PDA

View Full Version : G.C WD final: agnes/safina (3) def yan/zheng (2) 6-1 6-2

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:28 AM
still happy to have u back, little jie. good luck in next tournament :bounce:

Zombielicious
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Davai Dina/Agnes! Congrats!

Glad Dinara could win the doubles title again this year. :)

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:31 AM
luckily no this team at olympics :scared: :help: i think only williams' sisters or davenport's team can challenge agnes/safina.

Helaena
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:35 AM
congrats agnes and dinara :bolt:

iPatty
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Goodness gracious. They beat Black/Huber and Yan/Zheng with the loss of just seven games.

:bolt:

Well done Dinara/Agnes! I hope these two pair up more often. :drool:

tiptop
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Wow. :)

I really like Dinara and Agnes and know what they are capable of, but no way did I expect them to win this tournie so convincingly. I guess we will see these two back on court, maybe even for one of the Grand Slams.

Also congrats to Jie Zheng for the good comeback.

plantman
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:43 AM
What a pair......I agree that they should play together more often! Nicely done!:bounce:

Martian Jeza
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Agnes shouldn't be underestimated, she's a very good double player ! I hope this result will give her confidence to get some very good results in the future weeks ! Well done Agi and also Dina.

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Agnes shouldn't be underestimated, she's a very good double player ! I hope this result will give her confidence to get some very good results in the future weeks ! Well done Agi and also Dina.

yes, u r right. their WD rankings are in top 25. especially safina won some big WD titles already.

RJWCapriati
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:23 AM
:):):)

clonesheep
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Agnes has been a terrific doubles player since her junior years. She was runner-up at Australian Open '05, then won Roland Garros and Wimbledom back-to-back with Azarenka. That was a great team. If they get together again they can be No.1.

Agnes + Dinara aren't too bad, either :)

dorotek23
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Easy win for Agnes and Dinara :woohoo:

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:12 AM
i still dont like the new rule of WD :o deuce and die :sad: big girls are benefit from it. luckily G.Ss are different.

.:sk:.
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Agnes & Dinara :woohoo: