PDA

View Full Version : Sesil's return is postponed!!!

Bulgaria
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
The USTA refused to let Sesil participate in the Tampa Bay qualies, because she is not young american hope!!! OMG this is just unbeliavable. The tournament wants her to play but the USTA not. Screw them. :mad:

Woodsworth
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
VAMOS to the player who take Sesil's WC and loses 2 and 1. Might as well just put a bye.

Maryamator
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
WTF:mad:
Where's she supposed to start then:mad:
on mars maybe:)?:mad:

petkoan
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
The USTA refused to let Sesil participate in the Tampa Bay qualies, because she is not young american hope!!! OMG this is just unbeliavable. The tournament wants her to play but the USTA not. Screw them. :mad:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

expected....

RenaSlam.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Hahahahahha who cares.

Sesil's return is going to be anything but thunderous. :)

Slumpsova
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
OMG :fiery:
Sesil :hug: now win US Open and those creeps will kiss your ass.

Woodsworth
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
Hahahahahha who cares.

Sesil's return is going to be anything but thunderous. :)

Liars go to hell.

RenaSlam.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Liars go to hell.

So do assholes.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
The USTA refused to let Sesil participate in the Tampa Bay qualies, because she is not young american hope!!! OMG this is just unbeliavable. The tournament wants her to play but the USTA not. Screw them. :mad:R U sure that's the reason? There aren't any young American hopes.

mimosa
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
What a bad news but i hope there will be a good one very soon.
Good luck Sesil!!!! :hug:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
:bounce:

St.Sebastian
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
She might get into qualies without the WC

DaMamaJama87
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:24 PM
She's a known drugs cheat. Her fans should be happy with whatever she can get and have no right to be angry at any tournament.

*Jean*
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Unfair! :(

Slumpsova
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:29 PM
She's a known drugs cheat. Her fans should be happy with whatever she can get and have no right to be angry at any tournament.
what a stupid post! this is the worst from you ever. disgrace! :o

griffin
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Out of curiousity - why would you think she DESERVES a WC?

They can give WC's to whoever they damn well please.

G-Ha
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
as if there are any young american hopes...
assuming this story is true, the tournament would obviously offer sesil a wc not out of the goodness of their hearts, but because they believe she will attract attention, fans and ultimately money. the usta should understand this and allow the tournament officials to do what they believe is in the best interest of the tournament.

UDACHi
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
why was it posted that she had already received the wildcard when she had not, then? :rolleyes:

Maryamator
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
why was it posted that she had already received the wildcard when she had not, then? :rolleyes:

im wondering the same thing:mad:

justine schnyder
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:50 PM
Good, she's not deserves this imo

A'DAM
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Thats a bit unfair. First they said she gets WC and than she does not get it.
I feel for her...

twight6
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:32 PM
If she wants to play under the Bulgarian flag then who wants to piss away a wild card on her?

She had her chance at fame and she blew it by doping. If she wants to make a comeback she's going to have to work for it :rolleyes:

Wolverines08
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/draws/EventDraw.aspx?T=67449&E=1

DaMamaJama87
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
what a stupid post! this is the worst from you ever. disgrace! :o

Why? She's lucky to be back at all. Funny, I don't remember Ben Johnson or Jose Conseco picking up so many fans AFTER they revealed their doping ways :tape:

Hant11
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
what's her next tournament?

LefandePatty
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
OMG. :weirdo:

Cp6uja
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
OMG... i just notice at USTA official site - Sesil will be replaced with (young american hope) Brie Whitehead :help::help::help:

BTW... even with all her problems Sesil will have at end (much?) better career than any girl borned at North America between 1985-1990 and USTA with this action want to humiliate her at this sh*ty 25K tournament!? They give last season Canas WC to play two big tournaments of "masters series" (Miami and IW), but dont give even qually WC to litle Sesil at stupid chalanger :fiery:. For me Sesil is not RG2005 cheater (with 15 years - no way! - cheater is obviously her pather/couch).

USTA is hopeless in woman competition :tape:

Lucyxx
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
USTA. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

drake3781
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
So who gets the WC?

tenn_ace
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
and why should they give her a WC? Seriously? What has she done to deserve it more than the girl who gets a wc?

tennisbuddy12
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
OMG... i just notice at USTA official site - Sesil will be replaced with (young american hope) Brie Whitehead :help::help::help:

I dont see it :confused:

miffedmax
Jan 3rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
I suppose if I weren't so damn lazy I'd fire off an e-mail what with being a card-carrying USTA member and all, but it wouldn't do any good.

I suspect, in all honesty, that they would have done the same thing if it had been Lucic, or Dokic or any other non-American player trying to get back on the tour, although I think tournaments should be allowed to grant wc's to whomever they choose, providing they are in good standing with the WTA, ATP and ITF. Which, as of Jan 1., Sesil is.

sunsfuns
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
But seriously WC or no WC, but how is she supposed to start playing again? She is still only 18...

switz
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
They give last season Canas WC to play two big tournaments of "masters series" (Miami and IW), but dont give even qually WC to litle Sesil at stupid chalanger :fiery:

don't make stuff up. Canas was a lucky loser through qualifying in Indian Wells and qualified in Miami. He won multiple challengers and tour level tournament in South America to get his ranking up before that.

kittyking
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Liars go to hell.

So do assholes.

What about the asshole of someone like Bhutto? Does it get detached from her and sent to hell? Then how will she sit down!!!

sunsfuns
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
She will probably have to go overseas to start. Most countries don't have such restrictive rules about WC for minor tournaments. I'm sure someone somewhere will take a chance on her.

sunsfuns
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
don't make stuff up. Canas was a lucky loser through qualifying in Indian Wells and qualified in Miami. He won multiple challengers and tour level tournament in South America to get his ranking up before that.

And how did he get into those challengers? By taking WC of course...

tenn_ace
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
But seriously WC or no WC, but how is she supposed to start playing again? She is still only 18...

pre-qualifying, 10k's. if she is so special she'll be playing 25k's in no time.

sunsfuns
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:35 PM
pre-qualifying, 10k's. if she is so special she'll be playing 25k's in no time.

As I understand it USTA didn't allow her to participate in just such a pre-qualifying (for 25k, but there are no 10k in Florida any time soon) event.

Although I would like to see the original source. Sometimes people write complete :bs: here...

AcesHigh
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
I'd feel bad for her if she wasn't a cheater. I don't see what the big deal is. She's going to have a hard time getting back.. it's expected.

tenn_ace
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
As I understand it USTA didn't allow her to participate in just such a pre-qualifying (for 25k, but there are no 10k in Florida any time soon) event.

Although I would like to see the original source. Sometimes people write complete :bs: here...

the way I read it in the first post of the thread, she was declined a wc into qualifying.

There are 10k's all over Europe being played...

switz
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
What about the asshole of someone like Bhutto? Does it get detached from her and sent to hell? Then how will she sit down!!!

if Benazir Bhutto got into heaven Saint Peter must have gone to the bathroom and left the gates open :o

switz
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
And how did he get into those challengers? By taking WC of course...

In South America. Not the USA. The poster was implying the USTA gave him wildcards.

ninanina19
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM

BTW... even with all her problems Sesil will have at end (much?) better career than any girl borned at North America between 1985-1990 and USTA with this action want to humiliate her at this sh*ty 25K tournament!? They give last season Canas WC to play two big tournaments of "masters series" (Miami and IW), but dont give even qually WC to litle Sesil at stupid chalanger :fiery:. For me Sesil is not RG2005 cheater (with 15 years - no way! - cheater is obviously her pather/couch).

USTA is hopeless in woman competition :tape:Lol.

LCS
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
Please!! USTA has to be day-dreaming with that whole thing with the american hopes in women's tennis....:lol:

gumoll
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
:yeah:

she doesn't deserve a WC!!!

:rolleyes:

sunsfuns
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
I have no idea if she is still capable of playing top 100 level tennis, but if she is she will claw her way back anyway. She will get in somewhere. Might take few months longer, though...

azza
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Oh well. :rolls:

10K Quallies it is then!

tobi
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
According to this she will play the WC event and most probably will get MD WC then.

sunsfuns
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
10K Quallies it is then!

She is on the entry list for all 10k tournaments for the next 4 weeks, but the closest she is #44 alternate for qualifying... I assume, however, that 90% of those alternates do not actually show up. Otherwise no one would ever be able to start playing without a ranking...

bgbgbg
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
According to this she will play the WC event and most probably will get MD WC then.

it is for the next tournament, I mean the week of 14 january. And the winner gets WC for the qualifying, not the main draw: http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/tournamenthome/tournament.aspx?T=67449

ce
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
:woohoo:
:ras:

tobi
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
it is for the next tournament, I mean the week of 14 january. And the winner gets WC for the qualifying, not the main draw: http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/tournamenthome/tournament.aspx?T=67449
Yeah didnt check the tournement name thanx

Qrystyna
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:35 PM
Sesil :sad:
They just keep trying to steal her thunder

Kevin.
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM

USTA is hopeless in woman competition :tape:

where did you find this out??

Slumpsova
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
Sesil should boycott US challenger ever.

Woodsworth
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
Sesil should boycott US challenger ever.

Ughh. :help:

juki
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I think Sesil has been quite classy with her return. She could have gone to the media and made a big deal about her comeback, begging to play in WTA events and Australian Open. Asking for 25k qualy wildcards is really not selfish I think, and she wouldn't even get ranking points unless she wins all her matches. For an unranked player not having access to wildcards the only chance she could play any tournament would be on very busy weeks or by going to out-of-the way places. She would have to wait some time to play maybe. She seems to be taking her comeback seriously, has trained hard and is going about it the right way. I think this deserves her a second chance. Hopefully later this year she'll have earned her way to top 100 and maybe she can play some grand slams. Good luck to her! :bounce:

polishprodigy
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I thought there was news that she would get a WC due to a withdrawal by someone who was supposed to get one (a young American).

Obviously the USTA did not feel comfortable giving her a WC because of her drug history. Too bad.

polishprodigy
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Where is the source for this information?

stevos
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I would say something reasonable, but I'm not in the mood right now so...

Fuck you, ya goddamn American tennis nazi pricks.
:sobbing:

Oh, but it WILL still be thunderous. It will...

Cp6uja
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:49 AM
where did you find this out??This my post is sarcasm. I want to demonstrate how is pathetic this USTA deccission against Sesil.

- Brie is young
- Brie is American
- Brie is ranked like some usual 25K qually WC.

B/c Brie is only WTAworlds well-known player with profile like this i use her name to present how looks player profile which have advantage ahead of one of youngest TOP40 player ever. What is point if i present real name of real young american hope(less) player which will play qual. instead Sesil if nobody hear about her in this forum?

I'm also big enemy of dop cheaters, but her case is exception for me b/c she have ONLY 15 when doped (it's not own deccission of 15 y.o. girl - no way) and such talent deserve 2nd chance. After RG2005 she is banned 2 years and real professional cheater Mariano Puerta banned 8 years from ATP. But Mariano already played (since june of 2007) and Sesil must paused full punish (2 years) - but that is not enough for USTA and they give Sesil another two weeks extra :p.

LindsayRulz
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Sesil :sad:

matty
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:45 AM
This is going too far. She has payed for her mistake -they need to give her a break! :confused:

Coetzer_Fan
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM
I feel for her and her fans, if the story is true. But as you guys said when she's awarded the wildcard, a QWC to a 25k isn't a big deal, so then being denied one isn't a whole lot more serious. If she's that good, nothing can stop her return to the top. And it seems she can play in another wildcard challenge in US, so two weeks isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, I guess.

Experimentee
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:04 AM
WCs arent a right, they are a privilege. Since shes a drug cheat she shouldnt really be expecting anything in the first place. There are 10K qualy events she could enter without a ranking, and work her way up like everyone else does.

So Disrespectful
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:11 AM
They gave it to Brie Wildcard :rolls:

Young American "hope". :lol: :haha:

So Disrespectful
Jan 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I thought you were serious! :lol:

Word on the street is, with Brie's inclusion in the draw, Tampa has been upgraded to a 50k.

Helaena
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:12 AM

ok :rolleyes::tape:

hwanmig
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Pathetic:rolleyes:, enjoy this small victory hypocritical haters.

Londoner
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Why is it unfair that a liar and drug cheat doesn't get a wild card?! Hingis new when to quit. The ghastly Sesil should should just go away and leave tennis alone. I don't see how she can ever reconcile the fact that she lied so blatantly.

It would be a terrible blight on the game if she ever won a tournament on the tour. And it would be unfair on the other, non-doping, players.

HTE
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
R U sure that's the reason? There aren't any young American hopes.

:lol: spot on :D

Freakan
Jan 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM
They gave WQC to Stephanie Herz from Netherlands :o
Steph used to be very promising but she's been plagued by injuries and her results suck :o
She lost to Sesil 0:6 1:6 the only time they played...

coool
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM
pathetic

griffin
Jan 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM
This is going too far. She has payed for her mistake -they need to give her a break! :confused:

Define "break" - if it means allowing her back on tour again, yes. Once her suspension ends she should be allowed to compete like anyone else.

If it means giving her special favors, or free passes into tournments or qualies - hell no, "they" don't need to give her anything.

juki
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Had she been out for two years with an injury and not a drug suspension any 25k would beg to have a former top 20 play at their tournament, and she would be getting WCs offers probably from every tournament. Even the USTA wouldn't deny a former top 20 to give the spot to a promising junior. (I know she would have a SR in this scenario and wouldn't need to play 25ks).

So if Sesil should be treated equally like the other players, with the suspension redeeming her doping offense and having it considered a non-issue, she would be given WCs because of her past achievements and obvious talent. I would be surprised to find out if any of the top 200 didn't get their start from wild cards into ITFs. Very few (if any) of the current top players were forced to play in 10k qualys in S. America or Asia.

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Sesil grew up in Bradenton Florida. Nick said Sesil can become a #1.
I don't why the USTA doesn't want a player this talented in their 25k draws.

Volcana
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:44 PM
WTF:mad:
Where's she supposed to start then:mad:
on mars maybe:)?:mad:She violated the conditions of participation cheated and lied about it. I'd rather ban the coaches and trainers who enabled her, but I certainly have no sympathy for her. The harder it is to re-start her career, the more likely she is to stay on the straight and narrow.Had she been out for two years with an injury and not a drug suspension any 25k would beg to have a former top 20 play at their tournament, and she would be getting WCs offers probably from every tournament. Even the USTA wouldn't deny a former top 20 to give the spot to a promising junior.They might to a player who careerhigh ranking was only #35 though.

griffin
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Had she been out for two years with an injury and not a drug suspension any 25k would beg to have a former top 20 play at their tournament, and she would be getting WCs offers probably from every tournament.

It would still be a GIFT and not an ENTITLEMENT. They don't NEED to give her anything.

orka_irl
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:16 PM
So if Sesil should be treated equally like the other players, with the suspension redeeming her doping offense and having it considered a non-issue...
Sesil will never again be treated the same as other non-doping players. The suspension was a punishment not a redemption (would you let a convicted child-molester babysit your children just because they had 'redeemed' themselves by serving out a punishment?). Even if she goes on to be the most accomplished player of all time in terms of results and titles, she will have a cloud over her and be treated differently forever.

I agree with other posters that it would be much fairer if the coaches/trainers who did this to her could be punished but they can't - and if she is still surrounded by the same people (does anyone know?) then she can't expect much sympathy.

I would be surprised to find out if any of the top 200 didn't get their start from wild cards into ITFs. Very few (if any) of the current top players were forced to play in 10k qualys in S. America or Asia.
Yes, they generally get wildcards from their own tennis federations - Sesil could wait for a Bulgarian event and request a wildcard there.

Pasta-Na
Jan 4th, 2008, 04:52 PM
maybe she is waiting for a storm? :shrug:

Just Do It
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Come it is a fucking Q wc at 25k event :shrug: Every week there is another itf tournament in USA, it is not true that they did not want her a WC because of "talented young Americans" ( whoare all in Australia at the moment btw ) :rolleyes:

Fuckers !!!

harloo
Jan 4th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Maybe Sesil and her camp should of thought about this when they lied about being drug cheats. I wouldn't give her a goddamn thing. You come back on tour and work your way back up to the top. Otherwise, stop complaining about how difficult it is to get a wild card. :o

-VSR-
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm surprised the WTA even let her back. :mad:

nouf
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM
maybe i will have comments of sesil on that! sure i will put them here

Johno_uk
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:12 PM

Here here.

Of course she should not be hindered from entering tournaments, but neither should she get any favours i.e. start in 10k qualies. I'm sorry but if you've cheated then your previous achievements are erased, and you have to prove yourself again.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Had she been out for two years with an injury and not a drug suspension any 25k would beg to have a former top 20 play at their tournament, and she would be getting WCs offers probably from every tournament. Even the USTA wouldn't deny a former top 20 to give the spot to a promising junior. (I know she would have a SR in this scenario and wouldn't need to play 25ks).

So if Sesil should be treated equally like the other players, with the suspension redeeming her doping offense and having it considered a non-issue, she would be given WCs because of her past achievements and obvious talent. I would be surprised to find out if any of the top 200 didn't get their start from wild cards into ITFs. Very few (if any) of the current top players were forced to play in 10k qualys in S. America or Asia.

But she has never been even close to Top-20. The only thing worthy of note she has ever done was defeating Venus at Roland Garros 2005. And she was on steroids back then so even that win means nothing.

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Define "break" - if it means allowing her back on tour again, yes. Once her suspension ends she should be allowed to compete like anyone else.

If it means giving her special favors, or free passes into tournments or qualies - hell no, "they" don't need to give her anything.

But she's proven already that she can compete with the best.

You can't just discriminate against her because of her suspension, that's in the past now and I think it's obvious that she has enough potential to deserve some wildcards into smaller events like Tampa.

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2008, 12:57 AM

:worship::worship: I'm wondering how all those critisizing the USTA would react if the country tennis association had given a wild card to a known foreign drug cheat instead of one of their own :rolleyes:

Babolatpro880
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:13 AM
:worship::worship: I'm wondering how all those critisizing the USTA would react if the country tennis association had given a wild card to a known foreign drug cheat instead of one of their own :rolleyes:

That would be a decent argument if Herz was an American.

germex
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Do you mean one of their own drug cheats instead of a foreign one? Come on, they wont find any American athlete doping in a million years ;)

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2008, 03:30 AM
That would be a decent argument if Herz was an American.

Well I made that statement based on what I read in another thread. Still , the USTA has the right to give wild cards to whom ever they please :shrug:

TatiNovic
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Whywhywhy???

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I don't think anyone got my joke back on page 5 ;)

Jakeev
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:24 AM
R U sure that's the reason? There aren't any young American hopes.
Uh that is not true. If the season ending junior events proved anything it's that American tennis is actually on the rise.
But that's not the point. Don't say Sesil is not a upcoming American player but give to someone from the Netherlands. The USTA definitely screwed this one up.

sunsfuns
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:03 AM
1) I haven't read anything about Sesil herself complaining about her not being treated well(not publicaly at least)

2) Tournament of course didn't have to give her a WC, but as I understand it they wanted to and USTA didn't allow it. Or is that not correct?

3) Nothing tragic has happened - if she is still capable of playing at high level she will get back anyway. Few weeks this way or that way at her age will make no difference. Let's see first if she can outplay those girls in WC play-off without losing more than few games a match...

markdelaney
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:34 PM
So much bickering and venom. it's unnecessary. This was a 15 year old girl, she couldn't have bought those drugs herself,so someone clearly supplied them to her, either knowingly or not. Having seen the grotesque entourage she took with her to Wimbledon, I felt sad for her. Just a load of greedy, aggressive men clearly in the sport for what they could get out of her. She's served her ban and deserves a chance to play again. I hope she doesn't fail another drugs test but history does has a habit of repeating itself with drug offenders.

Juan
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I've posted a discussion topic in my WTA blog about this wild-card affair. Feel free to leave a comment with your opinion
http://wtahotties.blogspot.com/2008/01/hot-topic-wild-cards-for-dopping.html

BTW Sesil finally won that pre-qualy tournament for a WC in Surprise qualies :D

DownTheLine21
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Does she have any time frame for herself? By that I mean does she hope to compete in the French Open or Wimbledon?