PDA

View Full Version : Belgian Journalists About Lei Clijsters

gentenaire
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
I thought the following comments a few sports journalists made about Lei Clijsters were interesting, considering how Lei is often slagged off (*cough* JR*cough*). I apologise if this has been posted before.

Basically, they're saying Lei took on the part of the bad guy on purpose, as a way to protect Kim. Lei took on the bad press, was the one to say no to the countless demands made on Kim, making him quite unpopular. But it worked in sheltering Kim. The journalists weren't too happy about it because it meant they never managed to get Kim to come to one of their talk shows on TV, but they clearly respect Lei for protecting his daughter so well. And then another example is given about how Lei really is a good guy: when Kim was 12, Lei helped a competitor of Kim financially. Playing in youth tournaments at a high level is quite expensive and the parents of the girl had trouble financing it. Lei helped these people.

jujufreak
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
yeah, such a nice guy, spreading doping and other rumours about her rival and insulting her. A moron that liked to influence the media!

Dino?Dino.Dino!
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
yeah, such a nice guy, spreading doping and other rumours about her rival and insulting her. A moron that liked to influence the media!

Speaking of objectivity...

alwayshingis
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
He also smelled like death warmed over. It's superficial, but if you ever had to sit behind him at the YEC, for instance, you know it's true.

Slumpsova
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
Lei might have helped Justine financially when she was kid and he wants her to pay something back in return. what would be more appropriate than the fame?

gentenaire
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Lei might have helped Justine financially when she was kid and he wants her to pay something back in return. what would be more appropriate than the fame?

I'm sure it wasn't Justine, but another player.

gentenaire
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:41 PM

I think it was more likely the media doing in the influencing.

jujufreak
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:41 PM

first get your facts straight and then judge, please :wavey:

gentenaire
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
first get your facts straight and then judge, please :wavey:

The same could be said for you.

jujufreak
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:53 PM
The same could be said for you.

sure, he never accused her, right :rolleyes:

stop living in denial...

roelc
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
gentenaire, you must be crazy saying something positive about lei clijsters
jujufreak might want to kill you! :lol:
what a surprise that he posted the first reply in this topic
don't you know it yet? lei clijsters is the devil in person ...

justine is over it, jujufreak clearly isn't (what's in a name)

good luck to you gentenaire! run!

*JR*
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
I thought the following comments a few sports journalists made about Lei Clijsters were interesting, considering how Lei is often slagged off (*cough* JR*cough*).
Elke getting 5 maindraw WC's into Tier II's when she never won a singles match above Challengers & Juniors mean that he's unethical, sorry. (So is Bob Verbeeck for procuring them, and Kim herself for being... an enabler). :p

jujufreak
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
gentenaire, you must be crazy saying something positive about lei clijsters
jujufreak might want to kill you! :lol:
what a surprise that he posted the first reply in this topic
don't you know it yet? lei clijsters is the devil in person ...

justine is over it, jujufreak clearly isn't (what's in a name)

good luck to you gentenaire! run!

Justine will never forget this, nor will her real fans.

He's no devil, just an opportunistic, money-obsessed man, who loves to influence things behind the scenes, with some help of people like Verbeeck. He only had influence because he decided who could get an interview with Kim and who couldn't. Justine got in his way, so he just sank lower and lower to try to harm her.

Martian KC
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:43 PM
And then another example is given about how Lei really is a good guy: when Kim was 12, Lei helped a competitor of Kim financially. Playing in youth tournaments at a high level is quite expensive and the parents of the girl had trouble financing it. Lei helped these people.

Must've been someone he knew that couldn't overachieve his daughter.:tape:

Ninny
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:44 PM

How do you know it was Justine he helped financially? :confused:

Ninny
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Elke getting 5 maindraw WC's into Tier II's when she never won a singles match above Challengers & Juniors mean that he's unethical, sorry. (So is Bob Verbeeck for procuring them, and Kim herself for being... an enabler). :p

Too right :clap2:

Paul.be
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:25 AM
How do you know it was Justine he helped financially? :confused:
It wasn't Justine. Kirsten Flipkens or Caroline Maes would be my guess.
Justine and Kim did travel together to youth tournaments with Kim's coach Carl Maes.

Londoner
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:00 AM
He also smelled like death warmed over. It's superficial, but if you ever had to sit behind him at the YEC, for instance, you know it's true.

That's hilarious! I love anecdotes like that!

It reminds me of when I sat next to Bartoli's entourage at Eastbourne - all 3 of them. I couldn't work out whether one of them was a male or female. I then saw the hemale buying a beer in the grounds and still couldn't work it out!!

Londoner
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:05 AM
There is absolutely no mention of Clijsters helping Justine financially in anything ever published on Justine. And it definitely would have been reported somewhere, including the 'biography' Tie Break. It simply never happened. Clijsters would never have helped Justine that way. There was tense rivalry between Justine and Kim from a very early age. And before the Justine haters have a go, it was Kim who threw the first hissy huff when she was beaten by the younger Justine!

Ninny
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:37 AM
It wasn't Justine. Kirsten Flipkens or Caroline Maes would be my guess.
Justine and Kim did travel together to youth tournaments with Kim's coach Carl Maes.

Yes, we know that, but hater Tuna doesn't and once again he/she/it is talking out of it's ass for a change! :help:

moby
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I'm not a fan of trashtalking, but let me just say that I've more respect for players who do their own trashtalk.

athake
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:05 AM
i wonder if he still thinks YEC>GS, probably not after YEC 2007 :)

cintatenis
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
There is absolutely no mention of Clijsters helping Justine financially in anything ever published on Justine. And it definitely would have been reported somewhere, including the 'biography' Tie Break. It simply never happened. Clijsters would never have helped Justine that way. There was tense rivalry between Justine and Kim from a very early age. And before the Justine haters have a go, it was Kim who threw the first hissy huff when she was beaten by the younger Justine!

Juju is one year older than Kim :-)