Natalicious
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:26 PM
ajde ana :rocker2:

dybbuk
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Ajde Ana. Let's win the matches that actually matter now. :smoke:

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Sydney draw is out! First round a BYE of course, then the winner of Razzano vs Pratt. One match at a time!

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:22 AM
post the draw please Dexy :D
I'm too lazy to go find the whole thing :p

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Henin - Bye
Molik - Safarova
Q - Mauresmo
Q - Dementieva

Ivanović - Bye
Pratt - Razzano
Bammer - Petrova
Srebotnik - Chakvetadze

Hantuchova - Safina
Vaidisova - Q
Q - Golovin
Bye - Jankovic

Bartoli - Li
Schiavone - Q
Peer - Q
Bye - Kuznetsova

Voila! :D

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Thanks... but I already saw it in Dani's forum :angel: :p

No, this is good :D I like being able to check them in the same thread as the results if that makes sense :unsure:

Anyway, thanks Dexy :hug:

Langers
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Sweet! Easy draw! Cmon Ana, stuff the one match at a time theory, take this title! :yeah:

Rod the Bama
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Good looking draw for Ana. I really hope that she can take advantage of it and go on a nice run. In fact i would love to see her finally beat Justine and win the title, which would be a great start of the year for her.

dybbuk
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Considering the 1st and 3rd quarters, Ana got a great draw. Revenge against The Chak, please.

MagicMilan
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I like it :D Nice draw, it could have been much worse ;)
A minor test against Razzano, a bigger against Anna and then Justine, the biggest possible test before the Aussie
Ajde :rocker2:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Sydney draw is out! First round a BYE of course, then the winner of Razzano vs Pratt. One match at a time!

Maybe chance for a revanche on Razzano. That was from a long time ago.

Now the thing what I haven't said for a long time:
AJDE ANA!!!!!

The Daviator
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Good luck in Sydney Ana :kiss: Very likely she'll be #3 next week :worship:

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Srebotnik and Bammer both advance:eek: :D
Ajde Ana:dance:

Dexter
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I'm not pleased actually... when the draw gets more open Ana usually screws it. :o And Czakwetadze would be an easy way to open 2008 top10 wins account. That being said I'd love Ana to get 2 revenges in a row... especially against Bammer.

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:10 AM
And Czakwetadze would be an easy way to open 2008 top10 wins account.

True.:lol:
Oh well, guess we'll just have to settle for Justine.:p

Dexter
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:26 AM
True.:lol:
Oh well, guess we'll just have to settle for Justine.:pShe will do as well, I guess. :lol:

dybbuk
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I'm not pleased actually... when the draw gets more open Ana usually screws it. :o And Czakwetadze would be an easy way to open 2008 top10 wins account. That being said I'd love Ana to get 2 revenges in a row... especially against Bammer.

Yes please. No matter how many times her fans try to convince people that she is a good player, it was still one of the worst losses of last season. :o

daniela86
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Ajde Ana! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: I can't wait! :yeah: :rocker:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:43 PM

She always gets a top 10 win in Sydney.
This time I prefer a good Australian Open.

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Lucie pulled out so Ana's match is moved now on the CC. I've read it's gonna be showed on tape later on ES.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:12 AM
CC means that its shown live on free-to-air Australian tv, so YAY for me :D :p

News about Ana from my two days at Medibank... She had an hour and a half training session on Sunday afternoon, she was looking great, hitting the ball really well, serves were good etc etc etc All was great :D
Sven knocked over the box of balls accidently and Ana had a good laugh at that, unfortunately I didn't get a pic of her laughing at him though, i was busy laughing too :p Her mum got a chair and sat in the bushes to watch :lol:
I got her autograph after and said "Merry Christmas for tomorrow" :banana: she said "Thank you" and seemed a little shocked but happy :p It was sooo cute when she was leaving and walking back to teh players longue thing, a little boy (like 5yr old) asked for a photo and she leant down towards him with her hand on her back for a photo and then after that she smiled at him and ruffled his hair... SHE RUFFLED HIS HAIR!!!! That was adorable :awww:

Monday morning she trained with Sveta, they both pretty much sucked :p But Sveta was much worse... I only saw the end of it so maybe they were tired :shrug: Then she got bombarded with people for autographs and signed most (not all) before leaving.

I'll upload pics when I get a chance, maybe tonight... I have two really really nice pics of her smiling that my friend took when Ana was taking photos with people and I was getting my thing signed :D

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Ana won 1st set 6-1... on her fifth SP! :lol:

Langers
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:26 AM
She is playing amazing!

She is in such great shape! She's improved her movement a great deal and she now has a defensive side to her game. No longer does one good shot leave her left for dead. She can extend rallies with her improved fitness which is so important. And her power is just incredible.

Go Ana!

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the bits, Katie! :p As you promised you didn't forget about Xmas. ;)

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:28 AM
She is playing amazing!

She is in such great shape! She's improved her movement a great deal and she now has a defensive side to her game. No longer does one good shot leave her left for dead. She can extend rallies with her improved fitness which is so important. And her power is just incredible.

Go Ana!Good to hear that she's playing well. Hopefully the match will be uploaded when I'm back from uni.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the bits, Katie! :p As you promised you didn't forget about Xmas. ;)
I am more surprised I didn't get really shy and not say anything like usually... I was good this year :lol:

And yeah Ana is playing so well its a little boring coz VR can't do anything :p

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:43 AM
And yeah Ana is playing so well its a little boring coz VR can't do anything :pGuess what, I don't mind. :p

Ana DFs on a BP as we speak. :o:o:o

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:53 AM
I jinxed it :tape:

Now she is making way too many UEs :o

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:01 AM
61 26... :drink:

Langers
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Phew! Great fight, she's pumped!

Cmon Ana!!!

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Y'all can thank me :angel:

I stopped watching for the 2nd set and the 1st 7 games of the 3rd set coz I was busy and i started watching again at 2-5 and she never lost a game :bounce:

She is soooo pumped!!!

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Ana came back from 2-5 in the 3rd to win 61 26 75! :crazy:

She's a maniac, maniiiiac on the court! :lol:

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Katie, thank you. :wavey:

Happy now? :p

dybbuk
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Great fight Ana. :p She has no chance against Justine like this, but on the bright side, I will see my first live Ana match of 2008 tomorrow night. :lol:

Langers
Jan 8th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Well that was certainly much closer than it should have been. She played unbelievably well in the 1st set, one of the best sets of tennis I’ve seen her play. She was hitting winner after winner and she was really mixing it up by coming into net every now and then and her volleying was impressive. As I said earlier, her movement has improved out of sight and she’s able to get to a lot more balls now. She’s lost a bit of weight since I last saw her which is good.

I’m not sure what happened in the second set. She was still playing decently but her opponent started to really lift her play and use Ana’s pace. Ana had a few chances to get back into the set but after a long game at 4-2 she failed to take a few break points and Razzano held her serve. Then Ana was broken to love in the final game of the set and she was looking to finish the set as quickly as possible. At the conclusion of the set, her coach came down and spoke to her and gave her some encouragement.

She started off the third set with the instructions of hitting the ball deeper and taking it right to Razzano. However she started the final set pretty poorly and she found herself in a big hole down 5-2. She was in trouble on serve but she managed to hold on and then when Razzano was serving for the set she really tightened up and Ana took full advantage. After breaking to make it 5-4, Ana’s service game was extremely solid. She served very well and from this point onwards there was only going to be one winner. Ana was extremely pumped up towards the latter stages of the set and after every point she won she was pumping the fist. She gave her typical squeal after taking the match and lots of fist pumping.

Well it was a lot tougher than I had anticipated, especially after she cruised through the 1st set. It’s hard to explain what happened because she’s in such great condition and she was hitting the ball as clean as ever. She did start making quite a few unforced errors and although her backhand has improved a heck of a lot it is one room for further improvement as it’s a tad unreliable. I’d extremely glad she won because I think she needs to get a few more matches under her belt before the Australian Open in order to be fully prepared.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 8th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Katie, thank you. :wavey:

Happy now? :p
Yes :angel:

Now hopefully i have the same affect next match if its CC :p

MagicMilan
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Exactly a type of match she needs to play before the Aussie :) It's good she's been tested and even better she got away with a win :D
SF with Justine closer and closer ;)

forever young
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I Wish Her Luck.

dybbuk
Jan 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Court 1 (from 11.00hrs)
1. ATP: Simon vs. Berdych
2. ATP: Grosjean vs. Verdasco
3. Ivanovic vs. Srebotnik
4. ATP: Gasquet/Tsonga vs. Damm/Vizner
5. ATP: Moyá vs. Calleri

Ajde Ana :cool:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Well that was certainly much closer than it should have been. She played unbelievably well in the 1st set, one of the best sets of tennis I’ve seen her play. She was hitting winner after winner and she was really mixing it up by coming into net every now and then and her volleying was impressive. As I said earlier, her movement has improved out of sight and she’s able to get to a lot more balls now. She’s lost a bit of weight since I last saw her which is good.

I’m not sure what happened in the second set. She was still playing decently but her opponent started to really lift her play and use Ana’s pace. Ana had a few chances to get back into the set but after a long game at 4-2 she failed to take a few break points and Razzano held her serve. Then Ana was broken to love in the final game of the set and she was looking to finish the set as quickly as possible. At the conclusion of the set, her coach came down and spoke to her and gave her some encouragement.

She started off the third set with the instructions of hitting the ball deeper and taking it right to Razzano. However she started the final set pretty poorly and she found herself in a big hole down 5-2. She was in trouble on serve but she managed to hold on and then when Razzano was serving for the set she really tightened up and Ana took full advantage. After breaking to make it 5-4, Ana’s service game was extremely solid. She served very well and from this point onwards there was only going to be one winner. Ana was extremely pumped up towards the latter stages of the set and after every point she won she was pumping the fist. She gave her typical squeal after taking the match and lots of fist pumping.

Well it was a lot tougher than I had anticipated, especially after she cruised through the 1st set. It’s hard to explain what happened because she’s in such great condition and she was hitting the ball as clean as ever. She did start making quite a few unforced errors and although her backhand has improved a heck of a lot it is one room for further improvement as it’s a tad unreliable. I’d extremely glad she won because I think she needs to get a few more matches under her belt before the Australian Open in order to be fully prepared.

Haven't seen the match yet, but isn't it just that Razzano played great after the 1st set? Or was it more that Ana couldn't get her level?
I think you can't underestimate Razzano. I always find her a great player but she misses it to close out matches.
Mauresmo won Antwerp last year, but her toughest match was certainly against Razzano. In the end of the sets Razzano just failed to finish it. I certainly believe this girl can reach top 20 once she knows how to finish the job.

Back to your review. It kinda sounds as Ana played the same as her 2 first matches at YEC. Great first set, but after that it was just working.

I hope Ana's match goes easier today. Srebotnik is a nice opponent for Ana's game.
Although Kata seems in a good form now.

AJDE ANA!!!!

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Ana's MP was on the Sport News on the National Polish TV! :eek: Considering they hardly ever show tennis in the news except during GSs, that's shocking! Ana is a real star then, I guess. :shrug:

daniela86
Jan 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Amazing Ana :worship: :worship: :bowdown:! Such a fight and comeback should boost her confidence :D! Good luck against Kata now :bounce:

Rod the Bama
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Tougher match than expected for Ana, but i`m glad that she showed some toughness in getting the win. :clap2:

kirilenko_ishot
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM
it was a brilliant match, first time i got to see ana live
when she was down 5-2, 0-30 on her serve in the final set, pretty much everyone in the stadium had written her off
it was an amazing comeback to win 7-5, it shows her fighting spirit. even when most people thought she had no chance, she was still fist pumping and genuinely believed that she would always win the game
The serbian fans helped ana a lot- their yelling and cheering during razzano's serve really put her off and she served a few doubles
i'll try and go again during the week

DownTheLine21
Jan 9th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Ana's QF match will begin soon, but I just wanted to celebrate the amazing win yesterday. That's the kind of fight and heart a player needs to be a GS champion.

dybbuk
Jan 9th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Ana's QF match will begin soon, but I just wanted to celebrate the amazing win yesterday. That's the kind of fight and heart a player needs to be a GS champion.

:wavey: Haven't seen you around for some time.

Ana held to love to start the match.

Dexter
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Ana won first set 6-3. :yeah: 79% of 1st serves in, hope she has no letdown in the 2nd this time!

dybbuk
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:12 AM
I've followed Ana for 2 and a half years, and 79% is the highest I can ever remember. :lol:

Up a break in the second, keep it going Ana. :cool:

Dexter
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Ana just served 3 aces in a row - including one on 2nd serve - from 15-30 to extend the lead to *3-1. :lol:
Someone convert Ana's MP in PYW. :p

Dexter
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:39 AM
... and 5 games lost in a row. :o

Dexter
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Ana wins 63 36 62. :crazy:
Ana is like French language, when things can be easy you just have to make it more difficult.

Now against Justine (or Kaia :p) in the SF. Good luck, you'll need it!

dybbuk
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Finally :p Good luck against Justine, you can do it. :cool:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:47 AM
She's starting to be the Nalbandian of WTA.
With the difference that Ana wins the 1st set instead of losing.

Congrats, girl. Rank 3 is near.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:57 AM
I guess Ana will finish it sooner tomorrow. Not that you can take that as a good thing.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Jelena lost, Ana NUMBER 3!!!!!!!

MagicMilan
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Congrats Anci for a nice win :D and a new career high ranking :worship:
Don't stop there ;)
I can't wait for the match with Justine :drool:

Langers
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Haven't seen the match yet, but isn't it just that Razzano played great after the 1st set? Or was it more that Ana couldn't get her level?
I think you can't underestimate Razzano. I always find her a great player but she misses it to close out matches.
Mauresmo won Antwerp last year, but her toughest match was certainly against Razzano. In the end of the sets Razzano just failed to finish it. I certainly believe this girl can reach top 20 once she knows how to finish the job.

Back to your review. It kinda sounds as Ana played the same as her 2 first matches at YEC. Great first set, but after that it was just working.
Sorry for the delay. Not sure if it matters anymore but I’ll post anyway. ;)

I probably am underestimating Razzano as she did play very well after the 1st set. She does have the tools to be a good player but for whatever reason she’s not ranked higher. Maybe you’re right; maybe she just fails to close out matches because she certainly choked when trying to finish the match. As soon as she served the double fault to begin the game while serving at 5-3 you knew victory was Ana’s.

Ana definitely lowered her standard of play after the first set. She was on fire in the first set as she was overpowered Razzano and kept her on the back foot. She was smoking winners from everywhere on the court. It was a joy to watch. However she started making more errors from that point onwards and Razzano fed off the errors and started lifting her play. It was definitely combination of the two.

Anyway she’s through to the Semi's and if she can play the same way she did in the first set throughout the entire match she won’t be losing to anybody on tour.

Dexter
Jan 9th, 2008, 02:06 PM
#3! :woohoo:

I watched the comeback from yesterday and not for one point after 2-5 she looked like she's going to lose. Razzano except for that DF and an easy FH which would give her 15-30 on Ana's serve @ 5-4* didn't made horrible choke-like errors.

Mr. Gospodin
Jan 9th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Sorry for the delay. Not sure if it matters anymore but I’ll post anyway. ;)

I probably am underestimating Razzano as she did play very well after the 1st set. She does have the tools to be a good player but for whatever reason she’s not ranked higher. Maybe you’re right; maybe she just fails to close out matches because she certainly choked when trying to finish the match. As soon as she served the double fault to begin the game while serving at 5-3 you knew victory was Ana’s.

Ana definitely lowered her standard of play after the first set. She was on fire in the first set as she was overpowered Razzano and kept her on the back foot. She was smoking winners from everywhere on the court. It was a joy to watch. However she started making more errors from that point onwards and Razzano fed off the errors and started lifting her play. It was definitely combination of the two.

Anyway she’s through to the Semi's and if she can play the same way she did in the first set throughout the entire match she won’t be losing to anybody on tour.
I don't think Ana lowered her standard of play in the second set. I think Razzano increased her game in the second set.

If you were to follow the British online bettings odds you would have noticed the most amount of money a better could win in the shortest amount of minutes was betting on Razzano to win some games to love, which happened. Razzano won a game to love, which the decimal odds were 34. Bet $10 dollars and you get $330 in winnings. Opening bets for Ana to win the match was 1.02. Bet $10 and you get $0.20 in winnings. By the time the score became 5-something for Razzano in the third, the odds for Ana winning were higher than Razzano by lots.

Why did Sven storm off the court after Ana's victory? The video footage was on the news in more than one country. She called him to court when she was down by lots, and won after his advice. He should have been cheering with the rest of Ana's fans. Thank you Eurosport France for the video selection broadcast!

Dexter
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
My only guess is that he rushed to the lockerrooms to talk with her. :shrug:

DownTheLine21
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Great win! I would like to see Ana winning at little easier, but, like we always say, a win is a win. Hopefully her confidence continues to grow as the AO draws nearer.

DownTheLine21
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM
:wavey: Haven't seen you around for some time.

Ana held to love to start the match.

I know. I had exams, a tournament, and then an extended vacation/break. However, I'm now back since I cannot miss the Australian season.

Mr. Gospodin
Jan 9th, 2008, 05:11 PM
My only guess is that he rushed to the lockerrooms to talk with her. :shrug:

That's a big stadium for being in a need to rush somewhere. What possibly could there be that is so important to go talk to her immediately after a victory? Maybe he had to go use the watercloset? In that case there is a special seat for him at the Rexall tennis stadium waiting for him courtesy of the Rogers Cup. I have the photo if you or anyone else is interested.

dybbuk
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, Mr. Gospodin, what is with you and your Ana conspiracy theories? :unsure: I'm sure Sven was just running down to the nearest supermarket to buy Ana some hair dye. :o

Mr. Gospodin
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Just out of curiosity, Mr. Gospodin, what is with you and your Ana conspiracy theories? :unsure: I'm sure Sven was just running down to the nearest supermarket to buy Ana some hair dye. :o

Since when is it funny to be losing a defending title in the first round? On marihuanna? Or maybe from the nirtrous oxide leak from the courtesy tournament vehicle?

FYI: Nitrous Oxide is a fuel combustion accelerator in racing cars, which is also used to put patients out. It's also known as a laughing gas. One small leak and the driver and their occupants laugh.

dybbuk
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Not even gonna touch that one :spit:

Langers
Jan 10th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Why did Sven storm off the court after Ana's victory? The video footage was on the news in more than one country. She called him to court when she was down by lots, and won after his advice. He should have been cheering with the rest of Ana's fans. Thank you Eurosport France for the video selection broadcast!
Cmon! He just wanted to get down to the rooms quickly. It's normal for that to happen, the coaches will often leave as soon as the match is over. Nothing strange about what he did.

Dexter
Jan 10th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Ana won 2nd set 6-2! :banana: From a break down! :eek:
Now everybody can stop ranting she's never won a set of big trio! :o

ninanina19
Jan 10th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Break now!!!

Dexter
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Ana lost 26 62 46. At last she won a set off her... too bad about one poor game in the 3rd, she cruised in all her service game in the 3rd but that one. :sad:

DownTheLine21
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Despite the loss, I'm still very pleased with this result. Taking Justine to three sets for the first time bodes very well for her performance in the upcoming AO.

Dexter
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Stats say she's been coming to the net a lot. It's not a bad idea to practice volleys before the GS, next tournament is all what counts ATM. Now we wait for the draw to come out... Ana will be seeded to reach the SFs for the first time in her career. But she might face one of Serena, Venus, Maria or Anna in the QFs... and there's Lindsay and other unseeded dangerous players that she might face early. I hope she has a smooth path in the beginning.

Rod the Bama
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Tough loss for Ana. :sad: I really love the fight she showed after losing the first set. I think that tonight`s match is progress for Ana against Justine and is a nice gauge on where her game is before the Australian Open.

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Its a good start to regular season. Glad she got the set at least.:D
Aussie Open is gonna rock!:rocker:

BTW, is she going to be 3, or 4 at AO?:help:

Langers
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Stats say she's been coming to the net a lot. It's not a bad idea to practice volleys before the GS, next tournament is all what counts ATM. Now we wait for the draw to come out... Ana will be seeded to reach the SFs for the first time in her career. But she might face one of Serena, Venus, Maria or Anna in the QFs... and there's Lindsay and other unseeded dangerous players that she might face early. I hope she has a smooth path in the beginning.
I used to get pretty nervous when she came to the net as she hasn't been able to volley, at least not competently on a consistent basis. However I definitely feel she has improved her play at the net and I don't worry so much when I see her coming in. She needs to approach on the right ball and if she does she’ll win a decent % of points at the net with her improved volleying abilities.

As for today’s loss, it’s disappointing but she took a set and really troubled Henin. A very important tournament for her Australian Open preparation.

madamtennis
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:31 AM
it's so bad that Ana lost, but at least she won a set against Justine.Ana is the new world #3 :bounce::woohoo: and #1 serbian player.Her seeding for AO will be still #4 but who cares, anyway she is one of the 4 top seeds;)

MagicMilan
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:35 AM
:sad: Justine really wasn't on top of her game and Ana had a good chance of beating her this time :sad: Nevertheless, it's been a good showing here in Sydney so there's every reason to be optimistic ahead of the Aussie. Good luck in Melbourne :D

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:32 AM
She did better then I expected her to do so I'm happy :D :banana:

On a side note, Justine and Sveta in the final together is funny, I saw them together sooo much when i was in Sydney either laughing and having a chat off the courts or out on the courts training together :lol:

DownTheLine21
Jan 10th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I used to get pretty nervous when she came to the net as she hasn't been able to volley, at least not competently on a consistent basis. However I definitely feel she has improved her play at the net and I don't worry so much when I see her coming in. She needs to approach on the right ball and if she does she’ll win a decent % of points at the net with her improved volleying abilities.

As for today’s loss, it’s disappointing but she took a set and really troubled Henin. A very important tournament for her Australian Open preparation.

I agree. Her volleys have definitely improved, as Ana seemed much more comfortable at the net yesterday. At the USO, I remember that she made many net errors (especially against Venus), so it is very interesting to see this aspect of her game improve.

dybbuk
Jan 10th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Too bad she couldn't win, but it's a huge mental victory for her to get a set off of Henin. Justine clearly wasn't at her best, but neither was Ana, and instead Ana outfought Justine to win that set. Ana was really quite good at net, she has improved that aspect of her game so much. She was approaching smartly and knocking off almost all the volleys with ease. Even though she lost, I can't help but think this is a big step forward in her career, and I am very positive about the AO now.

G~Playa
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Can't wait to see Ana at the Open

Dexter
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Ana got Venus in QF and Sveta/Anna in the SFs so far.

dybbuk
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Cirstea first round.

Dexter
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Any other info? They're so late with putting the draw up on their website! :o

Dexter
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:55 PM
3rd round Mirza allegedly.

Dexter
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:04 PM
[8] Venus Williams
[31] Sania Mirza

[24] Na Li
[10] Marion Bartoli

[16] Dinara Safina
[21] Alona Bondarenko

[28] Katarina Srebotnik
Tathiana Garbin vs Eleni Daniilidou
[4] Ana Ivanović vs Sorana Cirstea

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Finally draw is up on the site!
Ana's 1st two are pretty easy I think and then Kata in the 3rd that should be ok and then Dinara 4th round, again should be ok. Venus in the QF, which will be interesting!
and I'm gonna stop there :p

dybbuk
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Cirstea is talented, it's one of the tougher first rounds she could have gotten IMO. Ana really should make the QF without much trouble if she is playing well though. Venus worries me. She isn't usually great in Australia though, so we can hope for an early loss? :o

Langers
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Great draw IMO. Very smooth ride into the Quarters should she play well.

DownTheLine21
Jan 11th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I like the draw. As long as she's playing well, Ana should make it into the QF pretty easily. From this point, I hope she can get her revenge against Venus.

Rod the Bama
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Ana has a very favorable looking draw. If she can remain focus, then i can see her reaching the quarterfinals for a likely matchup against Venus. Anything beyond that would be very good. So hopefully Ana can get it going down in Melbourne.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 11th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Ana why Venus in the QF :hysteric: hopefully she destroys everyone up until that point though....

ajde!!!

Princeza
Jan 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Go baby girl :hearts:

madamtennis
Jan 11th, 2008, 04:42 PM
ana can really reach final but Vee:rolleyes:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 11th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Draw is easy of course.
Henin, Jankovic, Sharapova, Davenport, Serena, Mauresmo, Vaidisova, Dementieva, all are in top half.

It really looks like it's gonna be Ana or Venus in the final.

It's also a great draw again for Chakvetadze and Kuznetsova. Just as usual.

Safina, Srebotnik, Daniilidou. That are exactly the players I like Ana to play against. I'm really confident with that.

I was kinda scared with Olaru at RG Round 3.
Now the same with this first round, against Cirstea.
At one day that girl is gonna beat some top players. Let's hope it's not against Ana.

When Ana lost against Henin, I wasn't so sad as usual. Maybe that set made the difference. I was actually positive that day, which is odd at a day that Ana loses. I'm just having the thought that it will be allright anyway.
That this tournament might be even greater than I hope for.

After Amelia Island last year I had Wimbledon in my mind and that it would be a great tournament for Ana. At least semifinal.
It was correct, but 'sadly' not more than that.

It really can be Ana's time now. The preparation went kinda like I wanted. Not much in Hong Kong, but SF in Sydney and a good match against Henin.
For months I'm wondering how Ana will react after winning the final point of a grandslam final. She's mostly the same after every tournament win, but a slam can be different.
I'm looking forward to the begining of Melbourne!

Would be funny if Lindsay can repeat her 6-0 6-0 in the 2nd round of this tournament. I guess Maria will still be top 10 then, but it's still a fall.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 11th, 2008, 11:19 PM
It really looks like it's gonna be Ana or Venus in the final.
Why is Sveta not being seen as a final contender :scratch:
I think she maybe has a better chance then Ana and Venus :shrug:

Would be funny if Lindsay can repeat her 6-0 6-0 in the 2nd round of this tournament. I guess Maria will still be top 10 then, but it's still a fall.

That wouldn't be funny :ras:
You're mean :( :sad:

Langers
Jan 12th, 2008, 01:15 AM
It's also a great draw again for Chakvetadze and Kuznetsova. Just as usual.
Seems Ana fans don't particulary like Chakvetadze. ;) I agree.

Anyway I'll be leaving for Melbourne tomorrow so no more posts by me until next Saturday or Sunday. I'll post plenty of pics when I get home.

I've got a good feeling about this tournament and I really believe she can go deep if she's playing at her best.

Cmon Ana! :rocker2:

dybbuk
Jan 12th, 2008, 03:21 AM
That wouldn't be funny :ras:
You're mean :( :sad:

It wouldn't be funny, but come on, if there is any justice Lindsay will beat Maria. :sobbing:

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 12th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Alex honey, i don't like Lindsay at all so I am hoping there is no Justice :angel:

Dexter
Jan 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Why is Sveta not being seen as a final contender :scratch:
I think she maybe has a better chance then Ana and Venus :shrug:
Somehow, when Ana is going to play Sveta I'm not really concerned. I mean this girl has really some mental problems and when she is to meet somebody with more stable psyche she collapses in 90% cases.

Princeza
Jan 12th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Alex honey, i don't like Lindsay at all so I am hoping there is no Justice :angel:

That's the spirit :lol:

Freakan
Jan 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Real Jock has its banner on Ana's website :help:

Dexter
Jan 12th, 2008, 01:19 PM
or HotelReservations... :rolleyes: Can't believe they can't afford running website w/o ads. :o

dybbuk
Jan 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM

:speakles: Who doesn't like Lindsay? :ras: :p

dybbuk
Jan 12th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Real Jock has its banner on Ana's website :help:

Isn't Ana supposed to be a homophobic lesbian or something? :spit:

Dexter
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:11 PM
:haha:. Even though half of her fans are gay guys. :lol:
I mean I know a couple at least. :angel:

doni1212
Jan 12th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Good luck Ana!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dexter
Jan 13th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Finally I had time to download and watch 2nd set of Sydney SF. Sure Justine served like crap, but Ana was stunning... she was bossing on her serves with that FH of hers and won most of the times when she approached the net. Some yummilicious volleyes, passings & returns... let alone FHs inside-out. :drool: If she only could keep it up for AO, then she shouldn't have much problems reaching QFs at least.

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Ana is 3rd up on Vodafone Arena against Sorana tomorrow.
Ajde!!!

dybbuk
Jan 14th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Ajde Ana! :dance: I'm not sure if ESPN360 if for the entire event or just for today, but if it is I will see her match tommorow. :cool:

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 14th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Hopefully can find an internet feed, and if not the SB watching will do.
AJDE!!!!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 14th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I'm not sure if I can even watch it.
I see her live streams for bet365 and williamhill, but I can't get access cause of the dutch law.
I saw channelsurfing.net had only Rod Laver Arena.
And for the first time I don't see any live stream on eurosport.

I really hope there's another to watch it :sad:

AJDE ANA!!!!

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 14th, 2008, 11:22 AM
:speakles: Who doesn't like Lindsay? :ras: :p
People with taste :angel:

Somehow, when Ana is going to play Sveta I'm not really concerned. I mean this girl has really some mental problems and when she is to meet somebody with more stable psyche she collapses in 90% cases.
True. But when Sveta keeps it under control i see her as extremely dangerous... Its just hard to know what to expect until the match is on :shrug:

or HotelReservations... :rolleyes: Can't believe they can't afford running website w/o ads. :o
There seems to have been a lot of "official" complaints but i doubt it will be reversed.

Damn, why does she have to be 3rd on :rolleyes:
Daniela is first and Ana is third which means if I want to see them both then i can't go out all day :lol:

DownTheLine21
Jan 14th, 2008, 01:15 PM
And so it begins...I'm not expecting Ana to have too much trouble today, but, nonetheless, I hope she comes out in top form .

DownTheLine21
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Ajde Ana! :dance: I'm not sure if ESPN360 if for the entire event or just for today, but if it is I will see her match tommorow. :cool:

I'm going to watch it on ESPN360 as well.

Princeza
Jan 14th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Ajde baby girl :hearts:
Hope i'll be able to watch her :angel:

Dexter
Jan 15th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Ana won 1st set 7-5. Quite horrible stats at the beginning... Sorana even served for the set at *5-4, but did blink and next think she knew Ana was 6-5 up... Great FH to convert the SP. :yeah:

Dexter
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Ana won 75 63. Some drama in the last stages... The Hawkeye went down and it pissed Ana off as there were many calls against her... When she finally closed it out, she refused to shake hands with the umpire. Ajde! :hearts:

dybbuk
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Ana :kiss: I like that it was tough. I'm always wary when she has the 1 and 1 type early round matches, she usually manages to screw things up in later rounds. :o

:drool: @ at refusing to shake hands

Dexter
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who actually enjoyed how Ana reacted at the end. :lol: As bitchy as it was, it was also classy at the same time. :devil:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 15th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Garbin won easily.
Hopefully Ana can win again in 2 sets.

This half gets weaker and weaker. Ana really has chances here.

Dexter
Jan 15th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Ana's draw until the QFs looks incredibly easy atm... She can't screw it.

Dexter
Jan 15th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Apparently the umpire was from Poland. :spit: :o

Just Do It
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:03 AM
What happened with the umpire ? :lol: I havent watched it.

Princeza
Jan 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Listen to the "ajde" on match point :drool:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0_b8pV66OuY

DownTheLine21
Jan 15th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Cirstea was playing fearlessly in the first set, but, like a champion, Ana was able to tough it out. In the second set, she just raised her level. Her shots were penetrating the court much harder, and Cirstea was making a few more errors. Garbin should be an easy 2R opponent, so let's hope that it goes smoothly.

The Daviator
Jan 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Congrats Ana :D I thought she played quite well against a tricky opponent, her or Venus will be in the final IMO, that QF is huge, good luck Ana :kiss:

MagicMilan
Jan 15th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah :D Cirstea is good ;) I just watched the tape and after seeing her for the first time, I'm sure Sorana will have a very bright future :)
The draw is opening very nice, QF is a must :D

leo830301
Jan 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM
The Best Player with the Worst Chair Umpire...
Anyway, she won!
Keep up the good work, Ana!

kirilenko_ishot
Jan 15th, 2008, 07:46 PM
good win
i enjoyed the bitchyness at the end, and it was probably deserved. the bad sportsmanship shows that shes probably becoming more and more australian. the draw does look very good for ana

dulkogii
Jan 16th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Go ana!

Dexter
Jan 16th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I knew it! :( Ana plays the night match tomorrow... I've got an exam then... :sad:
Ajde though!!!

kirilenko_ishot
Jan 16th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I actually wanted a night game
The tv station covering it in australia don't really care about women's tennis
They prefer to show pointless and boring mens matches (last week they showed a mens practice tournament instead of the ivanovic vs henin match)
with a night game they will be forced to show it on tv
best of luck for ana!!

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 16th, 2008, 08:21 AM
good win
i enjoyed the bitchyness at the end, and it was probably deserved. the bad sportsmanship shows that shes probably becoming more and more australian. the draw does look very good for ana

Yeah it does sound like she is becoming an Aussie :haha:
just as long as she doesn't turn out like Hewitt :p
BTW, i really really hate players not shaking the hand of the Umpire, but i guess at least she didn't totally snob her.

Night match :banana:
That's huge that she gets a night match! Like it was mentioned before, women's tennis gets nothing here BUT the night matches get a lot of viewers so she will for sure be getting her name out there and seeing she already has lots of fans in Oz, this will be great for her. Plus I get to watch her :bounce:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
its great she gets the night match :D hopefully its a good match cause the night matches so far have all be snooze fests....

Princeza
Jan 16th, 2008, 04:07 PM
:woohoo: i can see the match

DownTheLine21
Jan 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Well, it's going to be 3:30AM here when the match starts, but I might set my alarm. This should be a relatively simple victory, correct?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 16th, 2008, 06:11 PM
relatively simple victory, correct?

It's number 3 against 40 and she never lost to Garbin before ;)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 16th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I knew it! :( Ana plays the night match tomorrow... I've got an exam then... :sad:
Ajde though!!!

Same problem for me :sad:
I try to record it and watch when I get home.

dybbuk
Jan 16th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I didn't wake up for Lindsay-Maria, I'm sure as hell not going to wake up for Ana-Garbin. :spit: Ajde Ana!

Dexter
Jan 17th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Okay, I'm sick so I am allowed to stay... I should manage to watch the match and go to exam then... :unsure:

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 17th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Get well soon Dexter:drink:

I should be working right now but fortunately have some flexibility in my hours. Hope its a solid win, or just a win would be good too.:)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 17th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Have to work in 30 minutes.
Srebotnik is already through, so hopefully a repeat of Sydney.

AJDE ANA!!!!

(not surprised that Caroline won)

dybbuk
Jan 17th, 2008, 07:49 AM
So, I know I said I wouldn't get up to watch it, but here I am, and, ironically enough, ESPN is showing Blake. :o

dybbuk
Jan 17th, 2008, 08:00 AM
:sobbing: No Ana, but ESPN can show Spadea on Court 7. There isn't a camera over the court like the show courts, so there is one on the side, they have to scroll from side to side so you can see the ball being hit. This crap instead of Ana! :sobbing:

Dexter
Jan 17th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Decent, solid tennis is enough to bagel Tax. :yeah: Ana made only 4 UEs in the 1st set. Keep it up, ajde!!!

Dexter
Jan 17th, 2008, 08:31 AM
As often Ana lost concentration with a break up in the 2nd set... *4-2 now.

Dexter
Jan 17th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Ana won on her 6th MP - 60 63. :lol: Miss-Entertainment strikes again... it could've been easily 60 60.
3rd round against Kata Srebotnik. Ajde!!!

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 17th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Nice score, nice stats:drool:

dybbuk
Jan 17th, 2008, 08:53 AM
:yeah:

Going to bed now. :p

Rod the Bama
Jan 17th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Good win by Ana. :clap2: It was a nice routine win for her. Now i also can go finally to bed.

Dexter
Jan 17th, 2008, 09:09 AM
And I can go to have an exam... :lol::p

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 17th, 2008, 09:39 AM
That was entertaining with Ana's tennis and fist pumps and then with Garbin's smiles/laughing and getting the crowd to cheer louder for her :lol:

I'm very proud of Ana, awesome display of tennis, EXCEPT towards the end of the 2nd, that was annoying :p

And now Baggy and Marat, droolfest all around! :D :drool:
What a night of tennis! :inlove:

Princeza
Jan 17th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Ana + Marat = :drool:

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 17th, 2008, 10:00 AM
True... But i still want Dani to have Marat's babies :haha:

DownTheLine21
Jan 17th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I didn't see the match, but, from the comments, it seems like Ana played flawlessly for most of it. Based on the scoreline, this was a routine victory. The third round match against Srebotnik should be a little more difficult, but Ana shouldn't have too much trouble.

The Daviator
Jan 17th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Ana :D Keep going strong :yeah: Venus looked very ropey against Pin, this is a great chance for Ana to finally get her :devil:

Dexter
Jan 17th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Ana :D Keep going strong :yeah: Venus looked very ropey against Pin, this is a great chance for Ana to finally get her :devil:Didn't she look 'ropey' against Akiko at one of the tournaments last year? :lol:

DownTheLine21
Jan 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Didn't she look 'ropey' against Akiko at one of the tournaments last year? :lol:

Yeah. It seems like Venus always raises her level when she plays the top players.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I'll give a critical note of this match.

6-0 6-3 sounds pretty easy if you look at that. Ana didn't play great actually. Garbin showed nothing today. Ana should have a made it 6-0 6-0.
I liked what I've seen in the first few games but begining 2nd set it wasn't good at all. Ana played really wild, looked insecure and gave me the feeling she didn't know where to hit.
You can say a win is a win, but that's too easy to say. If she plays her game like this she will beat Srebotnik and I guess also Wozniacki, but won't win a set against Venus.
Ana should play way smarter. Just play it easy. Just hit the ball to the open corner and the get the point.
Problem with the draw is that she won't be really tested before she plays Venus. The level in that match will be 10 times higher then all her matches before that. That's what worries me. At US Open it was the same. Easy 3 rounds, but then knocked out by Venus.
I really believe Ana can beat Venus, but she should make her game easier.
Today, Ana got a lot of time to do whatever she wants with the ball.
Maybe that's a reason for the errors.
'
If I looked at Maria's match against Davenport, Maria just played great. She needed just one chance to win the point and really didn't need the errors of Davenport the win them.
Ana isn't consistent enough to do the same. Maria looks a lot further at that part.

It maybe sounds negative, but I just worry about the later rounds.
Ana is just a LOT better than Garbin, Cirstea, Wozniacki and Lisicki.
Her best game is not needed to beat them.
I just say that Ana's game like it was today is certainly not enough to beat Venus. It's not only the errors, but also the placement.
Of course it's a victory so I'm happy about that. Now again a match against Srebotnik.

Danči Dementia
Jan 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
She needs tof ix up her "strategie" against Venus

Ana´s skills in my opinion atm are better than Venus´s.....so anyway what if Venus loses before facing Ana?

And also Davenport played like shit yesterday...you can tell the difference between her and the best players....I really don´t thinkl that Sharapova was that great yesterday

Danči Dementia
Jan 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Ajde Ana
VAMOS

The Daviator
Jan 17th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Didn't she look 'ropey' against Akiko at one of the tournaments last year? :lol:

This is not grass ;) :p

She needs tof ix up her "strategie" against Venus

Ana´s skills in my opinion atm are better than Venus´s.....so anyway what if Venus loses before facing Ana?

And also Davenport played like shit yesterday...you can tell the difference between her and the best players....I really don´t thinkl that Sharapova was that great yesterday

WTF? Pova was amazing yesterday :lol:

kirilenko_ishot
Jan 18th, 2008, 04:32 AM
it was a good win, but garbin played pretty badly in parts of the second set
the commentators said that they thought ana's dress was in the top 5 of best ever tennis dresses
there was also a pretty funny post match interview, she was asked about fans requesting signatures in strange places, and she talked about when someone asked her to sign his boxer shorts. when she was asked if she signed it, she blushed but had a huge smile on her face. she then covered part of her face with her visor and the interview ended while she walked around and waved to the crowd again!
ana also got a 5 minute segment on a current affairs program about how shes really marketable and also cause of the new endorsement deal she signed with yonex. they also reckon that she'll eventually earn more than sharapova cause of her nicer personality and charisma (totally agree)

dybbuk
Jan 18th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Ana's third on Vodafone tommorow, after a women's match and a men's match. Ajde Ana!!

Dexter
Jan 18th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Good time, but I wanted her to be on the RLA again. :awww: And I wanted Aga vs Swieta as a night match...
Venus got it for the 2nd time instead.
Ajde Ana, straight sets please!!!

DownTheLine21
Jan 18th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I'm hoping for a straight sets victory against Srebotnik. It was a struggle in their last match-up, but I expect this one to be different.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
That won't be much sleep today, but at least I can see the whole match live which counts the most.

She can reach the quarterfinal without playing a player in top 25.
So actually it's a must. We'll see.

AJDE ANA!!!!

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 18th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Results have been steadily getting better each match this year; id say shes nearly warmed up. I expect this Srebotnik encounter to be much more convincing.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 19th, 2008, 02:35 AM
When I say the names Blake - Grosjean, I already knew it!
Ana won't play soon for sure.
It will be 5 sets and Blake will blow it again.

Ana plays in 2 hours or so.

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 02:38 AM
I know! :haha: I expect fat John to tank sets 3 & 4 and win the 5th 10-8. :tape::lol: Anyway, I don't regret waking up early... Aga's made my day (and Masza too! :D). Ana's match left as a dessert. ;)

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Grosjean is *4-1 up in the 4th. He can't screw it. :unsure:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:02 AM
I know! :haha: I expect fat John to tank sets 3 & 4 and win the 5th 10-8. :tape::lol: Anyway, I don't regret waking up early... Aga's made my day (and Masza too! :D). Ana's match left as a dessert. ;)

Well, that dessert can maybe destroy all the good things of the day.
So she just HAS to win.

AJDE!!!!

Grosjean is *4-1 up in the 4th. He can't screw it. :unsure:

He's already starting with it.

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Grosjean choking big time. James came back to lead 5-4*... :tape:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Grosjean holds saving 2 SPs... watch him lose this set in a breaker. :tape:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Grosjean 3-0 up in the TB... :tape:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:32 AM
*4-1 to 4-3*. :spit::o

dybbuk
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Come on! Grosjean is such a choker.

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:34 AM
5-3* to *5-5. :tape:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:36 AM
And Blake wins the TB 7-5. :lol:

dybbuk
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Set Blake. Damn you Sebastian.

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:38 AM
I will beat James up if he doesn't win now... but he's never won after trailing 2 sets down. :tape:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:48 AM
James consolidates for 2-0* after saving BPs...

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:56 AM
This time it's James who is *4-1 up. :unsure:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM
James is not a choker. 5-1 up. :)

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Ace. GSM Blake 46 26 60 76(5) 62. :)

French chokers. :hearts::o

Ajde Ana!!!

dybbuk
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Finally. Too bad Blake won though. As long as an American man is left you can count on ESPN dropping everything to show them. :rolleyes:

Ajde Ana!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Now it's ANA time!

AJDE!!!!!

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Ana wins 1st set 6-3. :yeah: Shaky start but she got it going. :) Ajde!!!

dybbuk
Jan 19th, 2008, 05:35 AM
3-1* in the second set

In other news, my second favorite Serbian, Janko Tipsarevic, is up a set on Federer, 7-6 (5). Janko's forehand on set point :worship:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Ana won 63 64. :banana:
Only one break of serve in the 2nd set was enough... :) +6 winners/UEs ratio... Well done! :yeah: Next Wozniacki or Lisicki. Ana's never played against them (in seniors at least), so might be tricky...;) Ajde Ana!!!

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 05:58 AM
In other news, my second favorite Serbian, Janko Tipsarevic, is up a set on Federer, 7-6 (5). Janko's forehand on set point :worship:It was amazing! :worship: Janko came up with a lot of belief and he's taking it to Roger. Roger is my #1 @ ATP, but if Janko wins playing like he's been up until now I won't cry.

dybbuk
Jan 19th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Ana :yeah: I have never seen Lisicki, but Caro doesn't have the weapons to hurt Ana unless Ana is off her game.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 19th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Nice win. It's certainly her best match so far.

The start wasn't that great and Ana played not as aggressive as she should play.
From game 9 she brought a higher level.
I guess only 5 UE's in the 2nd set. She played really well there.
Her serve was the best part. 7 aces and no DF's. Good serving when it was needed. Especially the 2nd serve was very strong. I hope she keeps serving like this.

Srebotnik didn't play a best match either. She brought a lot back in almost lost positions.

If Ana keeps growing like this in the tournament, then I do believe she have chances against Venus.
I didn't have the same thought after round 2.

Best Australian Open in her career so that should give some confidence for Round 4 and hopefully further.

AJDE ANA!!!!

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 19th, 2008, 06:57 AM
:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Same with Alex on the read of next opponents; it would be nice to have a more veteran opponent like Safina, not to disrespect the talent of whoever she gets. Must win though!!!

dybbuk
Jan 19th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Janko is up 2 sets to 1 :eek: 7-6 6-7 7-5.

Ajde Janko! :woohoo:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I know, holy sh!t! :bolt::dog:

Frode
Jan 19th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Well done Ana:D

A match against Caroline should be interesting:)

dybbuk
Jan 19th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Janko.... :sobbing: :sobbing:

All my ATP faves suck, choke, or are injured :bigcry:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 09:17 AM
^^ I think you can be proud of him. What a match it was. :worship:

Princeza
Jan 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Amazing Janko, seems kinda teary when he left :awww:

MagicMilan
Jan 19th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Never in doubt for Ana ;)
Shame for Janko :sad:, I have new found respect for him :worship: Simply amazing

JAMESYBABY!
Jan 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM
janko:sad:,, i watch the last to sets:sad:,,,

damn federer :rolleyes:

ana played another good match :woohoo:

Natalicious
Jan 19th, 2008, 11:52 AM
ana :banana:

couldnt watch the match but the result looks good :D

who's up next btw?

DownTheLine21
Jan 19th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I missed most of the match, but the stats look really positive. For those that watched the match, how did Ana look? Are these stats deceiving?

31 Winners
20 Unforced Errors

7 Aces
0 Double Faults

First Serve % - 66%

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 12:18 PM
who's up next btw?Lisicki or Wozniacki. Will be clear who exactly tomorrow.

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I missed most of the match, but the stats look really positive. For those that watched the match, how did Ana look? Are these stats deceiving?

31 Winners
20 Unforced Errors

7 Aces
0 Double Faults

First Serve % - 66%No, especially in the 2nd set (from the parts I saw) Ana played really well and was in control all the time (unlike vs Garbin when she had a bit of a wobble in the end). She was serving very well and even hit some 2nd serve aces. Kata made her work for a lot of points... overall very decent outing for Ana.

madamtennis
Jan 19th, 2008, 01:10 PM
well none Ana:bounce: you are my only hope now when Amelie and Chaky both lost,please don't let me down:)

The Daviator
Jan 19th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Ana :D :yeah:

dulkogii
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Come On Ana!!

Langers
Jan 20th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Ana's first match was a real tricky match. Sorana Cirstea will be a real good player. Don't know when the last time an opponent (and a younger one) outhit her? She was hitting winners all over the place and wasn't scared to go for her shots. Great racquet head speed. Anyway after serving for the set at 5-4 Ana really picked up her game and managed to win in straight sets. Loved the non shaking of the hands, the crowd reacted to that. :lol:

She was near faultless in her 2nd round match, a terrific display of tennis. And she was pretty good again yesterday.

I took some pics of her training and playing which I'll post later.

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Caro Wozniacki came through against Sabine Lisicki and will play Ana next. As far as I'm concerned Ana shouldn't be in trouble, but I haven't seen that much of Caro. Still Ana can't underestimate her opponent... ajde Ana!!!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 20th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Haven't seen much of her either. With Ana's play now, I'm not that worried. Didn't lose a set yet and not broken in her last 11 service games ;)

AJDE ANA!!!!

Langers
Jan 20th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Caro Wozniacki came through against Sabine Lisicki and will play Ana next. As far as I'm concerned Ana shouldn't be in trouble, but I haven't seen that much of Caro. Still Ana can't underestimate her opponent... ajde Ana!!!
I was at the first set of her game against Bondarenko and IMO Ana shouldn't have too much trouble. Ana will have too much power for her and I'd expect a comfortable straight sets victory. Her groundstrokes are solid and she doesn't make many errors but this should be an easy win for Ana to make the Quarters.

dybbuk
Jan 20th, 2008, 03:04 AM
I agree with Langers. Wozniacki seems to have a lot of admirers, but I have watched her 3 separate times, and I have yet to be impressed with her. She has a solid, all-court game, not much power, not a whole lot of court sense either (Better than ballbashers, yes, but nowhere near Hingis, Henin, ect ect).

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Ana's first up on RLA tomorrow. Ajde!!!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Nice schedule!
Ana's match is the only singles match that start at 11 AM!
So the whole match will be on tv!

Now go for the quarters!!

AJDE ANA!!!!

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I hoped for a late match actually as I wanted to get some more sleep... :o Oh well. But fair point, Sjoerd... at least we're gonna see it in its entirety, so yay.

kirilenko_ishot
Jan 20th, 2008, 07:34 AM
yay, that means it will be on tv again!
now i gotta get ready for the delacqua vs jankovic match

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I hoped for a late match actually as I wanted to get some more sleep... :o Oh well. But fair point, Sjoerd... at least we're gonna see it in its entirety, so yay.

Sleep, that's a word I like.
I just had to watch matches today, so almost didn't sleep.
Today it's chess, cinema and waiting for Ana to play. I really woke that I can stay awake. (for sure I'll record it)

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I've got 4 exams in the next 3 coming days... and I've done like nothing yet. :tape: I wish I could at least be well-rested. :lol:

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 20th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I didn't see the last match coz it wasn't shown but i went out for tea with friends and as they all know who Ana is coz of me she came up when we were talking about tennis and everyone of them were just saying how pretty she is and how much they love her dress :p
Although one did say "who is she, i have never heard of her"
Australians :rolleyes:

Great win from Ana though, nice to see she didn't choke a bit towards the end.

How long do y'all think tomorrows match will be, i'll be watching it but i want to tape it and I don't have too much room left on my tape, but i don't want to get up early to go buy a new one :haha:

And i would like to take this oppotunity to remind you all that this is the women's forum, not men's :angel:
Waaay too much men's talk her, you were all boring me :lol: ;) Taste the sarcasm

Oh and like i said at Dani's forum, having 6 of my girls still in for the 2nd week of any Grand Slam makes me extremely happy right now :D

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 20th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I've got 4 exams in the next 3 coming days... and I've done like nothing yet. :tape: I wish I could at least be well-rested. :lol:
It could be good luck for you, Montreal final i had a big exam that was studying for while watching (and waiting) livescores and my highest score ever in any of my senior exams (97%), so maybe Ana is my good luck charm :p

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Who's your 6th girl? Serena or Justine? :devil:

Langers
Jan 20th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Sleep, that's a word I like.
I just had to watch matches today, so almost didn't sleep.
Today it's chess, cinema and waiting for Ana to play. I really woke that I can stay awake. (for sure I'll record it)
Was up till about 3:30 watching Hewitt play. I'm on holidays though, so it's all good. :p

Cmon Ana, big performance tomorrow! :yeah:

Langers
Jan 20th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I didn't see the last match coz it wasn't shown but i went out for tea with friends and as they all know who Ana is coz of me she came up when we were talking about tennis and everyone of them were just saying how pretty she is and how much they love her dress :p
I think you need some new freinds. ;)

kirilenko_ishot
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:23 PM

Great win from Ana though, nice to see she didn't choke a bit towards the end.

How long do y'all think tomorrows match will be, i'll be watching it but i want to tape it and I don't have too much room left on my tape, but i don't want to get up early to go buy a new one :haha:

sometimes it actually is surprising how little some australians know about tennis
for a lot of aussies its tennis for only 2 weeks of the year
look at how many people jumped onto the dellacqua bandwagon, i reckon 3/4 of them would have probably never heard of casey before AO this year

i reckon just over an hour, maybe 1hr and 5 minutes?

Was up till about 3:30 watching Hewitt play. I'm on holidays though, so it's all good. :p

Cmon Ana, big performance tomorrow! :yeah:

i fell asleep midway during the third set and woke up at the start of the 5th. but i've been on holidays for about 3 months now, its that strange time between school finishing and uni starting

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Ana won 1st set 6-1. :yeah: Well in control of things... Ajde!!!

dulkogii
Jan 21st, 2008, 12:36 AM
Ana 6-1 5-5! :banana: she lost 4-5 and serve Caroline!

Dexter
Jan 21st, 2008, 12:52 AM
Ana won 61 76(2). :banana: Saved 2 SPs when Caro was serving for the set at *5-4.
Good to see Ana tested and coming through before taking on Venus. Ajde!!!

dybbuk
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:05 AM
Congrats Ana. :yeah: This performance obviously won't beat Venus, but overall, she's had some tough sets that she toughed out, some easy sets that she was clinical in, and hasn't lost a set. Good preparation for Venus I think. Ajde Ana! You can do it. :yeah:

Langers
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:07 AM
Ana won 61 76(2). :banana: Saved 2 SPs when Caro was serving for the set at *5-4.
Good to see Ana tested and coming through before taking on Venus. Ajde!!!
Agreed, that's the real positive to come from this match.

She didn't play too well today. Too many unforced errors, some very easy errors too on both wings. She looked shaky and she'll need to lift big time when she plays Venus.

Liked the post match interview, she said she was sleepy because the match started earlier than usual. :lol:

DownTheLine21
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:08 AM
Good first set. Mixed second set. Ana ended the match well, but a second set lapse in concentration will be suicide against Venus. However, did anyone else think that she was a bit tentative on the forehand (even in the first set)? She wasn't hitting with the power she's capable of.

dybbuk
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:12 AM
Good first set. Mixed second set. Ana ended the match well, but a second set lapse in concentration will be suicide against Venus. However, did anyone else think that she was a bit tentative on the forehand (even in the first set)? She wasn't hitting with the power she's capable of.

In the second set, yes, she was horridly tentative with her forehand especially. She picked it up some after Caro had her little choke. First set, I don't know, she was hitting winners just fine. Maybe she just didn't feel the need. She isn't hitting as hard as last season, I agree, but she seems to be trying to exploit angles and get to net more, instead of just blasting winners like last season.

The Daviator
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:25 AM
I really liked this match, Ana was great in the first and came through a tough test in the second, I especially loved her slice :drool:

Good luck against Marta Ana :yeah:

Langers
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:26 AM
Am I the only one who's lost a bit of confidence in her AO run due to today's game? I thought she was very underwhelming in the 2nd set and as others have pointed out was too tentative and made too many UE's. She was cruising in the tournament up to this point and all I can say is that she'll need to lift her game BIG time to beat Venus.

Cmon Ana, don't slip up now.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:36 AM
Am I the only one who's lost a bit of confidence in her AO run due to today's game? I thought she was very underwhelming in the 2nd set and as others have pointed out was too tentative and made too many UE's. She was cruising in the tournament up to this point and all I can say is that she'll need to lift her game BIG time to beat Venus.

I feel so too. Her game changed a lot the last year. The most things improved, but what I don't like is that she plays more solid.
She isn't that aggressive anymore. Her FH is her biggest weapon but she ain't much using it.
Movement is a lot better, serve is nice, net play is great but play don't play so passive. Find the lines again!

If she plays like this against Venus, we'll see another 6-4 6-2.
She really is able to beat Venus.
Common, Ana play like your potential.

MagicMilan
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:13 AM
I was impressed in the 1st set, especially those 2 backhand drop shots :drool:
2nd set was up and down but she stepped up when it mattered the most :D
Now if only Marta would beat Venus...

Danči Dementia
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:21 AM
Good match......things got a little complicated after the break.but Ana managed them really well I think.

I expecta great and close match against Venus.......Ana can beat her.

Ajde Ana :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Dexter
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:43 AM
Venus looked vulnerable today, but it's irrevelant. I'm sure she's gonna raise her level up for the next match. Ana needs to be absolutely on fire.

svetaisthebest
Jan 21st, 2008, 05:30 AM
Good Luck against Venus Ana :)

Just Do It
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:26 AM
I loved how Ana played last night :ilove: If she can repeat that she will for sure Dismiss Venus in 2 :armed:

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Only seen one Ao match of Ana so far:sad:
Id say throw out the recent Vee gameplan, rewatch 04 Zurich and go raw and confident Ana on Venus.:boxing:

Bojan87
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:16 AM
Ana Good luck in match whit Venus Williams

AJDE ANA

The Daviator
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
Well she has to at least win a SET! :haha:

I really believe she'll do it and make the final, Venus has been really flat so far, and I know she struggled early on at Wimbledon but Wimbledon is such a special place for Venus, Australia is completely different, Ana's tactics at the USO were all wrong, she was standing too far in on the return, so I hope she has learned from these lessons :angel:

Ana has been playing more passive than usual, but that's the type of player that beats Venus, look at the Pin match and look at Jankovic's record against her, so it might not be a bad idea for her to take a wee bit off, anyway, she'll have to play really well but she can do it :rocker2:

DownTheLine21
Jan 21st, 2008, 02:34 PM
Ana is looking much more comfortable at the net these days. This could really help her against Venus. As most of us remember, the USO 4R features some truly atrocious net play from Ana. She would set the point up and then lose it at the net. If she can effectively finish volleys, this could be a defining factor this time.

Also, let us remember this flawless performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W694jOPu7hY&NR=1

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM
Ana is looking much more comfortable at the net these days. This could really help her against Venus. As most of us remember, the USO 4R features some truly atrocious net play from Ana. She would set the point up and then lose it at the net. If she can effectively finish volleys, this could be a defining factor this time.

Also, let us remember this flawless performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W694jOPu7hY&NR=1

If she plays like that then I'm really confident. That is certainly enough to beat this Venus now.

And about Ana's net play at US Open. It's not that she made many errors with the volley's. She just came to the net after the wrong ball. She really wasn't in the position to really hit the volleys.
Lately it's a lot better. She can be really great at the net. Especially the stop volley is one of her best.

She figured out Schnyder in their 5th match. Hopefully she can say the same after the match against Venus.

AJDE!!!!

Langers
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:55 PM
I was lucky enough to see her train 3 times and her coach (err, consultant) made a big emphasis on coming into the net. They worked on it every session. She would hit 1 or 2 groundies then move in and finish the point off at the net. You can tell it's paying dividends already.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:22 AM
sometimes it actually is surprising how little some australians know about tennis
for a lot of aussies its tennis for only 2 weeks of the year
look at how many people jumped onto the dellacqua bandwagon, i reckon 3/4 of them would have probably never heard of casey before AO this year
I know, my mum is a good example there... she follows tennis through out the year more then most Aussies coz I make her :p But yetshe still seems to think this is Casey's first year on the tour and she is gonna be the best thing since sliced bread :haha:
I was on the train once going to Sydney tennis and listening to people talk, they thought Sharapova and Kuznetsova were the same person :tape:

NOt the only one.. She keeps brain farting and she cannot do that against Venus... The win is there for the taking, Venus is off this Tourny BUT she will bring it and bring it good against Ana, its up to Ana to step it up to that level too!