PDA

View Full Version : USA take Hopman Cup 2:1 Williams/Fish def Jankovic/Djokovic 7-6 6-2

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:07 PM
:worship:
Fought off 4 set points and recoverd from 1-4 down in the first set
Serena gets another golden ball:bounce:
YAY i'm sooo happy right now

Shoulderpova
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:08 PM
so all Jankovic's effort went down the drain :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
woo :woohoo: :banana:

santhuruu
YEAAAAHHHH SERENA started the year with a bang! Great job Serena, Mardy and not to forget Meghann!

Craigy
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:09 PM
:yeah: Well done Serena and Mardy!

Andrew Laeddis
i was about to post this. u beat me to it.

ce
:bigcry:
we tried,well done Novak and Jelena :worship:

Just Do It
:awww: They all ahd fun on court, it was pleasure to watch :yeah:

Mikey.
Well at least Jelena and Novak tried. Nice one for Serena and Mardy tho :D

dybbuk
Serena played really well. :yeah: Congrats :D

Just Do It
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM

No way, on Serbian National TV they said she is a hero :lol:

Wayn77
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM
boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :( :(

Congrats to Rena and Mardi :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM
no one forget meg!!!! she won the first match when serena was sick!!! :hug: God bless her :D

Mina Vagante
i was about to post this. u beat me to it.

:p

BuTtErFrEnA
who's gonna upload it?

©@®eLess
The arrogancy and bas sportsmanship from Fish is limitless. He was pumping himself on every Jelena's mistake and serving faster on her side. Cursing the lineman in match vs Novak...

Serena was classy and was pushing Novak under pressure more then Jelena. She knows how bad it is to be injured

Jelena and Noavk kept the smile on...and fought well. Now recover both and get ready to smah at AO. Good luck!

Jelena ur smile makes me proud!

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Wow Serena and Mardy really clicked. (And the aces too :haha:)
Congrats!

Nice effort Nole and Jeca :hug:

2moretogo
There were some quality points throughout the match by both teams. They all looked like they were having fun out there. Nice to see that Nole and Serena had no qualms about going at each other and making it alot of fun.

Ooooh Serena wants a photo op with Mardy. Cute.

dybbuk
The arrogancy and bas sportsmanship from Fish is limitless. He was pumping himself on every Jelena's mistake and serving faster on her side. Cursing the lineman in match vs Novak...

Serena was classy and was pushing Novak under pressure more then Jelena. She knows how bad it is to be injured

Jelena and Noavk kept the smile on...and fought well. Now recover both and get ready to smah at AO. Good luck!

:confused: That's how doubles works, darling. You go after the weakest link. Jelena knew what she was getting into.

Elwin.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Congrats to the USA !! :)

mankind
PFFFFT. Serbia deserved this and would have won had Jeca not been injured. Up 4-1 and then 4 set pts with Jeca on one leg. :rolleyes: Great effort from Nole as well.

petkoan

Absolutely...queen of drama lost :confused: ... at least she tried...now let's hope she will be able to walk with this career threat injury:help:

Pureracket
I can't believe that lame ass Fish caused my Serena to lose 8 games.:fiery::mad:

ce
Fish is asshole
i hate him
:mad:

Helaena
congrats! such great fighers!

nole and jj :hug:

Craigy
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:14 PM

Oh my god, wise up!! :o

Ben.
It was such a fun match to watch :D all the players played so well.

Congrats to the USA for winning the Cup & commiserations to Serbia :hug:

Serena, another diamond encrusted tennis to keep for her own :D

fawnrc

I think he wanted to win, badly. If you are playing an apponent that has a weakness, its part of the game to play to that weakness.

Craigy
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Fish is asshole
i hate him
:mad:

:weirdo: Yes, how DARE he try and win a match! What an asshole. :rolleyes:

Bremen
I'd love to watch this...please post the link if you have it!

CrossCourt~Rally
Conrats Serena and Mardy... U S Aaaaaaaaaaaa:rocker2:

-VSR-
:lol: @ people thinking it's wrong for focusing on the weak player for the win. I know she's injured but she it must not be that bad for her to play. It's how the game works and you got to take it like a "serbian soldier".

Ben.

Geez take it easy

BuTtErFrEnA
Absolutely...queen of drama lost :confused: ... at least she tried...now let's hope she will be able to walk with this career threat injury:help:

oh no you didn't!!!!! serena is the queen of drama!!! get it right :mad: LOL

xr6turbo
Well done guys! Enjoy those balls.. :lol:

Bijoux0021
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:16 PM
:bounce: Congratulations, USA! :bounce:

:bounce: Great Job, Serena, Mardy and Megan. :bounce:

Mina Vagante
How did the last point end?

Mikey.
LOL! The tournament director just called Serena "Selena". Serena didn't seem pleased. :lol:

~Kiera~
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Fun match. Nice to see Jelena and Serena having a laugh at the end, too.

Congrats to the USA.

ce

you never serve 200 mph to a girl
he should learn from Novak :rolleyes:

Serenidad.
I don't know. Jelena seems to be in close pursuit of Tour Drama Queen and Diva.

tucker1989
How did the last point end?

A backhand return winner into the open court

Serenidad.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Oh and how many times did Serena ace Novak and return his serve for winner.

2moretogo

I didn't see what Mardy doing as being overly offensive. He only went at Jelena when they (US) was break point down or had a break point. She (Jelena) was out there after having retired her singles rubber for rest, so :confused: It could be argued that France didn't exploit Jelena's injury at the right moments and cost them the match and a chance to get in the final.

Nice to see Jelena and Serena sharing a laugh; but holy cripes man, he name is SERENA not SeLENA!! (Though the two do/did(R.I.P.) some ASSets) :lol:

.:sk:.
Congrats USA :D

Jelena :hug:

Pasta-Na
jj cant move well :o

dybbuk
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:19 PM

I can remember some huge body serves from Nole right at Serena. :tape: Your bias is digusting.

Wayn77
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:19 PM
LOL! The tournament director just called Serena "Selena". Serena didn't seem pleased. :lol:

:lol: :tape:

Andrew Laeddis
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

tucker1989
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Honestly, Jelena put her team 1-0 down to begin with; she didn't even try, and she didn't look that limited in the doubles match. USA won this title fair and square. How can Serbia deserve it more? Some people on this board are so twisted.

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:21 PM
A backhand return winner into the open court

from?

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I'm glad Serena and Mardy won.
Looks like Djoke will have to wait another year to win "the greatest tennis tournament" or whatever he called Hopman Cup :lol:

xr6turbo
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Yes you never should, considering no-one has ever hit a 200 MPH serve before :lol: :o

dybbuk
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
from?

Fish. Nole expected the cross-court backhand, and Mardy went down-the-line into the open court.

mankind
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Honestly, Jelena put her team 1-0 down to begin with; she didn't even try, and she didn't look that limited in the doubles match.

We must have been watching a different match to you.
Fish lived up to his name (a.k.a a complete joke) and just served big, so did Serena, whilst the Serbs really battled and produced some great battling tennis, real doubles tennis.

Craigy
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM

:spit: Obviously you haven't seen enough mixed doubles then. :o

fawnrc
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Fish lived up to his name (a.k.a a complete joke) and just served big, so did Serena, whilst the Serbs really battled and produced some great battling tennis, real doubles tennis.

You cant battle in tennis if your opponent is not battling with you.

MagicMilan
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM
USA deserved it, played better and that's it :) Jelena couldn't move well but some nice shots :)
Well done Serbia, nice fight. Get well JJ and please skip Sydney :help:

Just Do It
Ceremony is on now. Jelena and Serena are talking and laughing, it seems they have a great time :awww: Bless them :angel:

ce
Yes you never should, considering no-one has ever hit a 200 MPH serve before :lol: :o

o shut up you know what i meant :rolleyes:

Mina Vagante
Fish. Nole expected the cross-court backhand, and Mardy went down-the-line into the open court.

:bounce: awwwww i wanna see their reaction

2moretogo
I know, but she has more than a week to recover. Hopefully, it is enough.

I can't believe that lame ass Fish caused my Serena to lose 8 games.:fiery::mad:
It was a TEAM effort, as Serena had some wth shots as well. :devil:

(sighs) so true, and the season is so long. :p

I can remember some huge body serves from Nole right at Serena. :tape: Your bias is digusting.

I know, wondering if I was watching the same match as some of the posters.

This presentation is like a school assembly, long and the kids (players) are getting restless. (Can we get them some chairs?) :help:

dybbuk
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:26 PM

That's very harsh and innacurate. Novak battled better than anyone on the court in order to take some of the burden from Jelena, yes. Serena was great at net today, and to say she just served big takes away the many times she was besting both Jelena and Novak at the net. Fish was too eager to poach and made some mistakes, but he came up with some important poaches.

ce
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:27 PM

wel he has done only after fishboy killed Jelena with one of his serves:rolleyes:

Mikey.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM
The commentators said that Jelena doesn't play in Sydney until Wednesday. So hopefully that's enough time for some kind of recovery.

BuTtErFrEnA

omg cause it does not make sense to serve your best...i'm sure if jj had a big serve and could use it in the match she would have...not our fault she doesn't...serena and mardy didn't break the rules

2moretogo

Serena hit one to Nole during the match. :o

dybbuk
wel he has done only after fishboy killed Jelena with one of his serves:rolleyes:

No, it was actually after a game where Serena aced him once, and hit an unreturnable serve the other time. :tape: :lol:

Craigy

Oh grow up. :weirdo: Watch some other mixed doubles matches then come back to us.

xr6turbo
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:29 PM
God.. so many bitter serbian fans in here :o Stop hating and accept it. :)

Tenis Srbija
Pitty :(

-VSR-

Of course he did, grow up. It's professional tennis and they are competiting for a prize. If she can't take it then get off the court. I've seen many women hold their own in a mixed doubles match and some even smaller than Jankovic.

2moretogo
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Ceremony is on now. Jelena and Serena are talking and laughing, it seems they have a great time :awww: Bless them :angel:

Whilst some posters in this thread are fighting. :lol:

Scotso
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Nole :sad:

Mikey.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Oooo Serena is getting her precious ball now :eek:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Oh grow up. :weirdo: Watch some other mixed doubles matches then come back to us.

good thing roddick doesn't play :eek: otherwise they would be really complaining

MagicMilan
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:32 PM
The commentators said that Jelena doesn't play in Sydney until Wednesday. So hopefully that's enough time for some kind of recovery.
WTF, she'll play????? :cuckoo:
You're one crazy girl :o

Mikey.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Jelena runs up to the microphone and says "Why does Serena always get to get all this bling bling?!"

~Kiera~
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Jelena runs up to the microphone and says "Why does Serena always get to get all this bling bling?!"

:lol:

Serena posing for the camera with the ball, too.

2moretogo
Oh Jelena... Serena has all that "bling bling" because she's golden!!!

lmao @ Jelena trying steal the ball.

BuTtErFrEnA
^lmao!!!!

FrenchY52
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Well done USA !!
:woohoo:

Craigy

:haha:

2moretogo
Serena is sooo nervous she forgot to thank Mardy!!! (dead)

thenj

wednesday are the QFs, she will have to play tuesday

fun match but Fish:tape::help:

~Kiera~
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Serena is sooo nervous she forgot to thank Mardy!!! (dead)

He noticed :lol:

2moretogo
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
:rolls::rolls:Mardy!!!!:rolls::rolls: (you didn't thank me Serena...:tape:)

Just Do It
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Serena : Thanks to this amazing crowd
Crowd : No one reacts :rolleyes:

2moretogo
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Oooh Mrs. Hopman is soooo cute.

Bijoux0021
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
That was funny.

daniela86
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
:sad: :sad: Too bad we missed those 4 sps :sad: but at least it was fun to watch :D Hopefully Jankovic withdraws from Sydney now :o
Congrats to the USA :) :yeah:

mankind
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Serena : Thanks to this amazing crowd
Crowd : No one reacts :rolleyes:

Perhaps they knew players say that same shit everywhere they go.

2moretogo
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:41 PM
See, not just Serena forgets what see was going to say... she has competition with Lucy Hopman!!! Hopefully next year they will get it right.

serenus_2k8
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Haha its good to see top players having fun and respecting eachother. The Serbs are hillarious...I liked Jelenas 'All I did was win Wimbledon' comment :lol:

Sleepwalker64
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Congratulations USA. You deserve it. REST JJ!!!

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM

:rolls:

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Haha its good to see top players having fun and respecting eachother. The Serbs are hillarious...I liked Jelenas 'All I did was win Wimbledon' comment :lol:

WHERE ARE YOU WATCHING IT?

Mikey.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Are Navratilova and McNamee still playing the exhibition doubles match?

©@®eLess
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM
God.. so many bitter serbian fans in here :o Stop hating and accept it. :)

i dont hate the loss....i hate Fish behaviour...he has no sportsmanship at all. He comes from this irritating nervous-cursing-serve-only school lie Roddick

Serena was classy...and glad she won it. Hope they chose Blake next time...or atleast someone who can put a nice word for the opponent

Kampi
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Congrats for Serena and Mardy:wavey:...in the end you deserved to win, no doubt about that. :worship:

Also a nice effort from Jelena and Novak. :hug: You both were once again great ambassadors of your country.:D But my biggest concern is of course Jelena's injury. I seriously hope she will be healthy for the upcoming big events. I will keep my fingers crossed for our JJ.:angel:

Mattographer
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:03 PM
:rolls: @ Serbian angry fans here. USA won, accept it :) If I were Mardy Fish, I still would giving ball back at Jelena Jankovic and even aced her with really hard serve :) Serena looked so happy than ever! :D

Chance
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:06 PM
fun match to watch. It looked like Mardy and Serena got along really well. Hope they return to defend if not at least Venus.
Fish's girlfriend is gorgeous.
Mrs Hopman is so sweet.

Mikey.
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Oooo Serena and Mardy get 250 grand for winning :eek:

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Was there a live feed that people watched it on?

doni1212
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Great job Serena and Mardy!!!

©@®eLess
:rolls: @ Serbian angry fans here. USA won, accept it :) If I were Mardy Fish, I still would giving ball back at Jelena Jankovic and even aced her with really hard serve :) Serena looked so happy than ever! :D

:lol: @ australian fans who got bittered after their losses, and came here to enjoy others....

maja.amelie
Congrats Rena and Mardy :worship:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
:bounce: Congrats Reefish! :yeah:

I was :eek: When I read that Fish almost beat Novak :eek: But I'm glad Serena got to play an actual match with pressure.

I think she should tap Fish to help her complete the "Boxed Set", because they play QUITE well together :yeah:

Congrats USA :yeah:

Pureracket
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM
:bounce: Congrats Reefish! :yeah:

I was :eek: When I read that Fish almost beat Novak :eek: But I'm glad Serena got to play an actual match with pressure.

I think she should tap Fish to help her complete the "Boxed Set", because they play QUITE well together :yeah:

Congrats USA :yeah:I'd still prefer that she play with "Mad Max" Miryni(sp?).

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'd still prefer that she play with "Mad Max" Miryni(sp?).

Federer :)

Pureracket
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Federer :)Serena would totally have to carry him.

santhuruu
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:28 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/292/captd47cb1939ad341a48d0bs8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mattographer
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:29 PM
:lol: @ australian fans who got bittered after their losses, and came here to enjoy others....
We're not bitters after their losses and we accepted it. Why can't you do the same? :weirdo:

The Daviator
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:30 PM
USA :woohoo: Even if Jelena was fit, USA probably still had the edge, since they're two massive servers and tough to break in doubles, rest up JJ :o

Pureracket
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Usa!!!!!

*Jean*
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Janka/Djokovic :sad:

Well done USA ;)

terjw
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Well congratz to USA. I thought it woud be too much for Serbia to win.

What I don't understand is that when Jelena is injured - that's it. If she can't play - she has to forfeit her match. But when Serena is too ill to play - she can have a substitute. It just seems like double standards to me. What are the rules for the Hopman Cup?

cartmancop
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Good job Serena & Mardy! This was good prep for Serena before the AO.

I hope JJ is ok for the AO.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM
you can have a sub at any time, but I mean, the depth of Serbia is :unsure: :lol:

Destiny
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Whoah
yes serena
you go girl

Emina.
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:54 PM
more pics please...:)

TatiNovic
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM
good job Serena/Mardy

LudwigDvorak
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM
you can have a sub at any time, but I mean, the depth of Serbia is :unsure: :lol:

They could have gotten any of their other three top 300 players. :lol:

But didn't Chela substitute for a different country, or something? I really wanted to see Tati/Serena. :(

santhuruu
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:27 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5951/c6781382505246608274d79bp2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Serena Williams: '' Never heard of the song Diamonds are a girls best friend'' :lol:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7544/capt228a18f3b9e24cb5adbof9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Gotta like the Serbian Love!

Serena-rules-no1
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Serena's back

defence of AO title on the way

be afraid Henin, be very afraid :devil:

maja.amelie
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Serena's back

defence of AO title on the way

be afraid Henin, be very afraid :devil:

:D

The Daviator
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Well congratz to USA. I thought it woud be too much for Serbia to win.

What I don't understand is that when Jelena is injured - that's it. If she can't play - she has to forfeit her match. But when Serena is too ill to play - she can have a substitute. It just seems like double standards to me. What are the rules for the Hopman Cup?

I don't think there are any :lol:

Mrs. Peel
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Congrats USA!!!! I hope that I can see this match later today on TTC!!

Tennisation
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Jelena:haha:

Marcell
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/8e/fullj.2a48f23278f623b6c14b35a87e837260/2a48f23278f623b6c14b35a87e837260-getty-78622746pk021_hopman_cup_da.jpg

Dodoboy.
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:17 PM
SHE DIDN'T really get great preperation to be honest...only 2 matches out of a potential 5...

but...
YAY!!!

AM SO EXCITED FOR 08 prospects!!!
Was in school following both the livescore of hopman cup AND watching hong kong it was so nerve-racking!...their matches followed the same patterned it seem because when Venus broke back or won a set (can't remember which) serena won the first set or got back in it(can't remember which)

I hope Venus wins her final so we can have a WILLIAMS WEEK!!!!!!!!

Great preparation for doubles though....glad to see they could pull it together!!
I OFFICIALLY LOVE JELENA...i mean that smile....AND I OFFICALLY LOVE Djokovic...he is just so funny....SERBIAN TENNIS PLAYERS all in all!! haha...
Yay Serena and VENUS!!!!!!

Matt01
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Congrats to Serena and Mardy :) (even though this is only some exhibition tourney :p )

Jelena: I'm sure that you fought well :hug:

Lulu.
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Well done Serena and Mardy. :woohoo:

US is the best! :)

starin
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
:bounce::bounce:
Team USA!!!
Seems like Mardy played really well in his singles match. To push Novak that hard is really good sign for his AO summer.
I just wish Serena got to play some singles against Janovic or Golovin to prep her even better for the AO. But oh well she won a diamond ball so I'm sure she's fine. :)

Brooks.
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:25 PM
yay! Great way to start the year Serena! We all know what happened the last time she won the Hopman Cup :devil: It's time to defend that AO Title!

Fan_of_Venus
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:32 PM
:bounce: Yes. USA. Congratulations Serena and Mardy. Thanks to Meghan.

mb011
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:33 PM
with jelena and novak being injured the us team really had to fight hard to win. fish used all his power of serve on jelena, she even comented that on court. not very gentlemen-like. still nice try for our team. well done!! if they were healthy and fit they would have won the doubles easily... jelena was just standing on court, still it seems they all had fun!

Londoner
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Fantastic!

I can't imagine anyone now seriously putting Jankovic over Serena at the Aussie Open.

Pureracket
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM
with jelena and novak being injured the us team really had to fight hard to win. fish used all his power of serve on jelena, she even comented that on court. not very gentlemen-like. still nice try for our team. well done!! if they were healthy and fit they would have won the doubles easily... jelena was just standing on court, still it seems they all had fun!Is the stuff you smoke illegal where you live, or can a person buy it out of a drugstore?

Wayn77
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:43 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5951/c6781382505246608274d79bp2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Serena Williams: '' Never heard of the song Diamonds are a girls best friend'' :lol:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7544/capt228a18f3b9e24cb5adbof9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Gotta like the Serbian Love!

nice pics :)

hotandspicey
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Congrats team USA!! Nice job! :worship: Kudos to Jelena for giving it her best shot. better luck next time.

rrfnpump
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM
From another thread. :o

Ana is in Hong Kong. BTW watching mixed...Novak and Gisela playing really bitchy. Gisela keeps hitting balls at Jelena, and Novak hitting bombs to Gisela. Someone's gonna get injured.

Let me get that right. Its ok Novak hitting bombs to Gisela, but it is wrong Fish hitting bombs to Jelena. Nice logic. :rolleyes:

sweetpeas
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:22 PM
So Happy!!!!!!

MagicMilan
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:25 PM
They could have gotten any of their other three top 300 players. :lol:

But didn't Chela substitute for a different country, or something? I really wanted to see Tati/Serena. :(
We have 2 players ATM that are better ranked than any American :nerner:

ivanban
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM
:confused: That's how doubles works, darling. You go after the weakest link. Jelena knew what she was getting into.

Yes, but that doesn't mean he had to serve 220km/h to Jelena :rolleyes::o:fiery::tape::help:

mb011
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Is the stuff you smoke illegal where you live, or can a person buy it out of a drugstore?

i'm sure you were on the very sam stuff when you watched the match, or didn't see it at all, but your comment is childish.

end of disscussion for me...

doni1212
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:02 PM

With no grandslams, :nerner:
:lol:

Pureracket
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:07 PM
i'm sure you were on the very sam stuff when you watched the match, or didn't see it at all, but your comment is childish.

end of disscussion for me...
Begone....lol!!!!!

mb011
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:08 PM
:devil: serbia :devil:

Bijoux0021
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Oh puhleeeeeeze!

I bet if you ask them, your "better ranked" players would trade their better rankings for a couple of slams.

RenaSlam.
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Hell yes!

USA!

Well done. Serena and Mardy seemed to pair nicely together. Surprising.

fawnrc
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM

When you play 60+ tourny's your ranking has to be up there at some point.

Bijoux0021
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:34 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/8e/fullj.2a48f23278f623b6c14b35a87e837260/2a48f23278f623b6c14b35a87e837260-getty-78622746pk021_hopman_cup_da.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/873qvbd.jpg

Thanks for posting the link of this pic, Marcell.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Ree's legs are :eek:

I can't WAIT for the Aussie :drool:

Diesel
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Um, some people need to take this for what it was and what it ended up being --- fun. Stop taking things so seriously and trying to make some drama. Congrats to all those who participated.

Lulu.
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Yes, but that doesn't mean he had to serve 220km/h to Jelena :rolleyes::o:fiery::tape::help:

Yes it does thats the game of mixed doubles if she couldn't handle it she shouldn't of played, no different than Djokovic bombing serves at Serena. He wanted to win and it would of been embarrassing if he and Serena lost by not capitalizing on Jankovic's injury like some other teams didn't.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I just finished watching the mixed doubles. It was so fun. That volley that Serena hit after Novak fired a shot right at her was amazing. Even Novak couldn't believe Serena got that back.

The part of Serena's speech I saw afterwards was hilarious. She was like a little schoolgirl when talking about Djokovic :lol:

roooobert
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM
can you wtach the match somewere???

TennisSTUD
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Fish(a nobody tennis player) and Serena acted like assholes.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:59 PM

and still, all Serbian players (males + females) have won as many Slams as Mardy Fish has alone. Zero.

rada
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Nice to see Jelena and Serena getting along at and having a laugh :)

Mrs. Peel
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Its entertaining all these people being nasty and bitter over an exhibition tourney. :help:Can't wait to see the fireworks when the competition matters :drool: :rolleyes:

simba
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Congrats to all the Players, they have great personality. Serena and Mardy was great and i also remenber why i love Jelena and Njokovic.

jonny84
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Knew USA could win here! Well done Mardy & Serena!

Infiniti2001
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:10 PM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4663/84315415ir6.jpg
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9361/44379966il5.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6337/70014916er4.jpg
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7427/33186838rw0.jpg

Oh and here is a beautiful pic of Anna Chakvatadze, she's on Center Court on TTC now
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3922/92265884fe3.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2039/mmch8.jpg

Bounty Hunter
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I just saw the match.... wow.. They had so much fun.... So glad to see all four of players having fun and still be competitive!!

Jelena is sooooooo funny... Loved her speech!! I like when Jelena tried to take the golden ball :lol::lol: and turn to Serena and said... why does Serena always get the bling bling :lol::lol:

Great win Team USA!!! :bounce::bounce:

Pureracket
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Fish(a nobody tennis player) and Serena acted like assholes.
How so?

vettipooh
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:50 PM
:hatoff: to Rena and Mardy on a job well done! Can't believe that there are so many varied reports on one match. It's almost as if there were two different matches. :lol: Thanks to those who posted the pics. Nice to see Rena smiling, happy and looking fit. :banana:

serenafann
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Congrats Serena and Mardy.

RVD
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:10 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO SERENA, MARDY, AND MEGHANN!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :worship:
And get well soon MEGHANN!!

...Waits for Serena to fashion an earring outta that golden ball. :lol::angel:
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/cw2oo7/Livejournal/2-1.png

moon
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:54 AM
great match to watch :)
Serena hitting aces and unreturnables to Djokovic was :drool:

MagicMilan
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:31 AM
When you play 60+ tourny's your ranking has to be up there at some point.
And how many tournaments has Ana played? :rolleyes:

Modiac.
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:39 AM
I uploaded the highlight of the match,enjoy it:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12239217&postcount=165

vswfan
Jan 6th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I uploaded the highlight of the match,enjoy it:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12239217&postcount=165

thank you!
is it possible to upload the whole match?