PDA

View Full Version : JUSTINE : "The new surface suits to my game" !

pigmalion
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
"After the training session, Henin told her coach that was pleased with the blue Plexicushion courts that have been installed in Sydney and at Melbourne Park for the Australian Open. Henin believes the surface is not too fast and suits her game.

"For her they are the best compromise, she told me now," Rodriguez said. "She likes the surface because you can develop everything. It's the most complete surface in the world for players, I think. It's not too fast. It's a good compromise for all the shots in tennis."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tennis/happiness-is-a-warm-sun/2008/01/04/1198950076590.html

treufreund
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Great news!

AcesHigh
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:47 PM
:(

j/k! I just hope the surface doesnt hinder anyone or cause injuries like the last one did. As long as we have good, competitive, injury-free tennis with players performing well.. I'll be happy

Hots4Safin
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:49 PM
She should have just kept her mouth shout. Cause now when Serena whoops her ass in OZ she can't use the surface for an excuse.

Expat
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:51 PM
oh no another slow surface
why????
lol
at this rate we will have only clay court slams now
AO gones slower
Wimby has gone much much slower
USO has also gone slower
whats the point???

Lucemferre
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Did she forget that she was the reigning US Open champion? Why is a fast surface still bothering her?

Russianboy
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
She should have just kept her mouth shout. Cause now when Serena whoops her ass in OZ she can't use the surface for an excuse.

:lol:

cintatenis
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Did she forget that she was the reigning US Open champion? Why is a fast surface still bothering her?

Agree. She should stop doing that. Otherwise she will never win Wimbledon.

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Not everyone is in dire need of excuses.

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:08 PM
The speed suits her game, the high bounce not in my opinion.

Volcana
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Anything was better than the joint-destroying Rebound-Ace.

Wiggly
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Serena is warned. :angel:

jujufreak
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:12 PM

she's not the one using excuses... She can compliment the opponent after she lost the match, so can Venus, only Serena can't...

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Anything was better than the joint-destroying Rebound-Ace.
It should be an improvement in that department too. The first coments of the players seem to confirm that.

In The Zone
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Justine shouldn't have let her weakness or preference of a surface be known. It's all mental at the top of the game and she knows that.

I also feel that she may not be telling the truth but is simply trying to get at Serena ( and Venus ) with confidence. This would be silly, considering we know how Serena plays when she is angry. :scared:

Tennisation
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:37 PM
uh oh, that means trouble for the rest of the tour:scared:

Slumpsova
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:38 PM
i don't think it's that good for her. she just said it to destroy Serena's confidence and i'm pretty sure it works :o

felipe2004
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
good for justine :)

Helen Lawson
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
What's she supposed to say, "it's too fast, I'm fucked."

dya74
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM
the new surface is the main subject at this AO, Justine has just given an opinion, like everyone else ( I mean, players), why such indignation? Personally Iím happy that she likes the surface!;)

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM

Is that the same azz whooping she was gonna get at the FO, Wimbledon and USO? :tape::tape::tape: :haha:

Slumpsova
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:48 PM

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:49 PM

Ouch! :lol:

Tennisation
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM
What's she supposed to say, "it's too fast, I'm fucked."from what Justine said, now it's Venus saying "It's not fast enough, I'm fucked."

Hots4Safin
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Is that the same azz whooping she was gonna get at the FO, Wimbledon and USO? :tape::tape::tape: :haha:

I think if you'll check my posting history I never claimed Serena was gonna lay a beatdown in any of those matches. After Serena's struggle to beat Justine in Miami, came the FO where I thought Henin was the favorite. Then wimbledon where normally hands down I would have said Serena, but the whole Hantucova match happened. And Quite honestly I was surprised Serena even GOT to Henin at the USO due to her lack of play all summer. BUT, this time...yes, I will make a porediction that if they face off once again, Justine has been warned.

Hots4Safin
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM

riiiiiiiiight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4nGtPB7tdc

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Serena is warned. :angel:

:haha:

Morrissey
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM
The high bounce can hurt Henin. I remember the 2006 Australian Open women's final and Mauresmo hit high moonballs to Justine's backhand and it was an effective strategy. I think players need to hit the ball high to Justine because she's short. Justine likes the ball low at waist level. Someone like Mauresmo can hurt Justine Henin.

Allez-H
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Not even a "lucky shots" - comment :( ?

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM
riiiiiiiiight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4nGtPB7tdc

Didn't you know that Sandra de Jenken is her best friend? :hearts::hearts:

It's not what you know .. it's who you know :woohoo:

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Not even a "lucky shots" - comment :( ?

:spit:

Brandon85
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:18 PM
i had a feeling she would like it.

Lulu.
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Of course she would say that. :lol:

I think she's lying though.

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Didn't you know that Sandra de Jenken is her best friend? :hearts::hearts:

It's not what you know .. it's who you know :woohoo:
They have a memory like an elephant.

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Of course she would say that. :lol:

I think she's lying though.
Of course. Didn't you know she's a cheating, lying and fabricating bitch. :wavey:

woosey
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Of course. Didn't you know she's a cheating, lying and fabricating bitch. :wavey:

yes. in fact she is. :lol:

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:27 PM
They have a memory like an elephant.

True - selective at times :lol:

renstar
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
why????
lol
AO gones slower
USO has also gone slower
whats the point???

Apparently the court gets faster as it wears in with play. They are only new courts and have to wear in a little. They are apparently a fair bit faster than the old rebound ace. Lleyton Hewit one of rebound aces biggest critics because of its slow nature is happy with the speed of the new courts.

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:33 PM
yes. in fact she is. :lol:

She's also world #1 for 100 weeks :wavey:

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Careful! A "Justine" emoticon gets them into a frenzy.

Helen Lawson
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:37 PM
The high bounce can hurt Henin. I remember the 2006 Australian Open women's final and Mauresmo hit high moonballs to Justine's backhand and it was an effective strategy. I think players need to hit the ball high to Justine because she's short. Justine likes the ball low at waist level. Someone like Mauresmo can hurt Justine Henin.

That's how Lena D beat her at Amelia Island, when was that 5 years ago?

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Careful! A "The Hand" emoticon gets them into a frenzy.

:haha: :haha: Do you mean this one ? :bigwave:

:p

Hots4Safin
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Careful! A "Justine" emoticon gets them into a frenzy.

and apparently all it takes is one post from me to get you into a frenzy. :angel:

jujufreak
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
and apparently all it takes is one post from me to get you into a frenzy. :angel:
I'm only amused. :lol:

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM

Oh really - I would say we are laughing at you more than in a frenzy. Can you not see we are taking the piss? :spit:

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:43 PM
They still don't understand she has won more titles on fast surfaces than on slow. :)

jujufreak
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:43 PM
That's how Lena D beat her at Amelia Island, when was that 5 years ago?

yeah, AI wasn't her most successful tournament...

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM
:haha: :haha: Do you mean this one ? :bigwave:

:p
Wow, that's a much better one than my :wavey:.

jujufreak
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:46 PM

there are better examples than that match... where Justine was able to compete ;)

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Wow, that's a much better one than my :wavey:.

Ah well ... the bigger the :bigwave: .... the better ;)

Serenidad.
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:52 PM

A fast surface will always bother Justine Henin. What you fail to realize is just because something bothers you doesn't mean you can't play well and win on it.

Justine will always have that little bit of an edge taken away from her on faster surfaces against top players that can bludgeon the ball. Doesn't mean she can't win. Fast surfaces really do bother her. You can rush Justine, but in 2007 people didn't/couldn't.

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM
A fast surface will always bother Justine Henin. What you fail to realize is just because something bothers you doesn't mean you can't play well and win on it.

Justine will always have that little bit of an edge taken away from her on faster surfaces against top players that can bludgeon the ball. Doesn't mean she can't win. Fast surfaces really do bother her. You can rush Justine, but in 2007 people didn't/couldn't.
True. On a fast surface you can take time away from Justine forcing her to execute her shots with a short preparation and thus forcing the error.

jujufreak
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:10 PM
True. On a fast surface you can take time away from Justine forcing her to execute her shots with a short preparation and thus forcing the error.

tennis can be so simple huh :D (in theory ;) )

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM
tennis can be so simple huh :D (in theory ;) )
In theory yes.

The fact is that this tactic is getting harder and harder to execute against Justine since she improved her speed, power, ... well to be short every aspect of her game.

woosey
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM

yes. in fact she is - for now. :wavey: back at ya...

Wayn77
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Ummmm.

Justine on this all-new, fast surface - scares the sh*t out of me. :lol:

The way she comes out firing, it will be a case of gritting your teeth and waiting for the onslaught to end.

Fast and BOUNCY though .... that could make things interesting.

G-Ha
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM
so justine believes the new surface is not too fast and that it suits her game. what's the big deal? justine is at home on red clay and thus, prefers a slower surface. this doesn't mean she feels as though she can't play on fast surfaces or that fast surfaces are a weakness. it's a preference...many tennis players have them...

steffi graf repeatedly stated that clay was her worst surface and at times in her career, even openly talked about her dislike of clay courts. incidentally, steffi won 6 french opens.

sammy01
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM
seems strange she'd say that, its like shes trying to prove a point. shes a great player and favorite for the oz open so just let your tennis do the talking henin. you should feel your game is the best on every surface, then maybe you would win wimbledon.

jujufreak
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:20 PM
In theory yes.

The fact is that this tactic is getting harder and harder to execute against Justine since she improved her speed, power, ... well to be short every aspect of her game.

which is why she is admired (and even more respected) by more and more tennis fans :bounce:

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:23 PM
which is why she is admired (and even more respected) by more and more tennis fans :bounce:

and professional tennis players .. especially the men :hearts::hearts:

Greenout
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Read the article carefully- she doesn't say it - Carlos said she said - which obviously means they were talking in French in front of the Aussie journalists.

For all we know she could've said -

"Wow - my feet feel good today. Glad I clipped that hang nail yesterday on the flight over. Even if it annoyed the $%#^@ out of you".

RenaSlam.
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM
We shall see, Ms. Enna.

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Justine won 3 of 4 from May 2003-Jan 2004.
Now she's going for 3 of 4 from May 2007-Jan 2008.
Then comes the French Open, she wasn't healthy for 2004 RG.

Matt01
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Serena, be warned! :devil:

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Carlos is trying to psyche out her opponents. :rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if she likes the surface any more than rebound ace.

moby
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I doubt Ju was expecting her words to be analysed to shreds. :lol:

I did think the new surface would suit her. It's fairly slow, and doesn't have the extremely high bounce of Rebound Ace. Which makes it Dubai-like (she's never lost in Dubai), except with a higher bounce that she prefers.

auah5
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:41 AM
She is not like Serena with thousands of excuses when she lost. Anyway, She doesnt need an excuse because She knew Serena will not be able to beat her on that type of court. :kiss:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Serena, be warned! :devil:

How many Australian Opens does Serena have?

Now how many does Justine have?

How many Wimbledons does Serena have?

I think Serena has shown, that she can play on any and every surface, more so than Justine.

Junex
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:01 AM
BRING IT ON!!!!

that would be my official reply till justine hoist the trophy!!!!

Juju4ever
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:06 AM
That's great news! The surface will allow her to use all her talent, so it should be exciting. :)

Helaena
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:22 AM
what to do? she is the no. 1 player in the world and of course, the media and people would like her to give her comment about the new surface...

i could not believe how people are saying she should just shut her mouth...:weirdo:

shell
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:51 AM
I think it is just a simple comment. It's not like she said "with this surface, I can whip Serena's ass". Now that would have been bold. But a simple statement of "this surface suits my game" is so plain that it is not worth the commentary! All the players are commenting on it, because all the Aussie press are asking the question. What else are they going to talk about yet?

fioredeliberi
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
The simple fact is that Justine is going to OWN Serena's behind for the FOURTH TIME in the AO, never mind what surface. Allez!

Ninny
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:30 AM
She is not like Serena with thousands of excuses when she lost. Anyway, She doesnt need an excuse because She knew Serena will not be able to beat her on that type of court. :kiss:

:yeah: ALLEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy-Na
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM
justin "the new surface suits to my game" vs serena "something xxxxx, justin, u be warned"

hroyalf
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:56 AM
justin "the new surface suits to my game" vs serena "something xxxxx, justin, u be warned"

civility vs inurbanity

vwfan
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:00 AM
why????
lol
AO gones slower
USO has also gone slower
whats the point???not exactly hard to figure. remember when golf clubs attempted to "de-tiger" their courses. :tape:

Matt01
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM
How many Australian Opens does Serena have?

How many Wimbledons does Serena have?

What does the amount of Wimbledon titles the players have won has to do with the new surface at the Australian Open? :confused:

I think Serena has shown, that she can play on any and every surface, more so than Justine.

I think both players have shown that they can play and win on any surface. The only real difference being that Justine has won more on clay and Serena has won more on grass.

Oh, and Justine has beaten Serena on three different surfaces last year, at the big Slams :wavey: