PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie Herz (NED) gets Tampa WC instead of Sesil.

Petkorazzi
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM
And the reason of taking it from Sesil was that she's not an young American and they give it to a dutch. :help:

Elwin.
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:20 PM
OMG :eek:

Aaron.
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Well maybe because Stephanie didnt dope?

-sugi-
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:23 PM
who is this girl?

davidmario
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:30 PM

:worship:

Elwin.
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:31 PM
http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/image/player/IO_2802_player.JPG

Was considered as a very big talent, she worked with Bolletieri but they broke up.
And then we never heard something of her again :shrug:

TatiNovic
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Good luck

coool
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM
and Sesil smacked her 6:0 6:1 last time they played... no comment

Highlandman
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM
:spit:

I'm sure she will have more success than Sesil :spit: :rolleyes:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Staphanie may not be playing as an "american", but i am pretty sure that she is still living and training in the Florida area . Sooo, she is a "local" to some extent :lol:.

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Sesil grew up in Bradenton Florida.

tenn_ace
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:18 PM
well, doping is the magic difference between those 2.

Rik.
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
:worship:

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Sesil paid her penalty, and it was a very severe penalty to a player her age and finances.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Steph :yeah:

Louis Cyphre
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Sesil H2H vs the american girls is W13/L2 ... maybe they hate her :lol:
Anyway Sesil will be back in the top100 till the end of the year so who cares about the USTA idiots :devil:

daniela86
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Sesil paid her penalty, and it was a very severe penalty to a player her age and finances.

Indeed :o and ATP players who were also caught (Coria,Puerta) didn't have such a severe punishment.
Although I was very disappointed she used drugs,I hope she gets a WC for another tournament soon :hug:

black_fire
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
And this girl, Stephanie Herz, has 1 victory in a MD of a pro tournament (10K level) :weirdo:

RJWCapriati
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Thats pathetic

Elwin.
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:21 PM
whatever, how many wins steph had. it doesn't matter :shrug: cause stephanie never doped!

Sesil is just a very sad girl that was on dope and don't deserve to be back on the WTA tour, well that's my opinion

mimosa
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:24 PM

No,no, maybe because Stephanie is one of "their local talents"..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMPOSSIBLE
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:25 PM
:lol:

black_fire
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
whatever, how many wins steph had. it doesn't matter :shrug: cause stephanie never doped!

Sesil is just a very sad girl that was on dope and don't deserve to be back on the WTA tour, well that's my opinion

OK, I agree, she never doped and I don't blame her because she recieved the WC. But don't you think it's not fair that a girl from the Netherlands will play instead of Sesil who was rejected the invitation because of the reason she's not a "local American talent"?

Elwin.
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:32 PM
OK, I agree, she never doped and I don't blame her because she recieved the WC. But don't you think it's not fair that a girl from the Netherlands will play instead of Sesil who was rejected the invitation because of the reason she's not a "local American talent"?

no off course that's not fair ;) They lied and they should have been honest. They gave sesil false hope :o

LCS
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM
What an American!!!

Louis Cyphre
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:35 PM
No,no, maybe because Stephanie is one of "their local talents"..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Sesil H2H vs the american girls is W13/L2 ... maybe they hate her :lol:
Anyway Sesil will be back in the top100 till the end of the year so who cares about the USTA idiots :devil:

Sesil has allot of impressive wins during that period of time. I am anxious to see how well she does on a fair playing level. :bounce:

black_fire
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
no off course that's not fair ;) They lied and they should have been honest. They gave sesil false hope :o

Exactly.

adam_ads_n
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Ok, Sesil was caught on cheating, she got her penalty, and is trying to be back after it. If she was ranked - it would be ok, cause she would have the chance to get into the tournament without a wild card. But she is unranked and all she can do to get into stupid 25.000 is WC. Shame on you organisers.

In The Zone
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I understand why people are angry with Sesil for doping but she did her time, she paid her penalty. She has a clean slate now. You can't hold her back with the excuse of "doping".

And if people think that Sesil wouldn't have qualified or made some noise in this tournament, you're mistaken. There's a girl out there who would do better than some of the girls in this tournament, bottom line. Everyone deserves a second chance and Sesil needs to redeem herself.

tenn_ace
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:58 PM
somehow, I think, if Sesil was American, this board (or the upset part of it) would have been singing a different tune in this soap opera.

fred17
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM
And this girl, Stephanie Herz, has 1 victory in a MD of a pro tournament (10K level) :weirdo:

she could have won more when she use dope also and get pregnant of robin haase or jesse huta galung maybe even thiemo de bakker will help her ;)

Elwin.
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
she could have won more when she use dope also and get pregnant of robin haase or jesse huta galung maybe even thiemo de bakker will help her ;)

:weirdo::weirdo:

the jamierbelyea
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:56 PM
It was the organizers who wanted Sesil to play, but the USTA who refused to accept her WC right ?

njnetswill
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:40 PM
:mad:

RenaSlam.
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:41 PM
somehow, I think, if Sesil was American, this board (or the upset part of it) would have been singing a different tune in this soap opera.

That's where you're wrong.

drake3781
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM

Not from me. :shrug:

she could have won more when she use dope also .... ;)

Right.

I wish Sesil success now, but would like to see her move her way up they way any other player will. And if she has the talent, no doubt she will. Will be fun to watch her progress.
Don't forget there is the tennis audience (not us rabid fans) who will take a message from what WC decisions are given. Maybe in another country they will give her a WC, but the US is having serious scandals with doping right now, and this is the right decison for USTA.

DutchieGirl
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:18 PM
What a bloody waste of a WC! They should have given it to Sesil, who at least could win a match! :o

DutchieGirl
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:20 PM
uhh yeah ok - what does that have to do with anything?

Elisse
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I understand why people are angry with Sesil for doping but she did her time, she paid her penalty. She has a clean slate now. You can't hold her back with the excuse of "doping".

Yes....but IMO I don't think any person who has been banned should be given a wildcard in their first event back on the Tour. If she wants to play and she still has the talent...then she should work her way back up again from the bottom through hard work and determination....not through being given an easier time via wildcards!! :o

Good Luck Stephanie!!! :kiss:

*JR*
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:59 PM

Right.

I wish Sesil success now, but would like to see her move her way up they way any other player will. And if she has the talent, no doubt she will. Will be fun to watch her progress.
Don't forget there is the tennis audience (not us rabid fans) who will take a message from what WC decisions are given. Maybe in another country they will give her a WC, but the US is having serious scandals with doping right now, and this is the right decison for USTA.
Yeah, in cycling (Floyd Landis) and track (Marion Jones' past use coming to light) plus of course the baseball thing with the release of the Mitchell Report. Why further punish a tennis player (even had there been a US doping scandal in this sport recently) who served her full 2 year suspension? (And in terms of money she doesn't have to return, Miami this year will be the 3rd anniversary, as her play was limited by the AER as a 15 y.o.)

I think some posters here wouldn't be happy unless she was hung like Saddam Hussein. :rolleyes:

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Yeah, in cycling (Floyd Landis) and track (Marion Jones' past use coming to light) plus of course the baseball thing with the release of the Mitchell Report. Why further punish a tennis player (even had there been a US doping scandal in this sport recently) who served her full 2 year suspension? (And in terms of money she doesn't have to return, Miami this year will be the 3rd anniversary, as her play was limited by the AER as a 15 y.o.)

I think some posters here wouldn't be happy unless she was hung like Saddam Hussein. :rolleyes:

I agree. People keep saying she should have no special treatment, but that is exactly what she is getting. A girl so talented not allowed to compete in a 25k because she was involved in a doping scandal as a 16 year old.

Tell me, if there was another 18 year old, former grand slam quarterfinalist trying to make a comeback, would she be given wildcards into 25k's?

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:35 AM

well, I don't think you are one of the upset ones ;)

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:40 AM

I don't think that some posters wants her to be punished. They just trying to point out that the upset posters are upset for nothing as Sesil is not entitled to the wc. Nothing more.

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Why should she be given a wild card to her first event back from suspension? Let her work hard like everyone else for crying out loud. Meanwhile,would those upset with the USTA be this forgiving if it were a player they did not like? Food for thought :scratch:

fred17
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:42 AM
uhh yeah ok - what does that have to do with anything?

i dont like the idea of giving wc's to people who have cheated.. so give it to that dutch girl. maybe she cant play ball but she never has taken anything so..

sesil she should have banned for life!

Elwin.
Jan 5th, 2008, 08:55 AM
i dont like the idea of giving wc's to people who have cheated.. so give it to that dutch girl. maybe she cant play ball but she never has taken anything so..

i agree with this post ;) Stephanie probably will lose 6-0/6-0 but it's better then giving your WC to a cheater :shrug:

It doesn't matter how good she was or how young, she cheated. I think she deserves a chance to make a comeback but it's not weird that tournaments directors don't want to give that WC to a cheater. She just have to accept that. People will know Sesil for her dope and not for her tennis results ( at this moment )

Junex
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:08 AM
What most of you opposing posters didn't realized is that this is the only way baCK FOR sESIL.

Brαm
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Even Brie Whitehead could beat this girl easily!! :help:

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:49 AM
severe penalty? 2 years is the 'normal' penalty for dope! doesn't matter how old you are

Indeed :o and ATP players who were also caught (Coria,Puerta) didn't have such a severe punishment.

a shame! in every other sport, 2 years is the rule, but ATP always gives 'smaller' penalty... giving only 3 months or something like that, is just so wrong and giving the wrong signal IMO.

of course, Sesil now has completed those 2 years, and she should get a new chance, altho I will never like her because she used dope. There's no excuse for that!

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Honestly, I'm glad Sesil is back. She was obviously guilty of a very severe drug offence, the most serious, using steriods, but she was very young. She has paid the penalty.

But I do understand all the people who don't want to see her receive a WC, even if it is a WC for something as lowly as qualifying for a 25K. In the long run it will probably be better for her reputation and rehabilition in the good graces of the sport if she makes it back now without the use of any WCs. And she can do it too.

In truth this will slow her down a little but not a lot. She should soon get into qualifying for a 10K without the need of a WC and a few points from that and she will be able to get into qualifying for most 25Ks and from there away she goes. This setback might make it more difficult to reach that 225 ranking level in the time needed to qualify for RG and Wimbledon but so be it. I think she could still possible make it to the that level in time to get into Wimbledon but RG qualification might now be too much to ask.

Sesil does deserve a 2nd chance, but like any other players 1st chance, she will just have to start at the bottom. Credit to her for dealing with that fact.

orka_irl
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I agree. People keep saying she should have no special treatment, but that is exactly what she is getting. A girl so talented not allowed to compete in a 25k because she was involved in a doping scandal as a 16 year old.

Tell me, if there was another 18 year old, former grand slam quarterfinalist trying to make a comeback, would she be given wildcards into 25k's?

She was a grand slam quarterfinalist while taking steroids which negates that result! ALL of Sesil's prior achievements are now suspect so she cannot expect to benefit from them (and in fairness to her, she herself does not seem to be complaining).

Sesil has been given a clean slate. People will never forget the drug suspension, she will always be treated differently and may have problems getting sponsorship but she can at least rebuild her tennis career from now. However, a clean slate is a clean slate - she will be assumed to be drug-free unless proven otherwise BUT none of her prior achievements count for anything now - she starts from zero - as if she was a completely unknown 18 year-old turning up to try to get entry to a tournament.

DutchieGirl
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:41 PM

Yes, but then they could have given it to 1000s of girls other than Steph... so why waste the WC on her?

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:22 PM
severe penalty? 2 years is the 'normal' penalty for dope! doesn't matter how old you are

a shame! in every other sport, 2 years is the rule, but ATP always gives 'smaller' penalty... giving only 3 months or something like that, is just so wrong and giving the wrong signal IMO.

of course, Sesil now has completed those 2 years, and she should get a new chance, altho I will never like her because she used dope. There's no excuse for that!
shame on you.

drake3781
Jan 5th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Honestly, I'm glad Sesil is back. She was obviously guilty of a very severe drug offence, the most serious, using steriods, but she was very young. She has paid the penalty.

But I do understand all the people who don't want to see her receive a WC, even if it is a WC for something as lowly as qualifying for a 25K. In the long run it will probably be better for her reputation and rehabilition in the good graces of the sport if she makes it back now without the use of any WCs. And she can do it too.

In truth this will slow her down a little but not a lot. She should soon get into qualifying for a 10K without the need of a WC and a few points from that and she will be able to get into qualifying for most 25Ks and from there away she goes. This setback might make it more difficult to reach that 225 ranking level in the time needed to qualify for RG and Wimbledon but so be it. I think she could still possible make it to the that level in time to get into Wimbledon but RG qualification might now be too much to ask.

Sesil does deserve a 2nd chance, but like any other players 1st chance, she will just have to start at the bottom. Credit to her for dealing with that fact.

ita with you.

schorsch
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Pff, Canas got WC, too and then went on to beat Federer twice. So how about that -_- ?

miffedmax
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:20 PM

If she was hung like Saddam, she'd be an ATP player. ;)

Lennval
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:56 PM
poor sesil