PDA

View Full Version : Jelena WON'T play against Serena tonight!!

Droolv
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Serbia to Gamble on Winning Men’s and Doubles
4/01/2008

DUE to her leg injury, Serbia’s Jelena Jankovic will not play the women’s singles match against the USA’s Serena Williams meaning Novak Djokovic must win his match with Mardy Fish and Serbia the doubles to claim their first Hyundai Hopman Cup.

Jankovic first suffered the injury on Wednesday against France’s Tatiana Golovin, where she retired in the second game and then on Thursday night won the first set against Argentina’s Gisela Dulko before retiring.

However, on both occasions Djokovic won his singles and the pair of world No. 3s won the mixed doubles over France and Argentina, so they are certainly within a chance of beating Williams and Fish.

As an added bonus for the packed Burswood Dome crowd, Tournament Director Paul McNamee and legend Martina Navratilova will play a mixed doubles match after the trophy presentation.

McNamee and Navratilova won the Wimbledon mixed doubles together in 1985.

Serbia qualified for the final on the back of Djokovic being undefeated in the singles and the pair not losing a doubles encounter.

Jankovic is desperate to win the Hyundai Hopman Cup for Serbia and that is her driving motivation for playing through the injury.

“If I was playing for myself in a regular tournament, I would pull out and not bother going on court. This is a different situation, though. I am representing my country, not Jelena, so I want to fight until the end and not disappoint Novak,” Jankovic said.

“I shouldn’t be on the court with my injury, but with our motivation and drive, we really want to win. He is pushing me and as a team we are glad to get through to the final for the first time Serbia, we are making history.”

With the prospect of being blown off the court against Williams, Jankovic is not capable of playing both singles and doubles.

“I know it will be very difficult because when you are healthy it’s tough to play Serena and it’s even more so when you’re injured. I’m worried because in the singles I couldn’t do it and it was a torture being on court suffering with every move,” she said.

“The more time I spend on court the worse the injury gets. It’s the same in the doubles, but it’s not as much because I can protect myself and let Novak run down all the balls.”

That driving passion Jankovic and Djokovic have to win for their country looks certain to ensure the USA will not have an easy ride to winning its fifth Hyundai Hopman Cup.

“We are warriors. We are Serbia, we are strong and we have a winning mentality,” she said.

“We want to win, there’s no doubt about that. I don’t care that I’m injured, we have three legs they have four, so we are at a little disadvantage, but you never know what can happen.”

The final will begin at 6pm with Djokovic playing Fish, before a potentially deciding mixed doubles.

http://hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=103&newsid=211

Hashim.
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:23 AM
thank God:worship:

-VSR-
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Please, she's playing it up more than it is. With the Australian Open coming up in less than two weeks, she wouldn't put her chance in jeporady over Hopman Cup. She is most likely slightly injured and doesn't want Serena to destroy her. She also, if it happens, wants the glory of capturing Hopman Cup with this "career threatening injury". The spotlight she would be in.

Brooks.
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:27 AM
that's really selfish...she shoud have pulled out and given another team a chance to play

this is the final...and she basically ruined it..

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Well , Nole is going to win his 2 matches

cameron
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:31 AM
While I have supported Serbia all week this is the last thing the Hopman Cup needed. Basically they are robbing the crowd of seeing Serena in all her glory and as one of the major draw cards it will hurt the tournament in the long run. While I can't wait to see Novak once again live and then the mix I somewhat feel robbed heading to the dome tonight.

xr6turbo
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:34 AM
While I have supported Serbia all week this is the last thing the Hopman Cup needed. Basically they are robbing the crowd of seeing Serena in all her glory and as one of the major draw cards it will hurt the tournament in the long run. While I can't wait to see Novak once again live and then the mix I somewhat feel robbed heading to the dome tonight.
My words exactly. Sucks for Serena, i'm sure she would have loved to play in the final.. :(:o

woosey
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:34 AM
it's only the hopman cup. she's acting like it's the frickin olympics. she should think about representing serbia for the olympics not at this rinkydink mishmash of a tournament.

woosey
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:36 AM

i'm sorry for you. maybe you can get a cheap flight to melbourne. :)

starin
:bounce:
good idea for Jelena to rest and not risk further injuring herself this early on in the season.
And now I'm excited that the final will come down to the mixed doubles. I love that.
GO USA!! if they lose to Djokovic and Jelena then :o cuz really its just novak with Jelena severely hampered.

Will Serena play an exhibition match like Mardy did?

MrSerenaWilliams
:o She should have let France play. That was selfish :shrug: oh well. USA should win mixed. Are Martina and Paul going to play against the winner?

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Well, stuff like that happens. Serena herself couldnt play the first tie either and people didn't get to see her "in all her glory -_-".

Ajde Srbija, win it !!!

And btw, selfish? She worked so hard this week and all that just to not play the final? Thats even crazier. Tsk.

justine schnyder
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Shcking

azinna
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:40 AM
...“We are warriors. We are Serbia, we are strong and we have a winning mentality,” she said....

Clearly being melodramatic here. And not all that smart. She really needs to learn how to stop and rest.

DPJ
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:43 AM
that's really selfish...she shoud have pulled out and given another team a chance to play

I completely agree...I like Jankovic a lot but this is just ridiculous. If I were in the crowd I'd be pissed...I'd have much rather paid to see Golovin vs. Serena than see crotchety old Nav Rat playing a damn doubles match. I think Jankovic definitely should have made room, and I can't believe anyone didn't put a stop to this absurdity.

frontier
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:45 AM
She has been a nightmare to the organisers,if it was Serena doing this she will be burned on a haystack.She is so selfish:devil:

Tennisation
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:47 AM
“If I was playing for myself in a regular tournament, I would pull out and not bother going on court. This is a different situation, though. I am representing my country, not Jelena, so I want to fight until the end and not disappoint Novak"She must have disappointed him in bed now she has to make up for it, that Novak is a no good shameless slapahoe beast!:sobbing: poor Jelena:hug:

stevos
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:47 AM
I agree with some of you who say she's robbing a good singles match from the people who came to see Serena. I mean, this is basically an exhibition tournament, so why not allow the most entertaining and bigger drawcard have a chance to play, rather than sitting it out and scraping through the mixed. Oh well. She does have integrity at least, I just wish she'd take a break.

aussie_fan
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Geez, what's the bloody point, i rather see a full strength side in to replace serbia, this might be proving a point of that it is a circus.

cfc_4_ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:49 AM
I am going 2nite. I dont think it is selfish 1 bit. Her and Novak made it into the final and have every right to compete to the best of there ability. If that means Jelena can play only 1 match she can only play one match!!! GO SERBIA I will be supporting them.

Also Paul and Martina will play a match after the ceremony for the crowd. I would have paided to see that anyway.

http://www.hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=103&NewsId=212

yukon145
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:51 AM

i 100% agree. i like jelena for the most part but its very selfish. i would be really pissed if i paid for tickets to the finals.

starin
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Plus Jelena prolly really just wants one of those diamond balls.

Leo_DFP
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:04 AM
This is ridiculous. France should get the chance to play the US.

And we all know she's playing up the injury. :rolleyes: Losing respect for JJ.

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Plus Jelena prolly really just wants one of those diamond balls.

Ya, Serena doesnt want it at all. She'll leave it there should she win. :rolleyes:

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Serena is so selfish, she shouldnt have played on against Hantuchova @ Wimbledon to give her a chance against Justine. -_-

But serena was such a biiiiiiig fighter back then...rite?

cakiteror
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:23 AM
the thing is,they are playing for their country!and they are enjoying it,plus,there are a lot of serbs in perth,and they want jelena and novak to play,so not playing would be a dissapointment!

Tennisation
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Serena is so selfish, she shouldnt have played on against Hantuchova @ Wimbledon to give her a chance against Justine. -_-Hantu against Justine? what chance?:lol:

Martian Stacey
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:27 AM
The girl really needs to learn when to take a break :tape:

Sucks for the fans :( It would have been an interesting match had Jelena been fit to play

cfc_4_ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:27 AM
the thing is,they are playing for their country!and they are enjoying it,plus,there are a lot of serbs in perth,and they want jelena and novak to play,so not playing would be a dissapointment!

Exactly!!! I hope the serbs are out in full 2nite!!! Will make the dbls exciting when it goes to a match tiebreaker. Go Serbia

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:30 AM
So, you're saying Tati would beat Serena? Lets have a special Tati replaces Jelena for Serbia match then :p

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Half the crowd is Serbian :)

hectopascal
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:33 AM

Right on! Why should Jelena / Serbia give up their spot in the final when they still have a chance of winning and have a lot of fans giving them support?! :fiery:

cfc_4_ever
So, you're saying Tati would beat Serena? Lets have a special Tati replaces Jelena for Serbia match then :p

Jelena wouldnt have beaten Serena if she was fit anyway!!!

jujufreak
She also, if it happens, wants the glory of capturing Hopman Cup with this "career threatening injury". The spotlight she would be in.

Why didn't Serena think of that :tape:

Slumpsova
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:04 AM
she was basically saying "i won't bother playing against Serena but i still want to win this damn thing so let Novak win it for me." :rolleyes:

it's just ridiculous about what she said. the "representing country, not let them down thing", actually it's Novak who is carrying all responsibilities bc he needs to win every match he plays, singles or doubles, or Serbia will be screwed. even if Serbs win it, Nole should take all these credits not her.

IMO if she insists not to play singles, she shouldn't be allowed to play doubles either. imagine Sam Stosur withdrawed from AO singles but still wants to pair with Lisa Raymond bc she is sure Lisa can win doubles title by herself :o

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Well, stuff like that happens. Serena herself couldnt play the first tie either and people didn't get to see her "in all her glory -_-".

Ajde Srbija, win it !!!

And btw, selfish? She worked so hard this week and all that just to not play the final? Thats even crazier. Tsk.

Well they had a sub :shrug:

rada
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Go Jelena and Novak win it. She worked hard to get there she shouldn't have to give it up ;)

*Jean*
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Good decision...Let's hope now Novak wins :hearts:

gmokb
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Why can't they substitute someone for her, like what US did with Serena? I want to see Serena play.

-VSR-
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I hope Jelena is better either way for the mixed doubles and the Australian Open. :hug:

This would have been a good preparation match for Serena. :mad:

Huntress555
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I hope they still win it :D!!

Sucks for Serena though.

iWill
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:41 AM
She has been a nightmare to the organisers,if it was Serena doing this she will be burned on a haystack.She is so selfish:devil:

Nice to know I wasn't the only person thinking that but it has been discussed more than enough.... ANYWAY

Sux that Serena didn't get a chance to get some more practice in singles before australia but doubles will help her serve and return so she should be ok. I hope the US wins mostly because Jankovic should have just let France or another healthy country play or brought in Ivanovic as a sub......:devil:

Scotso
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I don't know why France should get to play the final if they couldn't even beat Serbia with one match being a near-walkover.

It would be nice if they could find a sub for her, but Serbia earned the chance at the final. Why should they give that up because a player is injured? Ridiculous.

Scotso
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:46 AM

Did you read this thread that you posted in? I'm surprised this mob hasn't tarred and feathered Jelena yet.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Serena is so selfish, she shouldnt have played on against Hantuchova @ Wimbledon to give her a chance against Justine. -_-

LMAO, I doubt Hantuchova would have taken Justine to three sets!

And you're forgetting that Serena still played at lost 6-3 in the THIRD. It wasn't a walkover like Jankovic is doing today :rolleyes:

muppet!

Goai
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Good decision. Hope they win tonight. But maybe they could have Serena play another person for exhibition or something to replace it.

evan2907
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Go Mardy !!!!!!!!!
Beat Djokovic and send Jankovic home :devil:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:56 AM

Ajde Srbija, win it !!!

Well they had a sub :shrug:

simba
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:01 AM
i guess she believe that they have a chance to win tonight. Serena and Mardy won't play like France or Argentina. I like her and i hope that i will exciting game in double.

moby
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I don't know why France should get to play the final if they couldn't even beat Serbia with one match being a near-walkover.

It would be nice if they could find a sub for her, but Serbia earned the chance at the final. Why should they give that up because a player is injured? Ridiculous.Precisely.

If France played the final, they might actually go down 0-3. Serbia, even though they're effectively giving a match away, will do no worse than a 1-2 loss. Novak is pretty much a lock for all his singles.

evan2907
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:57 AM
If France played the final, they might actually go down 0-3. Serbia, even though they're effectively giving a match away, will do no worse than a 1-2 loss. Novak is pretty much a lock for all his singles.

France could beat USA. Clement can beat Fish and Clement/Golovin can win the double.

Jankovic shouldn't have the right to play. She withdrew twice and she continue to play. France and Argentina should be declared winners after Jankovic's withdrawal.
It's a insult that Jankovic continues to play.

jdyshrky
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:31 AM
The words 'drama' and 'queen' come to mind. When I first heard this I thought it was pretty disrespectful to the Hopman Cup in general. Should a team be allowed to win even though one member has forfeited basically all of their matches? If you're not able to go on court, you're not able to go on court, period. Jelena talking sh!t as per usual.

Helaena
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:35 AM

It would be nice if they could find a sub for her, but Serbia earned the chance at the final. Why should they give that up because a player is injured? Ridiculous.

spot on :yeah: they have reached the final eventhough jelena is injured, they earned their spot.
and as jelena mentioned, if it was only for herself, she will give up, but this is not all about her, this is about novak too and serbia, she'll try the best she can...;)

Hant11
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:41 AM
France could beat USA. Clement can beat Fish and Clement/Golovin can win the double.

Jankovic shouldn't have the right to play. She withdrew twice and she continue to play. France and Argentina should be declared winners after Jankovic's withdrawal.
It's a insult that Jankovic continues to play.

agree with you
no respect for fans too

Helaena
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:43 AM
The words 'drama' and 'queen' come to mind. When I first heard this I thought it was pretty disrespectful to the Hopman Cup in general. Should a team be allowed to win even though one member has forfeited basically all of their matches? If you're not able to go on court, you're not able to go on court, period. Jelena talking sh!t as per usual.

coming from a serena fan :tape:

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Why didn't Serena think of that :tape:
Not smart enough? :devil:

cfc_4_ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I dönt c how people think is disrespectful to the fans. Serbia won the right to play the final and thats what she is doing. She is injured so she needs 2 find away that gives serbia the best chance 2 win. By not playing the singles she does that. I think by actual playing she is doing a respectful thing. I am in the crowd right now. Every1 i have spoken to is thrilled! And serbia will still have the crowd! Go jelena and novak

Jeff
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Hopefully Jelena doesn't hurt herself more. I do hope Serena/Mardy win the cup, because it would really stink for Jelena and Novak to pull out the victory with a withdrawl. Is this the only tournament in which one can withdraw from singles and then play doubles? lol :p

Prizeidiot
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I think it's a good decision on Jelena's behalf.

She'll get drilled by Serena at anything less than 100%. Anyone who's seen her matches in Perth would see that she's absolutely pathetic at the moment. She can barely move, and Novak is carrying her like Superman in the mixed matches.

There's no way on Earth she can forfeit the mixed as well after all that Novak's done for her.

~Kiera~
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Everyone is so quick to pass judgement on Jelena that they're overlooking one very important factor. Novak. He has busted a gut on court and earnt his place in that final.

To expect him to give that up simply because some people here would like to watch France instead - who BTW couldn't even beat this severely limited team - is crazy.

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Let's just say i'm REALLY annoyed. People pay good money to see Serena play and they only get to see the doubles (which might prove to be worth nothing)I agree with other posters, it is selfish

Wayn77
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Leave it out ...

Jelena's movement for singles is clearly hampered, she's walking around with an ice-pack strapped to her ass all day.

It's a shame for the big match tonight, the same the other evening in a potentially attractive match with Tati. Unless JJ can stand on one leg, winning orrible banging down three aces every service game - she doesn't have a prayer against "on-fire" Williams tonight.

From what I have been reading the Australian public and media have been full of praise for both Serbians this week. Knowledgeable Aussie crowds can smell contrived bullshit a mile off. Jeka and Nole are entertainers, they are charmers, they play to win with a smile on their face. Listen to the noise in the stands.

smit101
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I am glad she didn't play the match she looked in so much pain last night and she has so many points to defend in Sydney so she needs to be fit for that and the AO!

rockstar
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
go serbia! :D

cfc_4_ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Let's just say i'm REALLY annoyed. People pay good money to see Serena play and they only get to see the doubles (which might prove to be worth nothing)I agree with other posters, it is selfish

I am sorry. But 90% off ppl here when they bought there tickets didnt no who was playin in the final. Ppl paid too see the best from group a play the best of group b.
However on saturday when 90% of ppl bought there tickets they thought serena wud play. So under ur logic did serena rip them off? I mean every1 2nite is gettin the mix saturday didnt!
Serena didnt dilberetley get sik
jelena didnt delibrately get injuried.
Shit happens in sport and life. Mardy just broke novak. Big grown in crowd. Mardy broken twice in first set not much of a grown for that. The crowd dosent seem to think they are gettin ripped off! Why i no? I am in it!
Novak leads 62 34 (down break)

Yasmine
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Oh the girl does make sense sometimes :lol:

Chance
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:32 AM
it's very disappointing, but if it's allowed- it's allowed.

ce
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:35 AM
:rolleyes:
at some people who thinks that she is selfish :rolleyes:
she also put Serbia here,and she wants to win this for Serbia :rolleyes:
AJmo Jelena :woohoo:

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I am sorry. But 90% off ppl here when they bought there tickets didnt no who was playin in the final. Ppl paid too see the best from group a play the best of group b.
However on saturday when 90% of ppl bought there tickets they thought serena wud play. So under ur logic did serena rip them off? I mean every1 2nite is gettin the mix saturday didnt!
Serena didnt dilberetley get sik
jelena didnt delibrately get injuried.
Shit happens in sport and life. Mardy just broke novak. Big grown in crowd. Mardy broken twice in first set not much of a grown for that. The crowd dosent seem to think they are gettin ripped off! Why i no? I am in it!
Novak leads 62 34 (down break)

I understand that neither player planned to get sick or injured, but in Serena's case USA got a replacement so the crowd got to see a match. Well anyway... 5-6 now, me thinks it's going to be down to the doubles. If Serbia win by Jelena pulling out of last couple of singles i'll be mad:angel:

Seles&Dokic
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Ajde Srbijooooo..

evan2907
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Mardy wins the 2nd set 7/6(4) :bounce::bounce:

Go Fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simba
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
it'snt looking good for Serbia. Djokovic looks so tired and now it a third set and he has to play in double with an injured partner. goodluck,serbia.

Londoner
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Serbia to Gamble on Winning Men’s and Doubles
4/01/2008

DUE to her leg injury, Serbia’s Jelena Jankovic will not play the women’s singles match against the USA’s Serena Williams meaning Novak Djokovic must win his match with Mardy Fish and Serbia the doubles to claim their first Hyundai Hopman Cup.

Jankovic first suffered the injury on Wednesday against France’s Tatiana Golovin, where she retired in the second game and then on Thursday night won the first set against Argentina’s Gisela Dulko before retiring.

However, on both occasions Djokovic won his singles and the pair of world No. 3s won the mixed doubles over France and Argentina, so they are certainly within a chance of beating Williams and Fish.

As an added bonus for the packed Burswood Dome crowd, Tournament Director Paul McNamee and legend Martina Navratilova will play a mixed doubles match after the trophy presentation.

McNamee and Navratilova won the Wimbledon mixed doubles together in 1985.

Serbia qualified for the final on the back of Djokovic being undefeated in the singles and the pair not losing a doubles encounter.

Jankovic is desperate to win the Hyundai Hopman Cup for Serbia and that is her driving motivation for playing through the injury.

“If I was playing for myself in a regular tournament, I would pull out and not bother going on court. This is a different situation, though. I am representing my country, not Jelena, so I want to fight until the end and not disappoint Novak,” Jankovic said.

“I shouldn’t be on the court with my injury, but with our motivation and drive, we really want to win. He is pushing me and as a team we are glad to get through to the final for the first time Serbia, we are making history.”

With the prospect of being blown off the court against Williams, Jankovic is not capable of playing both singles and doubles.

“I know it will be very difficult because when you are healthy it’s tough to play Serena and it’s even more so when you’re injured. I’m worried because in the singles I couldn’t do it and it was a torture being on court suffering with every move,” she said.

“The more time I spend on court the worse the injury gets. It’s the same in the doubles, but it’s not as much because I can protect myself and let Novak run down all the balls.”

That driving passion Jankovic and Djokovic have to win for their country looks certain to ensure the USA will not have an easy ride to winning its fifth Hyundai Hopman Cup.

“We are warriors. We are Serbia, we are strong and we have a winning mentality,” she said.

“We want to win, there’s no doubt about that. I don’t care that I’m injured, we have three legs they have four, so we are at a little disadvantage, but you never know what can happen.”

The final will begin at 6pm with Djokovic playing Fish, before a potentially deciding mixed doubles.

http://hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=103&newsid=211

No comment.......

Prizeidiot
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Mardy wins the 2nd set 7/6(4) :bounce::bounce:

Go Fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF?

Man, I'm in Australia watching this right now and it's 5-4 Fish in the 2nd.... they're delaying this in Australia?!!?!?!!?!?

Paneru
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:57 AM
:rolleyes:
at some people who thinks that she is selfish :rolleyes:
she also put Serbia here,and she wants to win this for Serbia :rolleyes:
AJmo Jelena :woohoo:

Well, let's be honest.

This would be 10X worse the criticism on
this board if it were Serena to have done
what Jelena has, no matter how legit the
suppossed injury. And would you be as
forgiving to Serena? Hmmm.... ;)

So, Jelena is getting off easy to say the least.

And as someone else said, if this is
allowed under the rules, then sobeit.

serenus_2k8
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Well, let's be honest.

Lol Serena would be eaten alive if she did this..can you imagine all the shit that people would say.

As for 'working hard to reach the final' shes probably done the least work of all the women, she just has a great male partner...

Petersmiler
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
The double standards in this thread are hilarious. Keep it up!

Prizeidiot
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Lol Serena would be eaten alive if she did this..can you imagine all the shit that people would say.

As for 'working hard to reach the final' shes probably done the least work of all the women, she just has a great male partner...
Exactly. That's why she had to do what she did. If it was singles, withdraw, let France play. But she can't screw Novak over after he's busted his ass for her.

Petersmiler
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:08 AM

So I guess four pages of bile against Jelena isn't enough for you? If Jelena had won 8 slams and then done this the thread would probably be much longer. As it is, she seems to be getting plenty of disapproval. Do you ignore all the posts criticising her or do you just want to make a point. Again.

ce
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Well, let's be honest.

i LOVE Serena,so i probably wont react taht way :rolleyes:

Yasmine
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:23 AM
This thread was just boung to bring fire between Jelena and Serena fans :tape: :rolleyes:

I am a Jelena fan, even if I don't always agree with her act and think she makes silly decisions. And I respect Serena a lot for what she's achieved.

Indeed had Jelena been on tour at the top for as long as Serena, this thread would have burnt the whole forum already but either way what's the point? I fail to get it. :scratch:

saab95
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
The best joke when Serena's fan said: "let's be honest".

let's be honest, Meganne is victim of Serena's games for 6 months.
Isn't she?!

Viktymise
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Hopefully the USA kill them in the Mixed. :D

serenus_2k8
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Exactly. That's why she had to do what she did. If it was singles, withdraw, let France play. But she can't screw Novak over after he's busted his ass for her.

Yea I see your point...I think he would prefer to see her do well @ AO than to risk an infury here? I love that they're being so patriotic about it though, there isn't enough of that today IMO!

So I guess four pages of bile against Jelena isn't enough for you? If Jelena had won 8 slams and then done this the thread would probably be much longer. As it is, she seems to be getting plenty of disapproval. Do you ignore all the posts criticising her or do you just want to make a point. Again.

I was agreeing with a previous post, which you also seem to be agreeing with there... :confused: Everyone knows shes being stupid if she really is risk here career, or even the chance of a good run at AO so dont be such a baby... :rolleyes: I'm not posting to make a sandwich am I? Of course its a point that I want to get across...

serenus_2k8
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
The best joke when Serena's fan said: "let's be honest".

let's be honest, Meganne is victim of Serena's games for 6 months.
Isn't she?!

Yeah stomach flu is really a great game! They should write and ask for it to be added to Bejing later this year! :p:rolleyes:

Why would she bother delaying herself for a day and giving much less rest than she could have had, along with much less practice, if it wasnt serious. Its not like she asked for Meg to replace her or forced Meg to play a ridiculous number of games for her:confused:..and the injury didnt take place at Hopman Cup ...probably would have happened anyway! :confused:

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Hopefully the USA kill them in the Mixed. :D
Mixed might not even be worth anyting- MARDY IS WINNING:eek:

Wilson_07
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:45 AM

yeah :lol:

Petersmiler
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Yea I see your point...I think he would prefer to see her do well @ AO than to risk an infury here? I love that they're being so patriotic about it though, there isn't enough of that today IMO!

I was agreeing with a previous post, which you also seem to be agreeing with there... :confused: Everyone knows shes being stupid if she really is risk here career, or even the chance of a good run at AO so dont be such a baby... :rolleyes: I'm not posting to make a sandwich am I? Of course its a point that I want to get across...

So you're saying that all the disapproving and derogatory posts are valid? And therefore, all the posts that would have appeared about Serena would be valid too? Is that right?

ce
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM
NOVAK WON :woohoo:

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:51 AM
yeah :lol:

:sad: Jinxed it, kinda happy though, that means Serena will play her role in the final- and hopefull win:)

Wilson_07
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:52 AM

ok novak still won, but you have to admit that it was very close :lol:

2moretogo
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Ruins the "idea" of the Hopman final, but within the rules and therefore could be said to be a "good" strategy. We shall see Nole was lucky to escape the second tie, so we get a live Doubles Rubber to decide it!!!

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:57 AM
ok novak still won, but you have to admit that it was very close :lol:

YEAH! i think Mardy was withing two points from winning twice :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hopman Cup is an utter mess with idiotic rules. I hope TA get rid of it.

serenus_2k8
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:00 PM
So you're saying that all the disapproving and derogatory posts are valid? And therefore, all the posts that would have appeared about Serena would be valid too? Is that right?

I doubt Serena would ever pick and choose like this or claim shes risking her career for an exo, but if she did I would expect people to criticise her stupid decision, of course.
People wud b much more vicious with Ree though

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:02 PM

...you can't hate it! Tursonov played last year :p

simba
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM
bring on the double. it's better be good.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:09 PM
...you can't hate it! Tursonov played last year :p

yes, and aggravated his injury which ruined his whole season :sad: :help:

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
yes, and aggravated his injury which ruined his whole season :sad: :help:

Oh, i see why you hate it lol ! OMG Djokovic said it was the most prestigous tournament in the world! :spit:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Oh, i see why you hate it lol ! OMG Djokovic said it was the most prestigous tournament in the world! :spit:

:haha:

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:28 PM
When is the doubles?

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
When is the doubles?

Don't know. I guess in a half an hour or so :shrug:

santhuruu
When is the doubles?

That's what I'm wondering too!

topi11
When is the doubles? same thought

~Kiera~
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:35 PM
They're on court now.

Slutiana
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM

It's completely different. The way i see it is if you're injured, retire from everything. If your well enough to play the doubles, your well enough to play the singles.

she was basically saying "i won't bother playing against Serena but i still want to win this damn thing so let Novak win it for me." :rolleyes:

it's just ridiculous about what she said. the "representing country, not let them down thing", actually it's Novak who is carrying all responsibilities bc he needs to win every match he plays, singles or doubles, or Serbia will be screwed. even if Serbs win it, Nole should take all these credits not her.

IMO if she insists not to play singles, she shouldn't be allowed to play doubles either. imagine Sam Stosur withdrawed from AO singles but still wants to pair with Lisa Raymond bc she is sure Lisa can win doubles title by herself :o
good point
Well, let's be honest.

Agreed.

Nah, i like this tournie but i agree - this sh!t is fucked up. :tape:

:haha::haha:

ce
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Serbia :woohoo:

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Why isn't live score working! :mad:

Matt01
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Well, let's be honest.

suppossed injury.

Yes, all those evil Serena-haters should be ashamed of themselves :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess compared to Serena, Jelena is only the getting the "light criticism" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The BS some people are putting out in this thread is really unbearable.

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
They are a weird family. Didn't his mom say Novak was better than Roger.

moby
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:58 PM
The gamble's paying off so far. Serbia leads 4-1, first set.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:12 PM
now 5-4...

Serenidad.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
She is out-dramaing and out-divaing Serena. :scared:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:14 PM
tbh if the US had a better male player than mardy playing for them, like blake or roddick, then i don't think serbia would have risked jj not at least attempting to play the singles, but they did it on the assumption that mardy was no threat to nole...if they don't win it now then well...

Ivan.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Any steam ?

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM
She is out-dramaing and out-divaing Serena. :scared:
This must be shocking for Serena. First being surpassed as a player and now being surpassed as a drama queen.

Keadz
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
they had a set point and are 6-5 up, I have no idea how. US should be embarrassed.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM
^because nole is carrying the team...not really :shrug: nole can pounce on both servers from the U.S. had it been roddick serving then maybe it wouldn't be so easy to break his serve

Mikey.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:26 PM
6-6 :eek:

-VSR-
Paul.be you're an idiot. Must suck to be Justine having to deal with all those herpes problems and being surpassed as womanly by her ex-husband. :shock:

Mina Vagante
6-6 :eek:

OMG i'm sooooooooooooooooo nervous

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM
OMG i just screamed when they won the set!
Great fight from 1-4 down and set point down :worship:

ce
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
:tape:
we had 4 set points

ce
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
and Fish is sucj a jerk
serving with full power to JJ
asshole

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
^is nole letting up on serena? honest question

Yasmine
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Just reminder: If this thread turns into a live score thread it will be moved to the hopman cup section.:)

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
:tape:
we had 4 set points

FOUR!!:eek:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
no don't turn it into a livescore i want it to stay here!!!! :sad:

Craigy
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
and Fish is sucj a jerk
serving with full power to JJ
asshole

:help: :o

Matt01
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Paul.be you're an idiot. Must suck to be Justine having to deal with all those herpes problems and being surpassed as womanly by her ex-husband. :shock:

After you said that, I guess the word "idiot" would be very fitting to describe you as well.

Shoulderpova
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Is there any possibility to watch the match online? :wavey:

-VSR-
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:52 PM
After you said that, I guess the word "idiot" would be very fitting to describe you as well.

I fight fire with fire, I don't know why you're wasting your time with something that has nothing to do with you, but proceed.

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM
So you think I'm and idiot too. :)

Serenidad.
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Any links to streams?

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:59 PM
You prove again your complete lack of intelligence, courtesy and humour.

Helaena
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:01 PM

and you really have to bring this up? :mad:

topi11
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:02 PM
any links to streeams?

Bartosh
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Streams???

Meteor Shower
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
any links to streeeams?

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:06 PM
and you really have to bring this up? :mad:
Relax, it's his/her idea of a witty remark. :)

Mikey.
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM
The serbs lost 6-7 2-6

Helaena
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:08 PM
i don't even have a scoreboard :tape:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM
yay :banana:

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM
i don't even have a scoreboard :tape:
http://www.tennisform.com/

Here you can find live streams and live scores.
(Got it from a fellow poster in HHQ)

Helaena
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM
The serbs lost 6-7 2-6

:tape: poor nole, obviously he couldn't handle this on his own

jj, get well soon, more important things coming up ;)

Matt01
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
So you think I'm and idiot too. :)

Judging from what I remember from your various posts: No. :)

Matt01
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I fight fire with fire, I don't know why you're wasting your time with something that has nothing to do with you, but proceed.

I'm wasting my time with whatever I want to. That's none of your concern, but if you want, proceed :wavey:

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Judging from what I remember from your various posts: No. :)
Thanks, I knew there were some reasonable people here. :)