PDA

View Full Version : Who will win Sydney (draw included)?

tennisfanxx
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Henin - Bye
Molik - Safarova
Q - Mauresmo
Q - Dementieva

Ivanovic - Bye
Pratt - Razzano
Bammer - Petrova
Srebotnik - Chakvetadze

Hantuchova - Safina
Vaidisova - Q
Q - Golovin
Bye - Jankovic

Bartoli - Li
Schiavone - Q
Peer - Q
Bye - Kuznetsova

Wiggly
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Daniela's draw. :tape::help:.

This is a SOLID draw. It's insane.

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Ivanović. :)

Andrew..
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Why is Jankovic still playing.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Na Li :rocker2:

njnetswill
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Li could make another run to QF with that draw. :lol:

Kirill_M
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Na Li

Hant11
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:15 AM
OMG awful draw for my favs :!!
lucie will play molik, then henin...
hantu-safina..then vaidisova..
golovin Q - then jankovic

horrible..

RND
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:16 AM
I can't see anyone beating Henin at this moment. :shrug:

jerryxiao1988
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Henin meets momo so early!

cartmancop
Henin with as devastating a scoreline as she chooses :lol j/k I think Henin will win over Li...

Henin's first opponent will at least be match tough after HC...
Is JJ still considering playing??
Overall a pretty solid draw, top quarter has some big time talent especially.

RND
OMG awful draw for my favs :!!
lucie will play molik, then henin...
hantu-safina..then vaidisova..
golovin Q - then jankovic

horrible..
Isn't that actually the best place to be at in the draw? :confused:

Juju4ever
I think Petrova will be a threat. Once again, Jelena got the most difficult draw with Golovin in the 2nd round. Kuznetsova should prevail, while Justine will have to face Safarova/Molik and probably Mauresmo, not easy at all.

LudwigDvorak
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Henin has a hard draw, particularly in Safarova for a first match in '08 and then Mauresmo or Dementieva. If she gets past those two rounds, the title is hers.

azza
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Yay Alicia might actually win her match

Poova
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:21 AM
OMG Marion has Na Li in 1R. Really bad draw! :(

The 1st & 3rd quarters are SO TOUGH. :eek:

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:23 AM
i knew it! peer and franny will be in na li's sector :haha: :lol:

any good test for na li :D hope she will defend most of her pts here :bounce:

roelc
golovin will win here (if henin is willing to lose a match)

crazy to say but daniela's draw could have been way worse

azmad_88
omg...

clonesheep
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Henin - Bye
Molik - Safarova
Q - Mauresmo
Q - Dementieva

This quarter would be interesting. Safarova has never lost a set to Henin and Mauresmo. She is 3-0 (6-0 in sets) against them with all wins in straight sets.

Josh.
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Daniela's draw. :tape::help:.

This is a SOLID draw. It's insane.

agreed :bowdown:

LudwigDvorak
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:30 AM
This quarter would be interesting. Safarova has never lost a set to Henin and Mauresmo. She is 3-0 (6-0 in sets) against them with all wins in straight sets.

Dementieva has also won 4/6 of her matches against Mauresmo outdoors. The two times she lost? '98 and '99.

That quarter has a very interesting 1R with Molik/Safarova and then two more potential 2Rs. I can't wait. :woohoo:

Lucyxx
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Nadia has a decent draw and doesn't usually mind playing long tournaments the week before a slam.

Some dangerous floaters yet to be placed.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:37 AM
ana :woohoo:

Poova
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Nadia will probably retire anyway... she did it in 3/4 of the tournaments she played before a Slam last year. :lol:

Ferosh
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Nadia has a decent draw and doesn't usually mind playing long tournaments the week before a slam.

Some dangerous floaters yet to be placed.

Chakvetadze in the second round is not a good draw for Nadia (0-4). After this week's loss to Garbin, I'll be happy if Nadia only manages to win her first round.

Helaena
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Henin has a hard draw, particularly in Safarova for a first match in '08 and then Mauresmo or Dementieva. If she gets past those two rounds, the title is hers.

juju getting a difficult draw, with momo and elena in her qtr, not to mention a possible 2nd against lucie who beat her first last year

ana getting and easier draw, bet she will make up for her not-so-ok performance in hong kong

daniela :help:, golovin, jankovic, good luck

kuzy, getting an easier qtr, biggest hump is na li who is on confidence right now

chinatennis
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Of course Henin,but i like Li more

LucasArg
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Justine. Maybe Amelie.

huxiaodong6868
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Na Li

#1Davenport
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:45 AM
This is a rock solid draw. Its gonna be interesting to see how it turns out. But I think Henin will win.

AcesHigh
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:54 AM
WTF?? :( Why does Henin always get these hard draws as a #1 seed!?! It's definitely not the first time. Meanwhile, Kuznetsova gets another easy draw.

Henin with a routine victory although she might have a few 7-6 or 7-5 sets ;)

Best of luck to Mauresmo and Ana

LudwigDvorak
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Peer can beat Kuznetsova again. Svetlana didn't play badly in the AO 4R, even if she was sick. So it's not THAT easy, I guess.

Goai
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:58 AM
A strong draw (expect the Australians :tape:)

Henin should win. :)

kikikid
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:09 AM
na!

esquímaux
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I really want Mauresmo to come through at this tourney, but her quarter of the draw is packed tighter than a quark star :tape: If she can get past the QF (vs Henin presumably), you can go ahead and ink her name on the trophy. Tough quarter for Marion too. Cake's 1R should be fine, but a clash with Frannie would be a bit tricky. Good luck to both ladies though.

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:15 AM
These draws :rolleyes:

So many consistencies with draws in the WTA they can't all be coincidence.

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:17 AM

She will start on wednesday if she chooses to play. She can withdraw then if she's still not 100%.

Langers
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Ivanović. :)
Easiest section of the draw, no complaints from me. ;)

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Li could make another run to QF with that draw. :lol:

and always close match vs kuzzy :eek:

RJWCapriati
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:25 AM
I didn't vote for anyone because anything is possible at the beginning of the season with a loaded draw like this! damn!!!

Leo_DFP
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:31 AM

Because she plays everywhere. :rolleyes: She loves losing matches with a ret. by her name and collecting another thousand or two.

Henin will surely win but what a field! So many juicy matchups are coming are way.

Leo_DFP
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:33 AM
No one thinks the world #2 or #3 can win. :tape: What a world.

hablo
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Poor Amélie : she has such an awful draw.

JH will probably win this.

wukenaihe
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Juju.

but hopefully it woulde be Na who lose to Juju in final.

Go Na defend ur points! and good luck Juju.

Pasta-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:45 AM
pls at least reach QF here, na li :scared: maybe beat kuzzy again? :shrug:

égalité
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Wow, this draw is on, like, steroids. The third quarter :eek:

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:56 AM
:woohoo:

Sydney always has strong draws. :hearts: :hearts:

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:00 AM
She will start on wednesday if she chooses to play. She can withdraw then if she's still not 100%.

I think Jankovic will start tuesday, maybe night session. :scratch:

Isn't Wednesday, Women's singles qtrfinal day?? :confused:

Thursday = Women's Singles Semi's
Friday Night = Women's Singles Final

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:04 AM
I expect to see Vaidisova in her career 1st "tier-II or above" final! Jankovic and Hantuchova from they quarters have big problems with injuries/health so only real problem before final is Golovin and of course probably Sveta in SF. I hope she will finaly reach her first "big" final (after 0-11 career SF record), but on other hand she will probably lose first time some final (after 6 of 6 so far)!

If JJ withdraw from this tournament (b/c Hopman Cup injury) or lose before SF (vs Golovin, Vaidisova or Hantuchova), i think Ana will tank her QF vs. Anna (she dont need that win to overtake JJ at #3).

Chance
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Looks like Justine has a tough draw. Justine and a Nicole final would be interesting

dya74
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I voted Justine, but I don't really care about next week. I just want Juu to get a good warm -up for the AO, without pushing too much

Ntour
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:58 AM
wow tough draw for juju, i hope alicia can beat lucie again

smokovec
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Good draw for Anna, a semifinal here is possible.

RenaSlam.
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Henin's draw is not a cupcake. TOUGH quarter.

The whole draw is tough.

.:sk:.
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Golovin will win because she has to play JJ ?! :lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:29 AM
The winner will come from the top quarter

Shimizu Amon
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Well in my opinion Henin has the best chance to win Sydney.
Good luck to them all.

Ninny
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:46 AM
It's not that easy for Juju :sad: most of the other players have played a tournament prior to this so they have a bit of confidence, Justine will hopefully have to play her best straight from the start - I wouldn't be so sure about her winning this. I just hope she doesn't wear herself out :rolleyes:

Just lose Juju in the 3rd round so that you will have plenty left in the tank for the AO final ;)

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Every match is interesting. Hopefully no top players get injured. Henin will win unless Momo plays out of her mind in the rd. of 16. Should be a good tournament.

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Henin's win streak will end in Sydney.

Helaena
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:00 AM
It's not that easy for Juju :sad: most of the other players have played a tournament prior to this so they have a bit of confidence, Justine will hopefully have to play her best straight from the start - I wouldn't be so sure about her winning this. I just hope she doesn't wear herself out :rolleyes:

Just lose Juju in the 3rd round so that you will have plenty left in the tank for the AO final ;)

no, not in 3rd rnd ninny, SF so she will keep that streak ;)

Elwin.
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:46 AM
WTF is Jelena doing here :o :weirdo:

spiritedenergy
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:07 AM

yeah sure, those 3 are stronger than the rest of the draw:help::tape:

anyways, Henin won't have any problem with them and will most surely win this.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I fear for Henin when she faces Ivanovic... if she manages to get through Mauresmo / Lucie / Dementieva.

Ain't going to be easy... but she can do it. Otherwise, Ivanovic will take it.

samsam4087
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Elena Dementieva will win.

Ben.
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
As much as I want one of my fave to win it, realistically I think Henin will win it as usual.

Princeza
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:20 AM
This draw is hot, i love Sydney :)

Rex59
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:29 AM
The tournament is nice, talented and the draw evenly dispersed. Not a single bad player in the bunch. Very good warm-up to the AO.

the doctor
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Ivanovic

matanuriel
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM
i knew it! peer and franny will be in na li's sector :haha: :lol:
any good test for na li :D hope she will defend most of her pts here :bounce:

What do you mean?

FrenchY52
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Not too bad for Tati.. depends on the qualifier she gets.

Calypso
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Should she overcomes Amelie, Henin will sweep the title.
Difficult to see anyone other than Mauresmo really push Justine here!

adrovi
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Justine or Anna

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:06 AM
this is the toughest i've ever seen in Tier II :scared:
but who will stop Henin? Mauresmo isn't fit enough to do that :o

Demska
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:06 AM
3rd section :help:

Just Do It
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Poor Jelena, again bad draw :sobbing:

Well, at least Justine is not in her part of the draw :lol:

nhissan
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM

:help:

ce
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:20 AM
JJ :help:
why are you playing :help:
Henin

felipe2004
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Tough draw for Juju! :(

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:15 PM
At first I read the top quarter and was like...geez this is really loaded but then I saw the rest and nobody has a particularly easy draw! Should be a great event!

aussie_fan
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:20 PM
henin is tough to go past at the moment

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:21 PM
At first I read the top quarter and was like...geez this is really loaded but then I saw the rest and nobody has a particularly easy draw! Should be a great event!
that's the reason why Sharapova will never played here ever. Sydney always get a tough draw which can scare her to death :o

*Jool*
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:26 PM
6 Q ?
solid draw , hope Kata and Tati can give Anna C and Jankovic a good fight ...
(I have a feeling Tati can reach the final ... butIMO Henin is going to win this )

LudwigDvorak
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
yeah sure, those 3 are stronger than the rest of the draw:help::tape:

anyways, Henin won't have any problem with them and will most surely win this.

I don't really consider Sveta, Jelena, Ana, Anna or Tati a threat to Henin. Neither are the three I mentioned (I know Amelie is there and she can beat her but I don't even see her getting past Elena), but all of those three go meeting Henin with match play already and in Sydney as well.

Safarova->Mauresmo/Dementieva is tougher to me than any one-two punch anyone else has in the draw. :shrug:

DragonFlame
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
justine will win but it will take a lot of energy:o That's not good the week before a grandslam.:(

Shoulderpova
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:51 PM
that's the reason why Sharapova will never played here ever. Sydney always get a tough draw which can scare her to death :o
:weirdo:
This shows not only your retardation but also your lack of information on tennis player. With Istanbul 2007 exception she has NEVER played any tournament before a GS.
You can never grow up with your pathetic hating on her :tape:
Go get a life you fucking thai idiot :wavey:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:00 PM
The top half is stacked. Unbalanced draw

spiritedenergy
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM

couldn't agree more
Expect her to have injured Jankovic, Kuznetsova, Chakvetazde in her half of the draw at the AO, while Henin and Williamses will be in the other half.:tape:

Helaena
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:12 PM
justine will win but it will take a lot of energy:o That's not good the week before a grandslam.:(

that's what's worrying me also......hope she will still have "emotional gas" left in her tank by AO, especially in the second week

.Andrew.
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Justine.

ivanban
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Woohoo, hopefully Jankovic will win those couple of games she'll play vs. Tatiana :bounce:

spiritedenergy
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I don't really consider Sveta, Jelena, Ana, Anna or Tati a threat to Henin. Neither are the three I mentioned (I know Amelie is there and she can beat her but I don't even see her getting past Elena), but all of those three go meeting Henin with match play already and in Sydney as well.

Safarova->Mauresmo/Dementieva is tougher to me than any one-two punch anyone else has in the draw. :shrug:

The only real threat to Justine is Amelie in 2006 form, which is not going to happen. I do not think that Henin will be much rusty and she'll get into her game very quickly as usual.

Chunchun
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:21 PM
highly possible that LenaD meets Momo again :armed:

Go Lena and Ana win some matches here.

LCS
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Pratt will win this! LOLOL

MisterMan
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Ivanovic has the easiest draw, with basically TWO byes into the third round. (sorry, Pratt).
Poor Elena! She has to beat Mauresmo then Henin then Ana JUST to make it to the Final.

Great tournament.

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:27 PM
:weirdo:
This shows not only your retardation but also your lack of information on tennis player. With Istanbul 2007 exception she has NEVER played any tournament before a GS.
You can never grow up with your pathetic hating on her :tape:
Go get a life you fucking thai idiot :wavey:
now who does have no life? :haha:
stop stalking me and don't forget to eat some rat poison before going to bed :wavey:

Keaka
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Pratt

cogent53
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Very strong draw for the tournament. Justine has some tough players in her quarter, but she should be able to beat them. Didn't she lose to Safarova last year? Let's hope she isn't too rusty!

allhingis
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I want Safarova to beat Henin, then the draw will be easier for Amelie (in theory)!

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:46 PM
LOL Sveta keeps getting easy draws! That girl is easy cursed! :lol: ! Well atleast we know who's gonna be no.2 at the end of the year...with this kind of draws... :lol:

BartoliBabes
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:48 PM
marion has such a tough one first round

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:48 PM
:lol: Im exciyed for this tourny! Looks more like a Tier I! (except no WS / Masha :p)

Shoulderpova
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM
now who does have no life? :haha:
stop stalking me and don't forget to eat some rat poison before going to bed :wavey:

who the hell do you think you are? :spit:
You hate every player but Vaidisova. I feel so sorry for you cause shes not gonna win anything. With all the hate that youre living with, your pitiful life wont last long :wavey:

serenus_2k8
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM
You hate every player but Vaidisova. I feel so sorry for you cause shes not gonna win anything. With all the hate that youre living with, your pitiful life wont last long :wavey:

Wow! Bit OTT, lets chill. Vaidisova is only young, you cant possibly predict that. Hate her fan, not her! :rolleyes:

I agree with you McWilliams, Marion has a realy tough start :help: I think she can do it! Hopefully she will be in good form! :bounce:

No Name Face
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Dementieva's draw :tape:

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM
am i supposed to be offended or pissed off by this useless post? :lol:
such a childish act. grow up :p

petkoan
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Pironkova is the champion....just wait for her to win the qualifications ...and then beat everybody :D :D :D

Mikey B
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM
lovin the 3rd quarter! hope they put on some good matches... hope li can continue her form, she made the semi's last year, wonder if she can do better! cant see anyone stopping henin in her half, bottom half looks more exciting..

Keaka
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Pironkova is the champion....just wait for her to win the qualifications ...and then beat everybody :D :D :D

Nope, Pratt will beat her on way to the title :rolleyes:

Where is she in the poll anyway?

Ceze
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Dementieva has also won 4/6 of her matches against Mauresmo outdoors. The two times she lost? '98 and '99.:scratch: :scratch:

serena_fan
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Jankovic :lol:

Sund7101
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Bartoli

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
petrova def. kuznetsova 7-5, 6-4 for the title

LudwigDvorak
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
:scratch: :scratch:

Yes? That's the stat. If it means anything to you as well, Mauresmo's won 6/8 of their indoor matches.

CanIGetAWhat
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Jelena Jankovic :worship:

kaktusino
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Henin or that who will beat her before final (if that happened). Wanna that will be Dementieva. )

Ceze
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Yes? That's the stat. If it means anything to you as well, Mauresmo's won 6/8 of their indoor matches.I don't have the same stats :shrug: To me, it's 4-3 for Dementieva outdoors, 5-1 for Mauresmo indoors (source: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/players/playerprofiles/playerheadtoheaddetail.asp?PlayerID=40289&Player1ID=130450)

LudwigDvorak
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I don't have the same stats :shrug: To me, it's 4-3 for Dementieva outdoors, 5-1 for Mauresmo indoors (source: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/players/playerprofiles/playerheadtoheaddetail.asp?PlayerID=40289&Player1ID=130450)

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/players/headtohead.asp?player=20005298&opponent=20008434

Those stats on the sonyericsson site are slightly wrong. YEC was not outdoors in 05 :tape: and they didn't add in one of Elena's victories in Fed Cup '01.

The H2H is 8-6, 4-2 outdoors for Elena, 6-2 for Mauresmo indoors.

Ceze
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM
http://www.itftennis.com/womens/players/headtohead.asp?player=20005298&opponent=20008434

Those stats on the sonyericsson site are slightly wrong. YEC was not outdoors in 05 :tape: and they didn't add in one of Elena's victories in Fed Cup '01.

The H2H is 8-6, 4-2 outdoors for Elena, 6-2 for Mauresmo indoors.sonyericsson site :tape: :tape: