big FH and very good backhand, she is becoming better and better

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Li was very accurate. Keep in mind that she's not mentally the toughest out there either.

Azarenka needs to keep it together on court in big matches.

clonesheep
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Azarenka is the kind of player who has the potential to be great. I have been happily rooting for her.

She is still young. 2008 is the first year that she is allowed to play a full schedule. I can understand that an older player can still take advantage of Vika's inexperience at crucial moments. But this will not happen forever. Vika will wise up sooner or later.

juki
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:37 AM
As much as I was hoping Na Li would win the match I kinda felt bad for Azarenka when she lost her composure at the end of the second set. She was throwing her racket, screaming at she just looked so disappointed. I didn't know that Azarenka was such an emotional player until I watched this match. Keeping her cool and not letting bad calls get to her will come with experience. She would also double faulted on critical points.

I'm sure she was having deja vu with the other finals she lost, and that probably just made things worse for her.